| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:00:00 -
[121] - Quote
chrisss0r wrote:Nullified t3s especially because you can bot in them with zero zero zero risk.
yeah, no |

chrisss0r
No.Mercy Merciless.
0
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:00:00 -
[122] - Quote
doubleposting like a boss |

Ghoest
7
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:24:00 -
[123] - Quote
fRoDdEr's wrote:Ghoest wrote:The OP is an angry noob who apparently has never flown the ships shes complaining about.
I mostly live in a cloaked and nullified T3. Its one of the gimpiest ships I have ever flown. I never fight in it.
It would be possible to catch me if you made the effort but the effort required would be huge huge. But the trade offs requires for such a safe ship are extreme. If you try to get DPS on it it will still be weak DPS but it will also be extremely vulnerable. The agility is bad, the tank will be nonexistant and it wont have any ewar - and it will still do less DPS than Some T1 cruisers.
EDIT: And the person who said you can effectively use a cloaked nullified T3 for ratting is a liar. I have tried all of them. The only one that sort of slightly works is a Proteus - and its horrible. Youre talking about 500 mill ship that kills rats slower than T1 cruiser. Total waste of time. Its much more profitable to rishk the bubbles and fly a Prophecy or risk everything and fly a Cane.
Just to make this real clear - chrisss0r is lying. I think you should try fitting something else than Assault Launchers on your Tengu, also BCU's are better than WCS.
4 Heavy missile launchers(or heayy assault) with 3 BCUs still does worthless damage. Learn to think noob. I go with the load out I use because the DPS laod outs will never win a fight.
Wherever You Went - Here You Are |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:26:00 -
[124] - Quote
chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang.
You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right? |

Ghoest
7
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:28:00 -
[125] - Quote
chrisss0r wrote:Voralus wrote: With all the ships you can catch, you're all butthurt because there is ONE ship per race that can take away from your little one sided game? There is still risk in nullsec, there is still risk in traveling, and there is still risk in the game.
Heaven forbid someone can laugh at you when using cheap tactics.
Why does everyone look at one side of the coin and go "it sucks for me, so it should end"?
See and that's a big missconception. A lot of people here simply defend it because they are using them to great success and don't want them nerfed. So naturally you assume that everyone who wants them nerfed doesn't use them but see - that is just not true. I fly t3 nullified cloaky ships like a baws all the time because they are a no brainer and like i pointed out: impossible to catch. Just because i can also abuse some overpowered tactiv doesn't mean it's allright. I don't want a broken game and nullified t3s are breaking the game. Nullified t3s especially because you can bot in them with zero zero zero risk.
You are lying. If you flew them all the time then you would not have claimed they are good for ratting in.
That said there is nothing over powered about trading all effective offensive ability for ultimate safety. You might not like it, but there is nothing inherently wrong about about it - its not an 'I win button." Wherever You Went - Here You Are |

Walmart Crack Baby
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:28:00 -
[126] - Quote
Gogela wrote:
A decent T3 pilot in a nullified cloaky ship can't be caught.
A cloaky blockade runner cannot be caught in lowsec.
I hate win buttons. Give them an advantage, but give the predators a chance.
EDIT:
Uncatchable Tengu NullSec Opportunist Fit
High: 4x Salvager II (you never know what you'll find on a gate), CovOps Cloak Mid: 10MN MWD II, 10MN Afterburner II ( for dual propulsion ), Large Capacitor Battery II, Magnetic Scattering Amplifyer II, 3x Large Shield Extender II Low: 3x Warp Core Stab II Rig: Med Anti-Explosive Reinforcer II, Med Anti-EM Reinforcer II, Med Core Defence Field Extender II Subsystems: Emergent Locust Analyzer, Suplimental Screening, Cap Regen Matrix, Covert Reconfiguration, Interdiction Nullifier
= Untouchable Over-glorified Hauler
lol. http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13354473
You must be a pretty **** T3 pilot hey?
lol. Can't be caught my ass. |

Ghoest
7
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:29:00 -
[127] - Quote
Andski wrote:chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang. You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right?
She probably does. I have rarely seen posts with as many lies as hers. Wherever You Went - Here You Are |

chrisss0r
No.Mercy Merciless.
0
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:30:00 -
[128] - Quote
Andski wrote:chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang. You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right?
good troll |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:31:00 -
[129] - Quote
You put too much effort into those posts for them to be trolls.
Oh wait, **** |

Tear Miner
Republic University Minmatar Republic
33
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 15:53:00 -
[130] - Quote
Troll harder.
OP is just mad he lost an Ibis and his pod to a Sabre on that fateful fall day in 2008.
He wants interdiction nullified T3s to share in the race to the bottom that is his sad existence. |

Generals4
Caldari State
357
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 16:10:00 -
[131] - Quote
Andski wrote:chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang. You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right?
As far as i know the gang link subsystem is a defensive one (at least for the Tengu) and the covops an offensive. -Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. |

Gogela
Freeport Exploration
155
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 16:57:00 -
[132] - Quote
Walmart Crack Baby wrote:Gogela wrote:
A decent T3 pilot in a nullified cloaky ship can't be caught.
A cloaky blockade runner cannot be caught in lowsec.
I hate win buttons. Give them an advantage, but give the predators a chance.
EDIT:
Uncatchable Tengu NullSec Opportunist Fit
High: 4x Salvager II (you never know what you'll find on a gate), CovOps Cloak Mid: 10MN MWD II, 10MN Afterburner II ( for dual propulsion ), Large Capacitor Battery II, Magnetic Scattering Amplifyer II, 3x Large Shield Extender II Low: 3x Warp Core Stab II Rig: Med Anti-Explosive Reinforcer II, Med Anti-EM Reinforcer II, Med Core Defence Field Extender II Subsystems: Emergent Locust Analyzer, Suplimental Screening, Cap Regen Matrix, Covert Reconfiguration, Interdiction Nullifier
= Untouchable Over-glorified Hauler
lol. http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13354473You must be a pretty **** T3 pilot hey? lol. Can't be caught my ass.
Yah... I was salvaging a wreck way off the gate (note my cargo) and thought a single frig was nothing to worry about... but he had backup. You will also see I lost one in Jita, doing something even dumber. I'm not saying I've never lost a Tengu. I'm not saying a Tengu can't be destroyed. I'm not even saying I don't do dumb shi7 all the time and loose ships pretty regularly. I'm not a really good PvP'er. I'm not exceptionally talented in anything in EvE, really. I'm just an opportunist. What I am saying is that if I am going gate to gate and not doing something stupid, I can't be caught. You must not have a T3. Anyone who actually flies these ships with a similar fit to what I describe will agree with me. I learned a little lesson that day about boppin' abound and looting wrecks/salvaging when flying my T3... but in my defense, when you fly around in a ship that cannot be caught enough... when you've blown by large fleets with bubbles on gates consisting of alliances and corps you recognize as some of the best in eve (while acknowledging your own inexperience) like THEY AREN'T EVEN THERE... it is VERY easy to start thinking that 'yes... I AM invincible! I AM that good!' ... when in fact you are as talent-less as ever, but just happen to be in a ship that makes you invulnerable in a specific context. The only time I actually am invincible is flying my T3 gate to gate in Null or LowSec. As long as I adhere to that policy, nobody can touch me. However, yes there have been transgressions of that rule and yes on an occasion of two I paid the price and was put in my place.
All GëíGêçGëí Ships | Many Odd GëíGêçGëí Items (+Drones) | <-- Links to showInfo in-game |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:12:00 -
[133] - Quote
Generals4 wrote:Andski wrote:chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang. You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right? As far as i know the gang link subsystem is a defensive one (at least for the Tengu) and the covops an offensive.
Oh hey it is, but it doesn't matter because you can't run active modules while cloaked and gang links are active modules. |

fRoDdEr's
Kleinrock Heavy Industries
5
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:19:00 -
[134] - Quote
Andski wrote:Generals4 wrote:Andski wrote:chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang. You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right? As far as i know the gang link subsystem is a defensive one (at least for the Tengu) and the covops an offensive. Oh hey it is, but it doesn't matter because you can't run active modules while cloaked and gang links are active modules.
I think you've never heard of safespots and ECCM modules. |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:23:00 -
[135] - Quote
fRoDdEr's wrote:Andski wrote:Generals4 wrote:Andski wrote:chrisss0r wrote:and it does not lose any ability to boost their gang. You understand that the covops subsystem takes the same slot as the subsystem that allows links to be fit, right? You also understand that cloaking doesn't allow you to run gang links, right? As far as i know the gang link subsystem is a defensive one (at least for the Tengu) and the covops an offensive. Oh hey it is, but it doesn't matter because you can't run active modules while cloaked and gang links are active modules. I think you've never heard of safespots and ECCM modules.
You can't make ships immune to probing anymore, fyi |

fRoDdEr's
Kleinrock Heavy Industries
5
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:28:00 -
[136] - Quote
Andski wrote:You can't make ships immune to probing anymore, fyi
In theory yes, but how many people do you know that fly around with a Virtue set in a cov ops w/ rigs and max scanning skills(t3 with scanning rigs is just as good and you dont need cov ops lvl 5)?
|

Zhula Guixgrixks
Increasing Success by Lowering Expectations 0ccupational Hazzard
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:30:00 -
[137] - Quote
Nullified ships , JFs etc are not compatible with the "Risk vs. Reward" doctrine.
CCP really needs to revisit it. |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:33:00 -
[138] - Quote
Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Nullified ships , JFs etc are not compatible with the "Risk vs. Reward" doctrine.
CCP really needs to revisit it.
ah yes, I realize that escorting freighters is ~super fun~ to you but it's not for the rest of us |

Zhula Guixgrixks
Increasing Success by Lowering Expectations 0ccupational Hazzard
7
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:49:00 -
[139] - Quote
Andski wrote:Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Nullified ships , JFs etc are not compatible with the "Risk vs. Reward" doctrine.
CCP really needs to revisit it. ah yes, I realize that escorting freighters is ~super fun~ to you but it's not for the rest of us
I remember the times and it was fun. It all depends how you see this game. If you feel very serious about it (work!) than it's a pain, but again thats your problem.
Eve have lots of counters for ships travelling trough gates. It's quite good balanced with only one exception (Nullifiers) But it's still somehow balanced.
When it comes to JF logistics...sorry there is no real counter to it. Every kindergarden ape can do JF logistics. Thats really bad for the game.
|

Ghoest
9
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 17:51:00 -
[140] - Quote
Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Nullified ships , JFs etc are not compatible with the "Risk vs. Reward" doctrine.
CCP really needs to revisit it.
Almost uncatchable in exchange for being almost harmless.
How does that contradict "risk vs reward"?
Wherever You Went - Here You Are |

Igualmentedos
Shadow Veil Industrial Shadow Directive
67
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 18:40:00 -
[141] - Quote
Tippia wrote:fRoDdEr's wrote:Very original idea, would you explain how I should do this? Ctrl-Click, F1.
Made me  |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
921
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 19:26:00 -
[142] - Quote
Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Andski wrote:Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Nullified ships , JFs etc are not compatible with the "Risk vs. Reward" doctrine.
CCP really needs to revisit it. ah yes, I realize that escorting freighters is ~super fun~ to you but it's not for the rest of us I remember the times and it was fun. It all depends how you see this game. If you feel very serious about it (work!) than it's a pain, but again thats your problem. Eve has lot of counters for ships travelling trough gates. It's quite good balanced with only one exception (Nullifiers) But it's still somehow balanced. When it comes to JF logistics...sorry there is no real counter to it. Every kindergarden ape can do JF logistics. Thats really bad for the game.
Careless JF pilots lose their ships all the time, especially the idiots that jump to POS beacons and are totally surprised when a Nyx shows up. |

fRoDdEr's
Kleinrock Heavy Industries
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:06:00 -
[143] - Quote
Andski wrote:Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Andski wrote:Zhula Guixgrixks wrote:Nullified ships , JFs etc are not compatible with the "Risk vs. Reward" doctrine.
CCP really needs to revisit it. ah yes, I realize that escorting freighters is ~super fun~ to you but it's not for the rest of us I remember the times and it was fun. It all depends how you see this game. If you feel very serious about it (work!) than it's a pain, but again thats your problem. Eve has lot of counters for ships travelling trough gates. It's quite good balanced with only one exception (Nullifiers) But it's still somehow balanced. When it comes to JF logistics...sorry there is no real counter to it. Every kindergarden ape can do JF logistics. Thats really bad for the game. Careless JF pilots lose their ships all the time, especially the idiots that jump to POS beacons and are totally surprised when a Nyx shows up.
People will always be careless and this will result in ship losses.
Balance is also about having to risk your ship/assets in order to achieve a goal. A good JF will NOT die (cyno to station systems only). Same applies for cloaky T3's. |

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
64
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:21:00 -
[144] - Quote
balance is an lie.
Unless you uni-form all ships and weapon systems, so there will be totally one prefitted ship its not balanced.
So just learn how and when ... and dont bother about balancing anything. |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
923
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:24:00 -
[145] - Quote
fRoDdEr's wrote:People will always be careless and this will result in ship losses.
Balance is also about having to risk your ship/assets in order to achieve a goal. A good JF will NOT die (cyno to station systems only). Same applies for cloaky T3's.
So, in your opinion, it's not right that a player with years of experience through trial and error should be able to mitigate the inherent risks of moving assets around or traveling?
I move stuff around in a covops a lot, and I run bubble camps like a boss by using bounce points and off-gate warpins. Should covops frigates be nerfed because they're "overpowered?" |

Krixtal Icefluxor
Bison - Placid PI Thundering Herd
42
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:29:00 -
[146] - Quote
Nul QQ !!!!!
Over freakin' Cloaky ships.
The poor dears can't see you. Oh my. It's 'just SO uspetting !!! QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ
Love it!
Look who's cryin' now.
I guess the philosophical mindset is NERF EVERYTHING except things that can chase ALL new player subscribers away.
Way to go guys.
KILL your own game.
IDIOTS ALL. OMG He Spent His Free-áAURUM ! God is simply-áthe very extraordinary power of the Universe to organize Itself as percieved.
-á- Lee Smolin "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity" |

fRoDdEr's
Kleinrock Heavy Industries
6
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:30:00 -
[147] - Quote
Andski wrote:fRoDdEr's wrote:People will always be careless and this will result in ship losses.
Balance is also about having to risk your ship/assets in order to achieve a goal. A good JF will NOT die (cyno to station systems only). Same applies for cloaky T3's. So, in your opinion, it's not right that a player with years of experience through trial and error should be able to mitigate the inherent risks of moving assets around or traveling? I move stuff around in a covops a lot, and I run bubble camps like a boss by using bounce points and off-gate warpins. Should covops frigates be nerfed because they're "overpowered?"
mitigate = unkillable
|

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
923
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:31:00 -
[148] - Quote
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Nul QQ !!!!!
Over freakin' Cloaky ships.
The poor dears can't see you. Oh my. It's 'just SO uspetting !!! QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ
Love it!
Look who's cryin' now.
I guess the philosophical mindset is NERF EVERYTHING except things that can chase ALL new player subscribers away.
Way to go guys.
KILL your own game.
IDIOTS ALL.
This is an English only forum, just so you know |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
923
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:31:00 -
[149] - Quote
fRoDdEr's wrote:Andski wrote:fRoDdEr's wrote:People will always be careless and this will result in ship losses.
Balance is also about having to risk your ship/assets in order to achieve a goal. A good JF will NOT die (cyno to station systems only). Same applies for cloaky T3's. So, in your opinion, it's not right that a player with years of experience through trial and error should be able to mitigate the inherent risks of moving assets around or traveling? I move stuff around in a covops a lot, and I run bubble camps like a boss by using bounce points and off-gate warpins. Should covops frigates be nerfed because they're "overpowered?" mitigate = unkillable
Yeah, deal with it. With intelligence and/or experience, you can avoid getting killed by scrubs sitting on a gate with a bubble. |

Andski
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
923
|
Posted - 2011.11.20 21:35:00 -
[150] - Quote
"cloaky nullified T3s are unkillable and it's not because I'm terrible, I'm obviously the best pvper in the universe" |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |