Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Roark
Roark

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.08.20 19:26:00 - [1]

Edited by: Roark on 21/08/2003 02:32:01
I am offering 500 million ISK in bounties for James Hawkings. Each time someone brings his cold corpse to my Battleship production house in Korama 3 Moon 10, I will pay 5 million ISK each time, up to 100 corpses. Please include screenshots of the kill.

James Hawkings is believed to be particularly easy to kill, because before this incident his net worth was in the 3 million ISK range.

For the full story on why I want to create a macabre yet decadent chandelier out of 100 Hawkings corpses for the mess hall on board my Apocalypse, the ôGreenspanö, read below.

I have recently moved to Korama and brought a 1 Billion ISK mining contract with me. I always put out buy orders and this occasion was no different. A buy order of 100 million Tritanium @1 ISK each was made. The numbers 1 and 100,000,000 were transposed by mistake. You do not receive that warning you all are familiar with when placing a buy order for higher than average, but it was still clearly a mistake for which I took full responsibility.

Upon realizing the mistake I contacted Mr. Hawkings who seemed quite shell-shocked, understandably. I told him about my mistake and offered him three things in return for the money: a) Any battleship built for him at cost (a value of 20-40 mil ISK in savings for him). B) 8 miner IIs (a value of 30-40 mil ISK) and c) a 800 million ISK mining contract for his corporation in Korama.

His entire corporation, Vector Heavy Industries, to their credit, ordered and begged Mr. Hawkings to take the deal. He has refused after being given more than 48 hours to think it over. This has caused his corporation great strife as they continue to struggle with a solution to the problem. While their corporation prepares a proposal, I am moving forward with this action. I am more than happy to pay members of his corporation to bring me 100 of his corpses. I have no doubt that VHI will bring a violent storm upon Mr. Hawkings, because of the sticky predicament that they currently face.

It pangs me to take this action, but 100 million is not an insignificant amount when it comes to shaving costs for my customers. I sell countless battleships (list belowà never let a good capitalist miss the chance to push his wares) and that 100 million will have to be made up from somewhere. I also have many clients who are upset by what has happened who are also looking forward to collecting as much of the 500 million ISK bounty as they can.

I have created an ingame channel called ôRansomö where people can watch the comings and goings of James Hawkings. All Spotters are welcome to join. I am sure that a successful spotting and tracking of him will get you a share of the bounty once he is killed.

I reserve the right to rescind payment if it appears the effort to gather corpses is a result of an agreed suicide kill. Screenshots, my network of contacts, and common sense will point the way.

And to all my loyal customers, no worries. Prices will stay as low as ever as I continue to fight to get the best people in the best battleships at the best price (I will beat anyone) the galaxy has to offer:

Roark's Lil' House o' Battleships! All on market in Korama (Lonetrek region)
Scorpions - 69 mil or BYOM + 14mm ISK
Ravens - 99mm or BYOM + 26mm ISK
Apocalypses - 104mm or BYOM + 26mm ISK
Megathrons - 99mm or BYOM + 19mm ISK

[OOC]
If this is considered griefing, I do not know. I am just the money man. Other people will be doing the killing. If by making this announcements I am indeed a griefer from a GM's perspective, I will gladly remove the advert. Thanks.
Roark - Taggart Transdimensional - www.taggarttd.com
Roark
Roark
Amarr
Viziam

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.08.20 19:26:00 - [2]

Edited by: Roark on 21/08/2003 02:32:01
I am offering 500 million ISK in bounties for James Hawkings. Each time someone brings his cold corpse to my Battleship production house in Korama 3 Moon 10, I will pay 5 million ISK each time, up to 100 corpses. Please include screenshots of the kill.

James Hawkings is believed to be particularly easy to kill, because before this incident his net worth was in the 3 million ISK range.

For the full story on why I want to create a macabre yet decadent chandelier out of 100 Hawkings corpses for the mess hall on board my Apocalypse, the ôGreenspanö, read below.

I have recently moved to Korama and brought a 1 Billion ISK mining contract with me. I always put out buy orders and this occasion was no different. A buy order of 100 million Tritanium @1 ISK each was made. The numbers 1 and 100,000,000 were transposed by mistake. You do not receive that warning you all are familiar with when placing a buy order for higher than average, but it was still clearly a mistake for which I took full responsibility.

Upon realizing the mistake I contacted Mr. Hawkings who seemed quite shell-shocked, understandably. I told him about my mistake and offered him three things in return for the money: a) Any battleship built for him at cost (a value of 20-40 mil ISK in savings for him). B) 8 miner IIs (a value of 30-40 mil ISK) and c) a 800 million ISK mining contract for his corporation in Korama.

His entire corporation, Vector Heavy Industries, to their credit, ordered and begged Mr. Hawkings to take the deal. He has refused after being given more than 48 hours to think it over. This has caused his corporation great strife as they continue to struggle with a solution to the problem. While their corporation prepares a proposal, I am moving forward with this action. I am more than happy to pay members of his corporation to bring me 100 of his corpses. I have no doubt that VHI will bring a violent storm upon Mr. Hawkings, because of the sticky predicament that they currently face.

It pangs me to take this action, but 100 million is not an insignificant amount when it comes to shaving costs for my customers. I sell countless battleships (list belowà never let a good capitalist miss the chance to push his wares) and that 100 million will have to be made up from somewhere. I also have many clients who are upset by what has happened who are also looking forward to collecting as much of the 500 million ISK bounty as they can.

I have created an ingame channel called ôRansomö where people can watch the comings and goings of James Hawkings. All Spotters are welcome to join. I am sure that a successful spotting and tracking of him will get you a share of the bounty once he is killed.

I reserve the right to rescind payment if it appears the effort to gather corpses is a result of an agreed suicide kill. Screenshots, my network of contacts, and common sense will point the way.

And to all my loyal customers, no worries. Prices will stay as low as ever as I continue to fight to get the best people in the best battleships at the best price (I will beat anyone) the galaxy has to offer:

Roark's Lil' House o' Battleships! All on market in Korama (Lonetrek region)
Scorpions - 69 mil or BYOM + 14mm ISK
Ravens - 99mm or BYOM + 26mm ISK
Apocalypses - 104mm or BYOM + 26mm ISK
Megathrons - 99mm or BYOM + 19mm ISK

[OOC]
If this is considered griefing, I do not know. I am just the money man. Other people will be doing the killing. If by making this announcements I am indeed a griefer from a GM's perspective, I will gladly remove the advert. Thanks.
Stavros
Stavros

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:47:00 - [3]

Yet more proof that ccp ruined the game with those miner 2 bps.

This is truly a sad day for eve :-(
--

"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You"
Stavros
Stavros
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:47:00 - [4]

Yet more proof that ccp ruined the game with those miner 2 bps.

This is truly a sad day for eve :-(
--

"DANCE DANCE"
Danden
Danden

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:50:00 - [5]

Edited by: Danden on 20/08/2003 19:55:37
and what have this got to do with the miner II bps?
And don't go giving me some story about the devs giving tti the miner II bp, because simply you have no proof other then your own words.

EDIT: and on topic, I think it's a bit much... would really have had no trouble if he paid for 4 or 5 of his corpses, but 100? That is over the top
Discorporation
Discorporation

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:50:00 - [6]

Never thought I'd see the day that Roark turned into a griefer.

Kudos, James Hawkins. I admire your ******* (well not literally..).

[Heterocephalus glaber]
Discorporation
Discorporation
Amarr
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:50:00 - [7]

Never thought I'd see the day that Roark turned into a griefer.

Kudos, James Hawkins. I admire your ******* (well not literally..).

Danden
Danden

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:50:00 - [8]

Edited by: Danden on 20/08/2003 19:55:37
and what have this got to do with the miner II bps?
And don't go giving me some story about the devs giving tti the miner II bp, because simply you have no proof other then your own words.

EDIT: and on topic, I think it's a bit much... would really have had no trouble if he paid for 4 or 5 of his corpses, but 100? That is over the top
Rising Sin
Rising Sin

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:53:00 - [9]

It's easy ISK, stavr0s. Nail a Hawking, win 5mil. I have nothing to complain about.

--
"If they're shooting at you, you know you must be doing something right."
Rising Sin
Rising Sin
Sebiestor tribe

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:53:00 - [10]

It's easy ISK, stavr0s. Nail a Hawking, win 5mil. I have nothing to complain about.

--
"If they're shooting at you, you know you must be doing something right."
The Editor
The Editor

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:57:00 - [11]

We will have no part in such a macabre and illegal act - and we encourage all others to also ignore this shameful example of money madness.

To James Hawkings: come speak to us and we will provide you with a better option.

(We may well, however, match the bounty, corpse for corpse, with that of Roark, until he removes this travesty of "justice" from the public domain.)

Morkt's Defence Weekly

ISK Rewards for solid newsleeds - Confidentiality Guarenteed!
The Editor
The Editor
Doomheim

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:57:00 - [12]

We will have no part in such a macabre and illegal act - and we encourage all others to also ignore this shameful example of money madness.

To James Hawkings: come speak to us and we will provide you with a better option.

(We may well, however, match the bounty, corpse for corpse, with that of Roark, until he removes this travesty of "justice" from the public domain.)

Morkt's Defence Weekly

ISK Rewards for solid newsleeds - Confidentiality Guarenteed!
Stavros
Stavros

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:58:00 - [13]

you guys are clearly idiots, there is no way to hunt down and kill individuals in eve, how the hell do you m0o survive on a daily basis.

yet more proof of just how NUB tti is :-(
--

Stavros
Stavros
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2003.08.20 19:58:00 - [14]

you guys are clearly idiots, there is no way to hunt down and kill individuals in eve, how the hell do you m0o survive on a daily basis.

yet more proof of just how NUB tti is :-(
--

"DANCE DANCE"
utopiajoe
utopiajoe

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:02:00 - [15]

Haha,Roark I applaud you!

This is what happens folks, when you mess with someone who has a lot of money. James deserves everything that happens to him, gl buddy, hate to be you.
utopiajoe
utopiajoe

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:02:00 - [16]

Haha,Roark I applaud you!

This is what happens folks, when you mess with someone who has a lot of money. James deserves everything that happens to him, gl buddy, hate to be you.
Roark
Roark

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:04:00 - [17]

Edited by: Roark on 20/08/2003 20:11:02
Added above.

[OOC]

And Stav. I created that "Ransom" channel so it will be easier to track him. Eyes all over the galaxy are going to be looking for him. 500 Mil ISK. Easy money Mr. Sand in your V place. :)
Roark
Roark
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:04:00 - [18]

Edited by: Roark on 20/08/2003 20:11:02
Added above.

[OOC]

And Stav. I created that "Ransom" channel so it will be easier to track him. Eyes all over the galaxy are going to be looking for him. 500 Mil ISK. Easy money Mr. Sand in your V place. :)
Stavros
Stavros

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:05:00 - [19]

Edited by: Stavros on 20/08/2003 20:06:52
james join m0o, ill personally break anyone that comes near u.

stupid tti idiot.

And its not 500mil is it? Its 5mil? And yes i think it is greifing.
--

Stavros
Stavros
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:05:00 - [20]

Edited by: Stavros on 20/08/2003 20:06:52
james join m0o, ill personally break anyone that comes near u.

stupid tti idiot.

And its not 500mil is it? Its 5mil? And yes i think it is greifing.
--

"DANCE DANCE"
Discorporation
Discorporation

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:09:00 - [21]

Offering money for someone's podkill is fine.
Offering it 100 times for a podkill is just to cause grief..

[Heterocephalus glaber]
Drakmarr Banyon
Drakmarr Banyon

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:09:00 - [22]

Stavros: what is with the name calling? Does your vocabulary only span a few pages in the dictionary? Why is he an "idiot"? If I was in his shoes I would do the same thing. The guy sold him 1 unit of trit for 100 million isk (which was clearly a clerical error. Then when Roark was kind enough to offer him compensation for the clearly noticeable clerical error the guy basically told him to bite it. Doesnt sound like a very nice person to me, I dunno Stavros maybe you are just jealous. Dont be jealous Stav you might grow up to be a big kid Someday. Stop your trolling and flaming!
Drakmarr Banyon
Drakmarr Banyon
Caldari
Jericho Fraction

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:09:00 - [23]

Stavros: what is with the name calling? Does your vocabulary only span a few pages in the dictionary? Why is he an "idiot"? If I was in his shoes I would do the same thing. The guy sold him 1 unit of trit for 100 million isk (which was clearly a clerical error. Then when Roark was kind enough to offer him compensation for the clearly noticeable clerical error the guy basically told him to bite it. Doesnt sound like a very nice person to me, I dunno Stavros maybe you are just jealous. Dont be jealous Stav you might grow up to be a big kid Someday. Stop your trolling and flaming!
Discorporation
Discorporation
Amarr
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:09:00 - [24]

Offering money for someone's podkill is fine.
Offering it 100 times for a podkill is just to cause grief..

frstkor13
frstkor13

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:12:00 - [25]

lol @ the worm that is tti.
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:12:00 - [26]

5M isk per corpse upto a total of 100 corpses, Stav.

I don't see this as griefing - Hawking has made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

If I suddenly had 100M isk in my wallet that shouldn't be there I would hand it back.

Even if it was mega-rich TTI.

Honesty has no price, man.

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Stavros
Stavros

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:12:00 - [27]

Dude i have more money player for player than TTI, its not about cash. I know where the cash came from and I now know that that cash will in effect make some guy unable to play the game.

I have put out more buy orders than most and this has never happened to me, and do you know why? Because I check my buy orders after I make them and because I am not an idiot.

I dont sell many bships, but I probably sold more cruisers than most corps in game and that was on my own.

Offer still stands, I will protect him from tti and any other idiot that comes after him.

If he so desires that is.
--

Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.
Ascendant Frontier

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:12:00 - [28]

5M isk per corpse upto a total of 100 corpses, Stav.

I don't see this as griefing - Hawking has made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

If I suddenly had 100M isk in my wallet that shouldn't be there I would hand it back.

Even if it was mega-rich TTI.

Honesty has no price, man.
Stavros
Stavros
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:12:00 - [29]

Dude i have more money player for player than TTI, its not about cash. I know where the cash came from and I now know that that cash will in effect make some guy unable to play the game.

I have put out more buy orders than most and this has never happened to me, and do you know why? Because I check my buy orders after I make them and because I am not an idiot.

I dont sell many bships, but I probably sold more cruisers than most corps in game and that was on my own.

Offer still stands, I will protect him from tti and any other idiot that comes after him.

If he so desires that is.
--

"DANCE DANCE"
frstkor13
frstkor13

Posted - 2003.08.20 20:12:00 - [30]

lol @ the worm that is tti.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 1,28s, ref 20240428/0536
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.