| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Samael79
Caldari JASDIP
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 18:55:00 -
[1]
Gentlemen, i'm here to speak about a problem that affects a lot of people that are doing level 4 missions for the Caldary Navy, more exactly for it's famous lev 4 quality 18 in 0.9 security agent in Motsu. The problem might have been adressed before, i don't know, i read bits of the forums seldomly. I made this post to make the technical team aware of this.
A lot of people play Caldari, a lot of those doing level 4 missions are working for the Motsu agent, thus Motsu and surrounding systems are very populated. An alternative is to go in Aramachi (3 jumps from Motsu and an end of the line system) and work for the quality 13 agent the Navy has there. In between Motsu and Aramachi is Saila, thus both agents place a lot of missions in this system. Now, the problem is Saila has TONS of lag, on a daily basis, with average occupancy i'd say (130ish people on Local). To make matters worse, Jita is just a few jumps away, and something tells me Motsu, Saila and surroundings are on the same server cluster. Find a solution to this, introduce 1-2 more good quality agents for the Command division, or any division known to give kill missions, separate these regions from the Jita server cluster, change the location these 2 agents keep sending you in mostly (Saila) i don't know, but fix it somehow because i think it's easily fixable with a bit of good management. Life for the guys doing these missions is hell in these areas every day for weeks now, so it doesn't look like a temporary thing.
P.S. Made this post to make the developers aware of a situation i see resonably easily fixable, just that. And to the people that will come and say change location i'll say this: no, i won't change location, it's not just the LP I and the others here worked hard for, but one should be able to play wherever he likes.
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:01:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 01/01/2007 19:02:10
So try some other systems. Here is a search for agents in the same region as Motsu and Saila, and behold... there are lots more agents that arent half bad:
Citadel kill mission agents, sorted on quality
Also check neighbor regions...
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

mrmugshot
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:01:00 -
[3]
Yes, lets get all the devs to fix your issue since YOU won't move, therefore making the other 100,000+ subscribers wait for bug fixes. LOL!
|

Yblarbo Janks
Caldari Veto.
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:12:00 -
[4]
Janks agrees that this system is all clusteredup.
He ask half of you to leave so that he doesn't have to, and report back in a week or so.
Huzzah!
|

Samael79
Caldari JASDIP
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:14:00 -
[5]
Listen, it's not MY problem, it's the problem 136 people are having right now, and have had it for weeks, if not more. Imagine that when i came here i worked for the Motsu agent, and after quite a bit of missioning i did go in another area, to an agent of worse quality, in Aramachi, and i gave up the LP gathered until then. No i don't want the +2 implants or whatever, from cashing in those LPs, i see them pretty much lost. So now you're suggesting i should dump again the LPs gathered in Aramachi, no friggin way. Besides, this is not even the issue, the truth is we accept Jita as beeing laggy, as we only trade there, but an area where a lot of people play this game should allow you to play the game decently. As i said, this is not a temporary problem this zone is having.
|

Verus Potestas
Caldari The I-Win Button
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:26:00 -
[6]
Motsu was a bad decision on CCP's part. They wanted to move the busy agents, so they moved Toras from Niyabainen to Motsu. This put 4 CN level 4 agents, including the 2 best ones, within 2j of each other.
The whole thing got cluster******. No-one was surprised.
I suggest introducing faction-wide LP (Caldari State LP, rather than Toras LP or Caldari Navy LP) and then introducing 5x as many agents of similar quality, all over Caldari space in similar sec areas.
Personally I think all the level4s should be in low sec (that would seriously help the cluster**** caused by the agent runners), but I don't see that happening, so spreading them out seems the next best thing.
--- In third-party forums we trust
Did i ask for anyone to copy this into their sig? No, ****heads, its my text, not yours.
|

Ander Zeiss
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:27:00 -
[7]
To be honest, the quality of the agents in that area are not the reason I mission there, but rather the fact that I have 4 level 4 combat mission agents which I can use. I tried using a single agent out of the lag zone, but I quickly found that turning down a mission basically meant I should log off for 4 hours. As long as people have no options instead of logging off or jumping 15 systems to run missions, you will continue to have this problem.
I'd run missions for negative quality agents as long as there were enough of them in a area so that I could actually play and not wait out some silly timer.
|

Dezzereth
Two Swords Guild
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:36:00 -
[8]
CCP definitely pulled a no-brainer here.
Months ago they moved agents around to alleviate the lag from other system (like Lage.. I mean Hageken), and managed to cluster (ALL) the best high sec agents from the Caldari Navy 2 jumps away from each other. Of course that produces a lot of lag and a lot of problems. The solution in this case is too easy. Simply move all but one of the agents to (SEPERATE), calmer, parts of space.
To the smartasses: There are a lot of people using agents I'd say about 500 people are affected by it daily, and they have the right to have a smooth gameplay, especially since the solution is all to easy. The OP states a valid problem to people doing missions in that area. They are there for a reason, and options to move are realistically not there. Low sec is simply not an option for a lot of (casual) players.
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:46:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Dezzereth
To the smartasses: There are a lot of people using agents I'd say about 500 people are affected by it daily, and they have the right to have a smooth gameplay, especially since the solution is all to easy.
Sure, you guys are welcome to sit around and wait for the solution. Doesnt bother me.  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Dezzereth
Two Swords Guild
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:56:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Dezzereth
To the smartasses: There are a lot of people using agents I'd say about 500 people are affected by it daily, and they have the right to have a smooth gameplay, especially since the solution is all to easy.
Sure, you guys are welcome to sit around and wait for the solution. Doesnt bother me. 
It doesnt make a difference: Make post, tell CCP - CCP ignores, non missionrunners flame. Make no post - CCP ignores it obviously, since they are too far detached from their game to notice such things.
So, in a way, not making a post about certain issues (this among them) would save a lot of percious storage space, but I think one can hope that it MIGHT be noticed.
|

Arondos
Minmatar Old Timers Guild
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:57:00 -
[11]
I just logged because the lag was so bad in Sayarcten. It was taking 20-30 seconds for modules to activate. Everyone in the system was having problems. Population? 17 people. Did the same thing last week if one day a week I am not going to get to play because of lag. I'll take my money to a company that will fix lag issues.
Life isn't fair and neither is Eve. Get over it. |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 19:57:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Dezzereth
It doesnt make a difference: Make post, tell CCP - CCP ignores, non missionrunners flame. Make no post - CCP ignores it obviously, since they are too far detached from their game to notice such things.
So, in a way, not making a post about certain issues (this among them) would save a lot of percious storage space, but I think one can hope that it MIGHT be noticed.
It also helps with the frustration to make posts on the forum... :)
But they know about this problem. It has come up tons of times before, and Motsu have been laggy since... forever. Everybody goes there to do their level 4 missions since its a good location, and most people pick caldari for mission running.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:02:00 -
[13]
As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.
Go back to leg central and stop complaining about the effect of your choice. --*=*=*--
The cause for this is not yet known, but we do have a possible fix in testing. by Sharkbait | 2006.09.20 |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:07:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.
Why cant he fly missions for the other factions?
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Kathy
Gallente The Dark Realm
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:10:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Kathy on 01/01/2007 20:11:25
On a side note, why not just add some more CN Agents to Empire Space? My last Research has brought me a complete 4 Agents which where of my choice (Empire >= 0.5, Command, L4) and guess who and where they were.
If CCP wants an easy fix for the lag issues in citadel / the forge, just add some more agents and let the people spread out.
|

Verus Potestas
Caldari The I-Win Button
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:12:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.
Grats, you just convinced my CPF agent (who is, incidentally, better than any of the Motsu/Saila agents) that he didn't exist, and now he's refusing to give me any missions 
--- In third-party forums we trust
Did i ask for anyone to copy this into their sig? No, ****heads, its my text, not yours.
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:15:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Andrue on 01/01/2007 20:16:39 I think the best solution would be to have quality be load dependant. As agents get busier they start dropping in effective quality. Unfortunately this isn't an easy solution. There would need to be some mechanism by which the agents can warn people that quality was dropping and I think in all fairness they'd have to offer some kind of referral system. Something along the lines of "I've been very busy recently so I'm going to take it easy for a while. I suggest you talk to Fred Bloggs - he'll be expecting you".
Then you probably have to address the logistics of relocating. Maybe the agent can offer to move your stuff over night.
But that's the best solution. The simplest solution is just to introduce more agents of the same highest quality and spread them around. Personally I don't see why people are so determined to be running the very best agent all the time but if they are add more to the game. Oh and drop the rewards to compensate. We don't want to affect overall game balance. -- (Battle hardened industrialist)
[Brackley, UK]
Linux is only free if your time is worthless |

Dezzereth
Two Swords Guild
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:16:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Jim McGregor It also helps with the frustration to make posts on the forum... :)
Then apparantly lately a lot of people have reason to vent. 
Originally by: Jim McGregor But they know about this problem. It has come up tons of times before, and Motsu have been laggy since... forever. Everybody goes there to do their level 4 missions since its a good location, and most people pick caldari for mission running.
If they know, they could do something about it, since this problem is there for over half a year for Motsu/Saila (not forever), and again a bit longer if you count the time before the agent move (Hatakani region). It's really just to move some of the agents (NOT at same place together again).... nothing more... no fancy coding, no additional hardware. I know that the missions for the moved agents would then be in need to be updated, but my guess is it won't eat up a team of 15 people.
I hope we can agree that a server running smoothly for everyone from "peaceful" miner to "mean" pirate is something to strive for. And this definitely falls to this category. Some wishes are harder to make reality than others ofc, but imo this falls into the "it basically just needs to be done" catgory.
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:18:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Ander Zeiss To be honest, the quality of the agents in that area are not the reason I mission there, but rather the fact that I have 4 level 4 combat mission agents which I can use. I tried using a single agent out of the lag zone, but I quickly found that turning down a mission basically meant I should log off for 4 hours. As long as people have no options instead of logging off or jumping 15 systems to run missions, you will continue to have this problem.
I'd run missions for negative quality agents as long as there were enough of them in a area so that I could actually play and not wait out some silly timer.
Huh? Why are turning down missions? Does it reall hurt that much to run a courier or trade mission every now and again? Are you not up to running L4 missions yet? -- (Battle hardened industrialist)
[Brackley, UK]
Linux is only free if your time is worthless |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:25:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.
Why cant he fly missions for the other factions?
Dunno. I never understood the reasoning behind the strange fixation of many Caldari pilots on flying for Caldari Navy and only Caldari Navy. --*=*=*--
The cause for this is not yet known, but we do have a possible fix in testing. by Sharkbait | 2006.09.20 |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:27:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Verus Potestas
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.
Grats, you just convinced my CPF agent (who is, incidentally, better than any of the Motsu/Saila agents) that he didn't exist, and now he's refusing to give me any missions 
Oops, sorry. That was not my intention.
(You know that you just called more pilots into your mission running area?) --*=*=*--
The cause for this is not yet known, but we do have a possible fix in testing. by Sharkbait | 2006.09.20 |

Tachy
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:28:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Andrue
Originally by: Ander Zeiss To be honest, the quality of the agents in that area are not the reason I mission there, but rather the fact that I have 4 level 4 combat mission agents which I can use. I tried using a single agent out of the lag zone, but I quickly found that turning down a mission basically meant I should log off for 4 hours. As long as people have no options instead of logging off or jumping 15 systems to run missions, you will continue to have this problem.
I'd run missions for negative quality agents as long as there were enough of them in a area so that I could actually play and not wait out some silly timer.
Huh? Why are turning down missions? Does it reall hurt that much to run a courier or trade mission every now and again? Are you not up to running L4 missions yet?
Some pilots are not into those missions where you have to fight certain groups, like other empire faction navies. --*=*=*--
The cause for this is not yet known, but we do have a possible fix in testing. by Sharkbait | 2006.09.20 |

Verus Potestas
Caldari The I-Win Button
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 20:33:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Tachy You know that you just called more pilots into your mission running area?
I'm a nice guy 
--- In third-party forums we trust
Did i ask for anyone to copy this into their sig? No, ****heads, its my text, not yours.
|

Ander Zeiss
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 21:53:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Andrue
Originally by: Ander Zeiss To be honest, the quality of the agents in that area are not the reason I mission there, but rather the fact that I have 4 level 4 combat mission agents which I can use. I tried using a single agent out of the lag zone, but I quickly found that turning down a mission basically meant I should log off for 4 hours. As long as people have no options instead of logging off or jumping 15 systems to run missions, you will continue to have this problem.
I'd run missions for negative quality agents as long as there were enough of them in a area so that I could actually play and not wait out some silly timer.
Huh? Why are turning down missions? Does it reall hurt that much to run a courier or trade mission every now and again? Are you not up to running L4 missions yet?
I actually do the courier missions, but there are a few combat ones that I stay away from as I am pretty new to level 4 missions, and I honestly don't feel like replacing my ship if I get in over my head.
|

Wotar
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 22:13:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.

But seriously - its your choice to cram into Motsu with all the other Navy sheep.
Just because someone in noobcorp chat told you to work for the Navy because they were too lazy to explain the entire system to you, and since you're equally clueless you havent yet figured out that maybe 100 deadspaces in one system might possibly lag a lot, don't blame others.
Just go elsewhere - that makes you smarter then the average sheep.
|

Dezzereth
Two Swords Guild
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 22:29:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Wotar
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.

But seriously - its your choice to cram into Motsu with all the other Navy sheep.
Just because someone in noobcorp chat told you to work for the Navy because they were too lazy to explain the entire system to you, and since you're equally clueless you havent yet figured out that maybe 100 deadspaces in one system might possibly lag a lot, don't blame others.
Just go elsewhere - that makes you smarter then the average sheep.
Tell me another corp that gives out Caldari faction ships (Hookbills, Navy Caracals, Navy Ravens) and I'll sign up.
|

Shadowsword
COLSUP Tau Ceti Federation
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 22:52:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Dezzereth
Tell me another corp that gives out Caldari faction ships (Hookbills, Navy Caracals, Navy Ravens) and I'll sign up.
afaik, every combat agent whose corp belong to the caldari faction can give you one... ------------------------------------------ Every ship has a base 60-70% resist against the primary damage type of the race that is the least able to vary it's damage types. |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.01 22:58:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Shadowsword
Originally by: Dezzereth
Tell me another corp that gives out Caldari faction ships (Hookbills, Navy Caracals, Navy Ravens) and I'll sign up.
afaik, every combat agent whose corp belong to the caldari faction can give you one...
I dont think people know this... which contributes to everyone picking Caldari Navy. --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Wotar
|
Posted - 2007.01.02 01:02:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Dezzereth
Originally by: Wotar
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.

But seriously - its your choice to cram into Motsu with all the other Navy sheep.
Just because someone in noobcorp chat told you to work for the Navy because they were too lazy to explain the entire system to you, and since you're equally clueless you havent yet figured out that maybe 100 deadspaces in one system might possibly lag a lot, don't blame others.
Just go elsewhere - that makes you smarter then the average sheep.
Tell me another corp that gives out Caldari faction ships (Hookbills, Navy Caracals, Navy Ravens) and I'll sign up.
Thanks for proving my point 
|

Malthros Zenobia
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
|
Posted - 2007.01.02 01:11:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Tachy As a Caldari pilot, you have to fly missions for Caldari Navy. There's no other option.
Why cant he fly missions for the other factions?
I think Tachy was being sarcastic.
Originally by: kieron The Carrier was never intended to be a solo OMGWTF mission-farming PWNmobile.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |