Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 12:28:05 - [61] - Quote

Steijn wrote:
Fenglorian Egivand wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Steijn wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Your corp name might be a result of your entirely unreasonable attitude to a completely unscheduled event that we're working as fast as we can to resolve.

Post constructively, or don't post at all.

are todays problems caused by the work you did on monday/tuesday?

It doesn't appear to be the case. Monday and Tuesday were hardware and firmware changes, as far as I can tell this is a code deployment issue that we're looking into, and is unconnected Smile

Hmm, the twitter says it's a short-notice hardware thing.

sometimes i do wish the left hand would talk to the right hand. Lol

You have talking hands?
Syjeklye
Syjeklye
The Knights Templars
Dark Knights of Eden

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 12:29:26 - [62] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
if there's going to be consecutive extended downtimes..

can we PLEASE at least move the times around a bit!

right smack in the middle of prime playing time for AU time zone :-(

Migrate to a real country

yeeeaaa.... naaaa

quite happy down under thanks.... ;-)

cop the downtime every other time fine.... but 6+ hours down in 3 days is a little annoying

Yeah tell that bludger to mind his own bizzo .
Raven Eisenhorn
Raven Eisenhorn
Guardians of the Gate

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:30:09 - [63] - Quote

Wouldnt be too bothered, just that I set aside this time to make isk while the wardeccers are sleeping, shame. To find the servers down is depressing Sad . Please save her life ccp I love it too much P.
MadDan ermygod
MadDan ermygod
Nourwolf Corporation
Fortis Et Certus

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:30:19 - [64] - Quote

Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:

Server downtimes are on a scheduled basis which is the way it should be. When the servers are down and under maintenance is when they are able to identify the issue and fix it, it would be illogical to bring the servers back up and then bring them back down again during the time frame they have the biggest player base trying to log on just to satisfy a minority of the player base.

fairly certain it could be moved back a few hours.... will make it earlier in the us... (doubt many people will be playing at 3-5am.. depending on which side your on of course)

frees up prime time here and even skips prime time in EU
Silverbackyererse
Silverbackyererse
The Church of Awesome
Caldari State Capturing

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:30:53 - [65] - Quote

Steijn wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:
i don't know how long will this take and probably even you don't know how long this will take.

what i know is that no one is happy about an unannouced dt extension. you can't promise us for 30mins and make it to a god-knows-when finish.

we want compensations, no excuse, and no debates.

Your corp name might be a result of your entirely unreasonable attitude to a completely unscheduled event that we're working as fast as we can to resolve.

Have some rep for making me ROFL. Lol
Cedric Rochester
Cedric Rochester
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:31:20 - [66] - Quote

Black Ambulance wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:
i don't know how long will this take and probably even you don't know how long this will take.

what i know is that no one is happy about an unannouced dt extension. you can't promise us for 30mins and make it to a god-knows-when finish.

Post constructively, or don't post at all

This should apply to CCP as well .

example

A joke is far different from a post meant to insult.

Not to mention, you can see he's continuing to work despite the fire. So really, he's saying they're working despite complications.
Rather professional, and comical.

Nice attempt at a strawman argument, however, on your part. Move along.
Ling Gong Chen
Ling Gong Chen
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:31:25 - [67] - Quote

i care the least what you comment my complaining.

the server is down. there is no game to play. you made this game for people to play. you fail to fix the game you fail your job. when you fail your job, you will get complaining from people who play this game. pure and simple.

i don't care being a jerk but there must be someone who stands out and start to remind ccp that customers are having unhappy mood. you expect everyone keeps theire manners and stay quite for your mistake? sorry that is not how the reality goes.
Syndiaan
Syndiaan
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:31:39 - [68] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:

Server downtimes are on a scheduled basis which is the way it should be. When the servers are down and under maintenance is when they are able to identify the issue and fix it, it would be illogical to bring the servers back up and then bring them back down again during the time frame they have the biggest player base trying to log on just to satisfy a minority of the player base.

fairly certain it could be moved back a few hours.... will make it earlier in the us... (doubt many people will be playing at 3-5am.. depending on which side your on of course)

You seem to have missed the concept of unscheduled, when the servers were brought down is when the issue was found.
Steijn
Steijn
Quay Industries

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:32:12 - [69] - Quote

Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
You have talking hands?

only when i have socks on them.
Cyinii Erkkinen
Cyinii Erkkinen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:32:24 - [70] - Quote

Cedric Rochester wrote:
My guess is that the devs take a smoke-break every time someone makes a douchey comment about something they're obviously working to fix.

It's what I do when dealing with spoiled brats whining about things they don't even understand. Roll

you mean it's wrong to be annoyed about unscheduled denial of a service people paid for?
Bastilla Tivianne
Bastilla Tivianne
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Sanctuary Pact

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:32:30 - [71] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:

World wide game... that would make it inconvenient for someone else... someone is always going to be troubled by something so big... get over it
Aribeth Thiesant
Aribeth Thiesant
Fluffy Inquisition

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:32:32 - [72] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:

And disturb MUCH biggers audiences like Europe, America or Russia... naaaaa
Mikelos
Mikelos
The Copernicus Institute

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:32:41 - [73] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Mikelos wrote:
Heh, hope it's up in the next 3 hours...I used Hours for PLEX an hour ago. Lol

In the small event that this was to happen, file a ticket and Customer Support will assist you Big smile

I have the worst luck... P
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:32:48 - [74] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:

the server is down. there is no game to play. you made this game for people to play. you fail to fix the game you fail your job. when you fail your job, you will get complaining from people who play this game. pure and simple.

i don't care being a jerk but there must be someone who stands out and start to remind ccp that customers are having unhappy mood. you expect everyone keeps theire manners and stay quite for your mistake? sorry that is not how the reality goes.

Dude. Seriously, It's time to just be quiet.
Tasnala Estidal
Tasnala Estidal
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:33:24 - [75] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:

I mean, you could just step away from the keyboard for a bit and take a walk outside. Eve will be here when you get back from walking off that anger.
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:34:54 - [76] - Quote

Fenglorian Egivand wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Steijn wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:

It doesn't appear to be the case. Monday and Tuesday were hardware and firmware changes, as far as I can tell this is a code deployment issue that we're looking into, and is unconnected Smile

Hmm, the twitter says it's a short-notice hardware thing.

It was, then it was a software thing, now it's a software and hardware thing Lol

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

ExInD
ExInD
Vipres'
Templis CALSF

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:35:05 - [77] - Quote

Hello
Sodamn In-sane
Sodamn In-sane
Phorever People

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:35:16 - [78] - Quote

servers packed up and you cant buy pentium 1 from anywere now,so i guess we go play star citz,they have real servers
Duramora Kado
Duramora Kado
Mindstar Technology
Get Off My Lawn

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:35:17 - [79] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:

Sounds like you have a solution to your problem: Stop playing.

Can I have your stuff?
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:35:39 - [80] - Quote

CCP Falcon, in other words, you actually have no clue whats wrong :)
MadDan ermygod
MadDan ermygod
Nourwolf Corporation
Fortis Et Certus

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:36:03 - [81] - Quote

Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:

You seem to have missed the concept of unscheduled, when the servers were brought down is when the issue was found.

i'm talking about the concept of having downtime right smack in the middle of a prime time for a region

surely it can be tweaked a little to dodge all the main prime times ;-)

then everyone is happy.... and you dont have an entire region getting pissed off by downtime right smack in the thick of things

Steijn
Steijn
Quay Industries

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:36:06 - [82] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
It was, then it was a software thing, now it's a software and hardware thing Lol

you can BS with the best of them, ever thought of becoming a politician?
Silverbackyererse
Silverbackyererse
The Church of Awesome
Caldari State Capturing

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:36:32 - [83] - Quote

Bastilla Tivianne wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:

World wide game... that would make it inconvenient for someone else... someone is always going to be troubled by something so big... get over it

Can we inconvenience and trouble the middle east instead of asia pacific for a change then?
Stephanie MayGraves
Stephanie MayGraves
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:37:12 - [84] - Quote

I'm guessing server still down,
But i have to say some of the posts i seen im so ashamed of people CCP have brought us an deep truely awesome game and i read posts and topics of people bashing away at CCP when errors happen.
complaining does nothing specially when CCP working hard to sort it and tbh can those who complain fix it prob not.
is it worth waiting for server to be fixed yes cause when it goes back online normally it's fine so instead on folks having a pop at CCP i would like to Thank them for an awesome game and wish them the best in fixing the issue
Raven Eisenhorn
Raven Eisenhorn
Guardians of the Gate

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:37:15 - [85] - Quote

ccp falcon-It was, then it was a software thing, now it's a software and hardware thing Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
Syndiaan
Syndiaan
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:37:36 - [86] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:

i'm talking about the concept of having downtime right smack in the middle of a prime time for a region

surely it can be tweaked a little to dodge all the main prime times ;-)

then everyone is happy.... and you dont have an entire region getting pissed off by downtime right smack in the thick of things

Someone get this guy a global map lol.....
Ygaff Desfois
Ygaff Desfois
QC-PunksNotDead

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:37:47 - [87] - Quote

12:35 still offline

I'm pretty sure it's again the fault of the hamsters or someone called Kenny since 2003 it's always because of them :)
Cedric Rochester
Cedric Rochester
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:38:13 - [88] - Quote

Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
CCP Falcon, in other words, you actually have no clue whats wrong :)

No, they have an idea what's wrong. It would just take longer to explain the specifics of it to you in a manner that you would understand, than it would to go fix the problem. Providing us with need-to-know updates like 'hey we're making progress' or, 'we found a new problem', is simply secondary to the actual problem: fixing the servers so you all stop crying. :p
Hitman 001
Hitman 001
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:38:20 - [89] - Quote

check check FC extended downtime for downtime.
FC copy that
ghostbear Antollare
ghostbear Antollare
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:38:52 - [90] - Quote

Well this is a little disappointing was hoping to do my "Daily" R&D mission before heading off to work
Hopefully the site will be back up by the time I get back home Ugh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,14s, ref 20240328/0634
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.