| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:21:00 -
[61]
I don't consider myself a scammer so back the hell out of my kitchen, what I don't want is letters from angry customers about my modules being priced above average. I can't handle idiocy...
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:21:00 -
[62]
I don't consider myself a scammer so back the hell out of my kitchen, what I don't want is letters from angry customers about my modules being priced above average. I can't handle idiocy...
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:23:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Redan Chulipa It's a socialist notion and has no place in a free market, there shouldn't be any consumer group out there pressing pamplets in my face about what is a fair price. What's next, free implants for people killed in fights they did not initiate?
Of course a good businessman will try to find the right balance between making a good profit and actually moving modules.
Why not add another pop-up saying 'Are you sure you want to undock? Space is a dangerous place!' Yes that will further the game equally.
I will put modules up for max price just to fubar this, it's no exploit, I have a right to price my modules what I want and no average peon trader will make me dump my prices.
Lol dude. You can place anything on the market for as much as you like. In every free market, there are ppl who check on price equality. Its called consumer guides. Doesn't mean you can't sell 1000000000bil shuttle. Just cause it gives you a little pop up saying your price is higher don't mean nothing. Oh and yes in 0.4 and below, if you haven't turned off the warning option you can still get a little popup saying the space is dangerous. lmao.
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:23:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Redan Chulipa It's a socialist notion and has no place in a free market, there shouldn't be any consumer group out there pressing pamplets in my face about what is a fair price. What's next, free implants for people killed in fights they did not initiate?
Of course a good businessman will try to find the right balance between making a good profit and actually moving modules.
Why not add another pop-up saying 'Are you sure you want to undock? Space is a dangerous place!' Yes that will further the game equally.
I will put modules up for max price just to fubar this, it's no exploit, I have a right to price my modules what I want and no average peon trader will make me dump my prices.
Lol dude. You can place anything on the market for as much as you like. In every free market, there are ppl who check on price equality. Its called consumer guides. Doesn't mean you can't sell 1000000000bil shuttle. Just cause it gives you a little pop up saying your price is higher don't mean nothing. Oh and yes in 0.4 and below, if you haven't turned off the warning option you can still get a little popup saying the space is dangerous. lmao.
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:25:00 -
[65]
"I don't consider myself a scammer so back the hell out of my kitchen, what I don't want is letters from angry customers about my modules being priced above average. I can't handle idiocy..."
Well, if you're selling your modules in a location where it makes sense to pay above average prices, your customers have no beef if they really want it.
If you're trying to sell something in Yulai for 5x the price of what is selling in another station in that system for the ave cost of that module, why should they pay you more???
I honestly don't see the problem, it seems fair to me... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:25:00 -
[66]
"I don't consider myself a scammer so back the hell out of my kitchen, what I don't want is letters from angry customers about my modules being priced above average. I can't handle idiocy..."
Well, if you're selling your modules in a location where it makes sense to pay above average prices, your customers have no beef if they really want it.
If you're trying to sell something in Yulai for 5x the price of what is selling in another station in that system for the ave cost of that module, why should they pay you more???
I honestly don't see the problem, it seems fair to me... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:25:00 -
[67]
And if you don't like hate mail, Block that character.
In a free market once again, ppl have the right to picket and complain. I'm thinking I'm debating a economics issue with a 10 year old.
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:25:00 -
[68]
And if you don't like hate mail, Block that character.
In a free market once again, ppl have the right to picket and complain. I'm thinking I'm debating a economics issue with a 10 year old.
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:28:00 -
[69]
Oh and I dont' think the popup says your price isn't FAIR.
It just states the average price of that item.
|

Shaelin Corpius
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 21:28:00 -
[70]
Oh and I dont' think the popup says your price isn't FAIR.
It just states the average price of that item.
|

Neurotic Cat
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 22:13:00 -
[71]
Two things to fix this:
1. The market should display the name of the person selling the item. (this would allow you to set standings agains asshat scammers)
2. You should be able to set the market to only display items for sale from people above certain standing.
This would prevent you from buying goods from folks you are at war with. And help you identify scammers. And if you happen to run into scammers in low sec space you could then Kill them for their efforts. Everyone Wins! How cool is that?
|

Neurotic Cat
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 22:13:00 -
[72]
Two things to fix this:
1. The market should display the name of the person selling the item. (this would allow you to set standings agains asshat scammers)
2. You should be able to set the market to only display items for sale from people above certain standing.
This would prevent you from buying goods from folks you are at war with. And help you identify scammers. And if you happen to run into scammers in low sec space you could then Kill them for their efforts. Everyone Wins! How cool is that?
|

Ooke
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 22:48:00 -
[73]
There is so much price fixing on the market it's been created for a reason.
but whatever, bottom feeders will be bottom feeders...
Ooke: May Contain Nuts |

Ooke
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 22:48:00 -
[74]
There is so much price fixing on the market it's been created for a reason.
but whatever, bottom feeders will be bottom feeders...
Ooke: May Contain Nuts |

Zandahr
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 23:39:00 -
[75]
Excellent job, CCP!! Bravo!!!
Any tool to combat gougers is very welcome.
As a couple of other's have mentioned, I think the range is set a bit low. Oveur mentioned double is what it will be....that's a very fair cut-off point. Since nothing prevents you from buying at any ridiculous price you care to, it isn't affecting anyone's freedom of choice.
The one thing I most want to see on market is the name of the seller BEFORE I buy. Be easier to spread the names of gougers around.
As a builder, I'm very happy to sell at reasonable profit, rather than trying to get every last ISK I can sweat out of someone on every sale. Would rather have the repeat sales and more frequent sales.
And is it any surprise that the only people seeing this as a problem are the gouger's?
*** Zandahr's House of Destruction Construction *** *** Building for your killing pleasure *** |

Zandahr
|
Posted - 2004.07.19 23:39:00 -
[76]
Excellent job, CCP!! Bravo!!!
Any tool to combat gougers is very welcome.
As a couple of other's have mentioned, I think the range is set a bit low. Oveur mentioned double is what it will be....that's a very fair cut-off point. Since nothing prevents you from buying at any ridiculous price you care to, it isn't affecting anyone's freedom of choice.
The one thing I most want to see on market is the name of the seller BEFORE I buy. Be easier to spread the names of gougers around.
As a builder, I'm very happy to sell at reasonable profit, rather than trying to get every last ISK I can sweat out of someone on every sale. Would rather have the repeat sales and more frequent sales.
And is it any surprise that the only people seeing this as a problem are the gouger's?
*** Zandahr's House of Destruction Construction *** *** Building for your killing pleasure *** |

Del Narveux
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 00:28:00 -
[77]
I tend to agree that a warning for everything gets old, even when its not affecting my market-weasel tendencies (I like to price-up stuff from other regions) it gets annoying as hell when I get one on every purchase. ("Yes, I *KNOW* Im paying 0.01ISK more than the average price you stupid !#%%%^^ market machine!") _________________ [SAK] And Proud Of It! aka Cpt Bogus Is that my torped sig cloaking your base? |

Del Narveux
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 00:28:00 -
[78]
I tend to agree that a warning for everything gets old, even when its not affecting my market-weasel tendencies (I like to price-up stuff from other regions) it gets annoying as hell when I get one on every purchase. ("Yes, I *KNOW* Im paying 0.01ISK more than the average price you stupid !#%%%^^ market machine!") _________________ [SAK] And Proud Of It! aka Cpt Bogus Is that my torped sig cloaking your base? |

Zandra Sunhillow
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 00:29:00 -
[79]
Originally by: Zandahr And is it any surprise that the only people seeing this as a problem are the gouger's?
Not really. How many pirates isn't whining on these boards because it's too difficult to grief people. They engage in morally questionable acts and then they want a cookie for it. Pff...
----------------------------
|

Zandra Sunhillow
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 00:29:00 -
[80]
Originally by: Zandahr And is it any surprise that the only people seeing this as a problem are the gouger's?
Not really. How many pirates isn't whining on these boards because it's too difficult to grief people. They engage in morally questionable acts and then they want a cookie for it. Pff...
----------------------------
|

Callia
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 09:46:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Neurotic Cat Two things to fix this:
1. The market should display the name of the person selling the item. (this would allow you to set standings agains asshat scammers)
2. You should be able to set the market to only display items for sale from people above certain standing.
This would prevent you from buying goods from folks you are at war with. And help you identify scammers. And if you happen to run into scammers in low sec space you could then Kill them for their efforts. Everyone Wins! How cool is that?
I have thought this for a long time. If introduced alongside the capability for corporations to put things on the market it would introduce interesting possibilities to extend the terms of eve wars into the economic sphere by allowing embargos to be enacted.
However I was dissapointed to read in a CSM some time ago that it was not going to happen. The dev seemed quite adamant about it but did not provide an explanation as to why. Perhaps there is exploit pottential I cannot think of. Who are you to tell me to question authority? |

Callia
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 09:46:00 -
[82]
Originally by: Neurotic Cat Two things to fix this:
1. The market should display the name of the person selling the item. (this would allow you to set standings agains asshat scammers)
2. You should be able to set the market to only display items for sale from people above certain standing.
This would prevent you from buying goods from folks you are at war with. And help you identify scammers. And if you happen to run into scammers in low sec space you could then Kill them for their efforts. Everyone Wins! How cool is that?
I have thought this for a long time. If introduced alongside the capability for corporations to put things on the market it would introduce interesting possibilities to extend the terms of eve wars into the economic sphere by allowing embargos to be enacted.
However I was dissapointed to read in a CSM some time ago that it was not going to happen. The dev seemed quite adamant about it but did not provide an explanation as to why. Perhaps there is exploit pottential I cannot think of. Who are you to tell me to question authority? |

hatchette
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 10:55:00 -
[83]
I totally agree with zarquon. However i have better solution which will help traders sell their stuff at higher prices (because they have put an effort in that) and prevent scamming.
Average prices should be region-wide only! So if that Vigil BPO is 5mil in nonni and is the only one.. average price is 5mil and you won't get the warning. But if you buy it in pator for 5mil, you will get a warning, because average price in that region is 2mil.
That will encourage more regional markets (less globalisation) and trade-runs (which are atm very much useless). And will only take money from lazy people who don't research the market before they buy an item.
|

hatchette
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 10:55:00 -
[84]
I totally agree with zarquon. However i have better solution which will help traders sell their stuff at higher prices (because they have put an effort in that) and prevent scamming.
Average prices should be region-wide only! So if that Vigil BPO is 5mil in nonni and is the only one.. average price is 5mil and you won't get the warning. But if you buy it in pator for 5mil, you will get a warning, because average price in that region is 2mil.
That will encourage more regional markets (less globalisation) and trade-runs (which are atm very much useless). And will only take money from lazy people who don't research the market before they buy an item.
|

C0yote
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 11:45:00 -
[85]
Must admit I liek this feature and I quiet often buy at over the odds as I am more woried about getting something quick e.g same station that flying all over the place to get it.
And playing in a high res it is often difficult to make out exactly what the cost is especially with the rather daft way the market postions prices.
If the market screen was redesigned slightly CCP could do away with the warnign screen but then again scamming would be almost impossible so the complaining would be just as loud.
Now they just need to remove all the flipping scams on escrow so you can actually use it to find the usefull things to buy rather than all the junk on there.
|

C0yote
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 11:45:00 -
[86]
Must admit I liek this feature and I quiet often buy at over the odds as I am more woried about getting something quick e.g same station that flying all over the place to get it.
And playing in a high res it is often difficult to make out exactly what the cost is especially with the rather daft way the market postions prices.
If the market screen was redesigned slightly CCP could do away with the warnign screen but then again scamming would be almost impossible so the complaining would be just as loud.
Now they just need to remove all the flipping scams on escrow so you can actually use it to find the usefull things to buy rather than all the junk on there.
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 12:56:00 -
[87]
Your reasonable profit is just you not valuing your time and that's just you, perhaps selling in a select few systems.
I for one would like for this to be exactly like the .4 system warning, if I know I can walk on my own to legs I have the ability to turn it off, it ****es me off to get pop-up windows, especially in a game I pay for.
|

Redan Chulipa
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 12:56:00 -
[88]
Your reasonable profit is just you not valuing your time and that's just you, perhaps selling in a select few systems.
I for one would like for this to be exactly like the .4 system warning, if I know I can walk on my own to legs I have the ability to turn it off, it ****es me off to get pop-up windows, especially in a game I pay for.
|

Hanns
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 13:04:00 -
[89]
You know what is REALLY annoying, stupid mofos putting buy orders up for 0.01 isk on stuff like seige launchers :/
|

Hanns
|
Posted - 2004.07.20 13:04:00 -
[90]
You know what is REALLY annoying, stupid mofos putting buy orders up for 0.01 isk on stuff like seige launchers :/
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |