| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Minny Sky
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 10:08:00 -
[31]
You need to check everything other than CCP on this one.
|

Washell Olivaw
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 11:16:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Khaeldon
Network Address Translation, in computer networking, a system for reusing IP addresses
Thanks, wasn't fully awake yet. 
Originally by: Signature Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just don't have film.
|

Polly Prissypantz
Dingleberry Appreciation Society
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 11:16:00 -
[33]
Keep Help channel open (lots of constant comms updates) and you shouldn't disconnect; not for lack of comms, at least.
|

suicideg4nk
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 11:54:00 -
[34]
Edited by: suicideg4nk on 28/11/2008 11:55:22 it's an issue with YOUR computer or YOUR connection NOT ccp
as others have said you do not get kicked out for inactivity in eve like other mmo's that have built in timers that auto log out after 5 10 15 mins of being AFK etc...
|

Wilma JugsJiggle
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 12:50:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Aturayd This is an issue that has really been getting on mine and my corp mates nerves lately. Most of us run 2 or more accounts at the same time. If one is docked or sitting in space idle for 5 minutes or less they time out and crash. Worse still, I had my character open a cynosural field and he timed out while sitting there waiting for the cycle to end.
This is beyond stupid and pointless. Im supposed to be paying attention to each screen every 30 seconds opening mail and asset windows to keep activity registered so it doesnt crash?? Please get rid of these lame timeouts! A friend of mine was running 5 accounts at once and when he gang warped them, they would all lose connection. The problem seems to get worse the more accounts you run at once. I am afraid to run missions with two accounts because one might time out and i might not notice it.
While i paused from EVE to write this message, my account timed out and crashed. Im not surprised.
Are you on DSL? I used to have something like that before I moved to FIOS. Now I can sit afk for hours on end with no crash sideeffects.
DSL 4tl.
|

Julius Rigel
House Rigel
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 13:10:00 -
[36]
Originally by: LaVista Vista
Originally by: Aturayd they time out and crash.
If they crash, then why would you think it's a feature?
I have never seen a program/game having a crash as a feature. Not even WoW.
I see you're picking up the slack in the humor department without Jade around to represent it. 
Scared of the events forum? |

Aturayd
The Zoo Free Trade Zone.
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 14:57:00 -
[37]
Quote: I have had this problem as well and know a lot who do. Sometimes if you go inactive Eve kicks you out of game. You appear to be logged in but when you type you get kicked out. Its not as bad these days as it used to be.
Yes that is it. Its not a direct to desktop crash. The game appears to be connected and running and working, until i try to do something.. then it closes and says Lost Connection. And im usually doing SOMETHING on my computer when they crash.. streaming video, browsing, or focusing on 1 account and the 2nd idle one times out.
Its not my computer being low end or the computers of my friends: Core 2 Duo CPUs 4-8GB of RAM each, high end GPUs. I am using a cable internet connection and he uses an internet connection at a college. The rest of them that time out after 5 minutes im not sure what they are running but not all of them are even in America. ----------------------------------- about:blank |

Rook Highwind
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 15:25:00 -
[38]
No. EVE does not have any anti-macro measures that kick people from the game other than petitioning. Besides which, if it was an inactivity timer, macroers would never time out, because the actual macro is still making calls to the database with button clicks and such.
The problem is on your end no matter what you say, and if you had actually read some of the helpful and well-written responses that have been posted, you'd see that a fair number point the finger at your ISP, not your actual computer.
I wish I could remember where I left that battleship... |

Andraine
Coded Arms Corp
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 15:33:00 -
[39]
maybe cos FTZ are mostly farmers yobo |

Pottsey
Enheduanni Foundation
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 15:59:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Pottsey on 28/11/2008 15:59:51 suicideg4nk said ôit's an issue with YOUR computer or YOUR connection NOT ccpö If thatÆs the case why do many of us only have problems with Eve and only when inactive. Why did the problems appear around the same time anti micro/anti spam stuff was added. Surly if it was our computer or connection other games and programs would be affected. Surely it would affect us when active. ____ Telltale sign of their presence is non-linear teleportation (www.eve-online.com/races/theodicy/Theodicy_All.pdf)
|

Glengrant
TOHA Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 16:00:00 -
[41]
This is not an EVE feature (timeout or otherwise).
I had my EVE client run in background or gone afk for hours many times during the last 5 years. Same for many corp mates.
The only time I have something like what OP describes as "timeout" is when my IP gets changed (happens once per day).
This is probably - as others above already pointed out - a connection problem with your ISP.
--- Save the forum: Think before you post. ISK BUYER = LOOSER EVE TV- Bring it back!
|

An Anarchyyt
Gallente Battlestars GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 16:00:00 -
[42]
Edited by: An Anarchyyt on 28/11/2008 16:01:09 Edit: I'm just gonna say I've never ever had any timeout issues.
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Second, a gentile is a non jewish person
|

Demitria Fernir
Caldari Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 16:02:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Pottsey Edited by: Pottsey on 28/11/2008 15:59:51 suicideg4nk said ôit's an issue with YOUR computer or YOUR connection NOT ccpö If thatÆs the case why do many of us only have problems with Eve and only when inactive. Why did the problems appear around the same time anti micro/anti spam stuff was added. Surly if it was our computer or connection other games and programs would be affected. Surely it would affect us when active.
can you lend me one of your tinfoil hat plz? i see you've got thousand of them, gifting one shouldn't effect you much. kthxbai _______________________________________________ 10100110010100101010011010100101001100101110101 I will Conquer My Signature Somewhere in the future 10100110010100101010011010100101001100101110101 |

Myra2007
Perkone
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 16:46:00 -
[44]
I have this too sometimes. Not nearly as frequently though. Some routers are configured to disconnect after a few minutes of inactivity (dial on demand i think its called) - you might check that.
OTOH i sometimes have an issue where one account disconnects and the other one runs just fine (both on same computer over the same connection mind you). So i would think there are also things on ccps end that can go wrong.
But if you regularly get disconnected after a few minutes its most probably a local problem. (though i am no expert on this stuff)
|

Agor Dirdonen
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 16:49:00 -
[45]
Edited by: Agor Dirdonen on 28/11/2008 16:49:32 Pottsey said "suicideg4nk said ôit's an issue with YOUR computer or YOUR connection NOT ccpö If thatÆs the case why do many of us only have problems with Eve and only when inactive. Why did the problems appear around the same time anti micro/anti spam stuff was added. Surly if it was our computer or connection other games and programs would be affected. Surely it would affect us when active.
If it was something built in by CCP, how come so many people don't have this issue? I'm sitting afk sometimes in a lowend system for hours without anyone talking in local and when I come back, I can start talking, undocking, checking market, doing whatever without getting a connection loss or crash.
If it's a CCP feature then they must have activated it for your account and not for others... is that what you're trying to say here?
|

Atrossoe
Gallente Lost Nomads
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 16:59:00 -
[46]
From an IT systems stand point it sounds to me that your actual internet connect is resetting on the ISP side. If your using DSL this does happen. I've heard of many things like this from different people either playing eve, wow, FFXI etc.
I can sit idle for hours but if my ISP resets on their end then what happens is the socket that I'm connected to in EVE resets as well and wham there goes the client.
I would take this up with your ISP right away and ask them to run a diagnostic to find out if your 'frame' has been reset multiple times.
Also if you have a cablemodem and can log into it, check the log and see if you get the message, 'DHCP request failed, Restarting connection'. if you get that alot then your line is either faulty or your modem is just crap.
Atrossoe
|

Nicholas Barker
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 17:02:00 -
[47]
i have this sometimes, depends on patches (some patches do it some don't) and my hardware (i've had it do it on one pc, upgraded and had it stop (all in the same patch)). ------
|
|

CCP Navigator
C C P

|
Posted - 2008.11.28 17:12:00 -
[48]
Did you take a look in the Issues, Workarounds and Localization section to see if your problem was discussed before?
You may be having network issues, hardware issues or drivers which are not up to date causing you problems.
You can also submit a bug report with detailed information on your problem so that we can investigat the matter for you.
Navigator Senior Community Representative CCP Games, Email / Netfang
|
|

Another Forum'Alt
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 17:20:00 -
[49]
It is a problem with your router. Open a busy channel and leave it open, the constant data will keep your connection alive.
|

Lizia Elkani
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 17:26:00 -
[50]
Two or so years ago I had this all the time; if I spent more than three minutes without giving EVE some input that would require data to be sent back to me (chat, showinfo, activate module,...) the client would time out silently. It was a problem with my university's internet, it would close any "inactive" connections, including EVE. I wouldn't be surprised if your ISP isn't doing the same thing, or your modem/router/network adapter.
Since then I can stay afk anywhere in space or in a station for hours with multiple clients without any issues.
|

Pottsey
Enheduanni Foundation
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 17:41:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Pottsey on 28/11/2008 17:46:49 Agor Dirdonen said "If it was something built in by CCP, how come so many people don't have this issue? I'm sitting afk sometimes in a lowend system for hours without anyone talking in local and when I come back, I can start talking, undocking, checking market, doing whatever without getting a connection loss or crash." It's more likely not a feature but a bug of some sort. As I said before it's very random and much better since the 2nd to last patch. Everything points towards it being a bug of some sort. Not had the problem since the newest patch but not had enough testing time yet.
Demitria Fernir said "can you lend me one of your tinfoil hat plz? i see you've got thousand of them, gifting one shouldn't effect ou much. kthxbai" So because various people appear to be suffering from the same bug its suddenly tinfoil hat time? There are pages and pages of people with this problem or problems along the same lines. Some people are getting or where before the recent patch "Packet loss shows at ccp-ic-124901-ldn-thon-s2.c.telia.net (213.248.90.90) and tranquility. further suggesting its a problem with CCP. ____ Telltale sign of their presence is non-linear teleportation (www.eve-online.com/races/theodicy/Theodicy_All.pdf)
|

Mihailo Great
Fading Stars
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 18:27:00 -
[52]
Unplug router and use direct connection to internet. Is problem still there? All routers are bad.
|

Etchyboy
Minmatar Firman AB 101010 Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.11.28 19:34:00 -
[53]
I have the same problem with timeout etc. I run 3 accounts one account on one of my PCs runs just fine. I have never seen a crash on it. My main PC that I run 2 accounts on has problems. It is very annoying and would love to get it fixed.
|

Washell Olivaw
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 00:19:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Pottsey There are pages and pages of people with this problem or problems along the same lines.
That's because your average user can't tell the difference between a $30 router and a $90 router. I can't blame them either because the descriptions usually are the same (4-port 10/100, 802.11a/b/g/n). Why spend $90 if you get the same for $30 right?
Turns out you don't get the same. You get something where they cut a lot of corners.
Originally by: Pottsey As I said before it's very random and much better since the 2nd to last patch. Everything points towards it being a bug of some sort. Not had the problem since the newest patch but not had enough testing time yet.
Easiest explanation: since the latest patch concurrent users have gone back up to 40k. More people logged in quite likely means more people in your corp/alliance/local chat. This means your connection is being kept alive thanks to busier channels. Close the channels, and your connection issues will be back in full. And you either have your ISP or your own router to thank for it.
Originally by: Signature Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just don't have film.
|

ZinderX500
Caldari Mythos Corp RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 00:54:00 -
[55]
Edited by: ZinderX500 on 29/11/2008 00:56:02 Edited by: ZinderX500 on 29/11/2008 00:54:12 It's your router/computer/isp.
Don't bother typing your ****ty gpu,cpu,ram amount again cause it might also be a software problem MAYBE when we talk about your "computer" ?
On some of my friends this happens and in other games as well. Guess what. They use failrouters that their ISP gave them. It never happens with me. Neither at my home, neither at my dad's work. Guess what. At my dad's work and at home, we always use Thomson (speedtouch series) routers.
US Robotics + Thomson = TOP (can't bother stating the obvious...like Cisco for example)
So, what about stop failing more by saying that your friends are using internet at their college when some people already stated that they used to have problems with college internet connections, and buy some good router ?
You can always give me your stuff though and stay with your failrouter,failcpu,failgpu,failram. I prefer the last option tbh.
|

Jen Lee
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 01:18:00 -
[56]
Guessing it's on your end as I have had up to 5 accounts set for 6 hrs. with no input. One must look inward before they lay blame...
|

PeachesAndCream
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 01:30:00 -
[57]
Good god. The people who are blaming router quality should all just shut the hell up right now.
I have a WRT54GL running linux with open source Tomato v1.21 firmware. It's got several times more cpu and memory than budget routers, and all the settings you could think of.
EVE sits on the highest QoS classification, alongside DNS lookups so even with heavy traffic on the other computers or background downloading, pings are consistently good. I've had the same issue where EVE times out if you do nothing after an hour of idling ever since the Dragon patch. I've also never encountered it while in space, only docked in stations.
And this issue has followed me across two ISPs, 3 routers, multiple OS.
My personal guess is that if a node becomes populated enough, it kicks idlers to reduce state traffic. Even if you're doing nothing in EVE doesn't mean your presence and details aren't shared by the rest of the world. I say this because it can't possibly be an anti-macro measure, and the time-to-disconnect is inconsistent enough. I've also been disconnected a lot quicker in places like Jita, than 0.0. The alternatives are:
- obscure bug - crap internet routing (across the atlantic averages 120ms) - windows dropping idle connections on purpose (minimizing EVE or locking the desktop seems to facilitate the issue)
Then again, I've seen Titan pilots idle cloaked at safespot from DT to DT in blobbed up systems. Could be anything.
|

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 01:34:00 -
[58]
1. Anti-Macro methods are as worthless as DRM
Agree. But it;s not an anti-macro measure you're having problems with
2.Keep Help channel open (lots of constant comms updates)
This, or any other chatter-full channel.
While OFFICIALLY EVE-O doesn't disconnect due to non-comm, it actually does disconnect occasionally (ISP-dependant) if you don't have a "chatty" channel open.
_
Create a character || Fit a ship || Get some ISK |

ChanseTremors
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 02:46:00 -
[59]
No connectivity issues here.
DSL, one computer with two monitors, five plus accounts, log in when I wake up they stay idle for hours during the day and until DT, only getting played when I have the chance. All chat channels are closed, no chat logs being created.
Does it only happen when the black helicopters are hovering over your house or only when you ignore great suggestions to CHECK YOUR END?
|

Kittamaru
Gallente Democracy of Klingon Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.11.29 05:01:00 -
[60]
The ping thing doesn't work for me... my requests time out, but I never DC from EvE
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |