| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 .. 53 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s) |

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
2500
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:28:00 -
[961] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:i love how falcon and malik come on, settle everything and then dinsdale looses his ****
Look man.
It is LOSES, not looses. You want to troll, at least do it using proper english. Most people viewed Orwell's writings as a warning. The harper regime and the goons treat them as a guidebook. |

Malcanis
Vanishing Point. The Initiative.
14877
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:30:00 -
[962] - Quote
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Winchester Steele wrote:Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:BTW, this conversation just happened. I think this encapsulates everything wrong with this game, and the sociopaths defending their right to be sociopaths:
Channel ID: -58667330 Channel Name: Private Chat (Dieter Rams) Listener: Dinsdale Pirannha Session started: 2014.03.30 14:42:16
n++[ 2014.03.30 14:42:20 ] Dieter Rams > hi there o/ n++[ 2014.03.30 14:42:22 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > hello n++[ 2014.03.30 14:42:40 ] Dieter Rams > I need some quick help with a combat site, my DPS is too low to kill the NPC n++[ 2014.03.30 14:43:06 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > sure. Let me get into a PvE ship n++[ 2014.03.30 14:43:26 ] Dieter Rams > alright, what dps can you bring? n++[ 2014.03.30 14:44:17 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > well, I have a pretty pimped out Marauder that can bring about 1200-1300. But that is without much tank n++[ 2014.03.30 14:44:39 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > To get that I have to fit 4 faction damage mods n++[ 2014.03.30 14:44:45 ] Dieter Rams > we only need to kill 3 elite battleships so I think that wil do n++[ 2014.03.30 14:45:32 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > what mission? n++[ 2014.03.30 14:45:48 ] Dieter Rams > it's a combat site, like lvl 4 in difficulty n++[ 2014.03.30 14:45:58 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > which one? n++[ 2014.03.30 14:46:44 ] Dieter Rams > blood den n++[ 2014.03.30 14:48:17 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > interesting. This one? https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Blood_Denn++[ 2014.03.30 14:48:32 ] Dieter Rams > hehe you're sucha carebear n++[ 2014.03.30 14:48:34 ] Dieter Rams > sad loser So this proves what? That the guy you were talking to can't formulate a coherent thought. Myself I would have tried to get you in my mission pocket so I could gank your shiny marauder. I bet I could fetch a fine price for a Dinsdale corpse. That capsuleer missed a great opportunity. Well, given you believe that it is perfectly acceptable to torment someone after blowing up your ship, I am not surprised that you believe that this behaviour is acceptable. If I was dumb enough to jump into his fleet and get trapped, yeah, my stupidity. But the last 2 lines of his display the issue with this game. Personal attacks because I would not walk into a trap. Oh, and BTW, the first thing I check when anyone opens a convo with me is their employment history and bounty. Took me all of 5 seconds to recognize this for what it was. And the part of the no tank, 4 faction damage mods, that was my own little trolling. And no, I don't fly no tank, pimped out ships. Speaking the truth on the forums has had consequences, and I can no longer fly optimized PvE ships.
Did you lose emotional control? Did you give any indication that he'd stepped over the line? Was there any reason for him to think that he'd taken things too far?
1 Kings 12:11
|

Malcanis
Vanishing Point. The Initiative.
14877
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:31:00 -
[963] - Quote
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Ralph King-Griffin wrote:i love how falcon and malik come on, settle everything and then dinsdale looses his **** Look man. It is LOSES, not looses. You want to troll, at least do it using proper english.
Well said, sir.
1 Kings 12:11
|

Ralph King-Griffin
Var Foundation inc.
516
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:31:00 -
[964] - Quote
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Ralph King-Griffin wrote:i love how falcon and malik come on, settle everything and then dinsdale looses his **** Look man. It is LOSES, not looses. You want to troll, at least do it using proper english. or a keyboard rather than a touch-screen, good advice though. If in doubt...do...excessively. |

H aVo K
Tycheon Industries Northern Associates.
100
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:31:00 -
[965] - Quote
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote: I'm here for fun and the experience, not sadistic child's play by adults.
You're in a 1 man corp that you duck out of whenever it gets wardecced. So it doesn't look like you partake in the multiplayer aspect of the game.
Your killboards are empty, so you don't pvp.
*WHAT EXPERIENCE?* o.O |

Jarod Garamonde
Sardaukar Merc Guild General Tso's Alliance
1498
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:37:00 -
[966] - Quote
Andreus Ixiris wrote:I'm going to spare people the mendacity and be honest.
I approve of CCP's ban of Erotica 1 not so much because of what he did or how he did it (although that's certainly a contributing factor) as much as who it upset. Tears from the people who usually brag about collecting tears themselves are inarguably the most delicious.
Why do you think we say "carebears tend to be pretty rotten people"? Because of crap like this.
We didn't start out wanting to "harvest tears" as you say it... we started out thinking "oh, cool.... this game actually lets you fight other human beings and doesn't really punish you for it", and then after so many times of being called "basement-dwelling virgin", or threatened with IRL death for doing what we were promised the devs and playerbase full-on supported, we just say "eff it.... Imma grief these losers".
That is the birth of a griefer, in case you were wondering how it actually happens. That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right... |

Winchester Steele
708
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:38:00 -
[967] - Quote
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
So, yes, many can easily "get" that scamming, bumping and ganking are perfectly in theme with an harsh cold universe blah blah but less can accept that evidently RL "problematic" people have a go to others, cause RL grief and collateral damage on CCP. The fact they abandoned in game communication tools is also proof that they KNEW they were going really beyond the "accepted path" and would have sure EULA issues.
It's the same reason they punished Mittani: he went far enough to grant a bad name to CCP, a damage beyond what's "strictly confined and acceptable in game" (which rightly, is a lot).
So, yes, there's a "line" to not trespass. Just be smart (or nice) enough not to pass it.
This very same logic can be applied to Ripard Teg's actions. ... |

admiral root
Red Galaxy Disband.
1066
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:39:00 -
[968] - Quote
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Ralph King-Griffin wrote:i love how falcon and malik come on, settle everything and then dinsdale looses his **** Look man. It is LOSES, not looses. You want to troll, at least do it using proper english.
Unless he means you're loosing your **** in the same way one looses an arrow. Also, if you're going to pull someone up on their English, you should at least remember to capitalise the E.  No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff |

Winchester Steele
708
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:40:00 -
[969] - Quote
Andreus Ixiris wrote:I'm going to spare people the mendacity and be honest.
I approve of CCP's ban of Erotica 1 not so much because of what he did or how he did it (although that's certainly a contributing factor) as much as who it upset. Tears from the people who usually brag about collecting tears themselves are inarguably the most delicious.
You don't see any irony in the kumbaya brigade enjoying other people's misery? You kids are so cute. ... |

Winchester Steele
708
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:43:00 -
[970] - Quote
Mr Epeen wrote:Good grief people. The OP was a troll. There was no question or option implied. Malacanis was making an observation in a humorous post about how he sees the the insane extremes from this player base. He took what the game is and then bookmarked it with two stupidly excessive ways that the game will never (thankfully) be. And you all, with your eyes blinded in your idealistic fervor to support your views jumped right in and gave me some great entertainment. It's like Malcanis made the thread just for me. God bless you Malcanis, you devious bastard. Masterfully played. Mr Epeen 
Not that I disagree about Malc's motives (hence why I haven't actually replied to the OP), but people are posting here because it is the only relevant thread on the issue that hasn't been locked. ... |

Winchester Steele
711
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:49:00 -
[971] - Quote
Liese Shardani wrote:Ssabat Thraxx wrote:Liese Shardani wrote:That someone is effed-up enough to ASK people to do the stuff Erotica was asking people to do and to keep at it with dozens of people and for hours on end is itself a problem. Why is it a problem, exactly? Heh. If you seriously don't get why, then it's beyond my capability to help you understand. I think you DO know, though, and you're just wasting my time. I say this with all good will and no rancor, but I think we're done. 
You sound like my wife tbh.
If you don't know, then I'm not telling you. What a cop out. ... |

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
5315
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:49:00 -
[972] - Quote
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:
Oh yes, I don't dispute that CCP is within their rights to do whatever the hell they want. What I'm saying is what theyre doing is ambiguous, unfair, and hypocritical given that they allow others to commit actions in the same vein and don't ban those people. As I said, either the rules apply to everyone or they apply to noone, IF you want to be fair and respectable.
I don't see any "ambiguous" behavior. The facts being observed happened and are unique enough that you can't really cite other similar cases where CCP behaved differently.
On the contrary, the only "trouble making beyond game boundaries" I can recall (Mittani's incident) would point me to CCP having acted with a penalty in both known cases, which to me it shows as "not ambiguous". That is, as long as they punish all the players who went "too far with the meta" it's quite a consistent path. Auditing | Collateral holding and insurance | Consulting | PLEX for Good Charity
Twitter channel |

Marsha Mallow
160
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:51:00 -
[973] - Quote
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:Oh yes, I don't dispute that CCP is within their rights to do whatever the hell they want. What I'm saying is what theyre doing is ambiguous, unfair, and hypocritical given that they allow others to commit actions in the same vein and don't ban those people. As I said, either the rules apply to everyone or they apply to noone, IF you want to be fair and respectable. I'd rather they exercised their discretion to be ambiguous, unfair and hypocritical on my behalf. On this one I think they acted in the best interests of the wider playerbase, without any long term ramifications. Particularly when they're dealing with subhuman turbo-trolls who are blatantly picking a fight. I really can't be arsed even attempting, frankly.
People need to stop pushing this hysterical "it's not fair, now we'll all suffer/this is the beginning of the end" argument. This incident doesn't suggest CCP will change their approach at all. It's an extreme example, the offender got a slap. Yes, some noise had to be made, so? Not all that many people care about Ero, since he was deliberately acting in a grey area and openly challenging CCP to a slapfight. I know who I had money on. People here protesting only care if it impacts CCP policy ongoing - which they've stated it won't - although fair play for making it clear we don't want it to. If it was a genuinely likeable person whose loss would be really meaningful, outrage would be understandable. It's not, it's a random scrub no one is really fussed about.
If anything, this incident has backfired badly at Ripard who was trying to campaign for a more aggressive approach (and is now beckpedalling like a pro).
CCP reserve the right to ban anyone they like if they feel it damages the wider community AND/OR the reputation and viability of their business. Remember that, it's their game - the difference is they're not playing for fun, but for survival. If you can't handle that sometimes people have power beyond your control, you're going to have a tortured existence. And weak knees from all that outraged hopping up and down. We pay them to allow us to play with their toy. They graciously allow us to roleplay a measure of involvement via our CSMs and the community. I'm messing, they do genuinely involve players to a degree you'd be hard pressed to match in any other game.
If anything here, they've acted upon the genuine disgust of the majority, punished the offender, told everyone to stay cool - and responded in a timely fashion.
ps, Dinsdale, say the word and that person can be dealt with. Within the realms of proprietry etc  - |

Ralph King-Griffin
Var Foundation inc.
517
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:51:00 -
[974] - Quote
admiral root wrote:Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Ralph King-Griffin wrote:i love how falcon and malik come on, settle everything and then dinsdale looses his **** Look man. It is LOSES, not looses. You want to troll, at least do it using proper english. Unless he means you're loosing your **** in the same way one looses an arrow. Also, if you're going to pull someone up on their English, you should at least remember to capitalise the E.  Actually I got smartphowned but I suppose it could apply. And he's well within his rights to take a swipe....
If in doubt...do...excessively. |

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
4477
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:51:00 -
[975] - Quote
Winchester Steele wrote:You don't see any irony in the kumbaya brigade enjoying other people's misery? You kids are so cute. The recognition of that irony is the exact reason I find this entire situation so enjoyable. Y'all can dish it out but you can't take it. Mane 614
|

Winchester Steele
711
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:52:00 -
[976] - Quote
Ssabat Thraxx wrote:Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:It's like when a bar owner catches folks smoking cannabis on the back patio or something.
Even though it may not personally bother the owner, the behavior jeopardizes their business (as that does), and they are within full rights to eject them from the premises.
Permanently. A more accurate analogy would be if the bartender knew ppl were smoking pot in the bathroom and did nothing about it, but busts the guys who walked off the property to do their smoking. CCP Falcon wrote: However, there's a line as to how severe those circumstances should get, and I'll paraphrase Mynxee by saying that this line needs to be drawn at the point where the alleged victim starts to lose emotional control.
People are pushed past the point of losing emotional control probably hundreds of times a day. Their tormentors don't get banned for it.
The proper analogy here would actually be if the bartender caught 3 people smoking pot on the back porch but only kicked one of them out because he doesn't like that guys haircut. ... |

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
5315
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:53:00 -
[977] - Quote
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:And ppl are just trying to get an idea of the outline we have to "fit" into now. Because this has been going on for the better part of a year but only when the public spotlight is shines on it do they care.
So Blog away, unhappy EVE players! You can get the game warped into you own vision in this way!
I shall infuse the forums with my unbeatable wisdom and will state The Rule and The Outline:
"Don't be a psycho-dork".
Corollary: "If you feel like you have to resort to third party communications in order to not get busted, chances are you really are failing the Above Golden Rule". Auditing | Collateral holding and insurance | Consulting | PLEX for Good Charity
Twitter channel |

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
473
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:54:00 -
[978] - Quote
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Antisocial Malkavian wrote:Malcanis wrote:Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:BTW, this conversation just happened. I think this encapsulates everything wrong with this game, and the sociopaths defending their right to be sociopaths:
Channel ID: -58667330 Channel Name: Private Chat (Dieter Rams) Listener: Dinsdale Pirannha Session started: 2014.03.30 14:42:16
n++[ 2014.03.30 14:42:20 ] Dieter Rams > hi there o/ n++[ 2014.03.30 14:42:22 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > hello n++[ 2014.03.30 14:42:40 ] Dieter Rams > I need some quick help with a combat site, my DPS is too low to kill the NPC n++[ 2014.03.30 14:43:06 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > sure. Let me get into a PvE ship n++[ 2014.03.30 14:43:26 ] Dieter Rams > alright, what dps can you bring? n++[ 2014.03.30 14:44:17 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > well, I have a pretty pimped out Marauder that can bring about 1200-1300. But that is without much tank n++[ 2014.03.30 14:44:39 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > To get that I have to fit 4 faction damage mods n++[ 2014.03.30 14:44:45 ] Dieter Rams > we only need to kill 3 elite battleships so I think that wil do n++[ 2014.03.30 14:45:32 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > what mission? n++[ 2014.03.30 14:45:48 ] Dieter Rams > it's a combat site, like lvl 4 in difficulty n++[ 2014.03.30 14:45:58 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > which one? n++[ 2014.03.30 14:46:44 ] Dieter Rams > blood den n++[ 2014.03.30 14:48:17 ] Dinsdale Pirannha > interesting. This one? https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Blood_Denn++[ 2014.03.30 14:48:32 ] Dieter Rams > hehe you're sucha carebear n++[ 2014.03.30 14:48:34 ] Dieter Rams > sad loser PvEers can be so rude  so posting chat logs isnt against the rules anymore? Good to know! CSM approved guys! If posting chat logs is not allowed, I will take it down. Or I am certain that the ISD will shut it out fast if it has been copied too many times. I was trying to make a point, and that one happened today, so thought it was appropriate.
Its been against the rules for years. Hell IVE caught a ban from doing it. But youre good, CSM approved gais! PSYCHOTIC MONK (or Erotica1's next alt) for CSM. All gameplay modes should be represented! http://gizmodo.com/5913381/season-your-food-with-salt-from-real-human-tears you will be harvested |

Winchester Steele
711
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:55:00 -
[979] - Quote
Andreus Ixiris wrote:Winchester Steele wrote:You don't see any irony in the kumbaya brigade enjoying other people's misery? You kids are so cute. The recognition of that irony is the exact reason I find this entire situation so enjoyable. Y'all can dish it out but you can't take it.
Lol. I know you aren't talking about me. This is a ******* video game. Unlike you lot, if something here gets under my skin I just walk away. ... |

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
4477
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:55:00 -
[980] - Quote
Jarod Garamonde wrote:Why do you think we say "carebears tend to be pretty rotten people"? I'm sorry, is a member of the alliance who used to follow people who killed them around on TF2 screaming obscenities and post scat pornography on their corporate forums trying to lecture me about ethics?
That ****'s cute as hell. I want to wrap you up in a bow and take you home.  Mane 614
|

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
473
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:55:00 -
[981] - Quote
Andreus Ixiris wrote:Winchester Steele wrote:You don't see any irony in the kumbaya brigade enjoying other people's misery? You kids are so cute. The recognition of that irony is the exact reason I find this entire situation so enjoyable. Y'all can dish it out but you can't take it.
Really? I find the fact that the guys calling the ppl that collect tears sociopaths are themselves collecting tears highly ironic and funny. PSYCHOTIC MONK (or Erotica1's next alt) for CSM. All gameplay modes should be represented! http://gizmodo.com/5913381/season-your-food-with-salt-from-real-human-tears you will be harvested |

H aVo K
Tycheon Industries Northern Associates.
101
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:56:00 -
[982] - Quote
Andreus Ixiris wrote:Winchester Steele wrote:You don't see any irony in the kumbaya brigade enjoying other people's misery? You kids are so cute. The recognition of that irony is the exact reason I find this entire situation so enjoyable. Y'all can dish it out but you can't take it.
I think the point being made is that moral superiority is a figment of a delusional imagination in this game; anyone who thinks they've got the moral high ground in here is likely just being a ****. |

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
473
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:57:00 -
[983] - Quote
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:Antisocial Malkavian wrote:And ppl are just trying to get an idea of the outline we have to "fit" into now. Because this has been going on for the better part of a year but only when the public spotlight is shines on it do they care.
So Blog away, unhappy EVE players! You can get the game warped into you own vision in this way! I shall infuse the forums with my unbeatable wisdom  and will state The Rule and The Outline: "Don't be a psycho-dork". Corollary: "If you feel like you have to resort to third party communications in order to not get busted, chances are you really are failing the Above Golden Rule".
Except that 90% of behavior in this game thats ACCEPTABLE in this game would be considered "psycho-dork" behavior outside of this game, ESPECIALLY if you wanna look at it from a real world perspective. PSYCHOTIC MONK (or Erotica1's next alt) for CSM. All gameplay modes should be represented! http://gizmodo.com/5913381/season-your-food-with-salt-from-real-human-tears you will be harvested |

Toshiro Ozuwara
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
600
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:59:00 -
[984] - Quote
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:Also; the main premise of this entire game is one fan's fun IS another's sadistic torture. No, that isn't the main premise for the majority of players in this game.
That's the premise of a vocal few who overestimate their importance to CCP's bottom line.
For a lot of people, this game is about mining, or PvP, or being an FC, or supporting their alliance, or fighting for sov, or developing 3rd party tools, or the social aspects, Fanfest/Vegas, for some guys, all they care about each year is the AT. Go hang out with Brave Newbies for a week, and you'll quickly discover people with your attitude about Eve are marginal at best.
Acting like a sadist in Eve is really not as common as you think. They thought they could get away.-áNot today, it's not the way that this kid plays. |

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
110660
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 18:59:00 -
[985] - Quote
Winchester Steele wrote:
The proper analogy here would actually be if the bartender caught 3 people smoking pot on the back porch but only kicked one of them out because he doesn't like that guys haircut.
That's a ridiculous imaginary scenario that proves nothing except your own desperation. "He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."-á - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882 |

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
4762
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 19:01:00 -
[986] - Quote
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:Andreus Ixiris wrote:Winchester Steele wrote:You don't see any irony in the kumbaya brigade enjoying other people's misery? You kids are so cute. The recognition of that irony is the exact reason I find this entire situation so enjoyable. Y'all can dish it out but you can't take it. Really? I find the fact that the guys calling the ppl that collect tears sociopaths are themselves collecting tears highly ironic and funny.
I find douche tears so much sweeter then your common miner and gate-ganked variety. Does that make me a bad person?
Mr Epeen  There are 86,400 seconds in a day. You just saved one of them by typing 'u' instead of 'you'.-á Congratulations, dumbass! |

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
2501
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 19:02:00 -
[987] - Quote
Winchester Steele wrote:
I agree with you broadly. I think people should be more civil to one another, especially on the forums. (I am guilty here at times)
Two points where I disagree with you though:
1. You seem to believe that the "gankers/bad guys" are the rude ones, when often I find it's the "carebears". Point being, there are dicks on both sides of this debate.
2. Me shooting your spaceship (consensual or not) and smacking about it a little is not in and of itself an uncivil act, especially within the context of Eve. Maybe there is a line, but that isn't it.
As far as RL names etc. I stand by my positions whether we are face to face or over the internet. The importance of anonymity isn't so I can say things that I wouldn't normally say. It is to protect us from the psycho's who claim they will "gut our mothers" IRL over the loss of internet pixels.
Yeah, agreed on point 1. I have seen ALL sides behave badly. I too, get far too wound up sometimes. I like to blame the trolls that are using the forums the same way others use local, but hey, I am ultimately responsible for what I type.
As for point 2. I agree to a certain degree. Shooting a ship, no problem. The problem about smacktalk is where we get on that slippery slope, again. I think that we are dealing with, just like in real life, with the 1% ruining it for the 99%. Say you beat a larger group, say a pirate gatecamp in Huola. A couple lines in local like "better luck next time", or "guess you didn't need that SFI anyway" would be "in the moment", and no one gets bent out of shape over that.
But how do you draw the line? What if you get all your friends to perma wardec the group that lost? Or every time they logged on, you spent all day ganking them, or flooding their email with garbage.
At what point does it become griefing, and bad behaviour? How can it ALL be policed.
Many many of the laws in the world are in place because of the 1% , or 0.01%, that prey on the rest. And I think we have reached that point in the game where the 10%, or 1%, or 0.01% of Eve players are not going to retreat to a level of civility. So the only option I see that is feasible is for CCP to ban ALL smacktalk, and anything that is even close to griefing.
I am not saying this is a desirable state, nor one that is even fair. I said feasible.
If CCP came out and said, "you smacktalk, you are history", there would be a huge outcry. But in the end, it would ensure situations like the past week never can reach that point. (And yes, I know that erotica1 used Teamspeak, not Eve channels)
And lastly, I too like to think that I voice the same opinions in public, or over an anonymous forum. But most people unleash a side to them that they would never do face to face. All of us have seen comments and language used that if done in public would end up with someone likely on the ground, and someone else in jail.
As for the crazies that want to kill over a video game, well, they are just crazy to begin with. I would think that if real names were used in more political discussions, NOW that would lead to the crazies hunting down their adversaries.
Like I said in the original post, you post something extreme and outrageous on a forum, you might indeed tick off the wrong person, so people do self-moderate their views. Lastly, one of the reasons I will never run for the CSM is because of the potential of real life harassment. I see the hate directed at me now, where I have virtually zero influence on the game. Imagine if I was actually on the CSM, where I COULD possibly get CCP to tighten up the rules. How many crazies would I be facing then?
And just to blow my whole argument out of the water, I love this scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXKAtpLm4I Most people viewed Orwell's writings as a warning. The harper regime and the goons treat them as a guidebook. |

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
4762
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 19:03:00 -
[988] - Quote
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Except that 90% of behavior in this game thats ACCEPTABLE in this game would be considered "psycho-dork" behavior outside of this game, ESPECIALLY if you wanna look at it from a real world perspective.
Right. So don't take it outside the game.
Nice to see you finally coming around.
Mr Epeen 
There are 86,400 seconds in a day. You just saved one of them by typing 'u' instead of 'you'.-á Congratulations, dumbass! |

Winchester Steele
711
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 19:05:00 -
[989] - Quote
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:Ssabat Thraxx wrote:
Oh yes, I don't dispute that CCP is within their rights to do whatever the hell they want. What I'm saying is what theyre doing is ambiguous, unfair, and hypocritical given that they allow others to commit actions in the same vein and don't ban those people. As I said, either the rules apply to everyone or they apply to noone, IF you want to be fair and respectable.
I don't see any "ambiguous" behavior. The facts being observed happened and are unique enough that you can't really cite other similar cases where CCP behaved differently. On the contrary, the only "trouble making beyond game boundaries" I can recall (Mittani's incident) would point me to CCP having acted with a penalty in both known cases, which to me it shows as "not ambiguous". That is, as long as they punish all the players who went "too far with the meta" it's quite a consistent path.
It sure is interesting that telling a very large group of people to try and make a man kill himself warranted only a 30 day ban. Not sure that what Erotica did is worse than that. Especially considering Mittani was at a CCP sponsored event. Yep, no double standard at CCP. ... |

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
2501
|
Posted - 2014.03.30 19:06:00 -
[990] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:Ralph King-Griffin wrote:i love how falcon and malik come on, settle everything and then dinsdale looses his **** Look man. It is LOSES, not looses. You want to troll, at least do it using proper english. or a keyboard rather than a touch-screen, good advice though.
Auto-correct and auto-finish is going to be the bane of civilization. Most people viewed Orwell's writings as a warning. The harper regime and the goons treat them as a guidebook. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 .. 53 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |