| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sales Merchant
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:12:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Sales Merchant on 04/01/2007 09:12:19 Friend of mine sent me this link this morning, i think you all might find it quite amusing, it made me laugh as its just your average day in eve tbh, nothing unusual there  
link
EVE is a cold world baby, and thats the way we like it!! 
_______
Irony (i+ro+ny) [ahy-ruh-nee]
Originally by: Ginger Magician ...this was not a fight it was simply a pathetic gank.
_______ |

Trem Sinval
Sinval Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:19:00 -
[2]
I had a LOL, could see the second attack coming from a mile away.
"ZOMG, they attacked me!"
"Did it cost you anything?"
"Well, no but... they killed me!"
"Did you learn anything from this experience?"
...
 - Trem |

Alliaanna Dalaii
Gallente Does Not Compute
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:22:00 -
[3]
I lol'd 
I hate WoW players 
Alliaanna DNC Treasure Hunt !!
|

Dregena
Amarr Shinra Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:24:00 -
[4]
Quote: Spend 10 hours figuring out the controls Start up your crappy ship Get a few missions you don't understand Get told by the tutorial to mine instead of do your missions Spend 10 hours mining to get money Get killed by space pirates Lose all your cargo and ship Do it over again Get a level up and think ''woohoo, I can kill those mean pirates now'' Find out that levelling up takes days to actually do. Get bored and see what the PvP is like Mercilessly attack some poor sod mining Get blown up by space police who come from nowhere Fly your pod which goes at 1 mph to the space station for a new ship Get killed by the space station because it now sees you as hostile Get cloned and put in a new ship Leave the space station Get shot by space police *rabbles on for 20 years*
Lolz
|

Xcom
Gallente Genco Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:30:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Xcom on 04/01/2007 09:33:22 Edited by: Xcom on 04/01/2007 09:30:39
Originally by: Falcore
Lag is practically non existant, for instance people actually complain if latency goes over 100ms, thats how spoilt the community is hehe.
Noob
Originally by: Jayde
I did then we started talking about the game, they were both in their late 20's and they asked my age. Before i even finished typing they locked me and killed my ship AGAIN. I escaped in my pod and warped from moon to moon trying to loose them but they kept chasing me trying to kill my pod too.
LMAO. Eat it carebare WoW players.
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:39:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 04/01/2007 09:40:21 No surprises here, but i lolled. 
Edit: And if any WoW player reads this post... Eve pvp is unprotected and dangerous. Stay out of it if you want fair pvp.  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Dumus
Silver Service
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:39:00 -
[7]
Very funny read indeed
-Dumus-
|

Groes Thir
Gallente InterGalactic Corp. Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:47:00 -
[8]
It is not christmas eve everyday in eve ;) He really got what he asked for. I kinda laughed hysterically in work and everybody looked at me :(
|

Shayla Etherodyne
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 09:55:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Shayla Etherodyne on 04/01/2007 09:55:58 "I shouldn't need to read a manual for ages. Any game which forces me to do that is obviously going to be too complicated and half of the functions would never be used."
Great attitude. Jump in game, don't follow the tutorial an pretend to "win". 
I don't like griefplay but God, this is beyond the Eve Gate (Beyond the limit of the universe).
|

Mira deVorsha
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:07:00 -
[10]
I love the bit "So I fit some guns and go back this time without mining lasers so i can fight". Where they actually expecting to win?
There needs to be a big sign on sign up that explains you are not some l33t fighter. I mean rookie help is generally full of "How do I kill these guys camping a gate".
|

Nero Scuro
Caldari Murder of Crows E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:09:00 -
[11]
"So I fit some guns and go back this time without mining lasers so i can fight"
"I shouldn't need to read a manual for ages. Any game which forces me to do that is obviously going to be too complicated and half of the functions would never be used."
"EVE is the worst MMO every made in my opinion. Common example of EVE gameplay:
Spend 10 hours figuring out the controls Start up your crappy ship Get a few missions you don't understand Get told by the tutorial to mine instead of do your missions Spend 10 hours mining to get money Get killed by space pirates Lose all your cargo and ship Do it over again Get a level up and think ''woohoo, I can kill those mean pirates now'' Find out that levelling up takes days to actually do. Get bored and see what the PvP is like Mercilessly attack some poor sod mining Get blown up by space police who come from nowhere Fly your pod which goes at 1 mph to the space station for a new ship Get killed by the space station because it now sees you as hostile Get cloned and put in a new ship Leave the space station Get shot by space police *rabbles on for 20 years*
And that's the entire EVE gameplay in a nutshell."
Comedy gold! ___
The world isn't going to end; we're not that lucky... |

Aramendel
Amarr Queens of the Stone Age Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:14:00 -
[12]
About 66% of the responses effeciently call him an moron, though. More pro-eve than anti-eve.
What do you get here when someone posts a similar uninformed topic, but about wow?
|

ollobrains
Privateers Privateer Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:19:00 -
[13]
aye not everyones cup of tea but still a better game for real gritty stuff than wow is
|

Copine Callmeknau
The Splinter Syndicate SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:19:00 -
[14]
  
That WoW thread delivers
-----
Originally by: RUNYOUFOOLS wrong on so many levels you could only be more wrong if you where tuxford.
|

Vidar Kentoran
Minmatar Provenance.
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:20:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Vidar Kentoran on 04/01/2007 10:21:09 Edited by: Vidar Kentoran on 04/01/2007 10:20:33
Originally by: Aramendel About 66% of the responses effeciently call him an moron, though. More pro-eve than anti-eve.
What do you get here when someone posts a similar uninformed topic, but about wow?
WoW has 7.5 million subscribers. CCP has 200k(I think, could be closer to 300 now).
Go to any serious mmo gamers' forum or website, and see who gets more respect, CCP or Blizzard. Let me give you a hint: It isn't the people making 1 billion a year in revenue.
There's a reason for that.
|

Bangoura
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:22:00 -
[16]
Quote: I'm all for concentual pvp but random killings and constant griefing is not fun.

Consentual PvP is the most pathetic apsect of any MMORPG.
Online multiplayer games where you need permission to attack someone else, just play single player games and stop wasting the worlds bandwidth.
|

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:27:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Nero Scuro Edited by: Nero Scuro on 04/01/2007 10:10:22 "So I fit some guns and go back this time without mining lasers so i can fight" - on his IBIS. He wants to PvP in an Ibis and expects to win!
"I shouldn't need to read a manual for ages. Any game which forces me to do that is obviously going to be too complicated and half of the functions would never be used." - half the functions weren't used by you apparently, but at least you got the 'quit eve' function down right. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
"EVE is the worst MMO every made in my opinion. Common example of EVE gameplay:
Spend 10 hours figuring out the controls Start up your crappy ship Get a few missions you don't understand Get told by the tutorial to mine instead of do your missions Spend 10 hours mining to get money Get killed by space pirates Lose all your cargo and ship Do it over again Get a level up and think ''woohoo, I can kill those mean pirates now'' Find out that levelling up takes days to actually do. Get bored and see what the PvP is like Mercilessly attack some poor sod mining Get blown up by space police who come from nowhere Fly your pod which goes at 1 mph to the space station for a new ship Get killed by the space station because it now sees you as hostile Get cloned and put in a new ship Leave the space station Get shot by space police *rabbles on for 20 years*
And that's the entire EVE gameplay in a nutshell." - Levels. LMAO.
Comedy gold!
I have to say, the guy is so clueless... no insurance, no knowledge of security in systems, no idea that there is no levels, no idea that there are speed modules for ships, no idea about aggro timers...
And then he posts on the WoW forum that the game sucks. He cant even play the game!  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Aramendel
Amarr Queens of the Stone Age Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:31:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Vidar Kentoran WoW has 7.5 million subscribers. CCP has 200k(I think, could be closer to 300 now).
Go to any serious mmo gamers' forum or website, and see who gets more respect, CCP or Blizzard. Let me give you a hint: It isn't the people making 1 billion a year in revenue.
There's a reason for that.
Personally I would call eve the better game, too.
But: this does not make wow a bad game. There's a reason it has 7.5 million suscribers, too. I saw far more uninformed rambling in wow threads here as I saw in that eve thread.
|

Thor Xian
Vertigo One E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:32:00 -
[19]
CCP really needs to update the Recommended System Requirements by adding Balls and Brains.
~Thor Xian, Material Defender
"For all your Material Needs, Vertigo One."
Corp/Alliance Services |

Chronus26
Gallente Dark Blood Contracts
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:37:00 -
[20]
Shame that people see Eve that way, but if they aren't willing to actualy learn the game and realize its SUPPOSED to be different from WoW I think we are better off without said people.
Just wish they wouldn't discourage others from trying out Eve by posting stuffs like that. That said, we aren't too friendly towards WoW/Players of WoW here are we? -----
|

Thor Xian
Vertigo One E.A.R.T.H. Federation
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:41:00 -
[21]
A friend of mine who plays WoW and played Eve quite a bit awhile ago actually tried to argue with me that WoW had more freedom than Eve...I was like...I need new friends.
~Thor Xian, Material Defender
"For all your Material Needs, Vertigo One."
Corp/Alliance Services |

Nero Scuro
Caldari Murder of Crows E N I G M A
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:41:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Chronus26 That said, we aren't too friendly towards WoW/Players of WoW here are we?
Nope, we hateses it.
Damn ADD 12 year old carebears. ___
The world isn't going to end; we're not that lucky... |

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:43:00 -
[23]
Wow, I'm shocked how much some of those players actually knew about EVE.
The ones who were flaming it actually got owned pretty bad in the thread    
-[23] Member-
Listen to EVE-Trance Radio! (DSTrance channel ingame) |

Chronus26
Gallente Dark Blood Contracts
|
Posted - 2007.01.04 10:48:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Nero Scuro
Originally by: Chronus26 That said, we aren't too friendly towards WoW/Players of WoW here are we?
Nope, we hateses it.
Damn ADD 12 year old carebears.
I've never tried it myself - I'm not too keen on the idea of paying good money to buy a game I havent tried. Let alone subscription costs... and don't they charge for expansions too...
I took a risk once and bought Guild Wars: Factions. It was pretty dire for an MMO if you ask me. Imagine I'd feel the same way about WoW.
Anywhoo... -----
|

Romeda
Minmatar Trojan industries
|
Posted - 2007.01.05 03:45:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Sales Merchant Edited by: Sales Merchant on 04/01/2007 09:12:19 Friend of mine sent me this link this morning, i think you all might find it quite amusing, it made me laugh as its just your average day in eve tbh, nothing unusual there  
link
EVE is a cold world baby, and thats the way we like it!! 
I play WoW... I hate PvP... But that even made me laugh 
|

Sakura Nihil
Tabula Rasa Systems The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2007.01.05 06:02:00 -
[26]
Win, great link .
|

Broska
FATAL REVELATIONS FATAL Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.01.05 06:04:00 -
[27]
That thread was too good.
It was basicaly "I WENT INTO LOWSEC AND GOT SPANKED BECAUSE I HAD 1M SP!!!"
Christ almighty.
Also had a good laugh at someone defending EVE who said EVE was more of a grind than WoW. :D
Thing I love about EVE is that you can be more casual or more hardcore than any WoW player.
Oh and one more thing, Do alot of the posts their strike you that they were written by someone <14? ------------------------------
Originally by: Tovarishch flying a Scorp into a fleet battle is like parking a pink moped in front of a biker bar - you will die... quickly.
|

Gamer4liff
Caldari Metalworks THE INTERSTELLAR FOUNDRY
|
Posted - 2007.01.05 06:16:00 -
[28]
Dear god these people are such big carebears it makes me feel like Tank CEO by comparison.
Ugh, as cliche as it sounds I hate WoW players, WoW is the counterstrike of the MMO market.
|

Aeaus
Tabula Rasa Systems The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2007.01.05 06:25:00 -
[29]
Very much enjoyed how he was put back in his place by fellow WoW players.
Tanking Survivability Calculator
|

Oliver Singh
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.01.05 06:25:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Shayla Etherodyne Edited by: Shayla Etherodyne on 04/01/2007 09:55:58 "I shouldn't need to read a manual for ages. Any game which forces me to do that is obviously going to be too complicated and half of the functions would never be used."
Great attitude. Jump in game, don't follow the tutorial an pretend to "win". 
And I thought this game has far less of a manual than it really needs. It needs a fracking textbook, a two-semester 30-lecture course with proper exams wouldn't hurt some people either.
Oh wait, manuals are for people who can read, this guy obviously isn't among this exalted minority. :) ----- I'm fine with being an !. That picture doesn't have my best hat in it anyway. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |