| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sirmorte
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 04:58:00 -
[1]
I always knew that I disliked pvp but never knew how much till now. I was in .4 security zone,which I thought was fairly safe and got killed by gang of 10 players in about 5 seconds in a .4 zone by a jumpgate. I don't mind dying but the losing of all implants due to podding was overkill and too much. I never had a chance. I realized that even though I was insured and had a good clone, this will happen again and again, and I have no control over it. In fact, some Pvpers are realizing that all they need to do is declare war and its open season against anyone with a corporation,whether they want to particpate in pvp or not.
Accordingly, I have resigned from game. PvP games never last a long time, and this will be no exception unless CCP finds ways to avoid these problems. What will happen,which I have seen in countless Pvp games is that people will realize what this pirate group realized: you need to travel and kill in packs. This will happen and will result in the killing of many players who will eventually quit due to the high cost of replacement items. This will leave only othe Pvpers to kill each other. Eventually, the game dies.
Anyway, good bye all and good luck. I guess Everquest isn't that bad after all.I wonder what Everquest II will be like?
|

Muaddid
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:03:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Muaddid on 09/10/2003 05:04:47 heh, implants(well basic ones anyway) should be easier to get IMO, more like how they were prior to the changes...
But can i have your stuff ? :)
On vacations (need a new sig too) |

Lola
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:05:00 -
[3]
Your first mistake was thinking 0.4 was safe. ----------------------------------------- Sig rented by Drethen Nerevitas. |

Sc0rpion
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:08:00 -
[4]
Quote: PvP games never last a long time
I take it you have never heard of Ultima Online? That's been going for what? 6 years now?
"The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously."
-Freidrich Nietzche |

Xelios
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:24:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Xelios on 09/10/2003 05:25:20 I dropped in on their little camp and concord wasn't even touching them. This is the problem here, not that they can do it (because they should be able to do it) but that concord isn't doing a damn thing about it. If concord sends waves of ships at them while they're doing it, and they can still pull it off, then hey more power to them.
And also, next time a quick check of the map would before you venture anywhere would save you from having to go through this.
|

Cao Cao
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:38:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Cao Cao on 09/10/2003 05:38:24 Sirmorte,
Let me get right to the point.
Can I have your stuff?? please please please please??? stuff stuff stuff stuff!!?!?!?!?
EDIT: I hope all the people who think the way you do, quit. And soon. Then we can get down to making this game awesome.
|

Lottsa Pox
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:39:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Lottsa Pox on 09/10/2003 05:40:37 Sob, I beleive that sirmorte is crying about the fact that he couldnt run the blockade a sith time in an hour. Forgot to mention that little tidbit.
Once shame on me, Twice shame on you, Third- Sixth guess you were just asking for it. Btw thanks for the loot.
Btw people do have a chance to avoid or get thru blockades. Maybe looking at the big freaking green circle on ships killed in last 24 hours would help you out.
Resourses are available, Use them or whine. Your choice.
Lottsa Pox Pox to ya pod BioMass Cartel Enjoy the game, I know I am
Lottsa Pox Pox to ya pod
BioMass Cartel Podding a system near you |

Sc0rpion
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:48:00 -
[8]
Quote: Resourses are available, Use them or whine. Your choice.
I think it's quite clear what his choice is...
"The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously."
-Freidrich Nietzche |

GraveDigger
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:49:00 -
[9]
my new sig. Thanks Lola
|

Drethen Nerevitas
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:52:00 -
[10]
Quote: Your first mistake was thinking 0.4 was safe.
Your second mistake was thinking this was a Sims game.
 _______________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT: Devs (and players) please take notice. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. |

Sirmorte
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 05:55:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Sirmorte on 09/10/2003 06:03:47 Your right, I can whine or do someting about it. I choose to do something about it with my pocketbook and resign. Its that simple.
To the person who wants thousands of people to think as I do, I really hope you get your wish, which you will because the game will fold if that happens.
To those who want my stuff, already given away. LOL
|

Gunn Diesel
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:02:00 -
[12]
good bye:) waves*
" Dont hate the playa... Hate the game. "
|

Sirmorte
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:02:00 -
[13]
Oh yes, for the person who mention ultima online, it is true that they have pvp for over 6 years,which I have participated in. HOWEVER, they have two separate facits: one with PvP and one without. The vast number of players are in the one without the PvP. UO probably wouldn't have survived if they didn't do this. There wouldn't have been enough interest.
|

Kennian
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:10:00 -
[14]
simple fact is 80-90% of people in mmo's dont like PVP....
] |

Sc0rpion
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:11:00 -
[15]
Quote: Oh yes, for the person who mention ultima online, it is true that they have pvp for over 6 years,which I have participated in. HOWEVER, they have two separate facits: one with PvP and one without. The vast number of players are in the one without the PvP. UO probably wouldn't have survived if they didn't do this. There wouldn't have been enough interest.
UO was doing fine until they started to get mainstream attention, then they started attracting whiners like you. That's when they instituted the Trammel server, which is widely regarded as the WORST MISTAKE IN UO HISTORY.
"The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously."
-Freidrich Nietzche |

Tiberius Hoodey
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:15:00 -
[16]
UO was awesome until they came out with trammel...than all the carebears came and the game went to ****....
goodbye carebear! |

Turtle
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:24:00 -
[17]
Well if you can't handle light PvP and I do mean light then you right, this game is not for you.
No place is safe in this game. You have to stay awake at all times unless you are sitting in a station. If you are paying attention you won't die unless it is due to lag.
If this game did not have a PvP element in it it would be boring as hell. Its the PvP element that keeps the game from just being a sim. Nothing more exciting than carrying 30mill mega and having to run blockades, dodge pirates, etc. Things like this keep the game fresh and alive. Take that away and you might as well play simcity.
|

CLONE 9
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:30:00 -
[18]
I just can't see the appeal of the game without knowing that a good spanking is potentially round every corner.
|

Drethen Nerevitas
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:42:00 -
[19]
0.4 is teh safest. 0.4 is teh r0x0r. 0.4 has no active police presence and the forums have been frickin' full of discussion about people jamming/tanking the sentries.
Either read the forums instead of just whining here, or learn about the game.
I didn't go into 0.4 sec space for 2 weeks after I started. Why? Because 2 *hours* in I understood (I think ) the sec ratings. When I did, it was in an expendable ship and I was at maximum alert every damn second because of whineposts splattered neatly across the forums .
You know...I found out that as long as you're semi-awake...99.9999% of the time you will not have a problem in empire space. And that 0.0001% is very easy to escape if you're awake.
Quit trolling and whining. You had more than the opportunity to escape; it's entirely your fault it happened. Don't want it to happen again and do actually intend to play? Learn the sec ratings, police response times (yes, even if this means making an alt and popping at someone with it so you can see how fast the 'lice own your arse) and such things. _______________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT: Devs (and players) please take notice. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. |

Primer Xenius
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:43:00 -
[20]
Would I be ****ed? Yes. Would I quit and admit defeat? No.
Seriously, I thought I was going to read about someone quiting because of some bug that griefed them into it.
But you died fair and square, and thus we don't care.
"we all know CA planned to attack Xetic "when the time was right" from day1" - Lallante
|

Cymoril
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 06:48:00 -
[21]
Quote:
I always knew that I disliked pvp but never knew how much till now. I was in .4 security zone,which I thought was fairly safe and got killed by gang of 10 players in about 5 seconds in a .4 zone by a jumpgate. I don't mind dying but the losing of all implants due to podding was overkill and too much. I never had a chance. I realized that even though I was insured and had a good clone, this will happen again and again, and I have no control over it. In fact, some Pvpers are realizing that all they need to do is declare war and its open season against anyone with a corporation,whether they want to particpate in pvp or not.
The crux of the problem is "I never had a chance". Most people who don't like PKing will at least tolerate it if they feel like they at least have a chance to react and decide to fighht or flee. Ships being destroyed in 5 seconds is not acceptable. Neither is players attacking others while they are loading and have no control of their ship.
PvP is one thing, PvLag is another. If CCP does not address this, this game is sure to die. |

Drethen Nerevitas
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:02:00 -
[22]
You've got 10 seconds coming out of warp.
You can: Set autopilot to jump automatically if you know you will come out near enough to the gate to jump instantly.
CHECK LOCAL (And there are plenty of ways around the local bug, if you're that gutted you should have relogged if your local was bugged at the least).
Two very effective methods.
And afaik the invulnerability timer is 10 seconds . _______________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT: Devs (and players) please take notice. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. |

Johnsus
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:07:00 -
[23]
Quote: I guess Everquest isn't that bad after all.I wonder what Everquest II will be like?
Bet you play on a blue server too, eh? Run with the big dogs, gonna get bit. I will be blown up and podded so many times in EVE it would make you cry, but I love the game, PvP or not. The potential for growth is worth sticking around for... your loss, not ours. Just hate quitters.
Johnsus - CEO
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."
|

Sirmorte
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:07:00 -
[24]
Just to answer some critics:
1. I was a programmer at UO. If the two facits weren't started, it would have closed.
2. I did have the game on autopilot, which surprised me that it didnt' work
3. As to knowing about the .4 security problem, I was only playing for 3 weeks. 4. Admittedly, my loss is irrelevant. If 100 people quit because of this, CCP will get be alerted. If 2000 people quit, the game folds. plain and simple. I don't blame the pirates/pcs to take advantage of this. I don't blame me for thinking that autopilot avoids this problem. I blame the game for poor design. There is no excuse for being unable to do anything and for letting anyone camp a jumpgate CCP clearly afer some time limit should have police coming to the gate. This is just bad programming.
As to the person who said that no where is safe, you are right. thus,time to say bye.
|

Sally
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:10:00 -
[25]
Stop thinking dude and start reading, e.g. the pop-up you got when entering a 0.4 solar system the first time. -- Stories: #1 --
|

Marias irreal
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:12:00 -
[26]
I have a lot of sympathy for your view. It shoulkdnt be possible to destroy any ship in just 10 seconds. Thats not combat, thats just obliteration. I'm sick of people calling anyone who suggests the combat system is bugged and rubbish a carebear. Maybe if concord was properly programmed and behaved rationally this wouldnt happen.
|

Sc0rpion
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:17:00 -
[27]
Quote: 1. I was a programmer at UO.
Of course you were. You can naturally provide PROOF of this I assume?
Sorry, but any credibility you may have had before (which wasn't very much) automatically goes right out the window when you start with the bald faced lies.
"The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously."
-Freidrich Nietzche |

Soul Reaver
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:30:00 -
[28]
Hiya Sirmorte
I really feel for you honest I do. After much research I have found a place where you can be happy whiling away the hours.
Please go HERE
For such joy and wanton carefree abandon as you have never imagined. Dont forget however that I Soul reaver imparted this infomation to you and arrange to leave me your stuff in EVE.
Be you a Pirate or a Simple Alt creeper! Sooner or later you'll dance with Soul Reaver and His Amazing Underpants
Currently chasing Lianhaun |

Drethen Nerevitas
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:34:00 -
[29]
Sirmorte, you have probably noticed by now that when you warp to a gate from different points you warp in at different distances from it. The same for stations.
You should also notice that different stations/gates have different contact spheres; one station may require you to be within 8 km for you to dock for example, another may require you to be within 13km.
Now then. 0.4 is on the low end of the security scale (1.0, 0.9, 0.8, 0.7, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1. 0.0 doesn't have security period. So you should consider everything under halfway (0.5) dangerous. If you are in a system you know, and know you come in close enough to the gate to arrive with your current speed within 10 seconds and jump, you use ap. If not, that's what LOCAL is for. Everyone shows up in local (Well...did...but that's a different matter, and fixable). If there's anyone in local you should be cautious. If there's over 2 you should be worrying. I'm sorry, but it really is a learn-the-ropes and common sense issue. It's not that hard to find out if you just ask people. _______________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT: Devs (and players) please take notice. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. |

EvilEric
|
Posted - 2003.10.09 07:44:00 -
[30]
Edited by: EvilEric on 09/10/2003 07:52:15 Drethen sorry to be a pedant but when I was podded too last night (I know.... my fault and I accept that!) it was in a Jump in point and I was destroed and podded before I could react... The "timer" did not help me as.
I do not mind getting podded as I KNOW I should have checked the map. But TANK was sat in a Jump in point not at a Jump Gate. (Unless the Jump-in is at a Gate.. I didn't have time to tell) so no need to mess about with sentries etc.
and to Sirmote..... bye.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |