| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Batelle
Komm susser Tod
255
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:42:00 -
[61] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:This question will mean people will unsubscribe. We've also noticed a big trend in the MMO world going away from subs, that trend isn't fully done yet.
That's because those MMO's want to be WoW-killers and then discover they can't hack it. No one's moving away from subs voluntarily. Fighting is Magic |

Captain Tardbar
Sons of Sam
566
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:48:00 -
[62] - Quote
Jenn aSide wrote:"if you aren't having fun in a sandbox, it's not the sands fault".
The sandbox could be full of cat poop.
"Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby". If you fantasize about being immoral it means you enjoy being immoral deep down. |

Desivo Delta Visseroff
Cedar Knolls Research STEEL BROTHERHOOD
43
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:48:00 -
[63] - Quote
The OP is obviously and EA alt.
I really hate feeding trolls but:
1. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/command-conquer-and-the-curse-of-the-free-to-play-rts
2. http://www.dorkadia.com/2012/11/29/the-failings-of-the-swtor-free-to-play-conversion/
Also, If you're going to post troll threads and terrible ideas, POST WITH YOUR MAIN! don't hide behind an alt. I need to rebuild my watch list the next time I log on  |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:50:00 -
[64] - Quote
Desivo Delta Visseroff wrote:
This is actually my main and please get involved in the debate - I don't really like personal insults.
I genuinely think the game'll be more dynamic with a new business model. why pay? |

Jenn aSide
STK Scientific Initiative Mercenaries
3208
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:52:00 -
[65] - Quote
Captain Tardbar wrote:Jenn aSide wrote:"if you aren't having fun in a sandbox, it's not the sands fault". The sandbox could be full of cat poop.
Yea but if you're the cat, why complain, just stop pooping lol.
|

Baali Tekitsu
B0SSAURA xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
191
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:54:00 -
[66] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:Desivo Delta Visseroff wrote: This is actually my main and please get involved in the debate - I don't really like personal insults. I genuinely think the game'll be more dynamic with a new business model.
I would even go as far as to say that we need additional to the f2p model the diablo 3 auction house. |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
23
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:55:00 -
[67] - Quote
Jenn aSide wrote:Captain Tardbar wrote:Jenn aSide wrote:"if you aren't having fun in a sandbox, it's not the sands fault". The sandbox could be full of cat poop. Yea but if you're the cat, why complain, just stop pooping lol.
It's not fair if only the cat gets to have fun. why pay? |

Desivo Delta Visseroff
Cedar Knolls Research STEEL BROTHERHOOD
43
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:56:00 -
[68] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:
This is actually my main and please get involved in the debate - I don't really like personal insults.
I genuinely think the game'll be more dynamic with a new business model.
Fantastic! Also, simply no. There were other threads made on this topc:
1. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3294036#post3294036
2. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3680780#post3680780
3. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3245451#post3245451
4. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3148050#post3148050
As you can tell, There is resounding opposition to even the idea of introducing a free to play model.
My final contribution to this subject has been voiced by others and I will reiterate the same here: DEATH 2 MICROTRANSACTIONS |

Hammer Crendraven
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
70
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:56:00 -
[69] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:I never said I think EVE is done. I reckon the population will do fine in the coming months/years, but it's stale. Let's be honest, we need big change to spice things up - reenergise the game if you know what I mean. You can rebalance null sec, which will only cause short-term wars and power shifts, or you can introduce new forces into the game. Completely change the playing field with thousands of new player. It might be costly, but if CCP do it right - the rewards will be big.
You have said it yourself a few times in this thread. It is the players that make the content of the game not CCP.
If the game is stale it is not up to CCP to fix it. That would be the players job. |

Montami
Love Squad Confederation of xXPIZZAXx
11
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 19:58:00 -
[70] - Quote
0/10. Lots of effort, very little result except people who exclaim in horror.
Could have used a different theme and made it less obvious than P2W. |

Jim McMorris
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
24
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:01:00 -
[71] - Quote
Montami wrote:0/10. Lots of effort, very little result except people who exclaim in horror.
Could have used a different theme and made it less obvious than P2W.
I'm starting to think it's you who's trolling.
This is a genuine debate and I'm not proposing PW2. I'm proposing a system like Guild War 2's, where only cosmetic items are offered. Is this practical? I think so, but that's the point of this thread, to discuss and debate. why pay? |

Captain Tardbar
Sons of Sam
566
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:01:00 -
[72] - Quote
Jenn aSide wrote:Captain Tardbar wrote:Jenn aSide wrote:"if you aren't having fun in a sandbox, it's not the sands fault". The sandbox could be full of cat poop. Yea but if you're the cat, why complain, just stop pooping lol.
I'm pretty sure this is someone else's poop. "Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby". If you fantasize about being immoral it means you enjoy being immoral deep down. |

I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
656
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:01:00 -
[73] - Quote
Dude... I haven't paid real money to play this game in like... years. Even before PLEX, when GTCs were the preferred form of payment with ISK. *removed inappropriate signature* - CCP Eterne |

Prince Kobol
1069
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:08:00 -
[74] - Quote
Andski wrote:Free to play is a move made by developers of failing pay to play titles to avoid losing what they invested in development. Free to play doesn't really work unless you actually gain a substantial advantage from paying.
Yes, I am sure Riot agree with your assessment that is if they can hear you over their estimated $200 million earnings in 2013. |

Winter Archipelago
Innocuous Infection
135
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:13:00 -
[75] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:There is a practical limit to how much you can manage as well. You can't be updating thousands of skill queues each day. My skill queue generally lasts me about 30+ days at a time, and that's for just a single skill. I get excited when I have to change a skill in fewer than two weeks.
It may be a decent amount of clicking in the very beginning, but as you get towards the higher end of the skills you need, you're looking at multi-week training for a single skill. Ransoms are accepted in Isk, Ships, Mods, and Dolls. |

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings Point Blank Alliance
1902
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:18:00 -
[76] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote: How do you stop people just making new accounts to bypass character limits? They could do some techno IP/hardware bans or whatever, but that might not be practical.
You can't. People will circumvent it, no matter what.
Quote:There is a practical limit to how much you can manage as well. You can't be updating thousands of skill queues each day.
Thousands? No. Dozens? Most assuredly. Farmers gonna farm, grinders gonna grind. And make no mistake, a true F2P model requires that you up the grind substantially. Rifterlings pirate corporation is now recruiting pilots for lowsec solo & small gang operations. Visit our website at www.rifterlings.com or join our in game channel weflyrifters to speak to a recruiter. |

Baali Tekitsu
B0SSAURA xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
191
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:24:00 -
[77] - Quote
Prince Kobol wrote:Andski wrote:Free to play is a move made by developers of failing pay to play titles to avoid losing what they invested in development. Free to play doesn't really work unless you actually gain a substantial advantage from paying. Yes, I am sure Riot agree with your assessment that is if they can hear you over their estimated $200 million earnings in 2013.
I think CCPs $66 million in 2012 are far better considering how EvE has only a tiny fraction of the LoL player base. |

Prince Kobol
1069
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:25:00 -
[78] - Quote
Winter Archipelago wrote:Jim McMorris wrote:There is a practical limit to how much you can manage as well. You can't be updating thousands of skill queues each day. My skill queue generally lasts me about 30+ days at a time, and that's for just a single skill. I get excited when I have to change a skill in fewer than two weeks. It may be a decent amount of clicking in the very beginning, but as you get towards the higher end of the skills you need, you're looking at multi-week training for a single skill. Prince Kobol wrote: Yes, I am sure Riot agree with your assessment that is if they can hear you over their estimated $200 million earnings in 2013.
The LoL community are some of the most horrific wretches of humanity that exist. I quit playing LoL because of said community, despite enjoying the game. That is one of the things I'd rather see NOT happen to EvE.
No arguments from me although I still do play LoL.
Games which are designed from Day 1 to be F2P do well.
Games which start of as subscription based and then convert to F2P is usually a sign that they are not doing to well. |

Prince Kobol
1069
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:26:00 -
[79] - Quote
Baali Tekitsu wrote:Prince Kobol wrote:Andski wrote:Free to play is a move made by developers of failing pay to play titles to avoid losing what they invested in development. Free to play doesn't really work unless you actually gain a substantial advantage from paying. Yes, I am sure Riot agree with your assessment that is if they can hear you over their estimated $200 million earnings in 2013. I think CCPs $66 million in 2012 are far better considering how EvE has only a tiny fraction of the LoL player base.
Very true.. again no arguments from me.
If CCP ever announced they were going to a F2P model I would sell all my toons + assets on ebay and leave  |

Maurice deSaxe
1st Steps Academy Fidelas Constans
8
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:31:00 -
[80] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:
scammed by goons.
/
Show me on the usb rifter where the goons touched you. |

Maurice deSaxe
1st Steps Academy Fidelas Constans
8
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:32:00 -
[81] - Quote
I Love Boobies wrote:Dude... I haven't paid real money to play this game in like... years. Even before PLEX, when GTCs were the preferred form of payment with ISK. And this . You can pay for 3 accounts in less then 12 hours of game play a month.
|

ConranAntoni
Empyrean Warriors Insidious Empire
105
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:38:00 -
[82] - Quote
Hey look.
Another shitpost thread. |

Baali Tekitsu
B0SSAURA xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
191
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:41:00 -
[83] - Quote
ConranAntoni wrote:Hey look.
Another shitpost thread. Hey look
another meta post |

Lucy Journey
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
1
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:42:00 -
[84] - Quote
This thread again!?!
"Oh, let's alienate all of our existing paying customers, and hope that new players join the game instead to make up for the loss of revenue" |

Anomaly One
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
3
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 20:59:00 -
[85] - Quote
Quote: The LoL community are some of the most horrific wretches of humanity that exist. I quit playing LoL because of said community, despite enjoying the game. That is one of the things I'd rather see NOT happen to EvE.
So ******* true I played that game since the very first day of S1, diamond 1 and don't give a ****, LoL has real psychos, the bad ones, Eve has the good fun loving ones also some forms of boosting have gotten out of hand iiirk.. still play it but so much less now, gets boring after 4 years, anyway..
This thread is now about teemo. |

Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
158
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 21:05:00 -
[86] - Quote
Star Citizen is not even in the same game class as Eve Online. The only similarity between them is spaceships.
Tell you a story. Since I started Eve, a dozen other MMOs (which all really WERE in the same game class) came and went for me. The only one left standing is Eve. There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance. |

Jarod Garamonde
Sardaukar Merc Guild General Tso's Alliance
529
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 21:35:00 -
[87] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:Alright guys I've got this one. At the moment, EVE cannot survive in the long-run, which is what CCP want the game to be a - a game lasting decades, not years. With biggies like Star Citizen coming round with one-time fees and no-subs, there's gonna be some serious questions asked by the players. Questions like this: "Why am I still paying for this bad bad game when star citizen is a lot cheaper?" This question will mean people will unsubscribe. We've also noticed a big trend in the MMO world going away from subs, that trend isn't fully done yet. But when it is, who knows what'll happen to the CCP. The big business model transFORMATIONOkay guys, so here's how I think CCP should do it. 1) EVE becomes free. Anybody can make account, download and start getting scammed by goons. 2) CCP sells character slots, ship paints, golden pods and more clothes and stuff. Basically, CCP sells as much as it can that doesn't have an impact on gameplay. 3) Population of EVE rises. There are huge huge wars because there are so many people fighting and having fun. 4) EVE is a lot better, more dynamic. Look at all of the politics with 400k people fighting for a finite amount of space. Imagine 5 million people fighting for the same amount of space? It would be crazy. Absolutely crazy. This would probably INCREASE CCPs profits as well. I'd recommend that they do this IPO on the stockmarket they were talking about, as that will get the big businesses interested and posting articles about this awesome sci-fi sim. All of the hardcore eve fans, like the mitani, will probably buy shares - so they'll have even more money to improve the game. As they improve the game more people play and buy cosmetic items and CCP get richer. Thoughts please. Thread update:Thanks for feedback guys, I think there are a few more points worth adding here. 1) CCP should also consider the option of buy to play. Perhaps a -ú39.99 to get access to the game client, but fees after that - this would ensure there is a paywall to supplement CCP profits and keep out the hacking community. With the increased profits, CCP would have greater confidence in following a strictly cosmetic cash4items scheme. Buy to play has been an extremely successful model and I think it is particularly relevant to EVE ONLINE. Why? The model in GW2 has triggered slow but steady growth, this is the type of growth CCP has always been experiencing with EVE. http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/23/lead-designer-says-guild-wars-2-is-growing-its-playerbase/2) Secondly, a steam launch as free to play would be a great bolster to current numbers. 0.9 of the world's population has a steam account. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/30/0-9-of-the-global-population-have-steam-accounts/
Please biomass.
CCP, please raise sub fees to $20, so guys like this will desub and stop stupiding up your game world.... That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right... |

TharOkha
0asis Group
636
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 21:46:00 -
[88] - Quote
Hey OP. Did you know that: -Free to play is just renamed "DEMO VERSION" ? (like "Cloud" is just renamed "the internet") -EVE is already "true free to play" (PLEX)? -Star citizen is no.5454866322 game in a row which is going to "kill EVE definitely"? -You are using textbooks fallacies? -EVE is here for more than 10 years now only because people like you and your stupid ideas are not in the CCP management? -you would do a favor for many of us here if you biomass yourself right now ? GÇ£If reality can destroy the dream, why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?GÇ¥ |

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
439
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 21:52:00 -
[89] - Quote
Jim McMorris wrote:lots of stuff... Thoughts please.
Thank you for your ideas, but no.
Of course it's CCP's privilege to go down that road. But not with my money and not with my time.
Remove insurance. |

Gogela
Freeport Exploration Loosely Affiliated Pirates Alliance
2778
|
Posted - 2013.10.30 21:54:00 -
[90] - Quote
shipGÇáosGÇá^2
No.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |