| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. 16 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Amaril
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 20:17:00 -
[31]
Six, I found a bug. +5 implants don't show up as having any effect xD. Oh, and sending a donation next time I login. This program is exceptional! --------- Want to purchase a T2 Ice Mining Barge, the Mackinaw? Contact me ingame via EVEmail or post here. |

Six Anari
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 20:35:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Amaril Six, I found a bug. +5 implants don't show up as having any effect xD.
I wasn't even aware there are +5 implants, I thought +3 was as high as they went. :o
Could you check the Character XML from the EVE-O website (under "My Character") and make sure your implant is listed there; and if it's not too much trouble, email me a copy of it at [email protected] so I can see exactly what's going on. Feel free to edit out any other stuff you want to keep secret, all I really need is the implant section of the XML.
|

Nate D
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 20:48:00 -
[33]
awesome, thanks for the save as info... now for the ftp uploader is that planned?
-Nate
P.S. There are also +4 implants...
|

Podme Imanoob
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 21:05:00 -
[34]
I just installed this app, it is wonderful! I am curious about the server for the IGB, is that supposed to only work in the IGB, or should I be able to view it with any browser? I ask because I am at work ATM and installed the program, but cannot access the server on http://localhost/. And yea, its turned on in the settings hehe.
|

Mantes Baraka
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 21:12:00 -
[35]
Great program and has very useful features. Thank you!
Bad news is that I managed to make it crash :) I have the debug message:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at EVEMon.Common.EveSession.AddImageToCache(String url, Image i) in C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Fries\Desktop\EveCharacterMonitor\EVEMon.Common\EveSession.cs:line 503 at EVEMon.Common.EveSession.<>c__DisplayClass6.<GetImageAsync>b__3(EveSession s, Image i) in C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Fries\Desktop\EveCharacterMonitor\EVEMon.Common\EveSession.cs:line 465 at EVEMon.Common.EveSession.GotImage(IAsyncResult ar) in C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Fries\Desktop\EveCharacterMonitor\EVEMon.Common\EveSession.cs:line 529 at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponse(Exception E) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetAndOrProcessResponse(Object responseOrException) at System.Net.ConnectionReturnResult.SetResponses(ConnectionReturnResult returnResult) at System.Net.Connection.CompleteConnectionWrapper(Object request, Object state) at System.Net.PooledStream.ConnectionCallback(Object owningObject, Exception e, Socket socket, IPAddress address) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ConnectCallback() at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.RegisteredWaitCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut) at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)
What I did (as I remember): First I installed new .NET runtime libraries (no problems with that). I downloaded the binary zip version and started it. EVEMon wanted to connect to some site, but I denied the access from the firewall. I was checking different things from the skill planner and then opened the ship browser. I opened Assault Ships->Minmatar->Jaguar, glanced at the info and the error message was displayed. Picture of the ship was missing. I guess this has something to do with me denying EVEMon's access from the firewall and the url-string was not set.
Another small thing, ship browser has some tags showing incorrectly. Under the image (which is black at the moment) are fields Name, Hull and Role. "Hull" and "Role" have these <b> and </b> blocks around them. Also EVEMon installation zip (atleast the binary version) has some PDB-files, which aren't needed (atleast in release version, I guess).
But, great application and many thanks!
|

Six Anari
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 21:26:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Six Anari on 05/05/2006 21:36:08
Originally by: Nate D awesome, thanks for the save as info... now for the ftp uploader is that planned?
I can look into what's involved. It'll get prioritized depending on how complicated it is. :p
Originally by: Podme Imanoob I just installed this app, it is wonderful! I am curious about the server for the IGB, is that supposed to only work in the IGB, or should I be able to view it with any browser? I ask because I am at work ATM and installed the program, but cannot access the server on http://localhost/. And yea, its turned on in the settings hehe.
Only works from the IGB currently, you'll just get a blank page from a normal browser, because it doesn't know which character to present plans for.
Originally by: Mantes Baraka EVEMon wanted to connect to some site, but I denied the access from the firewall.
EVEMon tries to connect to four domains in total:
1. myeve.eve-online.com -- to retrieve your character data when you're using live updates 2. www.eve-online.com -- to download ship images 3. img.eve.is -- to download character images 4. evemon.evercrest.com -- to download a "latest version" file so it knows when to provide you with the option of upgrading. If you block this at your firewall, you'll need to check for updates yourself.
It sounds like you might have prevented EVEMon from connecting to #2 above. Obviously it shouldn't have caused a crash and I've fixed it for the next release; but with it blocked you won't see ship images either.
You can safely delete the PDB files if you like (it won't save memory or anything). I left them in the distribution because it makes EVEMon generate a much more detailed error description, including source file names and line numbers which makes it a lot easier to track down reported problems.
|

Waragha
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 22:21:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Waragha on 05/05/2006 22:22:43 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at EVEMon.CharacterMonitor.CalcSkillRemainText() in C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Fries\Desktop\EveCharacterMonitor\CharacterMonitor.cs:line 559 at EVEMon.CharacterMonitor.tmrTick_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Fries\Desktop\EveCharacterMonitor\CharacterMonitor.cs:line 733 at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Getting this aswell, i might have blocked the program with firewall on first run. Now i've allowed it fully and it crashes when i open it :|
You should get a forum for suggestions and bug reporting btw :)
|

Namarus
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 22:43:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Six Anari
Originally by: Amaril Six, I found a bug. +5 implants don't show up as having any effect xD.
I wasn't even aware there are +5 implants, I thought +3 was as high as they went. :o
Could you check the Character XML from the EVE-O website (under "My Character") and make sure your implant is listed there; and if it's not too much trouble, email me a copy of it at [email protected] so I can see exactly what's going on. Feel free to edit out any other stuff you want to keep secret, all I really need is the implant section of the XML.
Implants currently go up to +5.
However, the XML doesn't show if you have +5 implants. I've petitioned it and bug reported it several times. Still no fix.
|

Ledneh
|
Posted - 2006.05.05 22:55:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Namarus
Originally by: Six Anari
Originally by: Amaril Six, I found a bug. +5 implants don't show up as having any effect xD.
I wasn't even aware there are +5 implants, I thought +3 was as high as they went. :o
Could you check the Character XML from the EVE-O website (under "My Character") and make sure your implant is listed there; and if it's not too much trouble, email me a copy of it at [email protected] so I can see exactly what's going on. Feel free to edit out any other stuff you want to keep secret, all I really need is the implant section of the XML.
Implants currently go up to +5.
However, the XML doesn't show if you have +5 implants. I've petitioned it and bug reported it several times. Still no fix.
Stop making my +2 set feel so inadequate please :cry:
Also, adding my "this program is the hots" comment. Six deserves every isku you can give 'em. So hop to! ----------
It's a lazor ninja. What? |

Amaril
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 00:04:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Amaril on 06/05/2006 00:03:59 Yes what Namarus said is correct...it doesn't appear to show +5 implants in the XML data. Guess I'll petition it myself also, and just wait until they get it sorted. --------- Want to purchase a T2 Ice Mining Barge, the Mackinaw? Contact me ingame via EVEmail or post here. |

Glavonja
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 00:38:00 -
[41]
Am also getting the null.exception error and it crashes on start, as the xml file I'm importing isn't for the first of my characters. 
Is there a way to manually fix this, or do I have to wait for an update?
|

Valarkin
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 01:02:00 -
[42]
Me again...
Would it be possible to implement:
1) Removing skills from the queue by highlighting (singly or in a group) and hitting delete? 2) Adding skills to the queue by double clicking? The current: select, right click, select is kinda tedious.
and
It seems the algorithm for suggesting skills drops the ball when it comes to the Advanced learning skills... I managed to shave 2 hours off the queue time simply by reordering it according to This List by Tripoli. Mind you, it was 2h saved over a total span of 24days 17hours, but I thought you'd like to know. 
|

Kira Natel
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 02:32:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Glavonja Am also getting the null.exception error and it crashes on start, as the xml file I'm importing isn't for the first of my characters. 
Is there a way to manually fix this, or do I have to wait for an update?
Same problem for me also :(
|

xgalaxy
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 07:37:00 -
[44]
I too have been using this program for about a month. It is constantly being updated and is already much better than other character planners that have been out for awhile now. -- xgalaxy |

Muaddid
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 09:02:00 -
[45]
whats the "save" button for exaclty ? because when i use it, i get this
Quote: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at EVEMon.CharacterMonitor.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Tim Fries\Desktop\EveCharacterMonitor\CharacterMonitor.cs:line 778 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
also this is after using the xml version, which doesnt save the info of the current skill being trained, so i assume the pop up saying "skill completed" as shown in your screenshots cant happen ?
|

Mike Yagon
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 10:20:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Mike Yagon on 06/05/2006 10:22:52 Reckon it's possible to popup a window that alerts me when my skill is nearly complete, like, 5 minutes in advance? That'll allow me to log on and change my skill on time without having to do any tedious email waiting. :)
Ah and maybe allow me to access the localhost server through my LAN as well. Currently getting connection refused if I try and access it through my PC which is running EVE. I use my laptop for skill planning and stuff.
|

Six Anari
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 11:27:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Muaddid also this is after using the xml version, which doesnt save the info of the current skill being trained, so i assume the pop up saying "skill completed" as shown in your screenshots cant happen ?
That's correct. That notification can only pop up when it's using live data it grabs from EVE-O itself.
I'm going through with a fine tooth comb to dig out the NullReferenceException errors when you're using a saved XML instead of live data. The ability to use Saved XML was a pretty recent addition into the code base so it's still a little rough around the edges, but I'll probably push out an update today that fixes it.
And for the +4 and +5 implants not showing in your character info, I'll add an interface that will let you manually add implants to your character, so at least you can stick them on there yourself.
|

Skunkaben
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 11:56:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Skunkaben on 06/05/2006 11:58:14 Edited by: Skunkaben on 06/05/2006 11:56:54 excellent programme, i really like the 'send an email when training complete' feature, and cant wait for the ship fitting tool!
i have a problem, i want to add a drones plan. I add heavy drones 5, which i have 11day left, but the prog has it to at 24 days. Like i havent started it.
How do i get around this?
Thanks
Just seen the post above , however the update hasnt fixed it
|

Six Anari
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 12:03:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Skunkaben I add heavy drones 5, which i have 11day left, but the prog has it to at 24 days. Like i havent started it.
Are you letting EVEMon get the character data directly from EVE-O, or did you load up a saved character XML file? A lot of features can only work when it's getting the data itself.
|

Shiho
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 15:09:00 -
[50]
Just want to post my complete endorsement of this program :)
It rocks in every way possible and Six is unbelievably fast in getting updates out.
|

fmercury
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 15:26:00 -
[51]
I can personally attest to the quality of this program.
|

Soupy Twist
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 17:22:00 -
[52]
Just chiming in with appreciation for this program, it's a great help being able to check up on training times and arrange a schedule when I find myself too busy to log in. Easy to use, works a treat. Get it now! ...
|

delta2zero
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 17:25:00 -
[53]
Quote: Live Displays: All skill and training time displays throughout EVEMon are live. They automatically update as your training progresses.
does that mean it constantly asks the server for data almost? there was once a char manager that did that and it turned out it was causing alot of issues with the server at the time.
|

Ledneh
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 17:28:00 -
[54]
Originally by: delta2zero
Quote: Live Displays: All skill and training time displays throughout EVEMon are live. They automatically update as your training progresses.
does that mean it constantly asks the server for data almost? there was once a char manager that did that and it turned out it was causing alot of issues with the server at the time.
As I understand it from my (brief) reading of the source and watching the program, it seems that EVE-O's cache only updates every hour anyway. The rest is just EVEMon ticking off the seconds on your current skill, and checking the online XML file in an hour.
So, no.  ----------
It's a lazor ninja. What? |

Six Anari
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 18:23:00 -
[55]
Originally by: delta2zero does that mean it constantly asks the server for data almost?
No, it checks hourly. But saved character XML files don't contain any information about what skill you're currently training; nor are they generally updated often enough for keeping track of what you're currently training to be of any use anyway.
|

Nova Cygni
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 20:36:00 -
[56]
Just here to make it clear that Six is a god among men. This program is increadibly useful in a huge variety of ways.
|

Namarus
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 22:24:00 -
[57]
Very nicely presented program.
I'd like to suggest a number of features.
Report features, like getting a list of all your skill levels compressed into a few lines. (eg 78 Level 5 skills, 100 level 4 skills, etc....)
That +5 or higher implant feature would be really nice, since it calcs everything wrong for me, since I have all +5s.
Being able to sort the skill list, from top to bottom, by training time, so you can see the fastest skills that can be improved.
I really like your approach to the skill monitor program, very slick presentation. I like the way you can queue up at a click of a button the skills required to use a ship, perhaps an option for modules could be added??
10M isk coming your way for your efforts. This was what I was hoping that Eve Character Manager would evolve to. However, it's been so long it seems that utility has died.
|

Uncarian
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 22:30:00 -
[58]
Excellent program. :D
By the way, when queueing up learning skills. Will the extra +1 attribute calculation when the next skill is trained? ----
Boh! |

Ledneh
|
Posted - 2006.05.06 22:40:00 -
[59]
Edited by: Ledneh on 06/05/2006 22:40:27
Originally by: Namarus Very nicely presented program.
I'd like to suggest a number of features.
Report features, like getting a list of all your skill levels compressed into a few lines. (eg 78 Level 5 skills, 100 level 4 skills, etc....)
That +5 or higher implant feature would be really nice, since it calcs everything wrong for me, since I have all +5s.
Being able to sort the skill list, from top to bottom, by training time, so you can see the fastest skills that can be improved.
I really like your approach to the skill monitor program, very slick presentation. I like the way you can queue up at a click of a button the skills required to use a ship, perhaps an option for modules could be added??
10M isk coming your way for your efforts. This was what I was hoping that Eve Character Manager would evolve to. However, it's been so long it seems that utility has died.
I think he said he's working on a module skill calculator. Like, next major patch, or something. Not sure though.
The sorting thing is, I think, coming in the next patch too.
As for the implants, best thing I figure to work would be to put whatever you're training into a plan all it's own, then open the Implant calculator and set them all to +5 to see what difference it makes. Not a permanent solution, and not perfect, but it's better than nothin' ;)
(edit) Yep, the module dependency planner was mentioned at the top of this page ----------
It's a lazor ninja. What? |

Mystiel Raleigh
|
Posted - 2006.05.07 08:57:00 -
[60]
I've been using this almost since its inception and it's leaps and bounds beyond ECM.
One feature request: I liked in ECM you could see how many skillpoints you earned hourly. Any chance of that in EVEMon?
Regardless, great work biznatchio.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. 16 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |