| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Claude Leon
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 13:22:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Hieronim Wilde Edited by: Hieronim Wilde on 30/11/2007 11:05:32
Hi, just to give people info, Trinity was tested on Singularity with the following :
CONFIGURATION
Asus P4P800-SE Pentium IV @ 2.8Ghz | no overcloak 1.5 Go Ram nVIDIA 6800GS 256Mo (AGP 8X) | Drivers 163.75 HD Maxtor 80Go (S-ATA 1) Windows XP SP2 (up to date) | DirectX9 from november Antivir Personnal, Pidgin, Foobar & Firefox active at the time of the test.
INGAME OPTIONS
rq: I use almost same settings in TQ
1680x1050 Fullscreen (24 bits everywhere + 8 bits) All Effects ON Tails OFF (don't like it) Sun Occluded By Ships ON Station Environment ON Use LOD ON Dither (what is this please?) ON (?!?) Shadows NORMAL HDR OFF Interval immediate AA at 0 or 2 (4 on TQ)
FPS RESULTS
In order to try to be 'neutral' in my opinion, I will lower my fps results a little little little (yeah I know, it's not 'being neutral'). That's to prevent from being to enthousiastic.
In station I get 15 to 30-40 fps on Sisi. In TQ I have 80-100 fps.
Undocked, near station Suprise, I have 30-60 fps which is at least equal to what I get with TQ (in fact I think Trinity is even better -gain from 2 to 10 fps in that case). I did the test both in TQ and Sisi near station with 1 or 2 people outside, not more. Once, in Sisi I got a problem charging the texture for the Station so Station appears invisible for 10 seconds then appears :) It happens on my first Sisi connection then no problem.
Warping 40-70 fps. Same as in TQ. Maybe better on Sisi...
Jumpgates When the warp finishes, before getting close to the gate, i get a 1-3 sec freeze like if my HD was charging textures (of stargates & concord ships -about 20 of them) then again a suprise : 30-50 fps at the gate (same as in TQ for me maybe even better on Sisi).
I GOT TO SAY...
Imho, CCP did great job with Trinity. I got a quite small config (not so bad though) but I have the impression Trinity could be smoother than in my actual TQ installation. But because I have no friends, I did not have the opportunity to test the most important thing on Eve : PvP & gangs. So I'll wait till 6/12 to try PvP with corpmates and finish my review.
Also it was my first time on Sisi and I got some problems that I guess are 'normal' (or not) because it's not the best of the two servers I guess :
- Station 'not loading' when undocked so station appears invisible for +-10 seconds. - Since the 140Mo patch (& the one from yesterday) for Sisi, unable to charge the game entirely, the progress bar 'freezes' a long time at 'entering station'. I got to reboot and in order to play on Sisi I have to put back classic (old textures) graphics. - When connecting to Sisi inspace, sometimes unable to see my ship with premium content (even after 10 minutes) and unable to see jumpgate animations at the same time. - Lag (client I guess) in station (as said before). - Little (2-3s -but longer than in TQ) freezes when arriving at a JumpGate in order to charge textures (from my HD) I guess.
Well, otherwise... beautiful. If on thursday 6 I got with the new engine and new textures as fps as I got in TQ now (even in gang) I'll not know how to thank CCP more... exept by keep going on with Eve for another year.
So good luck to all of you players and to CCP.
Your hard drives are too slow and you need to up your ram.
|

scorpion007
Black-Sun Ministry Of Amarrian Secret Service
|
Posted - 2007.12.02 21:35:00 -
[62]
Edited by: scorpion007 on 02/12/2007 21:42:57 Edited by: scorpion007 on 02/12/2007 21:36:23 i've been watching this forum and topic with eagle eyes .. i have been thinking if my pc could run trinity good .. i have been thinking to upgrade my pc to and contacting my pc shops close by and all .. but i'm really not sure..
i got a AMD athlon 64 4000+ running at 2.41Ghz Abit an-8 mobo 2Gb DDR ram's dual channeling 7800GT PCI-E (shader model 3.0 supported) 150GB Sata HD
do any of you guyz with allot more of pc-knowledge know if i could run trinity with all the trimmings but with shadows at high or medium and at a resolution of 1280x1024 ?
i hope some of you could make a fairly good suggestion or maybe even answer to my question :) otherwise i have to just go and upgrade a few parts :)
lot's of friendly greetings :)
|

blake fallout
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 01:06:00 -
[63]
test server says no!
|

Jolliejoe
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 09:36:00 -
[64]
Originally by: scorpion007 Edited by: scorpion007 on 02/12/2007 21:42:57 Edited by: scorpion007 on 02/12/2007 21:36:23 i've been watching this forum and topic with eagle eyes .. i have been thinking if my pc could run trinity good .. i have been thinking to upgrade my pc to and contacting my pc shops close by and all .. but i'm really not sure..
i got a AMD athlon 64 4000+ running at 2.41Ghz Abit an-8 mobo 2Gb DDR ram's dual channeling 7800GT PCI-E (shader model 3.0 supported) 150GB Sata HD
do any of you guyz with allot more of pc-knowledge know if i could run trinity with all the trimmings but with shadows at high or medium and at a resolution of 1280x1024 ?
i hope some of you could make a fairly good suggestion or maybe even answer to my question :) otherwise i have to just go and upgrade a few parts :)
lot's of friendly greetings :)
Shadows cause one of the bigguest performance hits. Other than that, you should be able to run Trinity just fine.
|

scorpion007
Black-Sun Ministry Of Amarrian Secret Service
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 11:17:00 -
[65]
then i'll just put shadows to low .. doesn't matter to me aslong as the new ship looks pretty and shiny ^^ hehe
thx for the info :)
|

Asroha Cloudwalker
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 16:51:00 -
[66]
Note to CCP -
After reading all the posts in this thread, I have to ask that you please don't release this crap and call it an "expansion". I'm guessing maybe 10% of players will actually have the hardware to run this, and that's probably being very generous in that estimate.
Most of your customers will *NOT* have the desire to buy a piece of computer hardware worth several hundred dollars just to run these graphics... not to mention the other glaring issues that this upcoming patch will bring.
I've been playing for awhile and have become very comfortable in your ability to release quality and timely patches and releases.
Don't pull an SOE and release this half-a$$ product.
|

Dexion Slayer
Minmatar Perpetual Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 19:48:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Dexion Slayer on 03/12/2007 19:48:16 Good thing you dont HAVE TO use the premium gfx to play EVE, you can keep playing classic like anyone else, so please stuff it about not releasing it..you dont have to use it but that 10% that can, will and enjoy it.
|

Kasak Black
The Collective Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 20:27:00 -
[68]
Anyone have any experiance with Trinity on a laptop yet? I'd love to find out how some of the Mobile GPU's preform. X1600's and 8500 GT's for example.
|

Kairg
Caldari Caldari State Operations
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 21:11:00 -
[69]
Edited by: Kairg on 03/12/2007 21:12:45 Running Trinity premium client with shadows and HDR both on High, at 1680 x 1050. Getting about 55-60 fps in station and in space.
AMD Athlon X2 4400+ 2Gb DDR400 RAM 7900GT x 2 SLI (Using nVidia BETA drivers)
_____________________________________________________
Under construction |

lestus
Amarr 5th Front enterprises DAMAGE INC...
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 22:05:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Captain Campion hmm, yesterday i kinda could, but the models looked rubbish and nothing like the previews. and today there was some other update, and now i just get a big transparent window that i cant do anything with...... 
Originally by: 3rdD Dave I dont get it, Ive played other games that had more going on screen than the new client and have by far better FPS. Why does Eve require such powerful hardware considering whats actually being shown on screen.
you people **** me off, THE GRAPHICS HASN'T BEEN DEPLOYED YET on the test server, yes it's running the new ENGINE but NOT the GRAPHICS, so frustrating when people can't click onto the simplest things like that, how could you EVER possibly think "omfg they look nothing like the screenshots" ? without realizing it's the SAME models you are playing with on the Tranquility.. bah why do i bother
|

Khudo
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 22:43:00 -
[71]
Quote: you people **** me off, THE GRAPHICS HASN'T BEEN DEPLOYED YET
Go hang yourself, you will ?
The blue ships aren't what i paid for.
|

culmor30
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 23:33:00 -
[72]
Edited by: culmor30 on 03/12/2007 23:34:15 Finally my card's downfall... it was good three years ago until now, but now I can't run hardly any new games... Ah well.
But premium and classic clients are still both on TQ, correct? Not separate? If they are I will kill.
I hate being me, the best gfx card I have gets 25-30fps on the current TQ gfx engine. Pixel shader 2... I don't have the money to upgrade, so I'm stuck with classic for another ~5 years before I get a new pc. Woohoo. 
CCP, couldn't you have just loaded it full of new textures and pixel/vertex shaders?
And are you going to update the classic textures even a BIT for poor people like me?
|

Niddix
Minmatar Raptus Regaliter Phalanx Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 02:48:00 -
[73]
Dell Latitude with nVidia Quadra NVS 135M, 4gb system RAM, Vista In Station (TQ) 14-50 fps (avg 30) In Station (Trin) 15-30 fps (avg 20)
Space (TQ) 20-50 (avg 35) Space (Trin) 15-40 (avg 25)
No HDR, basic video card settings.
|

flaming phantom
Minmatar Tyrell Corp INTERDICTION
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 03:41:00 -
[74]
nooo my stupid card wont support the shader 3.
9800xt only here :-(

Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, not exceeding 24000 bytes, ty. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] - Cortes |

Kasak Black
The Collective Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 11:44:00 -
[75]
Edited by: Kasak Black on 04/12/2007 11:44:24
Originally by: Khudo
Quote: you people **** me off, THE GRAPHICS HASN'T BEEN DEPLOYED YET
Go hang yourself, you will ?
The blue ships aren't what i paid for.
Mate relax, lestus is right, people are moaning about content that is still been tested, it isnt final.
As for the blue ships, either dont use them or find another game.
|

Ovno ConSyquence
Amarr The Plebians
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 14:40:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Ovno ConSyquence on 04/12/2007 14:43:33
Originally by: Kasak Black Edited by: Kasak Black on 04/12/2007 11:44:24
Originally by: Khudo
Quote: you people **** me off, THE GRAPHICS HASN'T BEEN DEPLOYED YET
Go hang yourself, you will ?
The blue ships aren't what i paid for.
Mate relax, lestus is right, people are moaning about content that is still been tested, it isnt final.
As for the blue ships, either dont use them or find another game.
No, no he's not, hes saying that the graphics on sisi are the old tq graphics under the new engine...
See here...
Originally by: "Lestus" you people **** me off, THE GRAPHICS HASN'T BEEN DEPLOYED YET on the test server, yes it's running the new ENGINE but NOT the GRAPHICS, so frustrating when people can't click onto the simplest things like that, how could you EVER possibly think "omfg they look nothing like the screenshots" ? without realizing it's the SAME models you are playing with on the Tranquility.. bah why do i bother
When in fact the current graphics available on sisi are the test versions of the new graphics not the same old graphics which were on tq, i mean have you even looked at the models, they are clearly not the same as the ones on tq.
As clearly stated by CCP Mephisto here,
And i have to say i'm getting really tired of IDIOTS coming on these forums mouthing off at everyone about how the new graphics arn't on sisi yet or how even the new engine isn't on sisi, or in fact this whole topic in general when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about 
If you don't know and haven't been on SISI yet don't comment 
|

Joss Sparq
Caldari Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 18:42:00 -
[77]
Originally by: Grimpak
Originally by: CCP Redundancy Extreme shadows uses a 4096x4096 shadow buffer
goddamnit.
that's a ****in' huge shadow buffer you got there.
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"
|

Drew Falcon
Joint Ventures Limited
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 19:06:00 -
[78]
I've read through this and I see a lot of geforce 8800's and whatnot, my question is, is a GeForce7800 GS OC AGP on an old 3.2ghz Pentium 4 HT going to do me the trick? At least with the new grapics set to reasonable settings maybe?
|

Liyrn
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 19:23:00 -
[79]
Anybody know how to change the server. I installed the update but cannot change server to Singularity.
|

searess
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 19:46:00 -
[80]
Originally by: Kasak Black Anyone have any experiance with Trinity on a laptop yet? I'd love to find out how some of the Mobile GPU's preform. X1600's and 8500 GT's for example.
Yeh tried it today on a Vaio VGN-S3HP Geforce 6200 Go 128. Does not work with premium content even with everything turned down to minimum all I get is blocks of black and blocks of white , reverted back to non premium Hijackzorzzzz
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] - Cortes |

Miss Anthropy
School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 22:32:00 -
[81]
I've been watching this thread for a few days now. From what I gather the Devs are implying that all you need to run the new client with updated graphics is a Shader 3 capable graphics card. But lots of people seem to be struggling even with this (my current graphics card is Shader 3 capable). What I can't see on this thread, or anywhere else, is a simple minimum requirements list for the new client.
Clearly, from what everyone is saying here, the new client needs a "little" more than just a graphics card update.
Hell is other people's ringtones. |

Smokin' Sandra
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 22:39:00 -
[82]
Do I have to use the new client?
My graphics card does not support 3.0 shader, as I found out trying to use BioShock. It's got more than enough horsepower (Radeon 9800xt), it just doesn't have this sniffy new feature.
I need to know because I'm on a trial account, and don't want to buy the game (much less start paying by the month) if I can't play it in a few days or weeks.
|

ChemicalQueen
|
Posted - 2007.12.05 00:21:00 -
[83]
Originally by: Kasak Black Anyone have any experiance with Trinity on a laptop yet? I'd love to find out how some of the Mobile GPU's preform. X1600's and 8500 GT's for example.
Ya I have an ATI FireGL 5200 (using the X1600 driver hehehe) and it runs fine. It's a little slower framerate-wise, but definately playable. You should be fine with the x1600.
|

ChemicalQueen
|
Posted - 2007.12.05 00:22:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Smokin' Sandra Do I have to use the new client?
Yes, you need to use the new client. No, you do not need to download the new GRAPHICS.
|

benzss
Templar Securities and Holdings Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2007.12.05 23:51:00 -
[85]
I can't. But that's because i use linux. Boo.
|

DARKVALE
Caldari Black Lotus Heavy Industries Ethereal Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.12.06 01:11:00 -
[86]
i got 8800gtx 768mb-- 1800mhz gpu 575mhz oc..
oh yes eve will run nice for me :-) :-)
|

Ally Poo
Caldari Cross Roads
|
Posted - 2007.12.06 01:15:00 -
[87]
can anyone tell me if visiontek radeon HD 2600 PRO 512MB AGP video card is any good with trinity?
 |

Maren Kirsan
Amarr Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.12.06 02:01:00 -
[88]
I'm using a "MOBILITY RADEON 9200" with the latest drivers on my laptop and i'm not able to launch EVE anymore. Feel free to keep me updated with what I could do to fix this.
- Maren.

"We are not retreating, we are advancing in a different direction" |

Ed Anger
Weekly World News
|
Posted - 2007.12.06 03:34:00 -
[89]
Originally by: Kasak Black Anyone have any experiance with Trinity on a laptop yet? I'd love to find out how some of the Mobile GPU's preform. X1600's and 8500 GT's for example.
with a 8600 gt i got 20fps with shawdows at high and hdr on. i get 45-60 at normal with hdr off.
|

yavhe
|
Posted - 2007.12.06 04:30:00 -
[90]
My GeCube Radeon 9200 seems to not support it either...
I'll wait for an answer on how to fix it
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |