| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Leora Nomen
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 03:02:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Ren Surkova
Originally by: Brianna Tempest You're all a bunch of wusses. Who is to say that a female can't be hot, play eve, and love shopping and flowers at the same time? I pod all my kills, btw.
maybe, but if they were hot why would they advertise that they were female in eve? they can probably get all the attention they want from a far less creepy source than internet spaceship sausagefest land
For one thing it stops people from refering to you as 'he' all the time. Even if you play a female character they still do it. If you are a guy and play a male character and your friends in game would refer to you as 'she' all the time i'm sure you'd tell them that you're a 'he' in fact without trying to advertise anything.
guide to game time codes |

Dafuzz
Gallente Evolution Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 03:13:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Brianna Tempest You're all a bunch of wusses. Who is to say that a female can't be hot, play eve, and love shopping and flowers at the same time?
I pod all my kills, btw.
I am hot, I play eve, love shopping and flowers too.
I am a male tho.
-Dfz
PS: I pod too
--
-If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullets.. |

Shakalakahiki
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 03:20:00 -
[33]
Anyone have any suggestions on what would bring in more girls?
|

Val Vympel
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 03:47:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Leora Nomen
For one thing it stops people from refering to you as 'he' all the time. Even if you play a female character they still do it. If you are a guy and play a male character and your friends in game would refer to you as 'she' all the time i'm sure you'd tell them that you're a 'he' in fact without trying to advertise anything.
I gently correct any player that assumes that I am a gender other than what my portrait displays. It doesn't bother me when it happens.
I am particularly fond of being called "dude" I usually ask that the player interject "ette" as a suffix next time.
"Hey Bro" is another favorite.
I prefer not to know the "true" gender of player.If I know and it is different from what their portrait displays I still tend to address them according to what I see in their portrait anyway.
I would like to commend the male population of EVE. I have played for 6 months and have never been disrespected because of my gender or had to deal with anything vulgar or sexually innappropriate.
Thanks "GUYS"
|

Nachshon
Caldari Gradient Electus Matari
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 03:53:00 -
[35]
I know quite a few girls in EVE. Evanda Char, Elsebeth Rhiannon, Sonja Dragooran... we have quite a few women in EM. And one of them - Eva - is our leader. ____________________________________ Caldari by birth, Minmatar by citizenship.
The True Meaning of Freedom |

Leora Nomen
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 05:52:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Shakalakahiki Anyone have any suggestions on what would bring in more girls?
introduce malls and shopping ... and make it a pvp activity too  oh wait, i think you were looking for a serious answer :P check this out: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/000432.php The Daedalus Project has some surveys posted on mmorpgs and some of these show what factors make men and women want to play, what exactly interests them in the game. Since so few girls play EVE I would suppose it just doesn't give them what they are looking for in an mmorpg.
guide to game time codes |

Mini Puce
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 06:23:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Mini Puce on 16/11/2007 06:23:00 ghayz are considered as female?
|

Bryg Philomena
Green Lantern Corps
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 06:30:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Val Vympel I don't make gender assumptions when I converse with other players,I find it rather irrelevant. It is the quality of the player that I care about
Cheers
QFT. I am like this too. I know a lot of female players. And they are some of the most fun people. Except one, she was FC for CLS and did an amazing amount of POS sitting.
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Am I reading this correctly? You claim you have a bug that undresses female avatars???
Your signature image exceeds the maximum allowed filesize of 24000 bytes -Sahwoolo Etoophie |

ZerKar
Caldari Zen'Tar
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 09:07:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Shakalakahiki What could we do to make it more appealing to the female audience? (nintendogs aside)
Make a Pink Ship damnit! Well just kidding, though my friend would love that lol. Honestly, I think just more socail interaction other than beating eachother over the head with weapons tends to be a turn on for us of the fairer sex so this next big revolution to the gaming experience should help.
I guess if I had to say the one major thing that draws some of us as it is, it is that you are rarely really hit on or given all those lovely loser one-liners thanks to being so many boy-girls LOL. Honestly, I find it very amusing seeing the boys playing girls and even more so if they are making an honest RP attempt to act like one (though Gods not in a stereotypical "girly" fashion I hope, unless it really BURNS someone you just killed, then it is funny.). +++++++++++++++ I saw the Sign...!
O.o |

Gold Rogers
Solitude Empires United Freemen Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 09:41:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Leora Nomen
Originally by: Shakalakahiki Anyone have any suggestions on what would bring in more girls?
introduce malls and shopping ... and make it a pvp activity too 
I can see it now
"Your handbag back hand slap strike for a wrecking 600 damage"
ZOMG NERF HANDBAGS!!!! ---------
|

Cursus Publicus
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 09:49:00 -
[41]
Spaceship MMO + girls really does not compute. The game would need more socialization that feels personal instead of just ships communicating to eachother. Some deeper character customization might help too.
According to other MMOs I could say that roleplaying servers/posisbility to roleplay well attracts the female population to some extent too. Or at least it seems like there'd be more people on those servers who at least claim to be female.  |

N1fty
Amarr Galactic Shipyards Inc HUZZAH FEDERATION
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:00:00 -
[42]
I know several different kinds of female Eve players. One is a total yarr pirate who will blow you up without question, I must say she scares me.
Then theres this other one who has a corp of alt-miners, loves nothing better than chewing on veldspar all day and building ships. Wouldn't hurt a fly, although she does ask others to that for her.
And then theres one kind of imbetween those two enjoys to pvp, enjoys a bit of ratting, and generally acts like your average pvp player. Although she does a mean Celestis with which you do NOT want to ****.
So to sum up, I don't think you can lump women into a group and say what they are interested in. Mostly it seems they like to blow stuff up or chew on a roid like the rest of Eve. ============================================
Reload all with <AmmoType> |

duffmantt
Dragonian Freelancers KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:10:00 -
[43]
Some of the nicest players ive met in Eve are girls. Also, Dj Xyliana anyone? 
Any Devs who sign below are officially cool. |

The Herrick
Gallente Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:13:00 -
[44]
I feel sorry for all those that are gonna get hundreds of convo invites when they next log in now. Unless of course they enjoy the attention.
|

duffmantt
Dragonian Freelancers KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:16:00 -
[45]
Quote: get hundreds of convo invites when they next log in now. Unless of course they enjoy the attention.
Oh, i forgot to mention. I'm a girl and im sat astride my thorax wearing little pink panties.
Any Devs who sign below are officially cool. |

Gold Rogers
Solitude Empires United Freemen Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:28:00 -
[46]
Originally by: duffmantt
Oh, i forgot to mention. I'm a Guy In Real Life and im sat astride my thorax wearing little pink panties.
Fixed it for you. ---------
|

Lexiana Del'Amore
Gallente Nouvelle Rouvenor
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:32:00 -
[47]
i'm looking forward to the walking in stations part as it will give me something other to do than run missions. The industry side of eve does not interest me much and each time ive done some pew pew and killed somebody ive given them a donation to buy a new ship and fittings as i feel bad about it
|

duffmantt
Dragonian Freelancers KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:36:00 -
[48]
Quote: The industry side of eve does not interest me much and each time ive done some pew pew and killed somebody ive given them a donation to buy a new ship and fittings as i feel bad about it
Thats the great thing about Eve, you just play as you want to play. Im fully into pew pew but, hell, im really looking forward to ambulation. Vareity is the spice of life and i'd love to go on an op then mess around in stations for a few hours drinking in a bar with my friends (and enemies).
Any Devs who sign below are officially cool. |

SoftRevolution
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 10:38:00 -
[49]
Edited by: SoftRevolution on 16/11/2007 10:39:48 EVE feels really antisocial when you start playing. There's little or no reason to group up to do any of the low level PVE stuff. I think fixing that in combination with the ambulation stuff and faction warfare (i.e. moar ingame fiction and social stuff) would probably take care of a lot of the more stereotypical reasons why EVE is unappealing to women.
Mind you, most of the girls I know who game I met playing Planetside which was a glorified FPS. Not sure how social and friendly that game was really. Despite claims otherwise I'm sure most of them just liked shooting people in the facebones.
Interestingly I've had the same responses from the couple of people I've tried to get interested in EVE regardless of gender - that it's repetitive, that there is too much travelling and that the amount of time it takes to be able to do anything worthwhile is far too long. EVE RELATED CONTENT |

Fuazzole
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 12:34:00 -
[50]
It's like the perv! thread.
People should realy think about it before they post the names and personal details (gender) of others.
|

benzss
Templar Securities and Holdings Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 12:39:00 -
[51]
I successfully got my girlfriend to play eve a couple of months ago, and she still plays.
I think I win this thread.
|

Cypherous
Minmatar Liberty Rogues Namtz'aar k'in
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 12:47:00 -
[52]
I've known a number of female EVE players over my time in EVE, all very nice people some who have shot me and some who i've shot, just treat them like you would everyone else :) ---------
Liberty Rogues Website
|

duffmantt
Dragonian Freelancers KIA Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 12:47:00 -
[53]
My mum started playing eve on release and she got me to join. I think i win (she doesnt play anymore sadly)
Any Devs who sign below are officially cool. |

xRazoRx
The xDEATHx Squadron Legion of xXDEATHXx
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:20:00 -
[54]
I can confirm that there are 3 (three) girls in my corporation.
|

Dr Paithos
Minmatar Republic Deep Space Institute
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:25:00 -
[55]
I can confirm that if you're a girl playing eve and get smacked about it (happens often) the most hilarious thing to do is pretend you're a *** guy and it's turning you on
Originally by: RedFall How dare you try to argue my point with your so called "evidence". I don't need any, I have truthiness on my side.
|

Obidom Jax
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:27:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Brianna Tempest You're all a bunch of wusses. Who is to say that a female can't be hot, play eve, and love shopping and flowers at the same time?
I pod all my kills, btw.
Now why cant i meet a woman just like this? 
Maybe we should start an Eve Speed dating, everyone turns up in pods to be safe (then see how long it takes for someone to gatecrash and start podding!!)
|

Kalahari Wayrest
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:29:00 -
[57]
Quote: So to sum up, I don't think you can lump women into a group and say what they are interested in.
Sense! __________________________ Indulge Me Consider Yourself Indulged - Immy ♥ Wow immy scored - Xorus
|

NoobALTS
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:30:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Tarminic EVE's female population is about 5%, so based on accounts that would be approximately 10,000 ladies.
And how many of these were actually born female?
|

Dr Paithos
Minmatar Republic Deep Space Institute
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:32:00 -
[59]
Originally by: NoobALTS
Originally by: Tarminic EVE's female population is about 5%, so based on accounts that would be approximately 10,000 ladies.
And how many of these were actually born female?
All except your mum 
Originally by: RedFall How dare you try to argue my point with your so called "evidence". I don't need any, I have truthiness on my side.
|

The Herrick
Gallente Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.11.16 13:33:00 -
[60]
I'd rather not think about that
Anyway I think most of us agree that while girls lack that floppy thing they're just the same as the rest of EvE.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |