Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Joram McRory
Joram McRory

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.09 09:22:00 - [1]

I am so fed up with all the ASCN vs. NBSI vitriol & hatred. Both groups are my friends and I hate to see them.

a)Making themselves look stupid
b)Continue to deepen and widen the divide between themselves

Here is my personal view. I can resolve being friends with both & I hope others can too.

I speak from a relatively rare position as having been an active member of both E-R and now ACSN.

In the dark old days at the end of the Xetic Alliance I was a member of a small & dieing Xetic corp (DelÆArmgo) and seeing the way things were stacking up in the south I decided to cut my losses and Join E-R. This was mainly because a lot of old XF friends had gone to E-R but mainly so I could learn to PvP.

At that time E-R we a stand alone Empire corp whoÆs only ties to XF were through the social links of ex XF members back into the Alliance. E-R was happily playing with our empire wars and having fun. But we occasionally popped down to Immensia to help out Black Lance, Maza, and the other local Corps to fight off Shinra & ATUK. This was partly because of old loyalties, but mainly for a laugh.

(Incidentally I well remember the night ATUK logged off half itÆs fleet to keep things even, and our pod charge for the short ride home afterwards! Good times!)

My understanding (and this is just what I was told my my leadership) of why TMPL & MAZA left the IGA was that E-R had been asked by Xetic leadership to annoy ATUK in Empire & the other two corps decided to come and help too a few days later. An XF Corp even sent E-R 1 billion ISK (more than had ever been in the corp wallet, by a considerable margin) to help prosecute this war!

I cannot see how E-R (who were not XF any way), and the other two can be accused of back stabbing in this as they were only trying to help as best they could. I.e Small corps are better for small scale involvements rather than 0.0 blob wars. OK the XF leadership had asked everyone to relocate further south to concentrate forces, but I still maintain that the typical MAZA/TMPL small mobile fleet was better suited to empire engagements.

Then a week later XF ended and they found that thier home had been traded for CLS/DDC's security. Wouldn't anyone be a little annoyed?

So that is my defence of NBSI actions.

Now on to ASCN:

Xetic was doomed! This has been gone over so many times itÆs not worth debating. It was a bloated nightmare of an alliance with very little PvP backbone. The question really was how would it die. It could have gone down fighting with most of everyoneÆs personal investment in time blown to bits and hundreds of people left running to empire with nothing left to show for months in game. This would have been a noble if strategically na´ve end.

Instead CLS/DDC took the bull by the horns and did a deal. This preserved what was good in XF and laid the foundation for the Alliance which built the first outpost in EVE. OK to do this they had to concede something, and naturally it was not their home regions they gave up. Is it a little much to still bear a grudge for this, 6 months later? I think so. Lets be realistic about this Much better 2 well defended regions and relative peace in the south that a long drawn out defeat and nothing left at all.

In summary: Both groups are good guys. I have flown with them both and respect them both. Both groups have some forum flamers û so what, thatÆs what forums are for. As Josh said in another thread: at the end of the day it is only a game and other than having a good RP reason for wars I think we are all guilty of taking this whole thing way to seriously.

NBSI û let it go, CLS/DDC did the only sensible thing at the time and have achieved a lot since then.

ASCN û try to understand what it is to have your home ægiven awayÆ and be understanding of how the TMPL/MAZA guys felt.

my 2p^^

Joram

Joram McRory
Joram McRory
Caldari
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.09 09:22:00 - [2]

I am so fed up with all the ASCN vs. NBSI vitriol & hatred. Both groups are my friends and I hate to see them.

a)Making themselves look stupid
b)Continue to deepen and widen the divide between themselves

Here is my personal view. I can resolve being friends with both & I hope others can too.

I speak from a relatively rare position as having been an active member of both E-R and now ACSN.

In the dark old days at the end of the Xetic Alliance I was a member of a small & dieing Xetic corp (DelÆArmgo) and seeing the way things were stacking up in the south I decided to cut my losses and Join E-R. This was mainly because a lot of old XF friends had gone to E-R but mainly so I could learn to PvP.

At that time E-R we a stand alone Empire corp whoÆs only ties to XF were through the social links of ex XF members back into the Alliance. E-R was happily playing with our empire wars and having fun. But we occasionally popped down to Immensia to help out Black Lance, Maza, and the other local Corps to fight off Shinra & ATUK. This was partly because of old loyalties, but mainly for a laugh.

(Incidentally I well remember the night ATUK logged off half itÆs fleet to keep things even, and our pod charge for the short ride home afterwards! Good times!)

My understanding (and this is just what I was told my my leadership) of why TMPL & MAZA left the IGA was that E-R had been asked by Xetic leadership to annoy ATUK in Empire & the other two corps decided to come and help too a few days later. An XF Corp even sent E-R 1 billion ISK (more than had ever been in the corp wallet, by a considerable margin) to help prosecute this war!

I cannot see how E-R (who were not XF any way), and the other two can be accused of back stabbing in this as they were only trying to help as best they could. I.e Small corps are better for small scale involvements rather than 0.0 blob wars. OK the XF leadership had asked everyone to relocate further south to concentrate forces, but I still maintain that the typical MAZA/TMPL small mobile fleet was better suited to empire engagements.

Then a week later XF ended and they found that thier home had been traded for CLS/DDC's security. Wouldn't anyone be a little annoyed?

So that is my defence of NBSI actions.

Now on to ASCN:

Xetic was doomed! This has been gone over so many times itÆs not worth debating. It was a bloated nightmare of an alliance with very little PvP backbone. The question really was how would it die. It could have gone down fighting with most of everyoneÆs personal investment in time blown to bits and hundreds of people left running to empire with nothing left to show for months in game. This would have been a noble if strategically nanve end.

Instead CLS/DDC took the bull by the horns and did a deal. This preserved what was good in XF and laid the foundation for the Alliance which built the first outpost in EVE. OK to do this they had to concede something, and naturally it was not their home regions they gave up. Is it a little much to still bear a grudge for this, 6 months later? I think so. Lets be realistic about this Much better 2 well defended regions and relative peace in the south that a long drawn out defeat and nothing left at all.

In summary: Both groups are good guys. I have flown with them both and respect them both. Both groups have some forum flamers û so what, thatÆs what forums are for. As Josh said in another thread: at the end of the day it is only a game and other than having a good RP reason for wars I think we are all guilty of taking this whole thing way to seriously.

NBSI û let it go, CLS/DDC did the only sensible thing at the time and have achieved a lot since then.

ASCN û try to understand what it is to have your home ægiven awayÆ and be understanding of how the TMPL/MAZA guys felt.

my 2p^^

Joram

Your signature image exceeds the maximum allowed filesize of 24000 bytes -Sahwoolo Etoophie

My Photography site
Will Fireblade
Will Fireblade

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:25:00 - [3]

Joram is Primary... Joram is Primary...
Will Fireblade
Will Fireblade
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:25:00 - [4]

Joram is Primary... Joram is Primary...
Joram McRory
Joram McRory

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:28:00 - [5]

Will - I resolved myself that when I left E-RRolling Eyes

Joram

Joram McRory
Joram McRory
Caldari
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:28:00 - [6]

Edited by: Joram McRory on 09/09/2005 11:34:49
Will - I resolved myself to that when I left E-RRolling Eyes

Joram

Your signature image exceeds the maximum allowed filesize of 24000 bytes -Sahwoolo Etoophie

My Photography site
Will Fireblade
Will Fireblade

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:34:00 - [7]

eh funny **** you still gonna be primary Twisted Evil
Will Fireblade
Will Fireblade
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:34:00 - [8]

eh funny *snip* you still gonna be primary Twisted Evil

Flame Removed.Laurelin
Silvitni
Silvitni

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:37:00 - [9]

Edited by: Silvitni on 09/09/2005 09:37:28
Good post Joram Very Happy

Silvitni
Silvitni
0utbreak

Posted - 2005.09.09 09:37:00 - [10]

Edited by: Silvitni on 09/09/2005 09:38:41
Good post Joram Very Happy

Edit: I might come and visit you in the weekend Smile

Liet Traep
Liet Traep

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:05:00 - [11]

Good post Joram and I appreciate the spirit in which it was meant.

I still think ASCN did their mates dirty the way they founded their alliance. Since they've never taken any steps to make it up to any of the people they wronged and they honestly don't believe they did anything wrong nothing has changed. 1 month later, 6 months later, 2 years later it doesn't matter. Wrong is wrong. And I see no reason to change my feelings on the matter.

I do agree that NBSI AND ASCN have spammed, slandered, insulted and generally been disgustingly mean to each other. And NBSI does try to avoid smack talking these days with varying degrees of success. Best I can see our two groups of players doing at this time is agreeing that we don't get along and leaving it at that.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure some people see things differently and I'm guessing to see who flames my response first.
Liet Traep
Liet Traep
Minmatar
Black Lance
NBSI Alliance

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:05:00 - [12]

Good post Joram and I appreciate the spirit in which it was meant.

I still think ASCN did their mates dirty the way they founded their alliance. Since they've never taken any steps to make it up to any of the people they wronged and they honestly don't believe they did anything wrong nothing has changed. 1 month later, 6 months later, 2 years later it doesn't matter. Wrong is wrong. And I see no reason to change my feelings on the matter.

I do agree that NBSI AND ASCN have spammed, slandered, insulted and generally been disgustingly mean to each other. And NBSI does try to avoid smack talking these days with varying degrees of success. Best I can see our two groups of players doing at this time is agreeing that we don't get along and leaving it at that.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure some people see things differently and I'm guessing to see who flames my response first.
Gazmus
Gazmus

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:21:00 - [13]

Nice post Joram hope all is well.

My opinion is who cares they aint blue lets shoot them and have a laugh Very Happy

Gazmus
Gazmus
Caldari
Black Nova Corp
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:21:00 - [14]

Nice post Joram hope all is well.

My opinion is who cares they aint blue lets shoot them and have a laugh Very Happy

Dark Shikari13
Dark Shikari13

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:23:00 - [15]

I did always wonder why NBSI and ASCN seemed to have so much hate towards each other. It just didn't make any sense.
--
Lame, lame, lame. This is Dark Shikari, but I forgot to renew my account (LOL). Be back on my main in a day or two.
Dark Shikari13
Dark Shikari13

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:23:00 - [16]

I did always wonder why NBSI and ASCN seemed to have so much hate towards each other. It just didn't make any sense.
--
Lame, lame, lame. This is Dark Shikari, but I forgot to renew my account (LOL). Be back on my main in a day or two.
Grimpak
Grimpak

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:26:00 - [17]

Originally by: Dark Shikari13

well imho it's like Itchy and Scratchy: everyone needs to have an arch-enemy. not having one it's like rolling stones without the rock, or Abbot and Costello without Abbot(sp?).

..anyways you get the point, and yes, I agree with joram.
-------------------

Grimpak, all round nice guy
Grimpak
Grimpak
Gallente
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:26:00 - [18]

Originally by: Dark Shikari13

well imho it's like Itchy and Scratchy: everyone needs to have an arch-enemy. not having one it's like rolling stones without the rock, or Abbot and Costello without Abbot(sp?).

..anyways you get the point, and yes, I agree with joram.
---

truth about EVE:
Originally by: Cpt Branko
"Guns are fine, boost players"
Primer Xenius
Primer Xenius

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:29:00 - [19]

What should ASCN make up for? The backbone of XETIC which became ASCN, dropped the fat as was illustrated by the fact that XETIC could not hold a single region even though their combined member count was vastly larger than the enemy after the split. Yes, there were pvpers and corps that did fight but the vast majority of XETIC was utterly inactive.

Yet people blame the ASCN corps for what exactly?
Perhaps their to blame for not fighting on while the majority sat in empire and did nothing? Why the hell should they?

Once ASCN cut their deal and made their own alliance, it was XETIC offshoots that time and again attacked ASCN here and ingame. ASCN didn't KOS anyone at first, let people get their stuff and fought on in the war against the coalition in which it won its regions. XETIC, fat and bloated died arrogantly blaming everyone but their own inaction.

Primer Xenius
Primer Xenius
The Collective
Against ALL Authorities

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:29:00 - [20]

What should ASCN make up for? The backbone of XETIC which became ASCN, dropped the fat as was illustrated by the fact that XETIC could not hold a single region even though their combined member count was vastly larger than the enemy after the split. Yes, there were pvpers and corps that did fight but the vast majority of XETIC was utterly inactive.

Yet people blame the ASCN corps for what exactly?
Perhaps their to blame for not fighting on while the majority sat in empire and did nothing? Why the hell should they?

Once ASCN cut their deal and made their own alliance, it was XETIC offshoots that time and again attacked ASCN here and ingame. ASCN didn't KOS anyone at first, let people get their stuff and fought on in the war against the coalition in which it won its regions. XETIC, fat and bloated died arrogantly blaming everyone but their own inaction.

Nafri
Nafri

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:34:00 - [21]

Bah, I miss Xetic. The last alliance with a politcal agenda, and real goals to achieve.

Since their doom, nothing interesting happened

Your bla bla hit bla bla for bla bla damage. Wanna have some bubu now?
Nafri
Nafri
Caldari
TunDraGon

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:34:00 - [22]

Bah, I miss Xetic. The last alliance with a politcal agenda, and real goals to achieve.

Since their doom, nothing interesting happened

From Dusk till Dawn

Rexthor Hammerfists
Rexthor Hammerfists

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:43:00 - [23]

good post.
Rexthor Hammerfists
Rexthor Hammerfists
Black Nova Corp
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:43:00 - [24]

good post.
-
Purple Conquered The World, We the Universe.

Joram McRory
Joram McRory

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:57:00 - [25]

I missed out a bit of the story above:

How did the hostilities start?

This bit always confused me. E-R were camping somewhere (EC-?? maybe) when we saw lots of ASCN in local. We all got chatting and agreed to keep them at +10. Then in our shared chat we heard that TMPL had CLS & DDC to -10 and after a bit of chatting E-R agreed to align standings with our mates & Lunas told the DDC fleet this. 1 min later ASCN jumped in and attacked us. I got stuck on the gate & lost a Harpy.

All the forum flaming started then.

If only we'd agreed on a 0.0 staus as a compromise I'm sure none of this would have happend.

Note - this is just fo the historical record
Joram

Joram McRory
Joram McRory
Caldari
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2005.09.09 10:57:00 - [26]

I missed out a bit of the story above:

How did the hostilities start?

This bit always confused me. E-R were camping somewhere (EC-?? maybe) when we saw lots of ASCN in local. We all got chatting and agreed to keep them at +10. Then in our shared chat we heard that TMPL had CLS & DDC to -10 and after a bit of chatting E-R agreed to align standings with our mates & Lunas told the DDC fleet this. 1 min later ASCN jumped in and attacked us. I got stuck on the gate & lost a Harpy.

All the forum flaming started then.

If only we'd agreed on a 0.0 staus as a compromise I'm sure none of this would have happend.

Note - this is just fo the historical record
Joram

My Photography site
Cartiff
Cartiff

Posted - 2005.09.09 11:33:00 - [27]

NBSI - ASCN war will continue until either 1 of is destroyed (Extremely unlikely as we're over 100 jumps apart) or a huuuge ass evil baddy comes alony and knocks over all the sand castles.

I enjoy our little RP war, it was founded as a means to get revenge and a constantly supply of PVP.

EVE's more fun when (as someone said) you have an arch enemy.
Although NBSI is tiny in comparison, we have heart and a reckless enthusism for PVP. We've been known to suicde ships into enemies cos it was a laugh.

Personnally, i like CLS, you gotta repsect them for building CLS up and ASCN.
DDC and me(E-R) have never got on, doubtful we ever will.
TFD, lovely ladz, and i still miss the old hardcore group of Syncore'rs

to end, as always in my traditional manner....... NBSI 4TW

Cartiff, CEO
Euphoria Released
NBSI 4TW

Cartiff
Cartiff
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2005.09.09 11:33:00 - [28]

NBSI - ASCN war will continue until either 1 of is destroyed (Extremely unlikely as we're over 100 jumps apart) or a huuuge ass evil baddy comes alony and knocks over all the sand castles.

I enjoy our little RP war, it was founded as a means to get revenge and a constantly supply of PVP.

EVE's more fun when (as someone said) you have an arch enemy.
Although NBSI is tiny in comparison, we have heart and a reckless enthusism for PVP. We've been known to suicde ships into enemies cos it was a laugh.

Personnally, i like CLS, you gotta repsect them for building CLS up and ASCN.
DDC and me(E-R) have never got on, doubtful we ever will.
TFD, lovely ladz, and i still miss the old hardcore group of Syncore'rs

to end, as always in my traditional manner....... NBSI 4TW

oooh Shiny!!!

"Uggs386 > omfg i like little boys"
Joram McRory
Joram McRory

Posted - 2005.09.09 11:40:00 - [29]

Edited by: Joram McRory on 09/09/2005 11:43:02
Edited by: Joram McRory on 09/09/2005 11:42:15
Cartiff - Thats exactly why I loved my time in E-R ^^

An excellent attitude - this is a game lets have fun.

It's just when it all get's blown out of proportion and becomes personal that makes me sad. I have no aspirations of brokering a peace between ASCN and NBSI. I just wish the apparently "real" hatred would go away

Joram

Joram McRory
Joram McRory
Caldari
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2005.09.09 11:40:00 - [30]

Edited by: Joram McRory on 09/09/2005 11:43:02
Edited by: Joram McRory on 09/09/2005 11:42:15
Cartiff - Thats exactly why I loved my time in E-R ^^

An excellent attitude - this is a game lets have fun.

It's just when it all get's blown out of proportion and becomes personal that makes me sad. I have no aspirations of brokering a peace between ASCN and NBSI. I just wish the apparently "real" hatred would go away

Joram

My Photography site

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240328/0407
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.