| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Centurin
Sturmgrenadier Inc R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:08:00 -
[151]
Has anyone actually flown this on the test server? I'm eager to here how it did. ----------------------------------------------- "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime |

Heelay Ashrum
Caldari Santhe Sienar Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:08:00 -
[152]
Edited by: Heelay Ashrum on 25/10/2006 14:11:19 This ship it's all wrong!!!!
vexor drone bay: 75M3 vs myrmdor drone bay: 100m3 ???????????????????
So this ship have one more heavy drone, 1 more turret ( without hybrys) ? Are we crazy?????? A vexor with 4 turret will make the same dps with turrets as this ship ( 4 turrets + 25% dammage = 5 turrets without dammage bonus)
Obviusly can tank a lot more but once someone destroyed your drones u are anyway death. No matter if u take 2 or 10 mins to die. I'm a strong drone user, and immagine to have a ship without a single replacement is simply stupid. This it's not a drone ship. Nor a gunship ... what is the role for this ship?
Using medium drones it's even worse because this way there is not any reason to use it at all!!! vexor can launch 5 mediums as this... Even the brutix ( the supposed gunghip) can !
i hive should him:
hi slot: 6 ( 4 rurrets) med slot 5 low slot: 6
drone bay: 200m3
make it a realy drone ship not a crap !!!!!
|

lofty29
Praxiteles Inc. E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:10:00 -
[153]
Originally by: Centurin Has anyone actually flown this on the test server? I'm eager to here how it did.
I engaged a rokh. Then my client crashed  ---
Praxiteles Inc. is Recruiting! |

Heelay Ashrum
Caldari Santhe Sienar Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:13:00 -
[154]
Originally by: lofty29
Originally by: Centurin Has anyone actually flown this on the test server? I'm eager to here how it did.
I engaged a rokh. Then my client crashed 
pls retry when u can.. i have a realy bad feeling . i need good news ..
|

Kassidus
Gallente Hidden Agenda Deep Space Engineering
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:17:00 -
[155]
both of the new Gallente ships are well, disapointing to say the least, neither of them seem useful, so far the only ones i will buy are the caldari ones maybee amarr and minie but the gallente ones seem to have no purpose.
|

lofty29
Praxiteles Inc. E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:18:00 -
[156]
Edited by: lofty29 on 25/10/2006 14:18:30
Originally by: Heelay Ashrum
Originally by: lofty29
Originally by: Centurin Has anyone actually flown this on the test server? I'm eager to here how it did.
I engaged a rokh. Then my client crashed 
pls retry when u can.. i have a realy bad feeling . i need good news ..
Well i can tell you it did 1450m/s with a 10mn MWD II and nav skills at 4. And it's about as big as the rokh  ---
Praxiteles Inc. is Recruiting! |

Kapitanleutnant Mei
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:23:00 -
[157]
YES its been flown on the test server- a friend could tank 2 (albiet poorly setup) drakes in one easily, cap is crucial in kali and with a dual rep setup and med drones this is an evil ship
|

Ithildin
Gallente The Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:24:00 -
[158]
Originally by: lofty29
Originally by: Centurin Has anyone actually flown this on the test server? I'm eager to here how it did.
I engaged a rokh. Then my client crashed 
Hehe, Rokh have uber tank on SiSi. You can't shoot it. - What am I listening to? |

Temo Jick
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:24:00 -
[159]
I flew it last night, its beautiful and defiantly a fun ship to fly. BUT there is nothing ive been able to do with it that I couldnĘt do better in a dommy or a Vex. Personally i would Rather a reduction to its power grid (limiting you to using only light guns if you want to field a tank) and an extra 25m3 of drone bay. This would really work as an all purpose ship. It doesnĘt have any turret bonuses any way so using light rails or blasters isnĘt sacrificing much, while giving it a defence against frigates which it would need as 125m3 of drone bay would limit it to just 5 heavy drones. Of corse that will never happen but itĘs a nice ship all the same, though its never going to be anything more then a stepping stone from vex to dom, shame realy.
|

Flitz Farseeker
Gallente Eve guardians
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:24:00 -
[160]
With only 100m3 of drone bay, I won't bother with heavies. 6 meds and 8 lights if I can still count gives the possibility to field 5 meds, 5 lights or any combo and have a spare or two if one does buy the farm.
I also think a remote armor repper might be useful in one of those non-turret hi-slots. And a couple of medium NOS just for good luck!
|

Jongo Fett
Caldari Imperial Space Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:25:00 -
[161]
i took out 2 drakes with it although not at the same time. its one v sexy ship 4 t2 heavys = ownage
|

Heelay Ashrum
Caldari Santhe Sienar Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:32:00 -
[162]
Originally by: Jongo Fett i took out 2 drakes with it although not at the same time. its one v sexy ship 4 t2 heavys = ownage
hm .. they tried to kill drones instead of u?
|

Galen Silas
Gallente Digital assassins
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:37:00 -
[163]
Originally by: James Lyrus Good drone bay, repper bonus, sexy model. What's not to like? Slot layout's a bit lower on turrets (8 hits, 5 turret slots) than I'd expect, but then again everyone's going to be fitting nos anyway.
I think I'll be cross skilling onto this one. Not much effort involved. (although I admit, I've not seen what level cruiser skill is going to be needed, I'd assume it's not 5)
One word... NOS
|

Kunming
Amarr adeptus gattacus Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:44:00 -
[164]
Why does the Myrmidon has BOTH less armor and less hull than the Harbinger? Give it at least 6k hull or something pls!
|

Nicholai Pestot
Gallente Havoc Inc
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:10:00 -
[165]
I engaged a drake 1v1 on the test server and simply out-lasted it.
I broke through alot of his shields with my tech II med drones, but of course he targeted them.
My 3 Heavy Nos and 5 light Neutron II's finished the job. With the assistance of my nos and a cap injector my dual-reppers simply put up too much of a tank. After fighting for about 10 minutes he ran out of ammo and then it was just a case of nocking down his shields with his cap gone.
Still needs more testing ofc, but its one hell of a ship. ________________ What you do is you store up the rage, let it fester while you gain strength, then use it to gank those weaker than you... and so the circle of life is complete |

Heelay Ashrum
Caldari Santhe Sienar Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:12:00 -
[166]
Edited by: Heelay Ashrum on 25/10/2006 15:12:33
Originally by: Nicholai Pestot I engaged a drake 1v1 on the test server and simply out-lasted it.
I broke through alot of his shields with my tech II med drones, but of course he targeted them.
My 3 Heavy Nos and 5 light Neutron II's finished the job. With the assistance of my nos and a cap injector my dual-reppers simply put up too much of a tank. After fighting for about 10 minutes he ran out of ammo and then it was just a case of nocking down his shields with his cap gone.
Still needs more testing ofc, but its one hell of a ship.
good to know!! can i guggest u another test? test it agaist a passive tanking drake, and ask him to engage drones.
realy interested what will happens
|

Steppa
Gallente Sturmgrenadier Inc R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:20:00 -
[167]
A drone ship should be able to launch at least two waves of drones at least. Remember, most drone-centric ships use them as primary weapons. The fact that your weapons can be destroyed requires some special consideration.
|

starship enginer
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:23:00 -
[168]
Edited by: starship enginer on 25/10/2006 15:25:21
Originally by: Ithildin
It is supposed to make up for the two-three missing turrets and the missing turret bonus.
4x Ogre II = 4 * 1.92 * 1.1 * 1.25 * 24 * 2 = 506.88 thermal dps. No replacements. No small flight of drones. Negligible backup dps from turrets. Very, very, short operational range.
What I'm asking for is the drone bay to be increased so that it can accept backup drones. The dps will increase with merely 126.72 for a total of 633.6 - easily offsetting that there is no capability for damage mods on this damage!
However, the most important aspect is the backup drones. You can't load/unload drones from cargo to drone bay, if you could it wouldn't be such a terrible LARGE issue.
Edit: (425mm AC II EMP ammo) Hurricane damage: 346.5 With 3 dmg mods: 574
Hmm... actually the damage amount isn't the issue. Underlying issue with drones is that there's no limit on their use other than drone bay SIZE. *grumblegrumble*
They should really look into that. Make it so there's a stat on each ship limiting drone control, so that you can carry backup drones on, say, a Vexor, without unbalancing it.
your numbers are wrong
"4x Ogre II = 4 * 1.92 * 1.1 * 1.25 * 24 * 2 = 506.88 thermal dps"
you forgot the 2 second ROF and also the 50% bonus to drone dmg at lvl 5
gives
4x Ogre II = 4 * 1.92 * 1.1 * 1.25 * 24 * 2 *1.5 /2 = 380.16 thermal dps
but who is gona fit 4 ogre 2s in their right mind, they die so fast, one drone dies and your drone DPS is cut by 25% :/
its much more realistic to expect 5 medium thermal t2 drones
also they should up the bay to 150M^3 and limit the bonus to medium drones only!!!
and why are you compairing to the Hurricane damage with EMP when they can easily use high dmg t2 ammo now, not to mention they can use barrage and choose dmg type to a good degree, while if u use anyhting other than thermal drones you take a big dps hit!
|

Coda Relic
Gallente SUBLIME L.L.C
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:50:00 -
[169]
Since I am Gallente, I felt compelled by forces greater than my own to contribute to this fine thread. I'll try to make it short and to the point. The argument that I'm hearing is "Drones can be destroyed, so we need to be able to field more." Well at 2+ mil per T2 drone, I don't care if I could field 5 waves. The fact is that this tends to get a bit expensive. All a bigger drone bay would mean is that instead of throwing away 20 mil (2+ mil for T2 meds), I would be putting even more of my hard earned ISK into a fight that, even if my ship makes it out in one piece, the fight cost about as much as the ship is worth anyway. IMHO I would like to see the Myr add time to my little dronies lifespan. This could be by adding drone durability per level (or possibly another skill that I've overlooked?) This way instead of sending more and more lemming drones to fight and drain my wallet, the ones that are sent last longer. To me the 100m3 drone bay is fine. I'm comfortable with the ability to field 2 waves of T2 med drones. What I'm not comfortable with is sending 10-20 mil of fodder off to battle. No other main weapon requires this amount of upkeep...
Quote: "You wanged my ship, you walnut-panelled idiot!" - Professor Farnsworth
|

Temo Jick
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:55:00 -
[170]
Originally by: Coda Relic IMHO I would like to see the Myr add time to my little dronies lifespan. This could be by adding drone durability per level
It does this 10% more shield structure and armor for each drone per level, did you mean you wanted more?
|

Centurin
Sturmgrenadier Inc R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:55:00 -
[171]
Originally by: Coda Relic This could be by adding drone durability per level (or possibly another skill that I've overlooked?)
Try training... Drone durability  ----------------------------------------------- "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime |

Malena Panic
Gallente Acme Technologies Incorporated Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:59:00 -
[172]
Originally by: Nicholai Pestot I engaged a drake 1v1 on the test server and simply out-lasted it.
I broke through alot of his shields with my tech II med drones, but of course he targeted them.
My 3 Heavy Nos and 5 light Neutron II's finished the job.
I must be missing something. No drones, no guns; how did you kill him?
|

Augustin Coriac
Gallente Infinite Improbability Inc Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:00:00 -
[173]
Originally by: Steppa A drone ship should be able to launch at least two waves of drones at least. Remember, most drone-centric ships use them as primary weapons. The fact that your weapons can be destroyed requires some special consideration.
Well you can use 2 waves of med drones... Don't forget it's a BC, not a BS. Brutix doesn't fit large hybrid turrets, and imo Myrmidon doesn't use heavy drones.
The dronebay and bonuses don't annoy me on this ship (at the contrary they sound nasty). I'll see if my feelings are correct when i'll be able to connect to sisi :)
|

Cmdr Sy
Off Balance Sheet Entity
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:14:00 -
[174]
You don't have to use Hammerhead IIs. Use Vespa IIs, and although your raw DPS is cut by around 10%, the hit to your wallet when they die or get left behind, is cut by 50%. Considering kinetic damage tends to be as all-purpose as thermal, that's a trade-off I would be willing to make.
I like the look of this ship, and I mean stats too, not just the model.
|

lofty29
Praxiteles Inc. E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:25:00 -
[175]
Originally by: Augustin Coriac
Originally by: Steppa A drone ship should be able to launch at least two waves of drones at least. Remember, most drone-centric ships use them as primary weapons. The fact that your weapons can be destroyed requires some special consideration.
Well you can use 2 waves of med drones... Don't forget it's a BC, not a BS. Brutix doesn't fit large hybrid turrets, and imo Myrmidon doesn't use heavy drones.
The dronebay and bonuses don't annoy me on this ship (at the contrary they sound nasty). I'll see if my feelings are correct when i'll be able to connect to sisi :)
Your sig....omfg....LOL!     ---
Praxiteles Inc. is Recruiting! |

Coda Relic
Gallente SUBLIME L.L.C
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:53:00 -
[176]
Originally by: Centurin Try training... Drone durability 
Have it, but thanks anyway...
Originally by: Temo Jick It does this 10% more shield structure and armor for each drone per level, did you mean you wanted more?
Maybe the stats I looked at were old, I am subject to making mistakes... What are the current per level stats for the Myr? If what you say is correct then the Myr looks fine to me and I really can't complain
Quote: "You wanged my ship, you walnut-panelled idiot!" - Professor Farnsworth
|

Jimmycs83
Venom.
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 19:19:00 -
[177]
finally managed to get on the test server to get a look at one of these ... unfortunately didnt get to try it out in combat yet due to my clint crashing and putting me back at the end of the 500man queue to log back in. Did manage to play about with some setups for a short while tho ..
my setup was Myrmidon Setup
Jimmy
|

Quilan Ziller
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 23:33:00 -
[178]
Originally by: xenodia
Originally by: lofty29 Edited by: lofty29 on 24/10/2006 15:00:42 Who else is OMFG EXITED about how sexy this ship looks?! Uber-vexor with 7.5% rep bonus ftw! 
PICCY!!
I was excited about the prospect of the myrmidon, until it hit SiSi and we saw the stats/bonuses. Now im not so sure. I'll still try it out before passing judgement, but not nearly as excited as I was.
Lack of any damage bonus for the guns, and lack of turret slots in general means you are totally dependent on your drones for damage, which is fine for a drone boat. But im not convinced 100m of drone bay is enough for a dedicated drone boat that has no other significant means of damage. To do damage anywhere close to that of the other new BCs, youd have to have t2 drone skills and run 3 heavy and 2 medium drones. But doing that means you have only 5m of drone bay for a spare light drone, so youd better hope nobody takes out your drones or youre limping back to base practically defenseless.
I had kind of hoped for an Eos-sized drone bay, especially considering the lack of gun slots. As it stands, even the Ishtar has more than twice the drone bay, and t2 or not, its a cruiser sized hull, whereas the Myrmidon is a battlecruiser sized hull thats supposed to be a dedicated drone boat.
Forget the Ishtar... A lowly Navy Issue Vexor comes with 100 m3 of drone bay - and with bonus to medium hybrid turrets! And, as an answer to everyone in this thread who is simply comparing raw DPS between Myrmidon and Domi... Even if Myrmidon was able to field 5 heavy drones, otherwise equal drone DPS would *not* mean Myrmidon = Domi.
Can't fit a BS-quality tank. For all it's worth, no BC even comes close. The sig radius, though, is almost like that of a BS. Can't fit large turrets, and no gun bonuses at all! Can't fit large Nosferatus. If the Myr drone bay were increased to 125 or 150 m3, there won't be enough space to fit full flights of almost all types of drones in game, like the Domi can. A hint to everyone who is not using drones much: using Heavy drones is not always the best strategy! They won't kill an interceptor easily, for example. Or even Loyal Sansha NPC frigs. The heavies are just not fast enough, and they miss small targets a lot.
I would be very excited to get a pure drone boat (btw, Domi, with its blaster bonus, ain't a pure drone boat). But if left as it is, I am just afraid Myrmidon will become another Catalyst. A ship that looks good on paper if you are a noob, but, unfortunately, has very limited use in real life. 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |