| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Oveur
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 09:51:00 -
[31]
I'd like to rule out packet loss since network problems always happen close to a patch since we patch more than chain-smoker trying to quit. A very nice and graphical tool is Pingplotter which gives you a very visual image of what's happening between you and the final destination. OK, I think I just jinxed us by saying that (Movie ref.)
Then send screenshots or dumps to [email protected] if it is indeed network related. I'll check out your BR. Use this ip address: 166.63.214.198 _____________________________ I say hey sky, s'other say I won say, I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol. |

Oveur
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 09:51:00 -
[32]
I'd like to rule out packet loss since network problems always happen close to a patch since we patch more than chain-smoker trying to quit. A very nice and graphical tool is Pingplotter which gives you a very visual image of what's happening between you and the final destination. OK, I think I just jinxed us by saying that (Movie ref.)
Then send screenshots or dumps to [email protected] if it is indeed network related. I'll check out your BR. Use this ip address: 166.63.214.198 _____________________________ I say hey sky, s'other say I won say, I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol. |

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 10:11:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Oveur
I'll check out your BR.
What's 'BR' ?
Thanks for the info, think I'll plot some info over the weekend. |

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 10:11:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Oveur
I'll check out your BR.
What's 'BR' ?
Thanks for the info, think I'll plot some info over the weekend. |

Estios
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 10:24:00 -
[35]
Let me guess DC, you have an Nvidia Motherboard right ??
I used to get this on my old PC and have 2 other corp mates who get it , all use Nvidia chipsets.
So HMV consider Andy Williams and Dean Martin to be "easy listening" do they? Tell that to my mate Dave, he's been deaf for 20 years.
|

Estios
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 10:24:00 -
[36]
Let me guess DC, you have an Nvidia Motherboard right ??
I used to get this on my old PC and have 2 other corp mates who get it , all use Nvidia chipsets.
So HMV consider Andy Williams and Dean Martin to be "easy listening" do they? Tell that to my mate Dave, he's been deaf for 20 years.
|

Eyeshadow
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 11:01:00 -
[37]
i used to get it all the time on my old machine (850 celeron, 256sdram old mobo) usually when mining and nearly always just after having said something in a chat window. Screen would lock up for 1-2minutes then suddenly start moving again. real annoying, specially when in low sec mining ops
Since i upgraded to a XP2600+, 1gig ddr400 ram new nforce2 mobo i havent had it once. Cant really explain it but then i just assumed it was my crappy old machine
Forums: Sharks - MC |

Eyeshadow
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 11:01:00 -
[38]
i used to get it all the time on my old machine (850 celeron, 256sdram old mobo) usually when mining and nearly always just after having said something in a chat window. Screen would lock up for 1-2minutes then suddenly start moving again. real annoying, specially when in low sec mining ops
Since i upgraded to a XP2600+, 1gig ddr400 ram new nforce2 mobo i havent had it once. Cant really explain it but then i just assumed it was my crappy old machine
Forums: Sharks - MC |

Gungankllr
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 12:40:00 -
[39]
I have the same problem. I usually get it right before I get to a destination while warping, where you hear the warping sound but your screen is frozen and you can't do anything.
Hasn't been a big deal in a Scorpion doing L3 agent missions, but I would imagine that if it happened while NPC hunting in 0.0 or some other dangerous activity it would result in death.
I doubt there is any way to track this happening, so my question is: If I lose a ship to this bug, where my screen is frozen for as long as 2-3 minutes and information is not being updated client side but is running normally server side, will I be reimbursed for my ship loss?
www.hadean.org
|

Gungankllr
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 12:40:00 -
[40]
I have the same problem. I usually get it right before I get to a destination while warping, where you hear the warping sound but your screen is frozen and you can't do anything.
Hasn't been a big deal in a Scorpion doing L3 agent missions, but I would imagine that if it happened while NPC hunting in 0.0 or some other dangerous activity it would result in death.
I doubt there is any way to track this happening, so my question is: If I lose a ship to this bug, where my screen is frozen for as long as 2-3 minutes and information is not being updated client side but is running normally server side, will I be reimbursed for my ship loss?
www.hadean.org
|

nieo
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 12:41:00 -
[41]
Quote: I also did another test, while I was "frozen" in this state, I tried warping to somewhere, but nothing happened. Then I waited for it to clear up and the result was one second of my ship in warp and then the next moment I was there - as if everything was fast forwarded. This I find especially disturbing.
Oh my. I get that on daily basis and it drives me insane. A few times when I've been using autopilot, the game fast forwards me one or two complete systems including jumps. About your other bug about the screen going unresponsive, I've got it once - in a fight. Luckily I got out of there alive, but it was pretty scary to just sit there and watch them enemies having all the time in the world to try and blow things up.
I'll try and give PingPlotter a go in order to see if I can get some valuable data to submit to CCP.
|

nieo
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 12:41:00 -
[42]
Quote: I also did another test, while I was "frozen" in this state, I tried warping to somewhere, but nothing happened. Then I waited for it to clear up and the result was one second of my ship in warp and then the next moment I was there - as if everything was fast forwarded. This I find especially disturbing.
Oh my. I get that on daily basis and it drives me insane. A few times when I've been using autopilot, the game fast forwards me one or two complete systems including jumps. About your other bug about the screen going unresponsive, I've got it once - in a fight. Luckily I got out of there alive, but it was pretty scary to just sit there and watch them enemies having all the time in the world to try and blow things up.
I'll try and give PingPlotter a go in order to see if I can get some valuable data to submit to CCP.
|

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 12:47:00 -
[43]
Edited by: Stront3h on 24/09/2004 12:50:51
Originally by: Eyeshadow Since i upgraded to a XP2600+, 1gig ddr400 ram new nforce2 mobo i havent had it once.
Can't be nvidia mobo's that are causing the problem then.
I have an nvidia mobo and I still get the problem. Tbh this would appear to be more of a network issue than client side hardware.
It may help to know how indivuals are routed to the server. I personaly feel that it doesn't help my cause that my ISP (UK based) routes me via New York to get to a server 70 miles away from where I live. 
This would appear to be due to the lack of a piering agreement between EVE's hosts and my ISP. (I'm not sure if this is still the case, but will traceroute it again tomorrow)
EDIT: I can't spell  |

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 12:47:00 -
[44]
Edited by: Stront3h on 24/09/2004 12:50:51
Originally by: Eyeshadow Since i upgraded to a XP2600+, 1gig ddr400 ram new nforce2 mobo i havent had it once.
Can't be nvidia mobo's that are causing the problem then.
I have an nvidia mobo and I still get the problem. Tbh this would appear to be more of a network issue than client side hardware.
It may help to know how indivuals are routed to the server. I personaly feel that it doesn't help my cause that my ISP (UK based) routes me via New York to get to a server 70 miles away from where I live. 
This would appear to be due to the lack of a piering agreement between EVE's hosts and my ISP. (I'm not sure if this is still the case, but will traceroute it again tomorrow)
EDIT: I can't spell  |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 13:06:00 -
[45]
Ok well I did upgrade to an Asus motherboard with an nforce2 chipset shortly before, and it supported 8x AGP whereas my other board only went to 4x. Could be something related to that, I'm not sure..
I'll do a tracert with that program and send the results to CCP.
I'm kind of dissapointed there doesn't seem to be a concrete fix for this besides relogging. My luck is being worn down to a stub, and I just know if I don't get it fixed, its going to cost me a Helios and a full set of implants. In a vain attempt to resolve a possible router block I've added EVE to my IP filter just in case. Haven't seen the problem yet but its only been one day. Did notice a decrease in lag, I think..  _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 13:06:00 -
[46]
Ok well I did upgrade to an Asus motherboard with an nforce2 chipset shortly before, and it supported 8x AGP whereas my other board only went to 4x. Could be something related to that, I'm not sure..
I'll do a tracert with that program and send the results to CCP.
I'm kind of dissapointed there doesn't seem to be a concrete fix for this besides relogging. My luck is being worn down to a stub, and I just know if I don't get it fixed, its going to cost me a Helios and a full set of implants. In a vain attempt to resolve a possible router block I've added EVE to my IP filter just in case. Haven't seen the problem yet but its only been one day. Did notice a decrease in lag, I think..  _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Lefevre
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 13:13:00 -
[47]
Edited by: Lefevre on 24/09/2004 13:15:56 I have exactly the same problem. Sometimes I can get it a lot of times during a day and sometimes I don't have this problem for a week then it comes back. 
Teddybears |

Lefevre
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 13:13:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Lefevre on 24/09/2004 13:15:56 I have exactly the same problem. Sometimes I can get it a lot of times during a day and sometimes I don't have this problem for a week then it comes back. 
Teddybears |

Ronyo Dae'Loki
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 13:20:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Ronyo Dae'Loki on 24/09/2004 13:22:48 OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem. It's terrible... I call it "power-lag."
The moment I notice it I relog--relogging is quicker than hoping the problem takes care of itself.
Luckily I've only lost 1 ship to it so far (Thorax)
Computer:
AthlonXP 2600+ ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe 1 gig DDR RAM GeForce4 Ti4200 ------------- My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants. I <3 ( . Y . ) |

Ronyo Dae'Loki
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 13:20:00 -
[50]
Edited by: Ronyo Dae'Loki on 24/09/2004 13:22:48 OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem. It's terrible... I call it "power-lag."
The moment I notice it I relog--relogging is quicker than hoping the problem takes care of itself.
Luckily I've only lost 1 ship to it so far (Thorax)
Computer:
AthlonXP 2600+ ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe 1 gig DDR RAM GeForce4 Ti4200 ------------- My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants. I <3 ( . Y . ) |

Darmed Khan
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 14:16:00 -
[51]
I'm not entirely sure if it's the same problem I've been having as you lot, but I get something very similar. For the past few months I've been stuck using dialup, and every so often EVE will just stop talking to the server. I can move the camera round, issue commands, etc, but nothing happens and my modem shows no activity. Quit EVE and restart and it'll go back to working fine. What's even weirder is that when it happens, /all/ my internet access stops - if I try and load a web page then there'll be a second or two of activity and then nothing. Quit EVE, and it comes back to life.
For a while I assumed it was just a problem with my ISP, but here's an odd thing - it seems to happen in some solar systems more than others. For example if I go through Alenia or a surrounding system then it's almost guaranteed to happen.
In a few days I'll be back on broadband though, so I'll be able to check and see if I still get the problems. I can't remember whether I had this problem before I had to switch to modem, but that was around start of summer anyway so the problem might not have been around then.
I've also lost a ship or two over this, but that's not what bothers me - what does bother me is that if the lag clears by itself then the EVE client and server are out of sync and all your activities have a delay of a minute or two until all the nearby rats are dead or you warp to a different area.
|

Darmed Khan
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 14:16:00 -
[52]
I'm not entirely sure if it's the same problem I've been having as you lot, but I get something very similar. For the past few months I've been stuck using dialup, and every so often EVE will just stop talking to the server. I can move the camera round, issue commands, etc, but nothing happens and my modem shows no activity. Quit EVE and restart and it'll go back to working fine. What's even weirder is that when it happens, /all/ my internet access stops - if I try and load a web page then there'll be a second or two of activity and then nothing. Quit EVE, and it comes back to life.
For a while I assumed it was just a problem with my ISP, but here's an odd thing - it seems to happen in some solar systems more than others. For example if I go through Alenia or a surrounding system then it's almost guaranteed to happen.
In a few days I'll be back on broadband though, so I'll be able to check and see if I still get the problems. I can't remember whether I had this problem before I had to switch to modem, but that was around start of summer anyway so the problem might not have been around then.
I've also lost a ship or two over this, but that's not what bothers me - what does bother me is that if the lag clears by itself then the EVE client and server are out of sync and all your activities have a delay of a minute or two until all the nearby rats are dead or you warp to a different area.
|

Lefevre
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 14:46:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Ronyo Dae'Loki Edited by: Ronyo Dae'Loki on 24/09/2004 13:22:48 OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem. It's terrible... I call it "power-lag."
The moment I notice it I relog--relogging is quicker than hoping the problem takes care of itself.
Luckily I've only lost 1 ship to it so far (Thorax)
Computer:
AthlonXP 2600+ ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe 1 gig DDR RAM GeForce4 Ti4200
hmm maybe it is hardware related. I have the same computer setup except my cpu is a Barton 2500+
Teddybears |

Lefevre
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 14:46:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Ronyo Dae'Loki Edited by: Ronyo Dae'Loki on 24/09/2004 13:22:48 OMG I thought I was the only one with this problem. It's terrible... I call it "power-lag."
The moment I notice it I relog--relogging is quicker than hoping the problem takes care of itself.
Luckily I've only lost 1 ship to it so far (Thorax)
Computer:
AthlonXP 2600+ ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe 1 gig DDR RAM GeForce4 Ti4200
hmm maybe it is hardware related. I have the same computer setup except my cpu is a Barton 2500+
Teddybears |

Ninja Panda
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 14:57:00 -
[55]
Im telling you, its HARDWARE related for sure and Im almost adamant its ASUS boards
I used to get it a lot with my old machine (ASUS board) and dont get it at all anymore on my new machine.
My flatmate now gets it (he bought my old machine)
My corp mate never used to get, bought a ASUS board in a new machine and now gets the 'shaky screen of uncontrolability'. Another corp mate gets it and he has ASUS board. No-one in my corp without an ASUS board has ever got this problem.
Im totally the most un-techie person in the world but I know its clearly got to be related to this hardware area.
I bet you never used to get it before you changed to ASUS ??
Nubtastic Nubmen, to the Nubmobile
|

Ninja Panda
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 14:57:00 -
[56]
Im telling you, its HARDWARE related for sure and Im almost adamant its ASUS boards
I used to get it a lot with my old machine (ASUS board) and dont get it at all anymore on my new machine.
My flatmate now gets it (he bought my old machine)
My corp mate never used to get, bought a ASUS board in a new machine and now gets the 'shaky screen of uncontrolability'. Another corp mate gets it and he has ASUS board. No-one in my corp without an ASUS board has ever got this problem.
Im totally the most un-techie person in the world but I know its clearly got to be related to this hardware area.
I bet you never used to get it before you changed to ASUS ??
Nubtastic Nubmen, to the Nubmobile
|

Ninja Panda
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:00:00 -
[57]
Edited by: Ninja Panda on 24/09/2004 15:08:47 And yes it was the A7N8X board I had and my corpmates have, donations of isk for pinpointing this will be greatly received towards my turtle sanctuary.
(or you could sell your isk on ebay and buy a new Mobo )
I know EXACTLY the problem, I bet it happens mainly when you try to warp to something. Screen will simply shake about and you wont go anywhere but your corp mates will be on TS going "yeah your here at the gate dude getting wtfpwnd" ....approx 2 mins later (if you dont log) your screen will unhang and you will be at your destination and you will have 'caught' up with everyone else. I happened to me doing other tasks like npc'ing too.
Im gonna say it again just so you know, its mobo chipset/driver related FOR SURE. NOTHING TO DO with IP's.
I will bet my lucky red hat that anyone who does get the shaky screen syndrome has an Nvidia/ASUS board
Nubtastic Nubmen, to the Nubmobile
|

Ninja Panda
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:00:00 -
[58]
Edited by: Ninja Panda on 24/09/2004 15:08:47 And yes it was the A7N8X board I had and my corpmates have, donations of isk for pinpointing this will be greatly received towards my turtle sanctuary.
(or you could sell your isk on ebay and buy a new Mobo )
I know EXACTLY the problem, I bet it happens mainly when you try to warp to something. Screen will simply shake about and you wont go anywhere but your corp mates will be on TS going "yeah your here at the gate dude getting wtfpwnd" ....approx 2 mins later (if you dont log) your screen will unhang and you will be at your destination and you will have 'caught' up with everyone else. I happened to me doing other tasks like npc'ing too.
Im gonna say it again just so you know, its mobo chipset/driver related FOR SURE. NOTHING TO DO with IP's.
I will bet my lucky red hat that anyone who does get the shaky screen syndrome has an Nvidia/ASUS board
Nubtastic Nubmen, to the Nubmobile
|

MaiLina KaTar
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:01:00 -
[59]
Edited by: MaiLina KaTar on 24/09/2004 15:03:49 I have never experienced the problems you guys described.
My machine:
AMD Athlon XP1800+ Elitegroup K7S5A Mobo, 768MB DDR Infineon Onboard 100M LAN Creative Soundblaster Live! Value soundcard MSI GF 4 Ti4200 64MB gfx card, Nvidia driver 61.77
The only "freeze" I get sometimes occurs right before I arrive at an asteroid belt. Then the screen will freeze for up to 10 seconds but my guess is that this is more a "loading" issue that anything else.
Mai's Idealog |

MaiLina KaTar
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:01:00 -
[60]
Edited by: MaiLina KaTar on 24/09/2004 15:03:49 I have never experienced the problems you guys described.
My machine:
AMD Athlon XP1800+ Elitegroup K7S5A Mobo, 768MB DDR Infineon Onboard 100M LAN Creative Soundblaster Live! Value soundcard MSI GF 4 Ti4200 64MB gfx card, Nvidia driver 61.77
The only "freeze" I get sometimes occurs right before I arrive at an asteroid belt. Then the screen will freeze for up to 10 seconds but my guess is that this is more a "loading" issue that anything else.
Mai's Idealog |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |