| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 18:58:00 -
[31] - Quote
Hammer Crendraven wrote:Jim McMorris wrote:Hammer Crendraven wrote:I say no. Eve is doing just fine as is for 10 years now while other games have come and gone.
Second we do not need more players in eve, TiDi is already kicking in in more than a few systems. Eve is full enough as is.
If and that is a big if, eve loses a lot of subs after Star Citizen comes out then they can do something about it. But as Star Citizen is a different kind of game flight sim vs RTS I think eve will be ok. Then expand. Imagine the universe 10x bigger, that isn't something CCP can support with its current playerbase. Expand is lame, Everyone wants to play at Jita already. It does not matter how big you make it the majority will stay in Jita and cause TiDi.
There are solutions. What CCP could do is put trading-tax bonuses in certain systems, this would create the need to spread out and diversify.
Also, if you've got a universe spreading out thousands of jumps - regional markets will have more importance. With increased wars as well, importing goods would be on the rise. General higher demand and supply would encourage more frequent trading as well, which I think would make the game much more dynamic. Think of real life markets, where millions are sold every second. That's the type of complexity eve needs. why pay? |

Tollen Gallen
Xionworld
1822
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 18:59:00 -
[32] - Quote
general beanflicker wrote:Jim McMorris wrote:Alright guys I've got this one.
At the moment, EVE cannot survive in the long-run, which is what CCP want the game to be a - a game lasting decades, not years. With biggies like Star Citizen coming round with one-time fees and no-subs, there's gonna be some serious questions asked by the players. Questions like this:
"Why am I still paying for this bad bad game when star citizen is a lot cheaper?"
This question will mean people will unsubscribe. We've also noticed a big trend in the MMO world going away from subs, that trend isn't fully done yet. But when it is, who knows what'll happen to the CCP.
The big business model transFORMATION
Okay guys, so here's how I think CCP should do it.
1) EVE becomes free. Anybody can make account, download and start getting scammed by goons.
2) CCP sells character slots, ship paints, golden pods and more clothes and stuff. Basically, CCP sells as much as it can that doesn't have an impact on gameplay.
3) Population of EVE rises. There are huge huge wars because there are so many people fighting and having fun.
4) EVE is a lot better, more dynamic. Look at all of the politics with 400k people fighting for a finite amount of space. Imagine 5 million people fighting for the same amount of space? It would be crazy. Absolutely crazy.
This would probably INCREASE CCPs profits as well. I'd recommend that they do this IPO on the stockmarket they were talking about, as that will get the big businesses interested and posting articles about this awesome sci-fi sim. All of the hardcore eve fans, like the mitani, will probably buy shares - so they'll have even more money to improve the game.
As they improve the game more people play and buy cosmetic items and CCP get richer.
Thoughts please. 10/10 TROLL
If not then op is a tool Zimmy Zeta -I f*cking love martinis.the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. |

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings Point Blank Alliance
1029
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:03:00 -
[33] - Quote
Quote:We have no data on CCP's aura store earnings, so it's hard to say. But I bet if they added stuff like character slots and ship paints, things people actually want, then it would do MUCH better.
The aurum store (+ associated cosmetic features, like CQ) was such a colossal failure that the playerbase revolted and the CEO of CCP provided an apology for wasting time on it.
Furthermore, who the hell needs more character slots? Second accounts are far more common. |

Arduemont
The State of War.
2303
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:04:00 -
[34] - Quote
There is a way CCP could make Eve free to play, but I am afraid they are incapable of implementing it.
Also, your are a terrible human being. "In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:04:00 -
[35] - Quote
Kahega Amielden wrote:Quote:We have no data on CCP's aura store earnings, so it's hard to say. But I bet if they added stuff like character slots and ship paints, things people actually want, then it would do MUCH better.
The aurum store (+ associated cosmetic features, like CQ) was such a colossal failure that the playerbase revolted and the CEO of CCP provided an apology for wasting time on it. Furthermore, who the hell needs more character slots? Second accounts are far more common.
Take a look at the successful offering of dual-trading plexes. Think about all of the extra revenue this has brought CCP. Now think about similar things which could be done to facilitate getting rid of the sub and/or making the game buy to play. why pay? |

Damon Blood
Back Alley Abortion Clinic Greater Western Co-Prosperity Sphere
1
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:05:00 -
[36] - Quote
I am not going to bash you for your ideas, but I do want to share with you what my specific situation would be if EVE went F2P.
1. EVE goes F2P and only does cash transactions for cosmetics. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I continue to play as I do today just $45 bucks a month richer.
2. EVE goes F2P and Performance is improved by those who have the cast to spend special ships/Implants/Items that CCP now places ingame to make isk. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I quit EVE.
Either Way CCP loses. I think there are many people what would end up in the exact same boat I am.
DB
|

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings Point Blank Alliance
1029
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:06:00 -
[37] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:Kahega Amielden wrote:Quote:We have no data on CCP's aura store earnings, so it's hard to say. But I bet if they added stuff like character slots and ship paints, things people actually want, then it would do MUCH better.
The aurum store (+ associated cosmetic features, like CQ) was such a colossal failure that the playerbase revolted and the CEO of CCP provided an apology for wasting time on it. Furthermore, who the hell needs more character slots? Second accounts are far more common. Take a look at the successful offering of dual-trading plexes. Think about all of the extra revenue this has brought CCP. Now think about similar things which could be done to facilitate getting rid of the sub and/or making the game buy to play.
Dual-training PLEX is functionally very similar to simply buying a separate account. I'm not sure what your point is. |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:08:00 -
[38] - Quote
Damon Blood wrote:I am not going to bash you for your ideas, but I do want to share with you what my specific situation would be if EVE went F2P.
1. EVE goes F2P and only does cash transactions for cosmetics. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I continue to play as I do today just $45 bucks a month richer.
2. EVE goes F2P and Performance is improved by those who have the cast to spend special ships/Implants/Items that CCP now places ingame to make isk. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I quit EVE.
Either Way CCP loses. I think there are many people what would end up in the exact same boat I am.
DB
Number one is the ideal scenario though. Even though they lose your $45, they actually make $50 from the three other players who decided to start playing and found they really liked the game so they bought some dual-plexes or cool new ship decals.
These three players also create content for the game, they make an alliance and defeat the mittani. You see this game is about the players, and the more we have - the more content we have. why pay? |

Solstice Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
4234
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:09:00 -
[39] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:Questions like this: "Why am I still paying for this bad bad game when star citizen is a lot cheaper?" A person asking this question isn't happy with the game he's playing and would have let go of EvE as soon as ANY game out there was more appealing to him.
Besides that, it's not a myth that people always come back, no matter what. That's because EvE is real and you know it too.
Quote:
This question will mean people will unsubscribe. We've also noticed a big trend in the MMO world going away from subs, that trend isn't fully done yet. But when it is, who knows what'll happen to the CCP.[/quote]This is completely irrelevant.
(too many quotes in post -.-)
That other businesses go this route, does not mean CCP is forced to go it too. Especially considering that CCP has a unique product, they can literally afford to do it differently. Besides that, it's a luxury worth using for marketing.
I felt free to your remove manipulation attempts from the quotes and restricted them to the actual message you where carrying over.
Jim McMorris wrote:1) EVE becomes free. Anybody can make account, download and start playing. 2) CCP sells character slots, ship paints, golden pods and more clothes and stuff. Basically, CCP sells as much as it can that doesn't have an impact on gameplay. Character slots can't fall into this, because they have impact onto the gameplay.
Jim McMorris wrote:3) Population of EVE rises. Yes, but this is actually dramatic. Not only does CCP have to buy way more processing power than now, having more opinions around doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing, especially considering that most of these opinions aren't made by persons above IQ100.
"4)" can be disregarded completely.
Jim McMorris wrote:This would probably INCREASE CCPs profits as well. I'd recommend that they do this IPO on the stockmarket they were talking about, as that will get the big businesses interested and posting articles about this awesome sci-fi sim. All of the hardcore eve fans, like the mitani, will probably buy shares - so they'll have even more money to improve the game. And this outs you as the troll that you are. ^_^
Besides the stupid "This would probably INCREASE CCPs profits as well." ... dude, seriously ? You just couldn't resist, hu ? xD And even the "probably" ! PROBABLY ! *LOL*
I'll translate this ...
"I have no idea if this wouldn't just be a huge trainwreck and CCP would go bankrupt in six months, but it's my idea so i want it to happen!"
Jim McMorris wrote:More people play and buy cosmetic items and CCP get richer. Based on your above paragraph, i would be forced to conclude that "CCP get richer" means that you have no idea what you're saying.
I give you a 7/10, but you made too obvious mistakes. All in one paragraph, plus the one i translated. The "This would probably INCREASE CCPs profits as well." was way too much. If you think about it, it clearly displays complete disregard of what'll happen to CCP.
Let's see how many respond until this gets locked. ^_^ |

Fassin-Taak
Boris Johnson's Love Children
5
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:09:00 -
[40] - Quote
**** off |

Leigh Akiga
State War Academy Caldari State
299
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:13:00 -
[41] - Quote
Yo Prencleeve, all because you maxed out grandmas CC buying SA accounts trying to get into goons doesnt mean the rest of us are broke. You already get free expansions. |

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
866
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:13:00 -
[42] - Quote
Get out deadbeat. In this game grown-ups want to spend their money on space ships mmmmkay?
"Also, your boobs " -á CCP Eterne, 2012
|

Jessica Danikov
Clan Shadow Wolf Fatal Ascension
131
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:14:00 -
[43] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:At the moment, EVE cannot survive in the long-run
Right, so... EVE celebrates it's 10 year anniversary with subscriber numbers enjoying a steady but gentle increase (February this year: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/28/eve-online-hits-500-000-subscribers-heads-into-second-decade/) and you think EVE is doomed?
Don't fix what isn't broken. Greed is as good as far as you don't kill your golden goose... |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:16:00 -
[44] - Quote
I never said I think EVE is done. I reckon the population will do fine in the coming months/years, but it's stale. Let's be honest, we need big change to spice things up - reenergise the game if you know what I mean.
You can rebalance null sec, which will only cause short-term wars and power shifts, or you can introduce new forces into the game. Completely change the playing field with thousands of new player. It might be costly, but if CCP do it right - the rewards will be big. why pay? |

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
284
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:20:00 -
[45] - Quote
Winter Archipelago wrote:F2P EvE == Dead EvE.
StarCitizen isn't even out yet. Hell, the alpha isn't even out yet. You can hype anything. I could hype the **** I'm going to take after work as the most explosive thing to happen yet this millennium, but that doesn't make it any more than a load of ****.
Oh boy, remember Spore! Spore was awesome! Spore was the biggest bad-ass thing Will Wright had ever done! Spore has a space game! Spore was oing to be the ULTIMATE GAME EVER!
Oh, wait....... |

Za'afiel
Federation Militia Bandits
11
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:21:00 -
[46] - Quote
Star Citizen is dying. Shoot them all! Be polite. |

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
672
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:22:00 -
[47] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote: No XP boosters or skill packs or whatever. When I say free to play or buy to play, I mean a shop with COMPLETELY cosmetic items. I'm talking about getting rid of the sub and just expanding the current aura shop. It's being done by hundreds of companies across the globe and has a proven track record.
So? I could skill offline an unlimited number of characters for free? Seriously does it sound like a good idea?
|

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
5023
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:22:00 -
[48] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:I never said I think EVE is done. I reckon the population will do fine in the coming months/years, but it's stale. Let's be honest, we need big change to spice things up - reenergise the game if you know what I mean. You can rebalance null sec, which will only cause short-term wars and power shifts, or you can introduce new forces into the game. Completely change the playing field with thousands of new player. It might be costly, but if CCP do it right - the rewards will be big. that goose is all but roasted There are no goons. The goons' 0.0 dream is over.
"Progodlegend said the goal of N3 is to destroy Goonswarm Federation, but in reality NCdot is in Fountain due to the fact it is virtually the last place there is action." ~NC., Fountain 2013 |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:24:00 -
[49] - Quote
Sura Sadiva wrote:Jim McMorris wrote: No XP boosters or skill packs or whatever. When I say free to play or buy to play, I mean a shop with COMPLETELY cosmetic items. I'm talking about getting rid of the sub and just expanding the current aura shop. It's being done by hundreds of companies across the globe and has a proven track record.
So? I could skill offline an unlimited number of characters for free? Seriously does it sound like a good idea?
This is one problem with the plan I think. How do you stop people just making new accounts to bypass character limits? They could do some techno IP/hardware bans or whatever, but that might not be practical.
There is a practical limit to how much you can manage as well. You can't be updating thousands of skill queues each day. why pay? |

Pennywise le'Fluffer
University of Caille Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:25:00 -
[50] - Quote
It seems obvious to me why EVE hasn't gone F2P. They make all their money on Skill Trainer Online via PLEX and sub money. I would bet Aurum doesn't even account for 10% of total sales. If the game is F2P every idiots has 10,000 alts and they lose all that money.
The only way they'd make more would be if they made it even more Pay 2 Win and just sold skilled characters created out of thin air and dramatic training boots far beyond the current implant system but a LOT of people would quit and EVE would be just another mediocre F2P title.
I've spent money on World of Tanks and War Thunder and was a (regretful Legendary Founder) Mechwarrior Online, but nowhere near as much as on EVE and I'm a newbie who started playing during the last alliance tournament. I've also played several games that were B2P or subscription based that switched to F2P models and I no longer play ANY of them because it ruined the games AND the community (LOTRO, Rift, and Global Agenda, to name a few off the top of my head).
IMO, F2P would only work for EVE if the game had been built around that from the beginning but a lot of fundamental mechanics would have be completely redone and that would make it into something else; not EVE. |

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
285
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:26:00 -
[51] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:Damon Blood wrote:I am not going to bash you for your ideas, but I do want to share with you what my specific situation would be if EVE went F2P.
1. EVE goes F2P and only does cash transactions for cosmetics. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I continue to play as I do today just $45 bucks a month richer.
2. EVE goes F2P and Performance is improved by those who have the cast to spend special ships/Implants/Items that CCP now places ingame to make isk. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I quit EVE.
Either Way CCP loses. I think there are many people what would end up in the exact same boat I am.
DB
Number one is the ideal scenario though. Even though they lose your $45, they actually make $50 from the three other players who decided to start playing and found they really liked the game so they bought some dual-plexes or cool new ship decals. These three players also create content for the game, they make an alliance and defeat the mittani. You see this game is about the players, and the more we have - the more content we have.
*facepalm*
REALLY?
You suck at math, dude.
Okay, let's look at it this way. He's paying $45 a month. He quits.
3 more people buy EVE for $150 total.
4 months in, these people have brought CCP $150 in revenue.
Or, we keep this business model, and he keeps paying $45 per month.
4 months in, He's brought CCP $180 in revenue.
Gee, I wonder which one CCP would prefer.
If it were me in the Buy once, play foreer EVE model, I doubt I'd buy the dual training (like I very likely never will today) or ship skins. Because I am a money grubbing son of a ***** |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:28:00 -
[52] - Quote
Himnos Altar wrote:Jim McMorris wrote:Damon Blood wrote:I am not going to bash you for your ideas, but I do want to share with you what my specific situation would be if EVE went F2P.
1. EVE goes F2P and only does cash transactions for cosmetics. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I continue to play as I do today just $45 bucks a month richer.
2. EVE goes F2P and Performance is improved by those who have the cast to spend special ships/Implants/Items that CCP now places ingame to make isk. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I quit EVE.
Either Way CCP loses. I think there are many people what would end up in the exact same boat I am.
DB
Number one is the ideal scenario though. Even though they lose your $45, they actually make $50 from the three other players who decided to start playing and found they really liked the game so they bought some dual-plexes or cool new ship decals. These three players also create content for the game, they make an alliance and defeat the mittani. You see this game is about the players, and the more we have - the more content we have. *facepalm* REALLY? You suck at math, dude. Okay, let's look at it this way. He's paying $45 a month. He quits. 3 more people buy EVE for $150 total. 4 months in, these people have brought CCP $150 in revenue. Or, we keep this business model, and he keeps paying $45 per month. 4 months in, He's brought CCP $180 in revenue. Gee, I wonder which one CCP would prefer.
Yes but by those four months, even more people start playing and even more maybe even use the cosmetic cash shop.
why pay? |

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
672
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:28:00 -
[53] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote: This is one problem with the plan I think. How do you stop people just making new accounts to bypass character limits? They could do some techno IP/hardware bans or whatever, but that might not be practical.
There is a practical limit to how much you can manage as well. You can't be updating thousands of skill queues each day.
Oh, please...
|

Bagrat Skalski
Poseidaon
454
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:29:00 -
[54] - Quote
We don't need f2p right now in eve. Look at dust, it is free to play and what? 
Free to play is not some kind of magic wand that will make your game better. Protect yourself from CONCORD today! Tinfoil hats, quality product. Styled after pirate hats. |

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
285
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:31:00 -
[55] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:Himnos Altar wrote:Jim McMorris wrote:Damon Blood wrote:I am not going to bash you for your ideas, but I do want to share with you what my specific situation would be if EVE went F2P.
1. EVE goes F2P and only does cash transactions for cosmetics. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I continue to play as I do today just $45 bucks a month richer.
2. EVE goes F2P and Performance is improved by those who have the cast to spend special ships/Implants/Items that CCP now places ingame to make isk. a. CCP loses 3 account subscriptions and I quit EVE.
Either Way CCP loses. I think there are many people what would end up in the exact same boat I am.
DB
Number one is the ideal scenario though. Even though they lose your $45, they actually make $50 from the three other players who decided to start playing and found they really liked the game so they bought some dual-plexes or cool new ship decals. These three players also create content for the game, they make an alliance and defeat the mittani. You see this game is about the players, and the more we have - the more content we have. *facepalm* REALLY? You suck at math, dude. Okay, let's look at it this way. He's paying $45 a month. He quits. 3 more people buy EVE for $150 total. 4 months in, these people have brought CCP $150 in revenue. Or, we keep this business model, and he keeps paying $45 per month. 4 months in, He's brought CCP $180 in revenue. Gee, I wonder which one CCP would prefer. Yes but by those four months, even more people start playing and even more maybe even use the cosmetic cash shop.
Oh, just like in the last few months all kinds of new people have started playing EVE as it is today? |

Captain Tardbar
Sons of Sam
565
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:32:00 -
[56] - Quote
I don't know. I've been thinking about quitting once I get my Occulus Rift and it turns out that its great as everyone says it is.
Sadly, I plexed all my accounts til January 30th. I'll most likely play enough to put one plex in each so I can renew without paying money.
I would have to agree that EVE is getting stale, but I could just be burnt out from making billions of isk in a short period of time.
Maybe I just need a break. "Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby". If you fantasize about being immoral it means you enjoy being immoral deep down. |

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
3375
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:33:00 -
[57] - Quote
I've stopped believing in transformations ever since I saw the marauders on SiSi. |

Orakkus
Wraithguard. Dirt Nap Squad.
225
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:34:00 -
[58] - Quote
-1 to OP.
Just.. No. He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander
|

Anomaly One
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
3
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:40:00 -
[59] - Quote
As a fellow mouth breather I agree with the OP |

Jenn aSide
STK Scientific Initiative Mercenaries
3208
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:41:00 -
[60] - Quote
Captain Tardbar wrote:I don't know. I've been thinking about quitting once I get my Occulus Rift and it turns out that its great as everyone says it is.
Sadly, I plexed all my accounts til January 30th. I'll most likely play enough to put one plex in each so I can renew without paying money.
I would have to agree that EVE is getting stale, but I could just be burnt out from making billions of isk in a short period of time.
Maybe I just need a break.
Yea, it's you. I've been playing since 2007, not one intentional break (only time ive been away from the game was for work trips, internet outages and the like) and I'm still not burned out or finding the game the least bit stale. My favorite saying on the matter is "if you aren't having fun in a sandbox, it's not the sands fault".
I'll play SC too, I'll also laugh at the legions of disappointed and angry folks who bought into the hype realize that no matter how cool it ends up being, it won't wipe your backside or walk your dog for you because it's just a game. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |