| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tarron Sarek
Cadien Cybernetics
|
Posted - 2008.06.11 23:29:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Amastat Ahahahha :P Helios got visually nerfed.
It's still a good cov ops... but you may have to drink until it's pretty when you fly it.
An Achura talking about 'visually nerfed'. That's comedy gold 
___________________________________
Balance is power, guard hide it well
-Ceterum censeo Polycarbonem esse delendam-
('nerf' means 'incompetence', esp. when you use it) |

Tor Umar
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 00:05:00 -
[32]
im gonna train up for a buzzard :(
|

AKULA UrQuan
Druuge Crimson Corporation
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 00:06:00 -
[33]
I blame electronic attack ships.
|

Quelque Chose
New Eden Roller Disco Supply
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 00:08:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Tarron Sarek An Achura talking about 'visually nerfed'. That's comedy gold 
Hey, if anybody would know they would. You might even say they're experts on the subject.  ___________________________________________
|

Tribalist
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 00:13:00 -
[35]
I agree the Imicus Sucks!
Coincidently the sales of Buzzrds have doubled in Essence space since the patch .. gee I wonder why?
Friends dont let friends drive Helios's (My new Motto)
Thank GOD I have Caldari frigates V hello Buzzard.
Tribalist - (who wants the damn capsuleer council to take this to CCP? ) Fly Safe - Fly Drunk-
Tribe.
(pretend this is something creative and awe inspiring) |

Elliot Reid
Digital Fury Corporation Digital Renegades
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 01:14:00 -
[36]
Well I can fly the Helios and the Buzzard but always preferred the Helios if for nothing else than the lava lamps. Alas the new look is not nice in the slightest, even cloaked I'd know it looked ****e, so it's off to the Buzzard for my probing needs. |

NightF0x
Chicken Coup Raiders
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 04:01:00 -
[37]
Edited by: NightF0x on 12/06/2008 04:02:14 Damn, this really bites. I really liked the original model so much better than this lopsided piece of **** that we have to use now. When I think of space ships, the Maulus hull comes to mind, not this. ------------------------------------
|

Kiri Ceres
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 04:06:00 -
[38]
I loathe that mutant kidney bean the Imicus. I think i am going to self destruct my ship in front of the first dev i see for protest sake.
|

Gruxella
Vale Heavy Industries Molotov Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 04:09:00 -
[39]
The new Helios model is why I'm training amarr Frigate 5 now :( |

Atomos Darksun
Infortunatus Eventus
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 04:14:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Nara Krylov What I'm wondering is what was going through the designer's head when he spewed forth the Imicus model. I repeat, it resembles a LOPSIDED MONSTROSITY made out of SCRAP LOOTED FROM A 50's ERA SCRAPYARD that was WELDED TOGETHER BY A CR4CKHEAD.
Yeah, how dare CCP let people from the Minmatar Art Department design a Gallente ship!
See what I did there? |

NightF0x
Chicken Coup Raiders
|
Posted - 2008.06.12 17:52:00 -
[41]
Edited by: NightF0x on 12/06/2008 17:53:45 Edited by: NightF0x on 12/06/2008 17:53:21 Per the patch notes...
Quote: The Anathema has had its model changed. It will now use the Magnate hull instead of the Crucifer hull
Here are a few pics of a Magnate (the only ones that I could find were pretty dated)...might not be a bad replacement.
http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/11/magnate01.jpg
http://eve.klaki.net/screens/2004.03.24.magnateinhangar.jpg
(sorry for the big pics...changed to links) |

Kilostream
Roving Guns Inc. RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 18:34:00 -
[42]
/signed the new helios hatred
That was a nasty thing to do, CCP.
|

Adaris
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 18:39:00 -
[43]
Let this die ffs. I don't believe a person who says they spent month training up to fly a ship only because it looks agreeable to them. What utter rubbish (unless you only bothered training up the basic skills to get 'into' the ship).
Guys its the same ship. Leave it at that. otherwise, make more whining threads with an actual solution, i.e. change the imicus model (thus changing the helios model).
Plus I like seeing the Imicus in this new light. For people who like a T2 Maulas, you always have that keres... *******
I speak on behalf of every corporation. |

Siigari Kitawa
The Aduro Protocol
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 18:42:00 -
[44]
TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD!!!!
I implore you to share your thoughts with the CSM people because apparently CCP are too stubborn to
1) Care 2) It's Gallente, they're supposed to be nerfed 3) Care
So I beg you to post here http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=795958 and VOTE YOUR SUPPORT!
|

William Alex
Viscosity space weaponry and trade
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 18:50:00 -
[45]
ON BEHALF OF THE INTERNETZ COMMUNITY I AM OUTRAGED AT THIS CHANGE!!!
P.S. just chill. its a stupid model change to bring it inline with the rest of the game ;)
|

Xroxor
Black Lotus Foundation Damned Pirates
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 18:55:00 -
[46]
Lets go nerf CCP's company car.
Bring back the Helios
|

Trojanman190
Altruism. Malice.
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 19:04:00 -
[47]
I can't even fly the ship and I hate the change =(
|

Toramii
Le Moulin Rouge
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 19:36:00 -
[48]
Hats off to the CCP ship modellers / art dept for the OLD Helios hull, it looked the part of a prober ship. You can see the original designer loved the ship, their job and put some thought into it. 
Can't say the same for the new one, no love put into that model, I wouldnt be proud of it! 
|

Princess Jodi
Cutting Edge Incorporated RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 20:39:00 -
[49]
I too am disghusted beyond belief at the new Helios model. Butt-Ugly does not begin to describe it.
The only good side is that the damm thing should always be cloaked, so if I zoom out enough I don't notice.
CCP has repeatedly screwed up the whole modeling concept. There should not be ANY ships 'based on the T1 hull' - just make a nice new ship for all of the T2 variants. What is the point in 'basing off a T1 hull'? We live to see pretty spaceships, and now we got half of the ships as some sort of upgrade on an existing model.
It just makes no sense. CCP model designers must either be lazy, or CCP don't wanna pay new model designers. |

Verone
Veto Corp
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 20:41:00 -
[50]
I felt like being physically sick when I saw the new model.
...then promptly went out and bought replacement Anathemas \o/
|

VicturusTeSaluto
Metafarmers
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 21:37:00 -
[51]
fix the helios, you dolts. |

Isiskhan
Gnostic Misanthropy
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 22:11:00 -
[52]
I'd be far more pis*ed off at these changes if it wasn't for the fact that my probing alt also has Amarr frigates V trained... the new Anathema is pure sex. |

xJohnnyDx
The Aduro Protocol
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 22:23:00 -
[53]
I really wouldn't care all that much about any model changes. It's the fact that whatever idiots design half the ships think it looks good to be asymmetrical. Sorry, but it's built into our genes, symmetry is just way more pleasing to the eye.
I started in a Buzzard, and I'm one of the few that crosstrained for the Helios ONLY because it looked better. The extra low slot is a nice bonus, but it could have been exactly the same in every regard and I'd still have trained for it. Oh well, time to go back to my Buzzard I guess. |

An Anarchyyt
Battlestars GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 22:33:00 -
[54]
The Buzzard is kinda ugly too, but now it's all I'm gonna fly after I lose my Helios because the new one is ugly enough that it makes me wanna puke every time I look at it.
The good thing about the Imicus not having a T2 variant was that you could pretend it didn't exist.
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Second, a gentile is a non jewish person
|

Saint Lazarus
Lazatropia
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 22:45:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Gruxella The new Helios cheetah model is why I'm training amarr Frigate 5 now :(
But hey Anahama-whatever looks really cool -----------------
|

Steph Wing
Electro Fuels
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 22:57:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Winterblink I can only hope they use the hull for some epic new T2 awesomeness. I can see WHY they did this, basically bringing the ship hulls in line with their intended roles. I guess the only hope for a T2 Maulus would be as some kind of mini-recon ship.
Can't see that happening soon though, since if you want a small cheap frigate-sized sensor damper you just use... a Maulus. :)
I take it you haven't heard of the Keres?
|

Zey Nadar
Heavily Utilized Mechanic Mayhem Einherjar Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 23:06:00 -
[57]
One more disgruntled helios pilot here. New model sucks, period.
|

BOldMan
Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.06.17 08:54:00 -
[58]
Edited by: BOldMan on 17/06/2008 08:55:51 It is a monstrosity
People in charge of this change are hall of shame. I cant let my children to play anymore with helios.
|

LifeHatesMe
|
Posted - 2008.06.17 10:15:00 -
[59]
Apparently Im alone liking the new hull. Granted the old Helio was pretty, but the new one looks like a sneaky-sneaky scanner ship. They are not supposed to be pretty or sleek. But leave a impression this is a ship with a very specific role.
Personally, I'd like some antennas and what nots on it 
|

Zaqar
Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2008.06.17 10:23:00 -
[60]
Edited by: Zaqar on 17/06/2008 10:24:09
Originally by: LifeHatesMe Personally, I'd like some antennas and what nots on it 
This tbh. Maybe people would not be so upset if they'd done a nicer job on the new imicus-based skin. Make it the richer green like the Ishkur, and add some of those nice half-clear spiral pointy things and we might be in business...
edit: and some blue window/dome things 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |