Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
Moph
Moph

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.12.03 18:34:00 - [151]

I wonder if there will be official CCP response on that matter Confused
Moph
Moph
Minmatar
Infinitus Odium
Curse Alliance

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.12.03 18:34:00 - [152]

I wonder if there will be official CCP response on that matter Confused
Viceroy
Viceroy

Posted - 2003.12.03 18:42:00 - [153]

Wow that sux. noone, especially a corp like KIA doesnt deserve this. I hope you get back on your feet asap!
-

Viceroy
Viceroy
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.12.03 18:42:00 - [154]

Wow that sux. noone, especially a corp like KIA doesnt deserve this. I hope you get back on your feet asap!
ga'ia
ga'ia

Posted - 2003.12.03 20:00:00 - [155]

Edited by: ga'ia on 03/12/2003 20:04:59
Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad Things like this is just to much...dont know what to say..just so god damn lame Evil or Very Mad !
Oh, and I think the right term its "c.r.a.c.k.er".. not hacker. A hacker exploit/do stuff to learn about it which doesnt really cause any harm, where the c.r.a.c.k.er do it just to cause harm. So c.r.a.c.k.er is also hacker but hacker is just hacker...(damn filter, its without the . everywhere ofcourse..)

Posted - 2003.12.03 20:00:00 - [156]

Edited by: ga'ia on 03/12/2003 20:04:59
Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad Things like this is just to much...dont know what to say..just so god damn lame Evil or Very Mad !
Oh, and I think the right term its "c.r.a.c.k.er".. not hacker. A hacker exploit/do stuff to learn about it which doesnt really cause any harm, where the c.r.a.c.k.er do it just to cause harm. So c.r.a.c.k.er is also hacker but hacker is just hacker...(damn filter, its without the . everywhere ofcourse..)

Posted - 2003.12.03 20:14:00 - [157]

This really makes me sick.. how people can ruin game like this.

I'm sure that CCP will help you guys, specially to find the hacker and help out with all legal actions..

BTW just to gatejump (couldn't help it)
Quote:
They may have blown up your stuff, but they have done nothing to dent the mystique of KIA corp and its role in formulative NVA history.

Seems like someone can't go into a post without making NVA remarks still.. Twisted Evil

KIA, you guys are good guys and what i've seen honest fighters aswell..

May the force be with you.

Jubeli
Jubeli
Caldari
Joint Espionage and Defence Industries

Posted - 2003.12.03 20:14:00 - [158]

This really makes me sick.. how people can ruin game like this.

I'm sure that CCP will help you guys, specially to find the hacker and help out with all legal actions..

BTW just to gatejump (couldn't help it)
Quote:
They may have blown up your stuff, but they have done nothing to dent the mystique of KIA corp and its role in formulative NVA history.

Seems like someone can't go into a post without making NVA remarks still.. Twisted Evil

KIA, you guys are good guys and what i've seen honest fighters aswell..

May the force be with you.

Selling Nighthawks near you
Buddrow
Buddrow

Posted - 2003.12.03 20:57:00 - [159]

this is out of line.

CCP, really i have so much respect for you guys and how you handle things in most aspects, level headed and very thought out. but this is not only a game matter, this is a criminal offense. and should be delt with the upmost zeal and feriocity. those who chose this path must pay for it. in my views it is the same as me going and beating the **** out of a fellow student of mine, merley because his GF is hotter and he called me fat once. i could easily do it, dose that make it right? no it dosn't either way this was an assult on the players and thier characters. the hackers if retiaing the proper info could have found the players homes, could have adjusted creditcard payments. very very dangerous things.action must be taken, this could be Horrible Press if not handled correctly.... step softly for you are crossing very thin ice
----------------------------------
"Give me but one firm spot on which to stand, and I will move earth."
Archimedes c.287 - 212 BC
Buddrow
Buddrow
E X O D U S
Imperial Republic Of the North

Posted - 2003.12.03 20:57:00 - [160]

this is out of line.

CCP, really i have so much respect for you guys and how you handle things in most aspects, level headed and very thought out. but this is not only a game matter, this is a criminal offense. and should be delt with the upmost zeal and feriocity. those who chose this path must pay for it. in my views it is the same as me going and beating the **** out of a fellow student of mine, merley because his GF is hotter and he called me fat once. i could easily do it, dose that make it right? no it dosn't either way this was an assult on the players and thier characters. the hackers if retiaing the proper info could have found the players homes, could have adjusted creditcard payments. very very dangerous things.action must be taken, this could be Horrible Press if not handled correctly.... step softly for you are crossing very thin ice
----------------------------------
"Give me but one firm spot on which to stand, and I will move earth."
Archimedes c.287 - 212 BC
Pilthanis
Pilthanis

Posted - 2003.12.03 21:28:00 - [161]

I will be very surprised if GM's or CCP help you. I feel really sorry for you, but the GM's are normally crap and do not base their decisions on any logic. I wish we had good GM, but we don't!
Pilthanis
Pilthanis

Posted - 2003.12.03 21:28:00 - [162]

I will be very surprised if GM's or CCP help you. I feel really sorry for you, but the GM's are normally crap and do not base their decisions on any logic. I wish we had good GM, but we don't!
Easy Target
Easy Target

Posted - 2003.12.03 23:41:00 - [163]

i guess everything helpful that needs to be said has been said. so i`ll just offer my condolances and sorryness (never been good with words) for what has happened...
it sucks...
u should get your equip and skill points back.. or at least skill points and isk equivalent...

and plus the fact anyone who knows me will know that nothing either serious or sensible comes out of me... so i wont start now.. just leave it at the grrrr`s and punchy punchy ness nessing...

dont quit...
i remember u from VA days... or was it NVA by then i dont even know if i was on your side... but hey. u seemed nice enough... and u didnt kill me... :)

Easy Target
-----------------------------------------------

No i'm not good... but i have never claimed to be
--------------------
Moments of genius
Easy Target
Easy Target
Minmatar
Black Nova Corp
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.12.03 23:41:00 - [164]

i guess everything helpful that needs to be said has been said. so i`ll just offer my condolances and sorryness (never been good with words) for what has happened...
it sucks...
u should get your equip and skill points back.. or at least skill points and isk equivalent...

and plus the fact anyone who knows me will know that nothing either serious or sensible comes out of me... so i wont start now.. just leave it at the grrrr`s and punchy punchy ness nessing...

dont quit...
i remember u from VA days... or was it NVA by then i dont even know if i was on your side... but hey. u seemed nice enough... and u didnt kill me... :)

Easy Target

No i'm not good... but i have never claimed to be
--------------------
Hanns
Hanns

Posted - 2003.12.04 01:07:00 - [165]

Dont blame us Confused

I feel for ya bro, even tho we were enemies, we still got on ok, and were pretty honorable!

this is low stuffCrying or Very sad
Hanns
Hanns
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2003.12.04 01:07:00 - [166]

Dont blame us Confused

I feel for ya bro, even tho we were enemies, we still got on ok, and were pretty honorable!

this is low stuffCrying or Very sad

Originally by: Tuxford
a new retribution bonus. +1 med slot per levelLaughing
KIAInkZ
KIAInkZ

Posted - 2003.12.04 01:43:00 - [167]

UPDATE

KIAGumpy has had his lost skill points restored and KIA will begin to get their stuff back tonight.

CCP again have helped us out of something that isn't really their fault, and it seems they've spent a fair bit of time doing it.

Thanks for everyone's support here, it's great to receive such great support from our ic enemys as well as our friends, it really reaffirms my faith in this place.

As for any further action, I'm afraid the culprit will have to wait and see what fate awaits him, but I won't talk about that anymore here.

A great big thanks to GM Arkanon (again), top bloke.

Let's hope we can put a stop to this happening again. Please check regularly for keyloggers, run virus software and make sure you have a firewall running. Also don't download any third party software for EVE as they could contain trojans.

The PC we think *may* have been compromised was formatted a week or two ago, so we have no way of checking if it was or not, but it's the only way we can think possible, as we have gone through every other PC with a fine tooth comb.
---

Forums/Killboard - http://www.kia-corp.co.uk
KIAInkZ
KIAInkZ
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2003.12.04 01:43:00 - [168]

UPDATE

KIAGumpy has had his lost skill points restored and KIA will begin to get their stuff back tonight.

CCP again have helped us out of something that isn't really their fault, and it seems they've spent a fair bit of time doing it.

Thanks for everyone's support here, it's great to receive such great support from our ic enemys as well as our friends, it really reaffirms my faith in this place.

As for any further action, I'm afraid the culprit will have to wait and see what fate awaits him, but I won't talk about that anymore here.

A great big thanks to GM Arkanon (again), top bloke.

Let's hope we can put a stop to this happening again. Please check regularly for keyloggers, run virus software and make sure you have a firewall running. Also don't download any third party software for EVE as they could contain trojans.

The PC we think *may* have been compromised was formatted a week or two ago, so we have no way of checking if it was or not, but it's the only way we can think possible, as we have gone through every other PC with a fine tooth comb.
---

Forums/Killboard - http://www.kia-corp.co.uk
Righteous X
Righteous X

Posted - 2003.12.04 01:52:00 - [169]

thats great news, welcome back Very Happy
Righteous X
Righteous X
Amarr
Raptus Regaliter

Posted - 2003.12.04 01:52:00 - [170]

thats great news, welcome back Very Happy
Leitari
Leitari

Posted - 2003.12.04 02:22:00 - [171]

yayyyyyyyy

/emote waves a flag

and please keep us posted on how the hunt for that PHOOOOL goes. Im dying to know.

Here, Only the silent survive.

ZzeusS
ZzeusS

Posted - 2003.12.04 02:22:00 - [172]

I really wouldn't mind a post-mortem on the situation from CCP. What should we be doing as customers to prevent this type of thing from happening again?

ZzeusS
ZzeusS
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2003.12.04 02:22:00 - [173]

I really wouldn't mind a post-mortem on the situation from CCP. What should we be doing as customers to prevent this type of thing from happening again?

Leitari
Leitari
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.12.04 02:22:00 - [174]

yayyyyyyyy

/emote waves a flag

and please keep us posted on how the hunt for that PHOOOOL goes. Im dying to know.

Reptar
Reptar

Posted - 2003.12.04 02:43:00 - [175]

woo hoo, now back to fighting
Reptar
Reptar

Posted - 2003.12.04 02:43:00 - [176]

woo hoo, now back to fighting
GM Tricore
GM Tricore

Posted - 2003.12.04 03:34:00 - [177]

Edited by: GM Tricore on 04/12/2003 04:21:08
Here are a few tips on how to avoid this kind of disaster.

Trojan viruses monitor all keystrokes and programs that are launched. Then they send out the information to the people that created the virus. The best way to avoid this happening is to have an up to date anti-virus program installed and keep it running at all times. These viruses are usually quite basic so the anti-virus program should not have any problem removing it.

Also there have been cases where spyware has been the cause of infringement. Spyware also runs in the background and monitors what you are doing on your computer. Spyware can record keystrokes, much as a Trojan virus. To prevent this from happening you need to have an up to date spyware remover on your computer such as Ad-aware or Spybot. They should remove all spyware from your computer.

Macros and third party programs can also be a dangerous thing to mess with. Not only can they get you banned, but they can contain malicious code that logs your username and password, once activated.

Furthermore, we have seen cases where people trust their corp member(s) and simply tell them their username and password. Then those trusted members use that knowledge to clean out their corp hangar and wallet. So do not give any player your username and password and be aware that if you do so, you do it at your own risk.

I hope that this information will help you to protect yourselves from this happening to you in the future.
GM Tricore
GM Tricore

Posted - 2003.12.04 03:34:00 - [178]

Edited by: GM Tricore on 04/12/2003 04:21:08
Here are a few tips on how to avoid this kind of disaster.

Trojan viruses monitor all keystrokes and programs that are launched. Then they send out the information to the people that created the virus. The best way to avoid this happening is to have an up to date anti-virus program installed and keep it running at all times. These viruses are usually quite basic so the anti-virus program should not have any problem removing it.

Also there have been cases where spyware has been the cause of infringement. Spyware also runs in the background and monitors what you are doing on your computer. Spyware can record keystrokes, much as a Trojan virus. To prevent this from happening you need to have an up to date spyware remover on your computer such as Ad-aware or Spybot. They should remove all spyware from your computer.

Macros and third party programs can also be a dangerous thing to mess with. Not only can they get you banned, but they can contain malicious code that logs your username and password, once activated.

Furthermore, we have seen cases where people trust their corp member(s) and simply tell them their username and password. Then those trusted members use that knowledge to clean out their corp hangar and wallet. So do not give any player your username and password and be aware that if you do so, you do it at your own risk.

I hope that this information will help you to protect yourselves from this happening to you in the future.
Jexter
Jexter

Posted - 2003.12.04 08:07:00 - [179]

Excellent!

Jexter
Jexter
Caldari
Jokers

Posted - 2003.12.04 08:07:00 - [180]

Excellent!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240329/0028
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.