| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:10:00 -
[1]
I bought a HG crystal set because the prices are so low atm (if you want a pirate set, the prices are completely wasted atm due to farmers price-dumping a ton of product, run buy!)
Now, here's the thing, I never really did much shield tanking etc and i'm trying to figure out what ship they'd be best used with for high sec WT pvp.
I've tested several setups in eft, nightmare, maelstrom, cnr etc and some have potential, but as I am frankly a massive newbie in this I might aswell pose the question to those among you who have more expirience with this than me.
If you had a HG crystal set and a budget of say upwards of 2b isk to spend on a ship for high sec pvp, what would you pick and how would you fit it?
I'm looking for badass tankers here, as I have rather a tanking fetish but any suggestion is welcome.
Any race/ship size acceptable.
Win 2B isk |

ArmyOfMe
4S Corporation Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:17:00 -
[2]
Edited by: ArmyOfMe on 02/01/2009 23:17:55 vargur, nightmare, claymore
Think i coverd them all really.
vargur if you dont face ecm, and of course the nightmare, its VERTICAL \o/
just spend as much isk as you can afford and watch them tank like a mofo, and dont forget blue pills
Originally by: deadmaus
Because by the time we had calmed Plague down after he heard BoB were back in the vicinity it was too late to do anything
|

Droshee
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:17:00 -
[3]
Scorpion?
|

Yoko Lee
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:21:00 -
[4]
rokh with neutron II + 3 or 4 mag stab II
|

Count MonteCarlo
The Order of Chivalry Nex Eternus
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:22:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Count MonteCarlo on 02/01/2009 23:24:58 Nightmare, Golem, Maelstrom and ofcourse the Rokh, I'd suggest either a Mael or Rokh considering your budget though
for the rokh
6 neutron II, 2 ion II x-large II, SBA II, 1 Invul II, 1 Heavy cap booster, 1 Web, and a point 4 mfs II 1 dc II 3 resis rigs
for a maelstrom, same style of fit, if you want to pimp get a dg invul + shield boost amp, and when you know you wont need a web, just fit another invul
I suggest watching this if you're interested in the rokh
|

Zeba
Minmatar Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:28:00 -
[6]
Nightmare. 1300 hp shield boost per cycle with crap T2 fit and omgbbqu damage.
inappropriate signature. ~WeatherMan |

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:30:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Zeba Nightmare. 1300 hp shield boost per cycle with crap T2 fit and omgbbqu damage.
Has a serious cap issue though.
Win 2B isk |

ArmyOfMe
4S Corporation Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:32:00 -
[8]
Originally by: kublai
Originally by: Zeba Nightmare. 1300 hp shield boost per cycle with crap T2 fit and omgbbqu damage.
Has a serious cap issue though.
like all other active tanked ships you will need a cap injector
unless you fork up a crapload to buy a gist booster you will simply run into cap issues in all ships mentioned in this thread
Originally by: deadmaus
Because by the time we had calmed Plague down after he heard BoB were back in the vicinity it was too late to do anything
|

Zeba
Minmatar Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 23:37:00 -
[9]
Originally by: ArmyOfMe
Originally by: kublai
Originally by: Zeba Nightmare. 1300 hp shield boost per cycle with crap T2 fit and omgbbqu damage.
Has a serious cap issue though.
like all other active tanked ships you will need a cap injector
unless you fork up a crapload to buy a gist booster you will simply run into cap issues in all ships mentioned in this thread
You forgot about the Falcon. 
inappropriate signature. ~WeatherMan |

SODJFSDJFOIWEJOJOIEJFOIW
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 00:01:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Zeba
Originally by: ArmyOfMe
Originally by: kublai
Originally by: Zeba Nightmare. 1300 hp shield boost per cycle with crap T2 fit and omgbbqu damage.
Has a serious cap issue though.
like all other active tanked ships you will need a cap injector
unless you fork up a crapload to buy a gist booster you will simply run into cap issues in all ships mentioned in this thread
You forgot about the Falcon. 
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
|

Psir
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 00:37:00 -
[11]
Golem, no doubt.
|

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 00:45:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Psir Golem, no doubt.
I dont like having merlins jam me kthx.
Win 2B isk |

Soporo
Caldari The Graduates Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 00:47:00 -
[13]
Before the torp/cruise nerf I'd have said CNR or Golem or Rattlesnake. You can get sick tanks on all. No experience with the Nightmare, but it's verticle pimpness which offers all the reason I need to skill toward it.
|

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 01:11:00 -
[14]
Anyone got any recomended nightmare fits?
I played around with a few but didnt find anything insanely impressive over most the ships I fly now tbh, apart from vertical omgness.
Win 2B isk |

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 01:24:00 -
[15]
Edited by: kublai on 03/01/2009 01:27:09 [Nightmare, New Setup 1] Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Damage Control II Power Diagnostic System II
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Amarr Navy Heavy Capacitor Booster, Cap Booster 800 Domination Warp Disruptor
Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Heavy Nosferatu II Heavy Nosferatu II
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I [empty rig slot]
Ideas on improving (and that last rig slot)?
Edit obviously the faction/name of an item will be tweaked depending on price so just use place holders now perhaps with a suggestion for a must have faction version.
Win 2B isk |

beor oranes
Caldari Skill Level Six Dara Cothrom
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 01:25:00 -
[16]
Watch the videos by Fortune Mitford and Clawknight (both from the corp Annihilate) both of them fly Maelstroms in highsec with a lot of success. HG Crystals would just make the Mael even better than it already is. Rokh with HG Crystals is also nice. ------------------------------------------------ Either pick a dry year when fighting wars or civilize the moronic races and have no wars at all! |

Xephys
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 01:40:00 -
[17]
How about this? I think that's not breaking 2b, not too sure. If it's too much, a downgrade wouldn't hurt it too much, I think.
Linkage
Some adjustments can be made, but I think that'll hold up in high sec.
|

Spaztick
Canadian Imperial Armaments Veritas Immortalis
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 01:44:00 -
[18]
[Sleipnir, Kinda Typical setup] Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Damage Control II Co-Processor II
10MN MicroWarpdrive II X-Large Shield Booster II Warp Disruptor II Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M Skirmish Warfare Link - Interdiction Maneuvers
Projectile Ambit Extension I Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Warrior II x5 Warrior II x3
If you have a tackler take off the scram and slap on an invuln field. If you're really feeling risky, replace the ambit extension with a solidifier rig and get up close with hail (to be used against BC+ sized ships only). That's 700 dps/tank with drones, not including the crystal implants and turret hardwires (both tank and dps are boosted to 800 with implants), all for around 1.4 billion. ...but on a serious note, more people should have some type of spacer in their sigs to show it's not part of the post.
|

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 01:44:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Xephys How about this? I think that's not breaking 2b, not too sure. If it's too much, a downgrade wouldn't hurt it too much, I think.
Linkage
Some adjustments can be made, but I think that'll hold up in high sec.
Definately one of the ships i'll look into, I need a bit of training for a mael (I never bothered doing large ac's but meh, just a month or so).
Win 2B isk |

Khraunus
Amarr Suddenly Ninjas Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 02:42:00 -
[20]
Originally by: SODJFSDJFOIWEJOJOIEJFOIW
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Your name, it just broke my forums! WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!? Most importantly, how are you supposed to tell whether this is part of my post or my signature? |

eXtas
Atomic Battle Penguins
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 05:51:00 -
[21]
nightmare, rokh, raven
[Nightmare, New Setup x] Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Damage Control II t2 HS
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier (or webb for smaller targets) Amarr Navy Heavy Capacitor Booster, Cap Booster 800 Domination Warp Disruptor
Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Heavy Nosferatu II Heavy Nosferatu II or neut if you plan to take it of docking range
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I t2 Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I t2 the rig that makes booster use less cap :P
nosses will be grate for 1vs1 and stuff but neuts will be beter vs smaller ships... allso a webb might be usefull :P
rokh and ravens are win for 1vs1 with crystal set... I know a guy that lost a vindi to that :P
|

Zeba
Minmatar Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 06:14:00 -
[22]
Originally by: eXtas rokh and ravens are win for 1vs1 with crystal set... I know a guy that lost a vindi to that :P
Yeah for pure lulz fun take a normal raven out to pvp with a hg crystal set in and be amused when just as your opponent thinks he has you into armor you boost right back up to full shield in seconds. Great for those 'Wtf?!' type of replys in local. 
inappropriate signature. ~WeatherMan |

Xiaodown
coracao ardente Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 06:57:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Spaztick [Sleipnir, Kinda Typical setup] Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Damage Control II Co-Processor II
10MN MicroWarpdrive II X-Large Shield Booster II Warp Disruptor II Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Barrage M Skirmish Warfare Link - Interdiction Maneuvers
Projectile Ambit Extension I Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I
Warrior II x5 Warrior II x3
If you have a tackler take off the scram and slap on an invuln field. If you're really feeling risky, replace the ambit extension with a solidifier rig and get up close with hail (to be used against BC+ sized ships only). That's 700 dps/tank with drones, not including the crystal implants and turret hardwires (both tank and dps are boosted to 800 with implants), all for around 1.4 billion.
I like it, but if you're shoe-horning an XL booster, and have HG crystals, wouldn't you want a shield boost amp? Maybe in place of the sensor booster?
--
Sig under construction.
|

Chainsaw Plankton
IDLE GUNS IDLE EMPIRE
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 09:42:00 -
[24]
This
I think you are a smart enough guy that you can tweak the fittings below the 2 bil mark.
... err was that 2 bil for the whole ship or just the fittings, not sure I read that part right 
[Nightmare, PeeVeePee] Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Damage Control II
Pith A-Type X-Large Shield Booster Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800 Warp Disruptor II True Sansha Stasis Webifier
Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II Core Defence Capacitor safeguard II Core Defence Capacitor safeguard II
Ogre II x2 Hammerhead II x2 Hobgoblin II x1
maelstrom is pretty sweet too, but the nightmare is VERTICAL!
|

ClogMan
Caldari Unknown-Heroes Night Sky Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 11:44:00 -
[25]
[Maelstrom, Gank Maelstrom] Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Gyrostabilizer II Damage Control II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800 Warp Disruptor II Shield Boost Amplifier II Invulnerability Field II Shield Boost Amplifier II Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster
800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L 800mm Repeating Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP L
Core Defence Operational Solidifier I Core Defence Operational Solidifier I Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Ogre II x4
HG set, some +5% dmg to large projectiles, Improved Blue Pill. 2447 DPS burst tank. 1100 DPS damage. Not that expensive setup, so plenty of room for further pimpage.
|

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 16:01:00 -
[26]
Kind of fallen in love with the maelstrom more and more the more I experiment.
atm (I dont even have large hybrid turret yet ) i'm thinking about this fitting:
[Maelstrom, tank] Dark Blood Power Diagnostic System Damage Control II Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800 Warp Disruptor II
Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Ogre II x4
Not entirely sure about the rigs etc but it looks pretty promising on the stats.
Win 2B isk |

DHB WildCat
coracao ardente Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 16:15:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Chainsaw Plankton This
I think you are a smart enough guy that you can tweak the fittings below the 2 bil mark.
... err was that 2 bil for the whole ship or just the fittings, not sure I read that part right 
[Nightmare, PeeVeePee] Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Amarr Navy Heat Sink Damage Control II
Pith A-Type X-Large Shield Booster Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800 Warp Disruptor II True Sansha Stasis Webifier
Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Mega Pulse Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency L Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II Core Defence Capacitor safeguard II Core Defence Capacitor safeguard II
Ogre II x2 Hammerhead II x2 Hobgoblin II x1
maelstrom is pretty sweet too, but the nightmare is VERTICAL!
That set-up looks kinda familiar.
Wild
|

Rennion
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 16:40:00 -
[28]
Tried switching one of those invulns to a shield boost amp on that last mael setup?
Not at eft now to do any warrioring but iirc when you use rig slots for added resists the 2nd boost amp provides more tank than the second invlun. Also epic rep amounts are fun.
I might be wrong though and the trade off is slightly reduced EHP. If I am then 
|

kublai
Art of War
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 16:47:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Rennion Tried switching one of those invulns to a shield boost amp on that last mael setup?
Not at eft now to do any warrioring but iirc when you use rig slots for added resists the 2nd boost amp provides more tank than the second invlun. Also epic rep amounts are fun.
I might be wrong though and the trade off is slightly reduced EHP. If I am then 
It does nerf resists quite harsh i'm afraid, the rig slots can't make up for it
Win 2B isk |

Xephys
|
Posted - 2009.01.03 18:15:00 -
[30]
Originally by: kublai Kind of fallen in love with the maelstrom more and more the more I experiment.
atm (I dont even have large hybrid turret yet ) i'm thinking about this fitting:
[Maelstrom, tank] Dark Blood Power Diagnostic System Damage Control II Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Caldari Navy X-Large Shield Booster Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800 Warp Disruptor II
Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L Republic Fleet 800mm Repeating Artillery, Republic Fleet EMP L
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Ogre II x4
Not entirely sure about the rigs etc but it looks pretty promising on the stats.
Yeah, that looks pretty good, but I'm pretty sure Cald Navy booster sucks and a Pith A/B would be much better, even for the pricetag. Also, the faction guns really aren't worth it, trust me on that.
I'm guessing I know where you got this budget from. ;)
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |