| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:03:00 -
[61]
Hhhmmm then why has someone with an ASUS mobo posted up there that they don't have a problem? |

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:03:00 -
[62]
Hhhmmm then why has someone with an ASUS mobo posted up there that they don't have a problem? |

Ninja Panda
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:18:00 -
[63]
I didnt say everyone who has one gets the problem, I said everyone who gets teh problem has one of them boards ....thats a distinct difference.
It may be the other bits working with it ie GFX card, the mobo drivers being used, the guys lying/very lucky.
Seems a little strange that everyone who IS getting this issue has a ASUS board and Ive never seen it since changing ???
Nubtastic Nubmen, to the Nubmobile
|

Ninja Panda
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:18:00 -
[64]
I didnt say everyone who has one gets the problem, I said everyone who gets teh problem has one of them boards ....thats a distinct difference.
It may be the other bits working with it ie GFX card, the mobo drivers being used, the guys lying/very lucky.
Seems a little strange that everyone who IS getting this issue has a ASUS board and Ive never seen it since changing ???
Nubtastic Nubmen, to the Nubmobile
|

DB Preacher
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:42:00 -
[65]
Yep same here and yep, I have an Asus Mo-bo.
dbp
Current RKK Ranking: (CAL4) Soldier
Drop by and say hi in Reikoku Forums.
|

DB Preacher
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 15:42:00 -
[66]
Yep same here and yep, I have an Asus Mo-bo.
dbp
Current RKK Ranking: (CAL4) Soldier
Drop by and say hi in Reikoku Forums.
|

RedClaws
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 16:31:00 -
[67]
oh so it isn't "just" lag?
Me and a couple of corpmates of mine have it aswell but its not real lag cause its just 1 person that has it in the entire system and it clears itself up after just a minute or 1.5.
Strange...
btw : i have a dfi atx nf-II ultra infinity nforce 2 mainboard (nvidia chipset)
|

RedClaws
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 16:31:00 -
[68]
oh so it isn't "just" lag?
Me and a couple of corpmates of mine have it aswell but its not real lag cause its just 1 person that has it in the entire system and it clears itself up after just a minute or 1.5.
Strange...
btw : i have a dfi atx nf-II ultra infinity nforce 2 mainboard (nvidia chipset)
|

qrac
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 16:33:00 -
[69]
same here... a7n8x. -------------------------------------------
Insanes numquam moriuntur! |

qrac
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 16:33:00 -
[70]
same here... a7n8x. -------------------------------------------
Insanes numquam moriuntur! |

Twaddle
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 17:08:00 -
[71]
Same thing happens to me on average 2-3 times a day and I use an ABIT board and an FX5200. I have noticed this happen while docked too although it's not obvious unless you're actually trying to do something though. The one common sign that I have noticed whether I'm docked, trying to warp, approaching a gate, in combat or just sitting in space is a chat window bug.
You can still switch through chat windows although you don't get any new text until the "lag" clears (usually seems to be about 45 seconds). During this time any chat window which has a scrollbar in it will show the slider at the top position although you are actually seeing the most recent posts. If you click on the slider it takes you back to the top posts (correct chat position for the slider position) and you can drag it back down again as normal to see the most recent posts up to the point where the "lag" hit. If you look at another chat window and then come back the slider will be at the top again. If you try to type anything into chat you seem to be able to post once as normal but any further posting attempts are greeted by the beep you get when trying to type in multiple lines very quickly during normal conditions.
If this happens to you in combat you get some odd effects. Any targets you have locked already will have their icons disappear from the top of the screen as they are destroyed although they will still appear in space for quite a while afterwards. Damage will show behind the actual state of play though and you start off appearing to do no damage and the target will die while still showing a good portion of its armor remaining. You can switch between previously locked targets and activate mods on them as normal although you will see the effects in space considerably behind time. In-space graphics move slower than usual, more notably near the start of the lagged period. If you try to lock any new targets you will see the timer box appear but the bar will extend a long way outside it and you will get a targeting time which suggests you are being dampened. Dampening is clearly not the cause when fighting NPC's. If you are still in combat when the "lag" clears you will see graphics occur at their normal pace but you will be living an "instant replay" of what anybody else present just saw. Once the level of actual activity has dropped sufficiently you will see the graphics fast forward and you will catch up with current events. Unfortunately you can't carry on as normal from this point as the capacitor display is bugged.
When you are approaching a gate and this happens you will see your ship continue to approach the gate, and other ships (including NPC's) continue their movement, very slowly along lines which seem to be predicted from information at the time the "lag" hit. Any activations of MWD's etc. are not seen until the fast-forward effect when the lag clears. The effect is almost that you see the frames you would normally expect during a 2-3 second period spread over about 45 seconds followed by the reverse of this. This isn't quite accurate however because ships progress much further than they would in those 2-3 seconds during the normal game experience.
Any warps which you engage while lagged or engaged immediately prior to the lag actually happen as normal for anybody viewing your ship from a different client. On your screen you will see different variations depending on how much activity there is in game.
Fortunately I've yet to lose a ship or a clone to this issue but it can only be a matter of time before it causes an expensive loss for me or somebody I'm flying with.
|

Twaddle
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 17:08:00 -
[72]
Same thing happens to me on average 2-3 times a day and I use an ABIT board and an FX5200. I have noticed this happen while docked too although it's not obvious unless you're actually trying to do something though. The one common sign that I have noticed whether I'm docked, trying to warp, approaching a gate, in combat or just sitting in space is a chat window bug.
You can still switch through chat windows although you don't get any new text until the "lag" clears (usually seems to be about 45 seconds). During this time any chat window which has a scrollbar in it will show the slider at the top position although you are actually seeing the most recent posts. If you click on the slider it takes you back to the top posts (correct chat position for the slider position) and you can drag it back down again as normal to see the most recent posts up to the point where the "lag" hit. If you look at another chat window and then come back the slider will be at the top again. If you try to type anything into chat you seem to be able to post once as normal but any further posting attempts are greeted by the beep you get when trying to type in multiple lines very quickly during normal conditions.
If this happens to you in combat you get some odd effects. Any targets you have locked already will have their icons disappear from the top of the screen as they are destroyed although they will still appear in space for quite a while afterwards. Damage will show behind the actual state of play though and you start off appearing to do no damage and the target will die while still showing a good portion of its armor remaining. You can switch between previously locked targets and activate mods on them as normal although you will see the effects in space considerably behind time. In-space graphics move slower than usual, more notably near the start of the lagged period. If you try to lock any new targets you will see the timer box appear but the bar will extend a long way outside it and you will get a targeting time which suggests you are being dampened. Dampening is clearly not the cause when fighting NPC's. If you are still in combat when the "lag" clears you will see graphics occur at their normal pace but you will be living an "instant replay" of what anybody else present just saw. Once the level of actual activity has dropped sufficiently you will see the graphics fast forward and you will catch up with current events. Unfortunately you can't carry on as normal from this point as the capacitor display is bugged.
When you are approaching a gate and this happens you will see your ship continue to approach the gate, and other ships (including NPC's) continue their movement, very slowly along lines which seem to be predicted from information at the time the "lag" hit. Any activations of MWD's etc. are not seen until the fast-forward effect when the lag clears. The effect is almost that you see the frames you would normally expect during a 2-3 second period spread over about 45 seconds followed by the reverse of this. This isn't quite accurate however because ships progress much further than they would in those 2-3 seconds during the normal game experience.
Any warps which you engage while lagged or engaged immediately prior to the lag actually happen as normal for anybody viewing your ship from a different client. On your screen you will see different variations depending on how much activity there is in game.
Fortunately I've yet to lose a ship or a clone to this issue but it can only be a matter of time before it causes an expensive loss for me or somebody I'm flying with.
|

Reptar
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 17:12:00 -
[73]
Happens to me rarely about once/twice a week, sometimes i get the "Connection to the Server has been lost" box pop up as it takes me to the login screen.
|

Reptar
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 17:12:00 -
[74]
Happens to me rarely about once/twice a week, sometimes i get the "Connection to the Server has been lost" box pop up as it takes me to the login screen.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 17:39:00 -
[75]
I've never had it.
Perhaps those suffering from it could list their system specs and ISP. Maybe we can find a link.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 17:39:00 -
[76]
I've never had it.
Perhaps those suffering from it could list their system specs and ISP. Maybe we can find a link.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 19:07:00 -
[77]
I think Twaddles post can confirm that it is a hardware issue and not a network issue. The "lag" seems to only affect what you see and not what is actually happening, so the computer is still doing the stuff like jumping if on autopilot and such but you just don't see it. makes sense to me because it would disconnect you if it was a lag thing, and I imagine the autopilot jumping when in jump range is client side.
|

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 19:07:00 -
[78]
I think Twaddles post can confirm that it is a hardware issue and not a network issue. The "lag" seems to only affect what you see and not what is actually happening, so the computer is still doing the stuff like jumping if on autopilot and such but you just don't see it. makes sense to me because it would disconnect you if it was a lag thing, and I imagine the autopilot jumping when in jump range is client side.
|

Trevedian
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 19:20:00 -
[79]
Never happened to me neither, and I play almost as much as Dirtball.
Sex0r > you're bounty turns me on.. you seem like the kind of amarrian to dominate me
|

Trevedian
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 19:20:00 -
[80]
Never happened to me neither, and I play almost as much as Dirtball.
Sex0r > you're bounty turns me on.. you seem like the kind of amarrian to dominate me
|

SPIONKOP
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 20:42:00 -
[81]
I got 2 machines connected to a small hub. It happens on the Athlone Machine 2 or 3 times a day but never on the cheap celeron machine. I tried changing the ports around but only ever effects the athlone machine. The celeron Machine is XP the Athlone machine is XP Pro.
If you use the command Ctrl/Shift/Alt/M you notice that you get a string of chars like sdasdf. The packets stop and catch up like 2mins later.
Support gave me a list of 15things to try. Last of which was to reinstall XP Pro. I have not done this.
|

SPIONKOP
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 20:42:00 -
[82]
I got 2 machines connected to a small hub. It happens on the Athlone Machine 2 or 3 times a day but never on the cheap celeron machine. I tried changing the ports around but only ever effects the athlone machine. The celeron Machine is XP the Athlone machine is XP Pro.
If you use the command Ctrl/Shift/Alt/M you notice that you get a string of chars like sdasdf. The packets stop and catch up like 2mins later.
Support gave me a list of 15things to try. Last of which was to reinstall XP Pro. I have not done this.
|

Plasmatique
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 21:08:00 -
[83]
Yep, seen it too
..................................... Proud Owner of a Navy Issue Raven
|

Plasmatique
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 21:08:00 -
[84]
Yep, seen it too
..................................... Proud Owner of a Navy Issue Raven
|

Namelesz
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 21:30:00 -
[85]
I seen this as well, and it has cost me an interceptor and podding. I never petitioned it though cause I figured I wouldnt get anything back. I get it mostly when coming out of or going into warp. If it happens when I go into warp it usually corrects by the time I get out, the bad times are when I come outta warp, hit the mwd to get to the gate, and then the screen does it's little "dance". I also have the same mobo mentioned by quite a few in this thread, the Asus a7n8x-deluxe. But what I do differently which some of you may not do is I don't use the onboard Network interface, I have my own 3com card in there which goes to my Linksys router, which will soon be updated to a wirelessG one. Well, I will be hardware shopping this weekend so we'll see if anything I get changes this bug from happening.
-Namelesz
"I never run away. I merely advance in the opposite direction." -Judicator "She was so dumb, the smartest thing to ever come out of her mouth was my *****." |

Namelesz
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 21:30:00 -
[86]
I seen this as well, and it has cost me an interceptor and podding. I never petitioned it though cause I figured I wouldnt get anything back. I get it mostly when coming out of or going into warp. If it happens when I go into warp it usually corrects by the time I get out, the bad times are when I come outta warp, hit the mwd to get to the gate, and then the screen does it's little "dance". I also have the same mobo mentioned by quite a few in this thread, the Asus a7n8x-deluxe. But what I do differently which some of you may not do is I don't use the onboard Network interface, I have my own 3com card in there which goes to my Linksys router, which will soon be updated to a wirelessG one. Well, I will be hardware shopping this weekend so we'll see if anything I get changes this bug from happening.
-Namelesz
"I never run away. I merely advance in the opposite direction." -Judicator "She was so dumb, the smartest thing to ever come out of her mouth was my *****." |

Lomithrandra
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 22:40:00 -
[87]
Run the logserver and submit a descriptive bug report, you never know YOU could be the one who helps to get this fixed.
_____________________________
Lomithrandra Lead Forum Moderator
[ Forum Rules ] |

Lomithrandra
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 22:40:00 -
[88]
Run the logserver and submit a descriptive bug report, you never know YOU could be the one who helps to get this fixed.
_____________________________
Lomithrandra Lead Forum Moderator
[ Forum Rules ] |

Wanoah
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 22:41:00 -
[89]
I have an A7N8X board, and I have never had this problem - just the standard lag that everyone gets. One or two corpmates have reported similar problems though. Just to try and rule that bit of the puzzle out.
Lag is the most evil pirate in the game. Of the 10 or so ships I've lost so far, lag has been the main factor in about 7 of those losses.
|

Wanoah
|
Posted - 2004.09.24 22:41:00 -
[90]
I have an A7N8X board, and I have never had this problem - just the standard lag that everyone gets. One or two corpmates have reported similar problems though. Just to try and rule that bit of the puzzle out.
Lag is the most evil pirate in the game. Of the 10 or so ships I've lost so far, lag has been the main factor in about 7 of those losses.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |