| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s) |

Questseeker
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 16:43:00 -
[121]
Edited by: Questseeker on 30/04/2008 16:43:21
Originally by: Arcsam Black Listen, if you can get to other web sites (MSN or other news site) and runs fine then it isn't AT&T's fault. I am an outside repaired for them and trust me it has something to due with CCP, now if you can't visit other sites then yes it is AT&T's fault...
And the reason why the only common link to all the people reporting the same problem here over the past few hours is that they have ATT/SBCglobal as their ISP is just sheer coincidence? I doubt it. It not a CCP problem, when eve-mon right now shows over 25k subscribers on line.
|

eyesinthesky
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 16:44:00 -
[122]
No its AT&T. At times i cant even get on the website. The tracert fails in the middle, right between sbc routers.
|

Klesk Slovan
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 16:45:00 -
[123]
Ping 87.237.30.200 http://visualroute.visualware.com/
SBC isn't dropping on me on disconnects now. Just 87.237.30.200 with Request Time Outs
Who swapped the hamsters on the server again?
|

eleuthereus
Dawn of a new Empire Pure.
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 16:50:00 -
[124]
I am also experiencing period inability to connect to servers at various URLS - seems to be random. I don't know how to tell if it's me or ATT/SBC. I'm not very savvy at this kind of stuff.
Arcsam - perhaps you can investigate a bit more.
Everyone I know on UK side seem to be just fine - running perfectly solid with no problems whatsoever. And also, corpmates located in USA, but not on WEST COAST seem to be fine as well.
________________________
|

Sarah Thrace
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 17:08:00 -
[125]
Breaks down in the same place for google searches and EVE...so yeah here's the finger to ATT...just spent 40 minutes on teh phone with them trying to convince them...They passed it up to the highest tech level to be looked at.
Target Name: N/A IP: 87.237.38.200 Date/Time: 4/30/2008 11:58:14 AM to 4/30/2008 12:01:56 PM
Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg Host Name / [IP] 1 225 0 0.0 0 9 0 home [192.168.1.254] 2 222 191 86.0 21 34 22 76-232-88-3.lightspeed.kscymo.sbcglobal.net [76.232.88.3] 3 222 198 89.2 21 57 24 [71.150.49.192] 4 222 207 93.2 21 32 23 [71.150.32.130] 5 222 210 94.6 22 32 24 [71.150.32.124] 6 221 205 92.8 21 28 22 [71.150.32.79] 7 225 0 0.0 21 223 34 bb3-p4-0.ksc2mo.sbcglobal.net [151.164.42.204] 8 96 23 24.0 31 296 55 bb1-p2-1.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net [151.164.42.179] 9 210 20 9.5 70 201 76 chi-bb1-geth6-3-4-0.telia.net [213.248.84.9] 10 57 14 24.6 58 72 62 nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.248.198] 11 55 14 25.5 127 139 130 ldn-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.249.248] 12 95 19 20.0 128 162 136 ldn-b4-link.telia.net [80.91.249.78] 13 216 20 9.3 124 350 140 ccp-ic-124901-ldn-thon-s2.c.telia.net [213.248.90.90] 14 217 21 9.7 124 138 128 [87.237.38.199] 15 217 22 10.1 123 139 128 [87.237.38.200]
Target Name: www.google.com IP: 64.233.167.104 Date/Time: 4/30/2008 12:03:08 PM to 4/30/2008 12:06:11 PM
Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg Host Name / [IP] 1 184 0 0.0 0 1 0 home [192.168.1.254] 2 184 150 81.5 21 95 24 76-232-88-3.lightspeed.kscymo.sbcglobal.net [76.232.88.3] 3 184 160 87.0 21 90 33 [71.150.49.192] 4 183 166 90.7 21 47 23 [71.150.32.130] 5 181 159 87.8 21 49 24 [71.150.32.124] 6 184 164 89.1 22 40 23 [71.150.32.79] 7 184 0 0.0 21 229 31 bb3-p4-0.ksc2mo.sbcglobal.net [151.164.42.204] 8 184 63 34.2 33 245 60 ex1-p0-0.eqchil.sbcglobal.net [151.164.42.147] 9 184 63 34.2 33 125 36 [151.164.251.226] 10 123 63 51.2 33 197 44 [216.239.46.246] 11 67 0 0.0 34 52 35 [72.14.238.90] 12 43 0 0.0 34 58 40 [64.233.175.42] 13 182 63 34.6 34 47 35 py-in-f104.google.com [64.233.167.104]
|

eleuthereus
Dawn of a new Empire Pure.
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 17:17:00 -
[126]
TY Sarah - keep us updated. ________________________
|

Kalius Prime
Mining Bytes Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 17:22:00 -
[127]
SBC Having Problems
Maybe this?
|

Marie Hartinez
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 17:49:00 -
[128]
Don't think it's ATT/SBC, though there is definitely a problem. Looks like there is congestion somewhere between the east coast and UK/Europe. Each site I tracert over there shows fine up to New York with a 80ms time, then it jumps up to 150 - 180ms to Europe. We've been having problems at work with some of our links and spans over to east coast and Europe, though that may not have anything to do with it. God, what I would give to have an SS7 switch at home right about now.
|

Ace daBuilder
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 17:56:00 -
[129]
I too have sbc, was working fine. I just tried loging in and everytime i connect i get disconected after 3-5 mins. seems to be a problem that everyone else is having. Been also doing pings and having similar results.......internet terrorisimm i tell ya
|

theteck
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 18:01:00 -
[130]
2 friend of me have the same problem in abitibi in canada
no fix seem to work and isp say all its ok on side
|

Marie Hartinez
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 18:18:00 -
[131]
One more post before I give up and go to bed. It's probably one of the following:
1. Congestion due to an increase in traffic. Though I didn't see anything abnormal at work during the mid shift. Though I didn't have time to look at our SS7. 2. Routing issues: prehips a router lost it's mind, not overly likely, but has happened. 3. Maintenance, scheduled or otherwise: meaning a switch, router, DSX, whatever is fubar and is causing the first two problems. I'm thinking this is the most likely. 4. It's an act of terrorism. Actually everything that prevents me from playing should be declared an act of terrorism or war.
If this problem is not cleared up by the time I go on shift at 0700 UTC, I'll see what I can find out at work.
|

Disfigured Thief
Gallente Not Like Most Controlled Chaos
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 18:20:00 -
[132]
I have the same problem in St Louis Mo
Called at&T support and got
1. We have had no reports of trouble in the network area 2. We will look into this 3. Would you like to change you cell and long distance package and get the universe cable over phone line package
/me bangs head and pokes out eyes
|

KIniro
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 18:20:00 -
[133]
I am located in Central US, and having the same problem. AT&T is my DSL provider, but I am not experiencing difficulty with other sites,and my son is playing WoW without difficulty atm.
I don't care whose fault it is, I just hope they fix it soon. :P
|

Mordrea
|
Posted - 2008.04.30 22:09:00 -
[134]
I just re-activated my account after leaving the game due to "check sum" errors every time I used a gate. Been playing over the week end with no problems. Then I tried to log in on Tuesday and all I got was server disconnects. I am able to do the download in the back ground though, that works fine. I never get any further than the character screen. Also, all I get is "server status" unknown. I notice allot of people are saying this is happening to them and they live in California, well I live in Virginia.
I posted a ticket with tech support and as usual no response, probably won't get response for a minimum of 1 week. I had hoped that I could have started playing again, but I guess CCP still can't find their heads with both hands, guess I just wasted 14.95 for a month's worth of "connection server lost" and some jackass telling me I need to run a ping trace.
|

hyzildur
|
Posted - 2008.05.01 02:18:00 -
[135]
i have the same problem, i come from buenos aires Argentine! Please fix it!
|

Marie Hartinez
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.05.01 12:36:00 -
[136]
The problem isn't with the EVE server, ATT/SBC, or any local teleco. The problem is with the amount of traffic over the Trans-Atlantic route. I can't really narrow it down further, but it looks like there are some traffic routing issues causing the congestion. As to what the issues are, wish I knew right now. It's hard as hell to get an honest answer out of customer (don't) care, and I work in telecomm for a major satellite provider. It's bad when we get the run around. Give me a direct line to a field tech, not the minium wage, clueless people that are running the help desk. Even our customer service can be clueless.
Hopefully this will be cleared up soon (and pigs will fly), I need my EVE fix.
|

PrimalFear
Minmatar MASS Exodus Zeta Tau Epsilon
|
Posted - 2008.05.01 17:29:00 -
[137]
Yeah I don't think its ATT or any ISP because I have the same probs and I'm on a sat connection. The problem started porb around the 21st for me not being able to log on It seems to be ok for me to log on around 1:00 am EST and be fine all the way up till about 12:00 pm or 1:30 pm when the server starts to reach 30k.
|

Mordrea
|
Posted - 2008.05.01 21:58:00 -
[138]
I am on a Satellite ISP connection and yes my ping is high and lag is high however, I can connect to Eve and do the back ground download for content, I obviously can connect to this form. I can connect and play: Tabula Rasa, Pirates of the Burning Seas, World of Warcraft and Second Life. Trust me Second Life is about the most unstable screwed up grid/netowrk I have ever seen and I connect and play no problem.
Today I opened the game, saw server status as ok and 30,000 people in game. I logged in, got past the character screen got into the game changed a skill then slam "connection to the server lost". Restared the game and Server status "unknown"
|

Sentille
Minmatar SPECTRE Ops
|
Posted - 2008.05.02 12:39:00 -
[139]
Still happening to me.
Either Status unknown or connects for while and them I get dropped. Any word from CCP on this my petition is ongoing but has not been fixed. ISP has also run a diagnostic for me and its not them. |

Elethiomel
|
Posted - 2008.05.02 20:19:00 -
[140]
I've been playing eve for quite a while, and its usually been solid as anything. Then five days ago something changed. Now I get disconnections on eve all the time (like every few minutes sometimes) and its making the game completely unplayable. I have already lost ships due to this, and basically can't do anything in game, as I know I'll get a "Connection to server lost" message within five minutes.
I have two accounts, and used to run them both at the same time without problems. Now I can't even use one.
Is this a global problem, and has anyone else had this suddenly start being an issue?
I live in the UK, I've tried reinstalling the client, but no improvement....
|

Labuj
|
Posted - 2008.05.02 21:56:00 -
[141]
I'm having problems too. "Conection Lost" a lot. What's happening? |

Rikeka
Amarr Eye of God Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2008.05.03 05:34:00 -
[142]
2 weeks later... and still can't pla EVE at home.
Though I was able to find out that I can log when there are less than 20,000 peeps; game more or less still kicks me even then...
EVE is the only online game that makes this at my home PC, so don't dare to say the problem is mine. Still, this is extremely weird. I can play perfectly from a cyber (I get the ocassional crash, but they are very rare), but not from home. |

Elida
Amarr Nightsisters
|
Posted - 2008.05.03 06:58:00 -
[143]
since yesterday 2h before downtime i have also massive "connection lost" problems. from germany (cologne, 2mb cable, unitymedia), so i really doubt it's an "intercontinental" problem. and no, its not my ISPs problem nor my network settings, everything except eve is running fine & stable.
maybe a hint? when i jump from one system to another, sometimes it happens twice, it says "jumping", but nothing happens, than i wait some seconds, than again it says "jumping" and then it jumps ;) from youl to nakri its almost everytime this way. |

Kramnik
|
Posted - 2008.05.03 17:02:00 -
[144]
From Argentina, 5 months with this problem, a few hours after midnight like 2:00 am to downtime is posible play... the rest of the day cant connect for more than 3-5 minutes and dc, port 26000-3724 is the same, ssh tunneling? tested and a little better stability, but dc anyway and more lag, contact ISP? yes all work fine, petition? yes , but no solution. I know about others guys of my city with diferent ISP and routing and the same problem. Sry about my english. |

PrimalFear
Minmatar MASS Exodus Zeta Tau Epsilon
|
Posted - 2008.05.03 17:13:00 -
[145]
Dosen't matter what system or gate or what station you goto its an ongoing problem. got an answer a week later on my petition with no solution other then run the ping ploter program which isn't going to get us anywhere. I run the program and see that I get no packet loss anywhere in my route and still can't log on and it seems to get high pings when I reach ash.bb1-link.telia.net |

lolita Chinga
|
Posted - 2008.05.04 00:41:00 -
[146]
I have had a great improvement by turning off the EVE ingame voice system. Thanks for the advice earlier in this thread.
I still get issues with the client, but at least I can play now. That in game voice system has lots to be desired !!!! CCP turn the dam thing off ! most players use third party voice systems anyway. Stop trying to do everything & focus on a working client ! |

Dario Kaelenter
|
Posted - 2008.05.04 02:37:00 -
[147]
Man Eve is a fussy B-e-u-t-c-h !! After last DT I could run 2 clients (on seperate PCs) with no trouble .. there was one d/c about 10 mins after loggin in though after that it was fine for 3 hrs.
Now however I'm lucky to stay connected for more than 4 mins ... only once been able to do 1 full cyle of ice mining in a Mac  Initially i tried switching Audio on on my Premium client-BIG Mistake ! i had music though no laser or space sound effects even thought hey were set louder than music. Then I pressed ESC to turn audio off and the options menu half came up in space but not fully the way it is supposed to. I clicked Audio off and then got a Windows Program crash pop up ... "Send Error Report" clicked. Back to log in screen tho No server status so I closed and restarted. Finally got status then got to Character selection screen and just empty character boxes. I could click and read the news articles fine but no character info coming up. I closed and restarted PC. My other client was happily cruising thru spce till I typed in a chat window and then Conneciton Lost. Ping Plotter was running and reporting no packet loss and 318 roundtrip ping replies. Restarted router.
Start again .... and pretty much same thing for last hour now. The Classic client on the slower Pc usually runs ok ... or seems to till I type in chat or click to activate or do something.
Pingplotter is ocassionally showing 10 to 20% packet loss intermittently on the hop before CCP @ 69.28.171.138 ve5.fr4.lon.llnw.net. And Ocassionally packet loss at any one of 6 other llnw.net hops that preceed the connection to CCP. Evemon's bouncing from Tranquility offline and online around all these packet losses. I'm connetion from New Zealand in 15 hops to CCP via asianetcom.net and the pings through them are less than 170 so the problem seems to be close to CCP's end.
Other online games I play like Guild Wars seem fine and I only ever get d/c from them in extreme situations (not since busy busy Xmas madness so far) so it seems that Eve could do with a little tweek to make it a litlte more robust and not just drop out as soon as it loses a packet or 2 ... especially when it's fine to sit there running looking perfectly fine till u actually try and do somthing else. Seems to me it gets all sulky when it drops a packet though stays connected untill you try to send a new command and then it jsut drops out in a tantrum.
Hopefully connectivity will improve later. I have already put 2 a/cs to sleep cause of unfixed bugs like Overview bugs and darn drone window and having my graphics card get fried playing Eve and only just got a new one though if this is the lvl of frustration that will continue with Eve then end of this month another a/c gets discontinued. Eve's a great game though a very big disappointment when you can't actually play it. |

Elethiomel
|
Posted - 2008.05.04 09:29:00 -
[148]
This is just getting stupid. Here is my history for my "play" this morning - trying to dock again so that I'm not left unsafe outside a station!
2008.05.04 09:12:34SHUTDOWN [3208]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:14:36STARTUP [1064] 2008.05.04 09:14:36SHUTDOWN [780]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:14:38STARTUP [4972] 2008.05.04 09:14:44SHUTDOWN [1064] 2008.05.04 09:18:46STARTUP [488] 2008.05.04 09:18:46SHUTDOWN [4972]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:20:30STARTUP [4372] 2008.05.04 09:20:31SHUTDOWN [488]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:22:34STARTUP [4320] 2008.05.04 09:22:34SHUTDOWN [4372]connection lost
This is utterly unplayable. I've tried the "switch port to 3724" thing after reading this
http://www.starfleetcomms.com/content/ntlvirgin_media_cable_vs_port_26000
But its made no difference at all. |

Identity Theory
|
Posted - 2008.05.04 09:59:00 -
[149]
Edited by: Identity Theory on 04/05/2008 09:59:10 2008.05.04 08:50:53STARTUP [1004] 2008.05.04 08:50:55SHUTDOWN [1528]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:31:12STARTUP [1252] 2008.05.04 09:31:13SHUTDOWN [1004]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:38:41STARTUP [380] 2008.05.04 09:38:43SHUTDOWN [1252]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:42:13STARTUP [392] 2008.05.04 09:42:15SHUTDOWN [380]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:44:25STARTUP [516] 2008.05.04 09:46:38SHUTDOWN [516]connection lost 2008.05.04 09:48:31STARTUP [1716] 2008.05.04 09:48:33SHUTDOWN [368]connection lost
I lost my connection four times in ten minutes. These problems are happening all over the world, surely this isn't some coincidence. And it's only been happening since the patch...
Also, my EVE voice connection is breaky, I cannot hear people clearly... everyone else can hear each other fine, and this was not a problem before either. Sometimes I just get a random message saying that I've left voice chat. Man. This is very, very frustrating...
EDIT: Yes, this happens even after the port change. |

Elethiomel
|
Posted - 2008.05.04 10:11:00 -
[150]
Hope this doesn't jinx it for me, but after reading some stuff in a forum I tried turning my cable modem and router off for a few minutes and then restarting them.
Had about half an hour of beautiful stable play so far, it seems to have fixed it!
This connection problem seems a bit too widespread to be solely due to this kind of problem, but it worked for me, so give it a go if you haven't already! |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |