| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

The Chamberlain
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 11:43:00 -
[1]
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=30258
Maybe this is all old news - but it was the first time I've heard it.
Fly safe,
The Chamberlain
|

Heliocon
Infinitus Odium The Church.
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 11:52:00 -
[2]
news to me. I hope not though i was really hyped up  [/url] |

Andromada Fearless
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 12:20:00 -
[3]
And that explains why there was no mention of a date in the Keynote speeches at Fanfest
|

Phoenix Lord
The Arrow Project Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 12:21:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Phoenix Lord on 05/11/2007 12:21:09 not surprising to me, but hell first week of december actually sounds good to me. i was expecting even later than that lol
EDIT: notice the first week of dec is 1 day, and is on the last week of nov? :o _____
|

LaVista Vista
Corporate Research And Production Pty Ltd Zzz
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 12:25:00 -
[5]
I was under the impression that trinity was due to 28th november.
|

Phoenix Lord
The Arrow Project Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 12:28:00 -
[6]
whered ya hear that? O_o _____
|

N Ano
Red Dwarf Mining Corporation space weaponry and trade
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 12:48:00 -
[7]
yeah i had the impression of 28th of nov too but first week of dec sounds good to me (then i get holidays to play DROOOOOOL) /me gets a towel New Lame convo from eve coming soon tm |

Paulo Damarr
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 13:47:00 -
[8]
I hope this isn't true because its sucks if a 3rd party website gets informed before the player base does.
Originally by: MOTOK0 A bit like the second coming of jesus only with screaming and tears and whine threads.
|

b0ing
Sequential Digits
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 14:12:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Paulo Damarr
I hope this isn't true because its sucks if a 3rd party website gets informed before the player base does.
No it doesn't. Think about it. It is good marketing and PR. Who do you think will be most interested in hearing news about the actual release date of the next expansion? The current EVE players, of course. Therefore we will flock to that page, and some of us will bookmark it. I am sure they paid their price to be chosen by CCP as the first (or one of the first) website(s) to sport that advertisement. For releasing the news on other sites that pay for it, CCP gets money, we still get our news, just 30 seconds later than if it was announced on the official eve website first, and the 3rd party site gets more traffic.
Win-win-win.
|

Reuben Snjente
Ichthus Industries
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 14:24:00 -
[10]
Well, the bit that stood out to me was:
Quote: and in-game voice communication software Eve Voice will also become free to use.
If they separate it from the client, so when EVE goes down it won't, I might even start to use it over Ventrilo.
Ichthus Industries - Empire manufacturing & hauling services. |

Sixtina KL
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 14:27:00 -
[11]
Translation: the CCP crew is doing the NaNoWriMo and they don't have time to finish the patch until them.
CCP, can we read your stories after they are finished?  __________________________________
|

James Lyrus
Lyrus Associates M. PIRE
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 15:06:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Reuben Snjente Well, the bit that stood out to me was:
Quote: and in-game voice communication software Eve Voice will also become free to use.
If they separate it from the client, so when EVE goes down it won't, I might even start to use it over Ventrilo.
From the eve-voice thingy. No, it won't, but it's on the to-do list. What you can do with voice now, is fleet integrate it, and do funky stuff like talk to subgroups (e.g. wings) in your fleet. And a few other things which are cool and froody. -- Crane needs more grid 249km locking? GMP and TNP |

Threv Echandari
Caldari Dragons Of Redemption Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 15:14:00 -
[13]
This "Eve was only overtaken on a single server number by Second Life earlier in the year"
Beat by Second life?!?!?! Oh the ignominy of it.
|

Sixtina KL
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 15:17:00 -
[14]
So it's official: the EVE population is outnumbered by furries. __________________________________
|

Baleur
Miners In Barges Free Trade Zone.
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 15:52:00 -
[15]
"CEO Hilmar Petursson also announced that the company was working on building one of Europe's biggest supercomputers in order to eliminate lag from the game's most populated regions."
Surely this cant be right? Other supercomputers work on dna stuff, curing diseases and working out how the universe works. This one is gonna help ppl buy a battleship in Jita. The pure lol of it..
------------------------- This post represents my entire alliance views and opinions. Not.. ;( |

Presidente Gallente
Pirate Hunters Inc Exa Nation
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 15:54:00 -
[16]
Can't wait to get super-nerfed!
:-(((
Pres G +++ JOIN PAP +++ |

Ishina Fel
Caldari Synergy. Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:00:00 -
[17]
Originally by: La Vista and various people I was under the impression that trinity was due to 28th november.
Last week of November == First week of December
therefore
November 28th == First week of December
However: Remember, they usually release big expansions on Tuesdays. November 28th is a Wednesday. What I /think/ will happen is that we will get the expansion on the first Tuesday following November 28th, which is the 4th of December.
The Nov 28 date was more or less a claim made by a slightly inebriated Oveur on EVE-TV, during the Tournament, and thus likely a projected release date. And everybody knows that projected dates are hardly ever achieved. I see "first week of december" as a very good news!
Buff room for large link addresses in sigs plz :( |

Presidente Gallente
Pirate Hunters Inc Exa Nation
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:09:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Presidente Gallente on 05/11/2007 16:09:14
Originally by: LaVista Vista I was under the impression that trinity was due to 28th november.
Beware of beeing fuddy-duddy!
+++ JOIN PAP +++ |

Kw4h
Dragon's Rage Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:36:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Paulo Damarr
I hope this isn't true because its sucks if a 3rd party website gets informed before the player base does.
Corpie of mine who went to the fanfest confirmed it to me. Apparantly it was mentioned there. _ Planet Sight Wallpaper - EvE map |

Verone
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:40:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Baleur "CEO Hilmar Petursson also announced that the company was working on building one of Europe's biggest supercomputers in order to eliminate lag from the game's most populated regions."
Surely this cant be right? Other supercomputers work on dna stuff, curing diseases and working out how the universe works. This one is gonna help ppl buy a battleship in Jita. The pure lol of it..
No, it's correct... wait for the keynote to be avaiable on Eve-TV's site.
He speaks about the ability to use a supercomputer to inprove eve's scalability and effectively distribute all the tasks that TQ has to do without creating large bottlenecks like we have now.
If what he's saying gets put into process, it's probably going to solve or minimise a LOT of the problems in Eve.
Apparently they're working alongside IBM and several other companies to make it a possibility.
>>> TRIBUTE TO A FALLEN WINGMAN <<<
|

Tarminic
Forsaken Resistance
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:45:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Verone
Originally by: Baleur "CEO Hilmar Petursson also announced that the company was working on building one of Europe's biggest supercomputers in order to eliminate lag from the game's most populated regions."
Surely this cant be right? Other supercomputers work on dna stuff, curing diseases and working out how the universe works. This one is gonna help ppl buy a battleship in Jita. The pure lol of it..
No, it's correct... wait for the keynote to be avaiable on Eve-TV's site.
He speaks about the ability to use a supercomputer to inprove eve's scalability and effectively distribute all the tasks that TQ has to do without creating large bottlenecks like we have now.
If what he's saying gets put into process, it's probably going to solve or minimise a LOT of the problems in Eve.
Apparently they're working alongside IBM and several other companies to make it a possibility.
Oh man, the Computer Scientist in me is very excited about this. ---------------- Tarminic - 29 Million SP in pink Forum Warfare  |

Johnathan Roark
Caldari Quantum Industries Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:47:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Paulo Damarr
I hope this isn't true because its sucks if a 3rd party website gets informed before the player base does.
If you read the article they said they got this info at Fanfest. One of the slides Helmar showed said Nov 27 which makes since as CCP likes to patch on Tuesdays. I'd expect to see it either Nov 27 or Dec 4.
Corporation Management Improvement |
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:48:00 -
[23]
EVE Online: Trinity will be released this year, I believe we're still aiming for a November release. This has been released before and I haven't heard of any changes to it.
Wrangler Community Manager EVE Online, CCP Games Email/Netfang
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." |
|

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 16:49:00 -
[24]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler EVE Online: Trinity will be released this year, I believe we're still aiming for a November release.
I love how you've added that since last time 
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Sleepkevert
Rionnag Alba Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 17:02:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones
Originally by: CCP Wrangler EVE Online: Trinity will be released this year, I believe we're still aiming for a November release.
I love how you've added that since last time 
I see what he did there... _______
Sign my sig |

Baleur
Miners In Barges Free Trade Zone.
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 17:06:00 -
[26]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler EVE Online: Trinity will be released this year, I believe we're still aiming for a November release. This has been released before and I haven't heard of any changes to it.
Okay nice, so to round it up we can expect Trinity anytime from now to December 4 or something :) Its good enough for me m8. Thanks for keeping us updated 
------------------------- This post represents my entire alliance views and opinions. Not.. ;( |

Shevar
Minmatar A.W.M Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 17:16:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones
Originally by: CCP Wrangler EVE Online: Trinity will be released this year, I believe we're still aiming for a November release.
I love how you've added that since last time 
It has been this year while aiming for November now for a month or so.
I really expected better from a solid forum whore like you.
Anyways release dates are made to be broken imho. And quite frankly looking at CCP's track record I'm sure they will fully agree with that statement (actually I would guess 90% of the developers would agree with that statement). ---
-The only real drug problem is scoring real good drugs |

Sheriff Jones
Amarr Please Enter Password
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 17:18:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 05/11/2007 17:20:33
Originally by: Shevar It has been this year while aiming for November now for a month or so.
I really expected better from a solid forum ***** like you.
First, going around the forum language filter with code is naughty.
Second, you missed the joke by about 2AU.
It used to be without the "believe" part.
Third, i'm not a ***** 
My opinions represent the opinions of my corporation completely. I'm the CEO damnit. |

Tarminic
Forsaken Resistance
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 17:20:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Shevar Anyways release dates are made to be broken imho. And quite frankly looking at CCP's track record I'm sure they will fully agree with that statement (actually I would guess 90% of the developers would agree with that statement).
This is true with pretty much all software development actually. We try.  ---------------- Tarminic - 29 Million SP in pink Forum Warfare  |

Shevar
Minmatar A.W.M Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2007.11.05 17:37:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Sheriff Jones Edited by: Sheriff Jones on 05/11/2007 17:20:33
Originally by: Shevar It has been this year while aiming for November now for a month or so.
I really expected better from a solid forum ***** like you.
First, going around the forum language filter with code is naughty.
Second, you missed the joke by about 2AU.
It used to be without the "believe" part.
Third, i'm not a ***** 
Awww fail by me, but yeah you are right about the believe part. But since it was changed to a releasedate that said winter instead of a November that kinda did already meant it was a guess :).
And no you aren't a ***** but you most definably are a forumwhore first class. ---
-The only real drug problem is scoring real good drugs |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |