| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 02:07:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Kristin Bergljot
Originally by: Joshua Foiritain EMFI Manager is Nat's alt which isnt related to Cally i think.
I was asking EMFI Aud./Naph. regarding this post, where she says that she knows who Kal D'vogh's main character is. Therefore, it's kinda weird that she would posit a hypothetical regarding Kal D'vogh's identity. Why not say straight up who it is?
Because EMFI has integrity, and generally when someone tells someone something and says not to tell it to anyone without asking, EMFI won't?
I have been trusted with all sorts of information in my time in EVE. For example, I know the main of an alt thief who robbed a certain party in a relatively public display of quite a few billion ISK. As far as I know, nobody else does. I would not give his identity away for anything, simply because I'm honest.
By the way, Kal is probably not Cally. He's simply too stuck-up and arrogant to be Cally. 
--[23] Member--
Originally by: DB Preacher The only time BoB's backs are to the wall is when Backdoor Bandit is in local.
|

Mung Lore
United Eve Mining Association
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 03:24:00 -
[62]
speaking of Kal D'vogh anyone seem hem around ..
umm ...
|

Ariu Devine
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 04:05:00 -
[63]
What I continue to find interesting is that every time someone says something in response to Kal's 'Mung broke the contract by removing...' and sets him straight as to the votes and such, AS PER the contract, he stops talking.
|

Ricdic
Caldari Corporate Research And Production Pty Ltd
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 08:37:00 -
[64]
Edited by: Ricdic on 16/08/2006 08:39:16 If we want to play the petition game, this is how we do it:
1) Cally should be banned as he has been account sharing with Kal
2) Kal should be banned as he has been using Cally's account
3) Mung Lore should be banned as he advised people to scam everyone
4) Mung Lore's should recieve a second life sentence as he used the bugged voting system to exploit the unlocking of bpo's
5) EMFi should be banned as he obtained and used Cally's RL details to try and stalk him out of game.
6) I should be banned for running my POS service the way it has been designed and released, although some people swear black and blue it is a bug which CCP forgot to note for the past 8 months.
7) Currin Trading should be banned for harassment
8) Most of the alts in these threads should be banned for stating their opinions as facts.
This might give Mung and a few others reason not to petition quite as fast again. Everyone breaks the EULA in some way or other from time to time. Once i set up a new character Called Serpent1s Smuggler and patrolled afk miners in 1.0. I got in all kinds of trouble off the GM's for that one.
Insured Research and Production Services |

Joshua Foiritain
Gallente Coreli Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 08:54:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Ricdic 3) Mung Lore should be banned as he advised people to scam everyone
Since when is scamming, or telling people to scam against the rules? Hint: Its not.
Originally by: Ricdic 4) Mung Lore's should recieve a second life sentence as he used the bugged voting system to exploit the unlocking of bpo's
lol, an exploiter telling an exploiter that exploiting is wrong. This topic just keeps on getting better 
Originally by: Ricdic 6) I should be banned for running my POS service the way it has been designed and released, although some people swear black and blue it is a bug which CCP forgot to note for the past 8 months.
Awww dont shoot yourself down, leave that to us  -----
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe] |

Pete Wilson
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 09:22:00 -
[66]
Edited by: Pete Wilson on 16/08/2006 09:23:21
Originally by: Dark Shikari
By the way, Kal is probably not Cally. He's simply too stuck-up and arrogant to be Cally. 
Go back and read this thread and tell me Cally isn't too stuck-up and arrogant. Post 63 makes interesting reading.
I'll stick by my belief that Cally is Kal, wether anyone else believes it or not is no concern if mine. Time will reveal the truth, but in the mean time I suggest anyone who has any doubts should take a look through the archives and those older posts of Cally's/Kal's. They make interesting reading.
|

Taurequis
Waylander 01
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 09:25:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Ricdic Edited by: Ricdic on 16/08/2006 08:39:16 If we want to play the petition game, this is how we do it:
1) Cally should be banned as he has been account sharing with Kal
2) Kal should be banned as he has been using Cally's account
3) Mung Lore should be banned as he advised people to scam everyone
4) Mung Lore's should recieve a second life sentence as he used the bugged voting system to exploit the unlocking of bpo's
5) EMFi should be banned as he obtained and used Cally's RL details to try and stalk him out of game.
6) I should be banned for running my POS service the way it has been designed and released, although some people swear black and blue it is a bug which CCP forgot to note for the past 8 months.
7) Currin Trading should be banned for harassment
8) Most of the alts in these threads should be banned for stating their opinions as facts.
This might give Mung and a few others reason not to petition quite as fast again. Everyone breaks the EULA in some way or other from time to time. Once i set up a new character Called Serpent1s Smuggler and patrolled afk miners in 1.0. I got in all kinds of trouble off the GM's for that one.
Hi,
Anyone else find it funny that during the big scam's of late peeps called for the banstick to the used to no real effect (a couple of temporary bans).
But a month or so later were finding tons of new ways to get ourselves locked up!! Financial Corruption 4tw (in excitement terms at least).
Best Regards,
Taur
|

Ricdic
Caldari Corporate Research And Production Pty Ltd
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 10:26:00 -
[68]
Guys, just quickly, in relation to Number #3 I meant to say "Mung should be banned as he told people to spam" not scam.
And for the record in case anyone takes it seriously, it was all posted in jest to show how easy and how often the eula can be bended/twisted. If CCP take us down for the above breaches (the ones that actually are breaches, or that they determine are), then they should also look at taking down the other 30,000 or so eve players who are doing the exact same things.
So no, I don't think Mung should be petitioned for the things I said above. I don't think Cally should be petitioned for the things above. Personally, I don't think anyone should be petitioned for the above things. Everyone is trying to do the right thing in their own way.
Insured Research and Production Services |

Argenton Sayvers
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 13:39:00 -
[69]
Edited by: Argenton Sayvers on 16/08/2006 13:39:56 Maybe there is more to this story then it seems:
1. There are NO evidence for account sharing (unless the evildoers make obvious mistakes). There can be strong circumstancial evidence, but these need Secret service resources to gather. I as a person have at least 3 different computers and roughly 20 different IPs aviable at any given time. Then there are obviously proxies, public computers etc etc...
2. Is saying "i am sharing my account" a breach of the EULA? If i log on, and someone is nagging me about something, and i reply "i am just changing skills for a mate, dont know anything" - is that proof enough? What happens in the case that Cally = Kal?
I dont see a ban over account sharing justified in any way. This brings me to a different point: getting other people banned as ultimate form of griefing. If CCP bans without solid evidence, this can be exploited. Remember you dont really need to share your account with someone, you just need to make CCP think that they are... this obviously wont work with random strangers, thats what infiltration is for...
|

robacz
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 14:20:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Argenton Sayvers 1. There are NO evidence for account sharing (unless the evildoers make obvious mistakes). There can be strong circumstancial evidence, but these need Secret service resources to gather. I as a person have at least 3 different computers and roughly 20 different IPs aviable at any given time. Then there are obviously proxies, public computers etc etc...
They could have evidence based on geographic location of IPs accesing accounts (if they are distant enough).
___________ Buying/Selling: Implants, Cargo Expanders and more |

DeODokktor
Caldari Dark Templars The Fonz Presidium
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 18:26:00 -
[71]
Originally by: robacz
They could have evidence based on geographic location of IPs accesing accounts (if they are distant enough).
not that hard to set up a proxy that can deal with eve. ccp cant use hardware tagging (yet).
Ip's are nothing in the grand scheme of things. ---- WTB Aurora S bpo - Evemail me in game.. Scammed by "Not Superman" AKA "Nyphur" Then go visit the link |

Naphtalia
Millennium E.R.A
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 19:22:00 -
[72]
I often access my account on computers of eve-friends, also overseas eve-friends, often just before I get on the plane and just after I land.
I often travel overseas and play eve from my laptop.
|

Freada
Gallente Mackinaw Industries
|
Posted - 2006.08.16 23:20:00 -
[73]
It seems like this whole thing was working out great until people decided hey, this is to good to be true so it must not be and tried to tear it apart.
Has anyone given any thought to the idea that this whole thing might be the biggest, bestest, most entertaining Aurora event ever?
|

robacz
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 08:17:00 -
[74]
Originally by: Naphtalia I often access my account on computers of eve-friends, also overseas eve-friends, often just before I get on the plane and just after I land.
I often travel overseas and play eve from my laptop.
Yes, but what I meant - you can hardly access your accound from London and hour later from Glasgow for example. If two ppl with different georaphic locations access same account, its likely that sooner or later, they will login in short time after each other which can easily prove that two users are using same account. If you have more accounts billed from one person and used by multiple users, its even easier to detect. Obviously, if all users are from same area, you wont detect anything.
Custom proxy is always option, but I dont think thats case of average Eve player.
___________ Buying/Selling: Implants, Cargo Expanders and more |
|

Tirg
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2006.08.18 04:53:00 -
[75]
Locked for speculating on bans, flaming, and trolling.
|
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |