| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Kensaru Kentabi
|
Posted - 2006.04.21 22:59:00 -
[91]
A week or so ago there was a post on one of the mmo guild boards I follow that talked about BoB's declaraion of war.
Sounded interesting and I gave the trial a go and absolutly love it. There are probably ~30 people that have opened trial accounts because of that post and I have gotten 4 other wow players I work with to give it a try too.
EVE is fun.
|

Hysenthlay
|
Posted - 2006.04.21 23:04:00 -
[92]
beta test introduced it to me...
|

Vincent Gaines
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 01:02:00 -
[93]
back in 2003 someone on the VBB (Freespace 2 forums) mentioned it when it was first released (I guess in beta).
I looked at it, read the entire site, but at the time I was strongly against pay-to-play as a MMO.
So I didn't even try it.
Here I am 3 years later, downloaded the trial, and kicking myself for not getting into it sooner.
|

xStormwingx
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 01:22:00 -
[94]
I used to play a lot of Halo PC, and when I joined a clan, some of the guys played something called "Eve Online". I wasn't that interested since I never really liked MMOs.
So I got trial account, joined the clanmates, and did some missions and stuff. When the trial ended, I was like meh, and stopped playing. Not that it was bad, just didn't feel like playing.
While bored, in October, I made another trial account. This time, I stayed. 
:O |

Stephen HB
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 01:40:00 -
[95]
A group of my friends were all starting trials at the same time, and invited me to join in. 1.5 years later and here we are. I think only one of them still plays though  -- Originally by: Drayce Between the learning skills and the tutorial, Eve is like a firewall against the attention deficit kids.
EVE Tracking Guide |

Nikolai Nuvolari
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 02:09:00 -
[96]
Friend told me. -------- Tom Thumb > for a nut case you rawk [04:21:15] Mebrithiel Ju'wien > Nik's bio 4tw btw [07:38:53] Graelyn > Nikolai for Dev 108!
|

Antzor
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 02:25:00 -
[97]
Same.
|

Beowulf Scheafer
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 02:30:00 -
[98]
a m8 of myself bought this game, i saw it and 14 days after i was in. that was in 3. quartal 2003.... and i'm still here. some things (like the appearance and the handling of ships) became better since that, some became worse (in the early days nobody even considered removing bookmarks)...
H-Bomb, Adolf ******, ***** bin Laden, Al Aqsa, Nuclear Strike, Weed, Cr4ck, H, Djihad, Peni5, V4gin4.... NSA has an open eye on me |

Toksin
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 03:02:00 -
[99]
Ironically...I was a BIG MMO fan for awhile. Non-stop, did nothing else. SWG, WoW, FFXI, Matrix Online, Guild Wars, CoH...I was browsing one of the forums I was subscribed to(GameFaqs), for one of the MMOs. Was a post about cool things that had happened in the MMO, and someone posted the link to the "The Great Scam" saying that even though it wasn't for the MMO, it was a great story. I read it, was interested, forgot about it. Month later, saw an Eve add on GameFaqs, read "The Great Scam" again...Started an account. --------------- My views do not reflect the views of my corp, or my own views. |

Gunther Dwendel
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 03:41:00 -
[100]
Like so many others here, I initially heard about it from Earth and Beyond ( all bad btw ). So EnB went belly up and I took a break from online games till I read a review in PC Gamer about a year and a half later. I signed on with a trail account, and loved it! Showed it to the wife, she loved it. Monthly subscribtion for 2 accounts started that nite .
And props to EDF and ASCN for the best corp and alliance in the game!
|

Johnathan Roark
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 04:06:00 -
[101]
I was browsing through our local Best Buy (lol), and saw the box siting on the shelf. Looked intresting, so I went home and pulled the site up and read about the VA and TTI wars on the forums and said to myself, large wars would be cool, so I went back to the store, purchased the box. This was before you could buy direct from CCP.
Corporation Management Improvement |

Kalissa
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 04:40:00 -
[102]
I was into BF1942 big time, the clan I was in was also playing either SWG or Eve Online. I was really interested in playing a spaced based game so I knew it was one of these two for me. What made me choose eve? Well, it was the one that I could download and didnt have to go out and buy (yes in the end that was what it came down to)
I remember logging in for the first time, hell was about 5am in the morning and my mouth dropped when I saw it for the first time. I knew within 5 mins that this game had me and I'd made the right choice. Never did try SWG, never felt the need to.
Two and a half years later and a day rarely goes by I dont log in.
|

Soren
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 05:03:00 -
[103]
A group of friends and I were bored of current games and one of them found Eve, and we all waited for it to be released. That's how Sara Kerrigan, Warhound (*cough sellout cough*) and I found Eve. The friend who found Eve never ended up playing  ________________________________________________
Inappropriate signature. --Jorauk pfft.. all pictures were off the CCP website =\ --Soren |

Sam Bacon
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 08:54:00 -
[104]
Mine is quite unique :)
One the BBC's news website they had an article about people's lifes and their online life's. One person happened to be EVE, it didn't say so, but i had to search for space online multiplayer games, i eventually found it and been here since! :D
|

BadIronTree
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 11:25:00 -
[105]
i have a friend that was in the first people that played eve first beta? he told me about the game and i was register in beta 5 i was accepted to get in :) _________ Elite Frigate pilot :) Assault, Interceptors, Stealth bombers, Interdictors, covert ops
the sig is stolen like your corpes :) |
|

Zhuge Liang

|
Posted - 2006.04.22 11:42:00 -
[106]
E&B forums, I think it was after the JD's critical strike got nerfed (i wasn't happy) there was a very poor content patch with even more hidden nerfage, and something which i cant remember which led to a mini riot on the forums. All I can remember was people constantly saying "soon as eve comes outta here!".
So i checked out what this 'eve' was, it sounded good. Went and bought the game on the day it went live and have never looked back since. I left two lv 150 end game geared chars (JD & PS) behind. Few months after that E&B folded.
I guess word of mouth from fellow gamers is more powerful than any form of advertising.
|
|

Miss Overlord
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 11:44:00 -
[107]
went looking for an old download of elite that and information on x2- found eve rest is history
|

Troye
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 11:52:00 -
[108]
I was in the GAME shop and I had a spare fiver so picked out the cheapest game with the worst box art and to my suprise I loved it and seriously wish Id seen it sooner! _______________________________________________
|

Izo Azlion
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 12:04:00 -
[109]
Early 2005 I had a 14 day trial, but it ****ed my pc. Later in the year, mid-Nov, I saw it on www.ctrlaltdel.com - Absath said he was playing, and so i joined the CAD Inc corp (which is still working hard atm, although Absath himself doesnt play) and I decided to stick around.
It ripped my PC to shreads, though, due to sound card problems. Bought a new soundcard, booyah. it works great these days.
I hope I'm here for a long time yet.
Izo Azlion, Clan Wolf.
---
|

niko86
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 12:04:00 -
[110]
PC Gamer UK was talking alot about it even when it was in beta ... then i just had to wait a year and a bit to get the internet to play EVE worth the wait though 
- Transire suum pectus mundoque potiri |

Pyro Miner
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 12:09:00 -
[111]
i heard about eve when i was dooing earth & beyond beta, when that beta closed i joined eve beta for few weeks, after earth & beyond stopped i started eve and saw it has improved alot from the beta i did then
Selling Null Large T2 Hybrid Ammo And more. ETU Forum : http://etu.forumsplace.com/ |

turnschuh
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 13:00:00 -
[112]
gamershell.com ad :)
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 13:03:00 -
[113]
From a grieving forum.  ----------------
RecruitMe@NOINT! RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran |

jarson
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 13:11:00 -
[114]
From my brother sat and watched him play for hours and hours then his corp asked if i would give it a go and 4 days after i started playing paid for a full account and have never looked back since and guess what iam still playing and iam in my brothers corp :) -----------------------------------------------
i need some colour here i think mods help plz :) |

Adrielle Firewalker
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 13:20:00 -
[115]
A preview in a UK magazine, PCFormat. I got it because the article made several references to Elite, which is one of my favourite games evah! So.. yeah.
Ironically, I got it because I wanted to set up some kind of trade empire, and trading is about the only thing I don't ever want to end up doing in Eve (having tried it waaaay back and not licked it a lot ).
That's about it really  ================
~Adrielle
Original MinmatarT |

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 13:46:00 -
[116]
I had been playing Jedi Knight 2 in a clan for about a year as well as playing many other FPSs and one had a very large artificial hatred for pay-to-play unless it was my own server. One night at a party one of my friends never made it home the next morning and after the funeral which was a few weeks before my birthday I decided to kinda retract into something new and uncharted to take my mind off things.
So I decided to play an MMO and since I came from Jedi Knight 2 I was going to try out Star Wars Galaxies. Before I went to the store I saw some really nice screenshots of EVE which had only been out for a few months and it was up for grabs which one I would actually get.
So, I left it up to fate and as it turns out my need for computer speakers brought me and eve together. I had gone to Bestbuy to buy Creative Labs 4.1 setup and they were out. While at Bestbuy I was going to pick up EVE or SWG. My love for SW was actually winning and I was going to buy it and the speakers. However, Bestbuy didn't have the ones I wanted and being the stuborn mule I am I decided to go to walmart who did have them.
When I got to Walmart they had the speakers and I went to grab SWG. Whoops! They were sold out. Then I went to check and see if they had EVE. 1 COPY LEFT. BAM! take that SWG. So I got the speakers and the game that would become a staple of my life for nearly 3 years that night.
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Torquemanda Corteaz
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 14:57:00 -
[117]
saw some nice looking screenies in an pc mag, so went online and used a trial account back in early 2k4, made this account in sept 2k4
|

Tehyarec
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 15:15:00 -
[118]
I originally heard about it at some pointt in 2003. In those days I didn't play online really (stupid expensive dial-up back then), and I didn't like the idea of a monthly fee (well, I don't now either, being so poor and all ), so I mostly forgot about it. I heard of the game a few times later on, but due to monthly fee I never ended up testing it, until late last month when reading the Ctrl+Alt+Del comic I noticed the trial banner, so of course I had to test it. On retrospect, I only wish I had started on EVE right after we got DSL two years ago 
|

Shiner BockBeer
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 16:14:00 -
[119]
I was big on Homeworld (the first one, not the sequels) way back when. Spent a lot of time forum whoring on Relicnews.org (anyone remember Bullet Magnet?) and someone linked Eve and O.R.B. as upcoming deep space RTS-style game and wanted to know how people thought they would compare to Homeworld.
They were pretty wrong about Eve being an RTS, but I was intrigued enough by the Eve website to sign up for beta, never figuring I'd actually get in. But I did.
Been here ever since.
Oh, and O.R.B? It sucked.
|

Jerick Ludhowe
|
Posted - 2006.04.22 16:38:00 -
[120]
Old buddy from Anarchy Online insisted that I sign up for the beta. I did and Eve has been my favorite game ever since.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |