| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s) |

Van Nuys
Archaic Rage Order of Khaos
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 16:01:00 -
[1]
I was wondering if anyone knew where the post about Trinity using too much memory. Mine has started to become a memory hog and I would like to stop it lol.
Any links to the Sticky that used to be posted?
Thanks
|

RaTTuS
BIG Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 16:34:00 -
[2]
turn down the shadows ? and how much is too much -- BIG Lottery, BIG Deal, InEve [Now Verified] & Recruiting
|

Van Nuys
Archaic Rage Order of Khaos
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 16:37:00 -
[3]
I have all the bells and whistles shut off, I have since Trinity has came out. I used to run 2 clients up untill tuesday when they began to use all available spot of free memory i had available. and 1.4gig is what it was up to last night.
Im at a loss on how to fix it
|

flashfreaking
LFC FreeFall Securities
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 16:39:00 -
[4]
Set Cache Size to Low.... Disallowed sig graphic. Send an e-mail to [email protected] when it meets the forum signature guidelines. ~Saint |

Muscaat
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 16:39:00 -
[5]
Have you changed the "cache size" setting in the options menu? IIRC it defaults to "extreme".
|

Van Nuys
Archaic Rage Order of Khaos
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 16:44:00 -
[6]
Yea cache is low, been that way since I Installed it. Ive even cleaned out my cache to see if that helped, Nope. :(
|
|

GM Faolchu
Game Masters

|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:00:00 -
[7]
Please try to delete/rename your settings folder, make sure you have the latest graphic drivers and double check your settings are set to low and see how it runs. If you are still having issues please remember to file a technical petition and attach a copy of your dxdiag. |
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:08:00 -
[8]
CLASSIC version, NO cache, and still at peak, I get EVE using over 500 MB most of the time, peaking at around 700 MB. Before Trinity, 250 MB was the absolute peak I have ever seen.
1|2|3|4|5. |

Michus Danether
Aristotle Enterprises
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:12:00 -
[9]
I have a similar issue.
Even though I have the EVE Cache set to 'off' and I am using the new client, by the end of a play session EVE will be using 400-500mb of the paltry 1gb of available memory.
This much memory use makes doing anything else while EVE has been running for a while... uncomfortable.
It may just be an issue with my computer, but regardless I thought I might throw in my 0.02 Isk
|

Naomi Wildfire
Amarr Stardust Heavy Industries Majesta Empire
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:13:00 -
[10]
And dont ever activate ingame Voice, it gets your CPU to 99%.
|

Call'Da Poleece
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:14:00 -
[11]
I have premium graphics on with normal shadows and high cache ..... using 339MB, 1280x1024 if that makes any difference |

Krycka
Nightmare Holdings Sylph Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:17:00 -
[12]
Yea i noticed to, im on classic client aswell. Maby this "trinity" upgrad was released to soon. game is craching and more laggy than ever. So far im not impressed.
Med ett shysst jSrnr÷r kan man sls hela vSrlden med hSpnad!
|

Ademaro Imre
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:19:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Akita T CLASSIC version, NO cache, and still at peak, I get EVE using over 500 MB most of the time, peaking at around 700 MB. Before Trinity, 250 MB was the absolute peak I have ever seen.
Exact same thing here. Bug report - they wanty more information - nothing more I can explain to them.
The aim of politics is to keep the populace alarmed and clamorous to be saved by menacing it with imaginary hobgoblins. The urge to save humanity is a false front for the urge to rule it. |

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:20:00 -
[14]
TBQH, I thought it was "normal" 
1|2|3|4|5. |

Ademaro Imre
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:20:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece I have premium graphics on with normal shadows and high cache ..... using 339MB, 1280x1024 if that makes any difference
In 25 jumps, my classic client with cache set to NONE will be well over 500mb.
The aim of politics is to keep the populace alarmed and clamorous to be saved by menacing it with imaginary hobgoblins. The urge to save humanity is a false front for the urge to rule it. |

Call'Da Poleece
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:25:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Ademaro Imre
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece I have premium graphics on with normal shadows and high cache ..... using 339MB, 1280x1024 if that makes any difference
In 25 jumps, my classic client with cache set to NONE will be well over 500mb.
hmmm, I'll go on a little trip then and report back |

Taedrin
Gallente Royal Hiigaran Navy
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:28:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece
Originally by: Ademaro Imre
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece I have premium graphics on with normal shadows and high cache ..... using 339MB, 1280x1024 if that makes any difference
In 25 jumps, my classic client with cache set to NONE will be well over 500mb.
hmmm, I'll go on a little trip then and report back
Huh, I thought they fixed that autopilot memory leak a long time ago... Funny how things sometimes come back from the dead like that.
|

Call'Da Poleece
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:38:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Taedrin
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece
Originally by: Ademaro Imre
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece I have premium graphics on with normal shadows and high cache ..... using 339MB, 1280x1024 if that makes any difference
In 25 jumps, my classic client with cache set to NONE will be well over 500mb.
hmmm, I'll go on a little trip then and report back
Huh, I thought they fixed that autopilot memory leak a long time ago... Funny how things sometimes come back from the dead like that.
LOL, memory usage is up to 580MB after 8 jumps .... I'll keep jumping to see if it grows up to a gig |

Lugaid Laga
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:46:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Lugaid Laga on 31/01/2008 17:46:32
Originally by: Call'Da Poleece LOL, memory usage is up to 580MB after 8 jumps .... I'll keep jumping to see if it grows up to a gig
It didnt grow beyond that ^ after another 8 jumps
bah, damn alt |

Dr Fighter
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 17:59:00 -
[20]
i run eve in classic mode and i too get the ever increasing memory thing. I run eve windowed at 1920x1200 and i found that if eve gets a little graphically laggy to just minimize the client and maximize after, this seems to reset the memory down to like 50m and it slowly starts to creep up again.
|

Draekas Darkwater
Moons of Pluto
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 18:12:00 -
[21]
I get the same problem since trinity on both types of clients. I've even reinstalled the game and the problem remains.
What size of memory footprint is the client supposed to run at, anyone know? I never had problems running 2 clients before trinity, so I never bothered looking.
|

Ademaro Imre
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 18:20:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Dr Fighter i run eve in classic mode and i too get the ever increasing memory thing. I run eve windowed at 1920x1200 and i found that if eve gets a little graphically laggy to just minimize the client and maximize after, this seems to reset the memory down to like 50m and it slowly starts to creep up again.
The memory appears to be reset but that is not the case, myc omp will still freeze up normally from expended memory. I used MS's process tree software - an the memory is still allocated to even even though the task manager says it was reset. If you notice, the the memory in the process list may go down, but the pagefile has not.
The aim of politics is to keep the populace alarmed and clamorous to be saved by menacing it with imaginary hobgoblins. The urge to save humanity is a false front for the urge to rule it. |
|

CCP Sputnik

|
Posted - 2008.01.31 18:37:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Dr Fighter i run eve in classic mode and i too get the ever increasing memory thing. I run eve windowed at 1920x1200 and i found that if eve gets a little graphically laggy to just minimize the client and maximize after, this seems to reset the memory down to like 50m and it slowly starts to creep up again.
Technical explanation for this is that Windows is unloading all graphic related stuff out of the memory when a program is minimized. Therefor some programs also need some time to reload after minimizing, games which are using the hl2 engine are a good example.
The memory of EVE is growing slowly because its loading the models and textures which are used into the RAM and is not unloading them directly again so it is possible to excess them fast if they are needed a second time, after a model/texture isn't used for a certain amount of time it gets unloaded again. But because a lot of models/textures are used really often the memory is slowly growing.
EVE should use, if it is minimized, not more that 50MB of your RAM. If this is not the case, you should check your drivers and hardware - EVE is just triggering a defect of an other component of your PC in this case. __________________________ CCP Sputnik CCP Quality Assurance QA Engineering |
|
|

CCP Sputnik

|
Posted - 2008.01.31 18:41:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Ademaro Imre
Originally by: Dr Fighter i run eve in classic mode and i too get the ever increasing memory thing. I run eve windowed at 1920x1200 and i found that if eve gets a little graphically laggy to just minimize the client and maximize after, this seems to reset the memory down to like 50m and it slowly starts to creep up again.
The memory appears to be reset but that is not the case, myc omp will still freeze up normally from expended memory. I used MS's process tree software - an the memory is still allocated to even even though the task manager says it was reset. If you notice, the the memory in the process list may go down, but the pagefile has not.
The pagefile is the Virtual Memory of your PC which is a special section on your hard drive which is used by the os to load stuff fast which was loaded into your RAM but isnt used atm. __________________________ CCP Sputnik CCP Quality Assurance QA Engineering |
|

Angel DeMorphis
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 18:43:00 -
[25]
Originally by: CCP Sputnik
Originally by: Dr Fighter i run eve in classic mode and i too get the ever increasing memory thing. I run eve windowed at 1920x1200 and i found that if eve gets a little graphically laggy to just minimize the client and maximize after, this seems to reset the memory down to like 50m and it slowly starts to creep up again.
Technical explanation for this is that Windows is unloading all graphic related stuff out of the memory when a program is minimized. Therefor some programs also need some time to reload after minimizing, games which are using the hl2 engine are a good example.
The memory of EVE is growing slowly because its loading the models and textures which are used into the RAM and is not unloading them directly again so it is possible to excess them fast if they are needed a second time, after a model/texture isn't used for a certain amount of time it gets unloaded again. But because a lot of models/textures are used really often the memory is slowly growing.
EVE should use, if it is minimized, not more that 50MB of your RAM. If this is not the case, you should check your drivers and hardware - EVE is just triggering a defect of an other component of your PC in this case.
Thanks, I'll try this out next time it happens to me. I always seem to start to get real laggy upon traveling, as well. (Hence, I tend to stay in my favorite few systems, at least in that session.) But if minimizing it will dump the unneeded graphic related stuff out of memory, that would be a huge help.
My sig taken from this site. [IMAGE REMOVED] |

Ademaro Imre
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 18:47:00 -
[26]
When my pagefile reaches a certain size, then it all goes to hell and I have to close an eve client. When I close the eve client, the pagefile is reduced in amount that the memory of the eve client was used in the process list.
Process tree still says that eve is using the full amount of ram even when minimized.
The aim of politics is to keep the populace alarmed and clamorous to be saved by menacing it with imaginary hobgoblins. The urge to save humanity is a false front for the urge to rule it. |

Van Nuys
Archaic Rage Order of Khaos
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 19:06:00 -
[27]
Well, this problem just started this week. I have always been able to run 2 clients easily alt-tabbing between the two. This week I cant. All my settings are the same as they have been i havent chaged a thing. I have double checked.
I have all the bells and whistles turned off/low.
Is there a way to shut off the memory caching? Im at a loss on why it started to do this.
|

Ademaro Imre
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 19:10:00 -
[28]
Is there a time needed to dump the memory *if* minimizing is supposed to work? It was not for me, although the process list says it is reduced, process tree says its still assigned. When minimizing does the process tree say - this is what the memory is supposed to be and calculated from there, but still needs some sort of time to actually purge the memory? basically is minimizing is supposed to work, does one need to keep the client minimized for 5 seconds, 10 seconds? |

Angel DeMorphis
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 19:28:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Ademaro Imre I think peopel are only noticing this problem. I have been having this problems for over a month.
No, I noticed it before, but just haven't posted as I've always suspected that I just had too little memory on my comp. I've been having this problem for over a month, too, but then, I don't always notice it because I tend not to travel.
My sig taken from this site. [IMAGE REMOVED] |

Fanjita
|
Posted - 2008.01.31 19:52:00 -
[30]
Originally by: CCP Sputnik
Originally by: Dr Fighter i run eve in classic mode and i too get the ever increasing memory thing. I run eve windowed at 1920x1200 and i found that if eve gets a little graphically laggy to just minimize the client and maximize after, this seems to reset the memory down to like 50m and it slowly starts to creep up again.
Technical explanation for this is that Windows is unloading all graphic related stuff out of the memory when a program is minimized. Therefor some programs also need some time to reload after minimizing, games which are using the hl2 engine are a good example.
The memory of EVE is growing slowly because its loading the models and textures which are used into the RAM and is not unloading them directly again so it is possible to excess them fast if they are needed a second time, after a model/texture isn't used for a certain amount of time it gets unloaded again. But because a lot of models/textures are used really often the memory is slowly growing.
EVE should use, if it is minimized, not more that 50MB of your RAM. If this is not the case, you should check your drivers and hardware - EVE is just triggering a defect of an other component of your PC in this case.
Isn't it amazing that you can program such an amazingly complex program that it can find fault with a 'defect of an other component of your pc case' that any other program cant find including a 24hr orthos stress test, yet you cant get the ******* game to run anywhere half decently,when will you admit your coders are ****e and clueless?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |