| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Betawolf
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 10:16:00 -
[1]
In all of the Eve-O forums I fail to find a thread about how to set up a Scimitar. I'll start by sharing a setup I had in mind
577 grid 750 CPU
HIGH Large Shield Transporter I HIGH Large Shield Transporter I 280 CPU 320 grid HIGH Medium S95A Partial Shield Transporter HIGH Medium S95A Partial Shield Transporter 178 CPU 160 grid
MED Tracking Link II MED Tracking LInk II MED Tracking Link II MED Eutectic I Capacitor Charge Array MED Sensor Booster II 108 CPU 5 grid
LOW CPR LOW CPR LOW CPR LOW CPR 32 CPU
Totals: 485/577 grid 598/750 CPU
|

Nafri
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 10:23:00 -
[2]
I would fit a AB, gives you enough speed to avoid lots of damage
Summertime - Campingtime!
|

Betawolf
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 10:32:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Nafri I would fit a AB, gives you enough speed to avoid lots of damage
Not a bad idea
|

Brute Helmet
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 10:33:00 -
[4]
Why do you need a sensorbooster on a Scimitar ? You will be beyond effective range of your modules anyway if you need a sensorbooster to reach your friendlies. _____________________________
Support the MGRL - uncover your six |

Jita LoveSlave
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 10:40:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Brute Helmet Why do you need a sensorbooster on a Scimitar ? You will be beyond effective range of your modules anyway if you need a sensorbooster to reach your friendlies.
Max lock range with long range targetting 5 is 56km. I haven't done the math on large shield transporter range yet but you are probably correct in that the sensor booster is not neccessary as it is not looking like I will get further than that.
|

Betawolf
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 10:41:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Jita LoveSlave
Originally by: Brute Helmet Why do you need a sensorbooster on a Scimitar ? You will be beyond effective range of your modules anyway if you need a sensorbooster to reach your friendlies.
Max lock range with long range targetting 5 is 56km. I haven't done the math on large shield transporter range yet but you are probably correct in that the sensor booster is not neccessary as it is not looking like I will get further than that.
Worthless alt ^
|

Hoshi
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 11:08:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Jita LoveSlave
Originally by: Brute Helmet Why do you need a sensorbooster on a Scimitar ? You will be beyond effective range of your modules anyway if you need a sensorbooster to reach your friendlies.
Max lock range with long range targetting 5 is 56km. I haven't done the math on large shield transporter range yet but you are probably correct in that the sensor booster is not neccessary as it is not looking like I will get further than that.
Max range on large shield transporter I = 42km and 55.25km on the tracking links. Seems CCP thought it thru when they decided on the ship locking range :) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|

Drevonion
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 12:36:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Spektral 4 best medium shield transports
mids 1 large peroxide batt 1 ys8 ab fixed paralell as many as you can fit
lows max cap relays
153 shield per sec
|

Spektral
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 12:36:00 -
[9]
4 best medium shield transports
mids 1 large peroxide batt 1 ys8 ab fixed paralell as many as you can fit
lows max cap relays
|

BigJim Beef
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 13:13:00 -
[10]
Mine from memory:
4 T2 med shield transporters
1 T2 10mn AB (just under 900m/s with my skills) 1 invul (too poor for T2 :P) 1 T2 med shield extender 1 named cap charger 1 T2 med cap battery
then it's either 3 PDU and 1 CPR or 2 and 2, i forget which. Fully sustainable cap, although i do have shield emmissions 4 and logistics 5...
|

Mr Popov
|
Posted - 2006.05.12 14:49:00 -
[11]
This implant helps a lot too for the shield transporters. They are pretty cheap also!
|

First Magestic
|
Posted - 2006.06.14 12:49:00 -
[12]
I manage to fit
High: 3 Large T1 Shield Transporters / 1 Med Remote Armour Rep (Offline)
Med: 2 Med Cap Batteries
All rest are cap rechargers
This runs indefinatly.
I have heard that it is possible to have four Remote Shield Reps going Indeffinatly with a Tracking link, but I have not worked this one out yet.
|

Fred Johnson
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 11:09:00 -
[13]
Maxing out the remote shield boosting is all well and good, but to be honest, the Basilisk is much better for that task. The Scimitar gets its main bonus with tracking enhancing, boosting tracking speed and optimal range of friendly ships.
As such I'd set it up with some tracking link II's or good named ones, CPR's in the low slots and _then_ look at how much is left for shield boosting.
I'm not entirely sure how much remote boosting gets of the stacking penalty, but a scimitar could be very well off some 40 km behind a group of sniping battleships in a fleet battle, giving them just the range they need to be able to fire on the enemy without getting hit back.
|

Mikal Drey
Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:57:00 -
[14]
after extensive abuse of QuickFit and flight tests . .
2x Large 1x med (shield transfer) - Shield emmissions @ 4, Logistics @ 4 :
Large Shield Transporter I Large Shield Transporter I Medium S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Medium Capacitor Battery II Medium Capacitor Battery II F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator
Warp Core Stabilizer I Capacitor Power Relay I Capacitor Power Relay I F85 Peripheral Damage System I
3x Large (shield transfer) Shield emmissions @ 4, Logistics @ 4 :
Large Shield Transporter I Large Shield Transporter I Large Shield Transporter I
Medium Capacitor Battery II Medium Capacitor Battery II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II Cap Recharger II
Warp Core Stabilizer I Reactor Control Unit I Capacitor Power Relay I Capacitor Power Relay I
3x Large (shield transfer) - shield emmissions @ 4, Logistics @ 5 :
Large Shield Transporter I Large Shield Transporter I Large Shield Transporter I
Medium Capacitor Battery II Medium Capacitor Battery II F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator
Warp Core Stabilizer I Reactor Control Unit I Capacitor Power Relay I Capacitor Power Relay I
NOTES : * Logistics 5 will save you buying those Cap II's * Shield emissions 4 and Logistics 4 are essential * Reactor control was used to fit the 3x large transporters * Stab - i know but never leave home without one and its a support ship so you need the ability to get out. * Damage control was used as the slot was available and remember theres no tank so its in and out. * all these setups run infinitly * no ab - this sucked cap and borked the infinite goal. however, its base speed is pretty good and with the range (42km) you should be well within rep distance. * i used large transfers because you get alot more bang for your buck. 2x meds use 160hp/132cap x2 = 320hp/264cap 1x large does 320hp/280cap so you actually save a slot over the meds and inject hp faster and would soak up DPS alot better. (4x meds = 640hp / 2x large = 640hp + 1x med 160 = 800hp) as well as having a high slot free and 22grid and 184cpu left to play with. * you can drop the stab and/or the damage control and put whatever you feel will fit and be usefull to you but everything else runs the transfer infinitly.
Hope you like it :)
|

Rehmes
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 01:05:00 -
[15]
Its cool to see some log ship pilots out there....ive been thinking of training for one to help the newer corpmates when we go on plex runs/belt ratting in low sec
|

Striker IV
Gallente Brother in Arms Corp
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 04:51:00 -
[16]
im ising the gallente one at the moment Oneiros ( training the amarr one next.)
i can fit 4 medium solace , 1 tracking link 2 , sustained, yeah , lvl 4 in the transfer/emissions and logistics is essential.
i think i did the math somewhere... 312x4/6.4seconds ( throw in 3 light armors as well ) 208 armor per sec.... in all actuality , that isnt much , ( 1 large armor rep 2 does 66/sec ( 800/12sec)
but the CAP savings is astronomical.
my Corp member felt very safe with me on mission, i hope we can continue with the other logistics, till i finish those darn command pre-requisites
Team work is essential... It gives the other team something ELSE to shoot at!
|

hambo
|
Posted - 2006.09.14 21:54:00 -
[17]
on my scim I am running 2 med cap transfer arrays and 2 med shield transfer arrays. my first thought was to specialise in shield transfer for both shield and armor tanks but if you shield buff an armor tank the points will get burned away facter because your not taking advantage of the resists that ar in the armor.with my set up I can run any 2 arrays non stop and more than that will start pulling cap I have a very large cap so I can transfer some extra loven if the battle gets heated for a short period of time. in the mid slots I have cap batterys an AB and a shield booster, with one slot as a floater for a tracking buff or a target painter, webber or an extra battery. I tend to use the battery or the webber so that if a fast mover gets close to a ship I am tending I can put the breaks on and make him cannon bait. in the low slots I have a WCS and the rest are RCU. skills skills skills.
|

Broegitte Bardot
|
Posted - 2007.07.13 02:04:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Broegitte Bardot on 13/07/2007 02:06:34
REV 23x Large S95 transfer thingies 1x recon probe launcher
1x y-s8 AB 1x C-5L Large Shieldbooster 1x Invul II 1x Sensor Booster II 1x Cap Recharger II
4x Cap Power Relays II
4x Med Shield Bots 1x Warrior II (want to be on that killmail ^^)
without the cap recharger juuuuust a bit too little cap for three transfer modules alone (w/ logistics IV). but there's still room for rigs, so...
|

Tamoko
Damage Unlimited Inc
|
Posted - 2007.07.13 03:41:00 -
[19]
Curious that you chose to put a probe launcher on it. I'm not very familiar with the math behind probing, but would a logistical cruiser be capable of probing in a timely fashion (w/o the covert ops bonus)?
I've been toying with the Scimitar in QuickFit, and seem to favor a Nos in the highs as an insurance policy for pesky tacklers.
|

Broegitte Bardot
|
Posted - 2007.07.13 17:04:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Broegitte Bardot on 13/07/2007 17:05:01 the coverts "just" have this cute duration bonus; with signal acquisition i end up somewhere around 75seconds with "regular" ships - enough to go for solo-plex'ers (and who would expect a logistics to be the scout ^^)
nos would be a cute choice; alas the scimitar runs out of powergrid way before it runs out of cpu - therefore the named AB and SB instead of t2. of course, one could always downgrade a transporter or two to medium - but what a waste of ship-bonus ^^
humm i just downloaded quickfit yesterday and it doesn't seem to have the rev2 stats yet (?)
|

DenverThe LastDinosaur
|
Posted - 2007.07.25 05:05:00 -
[21]
Is it possible to fit something like this?
3 large shield transporters
MWD Shield booster cap rechargers
Nanos/inertias/overdrives
|

Aleis
Minmatar Playboy Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.07.25 21:44:00 -
[22]
Leave off the cap transfers, you'll be more effective for them, even if they are armor tanking by giving them shields. the shear amount of shields an transfer with 2 large and a medium or 3 large is almost enough to tank a lot of things just with pure rep amount.
It's a little risky i know but i have once worked with a corp mate mine in a mega, and with him fitting nothing more than just 2 invul. i was able to tank the missions for him so he could go full gank
Gang Assist Guide |

simonsnizzle16
Boob Heads Haud Terminus
|
Posted - 2007.07.25 22:08:00 -
[23]
Are the tracking links stacking nerfered if one if running on each separate ship in the gang ?
|

Hoshi
Blackguard Brigade
|
Posted - 2007.07.25 23:00:00 -
[24]
Originally by: simonsnizzle16 Are the tracking links stacking nerfered if one if running on each separate ship in the gang ?
Yes and they are also stacking nerfed with any tracking mods (tracking computer/tracking enhancer) the target ship might have. This greatly reduces their usefulness. ---------------------------------------- A Guide to Scan Probing in Revelations |

Asmodean Reborn
|
Posted - 2007.08.03 14:16:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Asmodean Reborn on 03/08/2007 14:17:23 I've just trained up for a Scimitar - literally today. Mainly for the tracking link bonus. Shield support on a logistics ship is not very useful imo unless the ship can't tank the DPS (which in most cases an active shield tanker should be). It makes much more sense, therefore, for a shield tanker to have cap support - enabling it to perma rep. It is far more cap efficient than remote shield repping. Thats an added bonus for me. Tbh i'm not really certain if the tracking link bonus is that useful, if the 5% per level is worth training minnie cruiser 5 for.
It was mentioned earlier about the stacking penalty - that it even stacks with the tracking mods on the target ship. Is this definite? I'm starting to think that the minnie logistics is a tad underpowered, and perhaps should get a 7.5% or even 10% bonus to tracking link per level...
|

I Cyno
|
Posted - 2007.09.21 17:27:00 -
[26]
Edited by: I Cyno on 21/09/2007 17:35:23 Edited by: I Cyno on 21/09/2007 17:30:09 Edited by: I Cyno on 21/09/2007 17:27:55 Still to be tested, but able to rep 307hp/s indefinatly. Needs some skills though (I have logistics 5 and Shield Emission 5). It ain't perfect, and has nothing against NOS - but you should ofc hide behind the rest of your gang .
Low - RCU II - PDS II - CPR II - CPR II
Med - 10mn AB II - Invul. II - Invul. II - LSE II - Cap. Recharger II
hi - Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter - Large S95a ... - Large S95a ... - Large S95a ...
Rigs - Capacitor Control Circuit - Capacitor ...
Cpu: 450.25/618.75 Grid: 830/830.16 (woot!)
Shield: 5346 - 87/79/69/79 Armor: 2101 - 92/67/25/10 Hull: 1793 Effective HP: 30,928
Capacitor: 1575 - 63sec recharge.
Well, there's more info but this is the most important (oh, and a speed of 827m/s ).
(I just keep on pushing edit :P) - Ofc I forgot drones, but those will probaply be a mix of small and meds (dunno how well meds to against tacklers - neither small really) but sitting at a dinstance I think rep drones are a waste, and I don't feel safe not being able to kill even a noob ship .
|

Stork DK
Synthetic Frontiers
|
Posted - 2007.09.21 18:02:00 -
[27]
Hi-slots: 4x Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter or 3x Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter 1 T2 Cloak
Med-slots: T2 AB T2 Shield Booster T2 Invul 2x T2 Cap Recharger
Low-slots: 3x T2 CPR T2 PDU
Rigs: 2x CCC Rigs
Drones: T2 Hobgobs:
-------------- Who dares to mod my sig?! |

GenXveve
|
Posted - 2007.09.22 18:45:00 -
[28]
I see alot of variations in this ship which is very nice! I hate seeing one mod or two switched out.
Comments: Dont suggest other ships, if you are like me you take HIGH PRIDE in being Minmatar. If you are recognized as a Logistics ship YOU will be primaried, so these non tankable setups just dont seem useful guys. Survivability has to be a key ingredient, and one warp stab will not stop a fleet of 8 ships from creaming you in a few seconds. Also when this ship is in a fleet (its only purpose) make sure other ships have Sheild transfer arrays fitted to prolong your life (which means you have to stay on top of them because of transfer range)
Overall its a very useful ship, and very cheap in comparison to the other TECH II cruiser counter parts.
3 x Tech II large shield transfers (63km range), Possible use for 4th high slot: Drone link augmentor, take your Shield transfer drones to 65km, so you can sit 60 km away and do all the work necessary to keep em alive.
|

Sokratesz
Paradox v2.0 Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.09.22 19:23:00 -
[29]
Either the setups here are really bad or the basilisk is simply superior? I can get around 400 shield per second out of that.
Originally by: Captian Internet Did some one say IBTL? because I think I just heard some one say IBTL
|

I Cyno
|
Posted - 2007.09.23 15:20:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Sokratesz Either the setups here are really bad or the basilisk is simply superior? I can get around 400 shield per second out of that.
Well, depends. It has 2 more highslots so yeah.. you can simply put more reppers on. I think there's a difference in appliance. It's just my opinion, but I think the basilisk is more of a large fleet asset, depending on other ships for it's own defence (needing mids for cap recharge). And the Scimitar is more usefull in smaller gangs, being more able to look after itself and more mobile (faster) - having a lower possible remote rep in exchange.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |