| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Malcolm Shinhwa
Bad Touches
130
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 17:42:00 -
[61] - Quote
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:dexington wrote:Jonah Gravenstein wrote:I have a simpler solution, fit a damn tank... When dealing with miners using logic is a waste of time, you are dealing with people who think losing 200M in ships to make 50M is good idea. Unless you come up with some crackpot theory where they can mine in a paper hulk they will not listen, and when it fail miserably they run to the forums *****, whine and scream for everything to get nerfed. The miner rehabilitation program has a 99% failure rate, the people that pass actually fit a tank, and mine at the keyboard.
Or some rehabilitated miners join the other team. I know the New Order is always looking for talented bumpers, gankers, scouts, and industry types. A pilot with a freighter and a willingness to put catalysts on contract is a true hero of hisec! I have 5 different chars that I play. This may be my main, or maybe not. I have no idea. |

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
221
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 17:46:00 -
[62] - Quote
Frostys Virpio wrote:Riot Girl wrote:It's kind of weird that suicide gankers get punished for avoiding the consequences of a gank, while miners are allowed to exploit game mechanics to protect themselves from the same consequences. How do you get punished for pulling concord away using the exact same tactic? You can even use it with the same account insetad of having to log-in a second account. Yup.  |

Frostys Virpio
Lame Corp Name
591
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 17:50:00 -
[63] - Quote
Riot Girl wrote:Frostys Virpio wrote:Make concord POD people under -5. All the ganker will be happy miners can't use the gaping hole right? It's an unsatisfactory solution. For that to work, gankers would have to be given a sec reward for podding miners in high sec.
Why would they? They are performing an illegal action as per the rules of CONCORD who happen to be the entity handling security status. The reason why it is unsatisfactory is not because it would be broken but because you do not like the end result of gankers having to farm sec status back if they don't want to be podded every time they undock. It's a valid concern but not for the reason you mention.
I am also not sure if you took that "idea" as serious but I hope not. |

Riot Girl
Krypteia Operations
1442
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 17:55:00 -
[64] - Quote
Frostys Virpio wrote:I am also not sure if you took that "idea" as serious but I hope not. I didn't take it seriously, which is why I didn't give a serious answer. Oh god. |

Anti-social Tendencies
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
60
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 20:47:00 -
[65] - Quote
I see a lot of references to a solo dessy ganking mining barges.
Even a T2 Cat can't solo gank an untanked Ret flown by a skilled pilot in .7 space or above. It takes more than 1.
"Patience: n, a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." - AMBROSE PIERCE |

Lugia3
Pirates Incorporated
502
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 21:47:00 -
[66] - Quote
Non-consensual PvP? Yarr |

Johan Civire
The Lyran Empire
597
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 21:49:00 -
[67] - Quote
destiny2 wrote:So we all know the story of suicide gankers in their little high dps destroyers right? yes of course you do. Yes looseing a 200 mill isk hulk to a 5 mill dessy isnt fun at all.  however their are ways to work around this to make it more painful for suicide gankers. make a alt. with a sub works better to fly to the belt your mining in. in a rookie ship get it to shoot your exhummer. Walla free concord in your belt your mining in. Suicide gankers wont try and gank ya if concord is sitting there watching you mine. Unless they use smartbombs but then again that brings more concord in :). OH well concord decided to leave my belt. oh okay, they left bring said alt in a rookie ship again and do it again so they come back. ending result less people complaining about suicide gankers :).
Thanks works great.  |

Lugia3
Pirates Incorporated
502
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 21:51:00 -
[68] - Quote
Felicity Love wrote:destiny2 wrote: Suicide gankers wont try and gank ya if concord is sitting there watching you mine. Unless they use smartbombs but then again that brings more concord in :).
OH well concord decided to leave my belt. oh okay, they left bring said alt in a rookie ship again and do it again so they come back.
ending result less people complaining about suicide gankers :).
Good job we'll be war-dec'ing you soon then... and "walla"... you won't even need that Alt to conjur up some invisible friends from CONCORD ...
Now he will have to make a thread complaining about wardecs, too.  Yarr |

Spine Ripper
New Order Logistics CODE.
3
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 21:51:00 -
[69] - Quote
Anti-social Tendencies wrote:I see a lot of references to a solo dessy ganking mining barges.
Even a T2 Cat can't solo gank an untanked Ret flown by a skilled pilot in .7 space or above. It takes more than 1.
Not sure how skilled they were but I've solo killed 48 Rets and Covetors in Kino, Kamio and Halaima just in July. Last time I checked, which was yesterday, they are all .7 systems. .7 systems DO make it a bit hard to get the pod too before CONCORD arrives but I'm about 50/50. I fly a T2 Catalyst on every gank although I could squeak a little more dps by going to light neutron IIs instead of my usual light ion IIs.
I think forum rules say I can't post kill mails in threads in GD so I guess you will have to go to Eve Kill and confirm it yourself.
Permit tank is best tank. It is known.
|

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
226
|
Posted - 2013.07.31 21:51:00 -
[70] - Quote
Anti-social Tendencies wrote:I see a lot of references to a solo dessy ganking mining barges.
Even a T2 Cat can't solo gank an untanked Ret flown by a skilled pilot in .7 space or above. It takes more than 1.
You put some caveats in there... Skilled. 0.7 Space.
Let me add a couple more: Alert. At the keyboard.
And lastly: Rare. |

Sol Kal'orr
TLSG Asgard Alliance
27
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 03:02:00 -
[71] - Quote
Tobias Hareka wrote:How to make ganker's job even more annoying? Well...
Put your alt into this:
[Scimitar, healer]
Capacitor Power Relay II Capacitor Power Relay II Capacitor Power Relay II Capacitor Power Relay II
10MN Afterburner II Large Shield Extender II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Medium Ancillary Current Router I Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot II x1 Medium Armor Maintenance Bot II x1 Light Armor Maintenance Bot II x2
And at that point they just kill your Scimitar alt instead.
|

Jonah Gravenstein
Matah Kagmi Designs
11348
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 03:34:00 -
[72] - Quote
Sol Kal'orr wrote:[quote=Tobias Hareka]How to make ganker's job even more annoying? Well...
Put your alt into this:
[Scimitar fit]
And at that point they just kill your Scimitar alt and your barge/exhumer by bringing friends.
FTFY
Bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are ~ Harry G. Frankfurt |

Elliavir
Kid's Logistics Inc Moose Alliance
42
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 04:18:00 -
[73] - Quote
destiny2 wrote:So we all know the story of suicide gankers in their little high dps destroyers right? yes of course you do. Yes looseing a 200 mill isk hulk to a 5 mill dessy isnt fun at all.  however their are ways to work around this to make it more painful for suicide gankers. make a alt. with a sub works better to fly to the belt your mining in. in a rookie ship get it to shoot your exhummer. Walla free concord in your belt your mining in. Suicide gankers wont try and gank ya if concord is sitting there watching you mine. Unless they use smartbombs but then again that brings more concord in :). OH well concord decided to leave my belt. oh okay, they left bring said alt in a rookie ship again and do it again so they come back. ending result less people complaining about suicide gankers :).
That's a lot of effort just to avoid fitting a tank. Yeesh. |

Don Purple
Snuggle Factory
31
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 06:05:00 -
[74] - Quote
I've brought fleets fine and cheap enough to gank with concord on the belt. Mind you we had thought we had pulled concord and my scout goofed. But this does not protect you. You want some serous advice I can tell you how to survive most any ganks for a fee.  |

Laurianne Leone
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 07:29:00 -
[75] - Quote
Sol Kal'orr wrote:Tobias Hareka wrote:How to make ganker's job even more annoying? Well...
Put your alt into this:
[Scimitar, healer]
Capacitor Power Relay II Capacitor Power Relay II Capacitor Power Relay II Capacitor Power Relay II
10MN Afterburner II Large Shield Extender II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Medium Ancillary Current Router I Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot II x1 Medium Armor Maintenance Bot II x1 Light Armor Maintenance Bot II x2 And at that point they just kill your Scimitar alt instead.
That's a bit of 'can't do nothing so why bother trying' type of mentality, and quite the opposite of what the code encourages, I am sure that having combat and logistic alts ready to rock as soon as the cats come in is exactly where James 315 would be wanting to see this go. As that would mean the afkers had engaged with the game, realised they were at risk and taking steps to fight back, instead of bleating for nerfs to ganking, more hp for exhumers or instant destruction of -0.5 pods etc.
Of course if you just set your Scythe, to AB round a roid or ice block and went afk, there'd be a non zero chance it would be given a good bump by a 100mn Stabber until right outside repping range before the cats arrived, but that's emergent gameplay for you, it always finds a way! |

Iraxion Agnon
Immortal Nomads
2
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 07:59:00 -
[76] - Quote
destiny2 wrote:Tubrug1 wrote:Then the ganker can use an alt or even his main to get rid of Concord... Good plan you've got there. really ? lol. hrm. altho concord isnt going to swarm for just 1 ship lol. thats distracting them. theyd send about 2-3 tops unless you really make them mad, then you run away fast
Take a dump on each of the CONCORD ships windscreens? That outta make em fairly mad. |

Mark Androcius
159
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 11:24:00 -
[77] - Quote
destiny2 wrote:So we all know the story of suicide gankers in their little high dps destroyers right? yes of course you do. Yes looseing a 200 mill isk hulk to a 5 mill dessy isnt fun at all.
It is however not unfair though. Few point to be made:
1: The Hulk is made to make isk, by mining lots of ore, it will make its money back in less than a day ( if you know what you're doing ) 2: The Dessy is a ship, made to gank stuff with, it MIGHT make it's money back in a day, but it is not very likely ( you are unable do do stuff for a few minutes and you need to build a new one, after which you can only hope that wreck is still there, for you to make some money on ). If a man speaks his mind in the forest and no woman hears him, is he still wrong? |

Sol Kal'orr
TLSG Asgard Alliance
27
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 11:29:00 -
[78] - Quote
Laurianne Leone wrote:Sol Kal'orr wrote:Tobias Hareka wrote:How to make ganker's job even more annoying? Well...
Put your alt into this:
Silly Scimitar fit And at that point they just kill your Scimitar alt instead. Sensible things
And your point is? Getting miners to engage with the game is James' thing, but using T2 Cruisers to fight gankers is silly.
Griffins or bust. |

Ptraci
3 R Corporation The Irukandji
1371
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 11:35:00 -
[79] - Quote
OP:
And when your alt's sec status is so low he can't undock anymore, what then? Remember that biomassing alts just to get rid of sec status is a no no according to CCP... |

Laurianne Leone
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 12:16:00 -
[80] - Quote
Sol Kal'orr wrote:Laurianne Leone wrote:Sol Kal'orr wrote:Tobias Hareka wrote:How to make ganker's job even more annoying? Well...
Put your alt into this:
Silly Scimitar fit And at that point they just kill your Scimitar alt instead. Sensible things And your point is? Getting miners to engage with the game is James' thing, but using T2 Cruisers to fight gankers is silly. Griffins or bust.
No sillier than using t2ships designed for the depths of null to mine in high sec tbh. However you may have missed the memo, T1 logistics are a thing now, which is why I mentioned Scythe, despite the Scimitar fit.
Also Griffins? I thought it was Merlins, smart bombing Merlins :) |

Laurianne Leone
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 12:17:00 -
[81] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:OP:
And when your alt's sec status is so low he can't undock anymore, what then? Remember that biomassing alts just to get rid of sec status is a no no according to CCP...
It's quite possible to keep doing it as a -10 forever, never needing to recycle anything, just marginally inconvenient. |

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
226
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 14:48:00 -
[82] - Quote
Laurianne Leone wrote:Ptraci wrote:OP:
And when your alt's sec status is so low he can't undock anymore, what then? Remember that biomassing alts just to get rid of sec status is a no no according to CCP... It's quite possible to keep doing it as a -10 forever, never needing to recycle anything, just marginally inconvenient. And if you *really* must, there are those pricy-but-effective clone tags.
Mark Androcius wrote:destiny2 wrote:So we all know the story of suicide gankers in their little high dps destroyers right? yes of course you do. Yes looseing a 200 mill isk hulk to a 5 mill dessy isnt fun at all. It is however not unfair though. Few point to be made: 1: The Hulk is made to make isk, by mining lots of ore, it will make its money back in less than a day ( if you know what you're doing ) 2: The Dessy is a ship, made to gank stuff with, it MIGHT make it's money back in a day, but it is not very likely ( you are unable do do stuff for a few minutes and you need to build a new one, after which you can only hope that wreck is still there, for you to make some money on ). Unless you have an alt.  |

baltec1
Bat Country
7447
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 20:44:00 -
[83] - Quote
Frostys Virpio wrote:
What the difference between a ganker "manipulating" an already spawned concord by moving him out of grid by undocking in his Ibis from to get a better dps uptime on the next target from an alt "manipulating the already spawned condord to move it on grid in the belt?
CCP don't want an invincible fist of god guarding miners making gankin them impossible.
Frostys Virpio wrote: How do you know I am not only an idiot trying to gank a miner in an Ibis?
When you find multiple ibis wrecks next to miners with concord all around them then you know what's going on. CCP can also pull the records and see what's being going on. Its very easy to spot. |

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat Working Stiffs
2030
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 21:59:00 -
[84] - Quote
Steve Ronuken wrote:Is it wrong to want to murder people who say 'walla'? It's voil+á (voila being acceptable, for people who don't use accented characters day in day out)  Just a pet hate. Similar to that for people who could care less. Thanks, I wondered what the heck "walla" was. I've only ever encountered it in the lyric "... ting tang walla walla bing bang." |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
3247
|
Posted - 2013.08.01 23:01:00 -
[85] - Quote
Luci Ambrye wrote:doing the above as stated by the OP does not protect you against been ganked.
I think "preloading" Concord on grid may get you in trouble too.
|

Tesco Ergo Sum
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
14
|
Posted - 2013.08.02 19:14:00 -
[86] - Quote
Steve Ronuken wrote:I like my Skiff, for those odd occasions I hit a grav site.  Not quite fit for max tank, but 70k ehp is enough to discourage most gankers. (nothing can discourage all)
Not messing with you but I get 66K EHP on a Procurer (EFT says 75K but it lies) without all skills at V.
[Procurer, Gankalyst bait] Damage Control II Mining Laser Upgrade II
Survey Scanner II Medium Shield Extender II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Salvage Drone I x1 Warrior II x1 Hornet EC-300 x3
|

Guttripper
State War Academy Caldari State
308
|
Posted - 2013.08.02 19:30:00 -
[87] - Quote
Curious if a "tanky" Procurer in low sec belts would be a deterrent for ganking or does the luxury of low sec allow swarms of people just to get that Procurer? |

Tesco Ergo Sum
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
14
|
Posted - 2013.08.02 19:43:00 -
[88] - Quote
Guttripper wrote:Curious if a "tanky" Procurer in low sec belts would be a deterrent for ganking or does the luxury of low sec allow swarms of people just to get that Procurer?
I only use Ventures in LowSec because you need the +2 Warp Core strength in the hull and constant refresh of dscan:
[Venture, Mining] Mining Laser Upgrade II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Medium Shield Extender II Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Modulated Deep Core Miner II, Crokite Mining Crystal II Modulated Deep Core Miner II, Crokite Mining Crystal II Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I Small Core Defense Field Extender I Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Mining Drone I x2
With nods to Ripard Teg:
http://jestertrek.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/fit-of-week-ad-venture-ous.html |

RubyPorto
SniggWaffe YOUR VOTES DON'T COUNT
3792
|
Posted - 2013.08.02 19:47:00 -
[89] - Quote
Sol Kal'orr wrote:And at that point they just kill your Scimitar alt instead.
30+k EHP orbiting at 50km at 780m/s.
Absolutely trivial to gank...  This is EVE - Everybody Versus Everybody.
"the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built and we want to keep that (infact, this is much more representative of the consensus opinion within CCP)." -CCP Solomon |

Malcolm Shinhwa
Bad Touches
132
|
Posted - 2013.08.03 02:37:00 -
[90] - Quote
Guttripper wrote:Curious if a "tanky" Procurer in low sec belts would be a deterrent for ganking or does the luxury of low sec allow swarms of people just to get that Procurer?
If you look way back in my lossmails, you'll see that, no, they don't give a whit about your tanky Procurer in lowsec. They have all the time in the world to kill you. One guy in a frigate with enough scram to disable your warp drive is enough. Although if I recall, I got the pleasure of a couple of tech2 ships to do mine in  I have 5 different chars that I play. This may be my main, or maybe not. I have no idea. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |