| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s) |

Eugene Spencer
Rodents of Unusual Size
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 18:22:00 -
[1] - Quote
So the early bird tickets are now available. Cool! I'm looking forward to attending again this year.
Is there an ETA on when Icelandair will be putting up their packages? Last year was very simple to book - everything was through the Icelandair website. Flights, hotel, golden circle tour, blue lagoon. All in one place.
Is there plans to do this again?
Eugene I have a specific comb for my beard. |

Karl Planck
Labyrinth Obtaining Chaotic Kangaroos
62
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 18:46:00 -
[2] - Quote
wtf was with the link to the 2012 fanfest website?
Edit* Are there going to be package deals ccp? |

jason hill
The Riot Formation Get Off My Lawn
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 18:48:00 -
[3] - Quote
is thinking of going but I dont want to do the golden circle tour as i did it last year . Would probabley prefer to wander around the city and do my own thing this time round .but would definatly reccomend the blue lagoon ! this will be my 3rd time there .its an amazing experience  |

Eugene Spencer
Rodents of Unusual Size
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 19:15:00 -
[4] - Quote
Yeah I probably wouldn't go on the golden circle tour again. It was good but I don't think I need to do it again.-á
Last fanfest I hired a car for a couple of days. I think I will do that again and do my own thing. I like my photography, so being able to drive into the middle of nowhere at 3am to get the northern lights would be good :-) I have a specific comb for my beard. |

Kari Trace
21 SVC Corp Fidelas Constans
8
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 21:43:00 -
[5] - Quote
Srsly, need to know the airfare... be safe, fly reckless. |

EL TITAN
Firebird Squadron Terra-Incognita
6
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 21:59:00 -
[6] - Quote
agreed, however have you checked out the hotel booking links that ask you to type in your full card details including the CVC code in a plain text email message - tutt tutt tutt.
Shame the hotels for not adhering to PCI DSS compliance because this is strictly against the rules!!!!
"Credit Card Details GÇô (you can also phone +354 XXX XXXX with card details) Card Holder Name: Card Number: Exp Date: CVC code: "
|
|

CCP Stillman
C C P C C P Alliance
125

|
Posted - 2011.12.12 22:03:00 -
[7] - Quote
Eugene Spencer wrote:
Last fanfest I hired a car for a couple of days. I think I will do that again and do my own thing. I like my photography, so being able to drive into the middle of nowhere at 3am to get the northern lights would be good :-)
Renting a car is a great experience if you know how to drive. If you have a couple of corp mates and want to see Iceland, it's cheap when you split the cost. And at the local information centers, they'll give suggestions for good routes.
It also makes it so much more cheaper to go to the blue lagoon. And often you can rent it in Reykjavik and drop it off next to the airport, which saves you a bus ticket.
Overall, great idea. I rented a car when my folks came up on holiday. It was much better than getting bossed around on guided tours.
Associate QA Tester for Team EVESec. |
|

Eugene Spencer
Rodents of Unusual Size
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 22:31:00 -
[8] - Quote
CCP Stillman wrote: Renting a car is a great experience if you know how to drive.
Well, it really was a great experience. I had never driven on "the other side of the road" before. So I learned to drive a left hand car, on the other side of the road, at night, in the snow, in reykjavik after nearly 24 hours of travel. Somebody got angry and peeped at me on the roundabout outside CCP HQ.
So yeah, brilliant experience :D I have a specific comb for my beard. |

mkint
445
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 22:53:00 -
[9] - Quote
CCP Stillman wrote:Eugene Spencer wrote:
Last fanfest I hired a car for a couple of days. I think I will do that again and do my own thing. I like my photography, so being able to drive into the middle of nowhere at 3am to get the northern lights would be good :-)
Renting a car is a great experience if you know how to drive. If you have a couple of corp mates and want to see Iceland, it's cheap when you split the cost. And at the local information centers, they'll give suggestions for good routes. It also makes it so much more cheaper to go to the blue lagoon. And often you can rent it in Reykjavik and drop it off next to the airport, which saves you a bus ticket. Overall, great idea. I rented a car when my folks came up on holiday. It was much better than getting bossed around on guided tours. Ugh.... guided tours are for people who suck at using google.
Speaking of alternative travel options, what kind of sailboat parking does reykjavik have, especially that time of year? |

Danzig Brickpile
State War Academy Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 00:31:00 -
[10] - Quote
People can actually afford to spend upwards of 2K USD on a video game related vacation? |

Saint Lazarus
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
167
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 00:54:00 -
[11] - Quote
Danzig Brickpile wrote:People can actually afford to spend upwards of 2K USD on a video game related vacation?
Cost me a grand total of about 550 Euro for flights/hotel/tix last year, granted that dosent include spending moneys but it was still under 1k.
And that was for a full week, easily make it under 500 if you only go for weekend and are careful about spending (aka dont drink TOO much)
So yea.......bring on the special offers |

Danzig Brickpile
State War Academy Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 00:59:00 -
[12] - Quote
Oh ok, that's not too bad at all. Air fair from west coast Canada is a bit more expensive though. Where did you fly from?
Saint Lazarus wrote:Danzig Brickpile wrote:People can actually afford to spend upwards of 2K USD on a video game related vacation? Cost me a grand total of about 550 Euro for flights/hotel/tix last year, granted that dosent include spending moneys but it was still under 1k. And that was for a full week, easily make it under 500 if you only go for weekend and are careful about spending (aka dont drink TOO much) So yea.......bring on the special offers
|

Saint Lazarus
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
167
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 01:04:00 -
[13] - Quote
Danzig Brickpile wrote:Oh ok, that's not too bad at all. Air fair from west coast Canada is a bit more expensive though. Where did you fly from?
Ireland to London to Iceland.
Apart from Fanfest its worth it just to see Iceland, amazing country! |

Lachesis VII
Pitch Black. Shadow Cartel
12
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 01:10:00 -
[14] - Quote
Adding my support to this thread.
Last year's booking package through Icelandair made the trip possible for me; the savings on airfare and hotel made it possible for me to both fly to Iceland and eat while I was there. The whole trip, with my airfare from San Francisco to Seattle, spending money (read: booze money), and the Icelandair package with Blue Lagoon and Golden Circle cost me about $1200. Totally worth it for an 8 day European vacation. Of course I had the flu the entire bloody time, so it wasn't as great a trip as it could have been, but that's what 2012 is for.
Definitely planning on renting a car this year and driving down to Vik, rather than doing the Golden Circle. |

Placid09
Tactical Knightmare
6
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 02:28:00 -
[15] - Quote
+1 for this!
I'm planning on coming with my girlfriend, but as I've had to wait so long for the package details, ticket prices have gone up over $150 dollars per person. I'm paying for two people, so if there is a chance that Iceland Air is going to offer a special then I want in! |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
2028
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 02:34:00 -
[16] - Quote
Eugene Spencer wrote:So the early bird tickets are now available. Cool! I'm looking forward to attending again this year. Is there an ETA on when Icelandair will be putting up their packages? Last year was very simple to book - everything was through the Icelandair website. Flights, hotel, golden circle tour, blue lagoon. All in one place. Is there plans to do this again? Eugene It looks like they're going with separate packages this time. None of the Iceland Air packages used to have hotels near the centrum GÇö instead they were (very roughly) clustered around the arena. Since this year's fanfest is downtown, they've gone with a chain of hotels that are in the city centre, and the tickets for all the excursion stuff can be bought through the fanfest site.
GǪso right now, it looks like you'll have to do air fare hunting on your own. GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
If not, contact Miss DSA to shed your wardecs. |

Phyridean
LEGION OF PROFESSOR CHAOS Darkmatter Initiative
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 02:56:00 -
[17] - Quote
Any word on the 'putting my credit card in a plaintext email' thing? Kind of want to avoid that, since I'm not even sure I can call them with any phone I have to give it to them. |

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
86
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 05:41:00 -
[18] - Quote
mkint wrote: Speaking of alternative travel options, what kind of sailboat parking does reykjavik have, especially that time of year?
You've got an icebreaking sailboat? 
|

mkint
445
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 06:41:00 -
[19] - Quote
Lors Dornick wrote:mkint wrote: Speaking of alternative travel options, what kind of sailboat parking does reykjavik have, especially that time of year?
You've got an icebreaking sailboat?  by march I would think the ice should be breaking up. Looking at google maps I see a dock for small boats right at the event center (closer than the bus stop!) But a google search does not turn up any marinas, or really very much useful information about sailing, except that people do it. :( In reality, I probably won't sail to fanfest this year, but I've always wanted to visit iceland (long before I started playing EVE) and would love to do it by boat if I can find better information. |
|

CCP Spitfire
C C P C C P Alliance
542

|
Posted - 2011.12.13 07:33:00 -
[20] - Quote
Eugene Spencer wrote:So the early bird tickets are now available. Cool! I'm looking forward to attending again this year. Is there an ETA on when Icelandair will be putting up their packages? Last year was very simple to book - everything was through the Icelandair website. Flights, hotel, golden circle tour, blue lagoon. All in one place. Is there plans to do this again? Eugene
As far as I know, Icelandair packages will be available shortly (I don't have the exact ETA yet, unfortunately) -- however, Fanfest tickets will not be included in those deals. The only way to get them is through the Account Management page.
CCP Spitfire | Russian Community Coordinator @ccp_spitfire |
|

decaneos
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
5
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 08:25:00 -
[21] - Quote
i know icelandair and there VERY expensive especially the flights, you may want to shop around as well, no idea when the new airlines hit keflavik tho so you might still be stuck with 2 crappy options :p
|

Poetic Stanziel
Arrakis Technology
447
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 08:48:00 -
[22] - Quote
Danzig Brickpile wrote:Oh ok, that's not too bad at all. Air fair from west coast Canada is a bit more expensive though. Where did you fly from? I found airfare from Western Canada for $1211 return. That's a damned good price. They ranged up to $4000 round.
Today I lost my common sense, It slipped away between Amamake and Rens, I think it happened in highsec, Using a Brutix to gank a Providence. -- Flunk |

EL TITAN
Firebird Squadron Terra-Incognita
6
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 12:47:00 -
[23] - Quote
CCP Spitfire wrote:Eugene Spencer wrote:So the early bird tickets are now available. Cool! I'm looking forward to attending again this year. Is there an ETA on when Icelandair will be putting up their packages? Last year was very simple to book - everything was through the Icelandair website. Flights, hotel, golden circle tour, blue lagoon. All in one place. Is there plans to do this again? Eugene As far as I know, Icelandair packages will be available shortly (I don't have the exact ETA yet, unfortunately) -- however, Fanfest tickets will not be included in those deals. The only way to get them is through the Account Management page.
EPIC, EPIC fail CCP for those of us that bought our flights yesturday (me)!!! |

Winters Chill
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
9
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 13:48:00 -
[24] - Quote
I had a look at the fanfest prices, they seem reasonable as a whole.
But I can't help sneer cynically at the "go out with a dev drinking" experience for X amount of euros. Seems a little hackney and forced. If thats your thing, more power to ya, who am I to judge.
|

Saint Lazarus
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
167
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 17:31:00 -
[25] - Quote
Winters Chill wrote:I had a look at the fanfest prices, they seem reasonable as a whole.
But I can't help sneer cynically at the "go out with a dev drinking" experience for X amount of euros. Seems a little hackney and forced. If thats your thing, more power to ya, who am I to judge.
Its worth it.
Last year they gave us enough free booze to more than cover the cost before we even GOT to the pub, not to mention how insanely fun it was.
CCP Affinity if you read this I still demand an Irish pub crawl theme this year!!!! xD |
|

CCP Lemur
81

|
Posted - 2011.12.13 18:00:00 -
[26] - Quote
The price for the pub crawl are more of a cover charge. We are not making any profit on it, just getting less sober with you guys. QA Guy | Actually Existing | A-Team Signature up to your IMGination. |
|

Eugene Spencer
Rodents of Unusual Size
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 23:20:00 -
[27] - Quote
Winters Chill wrote:I had a look at the fanfest prices, they seem reasonable as a whole.
But I can't help sneer cynically at the "go out with a dev drinking" experience for X amount of euros. Seems a little hackney and forced. If thats your thing, more power to ya, who am I to judge.
I wouldn't sneer - the pub crawl is a lot more fun than you might think. You get free drinks too, along with that Brenavin stuff (however you spell it).
Thanks for the update Spitfire - I'll check out the packages when they become available!
Eugene I have a specific comb for my beard. |

Eugene Spencer
Rodents of Unusual Size
21
|
Posted - 2011.12.13 23:28:00 -
[28] - Quote
Winters Chill wrote:I had a look at the fanfest prices, they seem reasonable as a whole.
But I can't help sneer cynically at the "go out with a dev drinking" experience for X amount of euros. Seems a little hackney and forced. If thats your thing, more power to ya, who am I to judge.
I wouldn't sneer - the pub crawl is a lot more fun than you might think. You get free drinks too, along with that Brenavin stuff (however you spell it).
Thanks for the update Spitfire - I'll check out the packages when they become available!
Eugene I have a specific comb for my beard. |
|

CCP Punkturis
C C P C C P Alliance
525

|
Posted - 2011.12.13 23:35:00 -
[29] - Quote
pub crawls last fanfest were fun! CCP Punkturis | EVE UI Developer |
|

Alain Kinsella
12
|
Posted - 2011.12.14 01:24:00 -
[30] - Quote
Do options exist for those of us who cannot / will not drink alcohol, and therefore will never attend events like the pub crawl?
I'm already messed up in the head, adding the potential for alcoholism (due to family history) is not my idea of a good time.
I may have come here from Myst Online, but that does not make me any less bloodthirsty than the average Eve player.
Just more subtle.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |