| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tissa
Minmatar Alice in Wonderland Derek Knows Us
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 17:56:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Kelsy Talan I don't think you understand, I am a great pilot. Do not be jealous of what you do not have, my singing abilities are merely a "side feature" of me.
I pity you, I really do.
Madam I put it to you that we can purchase some very talented young women with the same "side features" as your good self from the market at double your price.
No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
|

Exortius Amarrus
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 18:00:00 -
[62]
In the vast depths of deep space, the name Kelsy Talan means nothing. The only person I can think of who will know you is Derek. But to be fair, he knows everyone .
|

Raktar Medovski
Gallente Knights Order Dread Sovereign
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 19:24:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Tissa
Originally by: Kelsy Talan I don't think you understand, I am a great pilot. Do not be jealous of what you do not have, my singing abilities are merely a "side feature" of me.
I pity you, I really do.
Madam I put it to you that we can purchase some very talented young women with the same "side features" as your good self from the market at double your price.
I've found purchasing women to be worthless, to be honest, my lady.
|

Hooch Flux
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 20:12:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Stitcher Tank CEO for....
Actually, what is that guy famous for?
Think you need to go to Jita 4/4 with bad timing to find that out!
I say prep for dustoff, nuke the site from orbit...
Only way to be sure! |

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 20:24:00 -
[65]
Say the people with the guns. Which is most of the capsuleer community.
Oh, and if you feel that's how people deserve to be spoken to, then expect it back tenfold here kiddo.
I trust you'll do well in the capsuleer community. The market for biomass from dead rookies is pretty rife inside federal borders.
So yeah, I'd love to continue to talk to you, really, but I feel i'm losing IQ points to your sheer idiocy as I'm doing so.
I really don't want to drop too many, I've got more to remember than three verses and a quick chorus to the sound of a deranged Jin-Mei midget beating a polycarbon housing with a wooden pole.
A few deaths will bring you down from your perch, and you'll soon get over the notion that your corpses are probably being used as playthings after your death, i'm sure.
Oh, I reccomend PF-346 as a destination for your first capsuleer interaction, you'll soon see what our world is about then. It's right off orvolle, can't miss it. It's the black one with twinkly bits.
I never thought I'd ever agree with Verone, but I do here. Seriously, Talan-haani, you're coming across as a big-headed naive fool. Talking down to people and near-as-dammit calling them 'scum' will only get people's backs up.
Now, lose that attitude and you may just live for more than two minutes. There are some seriously nasty and unpleasant individuals out here with even more unpleasant guns and ships bigger than your ego could ever hope to be. ---
|

Hooch Flux
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 20:30:00 -
[66]
Ms Talan, I would like to offer you a true Civire greeting to space!
"Die!"
Have a nice day!
I say prep for dustoff, nuke the site from orbit...
Only way to be sure! |

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 20:31:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Kelsy Talan on 12/01/2008 20:32:08 *Kelsy appears on the display again and shakes her head, sighing once.*
The general attitude of the rif-raf here displeases me. Mister Istvaan Shogaatsu, your offer is something I am interested in, however. I'm sure the turnout would be astonishing.
I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.
*kelsy flicks the ash from her cigarette and smiles proudly*
|

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 21:00:00 -
[68]
Riff-raff?? Oh dear oh dear. Well, that's going to really improve the mood of everyone around here isn't it?
Once again we have a fine example of Gallente arrogance and stupidity in the same package. Extremely efficient, but ultimately useless. ---
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 21:07:00 -
[69]
*Kelsy flickers into view, a fresh cigarette in the holder. She appears to be chuckling a bit*
Why would I aim to improve the mood of anybody here when I'm not paid for this time? That would just be stupid, performing my job for no pay.
Silly people.
|

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 21:11:00 -
[70]
Oh good grief...were you born stupid or did you just have a lobotomy as part of your transformation into a 'singer and musician?'
It's called 'common courtesy.' Now, you may dislike the 'common' part of it but it's needed to denote how regularly it is employed by people. You may think you're big on your homeworld, but out here I'm afraid that YOU ARE NOTHING. One of the many, one of the ultimately forgotten.
It wouldn't hurt to be nice, or at the very least polite to people who you are going to be rubbing hulls with. They are the ones who will make or break you out here. ---
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 21:18:00 -
[71]
I've not gone out of my way to be nasty to people, so to speak. As far as I'm concerned I'm speaking to them with as much respect as they are speaking to me with, albeit a little more class and grace in my words.
*Kelsy moves closer to the display*
And you, Achuran. Who are you to tell me how I should alter myself? I am exquisite just as I am.
|

Tissa
Minmatar Alice in Wonderland Derek Knows Us
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 21:19:00 -
[72]
Originally by: Kelsy Talan *Kelsy flickers into view, a fresh cigarette in the holder. She appears to be chuckling a bit*
Why would I aim to improve the mood of anybody here when I'm not paid for this time? That would just be stupid, performing my job for no pay.
Silly people.
Can you clarify please - what is it exactly that you do because in all honesty I have not heard of you before today. You claim to be a singer but I am not so sure. You say you improve moods for a price and "perform" for a living. What is it that you are looking for? A stage with a pole or a Sugar Daddy perhaps? Alice will not be pleased if she hears of this as it is her stout belief that we should never use our sex to gain a free ride and trinkets from men. I hope for your sake that she does not find out that this is the case.
No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 21:22:00 -
[73]
No, you filthy minded woman. I perform vocally.
Remember, not everybody is like yourself!
*Kelsy scoffs*
And the kind of place I'm looking for is probably far beyond your insignificant imagination.
|

Tissa
Minmatar Alice in Wonderland Derek Knows Us
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 22:09:00 -
[74]
Edited by: Tissa on 12/01/2008 22:09:57 *Tissa laughs
It would do you good to do your research young one. I have seen and done things in this game that you wouldn't believe existed, I have lived in empire and 0.0 from south to north and to east. I have been involved in station construction and freighter destruction. I have talked my way out of capital gate camps and cynoed in T H E K E Y that I (in a small way) helped build. I have caught spies and found hidden gems languishing in places that were not worthy of their potential. I have friends, enemies and a cause. I have done this with honour and without once using my sex to gain anything for free.
So tell me my dear, what have you achieved in life that makes you so special?
No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow.
|

Sergio Ling
Veto.
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 23:05:00 -
[75]
Ah Kelsy m'dear. It's been a long time. As for business opportunities, are you talking about the same kind of business you used to ply down on the planet? Cos there's not much call for post-op love companions in space, where everyone's encased in a pod.
just sayin' _
|

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 00:45:00 -
[76]
Originally by: Kelsy Talan I've not gone out of my way to be nasty to people, so to speak. As far as I'm concerned I'm speaking to them with as much respect as they are speaking to me with, albeit a little more class and grace in my words.
*Kelsy moves closer to the display*
And you, Achuran. Who are you to tell me how I should alter myself? I am exquisite just as I am.
Who am I? I am Megumi Sophia Iwasaki, youngest daughter of Admiral Toshiro Iwasaki of the Caldari Navy. Sister of Captain Ichigo Iwasaki, also of the Caldari Navy. My family have been serving in the navy since the ancient battle of Tsushima back on Earth thousands of years ago. I have been in space since I was 17 when I enrolled at the State War Academy. I have operated against numberless pirates within state space. I was at the CVA defence of their starbases in Providence, supporting their defensive fleet with vital E-war equipment thus giving interceptor squadrons an additional edge. I am Achuran. I am Caldari. I am proud to be both.
As for you, who are you? A self-centred Gallente diva who thinks that just because some people were misguided enough to purchase your music that she has the right to talk down to people who have been in the depths of space longer than you have had a career. You waltz in here, proclaim your brilliance and then expect people to fall down and kiss your painted little toes, worshipping your every breath and step.
Well, here's a newsflash - it's not going to happen. Very few people out here have any time for posturing, hot-air and arrogance in the face of naivity. I admit that I haven't been an independent pod-pilot for long, but I have been around long enough to know that elevating oneself into a position of importance that you haven't earned is likely to gain you many more enemies than friends. The real problem is that many of those enemies have very, very big guns.
Any of my friends will tell you that I have little time for Gallente in the first place. I have even less time for idiots. Sadly you have fallen into both categories. I suppose you're wondering why I'm even wasting my time arguing. After all, one should never argue with a fool for they are doing the same.
However, whilst I dislike Gallente at the best of times, outright weapons-grade idiocy such as what you have displayed in this comm channel ranks as far worse.
There are many people I will admit to disliking. Verone and Evanda Char are two names that spring instantly to mind. However, my dislike of them does not preclude deserved respect. They have the respect that one would give to any foe.
It is this basic respect that you have utterly, completely and totally failed to demonstrate. Calling the assembled community of pod pilots 'you lot,' 'you people' and 'riff-raff' is hardly the attitude of one who has respect for others. Nor indeed will it garner the support and information that you so crave. In fact, it is far more likely to do the exact opposite.
I have no animosity towards you. In fact, I am putting my own - somewhat irrational - dislike of Gallente to one side in order to try and pull you back from the black abyss of pain and self-destruction that you seem so intent on diving into.
Anvatkaa, Talan-haani. Moitte! ---
|

Raktar Medovski
Gallente Knights Order Dread Sovereign
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 00:57:00 -
[77]
I think the only reason I'd show up to one of your concerts is to throw stuff at you. I am pretty sure many of the the fine folks you have insulted here will join in as well.
And you can't stop me from getting in to any of your performances. I can go anywhere, as I am the son of a very influential person.
|

Hooch Flux
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 02:15:00 -
[78]
Anyways, anyone see the Mindclash game last night?
I say prep for dustoff, nuke the site from orbit...
Only way to be sure! |

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 02:34:00 -
[79]
Sadly I missed it, Flux-haan. I was in-pod on an anti-pirate operation. Very successful action, I hasten to add. Was it a good game? ---
|

Yulith Marek
Little Sapling
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 11:46:00 -
[80]
Coolies! Can I get an autograph, Kels!?
|

Stitcher
Caldari legion of qui Black Star Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 12:09:00 -
[81]
Well, a strong sense of self-confidence is a prerequisite mental trait for a capsule pilot...
Overwhelming arrogance may be going a bit too far, however. Captain Talan, seriously, you need to come to accept that all of the people you are talking to are every bit as "important" as you claim to be. Every last one of us is a celebrity, a mythical figure that the average human will never glimpse outside of GalNet broadcasts.
Your "better than you" attitude is the sole cause for the amount of flak you're receiving. If you were to treat us with the same respect that you feel entitled to, you would find us a much more civil and welcoming bunch. At the moment, however, your prima donna act is just setting people's backs up, and making them say mean things.
in other words: Come back when you've learned some manners. -
Verin "Stitcher" Tarn-Hakatain. |

Saraith Narr
Amarr PIE Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 12:12:00 -
[82]
Originally by: Raktar Medovski I've found purchasing women to be worthless, to be honest, my lady.
Indeed, I find the male Matari take to theyre tasks much more efficiently and carry out physical labour without needing as much downtime as the females. Breding is best left to designated stations, although rewarding a favoured slave with a breeding partner can ensure continuation of a particularly favourable line in my families service.
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 17:53:00 -
[83]
*Kesly flickers onto the display nodding*
For a moment there, I almost thought you lot had a good point.
Now my good people, I'd love to listen to your advice on how I should change and so forth, but it's never failed me so far. Not once. And I don't see why it'll fail me in space.
I see you're very quick to threaten me with acts of violence, something which I will not stoop to myself, I'm quite willing to settle any debates with words. So tell me, why should I lower my standards to that of your own, when you're the ones that are simply using the fact that you can shoot to your distinct advantage?
*Kelsy flicks her cigarette once, then takes a drag*
Have you not noticed, those that have been nice to me, I have been equally nice to in return? Hah, of course you haven't noticed, why would you?
*Kelsy leans forwards and flicks off the display*
|

Sooplex
Amarr Naqam
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 18:43:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Kelsy Talan I'm almost as good at flying as I am at singing.
You will be exploding against the docking bay wall three seconds after thruster ignition I presume?
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 18:56:00 -
[85]
and your sucessful music career is where, Amarrian?
*Kelsy scowls and disconnects the comms*
|

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 19:44:00 -
[86]
Originally by: Kelsy Talan I see you're very quick to threaten me with acts of violence, something which I will not stoop to myself, I'm quite willing to settle any debates with words. So tell me, why should I lower my standards to that of your own, when you're the ones that are simply using the fact that you can shoot to your distinct advantage?
If you'll notice, I never threatened you at all. If I came across as threatening then I apologise. I have tried to be nice within reason. There are however limits to my patience.
However, your disdain for people's prowess with weapons is sadly misguided. Those that can shoot strait and fast are the ones that are more likely to survive out here. 'Lowering yourself to our standards' is something that you're going to have to do sooner or later. Otherwise, you'll find space a highly unpleasant place to live. Wordsmiths, whilst political animals, find themselves rather physically impotent when they inevitably run into trouble.
I suspect that your issue is really the fact that people have been hurling abuse at you since you opened your mouth and communicated. But is it really that surprising given your first words here?
Originally by: Kelsy Talan
Captains of New Eden. This is Kelsy Talan. Yes, the Kesly Talan. I've no doubt you've heard my beautiful music before, but anyway, enough of that titter-tatter. I've come here to seek assistance from *A snarl forms on her face* You lot. Where would I go about beginning my business to further my fortunes and influence in the skies? Nobody has thought to give me any indication, nor attention that I most certainly deserve. Who knows, I might even grant the person that gives me the most useful information a signed holoreel of one of my shows. Now wouldn't that be delightful?
It's not like you people have anything better to do with your lives other than to answer this question.
Time to dissect this a little, if you would indulge me.
Quote:
I've come here to seek assistance from *A snarl forms on her face* You lot.
Pay attention to the words I've highlighted: You lot.
Now really, is that any way to endear yourself to the local populace? Particularly in the way you said it. Do you go on stage whilst on tour and refer to the people who have paid to see you perform as 'you lot' in the same way? I hope not, because if you do it's a wonder you have any fans at all.
[qoute] Nobody has thought to give me any indication, nor attention that I most certainly deserve.
On what basis do you deserve the attention that you think you do? I've done some snooping and have found out that you're rather well known on your homeworld - understandably - and on nearby planets. This area covers three star systems I believe, I may be wrong. Last time I checked there were over five thousand star systems that we as a species populate. In other words, you're famous in three of five thousand star systems.
This means that - assuming an equal population distribution, which I know isn't the case but it simplifies things - you are famous and well known to less than 1% of the total population.
Therefore it stands to reason that few of us would actually know who you are.
Quote:
It's not like you people have anything better to do with your lives other than to answer this question.
Actually, many of us have far better and more important things to do than respond to your demands. In my case I am regularly employed by the Caldari Navy to conduct dedicated anti-pirate sweeps amongst other things. In Verone's case he feels that shooting unarmed transports a viable use of his time.
Also, again the use of the words 'you people' comes across as arrogant.
I hope that I've managed to make things a little clear to you, Talan-haani. If not, and you decide to continue down the road you have chosen with the same attitude, then things are highly unlikely to go your way.
In fact, the most likely result will be you getting turned into space debris. ---
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 20:21:00 -
[87]
*Kelsy flickers into the view once again, a look of anger almost hidden*
Megumi. not once did I claim that youwere the one implying you were going to hurt me. Just the majority of the people here. How can I possibly be expected to change the way I'm speaking and be "nice" to these people when that's all they've done?
It's no worry of mine, I can deal with the hatred, it happens. What I can't deal with however is your presuming that I meant badly by the way I word myself.
*The Gallentean stubbs out her cigarette and turns off the comms*
|

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 21:00:00 -
[88]
The problem is, Talan-haani, and what you're failing to see, is that they're responding in the same way that you initially addressed them - with disdain.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The same goes with the way you speak to people. If you speak coldly and disdainfully to somebody, then it stands to reason that they will speak to you in the same way. I myself never presume to judge what people may have meant, only what they have actually said.
What you say and what you mean can often be two completely seperate things. You may have not meant to come across as arrogant, self-righteous and haughty, but the fact remains that to many of the people here - myself included - that is exactly how you came across.
The gift of a great speaker is their ability to modulate and adjust their speech and turns of phrase to the people that they are talking to. If I'm talking to a superior officer, I use 'sir' or 'ma'am' - dependent on gender - and I speak respectfully and correctly despite what I may think of the individual personally.
On the flipside, if I'm talking to my elder brother I wouldn't be so formal. I'd lace my speech with flippant insults and attempt to deflate his sometimes overbearing ego. This is despite the fact that he outranks me, and I certainly wouldn't do it in an official communication.
What I'm trying to say is this: Your manner of speech, whilst it may seem natural to you, will get people's backs up. You have repeatedly come across as talking down to people who have been out here longer than you. Nobody likes some greenhorn with nearly zero experience telling them what to do. I wouldn't dream of trying to tell you how to sing, as I am not a professional singer.
However, listen to people like Verone. They've been out in space far longer than you or I. They've seen everything, done everything and thus we could benefit from their words of 'wisdom.' Though of course, what counts as wisdom is purely subjective. I wouldn't listen to what Verone had to tell me as our personal philosophies are totally opposite. However, I would listen to Lt. Cmdr. Marithin Sanalis. Partly because he is a personal friend of mine but mainly because he is a highly experienced pod-pilot and there are many things he can teach me.
There are things that I could teach you, Talan-haani, if you would listen. However, the holier-than-thou attitude that you are displaying - intentionally or otherwise - will get you more death threats than offers to help.
Bottom line is: I am willing to help and guide you, despite what dislike I have for Gallente. I will gladly teach you what I can, and at the very least try and point you in the right direction. That is, if you wish me to. ---
|

Kelsy Talan
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 21:11:00 -
[89]
My point boils down to this:
I first requested some aid with deciding where to begin my business in space, and I've had several suggestions, some of which I'm following up. I'm now responding only to reply to the delightful comments I'm getting. I thank you for your offer, but if you dislike Gallenteans and myself particularly so much, I won't ask you to help me.
See, I can be nice and friendly at times to those that aren't complete half-wits, which I'll admit is a select few out here.
|

Megumi Iwasaki
Caldari Caldari Independent Navy Reserve The Fourth District
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 21:30:00 -
[90]
You see? That's exactly what I'm talking about. You start off nice and courteous, but by the end of it you manage to insult everyone again.
Just for the record, it isn't you I dislike per se. Just your people. I have my reasons, which I won't talk about in an open forum and certainly not with somebody I've only just come into contact with.
Even my closest friends and family don't know my reasons. Only my sister does. ---
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |