| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Knights Armament
Yale Socialite Club
77
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 10:23:00 -
[1] - Quote
I have two accounts, and I mine on both of them. I pay for the game with plex, as I am unemployed and can't afford to pay with cash. I have to mine in order to do this, however the ore in high sec space is limited, 19-40k veldspar roids make it tedious to micro manage two accounts, and continue studying or reading a book.
I want to go afk, and mine, mining isn't something I do for enjoyment, its something I do to keep my eve accounts going, making it less enjoyable by reducing ore amounts in high sec doesn't entice me to purchase more plex, or keep an account going, especially when the game interferes with my studies.
Basically my ultimatum to CCP is increase ore amounts, or I quit. https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=29554516-05f9-4eca-a942-32e1701a6569&action=buddy |

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
27
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 10:47:00 -
[2] - Quote
Hmm. Your comments are at best ill-informed and at worst troll-like but I shall reply briefly.
If you are unemployed you probably have some time to play EVE properly rather than try to afk it so I suggest maybe you try that. Ore amounts in high sec belts have not been reduced or nerfed and are unlikely to be reduced at least not in the short to medium term. I presume you are mining in 0.9 systems or something maybe where the other afkers all hang out. Move to slightly lower sec systems such as 0.6 or 0.5 and you will find veldspar rocks up to and over 100,000 units. Not that veldspar is the best rock to mine but whatever floats your boat.
Feel free to quit if you like.  |

Knights Armament
Yale Socialite Club
77
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 10:58:00 -
[3] - Quote
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:Hmm. Your comments are at best ill-informed and at worst troll-like but I shall reply briefly. If you are unemployed you probably have some time to play EVE properly rather than try to afk it so I suggest maybe you try that. Ore amounts in high sec belts have not been reduced or nerfed and are unlikely to be reduced at least not in the short to medium term. I presume you are mining in 0.9 systems or something maybe where the other afkers all hang out. Move to slightly lower sec systems such as 0.6 or 0.5 and you will find veldspar rocks up to and over 100,000 units. Not that veldspar is the best rock to mine but whatever floats your boat. Feel free to quit if you like. 
I don't have the time to play eve, I am unemployed due to my studies, and research. I don't intend on working for others so they can profit from my skills. My time is more valuable than the going rate. I play eve online not as some 3rd world job, but for enjoyment to ponder about the universe, unfortunately CCP has decided that nerfing mining was a good idea, and I have decided to cease caring about future CCP products. The mining nerfs are justification for non-renewal. https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=29554516-05f9-4eca-a942-32e1701a6569&action=buddy |

Victoria Sin
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
359
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 11:01:00 -
[4] - Quote
Whatever you do, make sure you find out who the local ass-hattery barge suicide alts are and set them red. Also, don't AFK mine anywhere. |

Knights Armament
Yale Socialite Club
77
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 11:33:00 -
[5] - Quote
Victoria Sin wrote:Whatever you do, make sure you find out who the local ass-hattery barge suicide alts are and set them red. Also, don't AFK mine anywhere.
I am not concerned about the pvp aspect, I am more concerned with the annoyance of constantly having to watch a blue beam and switch asteroids every cycle because mining has been nerfed. It doesn't make mining more fun to change targets ever cycle. https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=29554516-05f9-4eca-a942-32e1701a6569&action=buddy |

Elena Thiesant
Sun Micro Systems
442
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 11:59:00 -
[6] - Quote
Knights Armament wrote:I am not concerned about the pvp aspect, I am more concerned with the annoyance of constantly having to watch a blue beam and switch asteroids every cycle because mining has been nerfed.
Asteroid sizes have not been nerfed. The sizes of highsec asteroids and belts hasn't changed in who knows how long, certainly not recently.
If an asteroid has been mined to nothing then at next DT it respawns small. If it doesn't get mined at all, then it grows at DT the next day. Someone said it takes 3 days of not being mined for an asteroid to get back to max size. Hence if you're stripping the same belt every day, you will get small rocks, it's been like that for years.
|

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
27
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 12:29:00 -
[7] - Quote
I was wondering if the OP has a mental problem or is taking too many recreational drugs. But I think he may be getting his words mixed up as he mentioned blue beams. Therefore I presume he is talking not about ore but the changes in Odyssey to remove ice fields and replace them with ice anomalies. He liked to afk ice mine apparently and a spanner has been dropped into his machine.
I'm not a fan of afking anything in New Eden so it's fine by me. |

Zifrian
Licentia Ex Vereor Black Core Alliance
1039
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 13:38:00 -
[8] - Quote
If you are complaining about a video game, which you can't afford, not being fun for you while you are unemployed...sounds like you need to look at your priorities in life. Seriously, they are just pixels on a computer. Maximze your Industry Potential! - Get EVE Isk per Hour! |

Rengerel en Distel
1675
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 14:18:00 -
[9] - Quote
OP: I play EVE for enjoyment, but I want to do it totally AFK. My time is too valuable to play it properly, as I'm unemployed and should be doing better things with my time anyways.
With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.
|

joffre lannister
Valor Coalition RISE of LEGION
2
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 14:28:00 -
[10] - Quote
You should probably set your priorities straight if you're unemployed and are home playing video games. Contribute to society so my tax dollars don't go to waste. |

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
1504
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 14:49:00 -
[11] - Quote
Knights Armament wrote:I have two accounts, and I mine on both of them. I pay for the game with plex, as I am unemployed and can't afford to pay with cash. I have to mine in order to do this, however the ore in high sec space is limited, 19-40k veldspar roids make it tedious to micro manage two accounts, and continue studying or reading a book.
I want to go afk, and mine, mining isn't something I do for enjoyment, its something I do to keep my eve accounts going, making it less enjoyable by reducing ore amounts in high sec doesn't entice me to purchase more plex, or keep an account going, especially when the game interferes with my studies.
Basically my ultimatum to CCP is increase ore amounts, or I quit.
1. As others have said, ORE amounts have not changed in HS in years. Increasing them would make no difference as there would be more ore to mine, dropping the price as there are already tons of miners.
2. Find a better way to make isk. Mining is IMO horrible afk isk. I've tried but at the rate the asteroids pop it's hard to call AFk. I have found I make far better isk AFK hauling freight. Yes it takes a bit to get into (training for a freighter and the buying one). But i easily plex my hauler alt every month and pretty much its just pick up contract, set autopilot, check back in an hour or two.
3. If you have a little time to actually PLAY, there are non-afk ways to enjoy eve and make tons of isk.
[edit]
Quite frankly I'm surprised that someone who is studying and researching to be a mr brainy brainy university grad can only come up with mining as an EVE isk making activity. Not terribly inventive. |

Knights Armament
Yale Socialite Club
77
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 15:34:00 -
[12] - Quote
joffre lannister wrote:You should probably set your priorities straight if you're unemployed and are home playing video games. Contribute to society so my tax dollars don't go to waste.
First of all money is just debt, and each day we spend in debt all of our taxes are being wasted, we're in so much debt that it would take our nations entire gdp for 100 years to pay it back, money paper currency is literally worthless. https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=29554516-05f9-4eca-a942-32e1701a6569&action=buddy |

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
1614
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 18:18:00 -
[13] - Quote
Knights Armament wrote:joffre lannister wrote:You should probably set your priorities straight if you're unemployed and are home playing video games. Contribute to society so my tax dollars don't go to waste. First of all money is just debt, and each day we spend in debt all of our taxes are being wasted, we're in so much debt that it would take our nations entire gdp for 100 years to pay it back, money paper currency is literally worthless.
If you're talking about the US national debt, it's around 115% of the GDP. around 16 Trillion. Around 50k per head of population.
Private debt is around the 24 trillion mark. (according to one source).
So 100 years of the GDP is a little bit of an exaggeration.
Aside from that, in response to your ultimatum: Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Steve Ronuken for CSM 9!-á I'm starting early :) Handy tools and an SDE conversion Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter |

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
170
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 20:27:00 -
[14] - Quote
You don't buy plex with cash.
You want ccp to make it easier for you to play for free.
Your buying of plex for isk to sub the accounts makes plex cost more for the rest of us.
Many of employed players only have one account but you want to have 2 at no cost.
You pay nothing to ccp so you are not what they would consider a valued customer.
Your fix it or I quit is a big joke. Stupid or trolling seems to be the only case.
I try not to come off to mean most of the time but this is some seriously ***** for the purpose of bitching thread.
Just delete your account and realize that no skill is undervalued compared to any other, Your skill is worth what other people will pay and not a cent more.
You could make a case for the entire work force is under valued due to money making too much money devaluing labor as a whole. (( But that is best case ))
You want to play afk on top of all this.  |

Victoria Sin
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
359
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 20:34:00 -
[15] - Quote
Steve Ronuken wrote: Private debt is around the 24 trillion mark. (according to one source).
So 100 years of the GDP is a little bit of an exaggeration.
Also, a lot of that 24 trillion is secured debt, i.e. property, corporate bonds and so on. There's an asset there once the debt is repaid.
|

joffre lannister
Valor Coalition RISE of LEGION
2
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 21:17:00 -
[16] - Quote
In before political posts & ultimate user banning for spreading left/right wing ideas. |

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
1504
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 22:03:00 -
[17] - Quote
Ireland VonVicious wrote:You don't buy plex with cash. You want ccp to make it easier for you to play for free. Your buying of plex for isk to sub the accounts makes plex cost more for the rest of us. Many of employed players only have one account but you want to have 2 at no cost. You pay nothing to ccp so you are not what they would consider a valued customer. Your fix it or I quit is a big joke. Stupid or trolling seems to be the only case. I try not to come off to mean most of the time but this is some seriously ***** for the purpose of bitching thread. Just delete your account and realize that no skill is undervalued compared to any other, Your skill is worth what other people will pay and not a cent more. You could make a case for the entire work force is under valued due to money making too much money devaluing labor as a whole. (( But that is best case )) You want to play afk on top of all this. 
There is so much fail in this post.
1. His 2 accounts of plex will not change the cost. The large part of plex cost is all the uber rich hoarding them anyhow. 2. CCP LOVE's people who pay with plex. They provide the market for people who buy plex with real money. PLEX is the HIGHEST price a person can pay for a monthly sub in terms of real life money. So CCP makes MORE money off PLEX'd accounts than people who pay normally. |

Sasha Rama
Viziam Amarr Empire
12
|
Posted - 2013.07.07 23:57:00 -
[18] - Quote
Ireland VonVicious wrote:You don't buy plex with cash. You want ccp to make it easier for you to play for free. Your buying of plex for isk to sub the accounts makes plex cost more for the rest of us. Many of employed players only have one account but you want to have 2 at no cost. You pay nothing to ccp so you are not what they would consider a valued customer. Your fix it or I quit is a big joke. Stupid or trolling seems to be the only case. I try not to come off to mean most of the time but this is some seriously ***** for the purpose of bitching thread. Just delete your account and realize that no skill is undervalued compared to any other, Your skill is worth what other people will pay and not a cent more. You could make a case for the entire work force is under valued due to money making too much money devaluing labor as a whole. (( But that is best case )) You want to play afk on top of all this. 
Wow. You are stupid. |

Saleani Tsolyani
Bey Su
9
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 00:06:00 -
[19] - Quote
Under the presumption that you like mining, why not do mining missions? At level 4, you're picking up 2k-4k LP and 2-4M isk per mission. Every 16 gets you a storyline mission, and I've gotten a lot of Shipyard Theft for storyline missions (you have a chance at a mindlink implant and they sell for 100M to over 1B for the mining one). You can then get your corp standing to where you can put up towers in high sec. Perhaps you'd also like to go into business selling corporations with standings to place towers. 2 sample threads from page 1 of the sell orders forum are 1, 2. I don't know how large this business is, but that looks like it could bring in half a plex per month per character.
Under the presumption that you want to mine and do only mining, there are a lot of systems out in the ass end of space where no one goes. Or there are too many belts for plagues of locusts to deplete. My previous corp used to hang out in Yarebap and Finid. Those 2 systems have 50 asteroid belts between them. There were lots of Russians during the day, but even peak East European time had less people in local than there were belts in system. Other parts of space that were pretty empty last year (things may have changed) include Ivih and Semosh out in Tash-Murkon: far from the markets and one of the systems lacks stations.
My experience is that systems with no stations tend to have much larger asteroid belts than systems with stations. Every time I pass through Keberz, it is full of ore sites and I'm the only one in local. Highsec, adjacent to null, has no stations. |

Tauranon
Weeesearch
198
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 01:17:00 -
[20] - Quote
Knights Armament wrote:I have two accounts, and I mine on both of them. I pay for the game with plex, as I am unemployed and can't afford to pay with cash. I have to mine in order to do this, however the ore in high sec space is limited, 19-40k veldspar roids make it tedious to micro manage two accounts, and continue studying or reading a book.
I want to go afk, and mine, mining isn't something I do for enjoyment, its something I do to keep my eve accounts going, making it less enjoyable by reducing ore amounts in high sec doesn't entice me to purchase more plex, or keep an account going, especially when the game interferes with my studies.
Basically my ultimatum to CCP is increase ore amounts, or I quit.
There is no point to you as a player in a multiplayer game. CCP could replace you with a script that secretly spawned 2 plexes worth of minerals, sold them and bought 2 plexes from the market.
ie your opinion and threat are both irrelevant.
|

Felicity Love
Interstellar Booty Hunters
728
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 04:57:00 -
[21] - Quote
Which systems do you mine AFK in again ?
Proud Beta Tester for "Bumping Uglies for Dummies" |

Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
198
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 14:54:00 -
[22] - Quote
sounds like an old ice miner that's having problems adjusting to asteroids. |

Beckie DeLey
Hyperfleet Industries xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
476
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 17:15:00 -
[23] - Quote
So you are playing a game that isn't fun for you, that you can't afford and don't have time for?
Maybe the game doesn't need to change for you but you need to find a different game?
Crazy, i know. Completely out of the box. You are probably wishing right now that you thought of that.
You are very welcome.
Bye. My siren's name is Brick and she is the prettiest. |

Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
345
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 17:31:00 -
[24] - Quote
Knights Armament wrote:I have two accounts, and I mine on both of them. I pay for the game with plex, as I am unemployed and can't afford to pay with cash. I have to mine in order to do this, however the ore in high sec space is limited, 19-40k veldspar roids make it tedious to micro manage two accounts, and continue studying or reading a book.
I want to go afk, and mine, mining isn't something I do for enjoyment, its something I do to keep my eve accounts going, making it less enjoyable by reducing ore amounts in high sec doesn't entice me to purchase more plex, or keep an account going, especially when the game interferes with my studies.
Basically my ultimatum to CCP is increase ore amounts, or I quit.
Your only option is to move to less crowded space, which doesn't necessarily mean leaving high-sec, and then go for asteroid scan sites, rather than asteroid belts. In scan sites, the ore is concentrated into fewer but larger asteroids.
They usde to be called gravimetric sites, and you had to use probe scanning to find them, but now they automatically show up on your scanner as soon as you open the right scan window. |

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
2246
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 19:43:00 -
[25] - Quote
1.) There are many ways of making isk in this game, most of them more profitable than mining veldespar in highsec. Examples: Manufacturing: (especially t2 MFG) can easily earn you 10k in profit, per line, per hour. That's 2.4m isk per day, per toon. And 10k is a pretty lowball number 75m per month per toon (most serious MFGers make closer to 100k per line, and can buy a plex a month on profits of a single toon).
PI: By sticking your head into lowsec, and finding a POCO with a lowish tax rate (5% or better), you can make 10 tier 2 products (5+k each) per hour, per planet, per toon. That's another 150+m isk per month per toon. Use 3x Toons on your account, and you're very close to paying for a plex.
And these are the "mostly passive" income streams that don't require enormous skills, nor enormous investments. Supplement your afk mining with this, and mine in "difficult to destroy" ships (even if it is less efficient until you get blown up), and you can "make enough" to fund your accounts.
2.) Really? Threatening to leave the game, when you are essentially free-loading? That's like my ex girlfriend threatening to move out if I didn't cook her dinner, and when she wasn't paying rent anyway! Sure, there were some benefits to having her around, but it's not like I would be in a worse position once she left!
3.) I fully support any changes CCP makes to improve the game in general, and if that makes your life more difficult for a small minority, so what! |

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
171
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 21:27:00 -
[26] - Quote
Derath Ellecon wrote:Ireland VonVicious wrote:You don't buy plex with cash. You want ccp to make it easier for you to play for free. Your buying of plex for isk to sub the accounts makes plex cost more for the rest of us. Many of employed players only have one account but you want to have 2 at no cost. You pay nothing to ccp so you are not what they would consider a valued customer. Your fix it or I quit is a big joke. Stupid or trolling seems to be the only case. I try not to come off to mean most of the time but this is some seriously ***** for the purpose of bitching thread. Just delete your account and realize that no skill is undervalued compared to any other, Your skill is worth what other people will pay and not a cent more. You could make a case for the entire work force is under valued due to money making too much money devaluing labor as a whole. (( But that is best case )) You want to play afk on top of all this.  There is so much fail in this post. 1. His 2 accounts of plex will not change the cost. The large part of plex cost is all the uber rich hoarding them anyhow. 2. CCP LOVE's people who pay with plex. They provide the market for people who buy plex with real money. PLEX is the HIGHEST price a person can pay for a monthly sub in terms of real life money. So CCP makes MORE money off PLEX'd accounts than people who pay normally.
People will buy it anyway. The cheaper it gets the more likely someone else will buy it.
The less isk a new player gets for the cash the more they are likely to buy. (( to a point ))
They make the money when the plex is bought for cash not when that same plex is bought for isk.
That just gives way to threads of people crying about plex prices and the release of old plex or a new plex deal where they sell the plex for less cash than normal.
What ever your view on the circle of plex I'm sure ccp goal is not to cater to the people who don't spend real life money to play the game. If you can't see that, no help to be had.
|

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings Situation: Normal
1506
|
Posted - 2013.07.08 21:57:00 -
[27] - Quote
Ireland VonVicious wrote:People will buy it anyway. The cheaper it gets the more likely someone else will buy it.
The less isk a new player gets for the cash the more they are likely to buy. (( to a point ))
They make the money when the plex is bought for cash not when that same plex is bought for isk.
That just gives way to threads of people crying about plex prices and the release of old plex or a new plex deal where they sell the plex for less cash than normal.
What ever your view on the circle of plex I'm sure ccp goal is not to cater to the people who don't spend real life money to play the game. If you can't see that, no help to be had.
Sadly your replies make little sense. Some of them do but most don't. Yes CCP makes money when people buy (lets call them GTC to keep things straight) for real $$. People buy these GTC primarily to sell for isk in game.
So without a market in game, there would be little incentive for people to spend $$$ on a GTC. These people like the cost of PLEX to be as high as possible, as it gives them the best bang for the buck (within reason, too high and people may stop buying them in game). But more importantly, if the isk price of a PLEX is too low, there is less of an incentive for someone to spend $$$ on a GTC.
In game PLEX can be used for several things.
1. character resculpting 2. character transfer 3. Aur conversion 4. Special events (fanfest HD feed etc) 5. Monthly subscription.
I think it is safe to say that of those 5 the bulk of PLEX is consumed for monthly subscriptions.
When someone consumes a PLEX for a monthly subscription, they have indirectly paid the HIGHEST price for that monthly subscription. This means CCP makes the HIGHEST profit margin off people who PLEX their accounts.
And they absolutely cater to this mentality. With things like the Power of 2 promotions (get an additional account for PLEX) etc.
In fact, the only thing CCP likes better than people who use PLEX to play EVE, are people like this |
|

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
157

|
Posted - 2013.07.09 16:05:00 -
[28] - Quote
1 post deleted containing a personal attack.
It is possible, to denigrate a set of ides without attacking a person directly.
Please keep personal attacks out of the discussion. ISD Cura Ursus Lieutenant Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department |
|

DeAira Skord
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
9
|
Posted - 2013.07.10 02:47:00 -
[29] - Quote
Cut your accounts down to 1 and work a couple hours at McDonalds every month to pay for your PLEX.
That seems to be the most efficient use of your valuable time.
|

suid0
Habitual Euthanasia Pandemic Legion
18
|
Posted - 2013.07.10 08:16:00 -
[30] - Quote
Knights Armament wrote: Basically my ultimatum to CCP is increase ore amounts, or I quit.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
Also, and not a personal attack, but you should probably unsub and go find a job anyway... then resub. You are clearly not using your energy and time in a useful manner.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |