| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tamu Vos
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 21:36:00 -
[91]
Dammit was supposed to be me sorry, Im bob banks :D
_______________________________________________
FIX THE BLOODY DRONES - SIGN HERE |

Kular
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 21:38:00 -
[92]
Yes I love it!
Compared to "skills" in WOW EvE is great.
EVE= thinking and learning through experience WOW= grinding 24/7 to be the "best" with no real skill For God, Empire, and Sarum! |

Kular
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 21:42:00 -
[93]
Originally by: Wotann Edited by: Wotann on 02/02/2006 19:46:31 Edited by: Wotann on 02/02/2006 19:44:44 I like the Eve skill system, the only "critic" that i have to say is that it is too slow...maybe make it faster isn't a bad idea...
Heh skills might seem to be slow now, but just remember most of us that have been here 2-3 years had to learn all the skills you guys are now BEFORE the Advanced learning, and vast majority of implants we're in the game.
When I started it took a good 3-4 months minimum to train for a battleship. Now I hear people jumping into them 2-3 weeks... into the game! For God, Empire, and Sarum! |

Tamu Vos
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 21:43:00 -
[94]
Originally by: Kular Yes I love it!
WOW= grinding 24/7 to be the "best" with no real skill
I disagree, there is skill in WoW, it takes time to master it and understand it... and get the hang of doing more than the basics...
_______________________________________________
FIX THE BLOODY DRONES - SIGN HERE |

Kular
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 21:56:00 -
[95]
I disagree, sure you can win tons of duels with knowledge of your char, even be the best killer in a BG, but at the end of the day you know who the GrandMarshall for the week is...?
Thats right whichever person(team) does BG 24/7 that week... So yes there are skills to it, but Grinding is 90% of the game( at 60) For God, Empire, and Sarum! |

Himser
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 22:09:00 -
[96]
I'm a fairly new player, and the one thing I really dislike about Eve is the skill system. I have a ton of time to kill playing an MMO, but Eve's skill system caters more to casual players. It's frustrating for me to put in long hours playing and not be able to have any additional advancement to show for it. Right now I've got more ISK than I can ever hope to use within the next 6 months just because I have to wait for skills to train.
It would be better if performing an action had a chance of adding a small amount of skill points in the associated skill ie: every time I fire a medium laser thereĈd be a .001% chance of gaining some SP in medium lasers. That could work along side the current skill system to keep everyone happy.
|

Manfred Doomhammer
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 22:16:00 -
[97]
Originally by: Himser I'm a fairly new player, and the one thing I really dislike about Eve is the skill system. I have a ton of time to kill playing an MMO, but Eve's skill system caters more to casual players. It's frustrating for me to put in long hours playing and not be able to have any additional advancement to show for it. Right now I've got more ISK than I can ever hope to use within the next 6 months just because I have to wait for skills to train.
It would be better if performing an action had a chance of adding a small amount of skill points in the associated skill ie: every time I fire a medium laser thereĈd be a .001% chance of gaining some SP in medium lasers. That could work along side the current skill system to keep everyone happy.
as mentioned before, they had that in for a brief period, but what could you say, it got exploited nearly instantly, resulting in CCP taking that SP gain through usage out again, wich was a wise decission actually. we dont want to have macroers not only gain a ton of isk, but also a ton of skillpoints they could use to increase their sells when they get rid of their accounts on ebay (wich is of course against the eula) ----
Manfred Doomhammer CEO ShadowTec Inc.
|

Torg Jupiter
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 22:30:00 -
[98]
60 % yes. theres other things to complain about, but not quite the skill system.
|

Galifardeua
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 22:39:00 -
[99]
Love the system. I hate when on other MMORPGs it's too hard to play with friends because of level differences.
|

Mortelli
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 22:44:00 -
[100]
I'd like to see some kind of mixed system of the two.
|

Spyder Monkey
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 22:46:00 -
[101]
I love the system as it is. I don't care how realistic or not it is. For me, it removes the wack-a-mole aspect and allows me to play the game without always thinking about improving a certain skill for an hour, then another skill for an hour.
|

Tamu Vos
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 23:17:00 -
[102]
I bet that the people who like it are older than the people who dont like it...
eve is a mature persons (I did write man but I thought it would **** someone off) game, people with a lot less time and different views that us young'uns!
/me was 18 not too long ago
_______________________________________________
FIX THE BLOODY DRONES - SIGN HERE |

Shirei
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 23:22:00 -
[103]
Please keep it as it is, there are enough sense-less level-grind games around.
|

Pihls XIIX
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 23:30:00 -
[104]
Edited by: Pihls XIIX on 02/02/2006 23:30:54 I vote stay as it is.. too see anyone got some wierd desire too turn eve into some "space wow" I started playing EVE becouse of the unic system as EVE have. With skills
'working' class' I wounder shall the other part be social takers hu?
I would just drop all my accounts if ccp even did anything remotly close too other exp brr
__________________________________ Freighter hauler His free time goes to dating girls
|

Kim Chee
|
Posted - 2006.02.02 23:47:00 -
[105]
yep, it works.
With purely xp based skill training, there's always the danger of people "power-leveling" up to the top while spending very little real effort. A character shouldn't be able to fly a Titan 3 days after they create their character.
I also like the real-time aspect because on those occasions that I *do* have to be away from the game, I don't feel like I'm slipping back. I set a long skill training and can still accomplish something, even if I can't play for a while.
Vila Restal: I'm entitled to my opinion. Kerr Avon: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.
|

Tenacha Khan
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 00:03:00 -
[106]
I vote to kieep it the way it is.
People always try to find a grind in eve
|

hydraSlav
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 18:46:00 -
[107]
As one of those "working class" of players, i love EVE's skill system. When i come from work, i dont have to grind my way to advance, i can actually PLAY the game i am paying for.
|

Vendris Saral
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 20:43:00 -
[108]
I think it's a very interesting approach to handling skills in an MMO. Overall, I like the approach, and can't come up with a solution I personally like better.
It's hard, being new and drooling over tech 2 assault frigates and interceptors that will take me months to train for. On the other hand, it's great to play the game as much or as little as I want, and do whatever I feel like doing when I log in, without having to worry about grinding for experience.
|

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 20:55:00 -
[109]
i'm happy as it is \ /
|

Dianabolic
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 21:23:00 -
[110]
Originally by: Himser I'm a fairly new player, and the one thing I really dislike about Eve is the skill system. I have a ton of time to kill playing an MMO, but Eve's skill system caters more to casual players. It's frustrating for me to put in long hours playing and not be able to have any additional advancement to show for it. Right now I've got more ISK than I can ever hope to use within the next 6 months just because I have to wait for skills to train.
It would be better if performing an action had a chance of adding a small amount of skill points in the associated skill ie: every time I fire a medium laser thereĈd be a .001% chance of gaining some SP in medium lasers. That could work along side the current skill system to keep everyone happy.
Your advantage is that you can make more isk than the casual players. As stated we did used to get an increase for using something that had the skill related to the module, but it was a) abused, and b) not in keeping with the skillsystem itself.
Originally by: Thomas Jefferson A society that will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither
|

Haniblecter Teg
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 21:32:00 -
[111]
Get out of this game OP.
How can you even make a post like that?
I say we ban you and your real account you horrible douche. ---------------------------------------- Friends Forever |

Raeff
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 21:34:00 -
[112]
eve system is great .. maybe take some time off the super long skills, but i'll NEVER go back to the XP grind .. offline skill training ftw
|

Wild Rho
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 21:38:00 -
[113]
I love the skill system in EvE. Most of the reasons why are already posted so I'll not repeat them.
|

Uael
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 21:39:00 -
[114]
As a father of three kids all under the age of 6, my play time can be extremely limited. I LOVE the skill system in EVE. Its one of my favorite features!
Just my 2 cents, since its a poll and all,
/Salute
|

Issalzul
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 21:47:00 -
[115]
It's awesome. I play FFXI and other games quite frequently (Guilty gear marathons with the roomies and whatnot) so my time can be quite limited. Now I have friends who just joined who actually help out in missions. It's very cool.
Plus, I don't have to dedicate hours upon hours grinding. Do a few mish, get isk, sell those components, try a complex, sleep.
Best system ever.
|

Krakkan
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 22:19:00 -
[116]
Edited by: Krakkan on 03/02/2006 22:21:00 I like the time based system for eve a bit frustrating training high lvl skills that takes forever and not gaining anything noticable from it though..
I like skill based systems the most(the ones in UO etc. NOT wow/exp system). perfect and the most real system. wouldnt fit a space game i think 
|

Szordin
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 22:32:00 -
[117]
I like the way the skill system works, however I have to agree with the other stating the fact that too much stuff requires lvl 5. If this game required an xp grind I wouldn't be playing it.
It seems like any new piece of equipment or skill requires lvl 5 in 1 or more skills. example: tractor beams: engineering and science lvl 5? Comeon thats a bit much for such a simple module.
So the game has kinda come to the point where its basicly you just go through the list training everything to lvl 5 in whichever order suits your goal. Its not an option to leave anything at lvl 4 anymore because if you want to use any new ship or module you will need lvl 5 in a few skills.
|

Kaylana Syi
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 23:17:00 -
[118]
Originally by: Laura Briggs As Harry says, I have no problem with the system. It's just the requirements to get into some ships or to use certain equipment are ridiculous. It shouldn't take MONHTS to get into a ship. ANY SHIP. There are already enough detterents to getting into a ship you like, such as ISK and/or minerals. Also, you have to be able to outfit your ship once you get it. Not to mention any other misc. skills you might need on the way.
What about dreads? Or carriers? Or Mothershps? You think a 1 month old n00blet should be able to fly one? I think every alt in the game who's main has deep pockets [read as a ****e load of peeps] would have them. Talk about throwing the balance out with the baby!
Originally by: "Oveur" I don't react to threats any better than you do
|

Sochin
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 23:20:00 -
[119]
Besides the pvp, EVE's skill system is the games best feature.
Nemo me impune lacessit
|

Bbllaarrgg
|
Posted - 2006.02.03 23:23:00 -
[120]
Originally by: Haniblecter Teg Get out of this game OP.
How can you even make a post like that?
I say we ban you and your real account you horrible douche.
I dont think the OP expressed any opinion either way, he was simply asking for yours  
I like it as it is. _________________________
Insert fnord here. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |