| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

BlitzP
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:05:00 -
[1]
This happened to me.
I noticed my wallet went up considerably, I checked my wallet and noticed someone transferred 30 million ISK to me without reason given (reason was just because when I moved my mouse over).
First I thought it was my lottery winning but to make sure, I politely sent an email asking if this was a mistake or not. I got a response back it was. I've been busy in real life so I did not return the money immediately. When I finally had time to do it yesterday, I did. Unfortunately, while in haste, I typed 3 million rather than 30 million. I got an eve mail back from that person saying I sent 3 million and call it done?
Here's the email exchange from the beginning
2006.06.08 12:33
you get 30 million - send me back 3 million and say done? -------------------- 2006.06.08 00:22 done
-------------------- 2006.06.05 15:52
Some kind of a mistake was made - thank you for your honesty.
<his sig removed to protect his ID>
-------------------- 2006.06.05 00:04 I am just wondering, I noticed 30 million ISK transferred to me, is this oneo f the lottery winning or it's a mistake? If it's a mistake, please let me know as soon as possible so I can return it back to you.
thank you
--------------------------------------------------
I intent to give it back to him but I did not like his last letter. I made an honest mistake and I did not like his letter. If I wanted to keep that 30 million isk, why would I bother to contact him in the first place?
Anyways, 30 million isk is a lot, since I am new to eve so his transfer initially was quite noticeable as I have a small wallet. I admit I should've checked the amount before I completed the money transfer but I did not like the fact my honest mistake was interpreted as something else.
I intent to give him his money back because if I accidentally transfer 30 million, I would love to have my money back. The question for me now is how long should I make him wait to transfer the rest of 27 million?
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:10:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Jenny Spitfire on 08/06/2006 13:10:51
I would give it back, now? ---------------- RecruitMe@NOINT!
Originally by: Jenny Spitfire Dying has never been sexier.
|

Kluya
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:12:00 -
[3]
Agreed - I don't think his reaction was overly harsh at all. I think that many people would have been much angrier.
I would send the rest back right away. This is a good opportunity to make a good friend - he will remember your name positively for a long time if you give the money back
|

Crumplecorn
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:14:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Crumplecorn on 08/06/2006 13:17:22 I would also give it back, as long as they weren't *******s. In this case the reaction was a little harsh, but if it was me (30 million is a lot to me), if I saw 3 million appear I'd be pretty panicked.
But if you want to have fun, set up a series of clues leading to a specific location, and buy goods with all the money you want to give back (goods which will yield the same money back when sold, skill books or something). Wait until you know they are online, then jettison the goods at the location the clues lead to, give them the first clue, and tell them to hurry!  ---------- Sorry but that link contains nawty language. -wystler "Discussing moderation is not allowed" - Ivan K "Ranting is prohibited" - Teblin
|

Silane Daktor
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:18:00 -
[5]
Give him back another 24 million and keep 3 million/ 10% as an 'honesty tax'
|

Flyyn
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:19:00 -
[6]
In this game, people set scams, cheats, and other tactics to get isk off of you. By sending 30 million isk as a mistake most would write it off as a stupid thing to do.
You BlitzP are a breath of fresh air. Not many will contact the sender and ask if a mistake was made.
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it. |

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:33:00 -
[7]
I'd keep it.
Call it financial piracy.
Or stupidity tax.
Testy's Eve Blog, Updated 01/06/06
|

BlitzP
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:37:00 -
[8]
I haven't played any game for a couple years due to a busy real life. I got into eve because people told me it's a game where you can train off line, in real time, perfect for someone who's busy in real life and was forced to gave up gaming (school, work, family....)
Eve is just a game to me...sad to hear a lot of scamming going on...but I remember there were a lot of scammers back in UO (which I quit back in 1998...I bequested my several keep, one castle, many other houses on 2 shards to friends, including tons of reagents, pre-1998 nerf items, etc.)
I will give him back the rest of 27 million since I'm not role playing thief or anythign like that right now. When I am not role playing, I try to avoid doign things I dont' want others do to me. Although there are times I want to kill people already (looting my mission loot can, then claiming he needs the money, although his character is older than mine, etc.)
|

Gabby05
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:41:00 -
[9]
I wouldnt of eve mailed him at all, if he really wanted it that badly he would of mailed you.
Stop being a dumass if you want to give him the money give it to him if not dont. humour or politness isnt that easy to recognise unless your ending it with a please/thank you or LOL or over TS.
|

Elfman
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:49:00 -
[10]
Personally I would have sent the money back with a cheeky eve-mail but thats just me and my morals.
yeah I know its a game but to me my R/L morals still influence my in game morals.
G
|

Kurren
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 13:59:00 -
[11]
Tbh, he's lucky he got any money back at all. I would say flip a coin. Heads, you win... tails, he wins. If he wants to get angry even though you ACTUALLY concidered (and made true on) sending his money back then, iah, screw him. You can give the money back if you want. He's mad at you for being... what? Kind? Generous? Un-greedy? He made the mistake, not you. Keep it if you really want to. Give it back if you so desire. Either way, don't feel bad about your decision.
Now, orginally, I would've sent all but a mil back and said that was for my kindness and the learn from his mistakes. Now, I (me) wouldn't give the money back. --- --- --- ---
 SobaKai.com
|

Novarei
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:01:00 -
[12]
Personally he hasnt really been too arsey with the comment, and mostly its difficult to sense intonation in written form. At the end of the day he made the mistake, he cannot blame you for that. If he is being arsey about it just keep the money, but I dont think what he has done so far is too arsey though, i would still give him it back.
+-----------------------------------------------+
Join the ninth column today. |

Steppa
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:05:00 -
[13]
In a word...no.
|

Sable Moran
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:11:00 -
[14]
I'd give it back except for a 10% stupidity tax. ----- Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene 5, Moon 4, Duvolle Laboratories Factory. Ammo at affordable prices. |

Andrue
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:12:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Andrue on 08/06/2006 14:12:49 nm :) -- (Battle hardened miner)
[Brackley, UK]
WARNING:This post may contain large doses of reality. |

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:13:00 -
[16]
If it was someone i had had prior dealings with and wanted to stay friendly too, yes. If not, no.
|

Tas Devil
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:17:00 -
[17]
Does anyone understand the OP's post ? Is it just me or is it written in as confusing a way as possible ? My eyes hurt ! 
The best Laugh ever ... Credit goes to Killer8 for this ! Oh and apparently the mods tell me there is bad language on his site so beware kids :) |

Lanu
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:32:00 -
[18]
Totally depends on who the other person is and how he reacts.
I'm not obsessing. I'm just curious. |

Jobie Thickburger
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:33:00 -
[19]
Hmmm Thats a toughy, Would I give it back
The Frengi in me tells me that its his mistake, and his loss,
But the Good Guy in me tells me that you need to give it back.
Really its up to you in the end, Would I give it back, Well if it wasn't a pirate anyway
New Mining Director- MGTTG
|

Dalaq
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:51:00 -
[20]
I'd give it back. End.
|

Novarei
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:55:00 -
[21]
I guess if you're skint you could invest the 27m in some region trading and make another 27m from it, give him the 27m back when you have abused his money as much as possible. Really he cant argue.
|

Nira Li
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:59:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Nira Li on 08/06/2006 14:59:35 Depends who sent me the isk, if it's someone I know I'd send it back. If it's someone unknown I'd keep it
You Will Cry My Name Funny Guys
|

Mikal Drey
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 14:59:00 -
[23]
hey hey
send it back
recently i had an experience where someone done a transaction with me **cough** ***other skin* *Cough** and although i was gonna be 30mil richer I was honest and mailled him/her and was only asked for 20 back
Honesty is everything. Except if your a pie wat then Yaaar keep it.
also remember that u never know who you may be dealing with and one day it might be your error.
|

Tobizuru
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:04:00 -
[24]
Didn't velo claim a free 1.8 billion ISK Rattlesnake on Escrow for free and end up giving it back?  --------------------
If I only had a Face... :'( |

Fuk Mi
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:04:00 -
[25]
the really fun thing to do (if he has a low sec), would be to add it to his bounty.... if he really wants it he can get it. 
|

Minsc
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:04:00 -
[26]
Just remember your actions have consequences in this game, you can give it back and make a friend, or keep it and make an enemy. Choice is yours.
|

Kilo Paskaa
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:06:00 -
[27]
Well yeah, if i ransom someone and he gets accidentally popped by eager gangmates i would give iskies back. --------
Quote: MFG I LOST MY NAVY MEGA TO ANGEL EXTRAVAGANZA BHUHHHOOO I QUIT *GUNSHOT*
|

Mikal Drey
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:08:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Mikal Drey on 08/06/2006 15:08:56
Originally by: Tas Devil Does anyone understand the OP's post ? Is it just me or is it written in as confusing a way as possible ? My eyes hurt ! 
actually that linky is all wrong... "the best laugh ever"
the orig price was 81k and players scammed for days
the build price is around 1.5 mil
they were gonna increase it to 15mil to stop it also 15mil would look to be a more sensible price for the bpo but i think CCP messed up and now everyone just has the bpo :) and builds their own. Those who invested in massive supplies of the cheap BPO's pre patch had their just deserts (hehehehe)
this isnt thread highjacking but certainly an illustration why HONESTY FTW :)
*yup veto but not sure if the owner actually came forward
|

Ann Holt
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:44:00 -
[29]
I'd keep it, once you've given it back, you'll never hear from him again so don't be persuaded by the "you'll make a mate" arguement. He didn't email you for it back, so he'd proberly written it off.
Reminds me of a corpmate who managed to get hold of 3 HACs cos the seller made a mistake and left of a zero, he gave them back cos the seller offered to sell them cheap, so instead of making 500% profit on each one the seller made 200%.
People are only in this game for themselves, there corp and maybe alliance - if he aint in 1 of these - then to bad.
|

Mastoras
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 15:44:00 -
[30]
Well alot of times in real life if someone does return stolen or misplaced money to owner, they also get rewarded for their honest work. So if i were you i would give money back, but not all. Id keep a few million in my pocket just for the sake of being nice enough to consider giving him back most of his money.
In the end, he gets most of it back, rather then nothing, and you get a little profit for doing something good, both sides win. But thats just me.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |