| Pages: 1 2 3 4 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 17 post(s) |
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.08.11 15:53:00 -
[1]
It's here! The time to call your boss for a vacation, book the Fanfest package, pack your bags, and then sit and wait for about 3 months. Well, you should at least get some vacation time and book the Fanfest package, might be a bit too early to pack, but that's what I felt like doing. 
If you're done reading my nonsense, head over to the news page and read all about it.
Please note that the Fanfest packages doesn't include the Fanfest pass, which must be bought here.
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads Knowledge Base - Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions |
|
|

kieron

|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:00:00 -
[2]
First! 
Looking forward to a big event and a load of fun with the community this year.
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online |
|
|

wystler
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:01:00 -
[3]
Oooh heck I haven't bought the fanfest pass yet *runs to the store* 
While I'm at it, I'll send kieron a warning for first spam too  
|
|

Kael D'mende
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:01:00 -
[4]
Cheater :P
Looks good, lets hope the piggybank has the isk for it :O)
Regards. /Kael |

Neku
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:08:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Neku on 11/08/2006 16:12:02 Fantastic!
Only that I get an error when I try to order from London. Does anyone else get this?
PS. To be exact I get with Nordica Option ( no rooms left ) :( With the other one I get ( You cannot order this package online )
|

SPIONKOP
Caldari Soul Collectors
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:10:00 -
[6]
Originally by: wystler Oooh heck I haven't bought the fanfest pass yet *runs to the store* 
While I'm at it, I'll send kieron a warning for first spam too  
Do ISD not get the pass free, or do you just get free beer?
|
|

wystler
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:10:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Neku Fantastic!
Only that I get an error when I try to order from London. Does anyone else get this?
Nope, mine booked without a problem 
|
|

Neku
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:14:00 -
[8]
Originally by: wystler
Originally by: Neku Fantastic!
Only that I get an error when I try to order from London. Does anyone else get this?
Nope, mine booked without a problem 
wystler, did you order the Nordica or Loftleidir?. Nordica seems to be full now, Loftleidir gives me an error "not possible to book online".
|
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:17:00 -
[9]
If there are any problems with booking, you should contact Icelandair customer service. 
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads Knowledge Base - Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions |
|

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:49:00 -
[10]
Hmm ... The flight back to Frankfurt starts at 07:35 local time. That would mean we had to get up at around 04:30 on a sunday morning, gulp down some coffee, and leave the hotel at around 05:00
549Euro EarlyBird offer + 65USD FanFest ticket. That's some money for 2.25 nights.
*starts calculating ...* --*=*=*--
Even with nougat, you can have a perfect moment. |

Ertai Vodalion
Gallente N.A.G.A Corporation The Big Blue
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 16:54:00 -
[11]
Quote: The flight back to Frankfurt starts at 07:35 local time.
same crap as last year - I wasn¦t even able to spell coffee when I left for the airport
|

Wizzkidy
Stupid People Always Need Killing E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 17:06:00 -
[12]
Yea, it seems to state that both hotels are not currently accepting bookings. Either there both full up or there is a problem.
W.
|

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 17:19:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Ertai Vodalion
Quote: The flight back to Frankfurt starts at 07:35 local time.
same crap as last year - I wasn¦t even able to spell coffee when I left for the airport
I have been at the FanFest04 and spent the saturday afternoon and night in bed with a nasty cold. Then the wakeup call came half an hour late so it was 'Jump into clothes. Grab bag. Run for bus.' for me. If Lufio didn't poke me in the bus I'd certainly taken the bus back to the Nordica and missed the plane.
Please fix the broken forum! --*=*=*--
Even with nougat, you can have a perfect moment. |

xeom
Obsidian Sins
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 17:25:00 -
[14]
How cold is it in Iceland around that time?Its my biggest concern to be honest as i've never even seen snow.
Scared im just gana spend all my time trying not to freeze to death 
CCP where are our t2 shield power relays? | Join[..SIN] |

Neku
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 17:26:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Wizzkidy Yea, it seems to state that both hotels are not currently accepting bookings. Either there both full up or there is a problem.
W.
Yes, I thought I would have "at least" a week of time to book a package.. seems not. :(
Let's hope it's some sort of error. I'll give'em a call on Monday morning.
*Keeping fingers crossed*
|

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 17:32:00 -
[16]
Originally by: xeom How cold is it in Iceland around that time?Its my biggest concern to be honest as i've never even seen snow.
Scared im just gana spend all my time trying not to freeze to death 
-5¦C to +5¦C - The gulfstream runs past Iceland. You probably will see snow on the heights north of Reykjavik, meybe even in the streets. But when you book your room at the Nordica, you don't have to leave the hotel unless you have to go back to the airport.
Warm and water resistant clothes are a must in Iceland all year long - The weather can change quickly. Multiple layers of clothes are a pretty good solution. --*=*=*--
Even with nougat, you can have a perfect moment. |
|

Redundancy

|
Posted - 2006.08.11 18:03:00 -
[17]
I'd say a good windproof jacket is the best thing 
|
|

Wizzkidy
Stupid People Always Need Killing E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 18:24:00 -
[18]
Quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: 713 - This hotel is no longer available to book. Please try a different hotel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when trying to book from UK - London to Iceland in Nordica or Loftleidir
|

Deidranna
SteelVipers YouWhat
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 19:16:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Deidranna on 11/08/2006 19:23:57
Originally by: Tachy Hmm ... The flight back to Frankfurt starts at 07:35 local time. That would mean we had to get up at around 04:30 on a sunday morning, gulp down some coffee, and leave the hotel at around 05:00
549Euro EarlyBird offer + 65USD FanFest ticket. That's some money for 2.25 nights.
*starts calculating ...*
i'm going for a 4 night stay in a cheaper hotel, close to the nordica :) would be Ç517 for this hotel and flight (Bleiben Sie 4 NSchte, und erhalten Sie die letzte Nacht gratis! - expedia.de)
if i finaly can descide to go :) deidranna
GM Eldini > Hi, behaving are we?
|

Verone
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 19:22:00 -
[20]

VETO RECRUITMENT |

Virida
Mindstar Technology United Confederation of Corporations
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 19:25:00 -
[21]
Ok, ive booked, and hopes to meet allies, former and new oponents, devlopers or whoever wants to party there. 
|

Suze'Rain
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 20:19:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Suze''Rain on 11/08/2006 20:20:03 Fantastic. now does anyone know if, and how much boats going from Scotland to Iceland are, because I can't be *censored* with the hysteria about flights just now, and I know it'll just get worse...
must... not... rant... at the increasingly stupid world.... 
|

Chode Rizoum
Minmatar Finite Horizon
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 21:00:00 -
[23]
is it to cold to sleep in a tent 
|

Reiisha
Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 21:11:00 -
[24]
Just a question, if you book for Nordica, you don't have to leave the hotel for the fanfest?
|

Hakera
Minmatar Eve Defence Force Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 21:23:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Reiisha Just a question, if you book for Nordica, you don't have to leave the hotel for the fanfest?
if it is hosted there, i would assume not.
|

Trooper B99
Caldari Body Count Inc. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 21:31:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Hakera
if it is hosted there, i would assume not.
rawr.
Oh btw, the packages have actually been up on the respective local icelandair sites since at least the 2nd August. 
Wirykomi Team Racer - COLOSSUS Championships Year 106
|

Tiberius Caesar
Sothebys
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 22:20:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Nordica Pricing Standard room double price from ISK 5.250
Rooms are on me guys!

|

Leitari
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.08.11 23:11:00 -
[28]
knowing nordica can we expect drinks prices to be ridiculously expensive? Like 600 isk for a small beer.....   
|

Dulmer
|
Posted - 2006.08.12 00:12:00 -
[29]
oh well beer prices high :/ I guess we won`t have to buy mods n gm's guys beers then :)
So any good places to go on the Thursday night ??
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.12 04:38:00 -
[30]
I booked all my neccesary tickets and rooms for a week ago. Could not wait anymore :)
I booked for 4 nights. wednesday the 8th to sunday 12th. I hope to see some of you already on Wednesday. Would be nice to have someone to drink and chat with!
My airplane leaves Oslo at 14:05 norwegian time at the 8th, and I will be flying out of Keflavik on the 12th at 17:00 Iceland time. And my seat number is 19F both ways, so you all know that.
|

Mr Happ
Gallente Hellbound Saints
|
Posted - 2006.08.12 08:04:00 -
[31]
Originally by: kieron First! 
Looking forward to a big event and a load of fun with the community this year.
Don't do that, we get slammed and warned for typing *first* as it's spam and u get away with it, yeh totally fair there :)
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.08.12 18:23:00 -
[32]
Q: Is the nordica full?
A: Nope, if you get that, it's an error in booking, probably because we have most of the rooms reserved for Fanfest guests.
Q: Do you have to leave the hotel if you are at Nordica?
A: Nope, it's all there.
Q: Is alcohol going to be insanely expensive?
A: It's Iceland, alchohol is expensive. However, we have a special fanfest bar at the Nordica!
Q: How is the weather in November?
A: Chilly, but quite unlikely to have snow. A fleece or windjacket will do the trick. Incidentally, we sell EVE fleeces 
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.08.12 21:08:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Chode Rizoum is it to cold to sleep in a tent 
The kind of equipment you'd need to sleep out in that weather would probably cost about the same as the FF package, and then you'd have to have transport from your campsite to the hotel and back anyway. 
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads Knowledge Base - Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions |
|

Trooper B99
Caldari Body Count Inc. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.08.12 23:26:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Oveur Q: Is alcohol going to be insanely expensive?
A: It's Iceland, alchohol is expensive.
doh. 
Quote: However, we have a special fanfest bar at the Nordica!
woohoo 
Wirykomi Team Racer - COLOSSUS Championships Year 106
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 03:06:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Oveur Q: Is the nordica full?
A: Nope, if you get that, it's an error in booking, probably because we have most of the rooms reserved for Fanfest guests.
Q: Do you have to leave the hotel if you are at Nordica?
A: Nope, it's all there.
Q: Is alcohol going to be insanely expensive?
A: It's Iceland, alchohol is expensive. However, we have a special fanfest bar at the Nordica!
Q: How is the weather in November?
A: Chilly, but quite unlikely to have snow. A fleece or windjacket will do the trick. Incidentally, we sell EVE fleeces 
I really really like thats there gonna be a special fanfest bar at Nordica. For some reason it feels right 
Anyway. When do you think the program for the fanfest will be ready? Now that the packages are ready, and I have my room and air tickets resereved, you start to look for your next catch. 
|

Kuolematon
Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 08:26:00 -
[36]
Go ahead, ignore us finnish people once again .. ffs 
Unnerf Amarr! "Just because you can utterly ruin another player's game doesn't mean that you must."
|

Edania
Caldari Ordo Adeptus Astartes
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 09:44:00 -
[37]
am i missing something? because i can only find american airports to fly from
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.08.13 11:33:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Kuolematon Go ahead, ignore us finnish people once again .. ffs 
No, it's just that Icelandair doesn't have regular flights to Helsinki. It's only Mon/Wed/Fri during summer.
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|

Max Teranous
Shinra Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 12:03:00 -
[39]
The package from Manchester seems to be borked. It runs from the 6th to the 10th, and you can't seem to extend it to the following Monday the 13th. Sending Iceland Air a query about it.
Max 
|

FraNtik
BIG R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 12:21:00 -
[40]
Due to budget and timing I'll be using Icelandexpress and stay in a hotel at town centre. Thurday's flight arrives at 22:50 at Keyflavik so I can't make it to fanfest registration on thurdsday afternoon.
So my question is: Can I register on friday? ---------------------------------- RISE's Bloodhound "You can warp, but you can't hide"Ö |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 12:26:00 -
[41]
They used to have their booth onsite, so probably yes. --*=*=*--
Even with nougat, you can have a perfect moment. |

Kuolematon
Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.08.13 16:30:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Kuolematon Go ahead, ignore us finnish people once again .. ffs 
No, it's just that Icelandair doesn't have regular flights to Helsinki. It's only Mon/Wed/Fri during summer.
Yeah because we are sucky country. Aaaanyway, last year Icelandair DID offer package for finnish people.
Unnerf Amarr! "Just because you can utterly ruin another player's game doesn't mean that you must."
|

Ethidium Bromide
ZEALOT WARRIORS AGAINST TERRORISTS Curatores Veritatis Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 10:16:00 -
[43]
Edited by: Ethidium Bromide on 14/08/2006 10:18:28 well including the flights to frankfurt and back, the cost for the ammounts of beer i usually drink and my plan to buy all the stuff in the fan shop.....
...this will perfectly strike my bank account wrecking
still trying to be there
OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOH will the be EVE CCG packs available at the fanfest? can work round the damn VAT that way hopefully _________________________________ just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean i'm not following!
|

Leitari
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 11:09:00 -
[44]
w00t ethi.... bring gotchy as well, we need to drink ourselves silly again.
|
|

Eris Discordia

|
Posted - 2006.08.14 13:25:00 -
[45]
Dont listen to the natives, they are so used to the cold they still believe they have a thing called summer in Iceland, thats when it¦s unlikely to snow and there is a chance of sunlight when you are outside ( it doesn¦t say anything about the temperature).
It will be cold, if you want to go outside bring a good warm coat, the kind that makes you feel you look ridiculous and all blown up like a whale will probably be about warm enough.
Also inside people are likely to turn up the heat a lot so wear layers underneath said coat incase it gets too hot again.
Bring cold medicine too 
Fanfest is all worth the trouble though 
need to update my signature,imagine a pink dread in here with flowers It¦s either a CCP employee, a foreigner or a combination of both.
|
|

Nicholas Barker
Caldari Rampage Eternal
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 14:11:00 -
[46]
is their a limit to how many noobs can attend? I'm not going to be buying my ticket or book hotel/travel for a month or two. -------------------------------------
Xelios and his uber skillz |

Boonaki
Caldari Suffoco Noctis Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 14:35:00 -
[47]
I will be there! Who else is going?
One question...
Will there be internet at the hotel? If it's like most of the normal wireless internet found at hotels across the world, I have a concern.
The Eve client (as I'm told, haven't checked it out for myself) sends the login information in the clear. If someone logs into Eve over an un-encrypted wireless network, their login info could be stolen. Including any devs who login over said network. It could cause allot of problems.
Fear the Ibis of doom! |

Lok Ta'car
Gallente Digital Foundry
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 14:43:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Eris Discordia Dont listen to the natives, they are so used to the cold they still believe they have a thing called summer in Iceland, thats when it¦s unlikely to snow and there is a chance of sunlight when you are outside ( it doesn¦t say anything about the temperature).
It will be cold, if you want to go outside bring a good warm coat, the kind that makes you feel you look ridiculous and all blown up like a whale will probably be about warm enough.
Also inside people are likely to turn up the heat a lot so wear layers underneath said coat incase it gets too hot again.
Bring cold medicine too 
Fanfest is all worth the trouble though 
Don't forget flashlights... the sun might decide to go AWOL.
|

Torquemanda Corteaz
Gallente Infinite Improbability Inc Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.08.14 20:36:00 -
[49]
weird 9-12th with icelandair is 189gbp with british airways for the same days, and near enough same times, its 99gbp
have to give this a think over for the next week,
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.08.15 09:48:00 -
[50]
Originally by: FraNtik Due to budget and timing I'll be using Icelandexpress and stay in a hotel at town centre. Thurday's flight arrives at 22:50 at Keyflavik so I can't make it to fanfest registration on thurdsday afternoon.
So my question is: Can I register on friday?
But of course you can!
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.08.15 09:49:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Ethidium Bromide Edited by: Ethidium Bromide on 14/08/2006 10:18:28 well including the flights to frankfurt and back, the cost for the ammounts of beer i usually drink and my plan to buy all the stuff in the fan shop.....
...this will perfectly strike my bank account wrecking
still trying to be there
OOOOH OOOOOH OOOOOH will the be EVE CCG packs available at the fanfest? can work round the damn VAT that way hopefully
But of course the CCG will be there, I wouldn't rule out a small tournament either!
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.08.15 09:51:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Nicholas Barker is their a limit to how many noobs can attend? I'm not going to be buying my ticket or book hotel/travel for a month or two.
Yes there is a physical limit on the venue, but we do not expect to hit it that easily, so you should be quite safe booking within 2 months.
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.08.15 09:55:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Boonaki I will be there! Who else is going?
One question...
Will there be internet at the hotel? If it's like most of the normal wireless internet found at hotels across the world, I have a concern.
The Eve client (as I'm told, haven't checked it out for myself) sends the login information in the clear. If someone logs into Eve over an un-encrypted wireless network, their login info could be stolen. Including any devs who login over said network. It could cause allot of problems.
There is internet at the hotel, the login info is actually hashed and after October the 22nd in Dragon it's heavily encrypted.
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|

Seleene
Body Count Inc. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 10:38:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Boonaki I will be there! Who else is going?
One question...
Will there be internet at the hotel? If it's like most of the normal wireless internet found at hotels across the world, I have a concern.
The Eve client (as I'm told, haven't checked it out for myself) sends the login information in the clear. If someone logs into Eve over an un-encrypted wireless network, their login info could be stolen. Including any devs who login over said network. It could cause allot of problems.
There is internet at the hotel, the login info is actually hashed and after October the 22nd in Dragon it's heavily encrypted.
Did you just announce that the Dragon code would be released on October 22nd??  -
Latest MC Movie - Nation Building |

Boonaki
Caldari Suffoco Noctis Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 10:39:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Boonaki I will be there! Who else is going?
One question...
Will there be internet at the hotel? If it's like most of the normal wireless internet found at hotels across the world, I have a concern.
The Eve client (as I'm told, haven't checked it out for myself) sends the login information in the clear. If someone logs into Eve over an un-encrypted wireless network, their login info could be stolen. Including any devs who login over said network. It could cause allot of problems.
There is internet at the hotel, the login info is actually hashed and after October the 22nd in Dragon it's heavily encrypted.
I'm digging dragon
So Oveur, do you plan on going 1vs1 pvp on shots? I think I could keep up with you.
Fear the Ibis of doom! |

Boonaki
Caldari Suffoco Noctis Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 10:40:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Seleene
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Boonaki I will be there! Who else is going?
One question...
Will there be internet at the hotel? If it's like most of the normal wireless internet found at hotels across the world, I have a concern.
The Eve client (as I'm told, haven't checked it out for myself) sends the login information in the clear. If someone logs into Eve over an un-encrypted wireless network, their login info could be stolen. Including any devs who login over said network. It could cause allot of problems.
There is internet at the hotel, the login info is actually hashed and after October the 22nd in Dragon it's heavily encrypted.
Did you just announce that the Dragon code would be released on October 22nd?? 
I think he just did!!!
Fear the Ibis of doom! |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 10:54:00 -
[57]
Dragon Code comes earlier than Kali 1, so the big content patch will be the week of the FanFest again?  --*=*=*--
Even with nougat, you can have a perfect moment. |

Daraleya
Caldari 42nd Armored
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 12:44:00 -
[58]
Originally by: xeom How cold is it in Iceland around that time?Its my biggest concern to be honest as i've never even seen snow.
Scared im just gana spend all my time trying not to freeze to death 
lol, in sept, there probably wont even be a snow here in iceland :¦. but take warm clothes anyway as it can be a little chilly
|

Daraleya
Caldari 42nd Armored
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 13:02:00 -
[59]
As im a local, do i need to order this pass to the fanfest, or can i just get one somewhere around :)
|

Riela Tanal
Caldari Darkdust Industries Empire
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 16:50:00 -
[60]
Assuming you don't live in any of those cities from the US to fly to Iceland you will have to purchase another ticket just to fly there? I wouldn't know due to the fact I hardly fly these days. Riela Tanal "Never underestimate the element of surprise"
|

TornSoul
BIG R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.08.15 22:53:00 -
[61]
Any clues yet as to when the CCP 'events' will take place.
I'd kinda like to do a bit of sightseeing (other than the hotel bar ) while there, but it's kinda hard to plan ahead, unless I know when the EVE things are going to happen (ie. at what time during the day(s).
Some approximate times would be good enough (for now I think.)
BIG Lottery
[u |

Chadawahee
Amarr Debiloff's Vanguard Combined Planetary Union
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 00:28:00 -
[62]
just booked, will be staying at the nordica. hope to see some of my icelandic friends there !
|

hendo001
Caldari Quantum Tech Mining
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 06:52:00 -
[63]
I hope to go........
If only i can afford it maybe some ppl out there will help me out (i have a thread called Help!!! i wanna go to the fan fest too)
it has a Linkto my website with more info -------------------------------------------------- Quantum Tech Mining Recruiting Miners and Haulers Convo hendo001 in game or join channel Q-T-I for a chat
|

Kuolematon
Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 07:10:00 -
[64]
Oveur check if we can get packages from Finland too. Theres *ALOT* of people here too playing this Forum-On.. err EVE-Online game you produce .
Pretty please? I promise I won't troll on you at FanFest *THIS* time .. 
Unnerf Amarr! "Just because you can utterly ruin another player's game doesn't mean that you must."
|

Ashraaf
Infinite Improbability Inc
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 08:01:00 -
[65]
Hi All Thanks for information I see atm that for France Flight and hotel package is still "to be discussed"
Is it better to wait for the package? soon ;) No package from France? (Paris) ?
If we could have any information :) thx
|

Talmssar
Caldari Raptus Regaliter
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 09:54:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Kuolematon Go ahead, ignore us finnish people once again .. ffs 
No, it's just that Icelandair doesn't have regular flights to Helsinki. It's only Mon/Wed/Fri during summer.
Wrong partially!
But if you seek it over internet you see that you can get cheap tickets to iceland but you have to waste half a day waiting in Oslo. I booked ticket from Turku to Stockholm via viking line (boat) and from stockholm there is direct flight to Reykjavik. I dont have site here where I (GF... I come there with GF!!! silly me) booked frights and I will be staying over there with corpmates place so I spare some cash in that. Ofc I pay him for little of troubles but still much cheaper than hotel. Note that I will be staying there whole week so I take site seeing in same trip. Oh and one point it is cheaper to take way I did it over 100Ç.
Prepare to meet Finnish fool - Trip to Iceland -
BTW -5C between +5C degrees is weather when we still wear T-shirts in Finland.
I just prefer that all have good time here. |

FraNtik
BIG R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 10:06:00 -
[67]
Oveur, may I suggest a history lecture? It's been 3.5 years, plenty of material to work with. Using your databases (pilots in space/ships destroyed) I bet you can show us the evolution of 0.0 and empire space, fall of alliances and main events. Would be good to remember for old-timers and interesting for newcomers.
Just my 2 aurar. ---------------------------------- RISE's Bloodhound "You can warp, but you can't hide"Ö |
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.08.16 17:57:00 -
[68]
I'm mainly wondering just what kind of strange word Oveur will come up with this year. 
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads Knowledge Base - Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions |
|

Tyrrax Thorrk
Amarr Umbra Congregatio Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 18:08:00 -
[69]
Hrm why is it only two days this time if it's bigger better and awesomer ? 
|
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.08.16 18:10:00 -
[70]
Think quality, not quantity. 
It's always been two days, thursday is registration and beer, friday and saturday are events and beer. 
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads Knowledge Base - Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions |
|

Nicholas Barker
Caldari Rampage Eternal
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 22:00:00 -
[71]
all that beer has sapped away at there creativity. Imagen we all have a pool of creativity, and alchohol allows us to get more of it at a time, eventually, it's gunna run out alot faster.
However, i am willing to donate my brain, for the good of the people, to be transplanted to the devs, i call for fellow players to donate their brains for the good of the masses. -------------------------------------
Xelios and his uber skillz |

Kuolematon
Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 09:12:00 -
[72]
Edited by: Kuolematon on 17/08/2006 09:12:23
Originally by: Talmssar Prepare to meet Finnish fool - Trip to Iceland -
BTW -5C between +5C degrees is weather when we still wear T-shirts in Finland.
Haha! Last year there was only TWO finnish people. I hope that I get myself there this year - so much to troll on there even thou I don't even play game. 
Do they have busses going from Viking terminal to that airport near Stockholm? 
Unnerf Amarr! "Just because you can utterly ruin another player's game doesn't mean that you must."
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 09:13:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Wrangler Think quality, not quantity. 
It's always been two days, thursday is registration and beer, friday and saturday are events and beer. 
Wrangler, I certainly hope that the registration is before the bar opens. I am highly unsure if I can write my name - or even spell it correctly - later that day 
Seriously! I am so looking forward meeting you all that weekend in Iceland!
|
|

Wrangler

|
Posted - 2006.08.17 12:23:00 -
[74]
Originally by: Kuolematon Do they have busses going from Viking terminal to that airport near Stockholm? 
I'm far from an expert on Stockholm, but i think there are buses from there or near there to the centralstation where you can get a bus or train for Arlanda (the airport). Better get someone from Stockholm to answer that though.
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads Knowledge Base - Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions |
|

Larsson7
Minmatar Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.08.18 10:32:00 -
[75]
Wrangler,
Can you clarify something, please?
The official Icelandair packages run from Thursday and depart on Saturday.
Is the fest held on Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday?
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.18 12:46:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Niccolado Starwalker on 18/08/2006 12:46:34
Originally by: Larsson7 Wrangler,
Can you clarify something, please?
The official Icelandair packages run from Thursday and depart on Saturday.
Is the fest held on Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday?
Clicky
Hope it helps
|

Verone
|
Posted - 2006.08.18 15:16:00 -
[77]
I'm not going, because for the second year in a row I can't get the time off work.
**** ******** ***** ******* *** ***** ****** ***** **** and they're a bunch of **** ****** **** ****** ***** ****  
BACKSTORY AND FAN FICTION
|

Tyrrax Thorrk
Amarr Umbra Congregatio Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.08.18 22:07:00 -
[78]
don't be a wuss Verone, quit !

Oh and wranglypoo, i coulda sworn there was fanfest on sunday last time ? oh well, i must be getting old and senile.
|

WaelCyrge
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 13:35:00 -
[79]
If you are traveling with Viking line to Stockholm the nearest underground station will be "Slussen" ( 5 min walk) and from there you can take either the red line or green line to T-Centralen (two stops away). From the T-Centralen you can take the Arlanda Express straight to terminal 5 where Icelandair usually departures. The subway ticket costs 20 sek but the Arlanda Express costs 200 sek, unless you are a student with ISIC card or 25 or younger, then the price is 100 sek. The train leaves every 15 min and it takes 20 min to the airport.
|

Wysia
Minmatar Neuronal Loneliness
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 11:59:00 -
[80]
Originally by: Ashraaf Hi All Thanks for information I see atm that for France Flight and hotel package is still "to be discussed"
Is it better to wait for the package? soon ;) No package from France? (Paris) ?
If we could have any information :) thx
Same interrogation from an other Frenchie. Any news for a french package ? :(
|

Ashraaf
Infinite Improbability Inc
|
Posted - 2006.08.21 08:29:00 -
[81]
I've got the information wysia (you can now find them on JoL too)
http://www.icelandair.fr/accueil/forfaits/tout-voir/detail/store65/item27746/
and the information to join Icelandair paris TTl: +33 (0) 1 4451 6051 E-mail: [email protected]
|

Wysia
Minmatar Neuronal Loneliness
|
Posted - 2006.08.21 08:35:00 -
[82]
Thx a lot Ashraaf
|

Ashraaf
Infinite Improbability Inc
|
Posted - 2006.08.21 09:02:00 -
[83]
A little more information for french (and those who want to depart from paris) Departure will be the 10 of November and arrival will be late in Iceland so you miss the afternoon There's another departure the 8 of November I said that it's the best option you can visit the country (it's beautiful) Return will be the 13 of november Let me know here Fil traitant du voyage pour le fan fest en francais (Mods feel free to cut the link if not autorized) Post about the fanfest trip depart in paris
For everyone, a little trip in iceland not very expensive is to visit Gulfoss and the Geyser it take only a day, and it worth it
|

NoNamium
|
Posted - 2006.08.21 13:57:00 -
[84]
Hi!
I recently experienced a computer-crash and lost my fan-fest ticket (mail) Is there any way to have retransmitted?
- NoNamium
|

Maggot
Minmatar Freelance Unincorporated Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.08.21 17:25:00 -
[85]
After much bribery with my Tribal leader I am now booked.
|

Sgt Napalm
ISS Navy Task Force Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.21 20:59:00 -
[86]
A couple Canadians are intested in going, is there going to be tours of CCP at all? 
|

Buggs
Masuat'aa Matari Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 13:40:00 -
[87]
Booked
|

Sgt Napalm
ISS Navy Task Force Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 16:29:00 -
[88]
Anybody else flying from Minneapolis? 
|

Kanoubi
Amarr Celestial Horizon Corp. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 16:54:00 -
[89]
I was on FF'05 , i didn't buy the fanfest pack .
As portuguese, can i buy the Dutch pack FF'06 ? It¦s the cheapest for me including the connection flights .
|

FraNtik
BIG R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 20:45:00 -
[90]
Originally by: Kanoubi I was on FF'05 , i didn't buy the fanfest pack .
As portuguese, can i buy the Dutch pack FF'06 ? It¦s the cheapest for me including the connection flights .
As long as you have a credit card, you can book it anywhere  Either find a dutch guy to translate for you, or use UK site as reference to know what you are clicking.
I had the same problem flying from Spain. One option was to book a cheap flight to Stansted and then move to Heathrow by bus. But the schedule was too tight.
I went for Icelandexpress (they fly from Stansted airport) and booked a cheaper hotel.
See you there.
---------------------------------- RISE's Bloodhound "You can warp, but you can't hide"Ö |

Talmssar
Caldari Raptus Regaliter
|
Posted - 2006.08.24 09:30:00 -
[91]
Is there any information available about how many eve passes have been sold in previous years? Or ingeneral how many attedants have been there for fanfests? Would be nice to know so I could take enought bullets with in holy water. I have heard that it will kill trolls... so no more trolling
* Talmssar looks at kuolematon * Bang! -head shot- *
I just prefer that all have good time here. |

Kiranda Illstar
|
Posted - 2006.08.27 20:17:00 -
[92]
Well, myself and Brin Milo both have our passes and flights! This'll be my first fanfest, wish I could have gone to the last two but they were too expensive for me at the time, but this year it's finally happening! Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!
|

Kiranda Illstar
|
Posted - 2006.08.27 20:18:00 -
[93]
Edited by: Kiranda Illstar on 27/08/2006 20:18:21 EDIT: Oops, double posted somehow. Delete this please! 
|

Kuolematon
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United
|
Posted - 2006.08.28 10:43:00 -
[94]
Originally by: Talmssar * Talmssar looks at kuolematon * Bang! -head shot- *
O RLY?
Assuming that you can even aim that high, penetrate my thick troll skull and find that only brain cell inside .. well good luck 
And I'm still in limbo. To go there or to buy a new computer.. hmm 
Unnerf Amarr! "Just because you can utterly ruin another player's game doesn't mean that you must."
|

Sgt Napalm
ISS Navy Task Force Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.28 18:19:00 -
[95]
Booked 
|

VinLieger
Caldari The Beiatch Corp Inc
|
Posted - 2006.08.31 19:25:00 -
[96]
Okay not sure if this has been asked before but the answer to this question will affect whether i go or not cus its a very important question
How much is a pint in Iceland? -----------------------
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.31 21:26:00 -
[97]
Edited by: Niccolado Starwalker on 31/08/2006 21:26:25
Originally by: VinLieger Okay not sure if this has been asked before but the answer to this question will affect whether i go or not cus its a very important question
How much is a pint in Iceland?
A beer costs aprox 700 ISK for a 0,5l of beer at Vox Restaurant at the hotel Nordica. 700 ISK is 8-9 dollar i think?
Check out the Vox Restaurant Here.
I have already booked my tickets, and will arrive at 8th of november! :)
Niccolado
|

ObiDoom Kenobi
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 11:02:00 -
[98]
My wife just booked my information for my birthday! This is one North Dakotan that is ready for your Icelandic weather!
I see that my flight gets it crazy early on Thursday. What interesting things are there to do for the day before Fanfest?
--EVE Online, for people that love sci-fi, but don't want Lucas screwing it up... |

Skarsnik
Caldari A.W.M Knights Of the Southerncross
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 13:53:00 -
[99]
Originally by: ObiDoom Kenobi My wife just booked my information for my birthday! This is one North Dakotan that is ready for your Icelandic weather!
I see that my flight gets it crazy early on Thursday. What interesting things are there to do for the day before Fanfest?
The day before being the 9th I presume. Well you can register, then come to the bar and get some drinks in with me and the missus  ------------------------------------------------- AWMCorp is Recruiting
EVE-Ink - An Tattoo Project Based on EVE-Online |

Sgt Napalm
ISS Navy Task Force Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 17:14:00 -
[100]
Will be arriving on the 8th with two friends aswell. The crazy Canadians are coming, watch out :)
|

VinLieger
Caldari The Beiatch Corp Inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 19:37:00 -
[101]
Hmm thats even more expensive than ireland ahh well ill be headin out for the ninth cya all there -----------------------
|

ObiDoom Kenobi
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 20:43:00 -
[102]
Edited by: ObiDoom Kenobi on 01/09/2006 20:44:33 All this pub talk, its a shame I'm off the sauce :)
--EVE Online, for people that love sci-fi, but don't want Lucas screwing it up... |

ObiDoom Kenobi
|
Posted - 2006.09.01 20:44:00 -
[103]
Originally by: Skarsnik The day before being the 9th I presume. Well you can register, then come to the bar and get some drinks in with me and the missus 
I was thinking more along the lines of a cool Iceland local attraction, like a museum or natural occuring "thing" that can only be seen in Iceland. I'm all for pubs, but we have them here too. What we don't have is some naturally occuring "thing" that only exists in Iceland.
--EVE Online, for people that love sci-fi, but don't want Lucas screwing it up... |

VinLieger
Caldari The Beiatch Corp Inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 10:18:00 -
[104]
Originally by: ObiDoom Kenobi
Originally by: Skarsnik The day before being the 9th I presume. Well you can register, then come to the bar and get some drinks in with me and the missus 
I was thinking more along the lines of a cool Iceland local attraction, like a museum or natural occuring "thing" that can only be seen in Iceland. I'm all for pubs, but we have them here too. What we don't have is some naturally occuring "thing" that only exists in Iceland.
What do you think eve is?
-----------------------
|

Ominus Decre
Amarr Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.09.02 21:26:00 -
[105]
Would love to hang out and drink lots and lots and lots of beer with everyone although last call to the airlines presented me a cost for airfare of about 1500.00 USD.
How about an "CCP-EVE World Tour" in the near future? CCP would recieve a warm welcome here in the states. Boobies:  |

Sgt Blade
Imperial Space Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 03:43:00 -
[106]
guys jsut outa curiosity, assuming i can gather up enough money for the trip and assuming that im able to take a little break on thursday/friday of school, what would you say to a 16 year old coming along to the fan fest??? yes i know i have no chance of gettin served beer and what not but would i be aloud in to the fan fest on my own or with a mate of similar age....
and also any views from you guys seeing a 16 year old there 
|

ObiDoom Kenobi
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 11:05:00 -
[107]
Originally by: Sgt Blade Edited by: Sgt Blade on 03/09/2006 03:46:17 guys jsut outa curiosity, assuming i can gather up enough money for the trip and assuming that im able to take a little break on thursday/friday of school, what would you say to a 16 year old coming along to the fan fest??? yes i know i have no chance of gettin served beer and what not but would i be aloud in to the fan fest on my own or with a mate of similar age....
and also any views from you guys seeing a 16 year old there 
i just dont wanna turn up and be picked on by you ebil adults and be made to give away my cookies to the devs 
No promises abuot keeping your cookies, but I've been to plenty of similiar conventions that have no problems with the young ones. Assuming there's no rule against it, and I don't see one, I say come on down.
--EVE Online, for people that love sci-fi, but don't want Lucas screwing it up... |

Sgt Blade
Imperial Space Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 13:18:00 -
[108]
Edited by: Sgt Blade on 03/09/2006 13:18:38 ya, now to save up my pocket money and bug my parents to let me go 
|

Hakera
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:34:00 -
[109]
fanfest has always been 18+ in the past, i doubt that would change this year.
|

Sgt Blade
Imperial Space Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 11:42:00 -
[110]
NOOOO unfair ill have to wait till the 5th one then 
well hope lots of you guys bring back pics and vids
|

Nicholas Barker
Caldari Rampage Eternal
|
Posted - 2006.09.05 17:09:00 -
[111]
can you guys check out this thread for me please? -------------------------------------
Xelios and his uber skillz |

Hast
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 10:53:00 -
[112]
can anyone who lives in iceland tell me if the SAS Radisson hotel is far from the venue the fanfest is at?
|

Buggs
Masuat'aa Matari Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 11:53:00 -
[113]
Originally by: Hast can anyone who lives in iceland tell me if the SAS Radisson hotel is far from the venue the fanfest is at?
Looks like there is 2 Radisson Hotels, and both seem to be on the other side of town.
Map
Click on the interactive map to right. Look around on the map, it gives you distances also.
|

Victor Adler
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
|
Posted - 2006.09.06 20:42:00 -
[114]
This map of Reykjavik might come in handy for those needing to locate other hotels and plan trajectories to the hotel bar etc. And for those who want to try and impress the locals, you could consult the Icelandic phrase page. |

DOGNOSH
Minmatar SKULLDOGS
|
Posted - 2006.09.07 13:03:00 -
[115]
BOOKED for 2  and this post requires dancing bananas
========================================== stop moaning,give CCP a break
mmmm pink Eris will approve - Xorus |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 :: [one page] |