| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Snatchz
LOOKERS
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 16:29:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Snatchz on 23/12/2006 16:30:39 Just a question to ASCN and BoB i guess. Is this the final blow to ASCN's home/core system? I've been watching the killboards and it truely seems like ASCN forces are simply undocking to their deaths. As of this time 1 pilot alone from STK has lost 3 scorps and a blackbird in a matter of an hour or 2.
Is this insurance suicide or the last stand? (At their defense though, the battleships are fitted out)
P.S. The reason i ask is that the kb numebrs are just gaudy...
"It aint easy being green" - Kermit the Frog |

Rexthor Hammerfists
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 16:31:00 -
[2]
all ascn pos`s in azn, 14 of them, are in reeinforced since yesterday, with litle to no resistance.
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning. - Purple Conquered The World, We the Universe.
|

Bretonia
Gallente Eve Defence Force Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 16:34:00 -
[3]
Hello, I undock to fight so i can try to get just one kill before I die then rinse and repeat. Nothing to do with insurance just its funny, I managed to get a dictor n few otehr ships last time before I died part from last night when I got in from Stag do n forgot to upgrade clone heh n lost a nice long skill :)
Heh win some u lose some but jolly good fun
Keep up the good fights :)
------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
|

Kerosene
Caldari Fun Inc Knights Of Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:30:00 -
[4]
xmas > shooting AZN pos's imo __
Originally by: Blacklight on BoB Just to be sure everyone is clear...
We use spies. We listen to your TS. We feed you false intel. We have no qualms about it whatsoever..
|

FlashmanUK
Minmatar STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:32:00 -
[5]
Wasn't for insurance. Wasn't for anything but fun, because this war has been boring so we decided to suicide a few bs to kill a few ships. End of the day its better to have a laugh than gouge your eyes out inside a station.
|

Tabaldak
eXceed Inc. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:38:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning.
Hmm, good question.
I would say most of us will be with our families considering that is Christmas morning. Most of us have, you know, better things to do on X-Mas day than to worry about pos.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have lives that consist of other things besides eve.
|

Cyllaina
Gallente The Scope
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:38:00 -
[7]
When i left ASCN yesterday, there were TLSW guys and some others blowing up their ships for insurance.... I can't see ASCN lasting too much longer, Security chat was in an uproar about majority of pilots being in empire... Oh well
|

Lexor SLice
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:43:00 -
[8]
Did Virt lift the forum ban on you guys?  ____________________________________________
Your signature graphic file size is too large -Zhuge
Sad Panda =( |

ragewind
Caldari VersaTech Interstellar Ltd. SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:48:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Tabaldak
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning.
Hmm, good question.
I would say most of us will be with our families considering that is Christmas morning. Most of us have, you know, better things to do on X-Mas day than to worry about pos.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have lives that consist of other things besides eve.
do you really but then why do 14 pos's come out on XMAS day then 14 pos's takes time to hit in to reinforced meaning you had time to adjust the stront so you picked they day, guess you all plan on being on then
|

Mariko San
Saints Surrounded
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:49:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Cyllaina When i left ASCN yesterday, there were TLSW guys and some others blowing up their ships for insurance.... I can't see ASCN lasting too much longer, Security chat was in an uproar about majority of pilots being in empire... Oh well
I took the trouble to look you up on the ASCN KB. 2 kills ever.
Why is it always the pilots with the fewest kills and least involvement that are the first to hand out the good advice on these forums?
|

Shinjuro
The Priory Shroud Of Darkness
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 17:53:00 -
[11]
From what I have heard, Christmas day will be the falling of AZN. Oh how fitting of a Merry X-Mas that will be.
|

Avon
Caldari Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:01:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Tabaldak
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning.
Hmm, good question.
I would say most of us will be with our families considering that is Christmas morning. Most of us have, you know, better things to do on X-Mas day than to worry about pos.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have lives that consist of other things besides eve.
Great plan.
Now if BoB destroy all your POS it will because they don't have a life outside of Eve, and not your alliances failings .. is that the idea?
And you call us weak.
Funneh.
The Battleships is not and should not be a solo pwnmobile - Oveur
|

Nev Clavain
Wise Guys Rogue Method Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:04:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Avon
Originally by: Tabaldak
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning.
Hmm, good question.
I would say most of us will be with our families considering that is Christmas morning. Most of us have, you know, better things to do on X-Mas day than to worry about pos.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have lives that consist of other things besides eve.
Great plan.
Now if BoB destroy all your POS it will because they don't have a life outside of Eve, and not your alliances failings .. is that the idea?
And you call us weak.
Funneh.
Could be a combination of both? Just speculating.
Merry christmas.
|

DB Preacher
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:05:00 -
[14]
I asked for AZN for xmas: A letter for Santa
Santa might just deliver ;)
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Caldari Alliance PVP Championship Winner Current RKK Ranking: (PSCAL6) Proficient Short Tanto
|

Metal Dude
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:15:00 -
[15]
If there ever was a good time to bring out those 100 ASCN carriers, this would be it. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. That would really make for a Merry Christmas. 
The truth will set you free
|

Fi T'Zeh
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:35:00 -
[16]
I wish to here-by state that I have nothing better to do on Christmas morning than watching POS towers explode.
In fact, seems like a good Christmas to me. Once they are all dead and done, I'll be visiting my family for a pleasant afternoon's meal and drinking.
I wish you all a very merry Christmas. ....
Real men use blasters |

SasRipper
DIE WITH HONOUR
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:40:00 -
[17]
fools they should have set them to come out reinforced at lunch time! 
|- Insert witty sig here -| Save Radar Scanner Man!
|

Stamm
Amarr Three Holdings Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:44:00 -
[18]
Originally by: DB Preacher I asked for AZN for xmas: A letter for Santa
Santa might just deliver ;)
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Something amusing came into my head. Gone are the days of the kids jumping on the bed at 6.30am, instead...
Lots of daddies waking the kids up at 5.30am to see if Santa has been... so they can be on the op at 9am.
|

Gazmus
Caldari Euphoria Released Euphoria Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 18:50:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Stamm
Originally by: DB Preacher I asked for AZN for xmas: A letter for Santa
Santa might just deliver ;)
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Something amusing came into my head. Gone are the days of the kids jumping on the bed at 6.30am, instead...
Lots of daddies waking the kids up at 5.30am to see if Santa has been... so they can be on the op at 9am.
lol QFT
|

cflux
Caldari FinFleet Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 19:09:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Cyllaina When i left ASCN yesterday, there were TLSW guys and some others blowing up their ships for insurance.... I can't see ASCN lasting too much longer, Security chat was in an uproar about majority of pilots being in empire... Oh well
Reading **** from someone with prestige to back their words is acceptable. You are among the reasons for the fall of ASCN. How can 0.0 alliance member have two kills and still forum warrior? --
|

Dianabolic
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 20:02:00 -
[21]
I for one am thankful for those in BoB that either don't celebrate christmas, for whatever reason, or who wish to avoid their families and instead finish off acsn. I will be out getting fed and watered on my parents expense then visiting friends in the evening, had I not made these plans I'd take great pleasure in finishing off the defense of the ASCN capital - for those that timed these pos to come out at this time says alot more about them than it does about us :)
Quote: 2006.12.18 23:46:04 Notify Phoenix belonging to nOrAb self-destructs.
|

Audrea
Momentum.
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 20:09:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Tabaldak
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning.
Hmm, good question.
I would say most of us will be with our families considering that is Christmas morning. Most of us have, you know, better things to do on X-Mas day than to worry about pos.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have lives that consist of other things besides eve.
What a genious plan! if bob manage to get enough people online to shoot the pos, you would spin it 'they have no life', but if they dont, the same leadership would spin it as a huge morale boost 
Only thing I am left wondering, is who is more stupid - the ASCN HC, thinking their members wont see through this, or the members, who indeed are.. in which case its just sad 
Anyhow, happy x-mas to all - smart and stupid as well 
Save Tranquility!  |

ollobrains
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 20:16:00 -
[23]
we at privateers are hitting ASCN within empire as well as well as lots of other peeps our KB is testiment to that it acn be found on ingame info queries surfice to say its been fun and mildly profitable
|

Exelsior
Endangered Species
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 21:06:00 -
[24]
Originally by: ollobrains we at privateers are hitting ASCN within empire as well as well as lots of other peeps our KB is testiment to that it acn be found on ingame info queries surfice to say its been fun and mildly profitable
So what exactly are you saying? That you joined on the bandwagon, but didn't quite have the balls to go to 0.0?
Now if you had attacked the other side (BoB) you could talk. But honestly 
|

j0sephine
Caldari Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 21:16:00 -
[25]
"Now if you had attacked the other side (BoB) you could talk. But honestly "
Privateer Alliance do have active war with BoB, actually...
|

CDS Leader
Caldari Eve Forum Warriors
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 21:54:00 -
[26]
Originally by: ollobrains we at privateers are hitting ASCN within empire as well as well as lots of other peeps our KB is testiment to that it acn be found on ingame info queries surfice to say its been fun and mildly profitable
BoB on the other hand, are not very profitable. Out of 5 bob I have targeted in empire, 4 logged and one died, dropping barly enough zyd to pay for the wardec. Well, lets see how it goes. Join Eve Forum Warriors Free Wardecs on Alliances! A Pirates Dream! |

Rexthor Hammerfists
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 21:59:00 -
[27]
"BoB on the other hand, are not very profitable. Out of 5 bob I have targeted in empire, 4 logged and one died, dropping barly enough zyd to pay for the wardec. Well, lets see how it goes."
i call bullcrap on that mister, why dont u provide some evidence to that?, oh right cause it never happened.
and once again for u bobhaters out there, if u have a bob logged of, make a screen send it to the ceo and he will b punished, and after a 2nd time prolly land on the streets. - Purple Conquered The World, We the Universe.
|

Mariko San
Saints Surrounded
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 22:11:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Avon
Originally by: Tabaldak
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists
lets see if ascn can hinder us takin the pos`s down with more then just letting em coming out att he 25th in the morning.
Hmm, good question.
I would say most of us will be with our families considering that is Christmas morning. Most of us have, you know, better things to do on X-Mas day than to worry about pos.
Sorry to disappoint you, but we have lives that consist of other things besides eve.
Great plan.
Now if BoB destroy all your POS it will because they don't have a life outside of Eve, and not your alliances failings .. is that the idea?
And you call us weak.
Funneh.
A little from column A and a little from Column B i would say 
|

Tacnafarias
Fear And Loathing
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 22:28:00 -
[29]
Originally by: j0sephine "Now if you had attacked the other side (BoB) you could talk. But honestly "
Privateer Alliance do have active war with BoB, actually...
Ah ha, ha ha de ha ha. Har.
Do your homework before sprouting **** kiddies. |

Bobbeh
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 22:46:00 -
[30]
The POS's in AZN can be dropped before DT, then I go for lunch, Then I make my hangar in the AZN outpost cozy.
That is all
A member of BOBLite. Current standing BOB Lite 4 - ASCN 0 |

Aequitas Veritas
TAOSP Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 22:54:00 -
[31]
Yay :)
Time to let one of my alt sit at POS and get afk killmails with his fighters while another keep it scrambled incase of gangwarps... win :p
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin |

Audrea
Momentum.
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 23:49:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Aequitas Veritas Yay :)
Time to let one of my alt sit at POS and get afk killmails with his fighters while another keep it scrambled incase of gangwarps... win :p
lol, I bet ASCN FCs wouldnt have the balls to do what Xirt did to Dian's Moros in 9CG 
We shall see though, perhaps x-mas brings some courage to them 
Save Tranquility!  |

Dal Thrax
Caldari House Of Troy
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 23:57:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Dal Thrax on 24/12/2006 00:04:01
Originally by: DB Preacher I asked for AZN for xmas: A letter for Santa
Santa might just deliver ;)
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Hum 10 a.m. GMT, that's what 2 - 5 a.m. for the U.S. Timezones. Don't except you'll hear many American accents on TS at that time.
|

ElCoCo
KIA Corp
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 23:57:00 -
[34]
How is this turkey shot (judging from the kb) is considered fun for ASCN is beyond me
|

Oreh Anavrin
No Quarter.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:06:00 -
[35]
Not everyone is in the US or celebrates christmas. I wager ASCN is in for a suprise :P
|

Trinity Faetal
Gallente Dark Centuri Inc. Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:13:00 -
[36]
One the first day of christmass, ASCN gave to me... --
join channel Dope Dealerz if you wanna sell or can supply drugs on a regular basis. |

laotse
Confederation of Red Moon Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:14:00 -
[37]
war i didnt get a memo  80.126.192.128:8888/tfd/uploads/1121735338/gallery_11_8_1124480365.jpg
Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, not exceeding 24000 kbs, ty - Cortes |

DB Preacher
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:14:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Dal Thrax Hum 10 a.m. GMT, that's what 2 - 5 a.m. for the U.S. Timezones. Don't except you'll hear many American accents on TS at that time.
You'd be surprised what I hear on BoB Ts.
Ahem.
dbp
Caldari Alliance PVP Championship Winner Current RKK Ranking: (PSCAL6) Proficient Short Tanto
|

laotse
Confederation of Red Moon Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:18:00 -
[39]
\o dbp m8 you have way to much time 80.126.192.128:8888/tfd/uploads/1121735338/gallery_11_8_1124480365.jpg
Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, not exceeding 24000 kbs, ty - Cortes |

Dominixa
Shadows of the Dead Xelas Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:23:00 -
[40]
Nice work in AZN guys. Any ideas on station names?
|

Bretonia
Gallente Eve Defence Force Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:30:00 -
[41]
Thanks for leaving ooyz station name Drac. Chap ment alot to people
------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
|

Rhakel
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:32:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Dominixa Nice work in AZN guys. Any ideas on station names?
Lemming Spawn Point
|

heidrun
Caelli-Merced
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 01:13:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Aequitas Veritas Yay :)
Time to let one of my alt sit at POS and get afk killmails with his fighters while another keep it scrambled incase of gangwarps... win :p
its all about the mails isnt that the reason you attacked ascn to start with?????,mailwh**es for the lamers!! no need to reply bobbit we all know its true.
|

slip66
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 01:52:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Dal Thrax Edited by: Dal Thrax on 24/12/2006 00:04:01
Originally by: DB Preacher I asked for AZN for xmas: A letter for Santa
Santa might just deliver ;)
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Hum 10 a.m. GMT, that's what 2 - 5 a.m. for the U.S. Timezones. Don't except you'll hear many American accents on TS at that time.
to bad most of ASCN is US based. Im sure a good number of US bob players will make it.
Originally by: StOrM ViPeR Theres a skill called surgical strike in game I've learned that it actually stands for Band of Brothers |

Fitz Chivalry
eXceed Inc. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 01:58:00 -
[45]
Originally by: ElCoCo How is this turkey shot (judging from the kb) is considered fun for ASCN is beyond me
It isn't a lot of fun tbh.
Still as i was sat floating in a pod tonight after failing to catch a gang warp I was trying to take some positives from this, which is not easy. Still, the following occurred to me:
(i) i know never to join a large mixed alliance again.
(ii) i know to be much more careful about who I throw my lot in with (though several corps in ascn have surprised me with their application and coolness, top of which is probably Dragons Rage, who have been awesome in this conflict).
(iii) we have whittled our corp down to a hardcore of very good and dependable guys that i look forward to flying with and can count on
(iv) i have received a lot of insurance isk and become more liquid
(v) we get to do something different, whatever that might be. things were way too comfortable down in RIT, almost never any hostiles, could rat and mine in peace whenever you liked, if u wanted to pvp it was crap because you had to go about 30 odd jumps down to HED area and once there maybe u could get a pirate kill or so but that was it. if this had not happened then what? we would have stayed around rit going on the odd raid north every few months from now until the servers close? What is happening is not what i would have wished for by a long shot but as i say, trying to look at some silver lining at least it puts some variety back into a game that was starting to get a bit stale.
(v) i now have a legitimate reason to dislike bob (beyond mere jealousy of their l33tness)
p.s. and virt cant kick me for posting because he knows i want to run off to empire to run missions really so he would just be doing me a favour. 
|

Adam C
0utbreak
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 02:24:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Fitz Chivalry
(i) i know never to join a large mixed alliance again.
(ii) i know to be much more careful about who I throw my lot in with (though several corps in ascn have surprised me with their application and coolness, top of which is probably Dragons Rage, who have been awesome in this conflict).
(iii) we have whittled our corp down to a hardcore of very good and dependable guys that i look forward to flying with and can count on

Good Post, actually one of the very few opinions in ASCN that i do respect, p.s. Insidious says hi
o/
|

Danari
Amarr Syncore Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 03:10:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Lexor SLice Did Virt lift the forum ban on you guys? 
Nope. This quite literally may be my last post with the ASCN tag.
|

Dungheap
Caldari Dragon's Rage Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 03:32:00 -
[48]
the baby hobbits have been sent to empire. tractor beams, salvagers and the like melted into bullets and missiles. a tear nearly came to my eye as i took a last screenie of the outpost our small corp worked so hard to build. every ship, fwiw, locked and loaded. we'll stand and fight and die, and tip our hat in local. then the last year's work will be undone, and off we go to regroup and rebuild. but not before i p**p down the radon pipes... ;D merry xmas all~ DH
|

Red Six
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 03:36:00 -
[49]
Originally by: DB Preacher
Originally by: Dal Thrax Hum 10 a.m. GMT, that's what 2 - 5 a.m. for the U.S. Timezones. Don't except you'll hear many American accents on TS at that time.
You'd be surprised what I hear on BoB Ts.
Ahem.
dbp
West Coast gonna be representing biatch!!!
Originally by: Eridu Fallen
Upon closer inspection, that Caldari BS doesn't even look like it got hit with the ugly stick, it looks like it *is* the ugly stick.
|

Halseth Durn
Amarr Oberon Incorporated Prime Orbital Systems
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 06:17:00 -
[50]
Puzzled.
|

George Hurst
S.M.C Cartage Co.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 06:59:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Halseth Durn Puzzled.
my thoughs exactly reagrding what I heard about your 'attempt' at nol
|

Himo Amasacia
Minmatar Elite United Corp Antigo Dominion
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 07:04:00 -
[52]
Originally by: DB Preacher
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Or you found out how much stront was in them ans you attacked them at the right time so your sad bastard brigade could attack them on christmass day. Conciddering your "win at all costs" attitude I know where my bets are.
|

Sochin
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 07:34:00 -
[53]
Edited by: Sochin on 24/12/2006 07:34:27
Originally by: Himo Amasacia
Originally by: DB Preacher
ASCN made the interesting move to make the pos come out on 10am on xmas morning. Presumably they think this will dissuade us from taking them.
Let's see what happens next shall we ;)
dbp
Or you found out how much stront was in them ans you attacked them at the right time so your sad bastard brigade could attack them on christmass day. Conciddering your "win at all costs" attitude I know where my bets are.
Wow. Just wow.
I seriously think the intelligence level of this game has plummeted drastically over the last few years.
If that was a joke and I missed it, sorry. I've just come to expect almost anything from the forum idiots nowadays.
PS: Your sig is extremely ironic.
Nemo me impune lacessit
|

Resipsa Loquitor
Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 07:44:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Dal Thrax Edited by: Dal Thrax on 24/12/2006 00:04:01 Hum 10 a.m. GMT, that's what 2 - 5 a.m. for the U.S. Timezones. Don't except you'll hear many American accents on TS at that time.
Oh really? Interesting . . . .
I played tonight well past midnight my local time. Most of the accents on our ts were distinctly British in nature (and those non-native English speakers that speak English with British mannerisms). That's 6am in the morning for them.
I think the American players can show the same dedication by waking up early to participate in this special event, regardless of its outcome. I speak only for myself, but I know this: sometimes you have to go beyond your normal realm and habits to be part of a greater thing.
siggy
Res - It speaks for itself in a misspelled kind of way
|

Blacklight
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 07:52:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Himo Amasacia Or you found out how much stront was in them ans you attacked them at the right time so your sad bastard brigade could attack them on christmass day. Conciddering your "win at all costs" attitude I know where my bets are.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how utterly clueless you are given your recent thread and inability to work out who's fighting in Feythabolis. This latest masterpiece of a post obviously means you also don't understand how POS work either.
Might be worth staying off the forums and making clueless posts whilst you work out how this game you've some how managed to get an account in actually works.
Blog
|

Arenis Xemdal
Amarr Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 07:58:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Himo Amasacia
Or you found out how much stront was in them ans you attacked them at the right time so your sad bastard brigade could attack them on christmass day. Conciddering your "win at all costs" attitude I know where my bets are.
I suppose now would be a bad time to mention the STK-S director following the Dreadnaughts around, tweaking Strontium levels. Hmm, yes I think it would..
Oops, the casino just got richer.
The truth is, the owners would rather place their bets on BoB not being able to field a Dreadnaught fleet on Christmas morning, than go with a time they know we can and rely on proper defense. If that is the extent of the faith they extend towards their fellow comrades, I'm sure the soon-to-be exiles will find better rewards for loyalty in Jita anyways.
|

Svett
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 08:30:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Oreh Anavrin Not everyone is in the US or celebrates christmas. I wager ASCN is in for a suprise :P
I don't think anyone in ascn is surprised they are losing azn.
|

local
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 08:46:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Adam C
Originally by: Fitz Chivalry
(i) i know never to join a large mixed alliance again.
(ii) i know to be much more careful about who I throw my lot in with (though several corps in ascn have surprised me with their application and coolness, top of which is probably Dragons Rage, who have been awesome in this conflict).
(iii) we have whittled our corp down to a hardcore of very good and dependable guys that i look forward to flying with and can count on

Good Post, actually one of the very few opinions in ASCN that i do respect, p.s. Insidious says hi
o/
QFT, seems like guys starting to learn something...
|

ElCoCo
KIA Corp
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 10:22:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Fitz Chivalry
Originally by: ElCoCo How is this turkey shot (judging from the kb) is considered fun for ASCN is beyond me
It isn't a lot of fun tbh.
.............. and then some good stuff.
Finaly some sensible post. Props to you I mean from an outsider's perspective, it becomes irritating to keep seeing things like "we drop like flies but we have fun at it"
|

Yazoul Samaiel
Caldari Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 10:33:00 -
[60]
Originally by: FlashmanUK Wasn't for insurance.
Then why on earth Peacemakerone just died in less than 2 hours to a TAOSP tower in 2 scorps and a raven!!!
I know Taosp are emo but that aint a mind controlling tower now is it  "Lord Samaiel, Rise "
BNC Vs CELES Video
|

Excellent Miner
Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:15:00 -
[61]
"All i want for Xmas is my outpost back ......." I dont want a smart bomb, I want it to kill stupid people too. |

Stamm
Amarr Three Holdings Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:29:00 -
[62]
As a neutral observer. What do the other neutrals think is on the cards next?
My opinion is that BoB will take AZN, it may not be on Christmas Day, but it'll go down. And at that point I think it's clear that ASCN have been defeated. Will BoB offer ASCN terms? Will ASCN accept them? If they don't accept terms they'll haemorage members, if they do accept terms, they'll still lose members. Don't know what would be worse for ASCN, being BoB's tenants, or saying that they will continue to fight, even when they are losing lots of members.
Pure speculation of course, I'm not involved, I'm just reading the soap opera as it develops.
|

Helen
STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:33:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Yazoul Samaiel
Originally by: FlashmanUK Wasn't for insurance.
Then why on earth Peacemakerone just died in less than 2 hours to a TAOSP tower in 2 scorps and a raven!!!
I know Taosp are emo but that aint a mind controlling tower now is it 
Guess you'd have to ask Peacemakerone.
On a serious note STK got bored sat in AZN with BoB camping us in with bubbles, capitals and the usual side selection of ships. We decided that a breakout would have to occur looking at numbers in gang hit 15 we decided that with 80 odd people in local the odds were definately in our favour.
We went outside twice in BS then went outside again in cruisers then sent a lone smartbomb bs to catch the BoB support. Shame we didn't kill many of you guys but the 15v15 contest never materialised.
I mean we are in ASCN we obviously derive sick pleasure from dying.
|

Revelatia
Clandestia
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:36:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Stamm If they don't accept terms they'll haemorage members, if they do accept terms, they'll still lose members.
They already have, around 500+ individual members have left so far and EDF just announced they are leaving too.
|

Monahlott
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:36:00 -
[65]
I admire peoples dedication.I dont/didnt buy into all this "Quake kiddie" crap but... ......some people really need to get out more.Go down the pub...go to a party...find a pretty girl and dance dance dance you saddos-Its xmas and the whole world is in party mode..for the love of god find something more important to do than play "space invaders 2006". 
|

Stamm
Amarr Three Holdings Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:39:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Revelatia
Originally by: Stamm If they don't accept terms they'll haemorage members, if they do accept terms, they'll still lose members.
They already have, around 500+ individual members have left so far and EDF just announced they are leaving too.
I did notice the drop in members. But I didn't know it was 500 individual members, are you sure? That's pretty cataclysmic. I assumed it was a corp or three leaving. From what I've seen on the forums EDF leaving ASCN might be a positive thing.
In any case, the position that ASCN are in now...
There's clearly some spirited people in ASCN, they're not all self centred short sighted carebears. Could they be satisfied being BoBs tenants? Or would it be enough for them that the people they felt dirty about sharing an alliance channel with are gone?
And conversely, there's some industy minded people that want to build and expand their empire, they wouldn't be happy being BoB tenants, unless the deal was favourable, but likewise they may not be interested in guerilla warfare.
|

Revelatia
Clandestia
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:50:00 -
[67]
No one really knows what the actual member 'count' is but it's estimated to be 1500 at it's height of just over 5000 'characters'. I should have said over 500+ characters have left. We were and still are a very alt heavy alliance.
-
From conversations I have seen I don't think any but the newer additions would be happy to be BoB slaves, especially with the way the war has been conducted by both BoB and us on a high level. It remains to be seen though whether that is even a BoB option as nothing constructive has been offered as far as I know, other than the usual forum propaganda.
-
Guerilla warfare - I think they'd welcome that to be honest, but would consider it little more than a VERY minor annoyance, if at all.
|

Stamm
Amarr Three Holdings Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 11:55:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Revelatia No one really knows what the actual member 'count' is but it's estimated to be 1500 at it's height of just over 5000 'characters'. I should have said over 500+ characters have left. We were and still are a very alt heavy alliance.
-
From conversations I have seen I don't think any but the newer additions would be happy to be BoB slaves, especially with the way the war has been conducted by both BoB and us on a high level. It remains to be seen though whether that is even a BoB option as nothing constructive has been offered as far as I know, other than the usual forum propaganda.
-
Guerilla warfare - I think they'd welcome that to be honest, but would consider it little more than a VERY minor annoyance, if at all.
If BoB do intend to make an offer they'll be very careful about keeping silent until the offer is made, making ridiculous or no offers at all, and then bang, here comes a very reasonable offer. The best time to do that is surely when AZN falls.
Clearly I'm armchair generaling here, but it's quiet today and unlike everybody else I know I seemed to have the sense to do my Christmas shopping last month, so I'm trundling along 0.0 in my non-stabbed hauler bored out of my little mind.
|

Alberta
Gallente Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 14:12:00 -
[69]
Originally by: Stamm unlike everybody else I know I seemed to have the sense to do my Christmas shopping last month, so I'm trundling along 0.0 in my non-stabbed hauler bored out of my little mind.
*shakes fist and runs off to the shops*
|

DB Preacher
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 14:13:00 -
[70]
They had their chance to come to us Stamm. Very publically, they stuck their two fingers up at us.
I guess the realisation now is that they should have used those two fingers to click click more ingame and less on the forums and they may have come out with something at the end of the war.
It's not going to be a very merry christmas for the kids of ASCN.
dbp
Caldari Alliance PVP Championship Winner Current RKK Ranking: (PSCAL6) Proficient Short Tanto
|

RedClaws
Amarr Dragon's Rage Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 14:16:00 -
[71]
Originally by: Fitz Chivalry
(ii) i know to be much more careful about who I throw my lot in with (though several corps in ascn have surprised me with their application and coolness, top of which is probably Dragons Rage, who have been awesome in this conflict).
Thanks Fitz :D We from Dragon's Rage really appreciate this.
Let's hope our paths continue to cross.
|

laotse
Confederation of Red Moon Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 14:21:00 -
[72]
hmm and i was thinking we where over the kiddies stuf its something ascn and bob dont have to use imo it have no place in this game  80.126.192.128:8888/tfd/uploads/1121735338/gallery_11_8_1124480365.jpg
Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, not exceeding 24000 kbs, ty - Cortes |

Stamm
Amarr Three Holdings Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 14:47:00 -
[73]
Edited by: Stamm on 24/12/2006 14:48:25
Originally by: DB Preacher They had their chance to come to us Stamm. Very publically, they stuck their two fingers up at us.
I guess the realisation now is that they should have used those two fingers to click click more ingame and less on the forums and they may have come out with something at the end of the war.
It's not going to be a very merry christmas for the kids of ASCN.
dbp
Well, it all depends on ASCN how long it takes. Nobody seems to be denying that AZN will fall, so I'm taking it for granted it will fall. But there's no guarantee that ASCN will crumble at that point. And then BoB face the monotony of trying to stamp out ASCN POSs all over the area, dealing with lone wolf ASCN pilots who're basically out to grief any BoB they can find not in a fleet.
Up until now it must have been (generally speaking) fun for BoB as they've rolled across ASCN space and come to their capital system, but once that's taken, and the other stuff is left to deal with, BoB may not have so much fun, and may lose the spirit they've clearly fought with so far in this campaign.
Not to mention that with some corps leaving ASCN there's every chance that something that isn't working now can be made to work. I'm sure there's hundreds of pilots, maybe even over a thousand that are willing to bite the bullet and try to take on BoB if it's possible and there's enough people willing. They might find it easier to work together when all the clutter of the forum-posting non-combat people, the carebears, the "I'm only in ASCN for as long as it suits me, and I don't really care about them or the corp" people.. once they're gone then maybe ASCN will be left with a determined force of fighters.
That's why I think BoB might now be thinking - and clearly I'd be a fool if I thought DB Preacher is going to admit it - that a reasonable offer might be worth tabling, if it doesn't compromise the victory conditions that BoB have in mind, and deals with all the less fun stuff afterwards. As for the two fingers that ASCN showed you, when they graciously allowed you to keep Fountain... well, I think that's already come back to bite them.
Bear in mind this is only my opinion, and I'm in no way important anywhere, never mind the south. And no, other than RULE knocking down an ASCN POS that for some obscure reason they put down in our space, neither me nor RULE have been involved.
|

jjiimm
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 16:27:00 -
[74]
Go tell the Spartans
We are here and we are waiting
|

slip66
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 17:04:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Helen
Originally by: Yazoul Samaiel
Originally by: FlashmanUK Wasn't for insurance.
Then why on earth Peacemakerone just died in less than 2 hours to a TAOSP tower in 2 scorps and a raven!!!
I know Taosp are emo but that aint a mind controlling tower now is it 
Guess you'd have to ask Peacemakerone.
On a serious note STK got bored sat in AZN with BoB camping us in with bubbles, capitals and the usual side selection of ships. We decided that a breakout would have to occur looking at numbers in gang hit 15 we decided that with 80 odd people in local the odds were definately in our favour.
We went outside twice in BS then went outside again in cruisers then sent a lone smartbomb bs to catch the BoB support. Shame we didn't kill many of you guys but the 15v15 contest never materialised.
I mean we are in ASCN we obviously derive sick pleasure from dying.
I bet if you would have asked you would have gotten a 15v15....
Originally by: StOrM ViPeR Theres a skill called surgical strike in game I've learned that it actually stands for Band of Brothers |

Ragnar Anchor
Minmatar Dragon's Rage Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 17:21:00 -
[76]
After 3 months of never postin on the Eve-O forums as an ascn member as it relates to this war, you will have to forgive my past reticence and forgive also my forwardness. To all ascn members I say, it was fun, but remember that ideologies do not win wars, only dedication to those same ideologies will win wars...and lots of SP!
|

Krystal Waters
Minmatar Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 17:36:00 -
[77]
Originally by: Dianabolic for those that timed these pos to come out at this time says alot more about them than it does about us :)
lol. nicely put.
|

Slowboat
Interspace Trade Consortium
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 17:46:00 -
[78]
Originally by: slip66 I bet if you would have asked you would have gotten a 15v15....
Bzzzzz! Wrong answer.
|

Resipsa Loquitor
Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 19:37:00 -
[79]
Originally by: Slowboat
Originally by: slip66 I bet if you would have asked you would have gotten a 15v15....
Bzzzzz! Wrong answer.
Hmmm . . . I'd like to hear the right answer then. Seems like a fair deal and one that many I flew with last night would have taken if made without deception and in the spirit of fun and fighting. If they would have ran we would have killed them.
So, tell us what the answer should have been.
siggy
Res - It speaks for itself in a misspelled kind of way
|

Red Six
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 19:55:00 -
[80]
Originally by: Ragnar Anchor After 3 months of never postin on the Eve-O forums as an ascn member as it relates to this war, you will have to forgive my past reticence and forgive also my forwardness. To all ascn members I say, it was fun, but remember that ideologies do not win wars, only dedication to those same ideologies will win wars...and lots of SP!
Skill points don't win wars. They don't lose wars either. What wins and loses wars is teamwork and leadership. If you have good teamwork with good leadership you win. You can have a fleet of 50 and outnumber your enemy 2 to 1 but if an idiot is leading them they will lose. You can have an excellent fleet commander and if the people following him don't do as he/she says they will lose. In the end it comes down to teamwork and leadership.
Originally by: Eridu Fallen
Upon closer inspection, that Caldari BS doesn't even look like it got hit with the ugly stick, it looks like it *is* the ugly stick.
|

LUKEC
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 19:58:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Slowboat
Originally by: slip66 I bet if you would have asked you would have gotten a 15v15....
Bzzzzz! Wrong answer.
Ofc. Fights that included roughly same numbers always turned out to be pure slaughter. So instead improving quality, ASCN was working on improving quantity which had diminishing returns on quality. And look what end result is... -------- The BoB model is bad for business. Incidently the BoB model is more suited for a game such as WoW where as the ASCN model more suited for Eve.
McGreedy |

Mtthias Clemi
Gallente Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 20:06:00 -
[82]
Do they know its christmas time at all?
ok ok that was harsh, i dont hate mods.. as an apology the mod who shows the most wuv gets a free mercedes...
|

Dr Einkeisel
Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 22:47:00 -
[83]
Been pointed out several times already, not everyone celebrates crimbo.
|

M4sterm1nd
DarkStar 1
|
Posted - 2006.12.25 01:34:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Snatchz P.S. The reason i ask is that the kb numebrs are just gaudy...
it's simple : When it started, many people actually did drop their barges and ratting fittings... two weeks after that, ppl got bored. Since then: A) noone gave a hoot B) noone gives a hoot C) prospects for future hootery don't look good.
EDF is gone, CLS is gone, DS1 is gone, AXE is gone, and God only knows how many corps are FINALLY coming to the realisation that the lax attitude towards this whole BoB situation has cost them their space.
I give it till new years. ASCN, in its current state, is the lesser son of greater sires.
I'm gonna fill your hoo-hah with goofjuice! - Patton Oswalt |

Liet Traep
Minmatar Black Lance Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2006.12.25 06:35:00 -
[85]
Edited by: Liet Traep on 25/12/2006 06:46:09
Originally by: Stamm
Originally by: Revelatia
Originally by: Stamm If they don't accept terms they'll haemorage members, if they do accept terms, they'll still lose members.
They already have, around 500+ individual members have left so far and EDF just announced they are leaving too.
I did notice the drop in members. But I didn't know it was 500 individual members, are you sure? That's pretty cataclysmic. I assumed it was a corp or three leaving. From what I've seen on the forums EDF leaving ASCN might be a positive thing.
In any case, the position that ASCN are in now...
There's clearly some spirited people in ASCN, they're not all self centred short sighted carebears. Could they be satisfied being BoBs tenants? Or would it be enough for them that the people they felt dirty about sharing an alliance channel with are gone?
And conversely, there's some industy minded people that want to build and expand their empire, they wouldn't be happy being BoB tenants, unless the deal was favourable, but likewise they may not be interested in guerilla warfare.
When BoB and ASCn announced they're going to war I logged into eve and made a note of some alliance rankings. I assumed that Axe would be backing up ASCN so i took note of their numbers also.
9/28/2006 - Today ASCN 4993 - 3427 AXE 1402 - 1093 BOB 1605 - 1817
The numbers aren't completely accurate I'm sure. But they're what i got off of eve. Make of them what you will.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |