| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lady Ghoulia
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:10:00 -
[1]
the main reason for posting on the forum is that you're whining about something, which is why it feels that there's a bad mood game-wide. forums dont reflect the community
|

000Hunter000
Gallente Dummy Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:10:00 -
[2]
yep... scared, scared that eve will be going down the tubes fast soon, oh yeah the number of people online at once is going up almost every sunday but for how long? How long till the negative feelings get the upper hand and drives people away?
After observing the forums for quite some time i'm noticing the general mood is going downhill, people fed up with lag, crashes and hidden changes and the new thing seems to be the gloomy idea that the china cluster is now the new kid on the block and were the ignored stephchild... not very good publicity it seems.
I've been activly playing this game for almost 2.5 years now and i've had ups and downs and not planning to quit for quite some time but the forums where never as bad as they are these days with negativity and this concerns me.
So i'm fearing that this is the beginning of the end for this game unless we start pulling it together.
I'd like to see ccp actually postponing Kali in favor of fixing the current issues first. I'd also like to see them starting some sort of poll, before u fix it shouldn't u actually try to find out if people would like to see it 'fixed'? U can't rely on a few hotheaded posts on the forum imo and i sure hope ccp isn't making decisions on those alone.
So give me your input, would u prefer Kali to be postponed in favor of fixing current problems? Should ccp direct it's path more to the wishes of the players? (remember this might turn out that a majority of people would like to see eve safer and less pvp minded, which is prolly an abomination in the eyes of some but a godsgift in the eyes of others)
Please keep it polite thats all i ask and as for me, i'm sticking to my idea that if it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. (it also gave me a way to vent my concerns a bit )
Fire away guys and have a nice game  Banner will be updated shortly |

Sir Juri
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:14:00 -
[3]
I love the game preach the game for friends and such play it alot!!! but lately im enjoing WOW and getting more and more ****ed of each time I try to play EVE. Patch bla bla expect some minor problems put on long skill... whatever its getting ridiculus now and im actually having my first thoughts ever of quiting. /sigh I lost days now in skill training. If I do leave you can have my stuff.
damn need to make a new sig... |

Asschen
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:15:00 -
[4]
i'd like to seem them scrap the german text bull**** along with other stuff, the server needs better taking care off, not new additions at this time.
|

Tradingjoe
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:17:00 -
[5]
If the future quality we can expect is like the bookmark change, eve is going to be having issues.
|

wierchas noobhunter
Caldari The Collective Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:19:00 -
[6]
tbh eve is going down i think its realy started after exodus, this big comunity is not good thing and atm what ccp is triing to do is just remove solo/small scale pvp tbh i realy waiting for kali and if will be as i think i gona leave eve ...
Hey i get paid to be ebil - Xorus I don't - Imz0r |

Sir Juri
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:23:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Sir Juri on 03/09/2006 21:25:57
Yeah whining we are... but we have damn right to whine now. Man we should all be able to expect atleast a "running" patch before its deployed. Yes glitches bugs but this **** is ridiculus. Siriously its very very bad. And you keep fixing fixes over and over, is it gonna blow up soon? And this skill system is great... but when I loose training time cause you cant keep the server up its very annoying. Blah /rant
wait.. all this now for bookmarks? BOOKMARKS? great my game has been brought down by ppl that copy bookmarks. should I get annoyed by the players or dev's?
damn need to make a new sig... |

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:29:00 -
[8]
I'm not scared for the future of Eve simply because it's only a game. There are a lot of far more important things going on right now that merit fear, a computer game just doesn't rate.
But I do think Eve is skirting around the edge of a dark age right now. It's had issues before but they were resolved fairly quickly and decisively. This time issues are dragging on apparently unattended. Patches are released that kill entire career options..or delayed multiple times. Solutions are proposed that are (sorry to be rude, devs) half-arsed.
Something is going wrong at CCP. I think the game complexity has reached a level that is threatening to overwhelm the devs. It has the feeling of a project that has lost its way (I've seen enough of them in my job). Someone needs to take a step back, reassess and come up with a plan.
It would be nice to think that Kali will pull the game together. I hope that the current issues are because they've been concentrating too much on Kali. I do think that if Kali just sits on top of the current game mechanics it is going to be a failed attempt to shore things up.
We're still a long way from real problems but (with much regret) I no long view Eve as the paragon of MMORPGs. Technologically it's awesome but the game play is shaky. I've got all my fingers and toes crosse for CCP but I really hope they know that their 'baby' is in difficulty and can sort it out. -- (Battle hardened miner)
[Brackley, UK]
WARNING:This post may contain large doses of reality. |

Contralto
Gallente Binary Fringe inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:33:00 -
[9]
Yes I have to agree with the OP I also sense a growing swell of discontent, more than 50% of the threads are venting frustration and the "Quit whining go play Wow trolls" are dwindling. Ive seen game companies close forums when the negativity has reached these levels, it does more harm than good to the noob recruitment.
Anyways to lighten things up here is the link to INONIMATES awesome tale of travel thro Eve with nary a troll to be seen in 25 pages, and equally no whines. INONIMATES Journey thro 0.0
|

Cailais
Amarr THE SEFRIM INSTITUTE
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:35:00 -
[10]
EVEs fine. Its had a new influx of players, some from WoW, SWG and elsewhere, and that player base has different expectations of how a MMO should be. I'm confident CCP are working quietly and purposefully to make EVE an even better game for all. Im sure CCP don't post too often here now becuase quite honestly the 'tone' of posts has become a bit newbish - often just to incite the flame: I mean would you?. But there are still some vets occasionaly posting words of wisdom. When you log in is EVE really all that different from how it was two weeks ago? Two months? No, not really. Sure servers go down, thats the nature of MMOs - they're comparatively new gaming technology, and EVE is at the forefront of that. I hope CCP bring on Kali, and leave the forum winers to do just that. If anything breaks EVE and causes it to fail it won't be CCP, or EVE itself - but the community and if anything needs a patch - its that.
www.sefrim.com
|

Sir Juri
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:36:00 -
[11]
CCP got more then they could bargain for with huge increase of player base, new hardware, patches, upgrades, code branches, MAGAzines, german languages, nerfing, balancing, gencon leipzeig, E3 ,EVE Card, game new personell, hundreds of "future" plans in the works, KALI and ppl copying bookmarks with idiots creating a million petitions about what cake to have with their coffe and bugreporters that ignore everyhting unless "PERFECTLY" written and then they play the game themselves in huge alliances and and, man all im waiting for now is the announcement of the "NGE", New Game Enhancements, or wait allready here?... huh... sorry... /rant over
damn need to make a new sig... |

Price Watcher
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:42:00 -
[12]
The origional poster is right in everything he said.
CCP had better listen to him.
We need a YEAR without ANY 'new content'. Nothing but BUG FIXES.
New content that does not work is WORTHLESS. |

BlackBeard 007
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 21:58:00 -
[13]
Im scared that the constant need (?) to change everything specially the base features will destroy everything, new personel trying to make a page of history in EVE always ends up in changes allot of wich are not needed imo... DONT KILL THE GAME WITH YOUR CHANGING. -----
I offer ISK for a nice sig for me :) |

PeveS
Chosen Path
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:02:00 -
[14]
Originally by: 000Hunter000
So give me your input, would u prefer Kali to be postponed in favor of fixing current problems?
Yes, Kali shoul be postponed. Or it should bring improvements on performance and lag. I dont believe Kali will do. I heared that story now to many times. This looks very the same like last year. They told us we get a patch that makes the game without lag....so much faster! New improved code, new cluster, new database...we get another 4k of players and its even more worse then it was last year.
Originally by: 000Hunter000
Should ccp direct it's path more to the wishes of the players?
They actual do. Peeps whine to much however (im whining also right now :/) When they loose a fight, they whine..Sure the vagabond is fast and almost uncatchable....learn for it and you can fly it also! Or play smart and catch it! Sure EW is Uber. Use a raven with Fof's or Domi with sentry drones. Or a Vagabond to run away :)
Cruise launcher on frig nerfed, Double MWD nerfed, EW nerfed, EW nerfed again soon, to fly a ship nerfed, to login nerfed?
But some things need special attention like lag and performance. This is the base of the game. CCP should always concentrate on that! I dont want more nicer looking ships. If i can choose between a tier 3 BS or less lag, i choose les lag.
O and then the BM's....discussed enough so gues what i would be saying 
|

ObiDoom Kenobi
Gallente Element Eighty
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:03:00 -
[15]
I'm not worried for the future of EVE. I think that the game only appeals to a very specific kind of gamer and can weather any spike in players. In time the developers will find the right balance for the new server population and then we'll wait until the next spike and go through this again for a little while.
As of yet I'm not worried.
|

Archangel Raphael
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:05:00 -
[16]
would i be right in saying that these forums, although there not frequented by every eve player, do represent the a good cross section of the community?
if so, would it not make sense for, a: ccp, to actually put foward their suggestions to any alterations to eve, to the community. weeks in advance, to allow proper discussion and mature debate regarding the suggested changes. and only then do changes that have unanimous backing from the actual player base, get in.
and then b: seeing as "eve" is a community based game with a large community, and that the vast majority live in some sort of democracy. perhaps it wouldnt be a bad idea to elect various ppl who represent the various types of gamers to thrash out the implications of any future alteration on our behalf
|

Verus Potestas
Caldari Fiat Mort
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:09:00 -
[17]
I'm not totally happy with all the directions CCP is taking, and I'd rather they did some other stuff. But that's to be expected, I'm not in contol.
I don't think eve is going downhill because of the numbers of players, I don't think we're being ditched for china, and I'm not planning on quitting at any time soon (unless real life requires it)
Signature removed - please email to find out why (include a link to the original image) - Jacques([email protected]) RAWR!111 Sig Hijackz0r!!11 - Immy |

Contralto
Gallente Binary Fringe inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:11:00 -
[18]
Yes very true I think Eve is safe for the forseable future! But!! as soon as another Space Mmorpg emerges my money is on a mass exodus to sample the new waters, initialy the vast majority of players will keep there Eve accounts so it will turn into a direct compitition for customer service, server stability, game features and playability.
Not polite to mention it here but such a game is in early development stages its called "infinity" and has the early look of a winner. Nuff said or ill get jumped on. by the way the devs here are fully aware of this potential threat and see it as a challenge to improve Eve.
|

Aeaus
Tharsis Security
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:17:00 -
[19]
I doubt they care too much about TQ anymore, it's gone from "We appreciated you," to "Stop whining, and this isn't my problem." CCP care more about China, it's a more profitable (and easier to run) market for them =/
My Guides |

Kari Awn
Minmatar Encina Technologies Namtz'aar k'in
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:18:00 -
[20]
I have no worries about EVE and it's future. This reminds me of EQ when the Kunark expansion came out. People were freaking out thinking that the game itself was runied and it would never be the same EQ again. They were right, it wasn't the same EQ but better. Some people don't like change, they want things to remain familiar to them. As with any game, adding expansions is going to bring about some problems. I have faith that CCP will do this right and in the end EVE will be all the better for it. 
|

Contralto
Gallente Binary Fringe inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:20:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Archangel Raphael would i be right in saying that these forums, although there not frequented by every eve player, do represent the a good cross section of the community?
if so, would it not make sense for, a: ccp, to actually put foward their suggestions to any alterations to eve, to the community. weeks in advance, to allow proper discussion and mature debate regarding the suggested changes. and only then do changes that have unanimous backing from the actual player base, get in.
and then b: seeing as "eve" is a community based game with a large community, and that the vast majority live in some sort of democracy. perhaps it wouldnt be a bad idea to elect various ppl who represent the various types of gamers to thrash out the implications of any future alteration on our behalf
yes nice idea but from what Ive seen of a certain percentage of forum greifers and "profesional" trolls I think discussion would soon degenerate into flamebait and be locked within a few pages by the mods.
|

xeom
Veto.
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:26:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Aeaus I doubt they care too much about TQ anymore, it's gone from "We appreciated you," to "Stop whining, and this isn't my problem." CCP care more about China, it's a more profitable (and easier to run) market for them =/
ummm what? Pretty sure from the charts i saw the china server is failing and TQ is still making them tons more money.
CCP where are our t2 shield power relays? |

Contralto
Gallente Binary Fringe inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:31:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Aeaus I doubt they care too much about TQ anymore, it's gone from "We appreciated you," to "Stop whining, and this isn't my problem." CCP care more about China, it's a more profitable (and easier to run) market for them =/
Cant bring myself to agree with you on this one, Afaik they have recruited a partner company in china to take over the business, actually all foreign owned businesses are required to employ locals so CCp would only provide a skeleton staff to train them and keep an eye on its progress, I lived and worked in china and you may be suprised at just how competent and skilled they are. also the subscriptions are a quarter of those we pay and the servers cost actually more due to shipping and import taxes they are not making oodles of cash. only thing they may gain on is staff salaries are a pittance compared to europe, again offset by hugely inflated costs associated with housing and feeding the few Expat CCP employees. plus of course they will recieve double the income that they would recieve in Iceland or london. I think they are just overwhelmed and havnt planned there recruitment in advance to cope with the doubling of susbscribers in the past year. Only now are they recruiting GM's to defeat the more than 5k backlog in petitions.
|

Eriv Kendri
Caldari Quantum Industries Prime Orbital Systems
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:41:00 -
[24]
Its obvious to me that CCP cares deeply for EvE - so much so I think they put the cart ahead of the horse at times.
I agree with those that think the current issues should be fixed first - the game has incredible appeal to me and I would continue to play it even if it had no new content for quite a while - but the lag and outages will eventually chase me away.
|

Price Watcher
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:42:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Aeaus I doubt they care too much about TQ anymore, it's gone from "We appreciated you," to "Stop whining, and this isn't my problem." CCP care more about China, it's a more profitable (and easier to run) market for them =/
I think we have a winner here!
With the China Cash Cow CCP no longer cares about the rest of us.
We need a YEAR without ANY 'new content'. Nothing but BUG FIXES.
New content that does not work is WORTHLESS. |

000Hunter000
Gallente Dummy Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:55:00 -
[26]
That seems to be a general consensus, lately i've been hearing a lot of people talk about rather seeing ccp fix current problems instead of adding more content.
I'd really like to hear a devs/ccp spokesman view on this, why not fix current problems first instead of adding even more content? Banner will be updated shortly |

Darkrydar
Destructive Influence Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 22:55:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Darkrydar on 03/09/2006 22:57:52
Originally by: 000Hunter000 but the forums where never as bad as they are these days with negativity and this concerns me.

You should have seen it pre-castor.
Add: If this isn't reason enough to ditch the current bookmarking system, what is? It basically now is a game of have and have nots with instajumps. I don;t think that i much better. I have every region with one alt or another but what if I was starting eve today? I'd not be able to get them.
|

Tarri
FACTA NON VERBA
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:04:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Lady Ghoulia the main reason for posting on the forum is that you're whining about something, which is why it feels that there's a bad mood game-wide. forums dont reflect the community
Are you blind? I wasnŠt in empire for a long time but today my alt travelled from Rens to Agil and crashed twice and lagged all the time. Luckily 0.0 is still nice atm but if CCP wants to keep the game running they need to do something about these problems. They need to remove BMs, they need to buy more hardware and they need to focus on bugs and lag and forget about new content for some time or EVE will just die slowly. ----
|

Gift
Amarr Loot
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:06:00 -
[29]
Originally by: 000Hunter000 That seems to be a general consensus, lately i've been hearing a lot of people talk about rather seeing ccp fix current problems instead of adding more content.
I'd really like to hear a devs/ccp spokesman view on this, why not fix current problems first instead of adding even more content?
That consensus has been here since 03.
Pirates of Eve, Join channel "Pirate" Today!
|

wild Ari
Euphoria Released Euphoria Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:10:00 -
[30]
Originally by: 000Hunter000 That seems to be a general consensus, lately i've been hearing a lot of people talk about rather seeing ccp fix current problems instead of adding more content.
I'd really like to hear a devs/ccp spokesman view on this, why not fix current problems first instead of adding even more content?
cause both is handled by different groups. and you dont want to have a 3d artist working on database code, do you?
|

Maya Rkell
Forsaken Empire
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:16:00 -
[31]
Hunter, some of us have felt this way for a while.
General...priorities...
//Maya |

Tarri
FACTA NON VERBA
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:22:00 -
[32]
Originally by: wild Ari
Originally by: 000Hunter000 That seems to be a general consensus, lately i've been hearing a lot of people talk about rather seeing ccp fix current problems instead of adding more content.
I'd really like to hear a devs/ccp spokesman view on this, why not fix current problems first instead of adding even more content?
cause both is handled by different groups. and you dont want to have a 3d artist working on database code, do you?
Hmm, that could be the cause of all the problems...  ----
|

Grey Area
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:28:00 -
[33]
Me, I'm just stubborn. If the day comes when only one person is left in EVE, it will be me. I've invested too much time, effort and money into it now, so even if they take all the empire space out and just turn it into a massive ganking ground for a 1000 strong horde of rampant PVPers, I'll still pay my subscription. I'll just never leave the station, that's all. --- Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Siege
Minmatar Siegecraft Bounty Hunting
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:36:00 -
[34]
Edited by: Siege on 03/09/2006 23:37:39 Edited by: Siege on 03/09/2006 23:36:25
Originally by: Archangel Raphael would i be right in saying that these forums, although there not frequented by every eve player, do represent the a good cross section of the community?
I think otherwise. Folks that are unhappy with the game for whatever reason, or are having problems, are the ones that generally frequent forums. At least, thats the way I see it in the case of most MMO's I've played. This doesn't take away any of the validity of their complaints, which are quite legitimate for the vast majority of the people who are on the forums and upset about something. But they are in the forums because something in the game either prevents them from playing, or makes them angry while playing. And if you check the offical forums for any game, chances are you will see big threads about people being angry about something.
But remember, when at peak, there are 25,000+ players on tranquility. You probably have a single digit percentage of that in the forums at the most. Happy players that are able to play and have the game on their minds are probably playing in one form or another. Yeah, they may come into the forum to check on updates or get advice. They may also have their own issues, but don't feel so strongly that they are going to log off to voice their complaints. They are in-game enjoying the parts they enjoy. After all, if you were enjoying something, would you stop doing it to tell a bunch of strangers how cool it is?
This is why you see so many new posters, and angry ones, when the server goes down. They WERE happy in the game, now they are either unhappy with something in the game or unhappy because they can't be in the game.
Me, I'm probably in the minority on these forums. I love the game. Yeah, there are some minor issues that annoy me, but for the most part I prefer to play. BUT... I'm at work.
|

Akira Kaneshiro
Caldari Perkone
|
Posted - 2006.09.03 23:42:00 -
[35]
I am very excite about the possibility to see this game go BOOM!      ---- sig of truth ---- Stop whining. Deal with it or quit the game. |

RedClaws
Amarr Dragon's Rage
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 00:20:00 -
[36]
oh please the game is fine. Try moving your ass out of jita maybe or shutting down those 3 other accounts you aren't using.
I'm a rathunter in 0.0 space, locals ranging from 1 tot 40 when theres nothing special going on : little to no lag.
Now in combat there is a bit more lag yah but imo bookmarks are the major cause of trouble in eve atm.
I've seen games in a much much worse condition
|

Capt Harlock
Band of Builders Inc. Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 00:32:00 -
[37]
Tbh the only thing i see is the forums becoming more unconstructive and lots of whining yup it is your right to whine and I guess that is the nature of these forums. I read oveur's latest dev blog and it shows that CCP are listening. Most of the legitimate gripes that people have seem to have been taken on board Rome wasn't built in a day the old saying goes. To me Eve is like a toddler learning to walk they fall over alot. I think sometimes we forget how complex this game really is. Eve has really only just begun. Personally due to the issues i've spent a bit more time doing other stuff like fishing, going out drinking, watching movies and spending quality time with the GF in the bedroom. My skills train nicely while I don't play for a bit but i don't mind because if it gets better thats great. If it doesn't then i'll miss this great game terribly but somehow I don't see that happening tbh.Iirc it was hellmar who said CCP have plans/ideas for 10 more years of patches. In a few more years i'll probably quit reading the forums b4 i quit playing eve anyway. 
|

Moelann
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 00:35:00 -
[38]
For me, this has been the 4th weekend in a row that EVE has been close to or unplayable. The lag today was 15 - 30 seconds for anything to happen.
The devs are trying to do too much too fast without fixing the problems as they go. The problems are multiplying exponentially, because of this.
Its great that there were 28K people online today, but, if only half of them are getting good performance, thats not something to be proud of. That is something that needs attention, immediately. It won't impress new customers, either.
I have cancelled my account. Maybe, I will come back and check the game out after 3 or 4 months, depending what I read on these forums. What I am getting now for my 15 bucks a month isn't worth it.
Wake-up CCP !!!
|

Peri Helion
Amarr Omega Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 00:49:00 -
[39]
Originally by: RedClaws oh please the game is fine. Try moving your ass out of jita maybe or shutting down those 3 other accounts you aren't using.
I'm a rathunter in 0.0 space, locals ranging from 1 tot 40 when theres nothing special going on : little to no lag.
Now in combat there is a bit more lag yah but imo bookmarks are the major cause of trouble in eve atm.
I've seen games in a much much worse condition
Well,
I live in 0.0 and I get lagged out in systems with only a few (less than 5 sometimes) just because of the node sharing structure.
I think the OP has some valid points and concerns. Look at the real world. What usually happens to companies that have a queue of Customer Service tickets that is getting longer and not shorter? You begin to lose repeat buyers. Or if the manufacturer issues patches to your software applications that contain "Stealth Code" that suddenly invalidates functionality?
These aren't new or unique incidents specific to CCP. Companies for decades have faced similar problems. Those that can handle it come out the other side with a product that is even better than what they had before.
But the fact remains that despite the best efforts of a great company (no other game company communicates as much as CCP in my experience), they seem to be sliding further down the slope, not climbing. The list of known issues is quite long, and does not seem to get any smaller (my personal pet peeve is the broken bonuses on POS Control Towers).
And now with the recent Dragon Patch, I am once again confused. You mean to tell me it was only after installing Dragon on TQ that CCP became aware of what a problem BM copying was? And this because the default threshold on the jump queue system was left at 85% and not the 95% it was supposed to be? This statement implies that CCP has NO WAY of measuring what game actions or mechanics are impacting their servers. But wait, if that is the case, how did they pinpoint the fact that BM copying is impacting it now? Hmmm. To me it means that either they don't have a means of definitively stating what is causing server lag and they are making an educated guess, or they do know for sure and have all along but haven't taken any action until now. I don't know which is worse, but neither is optimal.
They should be fixing what is broken. Instead they are applying Marketing 102 (and this I can speak of from experience): When customer base starts getting restless and I cant give them fixes for broken functionality, lets give them something shiny and new to distract them. Whether this is what they are really doing or not, who knows. But I can tell you this is what many companies do in situations like this so it is pretty suspicious. Its sort of like a couple whose marriage is on the rocks deciding to have a baby because that will fix what is wrong with the relationship. Instead all it does is bring another person into the same mess as before.
For the record, I have 8 accounts and I will be here until something better comes along (because despite all of this I have vented, this is still the best game arround). But unless CCP addresses this, then it will be that much easier for someone else to come along with something better. And I will happily flush by $100+ a month into someone elses game.
|

Anemus Thuella
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 01:24:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Anemus Thuella on 04/09/2006 01:24:56 Well, I'm a noob who has subscribed for a month so my experience in this game is very limited. But the only dealbreaking things I've encountered so far in this game is the bookmarks and lag.
Yesterday when I attended Agonys PVP-Uni copying those bookmarks that we needed was not fun. Copying from the can to my "people & places" went fine but then copying them back to the container was a nightmare. I couldn't copy directly to the container so I had to copy to my hangar and since they took a long time to appear in my hangar I kind of repeated the copying-thing 2-3 times and ended up with a total mess in my hangar.
Cleaning that up and getting the bookmarks in to the can, so I could return it, was the most crappy thing I've experienced in this game.
The other thing that got some choice swear words out of me was the lag I experienced in one of our battles. Just sitting there and watching events after they had already happened and not being able to do anything about it was frustrating. I shudder to to think of how it might have been had the engagement been larger in scale.
The rest of the game I have found as advertised and alot of fun.
|

Chiron Typhon
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 02:50:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Price Watcher
Originally by: Aeaus I doubt they care too much about TQ anymore, it's gone from "We appreciated you," to "Stop whining, and this isn't my problem." CCP care more about China, it's a more profitable (and easier to run) market for them =/
I think we have a winner here!
With the China Cash Cow CCP no longer cares about the rest of us.
/tinfoil hat
Do you have any idea how absurd all you conspiracy theorists sound to rational people? If I make $100 from one guy and $200 from the next guy do I tell the first guy he's no longer welcome because the other guy is likely to pay me $300 next month? No, I take both lots of business and make $300 this month and $400 next month.
Lump all this stupidity into the same basket as 'zOMG CCP hate PvEers/PvPers and want us to quit" and other such Bizarro World craziness about the secret worldwide CCP-led Illuminati agenda to spoil your online experience. I remember being 14 and stupid but not this stupid or paranoid.
New and smaller by request =p "Draw them in by the prospect of gain, take them by confusion" -Sun Tzu |

Maya Rkell
Forsaken Empire
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 02:52:00 -
[42]
If anyone thinks Eve-China is a major cash cow, they've not done their research.
//Maya |

DaveJ777
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:11:00 -
[43]
A bookmark rewrite would fix much of the lag. Instead of making every single bookmark a separate DB entry, each folder should be a separate entry. Then an entire folder could be copied almost instantly, and then even 1week old noobs will be able to afford them.
This would also fix the problem of losing BM folders when clearing the cache. ___________________________________________ I win eve!
|

Infinity Ziona
Feet Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:13:00 -
[44]
Also playing WoW for fun. EvE just because I can train offline without playing too much. I bet if you had to actually play to advance a lot of people would not. I certainly wouldnt.
Click Me
|

Siege
Minmatar Siegecraft Bounty Hunting
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:16:00 -
[45]
Or how about a system that gives you a viable alternative to instas, that you don't have to worry about folders, copying, buying. Something that everybody has. And it's integrated into the existing gameplay in a seamless way from a player perspective. (Though I am not endorsing 'Warp to 0' here)
Then CCP can worry about the bookmark database without having so many players angry at them if it the bookmarks get nerfed/get changed/get limited, etc....
|

Reiisha
Frontier Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:22:00 -
[46]
Originally by: 000Hunter000 Essay
Bookmarks gone = lots of people happy again.
Some might need a while to get used to not having an I-WIN button, but they'll get over it.
And yes, this is a related reply.
|

alpha seno
UK Corp Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:31:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Chiron Typhon
Originally by: Price Watcher
Originally by: Aeaus I doubt they care too much about TQ anymore, it's gone from "We appreciated you," to "Stop whining, and this isn't my problem." CCP care more about China, it's a more profitable (and easier to run) market for them =/
I think we have a winner here!
With the China Cash Cow CCP no longer cares about the rest of us.
/tinfoil hat
Do you have any idea how absurd all you conspiracy theorists sound to rational people? If I make $100 from one guy and $200 from the next guy do I tell the first guy he's no longer welcome because the other guy is likely to pay me $300 next month? No, I take both lots of business and make $300 this month and $400 next month.
Lump all this stupidity into the same basket as 'zOMG CCP hate PvEers/PvPers and want us to quit" and other such Bizarro World craziness about the secret worldwide CCP-led Illuminati agenda to spoil your online experience. I remember being 14 and stupid but not this stupid or paranoid.
QFT
|

Coasterbrian
Celestial Horizon Corp. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:35:00 -
[48]
It's amazing to me how many people have such short memories. Does anyone remember in the castor days when lots of people were quitting saying "I'll come back when shiva hits"? This is the same thing. Oh, and people are talking about game breaking changes and all that crap. Again, we've seen it before. Cruise missile kessie nerf, people adapted. Dual MWD nerf, people adapted. Thorax drone bay nerf, people adapted. Missile changes, people adapted (despite all the whiners screaming doom and gloom on the forums). Drone changes, people adapted. Insta nerf, people will adapt.
Oh, and the game was far more broken when level 4 missions were isk mines and you could do them with a 1 million skillpoint character in a raven.
Yes, the game has issues, it always has, and it always will. Eve is far too complex to ever be perfect. Hell, the "undocumented features" are part of what makes this game interesting.  ----------
I say what I mean, but I don't always mean what I say. |

Temerlyn
Minmatar STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:37:00 -
[49]
Build a bridge...
Even if the worst happens and eve looses alot of its clientel due to game issues they do have china to keep them money fueled.
Thus the tinfoil hats about china being their main baby now is so sad and stupid its not funny.
If you guys watched the eve-tv broadcasts one of the devs mentioned there was a time when ccp was technically bankrupt and eve almost died, but the blighters pushed through and now have a decent subscriber base and now branching into a market where very few other mogs have truely catered for.
All this leads to money, more money = more people to hire to get things working again and to add more content.
And for those who keep complaining about fixing this and fixing that, your not coders are you. It takes time and deadlines are also there so aspects not deemed critical get left behind. If you have been in the game 3+ years you know this game has improved far beyond what it started out as.
When kali gets released there will be stacks of new things to play with that should hopefully keep us fueled till kali 2 and so on.
Kali for me needs to come out very soon, i am getting bored of whats available and need new stuff. The problems that arise atm are very common and you expect it. For those who think wow is better and such, enjoy your 30min - 1 hour que's, lag, 50 high end raids to get 1 item, repetition of a totally static environment.
|

Skraelingz
Gallente Gallente Federal Bank
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:39:00 -
[50]
Originally by: 000Hunter000 I've been activly playing this game for almost 2.5 years now and i've had ups and downs and not planning to quit for quite some time but the forums where never as bad as they are these days with negativity and this concerns me.
After having played DAoC for 5 years... this is nothing as far as whining goes. take a stop by the VN boards if you dont believe me. -----------------------------------------------
|

Rehmes
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 03:50:00 -
[51]
Well atm i see eve growing and its a positive thing. I believe that the more people we have the better it will be for the game. Ofc witht hat new influx we have less performance out of our server, im sure CCP knows that and im sure their working on it. They are a company and business is what they do, they know that keeping us happy is essential for their survival. They also know how much strain this game can take because they know that the community that plays this game is hardcore and loves this game. Regardless of how many whine threads there are its important to note most of those people still play. CCP knows that there are elements in the game that arent balanced and im sure they know their server may need a boost soon. HOwever keep this in mind:
CCP is currently running many projects (Kali, China, TGC, German lang etc) while refusing to increase the size of their company considerably.
WHY? Because they have a vision and its worked thus far, im sure most of us can say that regardless of the bad times we play ever over any other mmo because its a great game. They dont want to have more people who will distort the vision for the future of this game.
Now with that said i think we just need to give them time, they probably have too much in their hands atm and im sure as a company they will learn from this experience, if not they will surely pay for it.
Now go back to ur corps and kill stuff.....lots of stuff...maybe even raid jita w/e....
|

Death Kill
Caldari direkte
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 05:24:00 -
[52]
Edited by: Death Kill on 04/09/2006 05:25:05 Edited by: Death Kill on 04/09/2006 05:24:35
Originally by: RedClaws
I'm a rathunter in 0.0 space, locals ranging from 1 tot 40 when theres nothing special going on : little to no lag.
Wow, 40 in local and NO lag?  This is the wrong thread to go all 'I live in 0.0 I'm l337'.
I totally agree with Price Watchers signature
We need a YEAR without ANY 'new content'. Nothing but BUG FIXES.
New content that does not work is WORTHLESS.
Recruitment |

Mr Xzomo
Carebear Industries
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 08:42:00 -
[53]
People are short sightet.
I have been playing for over 2 and a half year. Then you gett some perspective.
Eve on the brink off death ?
When i started playing EVE, there was as most 5000k on a sunday evening.
During periodes in 2004 i was logged out serveral times in an evening also, but CCP fiexed it and they will again.
All you whiners out there, you are like people complaining about how bad you fotboll team are playing, but you cant even hit a ball yourself.
If you think they (CCP) aren't clever enough, buy a ticket and go to Island and help them yourself. Its not Notepad.exe we are talking about here ppl, Its far more bigger&complicated than any game world ever constructed.
Im sure they are doing all they can and more. You whiners are angry with ppl trying to help you.
These problems will pass !
/Mr Xzomo
|

Crumplecorn
Gallente Aerial Boundaries Inc. Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 08:48:00 -
[54]
CCP are doing a lot of work on the game, and the result is that it isn't available 23/7 right now?
I can live with it.
And TBH I played Eve all my free time weekend just gone, in a combination of empty 0.0 and Jita itself, and it wasn't really that bad.
Just need to find something else to do when I'm disconnected. ----------
|

Magnum III
Journey On Squad
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 09:00:00 -
[55]
Edited by: Magnum III on 04/09/2006 09:02:01 Edited by: Magnum III on 04/09/2006 09:01:16 They told you guys 15,000 times they have teams on new content and some on fixing stuff and the do not intermingle as it were.
So... SHUT IT!!!
Originally by: Price Watcher The origional poster is right in everything he said.
CCP had better listen to him.
That is what they did with SWG.
This game is fine.
Forums are for loser whiners and people who want a little info every once in a while.
Play it like it or forget it, just like any other MMORPG.
|

Chewan Mesa
Beagle Corp
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 09:26:00 -
[56]
I agree, the forums are not representative for the eve community...if it was the game would be dead by now.
Its an experience I made already, you read the forums too much and suddenly think that EVE goes downhill...then I spend a weekend with my corp on ops pwning people in 0.0 and realize its still as fun as always.
Sure there is lag, but its not the end of all days.
|

Slaaght Bana
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 10:15:00 -
[57]
The quality control situation of the rollouts needs to be improved. Too many unplanned changes seem to creep in.
The system jump queues, the German localisation that was supposed to be language change only but actually stopped a patch from going ahead.
CCP really need to sit back, take a deep breath, and take a good overall view of the situation and fix whatever is outstanding before attemting Kali.
Kali sounds like a major change. Way bigger than Dragon, and it doesn't bear thinking about how badly this could go wrong with the current QA on rollouts.
Hell, if it's due to the lack of testing on Singularity then close Tranquility for a day about a week before the patch to force people to test code. It would certainly be preferable to the current state if TQ.
|

LaCoHa
Acerbus Vindictum
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 10:38:00 -
[58]
Another thing - EVE age requirement: You should have to be at least 18 to play this game. Teenagers kill games like eve (ok maybe 16, but you'd have to pass some sort of gaming maturity test). 
|

Caztra Tor
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 11:03:00 -
[59]
I will second the age requirement/maturity test.
The deal is that there are some very real issues with lag and playability of the game right now. But with the large influx of players from those "other" mmo's, this difficult time is being exploited by them to seek an actual change in the game mechanics themselves. Although this thread has some good points, the n00bs are using the discontent to seek changes such as a reduction of the loss from death.
You have been playing this game long enough to know that CCP is well aware of what is expressed on these boards. Your memory should be one of cooperation between CCP and its players. Indeed, a sense of responsiveness. Then again, maybe they hired someone from SWG or something and things have changed.
I would expect intelligent, objective, cool headed analysis of any problem from someone who has played eve for over a year.
Caztra Tor
|

James Lyrus
Lyrus Associates Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 11:03:00 -
[60]
Patch = instability = flaming = hostile community.
Nowt more than that. I reckon there's a few things in eve that bug me a bit, but in general it's going from strength to strength.
|

Liberty Belle
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 11:35:00 -
[61]
I think its just the influx of people that has made the most impact on the forums; anyone looked at the bios of most people lately? How many of them are less than 6 months old? ALOT. They are most likely coming from other games that have the attention span of a few months and then get old.
I'll moan and whine some in the game when it gets laggy, but I'm just getting old and senile as I near 30 anyways. I recognize my disconent for what it is and log back on about 15 minutes after my tirade. Despite the crashing and bugs right now, this game never gets old in content just by design and I know they will get fixed eventually. Its a big world, EVE is - noone said being gods of a virutal universe was going to be easy 
I've never been happier with a game, nor have I ever had one to keep me interested more than a month or so. I know there are alot more people here like me, and even though there will be some newbies here who won't be able to handle the bugs and will eventually run away, there will be just as many who are enveloped by the depth of the game and the relative ease in which you can manage it - they will be EVE-ers for life! 
Fare-Thee-Well
Belle
|

var'ulfur
Caldari blackwater
|
Posted - 2006.09.04 11:35:00 -
[62]
Thier realy is nothing anyone can say to change somones mind about somthing.And we as people always think what is best for us is best for all.
I guess i see things diffrently i may be wrong but many players that post here pvp and run in 0.0 space. You think well if i have to waite at a gate to jump it ruins my game,and omg the lag makes the game unplayable. But we never take into account that thier are 27,689 others playing at the same time.
I bet not 1% are game makers or code writers you just want if fixed now darn it.Well it dose not work that way welcome to the real world. CCP needs one thing time to get use to the huge influx of players,time to fix mistakes that are made and we all make them. Maybe if we all stop thinking about what we want right now and think of the 27,688 people playing the game things would get better.
Oh i know the sky is falling and the game is doomed well im not chicken little and the sky will be thier tommaro and so will this game. and if all who post here saying thier leaving leave the game will still be here as well.
wont insult you with the can i have your stuff,but after you go and see what other games are out thier you will be back im sure
talk is cheap the cost of action is enormus
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |