| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 18:59:00 -
[31]
"It's actually just waiting for the configurable option to set the warning limit (X% above).
Minimum should be double price."
Sounds good to me... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 18:59:00 -
[32]
"It's actually just waiting for the configurable option to set the warning limit (X% above).
Minimum should be double price."
Sounds good to me... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Shadowsword
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 19:27:00 -
[33]
I agree completely with Bhaal, the warning is a good thing. That won't prevent anyone from buying above the average price if they so choose, and it can serve as reference price for things whose value change a lot (like Zyd recently). Besides, without that warning, you'd see malicious ppl putting scandalous buy orders (0.1 isk/trit anyone?)in noobs systems and succeed. We were all noobs before, and hte warning helped us a lot. Let's not forget those who begin now because we can do without warning ourselves.
|

Shadowsword
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 19:27:00 -
[34]
I agree completely with Bhaal, the warning is a good thing. That won't prevent anyone from buying above the average price if they so choose, and it can serve as reference price for things whose value change a lot (like Zyd recently). Besides, without that warning, you'd see malicious ppl putting scandalous buy orders (0.1 isk/trit anyone?)in noobs systems and succeed. We were all noobs before, and hte warning helped us a lot. Let's not forget those who begin now because we can do without warning ourselves.
|

svetlana
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:10:00 -
[35]
i didn't realise this warning was covering ALL regions. i don't like this feature as a seller since it will help remove most %profit u can make since casual players just dump items on the market at below mineral cost. with a universe wide price-warning, it makes no sense to have regional seperation for sellers now- just make one big crashed market for all of eve, and let folks judge what they want to buy by price/distance alone.
if the idea of regional markets is to work, the warning should not take into account other regions, it should only work inside one region just like the rest of the market operates.
if this warning is to help reduce accidental scam-purchases -a better way would be to implement a seperate wallet for characterss so they don't fly around with all their life savings in the same wallet. and in any case if a player is too negligent to stop himself from pressing the 'accept' button 10mil for a shuttle- he's still gonna get used to skipping through the warning- we will get used to it popping up every time we want to buy something- and he buys the 10mil shuttle anyway. i think the warning hurts more than helps in the long run- but it certainly DOES provide a method for players to buy things and avoid giving profit to producer- players.
which is not helpful to a thriving market period.
|

svetlana
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:10:00 -
[36]
i didn't realise this warning was covering ALL regions. i don't like this feature as a seller since it will help remove most %profit u can make since casual players just dump items on the market at below mineral cost. with a universe wide price-warning, it makes no sense to have regional seperation for sellers now- just make one big crashed market for all of eve, and let folks judge what they want to buy by price/distance alone.
if the idea of regional markets is to work, the warning should not take into account other regions, it should only work inside one region just like the rest of the market operates.
if this warning is to help reduce accidental scam-purchases -a better way would be to implement a seperate wallet for characterss so they don't fly around with all their life savings in the same wallet. and in any case if a player is too negligent to stop himself from pressing the 'accept' button 10mil for a shuttle- he's still gonna get used to skipping through the warning- we will get used to it popping up every time we want to buy something- and he buys the 10mil shuttle anyway. i think the warning hurts more than helps in the long run- but it certainly DOES provide a method for players to buy things and avoid giving profit to producer- players.
which is not helpful to a thriving market period.
|

F'nog
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:17:00 -
[37]
In theory it's a good feature, but they made it waaaaay too touchy. If I'm buying something for 5 ISK above average I don't the damn warning.
It should only be there when something's an order of magnitude or more above the average price, like paying 10mil for a shuttle. Otherwise, it ruins competition. The outer reaches should be more expensive than the core of Empire, but this ruins that feature. If it were region-wide, like the buying option, it wouldn't be as bad, but taking into account the whole universe, when you can't even shop in that wide of a selection, is stupid and useless.
|

F'nog
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:17:00 -
[38]
In theory it's a good feature, but they made it waaaaay too touchy. If I'm buying something for 5 ISK above average I don't the damn warning.
It should only be there when something's an order of magnitude or more above the average price, like paying 10mil for a shuttle. Otherwise, it ruins competition. The outer reaches should be more expensive than the core of Empire, but this ruins that feature. If it were region-wide, like the buying option, it wouldn't be as bad, but taking into account the whole universe, when you can't even shop in that wide of a selection, is stupid and useless.
|

Zarquon Beeblebrox
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:24:00 -
[39]
I sugest everyone agains this thing put a couple of all kinds of mods out on the market for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 ... isk and we soon have fixed this carebeare thing from the market.
-- Lady Beeblebrox
Teddybears movies
|

Zarquon Beeblebrox
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:24:00 -
[40]
I sugest everyone agains this thing put a couple of all kinds of mods out on the market for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 ... isk and we soon have fixed this carebeare thing from the market.
-- Lady Beeblebrox
Teddybears movies
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:44:00 -
[41]
"I sugest everyone agains this thing put a couple of all kinds of mods out on the market for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 ... isk and we soon have fixed this carebeare thing from the market. -- Lady Beeblebrox"
I suggest you stop whining about it, it's not going away...
However, I do agree that it should be a regional warning only, and not encompass all the regions in the EVE universe... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:44:00 -
[42]
"I sugest everyone agains this thing put a couple of all kinds of mods out on the market for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 ... isk and we soon have fixed this carebeare thing from the market. -- Lady Beeblebrox"
I suggest you stop whining about it, it's not going away...
However, I do agree that it should be a regional warning only, and not encompass all the regions in the EVE universe... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Shadowsword
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:48:00 -
[43]
Sabotaging something you don't like to try to force developpers to suppress it is NOT the way to go !  It is morally wrong, and it will probably **** off a lot of ppl, Devs included.
|

Shadowsword
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:48:00 -
[44]
Sabotaging something you don't like to try to force developpers to suppress it is NOT the way to go !  It is morally wrong, and it will probably **** off a lot of ppl, Devs included.
|

Omega Man
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:54:00 -
[45]
I suggest this latest market move is because of the scammers tearing the backside out of the market with the 10mill isk shuttles.
as ever, it is the few messing the game up for the many.
|

Omega Man
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:54:00 -
[46]
I suggest this latest market move is because of the scammers tearing the backside out of the market with the 10mill isk shuttles.
as ever, it is the few messing the game up for the many.
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:55:00 -
[47]
It's much like that meddling friend trying to stop you from doing that questionable piece of ass. How messed up wouldn't the genepool be without these drunken experiments?
Let people make their mistakes and learn from them, no more training wheels, I'm not a child, I have a credit card!
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:55:00 -
[48]
It's much like that meddling friend trying to stop you from doing that questionable piece of ass. How messed up wouldn't the genepool be without these drunken experiments?
Let people make their mistakes and learn from them, no more training wheels, I'm not a child, I have a credit card!
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:58:00 -
[49]
"Let people make their mistakes and learn from them, no more training wheels, I'm not a child, I have a credit card!"
I like it cause it hits the scammers where it counts...
Props to CCP on this one :)
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 20:58:00 -
[50]
"Let people make their mistakes and learn from them, no more training wheels, I'm not a child, I have a credit card!"
I like it cause it hits the scammers where it counts...
Props to CCP on this one :)
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:00:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Redan Chulipa on 19/07/2004 21:01:43 Yes punish the whole for the actions of a few, that will get you real good results, that's dumbass army talk.
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:00:00 -
[52]
Edited by: Redan Chulipa on 19/07/2004 21:01:43 Yes punish the whole for the actions of a few, that will get you real good results, that's dumbass army talk.
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:06:00 -
[53]
Edited by: Bhaal on 19/07/2004 21:15:18 "Yes punish the whole for the actions of a few, that will get you real good results, that's dumbass army talk"
Actually, this feature seems to punish the scammers, I don't see where it hurts anyone else...
If you want to price gouge, go right ahead, you may not sell your items...
I mean if the minimum allowable is 100% when the feature is "setable" by each player, that's a pretty damn good markup there already...
Getting 2x times the ave price should not be something to cry about... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:06:00 -
[54]
Edited by: Bhaal on 19/07/2004 21:15:18 "Yes punish the whole for the actions of a few, that will get you real good results, that's dumbass army talk"
Actually, this feature seems to punish the scammers, I don't see where it hurts anyone else...
If you want to price gouge, go right ahead, you may not sell your items...
I mean if the minimum allowable is 100% when the feature is "setable" by each player, that's a pretty damn good markup there already...
Getting 2x times the ave price should not be something to cry about... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:16:00 -
[55]
It's a socialist notion and has no place in a free market, there shouldn't be any consumer group out there pressing pamplets in my face about what is a fair price. What's next, free implants for people killed in fights they did not initiate?
Of course a good businessman will try to find the right balance between making a good profit and actually moving modules.
Why not add another pop-up saying 'Are you sure you want to undock? Space is a dangerous place!' Yes that will further the game equally.
I will put modules up for max price just to fubar this, it's no exploit, I have a right to price my modules what I want and no average peon trader will make me dump my prices.
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:16:00 -
[56]
It's a socialist notion and has no place in a free market, there shouldn't be any consumer group out there pressing pamplets in my face about what is a fair price. What's next, free implants for people killed in fights they did not initiate?
Of course a good businessman will try to find the right balance between making a good profit and actually moving modules.
Why not add another pop-up saying 'Are you sure you want to undock? Space is a dangerous place!' Yes that will further the game equally.
I will put modules up for max price just to fubar this, it's no exploit, I have a right to price my modules what I want and no average peon trader will make me dump my prices.
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:18:00 -
[57]
Anyone besides me notice that market price updating doesn't always happen, and the market doesn't work correctly %100 of the time. Thats why the warning went into place.
Bogus sell/buy orders made this happen. Its not a scam to sell 1 shuttle for 10bil isk. Its all about supply and demand, if that station doesn't produce shuttles, then too damn bad. go somewhere else and buy one for cheaper.
Who cares if there is a warning. If you actually buy stuff off the market, and don't use the advanced market to see where you can buy the same item elsewhere for what prices, then thats too bad.
I bought a skill in Yulai for %300 more than it was worht simply becuase I didn't feel like jumping 3 jumps to buy it elswhere. Did I check out the regional pricing? You betcha.
So anyway, it don't matter whether the warning is there or not. Only ppl ****ed about this are scammers, get over it.
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:18:00 -
[58]
Anyone besides me notice that market price updating doesn't always happen, and the market doesn't work correctly %100 of the time. Thats why the warning went into place.
Bogus sell/buy orders made this happen. Its not a scam to sell 1 shuttle for 10bil isk. Its all about supply and demand, if that station doesn't produce shuttles, then too damn bad. go somewhere else and buy one for cheaper.
Who cares if there is a warning. If you actually buy stuff off the market, and don't use the advanced market to see where you can buy the same item elsewhere for what prices, then thats too bad.
I bought a skill in Yulai for %300 more than it was worht simply becuase I didn't feel like jumping 3 jumps to buy it elswhere. Did I check out the regional pricing? You betcha.
So anyway, it don't matter whether the warning is there or not. Only ppl ****ed about this are scammers, get over it.
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:20:00 -
[59]
"I will put modules up for max price just to fubar this, it's no exploit, I have a right to price my modules what I want and no average peon trader will make me dump my prices."
Good for you, if people want to pay a gouger, they can go right ahead...
It's just information, just a warning... It's not stopping you from doing anything, except scamming someone...
We have plenty of things in RL which help us determine if we are getting boned or not, I see this as the same thing...
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:20:00 -
[60]
"I will put modules up for max price just to fubar this, it's no exploit, I have a right to price my modules what I want and no average peon trader will make me dump my prices."
Good for you, if people want to pay a gouger, they can go right ahead...
It's just information, just a warning... It's not stopping you from doing anything, except scamming someone...
We have plenty of things in RL which help us determine if we are getting boned or not, I see this as the same thing...
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |