| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Moses Mortensen
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:14:00 -
[1]
Does anybody know if there is a corp in EVE that only consists of RL female players? or a corp with only female avaters?
|

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Tuxedo.
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:24:00 -
[2]
No cyber for you ok. 
|

Nicocat
Caldari New Age Solutions
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:25:00 -
[3]
Aren't we supposed to be DISCOURAGING discrimination and segregation in this day and age? ----------------------------
Originally by: Splagada SEED ME DADDY
WTB: Friggin' portrait |

Kharakan
Amarr Morticus Impendium
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:27:00 -
[4]
Memory might be failing, but Glamour Bunnies might be.
this signature space is claimed in the name of eris, haha I got to him first. neeneer
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:29:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Moses Mortensen Does anybody know if there is a corp in EVE that only consists of RL female players? or a corp with only female avaters?
Not sure if there is a corp for it, but I think there is a channel for it. I dont know the name of it though. Maybe someone who knows who to contact will post in this thread.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune |

LUGAL MOP'N'GLO
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:30:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Nicocat Aren't we supposed to be DISCOURAGING discrimination and segregation in this day and age?
She said the second option would be all femal avatars, so I think there's an element of RP here. If she just wants to play the game with RL girls then poo on her, I think that's ridiculous. We have 3 or 4 girls in our alliance, 2 of which I know are very active in PVP and are always on vent. ~~~~~~~~~ Caldari. It's so easy a Minmatar could do it. |

Baleorg
Gallente Guys of Sarcasm
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:31:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Nicocat WTB: Friggin' portrait
you need to update your sig ^^
BTW: A GOOD Cache-Cleaner |

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Tuxedo.
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:33:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Nicocat Aren't we supposed to be DISCOURAGING discrimination and segregation in this day and age?
Don't even know anymore. Does any one remember that ghey,lez, and tranny chat channel thread that started off as "Good for you!", "Awesome!", "Cool!",And then ISD said trolling this thread will get you warned (apparently its 100% ok to ***** jokes at heterosexuals but everything else is taboo ) , then it turned into "Why are you guys segregatting yourselves unless you just want to cyber with each other or something ", Then the thread turned into "What about furries" and why are you guys hating on beastiality!
Then some whole word filter conspiracy arised out of it. That thread was nutz 
|

Twilight Moon
Minmatar Malicious Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:40:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Twilight Moon on 24/01/2007 16:37:06
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Moses Mortensen Does anybody know if there is a corp in EVE that only consists of RL female players? or a corp with only female avaters?
Not sure if there is a corp for it, but I think there is a channel for it. I dont know the name of it though. Maybe someone who knows who to contact will post in this thread.
WGOEPublic is the channel name.
Beware of Getafix, while it might well have long hair and a skirt, its not a lady, by a long shot.
Originally by: Tisanta i cry when i read your sig...
|

Moses Mortensen
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:42:00 -
[10]
It was mostly just because I was curious... there seems to be a lot of female avaters. But I read some place that there are 95% RL male players and 5% RL female players in EVE. Then it is interesting to note that in the overall game statistics 62% are male players and 38% are female players.. Would be fun to know how many EVE-female avatars and how many EVE-male avatars there are... 
|

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Tuxedo.
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:43:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Moses Mortensen It was mostly just because I was curious... there seems to be a lot of female avaters. But I read some place that there are 95% RL male players and 5% RL female players in EVE. Then it is interesting to note that in the overall game statistics 62% are male players and 38% are female players.. Would be fun to know how many EVE-female avatars and how many EVE-male avatars there are... 
Your avatar looks like G.I. Jane but thats besides the point
that statistic is wrong since THERE ARE NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET
|

Xsag
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:47:00 -
[12]
yes i know several ppl who deliberately play only female characters even though they are blatantly male - dunno why maybe its their "thing" ive given up on the whole eve dating thing anyway or any online dating its just likely to end in pubes the wrong sort of pubes and possibly a visit from the police :P
yes can you smell my fear ? "im 21" yes of course you are i believe you......"ooops"
~n00b of all trades~ ~~Airkio~~ ~if im posting on here its cos im in work~ ~Now with a face!~
|

Brutor Shaun
Minmatar Freelancers UK Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:49:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Moses Mortensen It was mostly just because I was curious... there seems to be a lot of female avaters. But I read some place that there are 95% RL male players and 5% RL female players in EVE. Then it is interesting to note that in the overall game statistics 62% are male players and 38% are female players.. Would be fun to know how many EVE-female avatars and how many EVE-male avatars there are... 
MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls
|

Twilight Moon
Minmatar Malicious Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:52:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Xsag yes i know several ppl who deliberately play only female characters even though they are blatantly male
Like me. I cant for the life of me play a Male character in an MMO, even though I am equipped with meat and two veg in life.
Dunno why, have no idea, just a quirk I guess.
Originally by: Tisanta i cry when i read your sig...
|

ScreamingLord Sutch
Hand in Mouth
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:53:00 -
[15]
Edited by: ScreamingLord Sutch on 24/01/2007 16:51:03
Originally by: Nicocat Aren't we supposed to be DISCOURAGING discrimination and segregation in this day and age?
No we're trying to kill OTT political correctness and the people who try to ram it down our throats 24/7.
I was going to give you the names of a few geniune ladies in eve but meh, too many creepy nerds here for that :/
|

Xsag
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:54:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Twilight Moon
Originally by: Xsag yes i know several ppl who deliberately play only female characters even though they are blatantly male
Like me. I cant for the life of me play a Male character in an MMO, even though I am equipped with meat and two veg in life.
Dunno why, have no idea, just a quirk I guess.
or maybe your just saying that to throw us off the scent :P
~n00b of all trades~ ~~Airkio~~ ~if im posting on here its cos im in work~ ~Now with a face!~
|

Xsag
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:55:00 -
[17]
Originally by: ScreamingLord Sutch
Originally by: Nicocat Aren't we supposed to be DISCOURAGING discrimination and segregation in this day and age?
No we're trying to kill OTT political correctness and the people who try to ram it down our throats 24/7.
hooray! i completely agree
~n00b of all trades~ ~~Airkio~~ ~if im posting on here its cos im in work~ ~Now with a face!~
|

Vizranuh
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 16:58:00 -
[18]
MISTDRAGONS
According to their description, they require a TS/Vent verification that you're female before they accept you.
I've spoken with a few of their members before. They seem like a decent lot.
Cheers --
|

Twilight Moon
Minmatar Malicious Intentions
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:01:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Xsag or maybe your just saying that to throw us off the scent :P
If you want proof feel free to come on our Vent and chat me up, just please, don't get too upset when you realise that you are talking to someone that, as my CEO keeps reminding me, "sounds like a Pikey".
Vent Entry Fee: 100 Million ISK, just deposit it into my wallet and I'll send you the details.
Originally by: Tisanta i cry when i read your sig...
|

Lars Intarestum
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:08:00 -
[20]
Most MMOs you'll be staring at the backside of a character for hours. I'd much rather stare at a girl's ass than a guy's ass.
Now, here's the real question: How many avatars are female achura? 'Cause the Male Achura looks stupid.
|

Xsag
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:15:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Twilight Moon "sounds like a Pikey".
Vent Entry Fee: 100 Million ISK, just deposit it into my wallet and I'll send you the details.[/quote
typical pikey thing to do tho charge that much to talk to u
haha :-)
THIS IS A JOKE RESPONSE DO NOT GET OFFENDED!
~n00b of all trades~ ~~Airkio~~ ~if im posting on here its cos im in work~ ~Now with a face!~
|

Prophet Jurah
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:18:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Brutor Shaun
Originally by: Moses Mortensen It was mostly just because I was curious... there seems to be a lot of female avaters. But I read some place that there are 95% RL male players and 5% RL female players in EVE. Then it is interesting to note that in the overall game statistics 62% are male players and 38% are female players.. Would be fun to know how many EVE-female avatars and how many EVE-male avatars there are... 
MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls
girl = guy in real life.
|

Ms Rousseau
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:18:00 -
[23]
there's more girls than you think. Not much more, but at least a little. Not all of them want everyone to know their a girl or most don't care enough that they tell everyone. Have you ever been on TS when the unexpected voice of a girl arises? It's sad how a TS full of males reacts and all of a sudden that girl is a director and people toss isk at her, only talk to her and no one else. I mean, i would bet if every other male player stopped trying to get them in bed over the internet it wouldn't be the same.
|

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Tuxedo.
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:23:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Ms Rousseau there's more girls than you think. Not much more, but at least a little.
I think there are -3 girls in eve and by what your saying a little more then there are 0 because o is bigger than -3 
|

sugark
Blackguard Brigade
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:24:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Moses Mortensen Edited by: Moses Mortensen on 24/01/2007 16:58:05 Edited by: Moses Mortensen on 24/01/2007 16:55:24 Does anybody know if there is a corp in EVE that only consists of RL female players? or a corp with only female avaters?
I think one of the reasons there isn't that many female players (yet) is that it is quite difficult to get in to this game if you haven't played a lot of mmo's or computer games before. You need quite a lot of pre-knowledge to not feel completely lost in the beginning! I think the game could benefit with more female players.
But I'm curious - do the male players in EVE want more female players? Because to get more, there would properly have to be some changes in the learning curve, since the female gamers don't have the necessary experience in computer games... yet! (Hopefully the younger generations will! )
Well, I donŠt know of only girls-only corps (For a short time I was looking for one myself but then figured that there is no real point in doing so...) But I would disagree with the statement that it takes a change to the learning-curve of the game to attract female gamers. I did play some games before eve, but not to that extent and certainly not such complex games. But hey - I didnŠt get more discouraged than male players do at the beginning. To be honest I found the remarks on the learning curve and such rather...how to put it...insulting? I think that the reason why there arenŠt too many female players (even though we donŠt really know how many there are - I have met quite a few out of WGoE myself) is that there arenŠt as many people as in the big games anyway. There might be other reasons, but personally I donŠt see them, because girls like a good challenge just as much as guys and not every girl is into pink fluff. Oh, by the way - I wouldnŠt consider myself unusual in the sense of being more geeky than other girls or so. As a matter of fact IŠm terrible with technical stuff, but there is nothing one canŠt learn if you want to 
Thank you Annya Avishnaya for my awesome sig! <3 |

Ace Frehley
Minmatar Dark-Rising Fallen Souls
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:28:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Ace Frehley on 24/01/2007 17:25:17 Where do you place us who plays with a male face but is a lady in RL?
Girljerms is more lethal then a fleet of 1000 Tempests Yeah IŠm nude, IŠm a swede and IŠm armed with bad jokes
http://www.petitiononline.com/titan147/petition.htmlWe wanna know the truth |

sugark
Blackguard Brigade
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:29:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Ms Rousseau Have you ever been on TS when the unexpected voice of a girl arises? It's sad how a TS full of males reacts and all of a sudden that girl is a director and people toss isk at her, only talk to her and no one else. I mean, i would bet if every other male player stopped trying to get them in bed over the internet it wouldn't be the same.
This might happen, but it certainly didnŠt happen to me. I was a manager in my old corp, but IŠd like to think that it was because I showed some dedication and that I could achieve things. It is also a common misconception that girls get hit on all the time and given stuff and such. While this would be possible to achieve if one wanted it to be that way, it isnŠt something that just happens because of the female voice.
Yes, there is a little flirting once in a while but thatŠs more within the boundaries of bantering. Yes, I got offered ISK when I lost ships but from what I could see the guys do that for their male corp members aswell (besides - I stopped accepting such offers. Live and learn from your mistakes. A good lesson hurts your pride and your wallet, so I remember the most painful lessons for the rest of my eve-career, IŠd think )
Thank you Annya Avishnaya for my awesome sig! <3 |

Dust Angel
Harvest System Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:32:00 -
[28]
Iv run across about 10 females playing eve. They run the gaumet, from Directors in BOB (hi QD), to everyday corp members. tbh, just fly casual.
mirel yirrin > "DU HAST VERBROKEN DAS FORUMERN RULEN! DU SWINE!" |

Lowanaera
Amarr 1st Praetorian Guard Vigilia Valeria
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:37:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Ms Rousseau there's more girls than you think. Not much more, but at least a little. Not all of them want everyone to know their a girl or most don't care enough that they tell everyone. Have you ever been on TS when the unexpected voice of a girl arises? It's sad how a TS full of males reacts and all of a sudden that girl is a director and people toss isk at her, only talk to her and no one else. I mean, i would bet if every other male player stopped trying to get them in bed over the internet it wouldn't be the same.
This is the real issue preventing more widespread acceptance of MMOGs among women. Less "omg a gurl! Let's cyber, k?" please. Back when I still played WoW with my fiancee, I couldn't count how many creepy obsessive types professed their undying love for her after a few weeks of hearing her speak on Vent, starting in with the PMs trying to 'get to know her' (i.e. confessing their entire life story and fishing for attention), and acting like she belongs to them (including ****ing matches with the other stalkers). She's wonderful, I certainly love her, but these creeps don't even know her, and it's gotten to the point that she's wanted to just quit the game before and spent a lot of time hiding on alts because these guys are doing the whole "Nobody loves me, I love you even though I don't know you, please say you love me too or I'll go kill myself" thing.
|

Datsun Achura
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 17:41:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Moses Mortensen do the male players in EVE want more female players?
Does a bear s**t in the woods?

|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |