| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 11:57:00 -
[1]
I've been playing EVE for just over 4 months now (+- 4,5mil SP). I've been working towards acquiring a Raven for what felt like 2 years. Up until yesterday I've been using a Drake to successfully complete all Level 3 Agent Missions Solo. Eventually, yesterday I was able to purchase a RAVEN for the first time. Everyone new to EVE can imagine how excited I was. I equipped my ship, and immediately set out to find the lowest Level 4 agent (quality -18).
I'm still suffering from shock of what happened to me. This was my first ever death in EVE. I know DEATH IS SUPPOSED TO COME TO US ALL, but I'm still not sure how it all went down. I accepted the mission, warped to the location, and 30 seconds later my pod was floating in space. The total value of my loss was approx. R 190 Mil ISK, and to top it all, I only insured my ship for 50%. What a complete idiot I am.
I had two warp core stabilizers equipped, but was still unable to warp away from the onslaught. Why would this be?
Can someone please tell me if level 4 missions are supposed to be done in a group, or can you actually do them solo?
I now have no decent ship (Ibis), only 54 mil ISK insurance payout, and have to literally start over again. I am so unmotivated.....
I guess I should stop complaining, and get back to fighting pirates again. I suppose I should buy a Drake again, and slowly work my way up to 190 MIL ISK again.
ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO DONATE A RAVEN?????
|

Wet Ferret
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:06:00 -
[2]
54 mil is plenty isk to get a Drake and fully T1 fit it. Should be able to insure it, as well.
Anyway. What mission was it? All of them are soloable but some are pretty tough.
|

Iluminat
Minmatar WASTELAND MINERS Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:12:00 -
[3]
Two warp core stabilizers equipped? You need to fit your ship to kill  Not to run away you Punk. Feel lucky 
|

Artryder Anui
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:17:00 -
[4]
Mission: Recon (1 of 3) Location: Paara 1 - Spacelane Patrol Logistics Support Agent: Penolaanen Kokka
|

Arrs Grazznic
Poena Executive Solutions
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:29:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Artryder I had two warp core stabilizers equipped, but was still unable to warp away from the onslaught.
This is part of your problem... Can you please share the rest of your fit so we can make some suggestions? Also, which faction were yuo facing (i.e. Gurista, etc.)?
Cheers, Arrs
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:39:00 -
[6]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I
|

Joshua Deakin
Gallente The Phalanx Expeditionary Conglomerate Blue Sky Consortium
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:39:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Joshua Deakin on 11/01/2008 12:45:10 Recon against for example Angels, is a pretty hard one, especially the first room. Aprox. 1000 dps if you can't kill them as they appear. And with 4.5mil sp and probably not a very optimized T1 setup, it's no suprise you got yourself killed.
I suggest you to read and prepare better for the next time. http://eve-survival.org/missions/
Edit: and by looking at your setup, it's no wonder you had no chance of surviving the mission. It fails in so many areas that I don't have the energy to guide you ahead. I'd suggest also reading the gazillion threads about "Raven for lvl4 missions"... 
Edit2: you know there's also an "edit" button to add/correct your posts? -------------------------------------------------
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:41:00 -
[8]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Myyona
Minmatar Thukker Mix
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:44:00 -
[9]
You were doing Recon - Part 1?
That one I normally complete in shuttles (seriously)
Don't fight the NPC's and go straight for the gate. None of the initial rats can hit or catch a shuttle.
Part 2 you can complete in a shuttle as well.
Part 3 requires some heavy tanking and speed though.
It should be noted that after entering the first stage of Recon - Part 1 rats will start to spawn on a timer. If you wait too long they might become too much for you to handle.
|

Joshua Deakin
Gallente The Phalanx Expeditionary Conglomerate Blue Sky Consortium
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:46:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Myyona You were doing Recon - Part 1? That one I normally complete in shuttles (seriously)
All NPC's must go! And besides, there are lot's of good bounties on that stage, I say kill em all! -------------------------------------------------
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:48:00 -
[11]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Myyona
Minmatar Thukker Mix
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:48:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
What the...?
Please got to the Ships and Modules forum to get some help on a setup.
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:50:00 -
[13]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:52:00 -
[14]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Joshua Deakin
Gallente The Phalanx Expeditionary Conglomerate Blue Sky Consortium
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:55:00 -
[15]
Oh god... please stop. Once is enough... The "post reply" is not a "WARP DAMMIT!" button. -------------------------------------------------
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 12:59:00 -
[16]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Teralya
Minmatar Ninmu Seijaku Legionnaire Services Ltd.
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:01:00 -
[17]
Maybe he wants to torture us with posting this great fit over and over again?  ------------------
Never argue with idiots! They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
A Night with PvP Basics |

Arrs Grazznic
Poena Executive Solutions
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:02:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
OK... I see a few problems here...
First of all, you are mixing shield and armour tanking, but in quite an unusual way. You have armour hardeners but no armour repairer and a shield booster, but no shield hardeners. Basically you are receiving the full force of the attack. I suggest that you look up on how to shield tank correctly, and look at which shield hardeners you should fit against which NPCs.
I would strongly suggest not fitting ECM of any kind in high-sec missions. There is just no need and they block a mid-slot that can be used to improve your cap, your shield or your damage (painters, webbers).
Also, I would recommend you ditch the WCS. If you are worried about getting warp scrambled, identify those ships that will scam you and shoot them first.
The TB and salvager are optional. I'd suggest having a second ship dedicated for looting (a destroyer is pretty decent) and use the high slots for something that will improve your damage output or improve you tank (i.e. guns, drone range mod, NOS, auto targeting, etc.).
Finally regarding fittings, you may also want to reconsider some of your rigs.
There are many suggestions on fitting Ravens for L4 missions, and in fact there is a 25 page thread on that topic on the first page of the missions forum! I suggest that you spend some time looking over these to get an idea of what you should be fitting.
Once you know how to set up your Raven, have a look at http://eve-survival.org/ to see what each mission has in store for you. This will provide tips on how to run each mission, as well as on what damage to tank against and which damage to deal.
Finally, learn to control room agro. Don't just go in and blast at anything. Wait until you get agro and then only soot back at what shoots you, unless you feel you can tank the whole room.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Arrs
|

Arrs Grazznic
Poena Executive Solutions
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:05:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Joshua Deakin Oh god... please stop. Once is enough... The "post reply" is not a "WARP DAMMIT!" button.
LOL. I now have coffee stains on my monitor.
Cheers, Arrs
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:16:00 -
[20]
My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Zaqar
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:20:00 -
[21]
WE KNOW
|

Arrs Grazznic
Poena Executive Solutions
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:21:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
[snip]
Yes, we know.
Cheers, Arrs
|

Joshua Deakin
Gallente The Phalanx Expeditionary Conglomerate Blue Sky Consortium
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:23:00 -
[23]
Did he warp yet? -------------------------------------------------
|

Teralya
Minmatar Ninmu Seijaku Legionnaire Services Ltd.
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:35:00 -
[24]
What was the setup you used on your Raven?  ------------------
Never argue with idiots! They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
A Night with PvP Basics |

Greenwing
SuX ltd. Rare Faction
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 13:44:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following: ..
Thnx for making your fitting so clear ! 
Some comments :
1 Don't mix shield and armor tank (shield is better on a mission Raven as you will have space to fit damage mods) 2 Don't mix active and passive tank (and don't use a passive tank on a Raven) 3 use shield hardners 4 Don't use ecm as it doesn't really help you fight in missions. 5 Take 5 small and 5 med drones with you (small for frigs, meds for everything else) 6 Get info about your mission and fit rat-specific harners ( e.g. here
And if you start with missions it's better to fly with somebody from your corp/friend so you can learn the missions pretty safe.
|

Durzel
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 14:12:00 -
[26]
Funny thread.
I guess this is an abject lesson about how not to get into a Raven so early. Everything I've read has basically advised to train up for battleships properly - i.e. get in them when your skills are ready for it.
I've had a Drake sat in dry dock for the past 2 weeks, been dying to fly it (been in my only other ship - a Cormorant), but not desperate enough to lose it through over-confidence.
If I was buying a Raven and had already ran level 3s in a Drake I would be tempted to at least try the Raven in a level 3 or two to get an almost risk-free feel for how different it is to the Drake in terms of survivability, DPS, etc. Just jumping into a Raven and assuming level 4s are a walk in the park is a pretty big mistake to make.
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 14:32:00 -
[27]
Sorry guys for the repeated post. I assure you it was not done on purpose. I left my computer momentarily, and my son decided to have some fun.
Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate it.
|

Brokk Su
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 14:41:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Brokk Su on 11/01/2008 14:42:11
Originally by: Artryder Sorry guys for the repeated post. I assure you it was not done on purpose. I left my computer momentarily, and my son decided to have some fun.
Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate it.
Kudos to your son! He made me laugh! |

Gcuz
Caldari Roid Humpers Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 15:08:00 -
[29]
Edited by: Gcuz on 11/01/2008 15:10:05 Edited by: Gcuz on 11/01/2008 15:09:04 Artryder,
Beyond looking into the MANY posts on proper fitting for a mission Raven, I would suggest getting into a good mission running corp or find a few pilots that are willing to take you under their wing for a bit.
That way you can learn without all the pain. That and once you've proven yourself, most good corps are more than willing to help out with ships and fittings.
*Edit - My superior spelling skills strike again!! <sigh>
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 15:10:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Andrue on 11/01/2008 15:11:59 Losing your ship is not 'death' - it's just inconvenient and costly.
Only podding is 'death' and NPCs don't do that. Actually even podding isn't really death as long as you have an up to date clone.
Anyway as regards running L4 solo - sure. It's very possible. Loads of people do it all the time. You need T2 equipment as a minimum and you need to know what you're doing. Once you get onto faction gear and gain experience you will face almost no risk as long as you don't get careless.
Even then some ships like the Nighthawk are damn-near indistructable as far as missions are concerned. Typically, though, high-survivability comes at the price of not running missions as quickly and therefore lower income.
Equipment requires Isk but experience can be free. We often take our noobs into L4 missions when we know we can control the aggro. That way they can learn trigger ships and strategies with little or no risk. They also get a share in the bounties and mission rewards. -- (Battle hardened industrialist)
[Brackley, UK]
My budgie can say "ploppy bottom". You have been warned. |

Lprezidente
Minmatar Personal Vendetta
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 15:30:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Lprezidente on 11/01/2008 15:31:14 A more than adequate set up is ** Use T2 where you can, otherwise best named**
H 6 x arby cruise launchers 1 x TB 1 x empty, put something else here, (i fly CNR so i do not have an empty slot due to the xtra launcher)
M 1 x X-Large shield booster 1 x shield boost amp 4 x race shield hardeners (check eve survival guide for mission rats and damage dealt and received)
L 3 x ballistic control units 2 x power diagnostic units
RIGS
3 x capacitor control circuits
|

Ulstan
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 16:00:00 -
[32]
Quote: My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
No offense, but that's a terrible, terrible, terrible fit. I don't know if you could complete L3's in that thing.
Your hi slots are fine, every single other module needs to be replaced.
The best advice I can give is to go to the Ships and Modules forum, look for the "Ships setup index" sticky at the top and spend several hours reading all the different caldari battleship setup threads to get an idea what 'normal' fittings are. There are many different combinations you can use to successfully run L4 missions.
Your set up is not one of them.
|

Sandeep
Raptus Regaliter
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 16:05:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Artryder Sorry guys for the repeated post. I assure you it was not done on purpose. I left my computer momentarily, and my son decided to have some fun.
Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate it.
1. Edit all of your duplicate posts and just blank the content out
2a. Lprezidente's setup suggestion sounds good. However, I would not start using Arbalest yet because they are about 15 mil a piece. Use Malkuth first so your next loss won't hurt too badly.
2b. Swap a BCS for PDS. It helps cap a bit more, and is not penalized for stacking.
-----
|

Traska Gannel
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 16:30:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Traska Gannel on 11/01/2008 16:33:26 Edited by: Traska Gannel on 11/01/2008 16:32:06 Hi there,
I think the main problem is in the fitting you have chosen. A Raven is not a drake and does not passive tank well - it does not have resistance bonuses. An earlier poster put up what I consider the "standard" fitting for a Raven without explaining it - so I'll add a little explanation.
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I
"Standard" Raven fitting:
HIGH: 6x Cruise missile launcher (best you can fit/buy) 2 other modules - I like to use 1 x Drone Link Augmentor which extends the maximum drone range by 20km and either 1 x Heavy NOS (best usable) or 1 x turret just for a little extra damage A tractor and salvager are ok if you want to loot and salvage as the mission progresses but I come back with a dedicated loot/salvage ship when the mission is complete.
MID:
A raven is usually considered a shield tank ship because a) It has more shields than armour b) It has more mid slots than low slots
You need reasonable shield skills. Also, since the Raven has no innate shield resistances it needs shield hardeners to help. Shield extenders offer additional shield but a 50% resistance effectively doubles the entire shield hit points vs the specific damage type. You can find out what damage to expect in any mission using the in game browser and www.eve-survival.org - kill mission survival guide. Also the mission description tells you the type of pirates. The typical damage done by those pirates is something every mission runner needs to know.
Standard mid slots:
1 XL shield booster 1 shield boost amplifier 2 pirate specific primary damage active hardeners (T2 or better preferred) 1 pirate specific secondary damage active hardener 1 invulnerability field (useful in missions doing multiple damage types)
The invulnerability field could be swapped out for an afterburner, sensor booster or other situation dependent module - depending on the mission.
LOWS:
In a Raven the low slots are usually used to augment the damage and tank.
2 or 3 x BCS - Ballistic control systems - these improve BOTH damage and rate of fire for launchers giving a big boost to damage. Even with stacking penalties the 3rd BCS still gives at least a 10% cumulative increase to total damage from launchers.
2 or 3 x PDS - power diagnostic systems - these increase total shield, cap and shield and cap regeneration as well as overall powergrid. They are just generally useful for a shield tanking, cap intensive setup.
RIGS:
The "standard" rigs could be considered CCC's - capacitor control circuits - each increasing the cap regen. Cap is used for both the booster and the active hardeners and the shield tank is heavily capacitor reliant - so anything that increases the capacitor capability is good. Other choices will work too.
Finally, some general comments, never fit ECM modules for mission running - pirates aren't affected the same way as players. Don't use armour hardeners on a shield tank - if you are worried fit a damage control unit instead - much more effective and helps the shield a little (remember to turn it on!). Don't fit a Warp core stabilizer it cuts range by 50% and greatly increases lock time. Choose drones for a mission that do the appropriate damage for the pirates. Choose missiles that match the weakness of the pirates. A medium shield booster is too small for the amount of damage dealt in level 4 missions.
Hope that helps!
|

Greenwing
SuX ltd. Rare Faction
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 17:40:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Andrue Edited by: Andrue on 11/01/2008 15:11:59 Anyway as regards running L4 solo - sure. It's very possible. Loads of people do it all the time. You need T2 equipment as a minimum and you need to know what you're doing.
With standard T1 equipment you can also do any mission, it's the last part of your sentence which is most important, know what you are doing. As long as you don't know that you will loose a ship once in a while.
|

Zo5o
Gallente Longcat is Long
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 18:21:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I
This is now copypasta.
|

Yuleth Gix
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 19:19:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Yuleth Gix on 11/01/2008 19:19:12
Originally by: Sandeep
Originally by: Artryder Sorry guys for the repeated post. I assure you it was not done on purpose. I left my computer momentarily, and my son decided to have some fun.
Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate it.
1. Edit all of your duplicate posts and just blank the content out
2a. Lprezidente's setup suggestion sounds good. However, I would not start using Arbalest yet because they are about 15 mil a piece. Use Malkuth first so your next loss won't hurt too badly.
2b. Swap a BCS for PDS. It helps cap a bit more, and is not penalized for stacking.
Rebuttal
1. NO NO NO why would you have him edit out all those wondeful posts. I almost choked laughing at them :)
|

Checkis Khan
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 21:12:00 -
[38]
May I suggest to you (and to all other new players out there) to not go directly to a level 4 mission, "just" because you got what you thought was a better ship.
If you were doing L3 missions in a Drake, why would you then have assumed that you could do a L4 mission, "just" because you got a Raven?
It would be wiser to have taken some L3 missions in your raven, to get to know it, to test the differences from what you were used to.
Targetting takes longer in a bigger ship Ship turns slower You take more damage from large missiles in a bigger ship Your resistances were for sure different Your drake most likely had better gear than this raven
All in all, many reasons to try things out slowly, ... in your case, actually 190 million reasons.
FYI - A Raven does not mean you are safer in missions than your Drake You "might" be able to deal more damage, (were your cruise skills as high as your heavies were?)
I have tried a small variety of Battleships on L4 missions, but none seems for me to work as well as my Drake setup. I have still not been in a L4 mission I can't solo in my Drake. (I have ~24M SP, and have sone L4 for over a year now)
Hint on Recon (1 of 3) is to approach the gate, and as soon as you spawn the first wave, align to a station, with a more-or-less clear field for rats, and get ready to warp if you feel in trouble. Always get rid of the little buggers (webber/scrambler-frigs) - not only do they die in a single salvo or two, they are also dps as long as they live. (So are all rats)
|

Checkis Khan
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 21:15:00 -
[39]
Also, a suggestion to surviving missions, would be using sites such as http://www.eveinfo.com/ (I grant you, "Recon" is not on this DB list - but it is discussed in the forums there)
|

Daanika
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 21:18:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Iluminat Two warp core stabilizers equipped? You need to fit your ship to kill  Not to run away you Punk. Feel lucky 
Quote of the Week!
|

Vikarion
Caldari United Heavens
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 00:44:00 -
[41]
As a person new to EvE, and to level 4s in particular, I think I have a unique viewpoint on this...
First, what others said about your fitting is correct. You do need to fit a proper shield tank.
Skill-wise, it is very possible to run level 4s at low skill point amounts, I myself only have 3.7 million, and I can run most L4s with no trouble. I have no special talent, however: I simply prepare well.
Before I ran a single level 4 mission, I read many, many articles about how to shield tank, I ran a truly disgusting amount of level 3 missions, made my mistakes with a much less expensive ship, and generally got to know the ins and outs of staying alive.
Every ship has a "feel" to it, which is generally how well it performs under stress. Get to know your ship before you baptize it in fire. Also, be able to afford losing it.
You need, above everything else, caution without stupidity, and a good amount of SP in both missiles and shield/cap skills. By "good", I mean a bare minimum of rank 3 in all relevant skills.
Using straight t1 modules is a no-no. Period. Named are ok, although t2 is standard and faction is sweet. (Literally! Have you ever had a faction shield booster on toast? Delicious!) But you don't NEED t2 gear...it just makes things much easier and less risky.
Run about 3-4 missions with a corp mate until you get a good idea on what you're up against. This will save your life. There is nothing like experience.
I use CrumpleCorn(tm) Sigs, because they (and he) are awesome! |

The Djego
Minmatar FORTES FORTUNA ADIUVAT CORP. The Dawn of Darkness
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 13:57:00 -
[42]
Edited by: The Djego on 12/01/2008 13:58:36 Reacon against Angels. As I done it 2 Weeks ago I was realy suprised I allmost got the style I played Missions a year ago. I managed to speedtank it with my Domi but it was still a hard one since I was unalbe to kill the spawns in time before the next ones arived.
At the beginning of Level 4 Missions you have to be very carefull with a BS and a avoid some of the harder Missins, with better skills and propper Fitting you can start give them a try, prefere to do them in a team when you run this Missions the first time.
Missions to avoid in the beginning:
- Pirate Slaugter - Worlds Collide - The Assault - Atack of the Drones(The Mission is not that hard itself but a Mistake can spawn you a untankable amout of DPS real quick) - Silence the Informat(again not that hard in general but can be preaty mean if you do something wrong like shooting the Sentrys first) - Reacon - Mordus Headhunters(also not that hard but 2. Stage can get ugly if you draw full aggro in the start) - Damsel in Distress
Also read the Mission guides and what kind of Hardners you need for the Mission. Try the Raven Fittings here, read the other Fitting threads and test a bit for finding the setup that suits you. ---- Nerf Tank - Boost Gank!
Originally by: Jonny JoJo
425 II In PVE? Surely hybrid users use Blaster in PvE.
   |

Thiefy McBackstab
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 17:09:00 -
[43]
Edited by: Thiefy McBackstab on 12/01/2008 17:12:30 Wow... When I first did l4 missions I lost my maelstrom on the third mission :( I admit I had crap skills and a terrible build but I've gotten better! (malestrom and raven pretty much same shield tank build) The one I am using now acually lets me tank pretty much everything afk since it's cap stable.
However, without decent skills yours won't be.
Highs: Raveny, stuff. Doesn't matter Meds: XL Best Named (unless you can use t2, but it only reps every 5seconds) Shield Amp x2 Three Rat Specific Hardeners Lows: x4 Cap Power Relays (Yes! I know this decreases shield boost, but I still get around 700-900 boost) Damage mod
Rigs CCC x3
Runs missions great, but I trained tank way before gank. Still working on that.
Hmm, oops wrong character, oh well
|

marie claude
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 06:06:00 -
[44]
hahaha recon 1/3 first two run in a shuttle get in get out get paid #3 skip it or tank up your shield pack a dc2 as well in case it gets to structure fit an ab and cap injector xl shield boost and the rest invuls t2 if u got em,lows all pdu and dc2
trinity = EPIC FAIL |

Steyr Daghan
thx for all the fish Minuit.
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 11:15:00 -
[45]
Edited by: Steyr Daghan on 13/01/2008 11:15:49
Originally by: Myyona
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
What the...?
Please got to the Ships and Modules forum to get some help on a setup.
/Signed
That's possibly the worst raven mission-setup I have seen. Ever.
EDIT: Spelling only.
|

Steyr Daghan
thx for all the fish Minuit.
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 11:18:00 -
[46]
No, I thought about it and I was wrong.
That was without the shadow of a doubt the worst Raven mission-seup I have ever seen or heard about. It should get some kind of award.
|

Calshim
Monty Python's Ministry of Stupidity
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 05:00:00 -
[47]
That setup was a joke right ? it was wasn't it ? it HAD to be a joke ?
If it's not a joke then well I don't really know what to say it's just so wrong on so many levels.
Only 1 way to go with a Raven setup
All T2 / Faction or best named isk permitting.
Hi's 6 x Cruise Launchers 1 x Tractor ( for the go fetch and bring back missions) 1 x Empty / Whatever Loot/Salvage with another ship at the end of the mission if you must, Cormorant is ideal for this.
Mid's
1 x XL SB 1 x Shield Boost Amplifier 4 x Rat specific active hardeners
Low's
2/3 x BCU 2/3 x PDU
Switch to 2 PDU's / 3 BCU's as skills permit.
Rigs
3 x CCC
-----------------------------------------------
Welcome to EvE, where the School of Hard Knocks comes for (it's) Education. |

Chantal DeWinter
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 07:54:00 -
[48]
It seems, whatever dropped and had a shade of blue or purple went into this Raven setup.
Fitting a ship in Eve needs some "reading" and "understanding" prior of "levelling up".
Besides the three-letter-name - eve has nothing to do with the Evil "W-Word"
|

Gadawan
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 08:56:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Gadawan on 14/01/2008 08:58:08
Originally by: Andrue Edited by: Andrue on 11/01/2008 15:11:59 Anyway as regards running L4 solo - sure. It's very possible. Loads of people do it all the time. You need T2 equipment as a minimum and you need to know what you're doing.
I don't know about the Raven but the only T2 items on my Abaddon for lvl 4's are 4x cap recharger II's and 2x HS II's. I have no problems during the missions, my tank runs permanently even with MF crystals and I hardly ever need to warp out. (though I got killed yesterday 'cause I decided to try a new fitting on, by change, the same 'recon 1/3' mission that I had done without problems earlier the same day)
I've only got about 6,5m SP and been running these since about 4m. I have BS5. all gunnery skills at 4 (gunnery and small energy turret 5), average cap and mechanics skills.
T2 will of course make it a lot more efficient once I get there, but you don't need a T2 fit to run them well.
I just read the mission info from a site (can't remember which) and fit the correct hardeners and skip the ocasional mission against guristas/angels. (can't deal enough damage with lasers to those)
|

Radix Salvilines
VENA GROUP
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 11:10:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I
LOL this post should be made a history :D OM Rotfled for the amount of same repilies :D Amd the fitting... geez... man... 4 months in EVE... uve been doing lvl3 missions... SO WTF IS THIS FITTING? go to help channel, join an empire corp and make them learn you something - will take 2 hours max. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥-☻VENA☺-♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ |

Cdr Maverick
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 13:36:00 -
[51]
Hi Artryder,
have you had a look into this guide?
A Comprehensive New Player Guide to Tanking
Read through it and you understand what many here stated in a sometimes quite harsh manner.
- Maverick
|

Ralara
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 17:06:00 -
[52]
Artryder if you've not got your drake yet, convo me in game. I have a spare drake that I'm not using that you're welcome to have.
|

Jessamine
Star High Industries and Technology
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 17:56:00 -
[53]
His Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I |

Space Hog
NEW DAWN CO Fuzzy Nut Attack Squirrels
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 20:01:00 -
[54]
Ok I didn't read it all. But even the LVL 4 missions can be solo'd in a Drake. It may take a tad bit extra time but the bonus on the drake is the increased speed and agility. I like the fact that I can move around a bit and pull some of the mission apart to take it down. Also the fit I normally go with gives me I think a bit over 14k shield with a 196 recharge rate. (trying to remember off the top of my head)
Try going it with the drake. Take it easy and get some speed going and take out frigs first, they normally are the ones that scram and web ya. Caution
Visit Nuts |

Karan Kaldarian
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2008.01.14 22:50:00 -
[55]
I suggest you to give a look at
http://eve-survival.org/missions/
and at
http://eveinfo.com/missions/4/
(this last is not updated , but give an idea on what some missions could be and give some usefull info )
1-Always be informed on what kind of damage you are receiving and what damage you are going to deal , before accepting mission.
2-When mission has been accepted but you don¦t feel so confident if your ship (and skills) will support that kind of mission ( or room) , especially in those that are known as dangerous if something goes wrong , you can always enter in a ceptor ( or in a shuttle) and give a look . The ceptor could be fitted with a cloacking device and if the room permit to cloack ( nothing in range within 2,5 km.) you can have your idea. Ae bonus room maybe one of those . Recon 1/3 can be done in a shuttle , quick and easy. But if you go for kill , you¦ll find 6 BS of more than 1.000.000 each. It¦s not one of the æÆhard missionsÆÆ , but of course if get full damage àààyouÆll end loosing your ship.
3- Be aligned to warp out , and take care of scramblig things first , normaly drone are supposed to do this , but with care : you could end in a whole room aggro .
4-Drone are your best friends if you use in the right moment : release drone after being targeted , if a new spawn appears recall drone immediatly ( or you¦ll lose them) , if there are three or more groups , be sure to be able to warp out , or release drone only if the groups not targeting you are far away enough to let you resolve a full aggro excalation. ( 75 km away). Last of all , controll your drones, if they attack a ship close to a different group, the group will aggro. I¦ll suggest you to buy a Drake , and make some more exp on lev 4 missions. It¦s easy ti fit and do not cost a lot......and tank every level 4 mission.
|

SheriffFruitfly
Caldari Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 01:57:00 -
[56]
Sounds like your fault for not using one of the jillion or so standard fits talked about incessantly on the Ships forum. There could be a lesson in there, for someone open to it.
|

Alowishus
Pastry Coalition Sex Panthers
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 03:09:00 -
[57]
It is a horrible setup. But he's only been playing for four months. A Drake is so much easier to fit and run L3 missions. My only thought is that you should have come to the forums and got advice on the setup before you lost the ship.
/makes fart noise |

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 07:02:00 -
[58]
Hi All
Thanks again to all of you that have been willing to offer positive criticism. I assure you all that I have learned a great deal from all your input & references.
I admit to never before looking at any forums for any kind of information. This has certainly changed. I did not realize the wealth of information contained there.
Just before I attempted the lvl 4 mission, I asked a few questions in 'local' regarding lvl 4 missions, and one answer I got was to fit 2 warp core stabilizers. Before that I had never used them. I know that wasn't my only mistake, but I have certainly learned a few things.
Thanks again ALL.
|

Artryder
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 09:02:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Ralara Artryder if you've not got your drake yet, convo me in game. I have a spare drake that I'm not using that you're welcome to have.
Thanks Ralara, this is a wonderful offer, but I have managed to get a Drake again.
Much appreciated 
|

Alowishus
Pastry Coalition Sex Panthers
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 13:41:00 -
[60]
Another tip I can offer as far as warp scrambling is to turn effects on, you will be able to see precisely which ships are scrambling you so you can take them out quickly if you get into trouble. I used to use this technique when NPC hunting so I could move on to the next belt without killing off the spawn. Scrambling NPCs have evolved a bit over time. I rarely ever get scrambled anymore in missions or NPC hunting. Back in the day I remember when every NPC frig would scram and web you. That sucked.
/makes fart noise |

Great Artista
Caldari Veto. Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 15:15:00 -
[61]
AHAHAHHAHA!! 
My Raven was equipped with the following: My Raven was equipped with the following: My Raven was equipped with the following: My Raven was equipped with the following:
Its the new meme!  _______
Do yuo liek stabbers? ◕◡◕
|

Sheik Yirboudi
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 15:25:00 -
[62]
First, you did not die.
Your ship blew up. Ships blow up. Everything you fly will blow up eventually. When is up to you.
Second, 190 million isn't pocket change, but it isn't the end of the world either.
Try, like me, being suicide ganked in high-sec transporting a set of +5 implants (at least 600m ISK) for an alt. I'm sure there are players out there who've lost even more (think the loss of a Titan).
I'm not trying to be a ***** here, but you really must put it into perspective. Hop back in a Drake, run some Level 3's, and before you know it, you'll be back up ready to try a Raven again...
|

manasi
Caldari Valhalla Navy Technical Institute
|
Posted - 2008.01.15 20:18:00 -
[63]
Fairly passive setup here, might wanna try to go more active. The drake is a passive beast but no so much with the Raven. PASSIVE raven: HI 6 XT cruise missle launchers 2 650MM (titanium sabot) [for fighting frigs I drop 2 of the XT's and add Arlbalest Heavy launchers] Mids for lev 4's are 2 LSEII, 1 EM hardener (t2) Therm Hardener(t2) T2 Invul field. I actually use a T2 target painter for the frigs. ( it helps a ton they die most quickly as compared to without) Low 3 BCSII's 2 PDU II's
ACTIVE Raven: Hi same setup as above Mid Heavy cap injector (cap booster 800's loaded) XL shield booster 2 LSEII 2 specific dmaage type hardners Low 2BCSII 2PDU II 1 SPR
Basically I go from passive shield setup for some missions to active shield tanking for others. Also load 5 HH drones and 5 Light scout ( if you get webbed hit em with the drones
Originally by: Artryder My Raven was equipped with the following:
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 01 x SALVAGER I
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR I 01 x HYDRAULIC BAY THRUSTER I
|

Tiberius Chronos
|
Posted - 2008.01.17 20:30:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Joshua Deakin Oh god... please stop. Once is enough... The "post reply" is not a "WARP DAMMIT!" button.


 
  
   
...maybe, my warranty for my iPod is still ineffect....it has Dr. Pepper all in it now... 
|

Sha Nera
|
Posted - 2008.01.17 20:38:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Sheik Yirboudi First, you did not die.
Your ship blew up. Ships blow up. Everything you fly will blow up eventually. When is up to you.
Second, 190 million isn't pocket change, but it isn't the end of the world either.
Try, like me, being suicide ganked in high-sec transporting a set of +5 implants (at least 600m ISK) for an alt. I'm sure there are players out there who've lost even more (think the loss of a Titan).
I'm not trying to be a ***** here, but you really must put it into perspective. Hop back in a Drake, run some Level 3's, and before you know it, you'll be back up ready to try a Raven again...
...your fault for not using a shuttle???.....
|

Panch0Villa
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.17 20:55:00 -
[66]
To distill everything said in this thread:
Originally by: Forum goers/hores
If you have the time to earn the money to buy a Raven, you should have taken the time to learn HOW to use the raven. It's a far different creature than the drake. Your fitting sucks.
Originally by: Forum goers/hores
If you have the time to earn the money to buy a Raven, you should have taken the time to learn HOW to use the raven. It's a far different creature than the drake. Your fitting sucks.
Originally by: Forum goers/hores
If you have the time to earn the money to buy a Raven, you should have taken the time to learn HOW to use the raven. It's a far different creature than the drake. Your fitting sucks.
Cheers, and good luck in the future with your Ravens.
|

Driemon Vilvarin
Gallente Corax. SOUL CARTEL
|
Posted - 2008.01.18 21:25:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Driemon Vilvarin on 18/01/2008 21:29:34 Well tbh it is a bit of a misunderstanding that ppl are able to run lvl 4 missions as soon as they can fly a BS.
1. You need to have bs at lvl 4 or so to get some decent ship bonuses.
2. You need to train your support skills to lvl 4 or 5 unless you decide to faction fit, and even then you will get in trouble.
Invest 2 or 3 million sp in support skills apart from your ship and weapon skils then you will be able to run lvl 4 missions.
And a last remark, don't armor tank a shield tanker and visa versa on missions, you will just loose your ship.
A smart guy once told me "When you can fly the BS, wait 3 months before you run lvl 4 missions and wait a year before you pvp in it", he was right. |

Disco Flint
The Flaming Sideburn's Hedonistic Imperative
|
Posted - 2008.01.19 15:11:00 -
[68]
Oh wow, I cried and laughed, this is certainly the most awesome thread of the last 6 months or so. Right up there with "What ship is this?", "Does my face look like it has been hit by a shovel?" and ""Raven vs. Navy Raven"". Please, don't edit anything, that was so... oh man I'm still laughing :D
Ahum... anyway, lots of good advice & setups here, just wanted to throw the thought in that you can also fit a Hvy Cap Booster instead of a shield hardener. This will lower your overall tankability, but it will give you insane burst tank capabilities for those "oh ****" moments. And especially with low skills and little experience those moments are plenty.
Yeah, you'll probably go through 5-15 cap boosters per mission, but you wont have to warp out (or warp out as often) as well. And, as mentioned, that insane burst tank... when you're scrambled and the Rats pound you, you'll love it.
|

Casino Alkasar
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.19 17:54:00 -
[69]
*holds tummy*
wow..har..good laugh ^^
though i got some wirds looks by customers
-what was your fitting again? _________________ itze mine |

Onchas Erivvia
Black Eclipse Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.01.20 23:56:00 -
[70]
HIGH 06 x Cruise Missile Launcher I <-- sure. 01 x SMALL TRACTOR BEAM 1 <-- okay 01 x SALVAGER I <-- Uhhuh
MEDIUM 04 x LARGE SHIELD EXTENDERS <-- That's a lot of shield, a lot of sig radius. You're normally better off having shied resist mods (shield hardeners) than just more shields to get chewed through. 01 x 'HYPHNOS' ECM <-- No. Just... no. 01 x MEDIUM SHIELD BOOSTER <-- Definitely not. Medium is a cruiser-sized module. You're never going to rep enough damage with a medium.
You need to follow some of the links given to you that explain how to tank. The goal for missions is to create a tank that can sustain the damage you receive without collapsing. So you have to be able to repair more damage than you take.
LOW 01 x EMERGENCY DAMAGE CONTROL <-- Only if you get some value out of the extra resist on your shields. Better off using a mod that allows you to run your tank mods. 01 x ARMOR KINETIC HARDENER I <-- No. No. No. 01 x ARMOR THREMIC HARDENER I <-- No. No. No. Armour tank OR shield tank. Don't to both for missions. You're better off using these slots for something that will increase your cap recharge or your shield recharge. Despite what some people have said, you CAN armour tank a Raven. Against opponents that do EM damage it might actually be the better choice. BUT, you need to consider the fact that doing so means you have to sink skill training time into both armour and shield training. There's no way at your skill points you're ready for that. 02 x WARP CORE STABILIZER I <-- I've heard of some people using WC stabs on missions, but it wouldn't be my choice. Better off doing something to help your tank.
For a Raven, the medium slots are there for you to fit your tank, the lows are where you fit mods to run your tank. If you get decent skills (eventually) you might be able to switch out one or two low slot spots for a damage mod (like a Ballistic control unit).
DRONES 02 x WARRIOR I DRONES <-- What faction were you fighting? Match your damage output to your opponents weaknesses. If you're facing warp scrambling opponents, you need to make sure you have light drones to target the warp-scrambling frigates to take them down the fastest. 03 x HAMMERHEAD I DRONES
UPGRADES 01 x ROCKET FUEL CACHE PARTINTION I <-- you're better off using something that will improve your tank rather than your damage output (DPS - damage per second) 01 x BAY LOADING ACCELERATOR
It's been an Eon since I've done missions. I have no idea what the best resources there are in the game to help you out. Eveinfo.com used to be the site I used for mission information. You can find out what faction you're facing, what the damage output will be, and that will allow you to fit your ship and damage types for those opponents. It can also be worthwhile to use a scout ship (like a shuttle) to go into missions so you can see what you're up against.
Some missions are just going to kick your ass. You won't be able to do them solo. That's just life. Level 4 missions were never designed to be done solo -- then again, sentry guns were never designed to be tanked. But people have figured-out how to do it and CCP, to their credit, shrugged their shoulders and kept them pretty much intact. Keep that in mind. What reasonable chance do you think a 4.5 mil SP character has to do something that the developers planned would never be done? Obviously you've got to have a pretty special set-up and a pretty advanced set of skills to do it.
My recommendation to you: stick to level 3s or get some mission running buddies.
Don't feel bad, despite the people who are mocking you, most of these assholes have done the exact same thing and jumped into a battleship way before they were ready. You've joined a long and distinguished list of people who have made a mistake. Learn from it (in particular how to set up a tank), and stay out of Level 4 missions until you have the skills to do them.
------------------------------------------ "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" 'Teh Onchinator' |

Hey You
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.01.21 03:36:00 -
[71]
man you made me spill my drink all over keyboard rofl
We Ride Together We Die Together |

Zaerlorth Maelkor
|
Posted - 2008.01.21 11:32:00 -
[72]
This is an epic thread. Couldn't stop laughing!  but to the op: You've gotten pretty much all the info you need in order to progress with the missions and game as a whole. Good luck to you.
|

Myfanwi
|
Posted - 2008.01.21 13:13:00 -
[73]
If you post your fitting for your Raven here we may be able to help you out.
|

Profhet
The Funkalistic SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.01.21 17:15:00 -
[74]
http://eve-survival.org/missions/
be careful with the details on that site, make sure what your looking at is current. Also, if you really not sure, use a shuttle or cheap frigate to check out the first "room" take a screeny, then you can go to eve explorer and verify what the rats do for damage/scrambling/webbing/jamming/nossing
____________________________
FEED ON THE DYING |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |