| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Cosmic Raider
State Protectorate
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 15:46:00 -
[1]
I admit that for a bit I was irritated with the arrival of FOOM into FW because it seemed against the intent of getting carebears to come into the larger Eve fight. After all, I thought, what's the point of a pro corp like FOOM, with their endless resources, experience, and skill shooting a bunch of noobs like me? However, I was wrong - there is a point - FOOM has changed the game. I no longer see FW as a stepping stone to 0.0 play.
FW rocks alot right now. In the past several weeks, I have noticed a definite increase in militia activity and combat in areas that used to be almost totally empty. Small gang warfare is increasing. Additionally, the militia activity throughout the contestable areas has brought with it increased contact with pirate corps. Consequently, it appears to me that more people are bumping into each other in more places than ever before. I credit FOOM with this.
Moreover, FOOM's arrival has generated alot of thought and discussion amongst Caldari, who prior to FW were mostly concerned about the next mission to do or skill to train, to consider more complex problems like logistics for sustaining themselves far from home, taking down a POS and dealing with an enemy elite corp. Ironically, it is the Caldari who mostly benefit from FOOM's arrival because we are the ones who have to learn a way to overcome a vastly superior opponent - and we will.
This evolution might have taken place without FOOM's return to the scene at some point, but I think they have been the catalyst. All in all, it appears that the fun is just beginning. I think 2009 will be a great year for FW.
|

Toratuko
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 16:11:00 -
[2]
ITT: FOOM fanboi circle-jerk.
Most 0.0 failtards at least have the self-respect to fade into irrelevance quietly.
|

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 16:19:00 -
[3]
All bluster and smack aside - that's exactly what we were hoping to accomplish. You'll notice FOOM's heavy involvement in the Facwar Analysis thread (which you can feel free to comment and bump, btw, hehe) and our rather aggressive plexing targets.
CCP could do a lot to make Facwar more interesting - but one problem they can't cure is that of providing strong adversaries on each side. You have to have a "bad guy" on the other side to focus on, or in time the struggle becomes pointless. We're by no means the only prominent Gallente entity, but we're certainly the loudest one. That's deliberate - not because we're jerks (though the Caldari might disagree, we're actually really friendly fellows if you're not "the enemy") but because we're trying to take the most potential-filled militia - Squidland - and get them to create something for themselves.
By gradually assimilating more and more of Black Rise, we're hoping to draw Caldari to its defense - and we're hoping we can, by showing the huge amounts of PVP that will result, draw more Gallente corps as well. FOOM and Fenris get along quite well, but the one thing we disagree on is the point and use of plexes - we hope that in time, we can "show them the light" by showing them what great PVP we're getting in this environment. (They're probably hoping we'll knock off this silly plexing crap and come PVP like sane normal people.)
CCP has the biggest role to fill in fixing Facwar; ultimately we can only do so much with the system. We're doing our part, though, and hopefully CCP will do theirs - and as a result, Facwar as a whole will prosper. It's a disappointment that such an excellent idea has such a bad reputation. Perhaps we can fix it - but we will still definitely need CCP's help.
(If you're reading this, read, comment, and bump The Facwar Analysis Thread!
|

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 16:21:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Toratuko ITT: FOOM fanboi circle-jerk.
Most 0.0 failtards at least have the self-respect to fade into irrelevance quietly.
And most posters have the guts to reveal who they are when posting. I guess, unlike you, I still aggressively play the game and pursue my goals, instead of making myself feel better making snide little remarks in the shadows, eh? What's a matter? Never had the guts to go big because you were afraid you'd fail? I did, I blew it, and now I'm doing something else. You don't even have the keyboard courage to identify yourself when posting.
I believe the term is "LOL." Move on.
|

Abram Enroch
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 17:18:00 -
[5]
Sounds like someones having fun. Good!
|

Toratuko
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 17:19:00 -
[6]
LOL indeed. How I miss your hubris, Fried. Already your ego appears to be expanding to fill this pond as it did Syndicate. I look forward to the carnage your ambition will leave in it's wake when next it falters.
Until then, my cowardly shadows beckon so I bid you adieu, and commend you to your repeating history. |

RIP T'orn
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 18:07:00 -
[7]
I'm seeing FW become more and more fun myself. Caldari corps like the 22nd are really stepping it up and bringing the fight. Much respect to them. I hope more Caldari pilots get the guts to go out and put up a fight. That's what FW is all about.
|

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 18:09:00 -
[8]
Oh, to be as omnipotent as you. 
Moving on.... Cosmic, I'm curious - if you feel comfortable revealing this much - are there actual real, concrete plans to thwart what we're doing, or just Gate-Control-esque fist-shaking? It's not going to change what we're doing, I'm just wondering if things have progressed beyond the talk stage to something we can look forward to fighting. :)
|

Infected Cure
Caldari The Diamond Age
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 18:52:00 -
[9]
CALDARI RULE!
|

Rajere
No Trademark Notoriety Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 19:48:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Rajere on 19/12/2008 19:48:45 grow up and smack people with your main.
fried smells funny. see? its easy. o/ -------------------------- NOTR *nsfw* |

Kithaca
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 19:58:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Rajere Edited by: Rajere on 19/12/2008 19:48:45 grow up and smack people with your main.
fried smells funny. see? its easy. o/
Random. But this made me chuckle.
|

Cosmic Raider
State Protectorate
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 20:19:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Cosmic Raider on 19/12/2008 20:24:34 Edited by: Cosmic Raider on 19/12/2008 20:20:45
Originally by: Friedrick Psitalon Oh, to be as omnipotent as you. 
Moving on.... Cosmic, I'm curious - if you feel comfortable revealing this much - are there actual real, concrete plans to thwart what we're doing, or just Gate-Control-esque fist-shaking? It's not going to change what we're doing, I'm just wondering if things have progressed beyond the talk stage to something we can look forward to fighting. :)
One of the challenges facing a loosely tied milita of mostly noobs against the 1337 well coordinated and sophisticated FOOM juggernaut is planning and execution. However, we do whisper to each other and dream of a day...
"When I say a day will come, I am emphatically not speaking of something which in the minds of some people "is possibly coming", something illusory, unattainable and devoid of significance for action. The day that will come is like a ship far out at sea whose mast-head can already be seen from the shore; it is like the morning sun in the east whose shimmering rays are visible from a high mountain-top; it is like a child about to be born moving restlessly in its mother's womb." - Mao Tse-tung, "A Single Spark Can Start a Prairie Fire", January 3, 1930
|

Spacy Cadette
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 21:00:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Rajere Edited by: Rajere on 19/12/2008 19:48:45 grow up and smack people with your main.
fried smells funny. see? its easy. o/
Rajere is still a jackarse, but at least one with balls enough to not hide. 
Cosmic, one thing we have found - the rabble will always be the rabble. No way around that, I am afraid. What you need to do is form relationships within the rabble, and based off the relationships develop trust, which leads to teamwork and cooperation. Same as in RL, ya know.
|

Sadumon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 21:02:00 -
[14]
I too look forward to a more organized resistance to our presence. Let's face it...plexing isn't the most fun activity in the game, but it's a means to an end -- getting more people involved in PVP. I must say, it's been fun to see the Caldari stay and fight a bit more, and get a few friends to help attack or defend a plex. It's resulted in more kills and more deaths...and it's nice to see some viable opposition and actually lose a ship once or twice.
|

Aravorn
Gallente The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 21:07:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Cosmic Raider One of the challenges facing a loosely tied milita of mostly noobs against the 1337 well coordinated and sophisticated FOOM juggernaut is planning and execution. However, we do whisper to each other and dream of a day...
"When I say a day will come, I am emphatically not speaking of something which in the minds of some people "is possibly coming", something illusory, unattainable and devoid of significance for action. The day that will come is like a ship far out at sea whose mast-head can already be seen from the shore; it is like the morning sun in the east whose shimmering rays are visible from a high mountain-top; it is like a child about to be born moving restlessly in its mother's womb." - Mao Tse-tung, "A Single Spark Can Start a Prairie Fire", January 3, 1930
Seriously, you should think about joining a corp, there are good Caldari ones out there. (see Frieds comments elsewhere about CAIN and the 22nd just to name two) And as you have observed its a lot better and easier trying to take the next step with a group of folks you trust and work with on a daily basis.
Unfortunately for you right now its easy for us to plan ahead a few months, with the general militia (and its the same on the Gallente side) its hard to plan forward a couple of hours.
In any case good luck to you, I recall the name for some reason, and hope to see you again in Black Rise sometime soon :)
|

Trade Deadline
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 21:45:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Trade Deadline on 19/12/2008 21:48:27 Edited by: Trade Deadline on 19/12/2008 21:45:43 Nice to see people being nice!
|

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.19 22:06:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Rajere Edited by: Rajere on 19/12/2008 19:48:45 grow up and smack people with your main.
fried smells funny. see? its easy. o/
....pwned. 
ITT: The guy phantom-smacking gets moderated. 
|

Cosmic Raider
State Protectorate
|
Posted - 2008.12.20 02:30:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Cosmic Raider on 20/12/2008 02:30:39
Originally by: Friedrick Psitalon
Originally by: Rajere Edited by: Rajere on 19/12/2008 19:48:45 grow up and smack people with your main.
fried smells funny. see? its easy. o/
....pwned. 
ITT: The guy phantom-smacking gets moderated. 
So lemme get this straight. You ask me a question and I give you a totally inspirational and obscure quote from Mao and your reply relates to your body odor? 
|

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.20 02:44:00 -
[19]
I believe he was talking to the other fellow that got modded, Cosmic. Rajere's an interesting and colorful fellow, but he's usually on-topic and on-target. 
|

Serapo Petrotestes
Caldari 22nd Black Rise Defensive Unit
|
Posted - 2008.12.21 15:48:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Friedrick Psitalon
- are there actual real, concrete plans to thwart what we're doing, or just Gate-Control-esque fist-shaking? It's not going to change what we're doing, I'm just wondering if things have progressed beyond the talk stage to something we can look forward to fighting. :)
At this point, we are trying to determine if FOOM actually own or are trying to develop Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Once that has been cleared, we will "liberate" the shít out of you. Or try to get the UN to issue a devastating statement of condemnation, which will come into full force once you have died of old age.
|

Mendolorian Girl
Caldari The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.21 16:08:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Serapo Petrotestes At this point, we are trying to determine if FOOM actually own or are trying to develop Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Oh you poor deluded fool.. you still don't get it?
FOOM *IS* the Weapon of Mass Destruction :) |

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
|
Posted - 2008.12.21 23:52:00 -
[22]
It is good to see my Brothers and Sisters of the Caldari are getting their groove on. Took a while, but trust me, it only gets better. Once the massive-fleet mentality fades everything becomes easier and the individual pilots will get a lot more 'field experience' as it were.
Amarr/Minmatar has the benefit of entrenched roleplaying factions, so we have been doing what you describe pretty much from the get go.
Good thing is; both sides have gotten their respective militias hooked on it as well resulting in some epic gang warfare.
I'll drop by the Gallente front at some point to see just what these FOOM blokes are all about and give a more detailed help-guide to hasten their demise.
I am personally enjoying waking up, undocking .. posting first killmail 15 minutes later, close a plex or two .. getting breakfast and going about my day (usually involves more killing, plexing and dying).
|

RIP T'orn
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.22 12:30:00 -
[23]
Edited by: RIP T''orn on 22/12/2008 12:31:31
I know what you're saying. FW is pretty casual. I like being able to log in, hop in a gang or go out solo hunting, and running into some action within the hour.
I like the casual FW play a lot better then blob-based 0.0 It's a lot faster. There's no waiting around for the blob and such.
|

Kuolematon
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United
|
Posted - 2008.12.22 14:21:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Mendolorian Girl FOOM *IS* the Weapon of Mass Destruction :)
Then that makes PERVS a US of A that defuses you and pacifies you 
"The Amarr are the tanking and ganking floating rods of goldcrap"
|

skulkandy
|
Posted - 2008.12.22 19:20:00 -
[25]
Friedrick -
I've heard a lot of bad talk about you. but after reading the OP's post and this reply of yours i'm very impressed. I'm a really new player to eve and the what you're doing here is exactly why i joined this game.
In no other MMO could a group of players have so much influence on the actual game world and it's amazing. I see the hatred you inspire in people and draw them into caring about their battles on a level more than just to get kills or grinding missions for money.
I was wondering if you could point me to any good resources or guides to what i need to join the FW and be at least partially useful as a new character. I know next to nothing about it but the small gang battles and territory control sound like exactly what i want to take place in. I also don't belong to a corporation and i didn't know if that's the best place to start before joining the FW.
keep up the good work man.
|

masternerdguy
|
Posted - 2008.12.22 23:16:00 -
[26]
FOOM IS EVIL! YOU ARE RUNINIG FW!
DIE ****ATOOS!
|

Washinome Igarashi
Caldari Strategic Syndicate White Core
|
Posted - 2008.12.23 00:40:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Cosmic Raider I admit that for a bit I was irritated with the arrival of FOOM into FW because it seemed against the intent of getting carebears to come into the larger Eve fight. After all, I thought, what's the point of a pro corp like FOOM, with their endless resources, experience, and skill shooting a bunch of noobs like me? However, I was wrong - there is a point - FOOM has changed the game. I no longer see FW as a stepping stone to 0.0 play.
This evolution might have taken place without FOOM's return to the scene at some point, but I think they have been the catalyst. All in all, it appears that the fun is just beginning. I think 2009 will be a great year for FW.
Heya Cos! I've always had the highest respect for Fred and the FOOM boys, especially since they're always around to honestly answer questions and give good advice to nuggets on the forums even though they know they might be seeing us on the other side of fleet warfare. It was Fred and FOOM who originally tried to educate me on the superiority of guns in PvP on the forums back when I was just starting out. That, with your re-inforcement, got me started back on the guns track and worked out for me rather well when the QR changes hit.
I do have to commend them for helping everyone by showing us what good tactics and coordination look like in PvP. By stepping up the game, it forces the Caldari side to up their game to compete. It was the insights I gained from FOOM's influence on FW that got me to move up into lowsec and eventually nullsec operations. I might still get popped alot, but at least I usually put up a good fight.
Funny side note is that I think my first PvP death was to Crumplecorn. Caldari Militia was trying to take a plex when FOOM rolled into town. The FC told us to try and lock him down, which I dutifully obeyed. As I rolled into him and engaged I noticed that the FC and the rest of his buddies were busy warping out .
Originally by: masternerdguy FOOM IS EVIL! YOU ARE RUNINIG FW!
DIE ****ATOOS!
I like you MNG, but one thing you constantly epic fail at is PsyOps.
Originally by: skulkandy Friedrick -
I've heard a lot of bad talk about you. but after reading the OP's post and this reply of yours i'm very impressed. I'm a really new player to eve and the what you're doing here is exactly why i joined this game.
keep up the good work man.
Fred's a mensch, honestly. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
Just don't ask him about Bruce. /ducks
|

Funkcikle
Gallente MicroFunks
|
Posted - 2008.12.25 04:57:00 -
[28]
Fried can u imagine, back in the old aeschee day having Foom described as a Pro vet corp dude ? Awesome, you've come a long way and done a lot.
Youve Done it all wrong mind you, now what u should have done is .... :P
seriously though, look at all this Foomulation :)
|

Toshiro GreyHawk
|
Posted - 2008.12.25 09:55:00 -
[29]
Edited by: Toshiro GreyHawk on 25/12/2008 10:00:57
Originally by: Cosmic Raider Edited by: Cosmic Raider on 19/12/2008 20:24:34 Edited by: Cosmic Raider on 19/12/2008 20:20:45
Originally by: Friedrick Psitalon Oh, to be as omnipotent as you. 
Moving on.... Cosmic, I'm curious - if you feel comfortable revealing this much - are there actual real, concrete plans to thwart what we're doing, or just Gate-Control-esque fist-shaking? It's not going to change what we're doing, I'm just wondering if things have progressed beyond the talk stage to something we can look forward to fighting. :)
One of the challenges facing a loosely tied milita of mostly noobs against the 1337 well coordinated and sophisticated FOOM juggernaut is planning and execution. However, we do whisper to each other and dream of a day...
"When I say a day will come, I am emphatically not speaking of something which in the minds of some people "is possibly coming", something illusory, unattainable and devoid of significance for action. The day that will come is like a ship far out at sea whose mast-head can already be seen from the shore; it is like the morning sun in the east whose shimmering rays are visible from a high mountain-top; it is like a child about to be born moving restlessly in its mother's womb." - Mao Tse-tung, "A Single Spark Can Start a Prairie Fire", January 3, 1930
I can see the point of the quote and it's purpose in the thread.
Interesting that you are familiar with it.
Just one thing about anything Mao had to say ...
If he's talking about Guerilla warfare he knows his stuff. Just about anything else ... your time is better spend reading ... anything else.
Still - nice piece of hyperbole. Mao's good for that too.
Faction Schools Orbiting vs. Kiting |

Hurtado Soneka
Caldari State Protectorate
|
Posted - 2008.12.25 10:35:00 -
[30]
There is no talk or even interest of FOOM in the Caldari camp... 
|

Xol'tan
Wrath of Fenris
|
Posted - 2008.12.25 16:53:00 -
[31]
Eh? whats all this about
|

Seideberg
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.26 03:25:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Funkcikle Fried can u imagine, back in the old aeschee day having Foom described as a Pro vet corp dude ? Awesome, you've come a long way and done a lot.
Youve Done it all wrong mind you, now what u should have done is .... :P
"But it was so artfully done."
Name that quote.
|

Sillas Cov
22nd Black Rise Defensive Unit
|
Posted - 2008.12.26 19:28:00 -
[33]
Black Rise as a new region of Eve, is quickly evolving into a mature region of the Eve universe, with all the attendant, diverse populations, trade, warfare and drama that make Eve such a rich and compelling Virtual world. I am personally enthralled with the compelling dynamic of this game as I am drawn in to Black Rise and what is currently happening there.
Foom is now a significant player in the community that is Black Rise!!
I have been a inhabitant if the Rise since it was opened up as a frontier a few months ago, and consider it my home in Eve. (It was exciting placing the 1st orders up on the market in Black rise and seeing no other orders up for similar things within the whole region!) As such we have a need to protect my interests there and have been taken in by the 22nd, and quickly have been forced to face the reality of Foom operating out of NWest Black Rise.
As Pvp Nub, my brutal experience in Fighting Foom has pulled out my competitive nature and really drawn me into committing to learn pvp, which I'll admit is an extreme challenge most of the time. But I would admit now the quality of my gameplay in Eve is enhanced a thousand fold with such a lethal local adversary, due to the fact that it is so very easy for me to naturally roleplay the under dog in a harsh desperate campaign.
I have named Foom Base of operations the hornets nest and for good reason, due to the fact that if you are not organized and lead by an Fc understanding of what is required to operate within that set of stars, you will be molested, and the running will for your life will ensue as I have experienced more than once.... LOL
My hope in fact is that Foom will stay the course long enough for the Cal militia based in Norv and area will understand the serioulsy cool pvp opportunities in Black Rise and either base operations out of HiSec Black Rise, and or fly the required jumps into Nennimalia and Kinakka to initiate operations against Foom as these will fast become border systems in this emerging war.
I have flown with Raider, BuzzKill, Draco, Capt Thryss and many other very skilled and dedicated Cal militia pilots and am having the time of my life with the small gang ops that we are called to initiate!!
Foom I will work to thwart you and yours, and look forward to honing my Skills against you in the endless dark that is deep space!!
Onward
Sillas
|

Bablu Hassan
Minmatar Steel Soldier's NEXUS ALLIANCE
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 02:42:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Bablu Hassan on 27/12/2008 02:45:27 Well if you wanna stir up the "hornets nest" a little bit come blow this up:
FOOM Alt corp mining/refining/whatever POS
Its only a couple jumps into 0.0! Go drake em to death YARRRRR! |

Zarek Shad
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 03:34:00 -
[35]
With FOOM now using their cap fleet in FW, could we see capital ship battles becoming an important part of future engagements? IMO this developement would certainly be bad for noobs looking to get into pvp via FW.
|

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 03:58:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Friedrick Psitalon on 27/12/2008 03:58:48 1. We are by no means the first to use caps, or hotdrop with them. I believe Outbreak holds that honor. 2. Noobs should learn not to fear caps; blackbird+celestis per carrier = ruined carrier. Noobs can fly those just fine. The sooner they learn that, the better they'll be. Blackbird+Celestis is a highly effective noob combo in general, actually, to shut down the scariest ships in an enemy fleet. Why not take advantage of it? 3. The Caldari militia collectively has more caps than we do (we keep track of their names) - they just don't have the collective will to use them.
RE: the post before that; uh... that's not our POS, man. You go right ahead and provoke that owner. 
|

Dex Nederland
Caldari Lai Dai Infinity Systems
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 04:17:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Friedrick Psitalon 2. Noobs should learn not to fear caps; blackbird+celestis per carrier = ruined carrier. Noobs can fly those just fine. The sooner they learn that, the better they'll be. Blackbird+Celestis is a highly effective noob combo in general, actually, to shut down the scariest ships in an enemy fleet. Why not take advantage of it?
Another option is the Kitsune & Keres combo here; effective against any big target (or two!) that has long lock times on smaller ships... nothing like having 2 jam cycles to get one before the battleship can get a lock :)
In-Game Browser : http://ldis.caldari-made.net |

Friedrick Psitalon
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 04:27:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Dex Nederland
Originally by: Friedrick Psitalon 2. Noobs should learn not to fear caps; blackbird+celestis per carrier = ruined carrier. Noobs can fly those just fine. The sooner they learn that, the better they'll be. Blackbird+Celestis is a highly effective noob combo in general, actually, to shut down the scariest ships in an enemy fleet. Why not take advantage of it?
Another option is the Kitsune & Keres combo here; effective against any big target (or two!) that has long lock times on smaller ships... nothing like having 2 jam cycles to get one before the battleship can get a lock :)
Oh definitely; I was aiming for a lower-cost and lower-SP suggestion, though.
|

Dex Nederland
Caldari Lai Dai Infinity Systems
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 04:39:00 -
[39]
EAFs are still relatively low skill requirements. I haven't done the math, but I suspect a 2 week old character could pilot one. But yes they are a bit more expensive.
I also am not manufacturing and selling fitted Kitsune yet, but Blackbirds should be a week or two away...
In-Game Browser : http://ldis.caldari-made.net |

Sillas Cov
22nd Black Rise Defensive Unit
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 17:36:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Sillas Cov on 27/12/2008 17:39:18 From my direct experience the most effective tactic in fac war to slow and stop systems flipping is the Persistent use of organized small fleet operations.
There are so many benefits I can see that reward this type of response to Foom, that I get nervous when our Cal Milita fleets climb over 10 pilots on a weekend mission run.
Forward basing a ship supply to deal with the situation at hand is critical and as I have seen Foom has been busy in Innia doing just that!
From Innia Foom is now able to plex with ease 5 key systems in western Black Rise, with small gang tactics, which could be fully countered with solid 6 pilot fleets!!
Cap ship use is over kill untill you need to take a system!! Hell even Battle Cruisers seem over kill at times when running a plexing operation as I have found T1 cruzers and E war ships to be solid placeholders in a fleet.
Mind you getting a BBird into an optimal around a plex entry gate is very tricky as the 100 km Safety net is a sweet spot that takes time to set up!! And one that an Inty can compromise so very quickly!! LOL
I would argue the most effective ships types in Fac war is the one you fly!! Given that the run and gun tactics in and out of plex entry points is so very fluid and tactical in its execution!
I would like to extend a solid compliment to Foom as I see they are running more smaller T1 ships in thier gangs. I have commented in local that this was generally a good tactic as I feel gamesmanship in this war would improve with less T2 ship gankage!
I was in 3 fights in plexs against Rip Torn and Foom and other Gal militia pilots who all flew smaller ships and I must say it was fully exciting due to the matched fleets strengths and pilot skills involved!
It was extremely rewarding to tangle with these quality pilots whom choose skill over gank!!
Im actually going to hone my T1 ship skills and see how far I can push this level of ship within this war as I really am not into Hac pimping at this point, even tho I have the budget for it.
Cap Fleets in Black Rise?? Well yes, but I would call for persistent small gang patrols in western B Rise to counter the slow on slot of Foom operations.
Onward!!
Sillas
|

RIP T'orn
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.12.27 18:12:00 -
[41]
Sillas man. You're a worthy opponent for sure. You always bring the fight, and that's very respectable. You're persistent buddy, and it's paying off. I see you getting better and better at PvP. I look forward to fighting you more in the future man, but if you ever see the light, and decide to join the winning side, hit me up and I'll fleet with you any day.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |