| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Blueprint Seller
The Blueprint Shop
169
|
Posted - 2014.02.22 16:27:00 -
[1] - Quote
- Amount: 15B
- Interest: 2% monthly
- Duration: 3 months
- Client: Kalinda Sharma
- Collateral: Quake S & Tremor S BPOs held by me
I am offering this loan on behalf of a client of mine, Kalinda Sharma. I am holding two low-end T2 BPOs belonging to the client, which I will be manufacturing from on the client's behalf for the duration of the loan. The BPOs will act as collateral against a 25B loan that I will be issuing to the client. These BPOs are worth approx 30B together, based on previous sales. I will be providing 10B of the total loan myself and I am seeking another 15B of funding from MD. If the client defaults on the loan, I will cover all investors to 102% (principal plus one month of interest) and will keep whatever I can recover from the collateral. If the client wishes to extend the loan beyond 3 months there will be an opportunity for investors to exit or swap around. If any investor wishes to withdraw their investment before that, I will do what I can to enable them.
Ask any questions you have here, please. |

merlin westfield
D.M. INDUSTRIES Balkan United
0
|
Posted - 2014.02.22 16:36:00 -
[2] - Quote
put me down for 2 b |

Blueprint Seller
The Blueprint Shop
169
|
Posted - 2014.02.22 16:47:00 -
[3] - Quote
For simple administration the minimum investment is 1B. Priority will be given to larger investors.
Reserved: 2B of 15B
merlin westfield wrote:put me down for 2 b
|

Mr JLB Matekoni
Speedy Motors
0
|
Posted - 2014.02.23 06:38:00 -
[4] - Quote
I will offer 5B. |

Speculation Dave
Tiericide Kings
15
|
Posted - 2014.02.23 16:13:00 -
[5] - Quote
Looks like I have a chance to return the favour
so I will chip in the rest! |

RAW23
700
|
Posted - 2014.02.23 17:10:00 -
[6] - Quote
I have to put this carefully because you are a valued investor of mine but ...
1) Have you ever raised a loan before? If not, what justifies the size and rate for this one as your first offering?
2) You seem to have plenty of isk but can you give a rough sketch of your NAV and activities in the game?
3) Are you Bad Bobby's alt?
The reason I ask the last question is because you started selling Titan BPCs in January 2011 a day before Bobby relaunched his T4U blueprint sales thread and your thread itself started three days after Bobby accidentally (it seems) burnt one of his blueprint selling alts by creating a direct association with it on the Sell forum.
In addition, you appeared on MD fully formed with a knowledge of the procedures and how the investment market works and Bobby has said in the past he invests in MD using alts. You are clearly the alt of some wealthy player, since you started your life selling Titan BPCs and were looking to buy Titan BPOs three months into your existence.
Also, your portrait bears some characteristics in common with Bobby's . In both cases considerable effort has gone into the smile and the eyebrows, which are features most players don't know how to modify effectively and thus don't bother with. In addition, both have a sideways tilt of the head that is slightly unusual and both use similar backgrounds.
So, tinfoil hat off but I felt I had to ask this now you are looking to borrow isk as I have had slight suspicions for quite a while. There are two types of EVE player:
those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not. |

Brock Nelson
652
|
Posted - 2014.02.23 19:29:00 -
[7] - Quote
Selling tinfoil, get your hot fresh tinfoil here Signature removed, CCP Phantom |

RAW23
700
|
Posted - 2014.02.23 21:19:00 -
[8] - Quote
A couple more points ...
a) Blueprint Seller was created just two weeks after the T4U scam was made public.
b) And this, I think, might be the kicker ... Blueprint Seller's corp is 'The Blueprint Shop', ticker [BPCS.]. Bobby's old blueprint research and copy corp was Bring Me Sunshine, ticker ... [BPCS].
I suspect the story is something like this. After T4U Bobby decided he needed a new alt to transact business with those who might be put off by the notion of dealing with EVE's most notorious scammer, so Blueprint Seller was born to, well, keep selling the blueprints that had formed the basis for much of Bobby's prior business. Bobby, partly through, I think, a rather gracious desire to not rub his previous investors' noses in the **** and partly due to the inevitable derailing of threads that was attendant on his appearance in them, more or less stopped posting on MD for 15 months after T4U (with a very few exceptions). But we know that Bobby's interest in MD never went away and in the early months of 2011 Blueprint Seller starts posting in investment threads, although almost never contributing anywhere else.
We know that Blueprint Seller has the following characteristics:
a) Very wealthy and in possession of Titan BPOs and a seller of Titan BPCs (at least throught 2011 and 2012).
b) Knowledgeable about MD before starting to post here and a very successful investor (the latter is an extremely rare quality).
c) Creator of a blueprint related corp with the ticker [BPCS.]
On the other hand we know that Bobby has the following characteristics:
a) Very wealthy and in possession of Titan BPOs and a seller of Titan BPCs (at least throught 2011 and 2012). Interestingly, a little digging shows Bobby and Blueprint seller as seeming to have very very similar collections of BPOs. Admittedly there isn't a vast range available but still ...
b) Knowledgeable about MD and with the talents required to be a very successful investor.
c) Creator of a blueprint related corp with the ticker [BPCS].
In addition, both of them post within the same time-frame, including posting at a time that would seem diabolically early to most of us (between 4am and 7am) and not posting after 8pm. In the last year or so there are a number of significant correlations in the breaks they both take from posting and in periods of high posting activity.
Both characters were created by someone who is skilled in using the portrait creator and who has a thing for eyebrows that rise to a point (something also seen on Bobby's Titans 4U character portrait) and slightly crooked smiles.
On the assumption that Bobby does invest using an alt or alts, Blueprint Seller is the best fit for the profile of investing that would be expected from someone as wealthy as Bobby. The only possible exception is flakeys and I have good grounds for being certain that flakeys is not Bobby.
Putting all this together I'm relatively comfortable with my assessment. Of course, these could all be coincidences but damn would that be a lot of coincidences! There are two types of EVE player:
those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not. |

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
5247
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 00:48:00 -
[9] - Quote
You RAW23 and Vera Algaert wold make two fantastic auditors. If only anybody still cared about them that is. Auditing | Collateral holding and insurance | Consulting | PLEX for Good Charity
Twitter channel |

Rykker Bow
The Mjolnir Bloc
143
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 04:48:00 -
[10] - Quote
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:You RAW23 and Vera Algaert wold make two fantastic auditors. If only anybody still cared about them that is.
Indeed! I hope RAW doesn't look too hard at me, he's certain to find things that even I don't know about me.  |

Vera Algaert
Republic University Minmatar Republic
1325
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 07:20:00 -
[11] - Quote
My 2 cents:
list of threads containing directly or almost directly subsequent posts of Bad Bobby and Blueprint Seller
Caveats:
- This data set was collected manually (using Google). I have no idea how comprehensive it is.
- For perspective the following statistics would be important
(number of threads in which BB and BS have subsequent posts) / (number of threads in which both BB and BS have posts)
(number of threads in which [random MD regular] and BS have subsequent posts) / (number of threads in which both [random MD regular] and BS have posts)
- Even if BS and BB should have an unusually high number of subsequent posts (which I strongly expect to be true) they don't necessarily have to be the same poster. An alternative explanation could be that both tend to discuss interesting MD threads with each other (e.g. according to eve-live BS is aware of the TLEAF channel).
|

Blueprint Seller
The Blueprint Shop
169
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 07:49:00 -
[12] - Quote
RAW23 wrote:1) Have you ever raised a loan before? No. As a rule I try not to borrow. The reason for doing so now is that Kalinda, a regular customer, has come to me with a request at a time when I am overcomitted due to several other loans.
RAW23 wrote:If not, what justifies the size and rate for this one as your first offering? The size and rate are what they have to be. I am offering a collateralised loan to Kalinda at 2.5% while manufacturing from her collateral so I had to set the rate to MD at 2% for it to be viable. I felt that since it was a relatively small loan and as I had helped out many other people in MD that it would not be an unreasonable request, but if I had not raised the 15B here I would have to withdraw my investment from other loans (such as yours, which is why I was asking about the timeframe for your expansion) in order to make the loan to Kalinda.
RAW23 wrote:2) You seem to have plenty of isk but can you give a rough sketch of your NAV and activities in the game? My NAV is approximately 800B and my primary source of income in EVE is re-selling blueprints, as you will be able to see from my contract history. I also make a lot of loans to MD posters, as you know, but that does not contribute much to my income.
RAW23 wrote:3) Are you Bad Bobby's alt? No. But you are not the first person to ask. I know him moderately well, I have been buying BPCs from him for years, I idle in many chat channels that he frequents and we cross paths due to common interests.
RAW23 wrote:The reason I ask the last question is because you started selling Titan BPCs in January 2011 a day before Bobby relaunched his Those were probably the same BPCs. I gave up selling through the forums long ago and now I just use the contract system.
I do not know what to say about the rest of this. Reading it myself, it looks pretty convincing, but I am not his alt. |

Blueprint Seller
The Blueprint Shop
169
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 07:55:00 -
[13] - Quote
merlin westfield wrote:put me down for 2 b Mr JLB Matekoni wrote:I will offer 5B. Speculation Dave wrote:so I will chip in the rest! Unless anyone is planning to withdraw their reservations, you can send your isk to me now. |

flakeys
The Mjolnir Bloc The Bloc
2072
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 09:04:00 -
[14] - Quote
Well , this was a nice read to go with my morning coffee and the tinfoil does sound verry plausible .
MMmmm , think i am gonna dig through my accounts now and look for a char called blueprint seller as he appearantly has the same NAV , about the same source of ingame income and is mostly known on MD for loaning out isk, i'm getting paranoia .
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
|

Magnu Stormhawk
Stormhawk Enterprises
35
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 09:30:00 -
[15] - Quote
Nice write up RAW
I've always assumed Blueprint Seller was Bad Bobby. I thought it was generally well known. Posting style alone seemed to fit, and the bpcs link, and timing of emergence supported it.
I do have a second hunch if the first fails :P. Out of interest Blueprint Seller, if you don't mind answering, would you confirm whether you as a player have ever had any dealings with me in the past?
Sorry to derail your thread further but this is quality tinfoil. |

RAW23
700
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 10:08:00 -
[16] - Quote
It's Bobby. eve-live for scc makes that pretty clear. Shame it wouldn't load for me last night.
A selection of connections (some of these are on 1000 lines rather than 50; apologies for that):
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2703079#post2703079
Bobby wrote:I would not use any of the Frogs for everyday courier jobs near hub systems simply because I will end up paying more and waiting longer than if I put up a public courier contract.
http://evelocal.com/talk/6052872
BS wrote:Public courier contracts cost less and if you are asking for short trips to and from a hub there is no need to pay a premium.
Wherein Blueprint Seller displays what seems like a good degree of familiarity with Pandemic LegionGÇÖs attitudes and general doctrine.
http://evelocal.com/talk/6051029
and states he is a GÇÿlong timeGÇÖ PL member, just like someone else we know.
http://evelocal.com/talk/150237838
And he has a knowledge of Hydra
http://evelocal.com/talk/173858333
And a knowledge of TLEAF and Bad BobbyGÇÖs FW/COSMOS farming
http://evelocal.com/talk/150239412
In fact, going back a few years, apart from a few references to Goons and Test these are the only corps/alliances Blueprint Seller holds forth on.
Also, a few minutes after BS mentioning Bobby, Bobby turns up here, picks up the conversation that BS was having and then BS logs off four minutes after Bobby arrives (without acknowledging Bobby, despite Bobby joining the conversation by saying hi to him)
http://evelocal.com/talk/150239916
Blueprint Seller mentions his experience building Titans, something Bobby has done a fair bit of
http://evelocal.com/talk/6052329
In which Bad Bobby distinguishes between the peasants and the nobility of eve
http://eve-search.com/thread/94755-1/author/Bad%20Bobby#15
Compare
http://evelocal.com/talk/6051672 and http://evelocal.com/talk/7396612
In which Blueprint Seller explains that the way he got his financial start in eve is no longer viable
http://evelocal.com/talk/150238159
Which doesnGÇÖt match his story about always being a blueprint trader but does match BobbyGÇÖs story about getting his start exploiting COSMOS missions and harvesting datacores:
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1541215&page=2#54
There's a fair bit more but I think that is probably enough.
Now the thrill of the chase has worn off I feel a bit dirty and stalkerish. There are two types of EVE player:
those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not. |

RAW23
700
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 10:10:00 -
[17] - Quote
Bobby - I hope you don't stop investing as you're one of the only good investors on the board and under Blueprint Seller's tag have, ironically, done a lot to keep the investment market going.
I hope there are no hard feelings. There are two types of EVE player:
those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not. |

Blueprint Seller
The Blueprint Shop
169
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 13:36:00 -
[18] - Quote
The client has got cold feet after all this nonsense, so I am going to have to call off the loan. |

RAW23
704
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 13:47:00 -
[19] - Quote
Blueprint Seller wrote:The client has got cold feet after all this nonsense, so I am going to have to call off the loan.
I'm sorry to hear that but you did say
Quote: Reading it myself, it looks pretty convincing,
If even you think it looks pretty convincing you can't really blame the rest of us.
If you are genuinely not Bobby why not clear things up by posting with your main and setting the record straight? I would be happy to compensate you for the lost profit; I really have no desire to mess up someone's business on the basis of mistaken identity. There are two types of EVE player:
those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not. |

SKINE DMZ
Stay Frosty.
319
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 15:19:00 -
[20] - Quote
That was impressive. I disagree |

flakeys
The Mjolnir Bloc The Bloc
2073
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 15:58:00 -
[21] - Quote
SKINE DMZ wrote:That was impressive.
Well that kinda is the thing with raw he never does half work ...
... well if i was to believe his wife ALLMOST never , but that's a totally different subject .
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
|

Nedly Stark
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
4
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 17:03:00 -
[22] - Quote
Bad, bad, Bobby. GO to your room at once. |

Erehwon Rorschach
Native Freshfood Minmatar Republic
103
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 13:10:00 -
[23] - Quote
RAW23.... EVE Online has it's very own Sherlock Holmes.
That, my good fellow, was very impressive and very well presented.
Remind me never to get on your bad side. (Not that I have anything to hide ) Because your mum just couldn't say no. |

flakeys
The Mjolnir Bloc The Bloc
2074
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 13:34:00 -
[24] - Quote
Erehwon Rorschach wrote:RAW23.... EVE Online has it's very own Sherlock Holmes. That, my good fellow, was very impressive and very well presented. Remind me never to get on your bad side. ( Not that I have anything to hide )
We'll let raw be the Judge of that .... 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
|

Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises Fidelas Constans
402
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 13:51:00 -
[25] - Quote
RAW23,
Please go ahead & do a check on me. I am thinking of asking for a loan in the near future.
Thanks R.I.P. Vile Rat |

Speculation Dave
Tiericide Kings
15
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 14:09:00 -
[26] - Quote
 |

RAW23
713
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 15:34:00 -
[27] - Quote
Erehwon Rorschach wrote:Remind me never to get on your bad side. (Not that I have anything to hide  )
Bobby's not on my bad side. Quite the opposite in fact.
I actually have slightly mixed feelings about this. After the moment of satisfaction when all the pieces fell together and after the thrill of the chase had worn off I slightly regretted spending so much of my time looking after people who were going to make a silly investment without doing any due diligence at all, and who were falling into one of the oldest MD traps, at the expense of someone who I like a lot (although it's unlikely he would have actually scammed on this one as the potential for pulling in much more would have been pretty good after paying this one back). Not to mention the lost opportunity costs from about five hours when I could have been trading, which probably amounts to a couple of billion or more.
I have been trying to get people on MD to invest sensibly for some four years now with pretty much zero success and the great irony of this is that BS/BB is one of the only people who does invest with proper care. Of course, he's also one of the reasons care is needed! There are two types of EVE player:
those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not. |

Magnu Stormhawk
Stormhawk Enterprises
35
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 15:57:00 -
[28] - Quote
If I thought you needed it, i would have chipped in with some ISK to make your time worthwhile :)
I wish I could be bothered to try and track people through their posting and character history. There's someone i'd very much like to find if they are still playing, though i suspect they have bought and sold many chars since my dealings with them. Someone should take this detective work up as a paid job  |

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
5252
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 18:03:00 -
[29] - Quote
flakeys wrote:Well , this was a nice read to go with my morning coffee and the tinfoil does sound verry plausible . MMmmm , think i am gonna dig through my accounts now and look for a char called blueprint seller as he appearantly has the same NAV , about the same source of ingame income and is mostly known on MD for loaning out isk, i'm getting paranoia  .
Beware, Flakeys. You could find out that you are a dirty alt... of yourself!  Auditing | Collateral holding and insurance | Consulting | PLEX for Good Charity
Twitter channel |

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
5252
|
Posted - 2014.02.25 18:07:00 -
[30] - Quote
Magnu Stormhawk wrote:If I thought you needed it, i would have chipped in with some ISK to make your time worthwhile :) I wish I could be bothered to try and track people through their posting and character history. There's someone i'd very much like to find if they are still playing, though i suspect they have bought and sold many chars since my dealings with them. Someone should take this detective work up as a paid job 
The fun thing is, in this very second page there's somebody else who could be another BB alt. He made a cameo post with... a certain look. Auditing | Collateral holding and insurance | Consulting | PLEX for Good Charity
Twitter channel |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |