| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Razor 5
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 03:29:59 -
[1] - Quote
I have 4 accounts and have been away for more than 2 years.
I logged into the "Alpha" clone to look around and see how the game is. I am unable to find the Color Theme section in the general settings?
I am not color blind. However; I have color related vision problems. I need to set my UI with the correct colors and shades or I am unable to play.
I submitted a ticket 3 days ago, but of course no reply.
Have they taken the ability to change the color theme's of the UI out of the game?
Before I actually pay real money. I want to see the basics of the game again and see how they feel. I sure hope not. If they did, they just lost my accounts. Also; I have talked the game up to some friends who are now interested in giving it a try. As you can see this creates a problem. Most likely, we will find other games to play if I cannot sort out the color settings.
Any help would be appreciated.
|

Ralph King-Griffin
Devils Rejects 666 The Devil's Warrior Alliance
19129
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 03:32:02 -
[2] - Quote
The RGB sliders are gone and you're left with the preset's only. You're not the first person to bring this up either.
We're Back in Business ,
have your very own Meeny Faced Bastards on call today
=]|[=
|

Specia1 K
State War Academy Caldari State
174
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 05:23:31 -
[3] - Quote
who needs window blur, when you have beer!
edit hope you find a preset that lets you play ok. |

Minmatar Citizen 1934010909
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 05:34:53 -
[4] - Quote
Presets worked for me man. No issues on my end. |

Matthias Ancaladron
Hedion University Amarr Empire
2
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 05:52:09 -
[5] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:The RGB sliders are gone and you're left with the preset's only. You're not the first person to bring this up either. He's also referring to the fact alpha clones are limited to the black theme "dark matter" only and can't use any of the presets either If you go to the alpha account and into the settings the entire right side of the menu where the themes were are just gone. It's completely blank and doesn't even list dark matter. |

Matthias Ancaladron
Hedion University Amarr Empire
2
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 05:52:57 -
[6] - Quote
Minmatar Citizen 1934010909 wrote:Presets worked for me man. No issues on my end.  Alpha clones don't get presets |

Matthias Ancaladron
Hedion University Amarr Empire
2
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 05:55:25 -
[7] - Quote
Razor 5 wrote:I have 4 accounts and have been away for more than 2 years.
I logged into the "Alpha" clone to look around and see how the game is. I am unable to find the Color Theme section in the general settings?
I am not color blind. However; I have color related vision problems. I need to set my UI with the correct colors and shades or I am unable to play.
I submitted a ticket 3 days ago, but of course no reply.
Have they taken the ability to change the color theme's of the UI out of the game?
Before I actually pay real money. I want to see the basics of the game again and see how they feel. I sure hope not. If they did, they just lost my accounts. Also; I have talked the game up to some friends who are now interested in giving it a try. As you can see this creates a problem. Most likely, we will find other games to play if I cannot sort out the color settings.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry but yes they did. As I typed in the replies above alpha clones only get the black theme you'll have to wait for them to get to your ticket, they're getting a lot of tickets for login issues after the update on the 15th |

Razor 5
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 14:35:46 -
[8] - Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone. Very helpful indeed. I guess they miss out on the money from my 4 potential Omega's and friends who I thought may enjoy the game.
I will keep and eye on things and see if they turn those settings options back on.
I understand when going free to play they want to streamline and balance the game. I good with that....
But taking away something as simple as changing colors in your UI?
What the hell does that do?
Hope some devs see this and put the pipe down...
Thanks again. |

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
20033
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 17:31:05 -
[9] - Quote
If only pipe....
I suspect its something stronger. 
Every part of a game helps to tell a story. =ƒôò =ƒÜÇ
Where is Angry CONCORD guy when you need him.
GëíGïüGëí GÖÑ
|

Dyllan Ybrex
Sanguis Inceptum
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.19 18:22:47 -
[10] - Quote
Razor 5 wrote:But taking away something as simple as changing colors in your UI?
What the hell does that do?
Thanks again.
I imagine they are trying to incentivize people to Omega up, the problem is they are new to the f2p game, and haven't taken all cases into account on certain incentives, like UI and various color based vision problems, for instance.
I hope they take it seriously, as it is the case that the devil is in the details.
|

Kiera Nai
COLT. Lan'Tean Empire
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.20 20:36:03 -
[11] - Quote
Dyllan Ybrex wrote:
I imagine they are trying to incentivize people to Omega up, the problem is they are new to the f2p game, and haven't taken all cases into account on certain incentives, like UI and various color based vision problems, for instance.
I hope they take it seriously, as it is the case that the devil is in the details.
Trying to incentivize it? Because not being able to use the majority of the items available in the game isn't incentive enough. :P |

Rhea Rankin Nolen
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
57
|
Posted - 2016.11.20 22:31:01 -
[12] - Quote
Yeah the UI color theme cut-out for alphas is a really cheap move by CCP.
I was so used to blue UI (think it was blue pearl), only to learn i can't make my UI prettier as alpha account. Overall the whole UI is gone to toilet compared to what we had before, especially with the latest skill window update.
Kinda disappointed. |

Velarra
543
|
Posted - 2016.11.21 00:13:10 -
[13] - Quote
If the eve UI genuinely took into account people who're color blind and provided them with options in the UI to address weakness in the viewing of some colors, it'd be rather helpful.
https://nei.nih.gov/health/color_blindness/facts_about |

Krima Sumyungi
Perkone Caldari State
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 04:13:27 -
[14] - Quote
As an Alpha currently, 'm absolutely fine with the limits they have on Alpha accounts game wise, but removing UI color settings unless you pay up? That's the kind of pettiness I expect from EAware, not CCP. |

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
1014
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 10:46:00 -
[15] - Quote
Hmm had access to the colour presets on my accounts when I loaded them up again as alpha - since used ISK to PLEX and convert them to omega so can't prove it :S I know coz 2 accounts loaded up on dark matter and one loaded up with a blue theme and I changed it to dark matter and then checked what the others were using. Weird.
Long past time the game had settings for people who are colour blind though - so many games these days do and its fairly obvious one - not that I've really looked into what the game has to accommodate people who are as I'm not colour blind myself. |

Kolodi Ramal
Sanxing
256
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 11:25:45 -
[16] - Quote
+3 for colorblindness accommodation. |

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc. LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
1109
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 11:41:48 -
[17] - Quote
Id love to see at least a few options. Perhaps racials plus the black and a color blind option should be enough. Thats 6 options instead of all of them. Then have the rest greyed out like the Omega skills list. It has more incentive to upgrade if you know what your missing out on but still SOME choice.
Have you heard anything I've said?
You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?
That's right.
Had to end sometime.
|

Memphis Baas
2333
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 15:02:46 -
[18] - Quote
Alphas are restricted to the dark grey color scheme, and they don't have any color choices listed in the control panel. |

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
8030
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 15:33:10 -
[19] - Quote
This one boggles my mind a bit. UI colour schemes should be part and parcel of any good set of graphics options, just like screen rez or texture settings. Colour settings aren't a balancing issue, and they should be available for alphas. Other than "to encourage people to sub", for which there is a tonne of other stuff already, I can't think of a good reason for this. It's kinda dumb tbh.
GÇ£Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'.
Jam those ones first, and kill them last.GÇ¥
- Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104
|

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
475
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 15:43:52 -
[20] - Quote
http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/c/color_blindness/stats-country.htm
Just under 4000 color-blind people in the whole country. Not really a wonder they don't take them in to account when making decisions.
I doubt it's maliciousness, just a matter of awareness.
--Gadget
Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist
|

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
475
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 15:45:18 -
[21] - Quote
Blargh... double post.
ISD, remove please. Flagging.
Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist
|

mkint
1245
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 15:52:38 -
[22] - Quote
You'd think since the UI in the game is so abysmally terrible, they'd give people, especially the rookies, the best opportunity possible to make it not suck. After being away from the game a while and coming back, I strongly suspect the UI alone helps wreck the game's retention rates.
Maxim 34: If you're leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
|

Mightylink
North Star Line
0
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 16:16:39 -
[23] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:The RGB sliders are gone and you're left with the preset's only. You're not the first person to bring this up either. I don't even see the presets, the only option in that whole tab is to set the transperency, I see no caldari or gallente or any other themes to select. |

Yarosara Ruil
Haighare Pirates
704
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 16:26:12 -
[24] - Quote
Alpha clones can't fly Guristas ships or use Guristas Neocom colors. And that's terrible. |

Cristl
513
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 18:33:46 -
[25] - Quote
Alphas have restricted UI colours?! Well that is ridiculous, I'm sure we can get that changed. |

Tryaz
Improvised Tactics
110
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 19:22:58 -
[26] - Quote
I've just found this out for myself and I have to say I'm more than a little annoyed. What the hell CCP? I would NEVER and I mean NEVER consider subscribing to a game just to access color options on the UI. The exclusion of it however is something that just makes this game poorer. Ascension and the inclusion of the Alpha state has been an overwhelmingly positive move in my humble opinion. This petty decision about UI color is a sad stain on this expansion for me. #noonecares2016
Narrator of Chronicles of New Eden, the EVE audiobook series. Listen at www.soundcloud.com/chroniclesofneweden
|

Jaxon Grylls
Institute of Archaeology
158
|
Posted - 2016.11.23 20:03:17 -
[27] - Quote
It's not just people suffering with colour-blindness. It really is anyone with a sensory impairment. I'm a lot older than many here and my eyesight is not as good as it once was and I too find a lot of the UI hard to read. For example when hovering over an item in your cargo hold you get white text on a darker ground for the description but a mid-grey text on the dark background for the estimated price. That's hard for me to see and in fact I didn't notice it was there for a while.
See, unlike the devs. we aren't all 20 somethings and our sight and hearing may not be as good as they once were, and anything that makes it hard to use the UI is not a very nice thing to have to cope with. |

Krima Sumyungi
Perkone Caldari State
1
|
Posted - 2016.11.24 10:42:20 -
[28] - Quote
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/c/color_blindness/stats-country.htm
Just under 4000 color-blind people in the whole country. Not really a wonder they don't take them in to account when making decisions.
I doubt it's maliciousness, just a matter of awareness.
--Gadget That shows 3.5 million people just in the U.S. alone have color blindness. If they only did business in Iceland, then maybe they'd have the excuse "they didn't know". But they do business in multiple countries across the globe. To claim they don't know is to basically claim their incompetent. |

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
477
|
Posted - 2016.11.24 13:36:11 -
[29] - Quote
Krima Sumyungi wrote:Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/c/color_blindness/stats-country.htm
Just under 4000 color-blind people in the whole country. Not really a wonder they don't take them in to account when making decisions.
I doubt it's maliciousness, just a matter of awareness.
--Gadget That shows 3.5 million people just in the U.S. alone have color blindness. If they only did business in Iceland, then maybe they'd have the excuse "they didn't know". But they do business in multiple countries across the globe. To claim they don't know is to basically claim they're incompetent.
They're a bunch of *IT mooks and code monkeys with a storyteller and a few artists thrown in, not savvy corporate ambassadors of world spanning conglomerates. They may have access to an economist or two, but which employee or consultant is the global social scientist. Unless that happens to be some employee's random undergrad, I doubt they have one on tap.
Incompetent isn't the correct word, inexperienced would be. And that's fine. They can learn... or sub to Omega Business People once they have enough ISK to PLEX. 
--Gadget
*Said with all the respect for those in the industry. Thanks for doing what I don't enjoy.
Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist
|

Salvos Rhoska
1599
|
Posted - 2016.11.24 15:31:11 -
[30] - Quote
Perhaps its an oversight.
Perhaps they intend to sell UI themes somewhere down the line.
Perhaps you can mess around with your monitor and or gfx card game profile settings to make the UI more viisible to you?
PvE v PvP
Selling CODE licenses! 9.99mil isk!
Bid for unique CODE neon edition special agent certificate!
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |