| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 21 post(s) |

Prant
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 10:31:00 -
[121]
Am I the only one who can no longer refine modules or drone droppings since this patch? I right click, the window opens and never fills in, just hangs.
Am I alone?
|

Tas Devil
JUDGE DREAD Inc. Forces of Freedom
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 10:35:00 -
[122]
Edited by: Tas Devil on 28/09/2006 10:36:25
Originally by: Jiekon
Originally by: Mecinia Lua
Originally by: Jiekon
Originally by: keiichi chan And the bug with the reserach of BPOs is still there..
Plz ccp give us back the ability to research BPOs without Take access Rights!
This is by design.
Do you really think its fair for us to risk hundreds of millions of BPOs just to allow someone else to take them on the pretext or researching or building with them, sorry but you just made it harder to do any sort of project. Since you've made corp theft etc a part of the game this was the only real solution.
The change will cause prices to rise as fewer people will be able to build things now or research them.
i`ll poke someone to see if a role is supposed to allow researching without take access, but i`ve always looked at it as "if someone can stick my titan bpo into me100 research i`m screwed" kinda thing.
Don't mean to sound like I know the game better then you... but I think you will find that you cannot stick BPO's in research that lasts this long anymore... you guys implemented such a feature a while ago with the new research system... any research job beyond x numbers of days is refused ... (I don't know x exactly nor whether it depends on the type of BPO or is a constant for all BPOs)
Anyway, you may want to talk to the guy that implemented the features and knows something about research in the current system... Tas
The best Laugh ever ... Credit goes to Killer8 for this ! This includes bad language... so beware |

Hoshi
DAB RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 10:37:00 -
[123]
Originally by: Jiekon
i`ll poke someone to see if a role is supposed to allow researching without take access, but i`ve always looked at it as "if someone can stick my titan bpo into me100 research i`m screwed" kinda thing.
Don't max 1 month rule stop that? You won't be able to set it for more me 1, but with bad skills even that takes 50 weeks so yeah I guess I see what you are saying :)
|
|

Jiekon

|
Posted - 2006.09.28 10:51:00 -
[124]
ok, i spoke to the dev responsible for this and it is a bug that you cannot research with read only roles. This will be fixed ASAP.
In regards to teh research times, it has been a while since i was involved in S&I, next time i`ll find out ALL the facts before opening my mouth ^_^
Apologies for the confusion. ___________________________ ~Jiekon
Known Issues Bug Reporting
███████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████
|
|

BlackKnight
Minmatar CRICE Corporation Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 11:01:00 -
[125]
Hangar lag (moving items)
Container lag (moving items in space and in station)
Jump problems (tells me to be within 2500 meters of gate when overview already says I'm at zero (0) meters.)
Hanging at the gate and not jumping through for 60 secs (this occurred in Immensea and Tenerifis).
|

Edu Journeyman
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 11:12:00 -
[126]
I don't have words... You did it, yeahhh. The best time I had playing EVE in these last 9 months was since yesterday patch.
Fast, smothly, without any lag, memory leak was gone, no disconnections... Now EVE can stand for the best MMO all ever, now the service is pair of EVE.
Congratulations to all CCP staff that made it possible. I could not stop playing till downtime, was amazed by the performance of the game.
Thank you guys.
Be your journeys long and prosperous. Treat the others as you like to be treated. Rude and fool are enemies. |

Ion Shape
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 11:23:00 -
[127]
Originally by: BlackKnight Hangar lag (moving items)
Container lag (moving items in space and in station)
Same here - all back to "normal" after patch yesterday all seems better but now we back as usual.
And my occasionally loos of connection:
After RMR (pre RMR never had a problem) and pre patch 1-3 times for about 3-4 hours of play (I have no what so ever connection prop with anything else than eve) now its back - but now not only one-drop out and login again - now when login I gets multi dropouts on top of another just the second I see my ship.
This was happening in Algasienan.
|

Miss Overlord
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 11:26:00 -
[128]
im now taking to full time piracy to fund my expenses may as well have some fun along the way heh - its about the best - risk to return aspect of the game now (well maybe being a mining slave to a 0.0 alliance but still)
|

Irgiz
Xenobytes Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 11:42:00 -
[129]
Cyrillic font in the chat window is broken :( Extra space between symbols, and symbols themself are too big. Hope this issue will be addressed soon. Now its real pain for the eyes.
Bug report is submitted.
|

Hangman69
Horny AngryBear Lovers
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 13:11:00 -
[130]
This may be unintentional or a new feature, but I adjusted my sell price on an item in the market and it reset the sell duration back to the initial time I had it set for (90 days).
|

Serendipity007
Vengeance of the Fallen Imperium Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 14:02:00 -
[131]
Originally by: Eron Lygera Edited by: Eron Lygera on 28/09/2006 08:00:14
Originally by: Serendipity007 I am extremely dissapointed that Capital ships can no longer use Acel gates. And correct me if I am wrong, but all missions now require you to use a acel gate? This means when I get my carrier, I can't do ANY MISSIONS AT ALL?!?!
Carriers in Missions are overkill. Now easy mode is off. You should be happy they are even allowed in 0.2 space and above.
Originally by: Serendipity007
No Cap ships in missions, thats just plain lame.
No its not.
Edit: Confusing sentence corrected.
Lets compare this with other games. For sake of argument, lets say your battleship is a level 35 character. You train hard and get a carrier. This is like a level 40 character. Level 4 missions are written for a "level 40" character, as they are designed to take 3-8 people to run. We even have 10/10 complexes that could be considered level 50 dungeons. Now that I'm in a level 40 character p, I'm not allowed to run any missions because "capital ships can no longer use accel gates".
Granted Motherships and Titans are overkill. (but whats to stop you from using a Titan Doomsday weapon by cyno field in a mission? :p) They shouldn't be allowed to run level 4 missions. However, in 10/10 complexes and similar dungeons where the odds are really stacked against you, and you are required to destroy large stationary outposts with millions of hitpoints, bringing Dreadnaughts and Carriers makes sense.
You could even create 11/10 complexes where you fight other capital ships, and allow capital ships to use the accel gates there. Level 5 missions are expected to be released someday. Put NPC capital ships in those and allow cap ships to use the accel gates.
Create content for the capital ships, as they were a huge investment in resources and time. To tell capital ship pilots "YOU CAN'T DO ANY MISSION OR COMPLEX IN THE GAME SO GO HUMP VELDSPAR", is ludicrous.
Not all of us carrier pilots want to rat hunt, mine, or pirate for a living. We want to enjoy the well-designed conent that everyone else gets to enjoy. ___________________________________________________ "I'm an engineer, not a miracle worker!" - Scotty, Star Trek: The Original Series |

Scorpyn
Caldari Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 14:52:00 -
[132]
Originally by: Serendipity007 stuff
You make it sound like a carrier pilot is only able to use a carrier, while in fact you need battleship lvl 5 in order to use a carrier.
|

Malibu Stacey
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 15:08:00 -
[133]
Originally by: Serendipity007
Originally by: Eron Lygera Carriers in Missions are overkill. Now easy mode is off. You should be happy they are even allowed in 0.2 space and above. Originally by: Serendipity007 No Cap ships in missions, thats just plain lame.
No its not.
Edit: Confusing sentence corrected.
Lets compare this with other games. For sake of argument, lets say your battleship is a level 35 character. You train hard and get a carrier. This is like a level 40 character. Level 4 missions are written for a "level 40" character, as they are designed to take 3-8 people to run. We even have 10/10 complexes that could be considered level 50 dungeons. Now that I'm in a level 40 character p, I'm not allowed to run any missions because "capital ships can no longer use accel gates".
Who died & made you a dev? Arbitrarily assigning difficulty levels to Eve is inherently flawed.
Originally by: Serendipity007 (but whats to stop you from using a Titan Doomsday weapon by cyno field in a mission? :p)
Probably the same thing that stops you warping directly in to a bookmark in a mission area. Ever tried that? If not go & see what happens when you do.
Originally by: Serendipity007 You could even create 11/10 complexes where you fight other capital ships, and allow capital ships to use the accel gates there. Level 5 missions are expected to be released someday. Put NPC capital ships in those and allow cap ships to use the accel gates.
See my first question.
Originally by: Serendipity007 Create content for the capital ships, as they were a huge investment in resources and time. To tell capital ship pilots "YOU CAN'T DO ANY MISSION OR COMPLEX IN THE GAME SO GO HUMP VELDSPAR", is ludicrous. Not all of us carrier pilots want to rat hunt, mine, or pirate for a living. We want to enjoy the well-designed conent that everyone else gets to enjoy.[/
Yeah that's exactly what they're saying. Ever heard of the straw man arguement? Don't the Carrier skills require level 5 Battleship skill to train? I guess thinking is for other people. --- Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! |

Alex Harumichi
Gallente Gradient Namtz'aar k'in
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 15:09:00 -
[134]
Originally by: Serendipity007
Create content for the capital ships, as they were a huge investment in resources and time.
Go wardec someone, you'll get all the content you need.
What's that, you don't want to pvp in it? Then why did you train up what is clearly a pvp fleet support ship, silly rabbit? 
|

Active1313
Caldari Scorn. Myriad Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 15:23:00 -
[135]
Originally by: OldPueblo Before I start, yes I know its not officially supported and its not a finished product, blah, blah, blah. Its been running perfectly fine however and I'm sure there's a fix for this.
I'm running Vista post-RC1 build 5728. Eve has worked flawlessly except this patch doesn't want to install. It crashes when I select "Start Update." I tried compatibility mode for XP and 98/ME and same thing. Anyone seen this or figured it out yet?
Having not made the upgrade from 5600 to 5728 due to not having time yet, I can say they autopatcher works fine. Also, CCP snuck one in on us...They must have changed the way they check for DirectX as I no longer get the error message about nothaving the proper version. \o/
|

GusGorman
Caldari Templars of Space
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 16:10:00 -
[136]
Edited by: GusGorman on 28/09/2006 16:10:46 audio problems when using mining lasers. audio now no longer present or barely audible.
|

Magnus Thermopyle
Chosen Path Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 16:29:00 -
[137]
Another little fun bug: my Angel agents sometimes gives me Pirate Invasion (Angels). I know my agents are on drugs most of the time, but it would be more appropriate if they gave a version of Pirate Invasion that didnt involve killing Angels.
|
|

kieron

|
Posted - 2006.09.28 16:30:00 -
[138]
Originally by: Altaree Why does the myeve website still go down whenever there is a patch?!?! Please put the website content on a machine other than the playing cluster. This just looks bad. --Altaree
The forums, MyEVE pages, My Character pages, etc. are all tied into the game database so the cool stuff, like avatars on the forums, news items being available in-game and character sheet access are possible.
We are looking at splitting off some of the MyEVE sections and making them available while the server is patching, but that will be limited to Dev Blogs, EVE Insider, Patch Notes, and the like.
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online |
|

DanMck
Amarr Rionnag Alba Ratel Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 16:48:00 -
[139]
Edited by: DanMck on 28/09/2006 16:49:54
bugged gangs
i was in 2 separate gangs last night after leaving the first one , i selected leave gang and was still active in gang but also in another 
also had a corp mate not appear in gang (after invite and he relogged) but we could make him leader , also when we came into grid he was showing ganged colours but he had no gang window
cheers for the hard work guys 
|

Marithin
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve Kimotoro Directive
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 19:36:00 -
[140]
I too am stuck at "aquiring bulk data" following the patch. Have tried multiple times to get in game and have deleted my machonet folder as was suggested earlier in this thread but still no joy. Anyone have any other ideas as to how to fix this problem?
|

MrTripps
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 19:37:00 -
[141]
Edited by: MrTripps on 28/09/2006 19:40:23 I think I noticed a change last night in accessing the drone bay while in a station. Used to you could be moving things around in your hanger or whatever then right click on your ship, and select Open drone bay. I tried that last night and nothing happened. No context menu. I was going nuts trying to open my drone bay. Turns out you now need to left click on your ship to give it focus (away from a hanger) before you right click to select Open drone bay. This was a bit late after a drink or five, so it could just be me.
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell |

RobW1
Caldari Iyen-Oursta Salvage
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 19:48:00 -
[142]
So what about the uber lag with drones returning to the ship? And missions description pages missing graphics?
|

Rakeris
Legio VIII
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 20:16:00 -
[143]
Edited by: Rakeris on 28/09/2006 20:17:23 Yeah, so far all the missions I've done since the patch have the small font size for the mission name, and many of them are missing pics, only a few have them. (most don't)
I may make up some bug reports, but I swear they never do any good...
Oh and for the aquiring bulk data thing, just let it sit there for a while, took like 1 1/2 hours for me before it got done. But then I'm on dial up. =( -------- Sig removed, please keep your sig EVE related as per the forum rules, email [email protected] if you have any questions - Xorus It was EVE related!! |

Ankanos
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2006.09.28 21:15:00 -
[144]
Audio issue for me since patch:
If i enable audio in any of my eve clients (i have 4 installed) including SISI clients,
It kills all audio in windows, including teamspeak and ventrillo. micrphone still works, just can hear anything from anything, including winamp.
I'm running a 3,2ghz amd64, 2gb ram, XP Pro Corp (SP 1), Audigy 2 ZS with latest drivers and a DFI Lanparty MB.
thoughts?
-ank --- |

Serendipity007
Vengeance of the Fallen Imperium Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.09.29 02:24:00 -
[145]
BIG PROBLEM:
I have tried downloading the patcher, and it keeps crashing. It appears to be corrupt or incomplete. I have tried to download the complete client, and I get the same problem. The complete client checks itself and says its corrupt or incomplete.
I have tried using a download manager and not using a download manager and the result is still the same. I can't patch my EvE client and I can't play.
Please Help!
And to the carrier critics: Yes I want to PvP in my carrier when I get it, but not all the time. 99% of my EvE assets are tied into carrier parts and skills, and I need to make that money back somehow. It is wrong, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, to deny those who took the time and effort to construct a carrier the right of doing ANY MISSION IN THE GAME. If you don't want cap ships in missions that they would be overkill, then fine. Content needs be created that requires capital ships to complete, as they would represent the ultimate in PvE.
Yes I can run missions and complexes in my Battleship, but most of the skills I trained for Carrier would be wasted. Not to mention the countless millions of minerals constructing the parts and fighters. To cut off all cap ship pilots from PvE is wrong, IN MY OPINION.
I only hope that I can recoup some of the money ratting in 0.0, and help in the defense of my Alliance's space at the same time. A carrier can carry a ton of mining drones, they can even fit mining drone gang mods...  ___________________________________________________ "I'm an engineer, not a miracle worker!" - Scotty, Star Trek: The Original Series |

Phoenix Lonestar
Litanies of Hate
|
Posted - 2006.09.29 07:33:00 -
[146]
Still laggy in Motsu. 00:31 local, 07:31 server.
|

Auk Monnan
Minmatar Hidden Industrial Group
|
Posted - 2006.09.29 07:48:00 -
[147]
Edited by: Auk Monnan on 29/09/2006 07:48:39 I found today that my corp members can no longer see corporation orders on the market, when they could before. This makes the trader role nearly useless and severely decreases the usefulness of jr accountant. (Assuming I am right about those being the ones that had it before, corp roles are so @#$%ed up and undocumented it is hard to be sure). I cannot afford to start handing out director or accountant roles, because I won't play your stupid corp theft game. |

fuze
Gallente Chosen Path Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.29 08:44:00 -
[148]
Originally by: Serendipity007 To cut off all cap ship pilots from PvE is wrong, IN MY OPINION.
Do people who trained covert ops lvl 5 complain they cannot use their coverts to do lvl 4 missions?
Besides ratting is PvE and you can rat in a Titan if you want. (ofc ASCN like to mine in theirs ) |

Phoenix Lonestar
Litanies of Hate
|
Posted - 2006.09.29 09:19:00 -
[149]
Take these cap ship arguments elsewhere. This ain't the thread for it.
Anyway, the server ran silky smooth yesterday (Wednesday)... but today it was semi back to it's old laggy tricks in The Citadel and The Forge couple hours before downtime. Me and three corpmates all experienced it and we're all in different parts of the US.
|

Shayla Etherodyne
|
Posted - 2006.09.29 10:54:00 -
[150]
Originally by: MrTripps Edited by: MrTripps on 28/09/2006 19:40:23 I think I noticed a change last night in accessing the drone bay while in a station. Used to you could be moving things around in your hanger or whatever then right click on your ship, and select Open drone bay. I tried that last night and nothing happened. No context menu. I was going nuts trying to open my drone bay. Turns out you now need to left click on your ship to give it focus (away from a hanger) before you right click to select Open drone bay. This was a bit late after a drink or five, so it could just be me.
It is some thime that problem is present. The "valid" zone for clicking the ship has been reduced or need a more complex routine. (Vill try your metod as soon as I am in game) I usually open the ships hangar and right click on the selected ship to open cargo and drone hold.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |