| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

BobFromMarketing
Amarr The Syndicate Inc Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:42:00 -
[1]
They still go and do their own little thing 90 % of the time. Fun fun
|

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:42:00 -
[2]
Aw.............
I had high hopes  -----------------------------------------------
|

BobFromMarketing
Amarr The Syndicate Inc Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:45:00 -
[3]
I release them to go kill things...and they go have a picnic around an angel war general. Then about 2 minutes of orbiting him without firing they decide to go kill the angel hunter sitting 50k away.
|

spookz
Freedom Confederation
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:49:00 -
[4]
Drones have always been a bit **** and I get the feeling they always will be.
It kinda becomes a problem when your 20m a pop fighters feel like doing their own thing.
"I want these motherf*****g sharks off the motherf*****g roller coaster!" |

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:49:00 -
[5]
I wonder if the Drone fix made it into the patch, or if it just didn't work?
I'm getting thoroughly annoyed with drone problems these days, to be honest. II mean they've always been around, but the patch brings them right into the lime light- they've had some glaring bugs since day one (with this new one cropping up as recently as Revelations 1) and yet they still don't get any loving.
I live in eternal hope that CCP are going to spring a "Surprise! Next patch is all about fixing drones!" announcement on us, but I may just be delirious from the stress of it all............ -----------------------------------------------
|

Gone'Postal
Minmatar LuthorCorp Combat Division
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 18:51:00 -
[6]
No offense but did you really expect CCP to fix this issue ?.. The ammout of times it's been fixed only to be..well not so fixed.
At least guns and missiles hit the target you tell them...
The man without a face... The company without a clue.
|

Cmdr Sy
Appetite 4 Destruction
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:10:00 -
[7]
It could be worse. If EVE was any more like the Culture universe, drones would be influencing alliance politics through covert action.
|

schurem
Silver Snake Enterprise Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:13:00 -
[8]
gah. my domi is hard work atm. wtb maelstrom. However, I still think EvE needs more and better tactical warning sounds.
<<<< No Boundaries, No Fences, Fly Free Or Die Trying >>>>
|

Aphotic Raven
Gallente Spectral Armada Eternal Empire
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:25:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Gone'Postal No offense but did you really expect CCP to fix this issue ?.. The ammout of times it's been fixed only to be..well not so fixed.
At least guns and missiles hit the target you tell them...
Yeah guns hit instantly and missles cant miss.. .wheres the love with drones? no fitting requirements? pff.
I was fully aware that the new patch wouldnt fix drones... the last 3 patches have promised it.. they are still getting worse...
ALSO? wtf happened to zooming.. i tried to zoom in on a hammerhead to see if the skin was different at all and I cant... i cant even zoom in enough for it to render the drone... ehat?
Quote: Melicien Tetro: I tried to fight a shark with a pistol underwater once, and I'll be ****ed if he didn't laugh at me and eat me. Sharks need a ******* nerf. True story
|

Acinonyx Jubatus
International Multi-Player Consortium Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:37:00 -
[10]
It's something to do with the new camera view, Example... Try looking at a drone with a domi, the camera is pulled away back, where as if you look with an ishkur or something frigate sized, it'll show it upclose.
I noticed this change when I was in my mammoth after being in a breacher, and trying to view frig sized ships.
Basically, the bigger your ship is, the further the camera is out from whatever you're looking at. It's either to fix that deimos thread that was somewhere around here, or it's to give a better perspective of scale.
That or it's the new map format that changed it.
|

Pooh Flinger
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:53:00 -
[11]
they were bad b4 but they are absolutely HORID now!!
At least they would shoot at things. Now, not only do they do their own thing, they don't even bother to FIGHT!!!
I'll take the old psychotic semi-suicidal death drones of prepatch over the now more docile tree-hugger peace loving garbage we have now.
REPROGRAM THEM BACK!!!
---------------------------------- This thread is perfect for pooh...
Let the FLINGING Begin!!! |

Rule2k
Fate.
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 19:55:00 -
[12]
i lost 2 berserkerII's yesterday because they ignored me :(
|

Grayson Karlyle
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:05:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Grayson Karlyle on 05/12/2006 20:07:04 Ok, this goes to far. Pre Kali i never had a problem with the drones. They worked for me After Kali/Revelations drones where semi borked. They worked 60%. At last they kept shooting things. Well not allways shooting those things i intended them to shoot but they shoot at all.
Now those little buggers somtimes ignore me, ignore my target but orbit it funny and do the stuff they did after Revelations.
Drones are not useable at the moments. Drones are my main weapon. So please fix them!
Thanks
|

Emperor D'Hoffryn
No Quarter.
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:16:00 -
[14]
not all drones are equally effected. i was using warrior 2s in my harbinger, and they were the dumb.
then i was using hammerhead 2s in my curse, and they work perfectly, like your soundcard in warcraft.
cant speak to the heavy drones, but swap out to different kinds and see if you can find some that work better. with our luck, EM drones will be best.
Originally by: Tuxford Yes we don't play on our main accounts simply because you would lose all respect for us 
|

Nigh7F0x
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:23:00 -
[15]
Looks like I will be sticking with T1 drones until the T2 are fixed. I was looking to upgrade to T2 here soon but might hold off dropping the ISK on them. I haven't had any issues with the T1 drones (Hammerhead, Ogres and Beserkers)
|

BobFromMarketing
Amarr The Syndicate Inc Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:32:00 -
[16]
Ya this has honestly made me train caldari for ratting.
|

NocturnalDeath
Umbra Congregatio Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:43:00 -
[17]
Since the patch today drones are still randomly choosing new targets to fly off to AND they fail to shoot ANY targets about 90% of the time.
Pre Revelations they were as good as they have ever been imo.
|

Thundercat Doom
Minmatar Melissa Jumpclones INC
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 20:54:00 -
[18]
Would be nice to have drones that would actually listen, and if not listen, at least shoot something instead of just orbiting and having a pow wow. Finding it really frustrating that the patch today was supposed to have addressed the issue, and evidentially it hasn't. Maybe that breakthrough they were talking about before server started up was a breakthrough in how to make things more frustrating. --------------------
--------------------
Flamers are Lamers. |

Mindblank
StarLight Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:09:00 -
[19]
I got pretty close to losing my ship today coz the drones wouldn't fire on what I told them... :(
-= Currently recruiting Swedish players =-
|

Oliver Singh
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:27:00 -
[20]
/signed
Today, my Hobgoblin Is broke off target and ran off to attack something else twice. My Hammerhead Is decided it's fun to attack a structure, when I definitely did not order them to, or even lock it. Thankfully it happened after the rats in the mission were cleaned up, but I really wasn't amused.
|

Allen Deckard
Gallente LFC Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:33:00 -
[21]
saddly they got worse much worse I cant keep them on a target at allnow
Lets just say they used to be alike a dog pretty much did what you said but not always
Now their a frickin cat.
|

MrTripps
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:37:00 -
[22]
Originally by: spookz Drones have always been a bit **** and I get the feeling they always will be.
They have been flaky in different ways, but were working well for me before Kali. Vespa IIs anyway.
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell |

Elvarien
Caldari The Night's Watch THE INTERSTELLAR FOUNDRY
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:38:00 -
[23]
HA I`l top you all .. my drones find my own ship to be the best target to deliver pain apon... yup that dominix is staying docked for a while : P >----
<3 the manticore |

NocturnalDeath
Umbra Congregatio Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:39:00 -
[24]
Declawed cats.
Until they get fixed I'm stuck afk in a station spinning and taunting Sasripper out the window. (He's anti-afk players) :P
|

Patch86
Di-Tron Heavy Industries Freelancer Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:43:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Elvarien HA I`l top you all .. my drones find my own ship to be the best target to deliver pain apon... yup that dominix is staying docked for a while : P
Lol, if you fraps this I'll give you 5 million isk  -----------------------------------------------
|

Bartholomeus Crane
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 21:59:00 -
[26]
CCP's track record on drones is very discouraging. All drones issues, and I include the issues with carriers here as well, have been recorded, spoken about, whined about for months if not years.
So far they get worse and worse at every update and patch.
This is ruining the EVE experience for a large number of players, and we're not only talking Gallente here!
Will CCP, once and for all, fix the drones? Pretty please, with sugar on top? -- Drone users unite! Support drone whinage |

Shemar
Gallente Photesthetics Glamour Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 22:06:00 -
[27]
I am about to leave work and go home to play EVE. This thread makes me think about overtime 
For the love of clones everywhere, how hard can it be to tell the drones to never override user commands? How about scrapping the entire drone programming and setting three very simple rules:
a. If drones are assigned a target by the player, attack that until it's dead, even if their attack is totally innefectual.
b. If there is no target assigned by the player, pick the closest target firing at the player and attack it until it's dead, even if their attack is totally innefectual.
c. If there is no target assigned and no targets firing at the player, return to orbit.
Honestly, how hard would it be to scrap the entire drone AI and put in these simple rules? ________________
Enhanced eye sight does not make up for the lack of vision |

SunTzuRaven
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 22:13:00 -
[28]
I had to go and physically pick up two ogres at 10k because they got stuck on each other, and refused to come closer then 10km when issued the return and orbit or to bay commands. Also, when attacking it appears that only three of five are firing, and the damage inflicted suggests this. ________________________________________ <("<) <('')> (>")>
|

Legende
Amarr Solidline Enterprise Kith of Venal
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 22:19:00 -
[29]
If anyone is curious to the *specific* behavior of drones atm, they are choosing their own targets and then refusing to attack anything but that target. So if they wander off your target to something else and you assign them back to the one you want them on, they simply will not fight. If you let them go, they will attack their target. So, sadly enough, it's better to just let drones go than to assign them targets.
I'm not sure how the programmer f'ed this up this bad, they took the previous bug [random targetting] and *added* a new bug where they won't fire on anything else while leaving the random targetting untouched. That's gotta be some kinda record or something. 
|

MingRan
|
Posted - 2006.12.05 22:26:00 -
[30]
/signed
Drones either doing nothing or just doing what they want :P That Myrmidon will stay docked for a while I guess. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |