| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Epsilon 1
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 10:55:00 -
[31]
Tempy is the sex 
Originally by: Steven Gerrard Why do those minmatarians throw their ships together from toilet paper and junk?
|

Spartan239
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 11:24:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Sarmaul just gotta get rid of those target painting bonuses and then almost every ship will be useful 
pfft teir 3 min needs a tp bonus and teir 3 gal needs a damp bonus
Originally by: Tamora its not the skills that make the eve player... its the smack that back him up
|

Kolhell
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 11:35:00 -
[33]
flying minmatar is definitely a love-hate relationship for me. i dont believe a day has gone by where i havent wished i was flying gallente or caldari, but i must say im a bit soft for these quirky duct tape abominations (even my shield tanked 4x bcu phoon i rat angels in >_<)
honestly though? minmatar suffer the most from our lack of focus - it takes such a ridiculous amount of sp to train a good minmatar pilot because we have to learn EVERYTHING
------------------------- bury the hatchet |

SmokeMeAKipper
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 11:38:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Testy Mctest It's often been said that flying Minmatar is playing the game in hard mode.
I started my Amarr character with 5 perception, my gunnery and spaceship command skills take bleedin ages. On top of that i switched straight to minnie ships (wolf is king)
does this mean i am playing in ultra-hard mode - - - - -
IĈm not a pirate... IĈm a carnivore You are fresh meat and IĈm hungry
|

Valdor Hag
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 11:39:00 -
[35]
Edited by: Valdor Hag on 22/05/2006 11:39:11 Would help if they just implement what was promised as well, instead of putting it on the back burner. I know thereĈs far less phoons than megas out there but give us a break!
|

PeopleDamager
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 11:41:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Testy Mctest It's often been said that flying Minmatar is playing the game in hard mode. It's really not far from the truth. Our weapons have comparable damage as an elastic band gun, artillery tracking is about as useful as stephen hawking with a ak47 and they're harder to fit than a cube into a circular hole, our ships have about as much capacitor power as a Morris Minor. We have a higher proportion of useless ships than any other race, and out slots aren't specialised to do any specific thing.
Somehow, in all this rough, there are diamonds. The Rifter, the Rupture, the Vagabond, the Cyclone, the Tempest, and more all play their roles very well. Why? Mostly because of pilot ingenuity. We don't have the best of anything, really (except the Vagabond, arguably the best solo ship in the game), but we make do, and make do quite well.
There's nothing wrong with having rolled Minmatar. You just have to work at it :P
/signed, /signed and ow yeah, /signed.
Minmatar ftw, worse pve-, best pvp characters!
PeopleDamager Pure Minmatar trained character
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 11:54:00 -
[37]
Originally by: PeopleDamager
Minmatar ftw, worse pve-, best pvp characters!
PeopleDamager Pure Minmatar trained character
Its actually not half bad to train both caldari and minmatar. The shield tanking skills from training caldari ships is useful on minmatar ships as well. And projectile guns go well with missiles since none of them use cap.
Once you fly a fast stabber, you'll never go back to caldari for pvp.
--- The Eve Wiki Project |

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:02:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: PeopleDamager
Minmatar ftw, worse pve-, best pvp characters!
PeopleDamager Pure Minmatar trained character
Its actually not half bad to train both caldari and minmatar. The shield tanking skills from training caldari ships is useful on minmatar ships as well. And projectile guns go well with missiles since none of them use cap.
Once you fly a fast stabber, you'll never go back to caldari for pvp.
You forgot that both races use Missiles, the main reason they crosstrain well :P
Once you fly a Vagabond, you never want to get into another ship again. Ever.
Testy's Eve Blog - Updated 22/05/06! |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:03:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Testy Mctest
You forgot that both races use Missiles, the main reason they crosstrain well :P
Once you fly a Vagabond, you never want to get into another ship again. Ever.
No, i didnt forget, its just that i dont use missiles on minmatar ships because of the lack of missile bonuses.
And im currently in training for the vaga in my hangar.  --- The Eve Wiki Project |

Sarmaul
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:07:00 -
[40]
he's a good idea, turn the vagabond into a dedicated close-range missile ship \o/
Minmatar Cruiser Skill: 5% ship velocity and 5% launcher rof per level Heavy Assault Ships Skill: 5% explosive missile damage and 5% overpowered
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:07:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
No, i didnt forget, its just that i dont use missiles on minmatar ships because of the lack of missile bonuses.
Minmatar force recon FTW!
Originally by: Jim McGregor And im currently in training for the vaga in my hangar. 
You have one in your hangar that you can't use? I hear Sarmaul is poor and needs Vaga handouts...
Testy's Eve Blog - Updated 22/05/06! |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:11:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Sarmaul he's a good idea, turn the vagabond into a dedicated close-range missile ship \o/
Minmatar Cruiser Skill: 5% ship velocity and 5% launcher rof per level Heavy Assault Ships Skill: 5% explosive missile damage and 5% overpowered
I think the Cerberus already got that 5% overpowered bonus. Not that i care, i dont like flying bricks....
--- The Eve Wiki Project |

Sarmaul
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:12:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Sarmaul he's a good idea, turn the vagabond into a dedicated close-range missile ship \o/
Minmatar Cruiser Skill: 5% ship velocity and 5% launcher rof per level Heavy Assault Ships Skill: 5% explosive missile damage and 5% overpowered
I think the Cerberus already got that 5% overpowered bonus. Not that i care, i dont like flying bricks....
/emote dreams of actually being able to orbit at 3k/s while doing full damage
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 12:12:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Sarmaul he's a good idea, turn the vagabond into a dedicated close-range missile ship \o/
Minmatar Cruiser Skill: 5% ship velocity and 5% launcher rof per level Heavy Assault Ships Skill: 5% explosive missile damage and 5% overpowered
Sounds like a fair nerf to me. Do it so we can all cry at how sucky our Vagas would be please!
Testy's Eve Blog - Updated 22/05/06! |

Wilfan Ret'nub
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 13:18:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Sarmaul /emote dreams of actually being able to orbit at 3k/s while doing full damage
Well, they could always do something similar to Typhoon (3k/s -> 600m/s, though).
|

Elaron
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 13:29:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Testy Mctest Once you fly a Vagabond, you never want to get into another ship again. Ever.
I made the terrible mistake of having a go with a Vagabond on SiSi. All of a sudden, the cost / wait time for them doesn't seem so bad.
Elaron
It is never too late to correct the mistakes of the past. |

Krulla
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 13:51:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Spartan239
Originally by: Sarmaul just gotta get rid of those target painting bonuses and then almost every ship will be useful 
pfft teir 3 min needs a tp bonus and teir 3 gal needs a damp bonus
Originally by: KilRock Pod yourself until you have no skills
Tarkin > Omfg, frigs are such bs. Red 5 > lolol, lern 2 play plz noob
SIG HIJACK!!11 RAWRR!!1- IMMY
|

Shinnen
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 14:17:00 -
[48]
minmatar is in my opinion the best pvp race.
Gallente is gimped. Shinnen ------------------
   People that think they know it all, just annoy those of us that do. |

Valea Silpha
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 14:47:00 -
[49]
Minmatar do have some awesome ships, but some painfully poor ships. And no-one does useless quite like the minmatar. Bellicose anyone ? No i thought not.
I do love all the mini ships in me hanger tho. It's my current hobby to try and make a good jag set-up just becuase i have a secret longing to be a thukker.
THe minmatar are ... shall we say .. an aquired taste. The wasabi of eve, most accurately becuase you have to enjoy the burning senstation until you get to grips with it.
<Hammerhead> TomB is doing the nerfing <Hammerhead> I just stand behind him, look at his monitor and shake my head |

Leshrac Shepherd
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 15:30:00 -
[50]
Originally by: SmokeMeAKipper
Originally by: Testy Mctest It's often been said that flying Minmatar is playing the game in hard mode.
I started my Amarr character with 5 perception, my gunnery and spaceship command skills take bleedin ages. On top of that i switched straight to minnie ships (wolf is king)
does this mean i am playing in ultra-hard mode
If you think that's hard... I did the same, with the little difference that I started with 4 Perception instead of 5  ---------------------- (\_/) (O.o) (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. |

InsanlyEvlPerson
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 15:36:00 -
[51]
minmatar ships can be hard to use but are the most fun ever because u accually fly them and not sit around and spam missiles. I know, i started training minmatar, low sp made me go for caldari, now i'm back to minmatar. been flying a wolf for the last week or so, and i must say its the most fun ship ever. i cant even stand to pull my gank-alot caracal out cuz i can now see that its a brick.
MINMATAR 4TW!!!!!! 
|

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 16:48:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Dahak2150 No, it's just that the ships are horribly, horribly ugly.
Nobody wants to drive a car that looks like it's just been put together by a kids set of dirty K'nex, nobody likes to fly a ship that looks like that either.

Speak for yourself... I love most if not all minmatar ship designs.
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Shafty
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:26:00 -
[53]
PVE with min ships is easy, especially Angels, try firing lasers at em and see how long that takes 
|

Tehyarec
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:30:00 -
[54]
Well, aside from a Probe for loot collecting, I bought a Rifter a few days ago, and damn it's a fun ship. It blew up though, silly me, gotta make a new one, since it rocks Really quite a bit more fun to fly than Gallente frigs. Not to mention that even with my godawful skills I almost completed level 3 Retribution with it 
Now, if only I had a Wolf/Jaguar so I could properly do level 3 missions with a FUN ship. Well, Ishkur/Enyo will be nice too, but at this rate I'm not sure which one I'll be training first 
I can see myself flying Minmatar quite a bit in the future, given that in addition to Wolf /Jaguar I want a Cyclone (maybe Sleipnir in the looong run) and a Machariel too 
|

madaluap
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:37:00 -
[55]
uuuuh im gallente specced but i fly minmatar, well if fly stabber OMFG THAT SHIPS PWNS11!!1one!111 _________________________________________________
OW YEH BABEH, I GOT THE GLITTERS I GOT EM |

Raider Zero
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:41:00 -
[56]
The thing that everybody has elluded to, but nobody has said is this, "Minmatar are harder because they are not specialized into any one or two areas."
As a new-ish (call me a noob and I'll find a way to pod you ) Minnie, I can say that it's somewhat frustrating to know that Amarr can train armor tank and lasers and pretty much kick butt immediately. Caldari-shields and missiles and whoop ass.
Me, I have chosen to fly several different Minnie ships and each requires different skills, hence I've got zero proficiencies in any important area and am a 'Jack-of-all-Trades which we know means mediocre at most if not all.
That being said, Eve's strength is the variety and versatility in the game. If all I wanted was to spam missiles and uber tank until I had a pile of isk, I could do that, but then I'd get bored and quit eve. Instead, I'll take the challenge and the gimp of not being specialized and still making it all work somehow. I'll shield tank my Cyclone and armor tank my 'Phoon. I'll use a Tempy for arty's and make a missile boat of something else. That's what you get for signing on as a Minmatar-additional challenge and opportunity to experience the 'whole' game.
|

Cohkka
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:43:00 -
[57]
I played as a high skilled Minmatar for over 2 years (well, if you call min BS and 8 mil sp in Gunnery as high ).
Now I'm going for Gallente. As far as I can tell they're 100% better at NPCing than Minmatar. As for PvP I don't know jet, just know that I'm gonna miss my Claw and Tempest big time...
|

SengH
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:50:00 -
[58]
lol as a leadership specced minnie pilot... its a very very very very long road ahead... im @ 21mil SP and im looking at another 1.5 years of training before I get fully t2 specced. Let alone in a flagship. Oh yeah and I have 280k sp in industry so im no carebear :P. When npcing in a tempest you have to worry about the frigs getting to close, transversals etc... where in a raven its just warp in @ 20km and start firing.
|

Isonkon Serikain
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 17:52:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Testy Mctest It's often been said that flying Minmatar is playing the game in hard mode. It's really not far from the truth. Our weapons have comparable damage as an elastic band gun, artillery tracking is about as useful as stephen hawking with a ak47 and they're harder to fit than a cube into a circular hole, our ships have about as much capacitor power as a Morris Minor. We have a higher proportion of useless ships than any other race, and out slots aren't specialised to do any specific thing.
Somehow, in all this rough, there are diamonds. The Rifter, the Rupture, the Vagabond, the Cyclone, the Tempest, and more all play their roles very well. Why? Mostly because of pilot ingenuity. We don't have the best of anything, really (except the Vagabond, arguably the best solo ship in the game), but we make do, and make do quite well.
There's nothing wrong with having rolled Minmatar. You just have to work at it :P
QFT Ison's notches |

Ghoest
|
Posted - 2006.05.22 21:15:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Raider Zero The thing that everybody has elluded to, but nobody has said is this, "Minmatar are harder because they are not specialized into any one or two areas."
Thats really NOT the issue. At least when it comes to PVE.
Even with good well rounded skills the end game Minmatar ships are weak compared to other races for PVE. I think the big exception would be the Sleipnair(spellling) but thats the most skill intensive Minm ship of all.
Some of the armor tankers stack up fairly well against rats found in Amar space too. But even then they have no real advanted to Amar ships.
Wherever you went - here you are.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |