| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jasai Kameron
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.01 13:54:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Drezzster How are you supposed to use a rook in anything other than a gate camp/fleet?
With a jamming optimal of ~85km you are absolutely useless at close range combat, which is what just about all of non-fleet pvp combat is. Also how the heck are you supposed to solo in one? You have a scram with 20k range... so how are you meant to jam them if you are that close...
I must be missing something big here... I haven't used a jammer in a long time, since before optimal was introduced.
Just because a weapons optimal is 85km doesn't mean it works less well at 5km. That's especially true of jammers, which don't have to worry about tracking.
As I'm sure you know, a jammer optimal of 85km, means full effectiveness between 0 and 85km.
|

welsh wizard
0utbreak
|
Posted - 2007.05.01 15:54:00 -
[62]
Originally by: Jasai Kameron ...As I'm sure you know, a jammer optimal of 85km, means full effectiveness between 0 and 85km.
This is still up for debate. Some insist the fall-off works negatively so close range jamming is touger. I've heard multiple opinions from many ECM pilots and I've heard both sides insist that falloff does effect close range jamming and some swear that it doesn't.
Would be nice if CCP could clarify it once and for all.
|

Drezzster
|
Posted - 2007.05.01 17:35:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Jasai Kameron
Originally by: Drezzster How are you supposed to use a rook in anything other than a gate camp/fleet?
With a jamming optimal of ~85km you are absolutely useless at close range combat, which is what just about all of non-fleet pvp combat is. Also how the heck are you supposed to solo in one? You have a scram with 20k range... so how are you meant to jam them if you are that close...
I must be missing something big here... I haven't used a jammer in a long time, since before optimal was introduced.
Just because a weapons optimal is 85km doesn't mean it works less well at 5km. That's especially true of jammers, which don't have to worry about tracking.
As I'm sure you know, a jammer optimal of 85km, means full effectiveness between 0 and 85km.
Well I wouldn't know cos I don't use jammers but what I heard is that in the recent nerf they were made more turret like in that they have a falloff. Why would they have a falloff distance in their stats if it means nothing?
|

welsh wizard
0utbreak
|
Posted - 2007.05.01 17:51:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Drezzster
Originally by: Jasai Kameron
Originally by: Drezzster How are you supposed to use a rook in anything other than a gate camp/fleet?
With a jamming optimal of ~85km you are absolutely useless at close range combat, which is what just about all of non-fleet pvp combat is. Also how the heck are you supposed to solo in one? You have a scram with 20k range... so how are you meant to jam them if you are that close...
I must be missing something big here... I haven't used a jammer in a long time, since before optimal was introduced.
Just because a weapons optimal is 85km doesn't mean it works less well at 5km. That's especially true of jammers, which don't have to worry about tracking.
As I'm sure you know, a jammer optimal of 85km, means full effectiveness between 0 and 85km.
Well I wouldn't know cos I don't use jammers but what I heard is that in the recent nerf they were made more turret like in that they have a falloff. Why would they have a falloff distance in their stats if it means nothing?
Positive falloff ie,, every km in falloff above the optimal is definitely negatively affected. The debate is about negative falloff ie,, optimal - falloff.
eg, (optimal 70km - falloff 35km)* = 35km, so anything that is withing 0-35km of the jamming ship is harder to jam.
*hypothetical numbers
|

Bacci Galu
Confederation of Red Moon Red Moon Federation
|
Posted - 2007.05.22 12:01:00 -
[65]
Edited by: Bacci Galu on 22/05/2007 12:00:51
Originally by: Ozstar Edited by: Ozstar on 01/05/2007 12:00:41 Just to re-iterate a few others in this thread, the Rook isnt really a capable solo ship - keep it to small gangs.
Signed* Extra notes:
.: Dont fark with known FoF boats (if they are close) (ie drake) .: Dont fark with drone boats, (should u be put in a situation where they are close enough to deploy them on you) .: if u use hevey 2's, pack fof's and precision heavies for inty swattin
So sexy, ya mum wants one !!!
|

Captain Crimson
CoreTech Industries E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2007.05.26 20:51:00 -
[66]
ANy ideas what rigs to put on one? I'm thinking the bonus to ECM strength and a CCC.....
Originally by: Tuxford I have already expressed my personal opinion on this and it was very positive (something about happy in the pants).
|

ReePeR McAllem
The Carebear Stare
|
Posted - 2007.05.27 00:04:00 -
[67]
My corp m8 flys a rook in gang. He seems to be able to jam everything fine just sometimes people get drones on him. And thats the only thing that sometimes makes him have to warp.
I think two medium smarties in gang is good.
And possible one smart for solo.
|

AbdullahAhmed
|
Posted - 2007.05.27 00:47:00 -
[68]
No need for a CCC rig as long as you have EW level 4. You can run give hypnos multispecs just fine without it. I use the 7th slot for a large shield extender too and I may replace that with a hypnos as well and try staying at range. Dont think i`ll have immediate cap issues though.
|

pandymen
Caldari Red Dwarf Mining Corporation
|
Posted - 2007.05.29 18:50:00 -
[69]
I suppose I can understand why someone would solo in this ship....you are basically guaranteed able to permajam any single ship in your rook.
Still, this ship is truly awesome for small gangs. Fit the mids with all jammers and 1 sensor booster (maybe a cap booster if you want). The lows should be fit with signal distortion amplifiers to give you that extra edge.
It is pointless to waste valuable mid slots with shield boosters, extenders, etc. Every bonus for this ship is for jammers...fit as many as you can.
|

M3GATRON
Omega Enterprises Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.06.04 18:00:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Captain Crimson ANy ideas what rigs to put on one? I'm thinking the bonus to ECM strength and a CCC.....
tbh i experimented with rigs and rooks alot for about a week the jam strengh rigs add a mediocre improvement in jam strength the t2's are so expensive they are comedic
i opted for extra shield resists in the end but if you dont have recons to 5 then maybe an ecm rig would help but tbh i think the ecm rigs are underpowered in terms of cost/performance other rigs will benefit you more
once again thats opinion not fact if you have the cash to mess around with different rigs i encourage you to do so
|

Sharky1116
Caldari Raddick Explorations Executive Outcomes
|
Posted - 2007.06.05 07:54:00 -
[71]
i actually like using the ECM rigs for the range on the rook (i think the Particle Dispersion Projectors) I can get my rook up to 212km optimal on Racial Jammers with a 249km Falloff, so its basically the prefect anti-sniper ship, granted to get to that distance you will need the Long Range Jamming and Frequency Modulation to lvl4
But ive been training up my jamming skills pretty much since ive joined eve :P going to max out to lvl5 in all skills hehe cuz iam crazy! 
Jamming is My Business and Business is Good! RDEX FTW!!
|

Jin Entres
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.06.05 09:09:00 -
[72]
Knowing I'll be primary in it, I prefer to fit for max jamming strength. I need to brush up on the skills one of these days, though. ---
|

Sokratesz
Paradox v2.0 Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.06.05 09:16:00 -
[73]
5x HML
2x minnie 2x gallente 2x caldari jammer, 1x LSE-II
2x SDA-II
no rigs
with recon ships 5 gets 12.2 sensor strength on the racials - with dignal dispersion lvl 4. Works nice and is relatively cheap. Sig removed. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] with a link to your signature. - Elmo Pug |

Lindee Cruz
|
Posted - 2007.06.09 23:05:00 -
[74]
Good info, Thanks
|

deltauk1
UNITED KINGDOM MAYHEM THE V I G I L
|
Posted - 2007.06.19 20:08:00 -
[75]
Highs 5 x limos heavy launchers 1 x improved cloak 2
Mids 1 of each best named racial jammer (less cpu than tech 2) and 3 x hypnos
Lows 2 x hypnos SDA (again less cpu than tech 2)
Rigs 2 x signal dispersion augmentor 1(ecm strength boost rigs)
*i also carry 6 spares of best named in my cargo enabling me to fill my mids with with a set racial type if needed for capital jamming or multiple same race jamming. This can prove rather expensive as i found out after losing far too many rooks in recent wars but hey at least i know what it can and can't do now try the above set up with ecm strength skills trained to lvl 5 and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the sensor strength you get tech 2 rigs are dropping in price fast I've noticed
|

Daimien Hayes
Caldari Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.06.21 23:03:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Daimien Hayes on 21/06/2007 23:06:19 Edited by: Daimien Hayes on 21/06/2007 23:04:45 After experimenting a while this is what i came up for soloing, tough i agree caldari recons arent ment for it
-High- 5x Assault Missile Launcher II 1x Recon Probe Launcher
-Medium- 5x Hypno's Multispec 1x Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster (800's) 1x Warp Disruptor II
-Low- 800mm Crystaline Plate Medium Armor Repairer II
This fit requires AWU lev 4 (might fit with lev 3 aswell)
For ppl with lower skills replace t2 with named and swap one hypnos to ab, and med armor rep to small armor rep..... thats the best i could come up with
this fit doesnt deal massive amounts of dmg but its very effective for solo, the key here is to pick up your targets.... so dont go on suicide missions with recons.... in the end they're not made for massive tanking
|

Sage Fire
Evisceration.
|
Posted - 2007.07.16 16:41:00 -
[77]
Hey everyone. Sorry to ask a stupid question but I just recently resubscribed to Eve. I played Eve for over a year and I was a dedicated EW (ECM) pilot with the PlateBB/Scorpion, amongst other things. I heard that ECM EW was nerfed (but not sensor dampening?), but I'm not exactly sure how it was nerfed. I'm still wondering if the Rook is a good gang support ship like I felt it was meant to be (I quit in RMR when the Recon ships came out). I'm even an hour away from training Signature Analysis V, so, grabbing a Recon ship will be easy for me since the Rook looks like 65 mil ISK in my area rather than the old 120 mil ISK or however expensive it was in the beginning...
Personally, I'm going for the Rokh and the Rook unless somebody changes my mind.
Thanks ahead of time for the feedback! ******
-Sage Fire |

Gypsio III
Darkness Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.07.16 18:10:00 -
[78]
Yes, ECM got nerfed. But mainly on non-specialist ships - it's still completely viable on the dedicated ships. Of those boats, the Rook is King and is the definitive support ship in small-mid gang.
Dampers are also rather powerful, and a combination of dampers and ECM is extremely annoying. 
|

Ed Kraka
Racketeers
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 12:11:00 -
[79]
Originally by: Gypsio III Dampers are also rather powerful, and a combination of dampers and ECM is extremely annoying. 
I have to agree with that, 1 good Damp and 5 ECM`s FTW. At least if you miss jam its gonna take ur target ages to get a lock anyway so you have time to re-jam or leggit.
I would just like to give a bit of praise for the Falcon, when pirating its very satisfying to sneak up on your unsuspecting prey that is aggro`d and thinks hes gonna nail your mate in a can flipping frig. He`ll soon soil his pants when he hears you de-cloak, slap on the SBII, lock scram and jam his ass b4 casually lobbing furys at him.
Muahaha!
|

Solomon XI
Caldari Dawn of Chaos
|
Posted - 2007.09.03 10:50:00 -
[80]
Call me crazy if you will... but this is the setup I've been planning to use. Yes, it all will fit. EvE Fitting Tool FTW. This setup is highly skill dependent.
-----
**LOWS** x2 Signal Distortion Amplifiers
**MIDS** x1 Cap Recharger II x1 Sensor Booster II (Scan Res: 570 mm) x5 Multispectral Jammer II
**HIGHS** x4 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launchers / Caldari Navy Scourge x1 Medium Plasma Smartbomb II x1 Recon Probe Launcher
**RIGS** x2 Particle Dispersion Augmenter I
-----
Each Multispectral Jammer II gives me the following:
Gravimetric Jamming Strength: 9.18655 Ladar Jamming Strength: 9.18655 Magnetometric Jamming Strength: 9.18655 Radar Jamming Strength: 9.18655
x5 = 45.93275
So overall, It'll be...
Gravimetric Jamming Strength: 45.93275 Ladar Jamming Strength: 45.93275 Magnetometric Jamming Strength: 45.93275 Radar Jamming Strength: 45.93275
On top of that, I can run them indefinately. As an EW pilot, I know I'll be called primary. No resistances will help me. So I opted for jamming strength. That and with the optimal bonuses, I'll be staying clear of the targets if at all possible.
This setup was put together with a small (10 man or less) low-sec/0.0 gang in mind. In fleet battles, I opt for DPS.
|

Jadiin
Mindstar Technology United Confederation of Corporations
|
Posted - 2007.09.03 11:23:00 -
[81]
Best named jammers have better fitting and less cap reqs altho they are more expensive.
Why do you have a smarty attached?
|

LarryBongo
The Scope
|
Posted - 2007.09.03 12:25:00 -
[82]
Originally by: Solomon XI
Each Multispectral Jammer II gives me the following:
Gravimetric Jamming Strength: 9.18655 Ladar Jamming Strength: 9.18655 Magnetometric Jamming Strength: 9.18655 Radar Jamming Strength: 9.18655
x5 = 45.93275
So overall, It'll be...
Gravimetric Jamming Strength: 45.93275 Ladar Jamming Strength: 45.93275 Magnetometric Jamming Strength: 45.93275 Radar Jamming Strength: 45.93275
The x5 isn't correct. Jamming is a chance based calculation of your jam strength versus their sensor strength. My statistics is very rusty, but anyway...
Let's take an example - you are trying to jam a raven. A raven has a gravimetric sensor strength of 22. Each of your jammers has a 9.18655 strength after ship, rig and SDA bonus applied.
So each jammer has a 9.18655 / 22 = 41.76% chance of jamming that raven. Or put another way, a 58.24% chance of failure.
What are the chances that all 5 jam attempts against the raven will fail? 58.25% ^ 5 = 6.7%. So therefore, you have a 93.3% chance that at least one of the 5 jams will succeed.
|

Solomon XI
Caldari Dawn of Chaos
|
Posted - 2007.09.03 19:12:00 -
[83]
Edited by: Solomon XI on 03/09/2007 19:13:32 Now see, I didn't know that. I just learned something. Thanks. As you can tell, I know next to nothing about EW. But is that set up good or bad? 93% chance sounds pretty good to me.
And I have a Smartbomb because I can fit it and it's a drone counter. |

LarryBongo
The Scope
|
Posted - 2007.09.04 01:11:00 -
[84]
I'm not convinced by the smartbomb - its cpu/grid intensive and it doesn't do an awful lot of damage (you won't be one-shotting light drones). If drones are a worry, I'd be more inclined to drop a multispec and go with an ECM burst II - handy for any close in tacklers too. Don't laugh, but think about fitting a salvager instead!
There are a few other situational variations on the fit that you should think about - obviously they involve trade offs...
If you're running around in 0.0, I would strongly consider dropping a jammer for an MWD to help get you out of bubbles quicker, and/or get some range.
A cloak's not essential, but it can be handy when you are camping a gate - enemy scouts won't see you. Simply wait for the victims to engage your gang mates, decloak and ruin their day.
A Large Shield Extender might buy you enough time to warp out if (or rather when) you are primaried in a small to medium sized battle - if you're primaried in a large fleet engagement, you've probably had it.
Another option is a large plate in a low slot instead, but that's less popular since the ECM nerf because you have to sacrifice a signal distortion amp - if you've got recon 5 and signal dispersion 5 (from the numbers earlier, it sounds like you do), then its a trade-off that might be worth considering.
Also, if you know what ships you are hunting, fit best-named T1 racial jammers (higher base jamming strength), rather than T2 multispecs. They have the added benefit of being less cap-intensive, which means you can drop the cap recharger and free up a mid-slot.
Bear in mind that the rook is not a dps monster, and if you have to drop a Heavy Launcher in order to make everything fit, then so be it. Fit precisions and ruin an interceptors day. If things are especially tight on cpu/grid, consider Assault Launchers with precision lights.
If you are sitting with your snipers out beyond 150km, or trying to stay out of the range of gate guns, it might be worth combining the sensor booster with a particle dispersion projector rig to give you that extra range.
Finally, whenever possible always try and warp in at range, and ALWAYS be aligned and up to speed for a warp out.
|

Noel Edmunds
|
Posted - 2007.09.04 03:51:00 -
[85]
Originally by: zwerg 1x Stab ( pussssssy FTW!!!! )
zwerg
You should be ashamed of yourself!
Anyway, what's the point of fitting a wcs to a jamming ship? You have just halved your lock time for a start. You corp mates would be dead before you get a lock.
|

Barukor
Minmatar BGG League of Abnormal Gentlemen
|
Posted - 2007.10.13 18:06:00 -
[86]
Would it make any sense to toss a T2 ECM Burst in the last mid? Might help you break a lock of that pesky Inty that MWD'd to you.
|

Xenodeal
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.10.30 14:43:00 -
[87]
Umm.. Why not use ECM T2 mods in low slots? Especially with the all-new 3 low slot Rev 3 setup.. 2x ECM mods T2 + one 1600mm plate should work like a charm. |

Lagerstars
Caldari Independent Operations Amen Anera
|
Posted - 2007.10.30 17:03:00 -
[88]
The Hypnos Sig distortion module gives the same boost as the T2 version but is easier to fit.
The 3 low slots if they make it on to TQ will be very good for us EW Pilots :) -----------------------------------------
- This space intentionally left blank - |

WishBlade
Caldari Atomic Heroes Phalanx Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 22:26:00 -
[89]
Could someone update the Rook setup for Trinity, please.
|

Gretta Conway
|
Posted - 2008.01.02 11:25:00 -
[90]
Yes, please, somebody flying a Rook, please new Trinity settings.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |