| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

zoltar
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:28:00 -
[1]
OK, I have been around for almost 4 years. I have put up with alot from CCP over the years with no complaints, but this is geting out of control. 30 second to 60 second delay on everything! I have not done a lvl 4 mission for a long time until today, there is no way im going to spend 6 hours killing a few rats that should take me 15 min or take a standing loss, because I accepted the mission. I go to pention it and spend a good 15 min writing a nice mail to CCP and guess what, CTD when I hit the send button!!          
Im not even going to get into the lag in 0.0 with 100 man gangs, hell even 50 man gangs trying to jump or fleet battles....
I have not loged back in and dont plan to for a while.
Anyone as mad or upset about this as me, cry here.
NO I didnt quit and NO you cant have my stuff!
|

Isyel
Minmatar Masuat'aa Matari Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:34:00 -
[2]
No problems here.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Originally by: Wrangler We don't want to discriminate anyone! We want *both* anti-social *and* social players to grief each other!  
|

Cotton Tail
Rage of Angels Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:38:00 -
[3]
You wouldn't happen to be in a system such as... Motsu would you? I havn't had any lag but I havn't been in a hub system like Motsu/Jita. When those systems hit 400+ people I think you can understand why it might be a little laggy.
|

zoltar
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:43:00 -
[4]
Saila, about 120 people there. I think its worse than jita due to everyone running lvl 4's and the thousands of npc's in system.
|

Typhis Deterious
Lonetrek Intergalactic OnliNe Systems
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:43:00 -
[5]
I run a craptastic 1.78 ghz processor, 128 radeon 9600SE, 1 gig of ram and am playing on a very low grade DSL connection (roughly 750k). I only have lag in places like Jita, Motsu, and on a few missions with too much clutter (the level mission with all the asteroid husks, can't recall the name but has cost me 2 ships because of 15-20 second loads).
My system runs well other than that though.
|

Kaar
Art of War Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:48:00 -
[6]
I only read the title.
Leave Jita.
---
---
|

Marquis Dean
Repo Industries
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:52:00 -
[7]
Everyone else seems to be doing ok. Perhaps the problem can be found in either your system, or your ISP/net connection. I was just in Tash Murkon Prime and Amarr, with 200/300 in local respectively, and I had no particular problems. Little delay on stations and gates, but no more than 5 seconds.
------ ------
Originally by: Crag Heyder I'm not talking FPS here, it's SPF.
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:57:00 -
[8]
I've been logging on to monitor markets and change skills all evening. Had no probles whatsoever. My guess is that that OP's connection or computer are overwhelmed. The only thing surprises me is that after 4 years they'd write such a whiney post. Ho hum. -- (Battle hardened industrialist)
[Brackley, UK]
Please don't read this signature. |

Jin Jemai
Caldari Tripod Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 20:59:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Jin Jemai on 28/01/2007 20:56:09
Originally by: Cotton Tail You wouldn't happen to be in a system such as... Motsu would you? I havn't had any lag but I havn't been in a hub system like Motsu/Jita. When those systems hit 400+ people I think you can understand why it might be a little laggy.
Motsu is currently only sitting at 120 people yet it has a 65 second delay for something as simple as removing a module/asset query/stacking a single item. It is unplayable.
As for the people saying "Get out of Jita!!!!111!" etc... how the hell can we do that when the lag is so bad we cannot even undock?
|

James Duar
Merch Industrial We Are Nice Guys
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:00:00 -
[10]
32,000 players has nothing to do with lag in the game. You know why I know this? Because funnily enough, every time a system has a battle with 200 ships aside in it, there's a lot of lag in that system and not anywhere else in EVE.
Conclusion: the nodes can't handle 400 players have a fight in one system.
|

Exiled One
Amarr Imperial Shipment
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:06:00 -
[11]
Have some respect for the OP poster. He was paying for 4 years straight for this god damn game that went down the s-ter back in the 2005.
Enjoy the fun. It's great being Amarr, aint it? |

Joshua Foiritain
Gallente Coreli Corporation Corelum Syndicate
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:10:00 -
[12]
Quite a few lag spikes down in fountain today.  -----
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe] |

Sgt Blade
Cutting Edge Incorporated RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:15:00 -
[13]
no lag whenever i play eve... ever ...
mabey cause i never go to jita  Hypnotic Pelvic Thrusting Level 5 |

zoltar
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:16:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Andrue I've been logging on to monitor markets and change skills all evening. Had no probles whatsoever. My guess is that that OP's connection or computer are overwhelmed. The only thing surprises me is that after 4 years they'd write such a whiney post. Ho hum.
One complaint in 4 years in not bad if you ask me, everyone needs to cry once in a while, not good to keep it bottled up you know.
Its not my connection or my computer, its eve. Let me guess, you work for CCP dont you?
|

zoltar
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:17:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Exiled One Have some respect for the OP poster. He was paying for 4 years straight for this god damn game that went down the s-ter back in the 2005.
Enjoy the fun.
Thank you
|

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:22:00 -
[16]
Hmmmm.. How strange.. I was floating 300km off the Skarkon gate a few days ago in my Buzzard watching all the haulers full of drone ore coming out of the new regions getting picked off one by one in a large warp bubble by no less that 60 ships.. This was at each of the 3 gates in the system.. and not a spot of lag.. even when another allied group of 100ish jumped in as they were passing through on thier way to the wildlands.. Well there was a slight lag spike when they jumped in but it stabilized in seconds.. Must be bad luck or something with some peoples large battles.. 
KALI:Revelations.. The ****znit.. ( FFS ****znit is blocked?! Quit using Babelfish for a blocked word filter engine CCP.. :-p ) |

Fierce Deity
Gallente Hera Star
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:25:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Fierce Deity on 28/01/2007 21:23:16 do you do anything constructive or do you just like paying CCP to post on the forums about how much you dislike this game? 
edit: directed at Exiled One
damn quote is broken **WINE** ------FD------
Recruiting: Hera Star |

Gone'Postal
Minmatar LuthorCorp Combat Division
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:51:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Fierce Deity Edited by: Fierce Deity on 28/01/2007 21:23:16 do you do anything constructive or do you just like paying CCP to post on the forums about how much you dislike this game? 
edit: directed at Exiled One
damn quote is broken **WINE**
Not directed at me, but I still pay in hope that EvE recovers into what it was when I first started.. Smooth playing, it's not really that much a month and I know I'd be kicking myself if I never kept the account active and learning while it's in a state of Non-play for me.
Yes I troll and have takin breaks for that (thanks oh forum gods) but after seeing what eve was and looking at what eve is right now there is a massive diffrence in playability, at least, for me anyways. -------------------------------------------- Welcome to the best slideshow game on Earth! |

Exiled One
Amarr Imperial Shipment
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 21:53:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Fierce Deity Edited by: Fierce Deity on 28/01/2007 21:23:16 do you do anything constructive or do you just like paying CCP to post on the forums about how much you dislike this game? 
edit: directed at Exiled One
damn quote is broken **WINE**
NPCing in syndicate does not involve 100 ships on each side, thus no lag. Now please, **** off.
It's great being Amarr, aint it? |

Einheriar Ulrich
Minmatar FATAL REVELATIONS FATAL Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 22:37:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Einheriar Ulrich on 28/01/2007 22:35:22 I have had weird things happen to me on my accounts..in empire asteroids, ship models, logos following me.
In 0.0 lagspikes..complete freeze, modules not working etc etc....FYI: superpc and con. so i guess...something is wrong either at server our on the way from denmark to england...ohhh and eve-o also acting strange
I once had a sig...it deleted
|

Rhaegar Targarin
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 22:38:00 -
[21]
No lag here, been fine for me all day, but then again, I don't hang out in Jita.
Rhaegar Targarin - Minmatar Combat Pilot |

Araxmas
Black Lance Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 22:40:00 -
[22]
I'm pretty sure that the servers are completely fine. I have no lag, i have no lag when i enter jita. My eve is normal (and no my comp isnt some thousand pound pwn mobile)
--------
|

Cmdr Sy
Repo Industries
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 22:44:00 -
[23]
Originally by: zoltar Im not even going to get into the lag in 0.0 with 100 man gangs, hell even 50 man gangs trying to jump or fleet battles....
I left my last alliance in December 2005, I have looked into the possibility of getting back into all that, including recently, but decided against it. A wasted evening of laggy small gang stuff in Empire is more fun than a wasted evening of a blob slideshow in 0.0. There are a few things these days that I can't / won't do anymore because it's a 50-50 coin-toss whether there is going to be any point in showing up.
Logoffs
|

Infinity Ziona
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 23:19:00 -
[24]
I took a break in November and came back in Jan, and I have noticed a marked increase in Lag over that period. EvE is still playable but I now factor in a greater % chance of dying to lag then I did before.
The Privateering Life |

Mortuus
Minmatar Just-fun
|
Posted - 2007.01.28 23:23:00 -
[25]
I find the areas I live in (Molden Heath low sec and 0.0) work just fine. Maybe its time to leave the kiddy pool.
ex-Occassus Republica <3 |

Heljarsnadi
Elastic Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 00:09:00 -
[26]
No problems here. Leave the hubs.
|

Militis Kolosok
Caldari Praetorian Black Guard
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 00:12:00 -
[27]
Motsu and Saila lag because even though there are only ~100 people in the system, the nod that the system is on may contain other medium population systems, which in combination makes them lag. Also, lag occurs not only due to population but also due to what the population is doing. If the server receives thousands of commands from players in a second, it will lag.
-KolosoK- |

Nir
The Doldrums
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 00:17:00 -
[28]
With increased population and warp to zero now a reality its about time for another warp gate overhaul. No more highways in empire space, more highways connecting central empire regions to 0.0 space.
It would result in trade hubs being far more spread out while travel times to and from empire would not suffer as bad. More balanced load = less lag.
|

H3licon
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 00:53:00 -
[29]
Just learn chinese and go play on .cn server. That's the Eve cluster that is getting love now.
|

Hikari Kobayashi
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 01:33:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Kaar I only read the title.
Leave Jita.
QFT
|

Oisin
Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 01:48:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Hikari Kobayashi
Originally by: Kaar I only read the title.
Leave Jita.
QFT
The OP wasn't in Jita. Reading beyond the title is good, it stops you looking like an idiot.
|

xeom
Veto.
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 01:56:00 -
[32]
leave empire. ---
"Those nuclear missiles are for domestic heating." - Scagga
|

sakana
Purgatorial Janitors Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 02:00:00 -
[33]
the situation is worse than you think, so i reckon you should quit...and i can have your stuff ------------
|

Valrandir
Gallente Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 02:09:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Valrandir on 29/01/2007 02:06:33
Originally by: zoltar OK, I have been around for almost 4 years. I have put up with alot from CCP over the years with no complaints, but this is geting out of control. 30 second to 60 second delay on everything! I have not done a lvl 4 mission for a long time until today, there is no way im going to spend 6 hours killing a few rats that should take me 15 min or take a standing loss, because I accepted the mission. I go to pention it and spend a good 15 min writing a nice mail to CCP and guess what, CTD when I hit the send button!!          
Im not even going to get into the lag in 0.0 with 100 man gangs, hell even 50 man gangs trying to jump or fleet battles....
I have not loged back in and dont plan to for a while.
Anyone as mad or upset about this as me, cry here.
NO I didnt quit and NO you cant have my stuff!
On 34000 pilots online I had no lags at all. - Move out of noob space where solar systems have 600+ pilots inside - Read the dev blogs and such to be aware of how EvE is constantly improving - Stop whining like a clueless mission runner
And now you may self-destruct your capsule 
-------------------------------- This has surpassed the Yarrdware specification and has been dubbed Uberware
|

Sabbatine Cirk
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 02:15:00 -
[35]

For the last time, if your computer uses vacume tubes then yes, you will have lag problems. Me? no i dont even have lag in jita, but my computer is super cool.
|

Jin Jemai
Caldari Tripod Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 02:59:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Sabbatine Cirk

For the last time, if your computer uses vacume tubes then yes, you will have lag problems. Me? no i dont even have lag in jita, but my computer is super cool.
Please explain to us, oh Tech Guru, how a player using an older computer can cause CCP's database to not respond for 60 seconds straight on a continuous basis.
It's not the bloody specs of most people PC's that are the issue. If it was I wouldn't be lag free in Jita but have crippling lag in Motsu which has 1/3rd the amount of players.
|

Arcadia1701
Gallente Federation of Freedom Fighters
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 03:03:00 -
[37]
Lagg ? what lagg, eve has been very stable the past few weeks, i dont even lagg in Jita. Im on 10 meg dsl though.
|

Commander Sten
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 04:36:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Jin Jemai
Originally by: Sabbatine Cirk

For the last time, if your computer uses vacume tubes then yes, you will have lag problems. Me? no i dont even have lag in jita, but my computer is super cool.
Please explain to us, oh Tech Guru, how a player using an older computer can cause CCP's database to not respond for 60 seconds straight on a continuous basis.
It's not the bloody specs of most people PC's that are the issue. If it was I wouldn't be lag free in Jita but have crippling lag in Motsu which has 1/3rd the amount of players.
well it sure isnt CCP, so the problem must lie with that crap computer you have, the lack of knowledge on how to optimize it, or your connection. personally , sounds like your connection.
|

Ariel Dawn
SniggWaffe Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 04:44:00 -
[39]
Move to low-sec. Never lags and is filled with people just waiting to be your friend.
|

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 04:52:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Ariel Dawn Move to low-sec. Never lags and is filled with people just waiting to be your friend.
LOL.. So True.. 
KALI:Revelations.. The ****znit.. ( FFS ****znit is blocked?! Quit using Babelfish for a blocked word filter engine CCP.. :-p ) |

Infinity Ziona
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 05:10:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Ariel Dawn Move to low-sec. Never lags and is filled with people just waiting to be your friend.
Thats a pretty stupid suggestion considering that if people do follow your advice so will the lag....
Also the 'I dont even lag in Jita crowd':
PoP Quiz -
Where does the EvE lag come from?
a) The computers running the client software? b) The client software? c) The Network aka (latency)? d) The Server Software? e) The Server Hardware? f) Alien Space Whale Mating Calls? g) All of the Above? h) A<->E? i) i? j) Your grand-dads **** downloads?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you should stop talking to yourself. The Privateering Life |

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 05:17:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Infinity Ziona
Originally by: Ariel Dawn Also the 'I dont even lag in Jita crowd':
PoP Quiz -
Where does the EvE lag come from?
a) The computers running the client software? b) The client software? c) The Network aka (latency)? d) The Server Software? e) The Server Hardware? f) Alien Space Whale Mating Calls? g) All of the Above? h) A<->E? i) i? j) Your grand-dads **** downloads?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you should stop talking to yourself.
Ermmm ahhh.. What? 
KALI:Revelations.. The ****znit.. ( FFS ****znit is blocked?! Quit using Babelfish for a blocked word filter engine CCP.. :-p )
|

Dark Kavar
Caldari Even-Flow
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 05:50:00 -
[43]
no problems on my end....
Originally by: id rather leave on a good note but I hate my corp and do not want to play with them.
|

Infinity Ziona
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 05:51:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Dred'Pirate Jesus
Originally by: Infinity Ziona
Originally by: Ariel Dawn Also the 'I dont even lag in Jita crowd':
PoP Quiz -
Where does the EvE lag come from?
a) The computers running the client software? b) The client software? c) The Network aka (latency)? d) The Server Software? e) The Server Hardware? f) Alien Space Whale Mating Calls? g) All of the Above? h) A<->E? i) i? j) Your grand-dads **** downloads?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you should stop talking to yourself.
Ermmm ahhh.. What? 
Lag for dummies -> Regardless of whether you have a 10billionmegadoobie connection, a cluster of cray supercomputers and a pink bicycle helmet, you will still get lag cause its not just your pc and your connection. So the people saying they 'Never Lag In Jita' are full of brown gooey stuff. The Privateering Life
|

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 06:02:00 -
[45]
Errmmm What? I've been to Jita on numerous occations and the condition there is hardley worth calling lag.. It's more like I turned up all my GFX card options to max and am having a bit of a stutter on the fps.. nothing serious just not butter smooth anymore.. Is this what all you guys are calling game killing lag? If so then ROFLMAO! 
KALI:Revelations.. The ****znit.. ( FFS ****znit is blocked?! Quit using Babelfish for a blocked word filter engine CCP.. :-p ) |

Infinity Ziona
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 06:12:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Dred'Pirate Jesus Errmmm What? I've been to Jita on numerous occations and the condition there is hardley worth calling lag.. It's more like I turned up all my GFX card options to max and am having a bit of a stutter on the fps.. nothing serious just not butter smooth anymore.. Is this what all you guys are calling game killing lag? If so then ROFLMAO! 
Fine if all your doing is floating around eh? The Privateering Life |

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 06:26:00 -
[47]
Or if I was fighting or whatever I wanted to do I guess.. A bit of stutter is not going to effect any commands I input.. Now if I got the 10 to 90 second client freezes like some claim then yeah I'd be kinda annoyed but all I get is a bit of stutter.. If I click a mod it turns on.. If I move the view it stutters a bit but nothing thats kills the game or even makes it mildly unplayable.. So I dunno.. One thing I do that may make a difference is that every patch I delete eve and download the new version.. I started that after noticing that after patches I'd get the patch day blues like everyone else.. But after deleting eve and reinstalling it I was fine againg for the most part.. 
KALI:Revelations.. The ****znit.. ( FFS ****znit is blocked?! Quit using Babelfish for a blocked word filter engine CCP.. :-p ) |

Nicholai Pestot
Gallente Havoc Inc
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 06:34:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Nicholai Pestot on 29/01/2007 06:31:06 To be fair to the OP, I was having crazy lag down in the arse end of Placid last night.
We may have mutually had the misfortune to be sharing a cluster with a normally empty system that is suddenly seeing plenty of action.
|

Dred'Pirate Jesus
Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 06:44:00 -
[49]
Well I've never denied it happens its just that I wish the people who get this type of problem would be a bit more ahhh.. mature in their posts and replies about it.. Who knows.. maybe if a lag thread made it a few pages with all intelligent and well though out replies with no from the hip blanket statements and charges of ineptitude by arm chair coders against industry proffesionals the Devs just *might* drop in for a quick responce.. 
Oh wait.. Forgot where I was.. 
KALI:Revelations.. The ****znit.. ( FFS ****znit is blocked?! Quit using Babelfish for a blocked word filter engine CCP.. :-p ) |

Hilabana
Minmatar Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 06:50:00 -
[50]
I hate to say this but i think the prob is your computer or may be you need to defrag your hard drive. ? i only have one prob and it has not one thing to do with a lot of player online at one time.
You may need a better internet .
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 08:29:00 -
[51]
Originally by: zoltar
Originally by: Andrue I've been logging on to monitor markets and change skills all evening. Had no probles whatsoever. My guess is that that OP's connection or computer are overwhelmed. The only thing surprises me is that after 4 years they'd write such a whiney post. Ho hum.
One complaint in 4 years in not bad if you ask me, everyone needs to cry once in a while, not good to keep it bottled up you know.
Its not my connection or my computer, its eve. Let me guess, you work for CCP dont you?
Wrong on all but the first statement. Pay a little more for your ISP. It won't fix blob warfare issues but it will fix empire overcrowding issues. -- (Battle hardened industrialist)
[Brackley, UK]
Please don't read this signature. |

hotgirl933
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 08:47:00 -
[52]
no such thing as lag just some delays in bandwidth ( taiwan earthquake broken cables still being felt worldwide) as well as some bugs - patch tomorrow taht should help a lot of issues
|

Calprimus
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 09:16:00 -
[53]
16Mb down stream connection and top notch computer(s). Horrible lag in Motsu/Saila. Saila especially = unplayble on rush hour time.
I'm a mission runner and I like to play in this way.
If I want to play in 0.0 I log on other chars.
The problem is there.
Wine or not wine, thats your choice.
|

Kagura Nikon
Minmatar MASS HOMICIDE FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 09:35:00 -
[54]
Move to 0.0.. no lag at 0.0 unless at fleet battle.
If brute force doesn't solve your problem.. then you are not using enough!! |

CodeR70
Gallente Tranquility Astronautics
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 09:50:00 -
[55]
Originally by: zoltar OK, I have been around for almost 4 years.
I always stop reading after this.
|

Iorya Dragon
Beagle Corp
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 11:00:00 -
[56]
Edited by: Iorya Dragon on 29/01/2007 10:56:34 I recently played a little in empire with another char, and everything was okie, usualy in the system near JITA, and JITA. Yes JITA and Oursulaert are a little laggy, but nothing bad, besides undocking ^^ I ocasionaly have lag sometime in ops in 0.0, but nothing bad, so basicly is from ur ISP, or is PC lag, or many other things.
I am not sure how many know the difrence beetween connection lag, and PC LAG, PC lag if u use this term, is basicly ur computer can handle the game that good, and some ppl scream that is from connections, or the eve server lol
Admin of EVE RO CENTER, Romanian EVE Community.
|

Kerfira
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 11:11:00 -
[57]
Originally by: zoltar Saila, about 120 people there. I think its worse than jita due to everyone running lvl 4's and the thousands of npc's in system.
This explains your problem. Avoid Saila like the plague during peak hours, ESPECIALLY on sundays.
Saila as a system has been far beyond f*cked ever since CCP decided that it should have 3 good Caldari Navy agents in it or in neighboring systems, while at the same time being the transit systems to the two best CN agent systems (Motsu/Aramachi), AND having a newbie base in Laah with all the newbie and skill buyer trafic that involves.
Motsu and Aramachi are generally fine to do your missions in, even during peak hours, but Saila... Since the number of players are generally in the same range, I'd hazard the guess that its the transit traffic that causes the heavy lag....
The patch tomorrow with its restructuring of stargates MIGHT help....
...And to all the noob posters above who talks about Jita... You ain't seen nothing yet where lag is concerned until you've visited Saila.
General advice: Stop whining! |

Fork Boy
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 11:15:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Nicholai Pestot We may have mutually had the misfortune to be sharing a cluster with a normally empty system that is suddenly seeing plenty of action.
In amongst all the total fanboi dross I've come to expect from the ten year olds that inhabit these forums, your post stands out as the shining beacon of common sense! Well done mate.
================================= A fork is a cold, shiny tool To pierce, tear and ingest. Whoever has the fork in hand Controls the meal of their choice. |

Roshan longshot
Gallente Ordos Humanitas
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 12:12:00 -
[59]
OK, here is a solution to your problems....STOP DOING THOSE FRACKING MISSIONS!!!! Every mission ran you said 120, means 120 new pockets, with 120 new spawn types, with 120 new type of items added into that system. WTF do you all expect?
Free-form Professions, ensure no limetations on professions. Be a trader, fighter, industialist, researcher, hunter pirate or mixture of them all.
[i]As read from the original box.
|

Mastin Dragonfly
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 13:05:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Roshan longshot OK, here is a solution to your problems....STOP DOING THOSE FRACKING MISSIONS!!!! Every mission ran you said 120, means 120 new pockets, with 120 new spawn types, with 120 new type of items added into that system. WTF do you all expect?
Or find another agent in a less populated system. I use a lvl 4, Q17 agent in a 0.6 system in Domain. If there's more than a dozen ppl in the system it's a busy day...
|

Ralara
Caldari Perkone
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 13:07:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Jin Jemai Edited by: Jin Jemai on 28/01/2007 20:56:09
Motsu is currently only sitting at 120 people yet it has a 65 second delay for something as simple as removing a module/asset query/stacking a single item. It is unplayable.
Lies, lies, all lies.
Because I was in Motsu at that time last night (8pm-2am) and there was no lag whatsoever. There was a bit of "black screen" whilst undocking but nothing else. Activating moduals was instantaneous and this "6 hours to do a mission" is a load of rubbish as well. I did 4 missions last night, and collected all the loot with my destroyer/tractorbeams and then came back in a hauler to pick up the cans. And I did that from 8-2am so you are speaking rubbish I'm afraid. Stop exaggerating to make your personal situation seem worse than it really is. I am a corp thief. Don't ever let me in your corp, else I'll rob you all. |

GavTheMighty
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 13:47:00 -
[62]
Edited by: GavTheMighty on 29/01/2007 13:47:57 What makes me laugh about these posts are the statements of I never lag so I don't know what your talking about etc......Well ok I'm happy for you but I'm also one of those players that has been around for 4 years or so....and yes I get lag. Sometimes smooth as silk no problems and then sometimes it goes to hell and doing a mission in an area with 60 players seems to make me have huge delay's....
As for people posting about how Uber the computers are that they have or the great connections....well that's really a load of crap sorry but it is it's not always relavent.....
Pentium 4 Duel core 2.6 2 gig's (900 hrz Ram) 320 gig harddrive. 7950 gt Nvidia 512 ram graphics card. 12 meg cable connection.
Like I said sometimes smooth sometimes not I have no performance issue with anyother game I play nor slow down on anyother Online game I play.......what I'm getting at here is that for all the Fan-boy's/Girl's out there....you have to face facts sometimes it is simply at CCP's end the servers can't always handle the load, one system get's over-populated etc etc etc. Nuff said. :)
If I had a solution I would post one truth is I don't but I think it's simply worth noting that we can try at our end as players to make sure the computers, connections etc are all upto scratch but that doesn't mean that CCP shouldn't be doing even more at there end after all it is our money that keeps this game going.
At this point I'm sure there will be a few post's along the lines of Well if you read what CCP are planning for the servers etc etc *Lick Butt* etc etc *we love CCP* etc etc.......fact of the matter is I have heard all the "Great Plans" CCP has for improving the servers etc for years now but none of them have really solved the issues I admit the hardware upgrades improved things but still not to a level I think is acceptable to all that play.
Anway that's just my opinion which I'm sure you will all mostly find worthless lol. But I wish you all the best and happy lag free gaming.
GavTheMighty.
P.S I am in London so I couldn't really get closer to the servers unless I slept with them. :)
|

Kerfira
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 14:10:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Roshan longshot OK, here is a solution to your problems....STOP DOING THOSE FRACKING MISSIONS!!!! Every mission ran you said 120, means 120 new pockets, with 120 new spawn types, with 120 new type of items added into that system. WTF do you all expect?
Ehhh, maybe people expect to play the game they're paying for??
Missioning is part of the game that CCP sells. People have bought the game, are paying their subscriptions, so it is quite reasonable for them to expect to be able to PLAY! If they're not able to do so, it is also quite reasonable to make CCP aware of it....
Stop being a useless fanboi! If you have nothing intelligent to say, you do yourself (and the rest of us) a favor by not saying anything at all.
General advice: Stop whining! |

Losmandy
VENOM72 Sylph Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 14:34:00 -
[64]
Why oh why do players keep saying "get out of Jita" the game should allow us to play wherever we lke.
I am in 0.0 space 30 jumps from Jita and and get lagged to hell and back, ctd by the crapload, so what has Jita got to do with it.
Maybe it will get better some day, and for those that don't get lag maybe you will soon. 
|

Godar Marak
Amarr Return Of Red Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 14:34:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Joshua Foiritain Quite a few lag spikes down in fountain today. 
omglagleavjita! -------------------- '\0/\0/\0/\0/\0/' Cant we all just get along?
|

death2nite
Caldari UMEC Myriad Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 17:25:00 -
[66]
yesterday i got popped in a badger hauling 100 mil out of 0.0 VERY far away from jita. stuck on gate with gate rats hitting me and seeing nothing but (session change already in progress) as i hit the jump button. cant jump cant warp away but i sure was able to pop quite well. the lag is way out of hand and something must be done about it!
|

Exiled One
Amarr Imperial Shipment
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 17:34:00 -
[67]
Originally by: death2nite yesterday i got popped in a badger hauling 100 mil out of 0.0 VERY far away from jita. stuck on gate with gate rats hitting me and seeing nothing but (session change already in progress) as i hit the jump button. cant jump cant warp away but i sure was able to pop quite well. the lag is way out of hand and something must be done about it!
Owned, thats node load for you. And people with " get out of jita " need to shut the feck up. It's great being Amarr, aint it? |

Exiled One
Amarr Imperial Shipment
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 17:34:00 -
[68]
Originally by: death2nite yesterday i got popped in a badger hauling 100 mil out of 0.0 VERY far away from jita. stuck on gate with gate rats hitting me and seeing nothing but (session change already in progress) as i hit the jump button. cant jump cant warp away but i sure was able to pop quite well. the lag is way out of hand and something must be done about it!
Owned, thats node load for you. And people with " get out of jita " need to shut the feck up. It's great being Amarr, aint it? |

Athren Soulsteal
Gallente Intergalaxy Salvage And Repair
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 17:49:00 -
[69]
Gezz.. maybe the fanbois should stop drinking the koolaid.
Ok, not only is the game laggier than ever but I have started getting "cluster is full you are 75 in que" and having to wait 10-30 min to log on not to mention that opening a window especally the market instanly freezes my client while the information is piped to me.
In any MMOG you have to expect a little lag but it is getting really silly and dangerous especally jumping into missions as your client laggs while all the NPCs target and start shooting you.
CCP really needs to add the game show count down music if this is going to be the norm so at that when all the information is finely downloaded you can yell surprise if our not in your pod. Note: for those thinking that lag is only client side, most of the lag on EVE is server side as your client will not respond until all of the information is dumped to it, yet the game goes on regardless of your actions (or lack of). This is the curse of the single sharded system and why only CCP when that way.
Quote: Think about the people that did fight you fairly. Think.... that were honorable and helped you out in times of need. Those are the real heroes of EVE.
I wish I could fit all the Quote |

Dave White
Beagle Corp
|
Posted - 2007.01.29 17:51:00 -
[70]
What's this lag you speak of?
EvE +NLINE - T+TALHELLDEATH SUPPORTER My post bla bla my view bla no way corp or alliance bla reflection bla bla. |

Nim9i5
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 02:02:00 -
[71]
why doesnt ccp upgrade so they can have 30,000 in one system? They make at least 1 mil from subscribtion a month. it cant really be that complex of equations or amount of equations to process.
|

Nim9i5
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 02:03:00 -
[72]
btw the lag that ****es me off most is when I am buying things off market 
|

ghosttr
Amarr The Department of Resource Control
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 02:16:00 -
[73]
Edited by: ghosttr on 02/02/2007 02:13:08 I run a core 2 computer with a 12mbit connection, and i never hit lag during normal gameplay, i can fly in and out of jist without any lag to speak of, the only time lag ever becomes a problem is with the market lag, or doing contracts, or looking through my assets, which all seem to be tied to the same system, which for me has been the only source (of steadily increasing lag). I dont believe that that main source of the lag problem if your having system lag is CCP, but instead your connection speed/computer setup, and that ccp cannot fix for you.
To be fair though i have gotten minutes worth of lag trying to open up the cha , now if we could repackage and stack items at the cha , i think that would reduce a whole bunch of lag. And whatever is slowing down my market, it hasnt gotten much love from the server update as far as i can tell, its still as slow as ever for a short while after the gtg bms were deleted we had a speed increase, but it got back to its slow old self soon thereafter. FIX OUR DESTROYERS! |

Dra0cht
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 02:46:00 -
[74]
Join BoD (band of developers) everything will be officially perfect then 
|

oDDiTy V2
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 02:49:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Nim9i5 why doesnt ccp upgrade so they can have 30,000 in one system? They make at least 1 mil from subscribtion a month. it cant really be that complex of equations or amount of equations to process.
If only life were like that. 
|

Taedrin
Gallente The Last Ravens
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 03:38:00 -
[76]
How about CCP just programs the nodes so that they just start randomly banning people from the game for 24 hours whenever they start getting sluggish? That'd get rid of the lag problems... Or better yet! Log-in/jump queues!
Let me just warn you, that there are ways for CCP to fix this problem, but none of you would be happy with any of them.
|

M3ta
Amarr Southern Cross Incorporated
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 04:20:00 -
[77]
Hardware upgrades will NOT do miracles on a Microsoft SQL Server that -simply put- can not handle it.
Actually - considering that CCP even uses RAMSAN - MSSQL's performance is really, utterly.. pathetic.
The only solution is a decent SQL like Oracle, Postgres or DB2.
Microsoft might be "oh so cool" with DX10 bells and whistles, but databases were never, are not, and never will be their territory.
A very bad planning since the start, as this was bound to happen.
------------------------------ loose != lose you're != your it's != its (CCP, fix Moa) they're != there != their hanger != hangar rouge != rogue then != than (CCP, fix POS defense tab) |

hotgirl933
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 04:22:00 -
[78]
and yet we continue to see CCP use microsoft me thinks is that they are locked in for a while so wont be changing and will just be squeezing what they can out of it
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |