| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Emperor D'Hoffryn
No Quarter. C0VEN
|
Posted - 2007.03.27 19:39:00 -
[61]
We need more cargo room, not less. Industrials are already becoming useless thanks to freighters and carriers and dreads.
this is one mod that does not need stacking nerf.
Originally by: Snuggly It's just so great to have an actual reason to not die, incentive is fantastic!
|

Sutiru Haruto
Aurora Medical Systems
|
Posted - 2007.03.27 21:53:00 -
[62]
Just because people fit a lot of expanders doesn't mean it's "overpowered". Overpowered as the whiners describe it is the ability to kill easily while being extremely difficult to kill. Examples, ECM, nano, and arguably NOS (tho I'm on the fence with most of these personally.)
Expanders on the other hand give no PVP advantage. They give no "power" and so by definition can't be overpowered.
Additionally, when people say "Just train the raven!" for L4 missions, they mean train for months upon months to have all the skills required to fly one well. When people say "Just train the Iteron V!" there's really only one skill to train. It's not really an apples to apples comparison. If you think the IttyV is "overpowered" or unbalanced, it's not very much effort to train one yourself.
Then you will be better than all other haulers...an "uber-hauler" if you will. You will pwnz0r all the other haulers with your 1337 hauling ski11z!!1!eleventy-one!
If I didn't know better, I'd say there's more than a little bit of sarcasm in the OP. But as he's since proceeded to make an arse of himself, I'm gonna conclude that he's just a bit soft in the noggin.
|

Shayla Sh'inlux
The Black Rabbits Fatal Persuasion
|
Posted - 2007.03.27 22:18:00 -
[63]
Just pointing out that the Gallentean industrials that are not the mark V are all completely crap. A Mark IV gets outperformed by a Hoarder.
The price of having a huge tier 5 hauler is having crap tier 1-4 haulers (well the mark III is ok, but still not a badger II).
As pointed out Caldari have the biggest freighter. Amarr have the biggest (or at least used to have) Transport, Gallente has the biggest regular hauler. Minmatar have the Mammoth which is the best bang-for-training-time buck you're gonna get hauler-wise.
It's called diversity and I don't see the problem. Apparently the OP is the only one who does tho, so don't expect a change :-)
Discussing moderation is a no-no- Tirg |

madaluap
Gallente Mercenary Forces Exquisite Malevolence
|
Posted - 2007.03.27 22:35:00 -
[64]
Best easy to train for hauler is the mammoth. It can move most stuff of all lvl 4 haulers. Having lvl 5 hauler means you need to invest a lot into them. _________________________________________________ Breetime
A killmail!11!1 omgrawr: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA |

Alekzander
Caldari Rampage Eternal Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2007.03.28 00:09:00 -
[65]
Let me tell you something about haulers. Caldari haulers are THE most survivable haulers I have flown in the past three years, I trained caldari industrial to five and own a bustard and crane. My bustard has survived nine gank attempts, with no WCS fitted. It tanks like ebil h4x polaris ships (ok not really), my crane is so speedy and has plenty of mids to do speed/tanking with.
As to the tech 1 versions, the b1/b2 may not hold much but if you fill those mids with extenders they will hitpoint tank long enough for concord to show up. They are also quite speedy even when expanders are fitted.
Now you may be thinking I'm biased, but I have 2 alts, one with minmatar transports and one with gallente transports. Out of all the haulers I've flown over the time, I would hands down take my crane and bustard over all of them. They are damn good haulers, even though the gallente ones can hold rediculous amounts of cargo, I'd rather do more runs in the ships that I know would take the beating and still get out. Granted I have been very lucky but I swear by caldari's uber shiny Industrials. 
|

Ethaet
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 08:37:00 -
[66]
Iteron 5 can have a great shield tank, it has 5 midslots, plus 5 lows for armour or cargo expanders. The iteron 1-4 suck though (exception of the iteron 3) so its the price you pay.
|

Qui Shon
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 09:29:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Akita T
By the way, can I ask WHAT the heck do you even need a HUGE carry capacity for ?
Umm, for the ore? Isn't that obvious?
|

Steryana
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 10:28:00 -
[68]
Edited by: Steryana on 25/05/2007 10:27:32 Edited by: Steryana on 25/05/2007 10:27:06 Edited by: Steryana on 25/05/2007 10:26:48
The man is calling for a stacking nerf to expanders to make ALL our lives tougher?!?! I say we each war dec him.
Stacking nerfs mean less percentages over all, for everyone. I'm not sure which school allowed you in their doors, but they mustn't have done much for you, Battlecheese, 'cause you're becoming a road-block here.
I love my Raven, so I trained Caldari BS up to level 5. I like moving as much as possible, so I trained Gallente Industrials up to level 5. Seeing as how I did both, quite easily, without having to change my race, I don't see the argument.
If you LIKE Cadari soooooo much, stick to the confines of the race. If you don't, change or adjust accordingly.
I don't like the looks of some Caldari ships - nor some of the drone bays; shall I post to make those the same, too?
I'm starting to believe that "Battlecheese" = "Carebear Whine and Cheese."
Expect a war dec.
|

Zelakil
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 14:30:00 -
[69]
My friend I HAVE THE SOLUTION!
from this time forward:
Frigate = 10x10x10 meter black cube. Cruiser = 50x50x50 meter black cube. Battleship = 100x100x100 meter black cube.
All other ship classes inherit from parent class, tech 2 ships come in gold, covert ops are completely invisible.
All faction ships come in the shape of the starship Enterprise NCC-1701D.
Rails = beam lasers = artillery.
Autocannons = pulse lasers = blasters.
Missiles have been changed to photon torpedos.
Every ship now has identical statistics based on the natural log according to size.
In addition, you now have a targeting reticle and the ability to point your "phaser" out the window and fire. The letters AWSD&Z control ship's movement.
Races have been replaced by the choice of:
Sulu Scottie Spock Checkov Bones
James T. Kirk not available due to his unforunate level of superiority and the resulting imbalance in player characters.
Web site and forum changes:
Implementation of new technology identifying useless and otherwise sub-sapien conversation pieces in order to filter forum posts to weed out the inevitable, but expected...
Almost forgot:
You will be rewarded 100Million isk for every hour spent on the game and your cargo hold will equal 1/10th of your ship's volume.
|

Sc0rpion
Minmatar MetaForge Ekliptika
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 14:53:00 -
[70]
Show of hands...how many people have ever flown or fought against a battle Badger? How about a battle Iteron?
'nuff said.
The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously. -Friedrich Nietzsche
Killmails are for pooftas. |

n'yleth
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 15:01:00 -
[71]
Originally by: Battlecheese
Originally by: hydraSlav How about a factor of infinity?
mumble divide by 0 is undefined, not infinity
But this is all getting off the topic a bit. Why aren't cargo expanders stacking-nerfed? and is anyone attempting to defend the velocity handicap as effective?
Hi Cheese! 
Cargo expanders aren't stacking nerfed because most of us can't afford a freak'in freighter. The ability to solo-haul while still having the ability to solo-mine is quite useful. It's an impossibly time-oriented skill, which nets you an equaly impossibly superior ship. Continuing on, caldari have the worst indusrtial, but the best frieghter. So the Iterven 5 is more for people looking for short-term/low volume mining, while Caldari industrial is for serious haulers.
The underlying issue, however, about stacking nerf, I completely disagree with. We stacking nerfed combat modules so people wouldn't just get 5-8 of one mod, and completely devestate at that type of combat (ruin'in diversity, a key concept in eve-cology). Industrials are ONLY good for hauling. I'm training Iterven for 16 days. Don't take away my l33t mining op. Please don't make me hire a hauler. Those guys all smell funny.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |