Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Jon Xylur
Jon Xylur

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.04 22:50:00 - [61]

You can anchor containers in complexes? CCP should make it so thta you can't anchor can't in deadspace. And the stuff in complexes should respawn faster, since the main problem about complex farming appears to be that people who want to do the complex have to wait for hours for a new key carrying rat to spawn.
Faction ships getting more common isn't bad a all: They are ridiculously expensive so nobody uses them. I'm not going to pay 100million for a slightly better than usual frigate that flies backwards.
Jon Xylur
Jon Xylur
Gallente
Aliastra

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.04 22:50:00 - [62]

You can anchor containers in complexes? CCP should make it so thta you can't anchor can't in deadspace. And the stuff in complexes should respawn faster, since the main problem about complex farming appears to be that people who want to do the complex have to wait for hours for a new key carrying rat to spawn.
Faction ships getting more common isn't bad a all: They are ridiculously expensive so nobody uses them. I'm not going to pay 100million for a slightly better than usual frigate that flies backwards.
Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, and not exceeding 24000 bytes, ty - Cortes
Vanye
Vanye

Posted - 2005.08.05 01:31:00 - [63]

You can deploy Secure Cans in Complexes, but you can't anchor them. For some strange reason the cans stay there indefinetely anyway, pretty useless though as you can't set a password...
Vanye
Vanye
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2005.08.05 01:31:00 - [64]

You can deploy Secure Cans in Complexes, but you can't anchor them. For some strange reason the cans stay there indefinetely anyway, pretty useless though as you can't set a password...
Yeux Gris
Yeux Gris

Posted - 2005.08.06 20:50:00 - [65]

farming plexs is bad....

I decided to go on a national tour to find me a head masters key and a stronghold.

I have out 8 of 10 3/10 plexs that had a stronghold.

I cannot see any reason why ppl hord these keys.

It encourages the mad dash after downtime.

ahh well each to thier own :)
Yeux Gris
Yeux Gris

Posted - 2005.08.06 20:50:00 - [66]

farming plexs is bad....

I decided to go on a national tour to find me a head masters key and a stronghold.

I have out 8 of 10 3/10 plexs that had a stronghold.

I cannot see any reason why ppl hord these keys.

It encourages the mad dash after downtime.

ahh well each to thier own :)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Agnar Koladrov
Agnar Koladrov

Posted - 2005.08.07 12:18:00 - [67]

Nowadays I become more and more irritated that I just cannot run complexes because a small group of ppl is farming them to deadeach and every second. It doesn`t give the ordiniary John Doe a chance to find anything nice once in a while.

CCP should add a feature that a character can only run complex X for 1 or 2 times a day and uppen the respawn rate of the everseers significantly.
This is the only way to eliminate farming of complexes.
Agnar Koladrov
Agnar Koladrov
Gallente
Hurricane Corporation

Posted - 2005.08.07 12:18:00 - [68]

Nowadays I become more and more irritated that I just cannot run complexes because a small group of ppl is farming them to deadeach and every second. It doesn`t give the ordiniary John Doe a chance to find anything nice once in a while.

CCP should add a feature that a character can only run complex X for 1 or 2 times a day and uppen the respawn rate of the everseers significantly.
This is the only way to eliminate farming of complexes.

-- What a Revelation! --

Where was the creativty for speed/mass/etc when the tier2 Battlecruisers were designed? Why the same for each race BC?
Boo Yaaaa
Boo Yaaaa

Posted - 2005.08.07 17:48:00 - [69]

I think the 7 day timer would b a good idea.

Also move some of the plexs to .4 or lower, there has been times wen i would love to shoot the campers.
Boo Yaaaa
Boo Yaaaa

Posted - 2005.08.07 17:48:00 - [70]

I think the 7 day timer would b a good idea.

Also move some of the plexs to .4 or lower, there has been times wen i would love to shoot the campers.
JP Beauregard
JP Beauregard

Posted - 2005.08.07 20:05:00 - [71]

Originally by: Agnar Koladrov
Nowadays I become more and more irritated that I just cannot run complexes because a small group of ppl is farming them to deadeach and every second.

The really "fun" part is this: when you get there first, destroy the structure with the next key and actually manage to grab the loot before one of those morons comes alongside to snatch it from you, you get an earful about how that was their key in the first place and what the hell are you doing in their complex anyhow.

Lovely place, space. Full of almost intelligent life.
JP Beauregard
JP Beauregard
Gallente
Pilkington Communications

Posted - 2005.08.07 20:05:00 - [72]

Originally by: Agnar Koladrov
Nowadays I become more and more irritated that I just cannot run complexes because a small group of ppl is farming them to deadeach and every second.

The really "fun" part is this: when you get there first, destroy the structure with the next key and actually manage to grab the loot before one of those morons comes alongside to snatch it from you, you get an earful about how that was their key in the first place and what the hell are you doing in their complex anyhow.

Lovely place, space. Full of almost intelligent life.
Zwick
Zwick

Posted - 2005.08.07 21:41:00 - [73]

Farming for the keys/gear is wrecking the low end complexes, not sure about the high end.

I think the fix is a lot easier then ms tof the proposals I have seen. Change the passkeys so that they can not exist outside of the complex. It would stop the farming of keys.

While not a complete fix, it is or should be easy to implement and improve the current situation.

Zwick
Zwick
Zwick

Posted - 2005.08.07 21:41:00 - [74]

Farming for the keys/gear is wrecking the low end complexes, not sure about the high end.

I think the fix is a lot easier then ms tof the proposals I have seen. Change the passkeys so that they can not exist outside of the complex. It would stop the farming of keys.

While not a complete fix, it is or should be easy to implement and improve the current situation.

Zwick
Agnar Koladrov
Agnar Koladrov

Posted - 2005.08.07 22:46:00 - [75]

Originally by: Zwick

How would that fix it?
People will still crush the complexes like madmans after DT, so the rest of us "normal" players (no offence intended) are left in the dark on what ever drops there.

To fix it CCP needs an active system, a complex management system. Lowering the key respawn rate isn`t working, getting in first is working also cuase you severly limiting others from have fun in there.

Only way to fix it, is that you can only enter the complex a fixed numbers of times a day. Just like the ship class restriction that is in place now. Or that only high sp char can 5/10 an up, I don`t know just brainstorming here Razz
Agnar Koladrov
Agnar Koladrov
Gallente
Hurricane Corporation

Posted - 2005.08.07 22:46:00 - [76]

How would that fix it?
People will still crush the complexes like madmans after DT, so the rest of us "normal" players (no offence intended) are left in the dark on what ever drops there.

To fix it CCP needs an active system, a complex management system. Lowering the key respawn rate isn`t working, getting in first is working also cuase you severly limiting others from have fun in there.

Only way to fix it, is that you can only enter the complex a fixed numbers of times a day. Just like the ship class restriction that is in place now. Or that only high sp char can 5/10 an up, I don`t know just brainstorming here Razz

-- What a Revelation! --

Where was the creativty for speed/mass/etc when the tier2 Battlecruisers were designed? Why the same for each race BC?
Zwick
Zwick

Posted - 2005.08.08 00:08:00 - [77]

Since players would not be able to 'Race' through the complex, thru the use of passkeys from previous times in the complex. It at least starts any one entering the complex off on even footing, and after the first gate requiring a key no one will be able to 'Race' past you.

Yes, this may cause a rush for the key right after down time. That can be dealt with by increasing the frequencey that Key buildings spawn, will dropping the drop rate for items such as the gisti mods.

Given those changes it would lessen the value of farming the complexes versus the time it takes to complete each complex.

In response to your original how would that help, by increasing the time required to reach the item that is being farmed and lessen the chance of success (ie it would be a race to that first key). It should reduce the tendencey to farm by reducing the over all return of farming the complex.

Zwick

ps - even with the current amount of farming, I went around and checked out several serp and gurista plexes today, and found at least one of each (gurista, and serp, lvls 1-4) completely intact, including all overseer, and overseer structures (including the one that drops gisti mods).

Zwick
Zwick

Posted - 2005.08.08 00:08:00 - [78]

Since players would not be able to 'Race' through the complex, thru the use of passkeys from previous times in the complex. It at least starts any one entering the complex off on even footing, and after the first gate requiring a key no one will be able to 'Race' past you.

Yes, this may cause a rush for the key right after down time. That can be dealt with by increasing the frequencey that Key buildings spawn, will dropping the drop rate for items such as the gisti mods.

Given those changes it would lessen the value of farming the complexes versus the time it takes to complete each complex.

In response to your original how would that help, by increasing the time required to reach the item that is being farmed and lessen the chance of success (ie it would be a race to that first key). It should reduce the tendencey to farm by reducing the over all return of farming the complex.

Zwick

ps - even with the current amount of farming, I went around and checked out several serp and gurista plexes today, and found at least one of each (gurista, and serp, lvls 1-4) completely intact, including all overseer, and overseer structures (including the one that drops gisti mods).

Drutort
Drutort

Posted - 2005.08.08 01:28:00 - [79]

First of all, there is NO point to have .5 and above complexes to not be instances, why? SIMPLE you cant attack without concord on your behindą so everything else below .5 should be as it is now so that ppl can farm and can attack each other.

That way the ones in empire can be enjoyed as content and should have very high respawn times along with it being an instance, that way people couldnĘt farm them, and that is because there is no real threat (besides the npcs)

The empire ones should have some chance to drop the ok or good bpcs but because of high timer you would only get a chance once in a while.

IMO that is the only way to fix itą empire (.5 and above) complexes to be instances and everything below is contested

support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo

my PhotoBlog
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2005.08.08 01:28:00 - [80]

First of all, there is NO point to have .5 and above complexes to not be instances, why? SIMPLE you cant attack without concord on your behindą so everything else below .5 should be as it is now so that ppl can farm and can attack each other.

That way the ones in empire can be enjoyed as content and should have very high respawn times along with it being an instance, that way people couldnĘt farm them, and that is because there is no real threat (besides the npcs)

The empire ones should have some chance to drop the ok or good bpcs but because of high timer you would only get a chance once in a while.

IMO that is the only way to fix itą empire (.5 and above) complexes to be instances and everything below is contested

Agnar Koladrov
Agnar Koladrov

Posted - 2005.08.08 11:33:00 - [81]

Well My idea was: set a limit per 24 hours for players to enter complexes, and increased the respawn rate of the overseer/keys.
Like a 1/10 can be done 10 > t/24h, a 2/10 > 6 t/24h and so on to about 4/10. From 5/10 to 10/10 the limit is the same. (an example)

In this way ppl cannot re-rush a certain set of complexes in 24h over and over and this leaves room for others to do the complexes aswell. The keys respawn regularly, like 30 min or so and tune the drops accordingly (if it isn`t already, cause I never found one).
Also locking the next gate if is there a player (or a gang) already in the next level is a goot idea, but also can be troublesom.

If you have some sort of system like this in place complexes that are regularly run, aren`t rendered useless the half of the day after DT. Players are now also "forced" to go look for other complexes other then there standard to run list.

Anyway this was just an example on the subject, one that I think can solve part of the rush problem.
Agnar Koladrov
Agnar Koladrov
Gallente
Hurricane Corporation

Posted - 2005.08.08 11:33:00 - [82]

Well My idea was: set a limit per 24 hours for players to enter complexes, and increased the respawn rate of the overseer/keys.
Like a 1/10 can be done 10 > t/24h, a 2/10 > 6 t/24h and so on to about 4/10. From 5/10 to 10/10 the limit is the same. (an example)

In this way ppl cannot re-rush a certain set of complexes in 24h over and over and this leaves room for others to do the complexes aswell. The keys respawn regularly, like 30 min or so and tune the drops accordingly (if it isn`t already, cause I never found one).
Also locking the next gate if is there a player (or a gang) already in the next level is a goot idea, but also can be troublesom.

If you have some sort of system like this in place complexes that are regularly run, aren`t rendered useless the half of the day after DT. Players are now also "forced" to go look for other complexes other then there standard to run list.

Anyway this was just an example on the subject, one that I think can solve part of the rush problem.

-- What a Revelation! --

Shai 'Hulud
Shai 'Hulud

Posted - 2005.08.09 07:06:00 - [83]

This whole "locking people out" idea is stupidity. It falls in line with the "complexes were not made to be farmed" claim. A hint for you peeps: almost everything in MMO's is designed to be farmed/grinded Wink

There are 2 fundamental problems with complexes atm: They have set respawns directly relatable to the DT respawn and they are static structures that sit in one place. There is no excuse for the lazy programming seen in the post DT full respawn, especially since the respawn of these structures from that point on is a fairly fixed time period. In other words, if you get on an hour after DT you may as well not bother with these plexes for the next 6hrs or so. Further, the only reason these structures are "farmed" is because they are always in the same location (and perhaps more importantly because it is profitable). A complex should not respawn the npc's that it contains, it should respawn as an entirely new complex in a new location. This would greatly reduce the ability to "farm" these dungeons.

In the end, this whole farming complaint nothing but typical whine ugh
Shai 'Hulud
Shai 'Hulud
Guiding Hand Social Club

Posted - 2005.08.09 07:06:00 - [84]

This whole "locking people out" idea is stupidity. It falls in line with the "complexes were not made to be farmed" claim. A hint for you peeps: almost everything in MMO's is designed to be farmed/grinded Wink

There are 2 fundamental problems with complexes atm: They have set respawns directly relatable to the DT respawn and they are static structures that sit in one place. There is no excuse for the lazy programming seen in the post DT full respawn, especially since the respawn of these structures from that point on is a fairly fixed time period. In other words, if you get on an hour after DT you may as well not bother with these plexes for the next 6hrs or so. Further, the only reason these structures are "farmed" is because they are always in the same location (and perhaps more importantly because it is profitable). A complex should not respawn the npc's that it contains, it should respawn as an entirely new complex in a new location. This would greatly reduce the ability to "farm" these dungeons.

JP Beauregard
JP Beauregard

Posted - 2005.08.09 11:02:00 - [85]

Originally by: Shai 'Hulud
A hint for you peeps: almost everything in MMO's is designed to be farmed/grinded Wink

I very much doubt it is meant to be that way. Things simply turn out that way because static repeatable "content" is easier to create. And such "content" keeps those with little or no skills paying the monthly fee because they get their loot fix at regular intervals.

Wrong again. Your farming is nothing but a typically unimaginative form of gameplay that avoids immersion to a fault.

And the complex farmers I have seen around Everyshore these past three days are almost without exception among the most inconsiderate, greedy and downright dumb people I have ever met in any environment, virtual or otherwise.

JP Beauregard

==========================
Thinking generally ruins the EVEperience.
JP Beauregard
JP Beauregard
Gallente
Pilkington Communications

Posted - 2005.08.09 11:02:00 - [86]

A hint for you peeps: almost everything in MMO's is designed to be farmed/grinded Wink

I very much doubt it is meant to be that way. Things simply turn out that way because static repeatable "content" is easier to create. And such "content" keeps those with little or no skills paying the monthly fee because they get their loot fix at regular intervals.

Wrong again. Your farming is nothing but a typically unimaginative form of gameplay that avoids immersion to a fault.

And the complex farmers I have seen around Everyshore these past three days are almost without exception among the most inconsiderate, greedy and downright dumb people I have ever met in any environment, virtual or otherwise.

**** PILCO - We Service Brains of All Sizes ****
Wolverine PL
Wolverine PL

Posted - 2005.08.09 11:29:00 - [87]

After few days camping to get anything worthy I just give UP. Even 4/10 complex are clean. Hard to get anything (even damn key). I was so furius at some point I almost shot someone in 0.6 system. Come one guys only way to stablize market and fix this problem is to provent ppl doing complex more then 1 time per week. So it gonna be 2 days per person anyway (1 person - 3 characters).

Wolverine PL
Wolverine PL
Gallente
ClanKillers
Dusk and Dawn

Posted - 2005.08.09 11:29:00 - [88]

After few days camping to get anything worthy I just give UP. Even 4/10 complex are clean. Hard to get anything (even damn key). I was so furius at some point I almost shot someone in 0.6 system. Come one guys only way to stablize market and fix this problem is to provent ppl doing complex more then 1 time per week. So it gonna be 2 days per person anyway (1 person - 3 characters).

Lord Zap
Lord Zap

Posted - 2005.08.09 12:51:00 - [89]

Agreed, its ridiculous, I've seen so many people farming these complexes in Vigilants. I managed to find one 3/10 Serp where I got to the 3rd level but the key didn't spawn even after 3 hours of waiting :/ The respawn rate defo needs to be increased. I'm about to give up myself and do something else before I end up pwning one of these nubs and then getting conkordokkened..
Lord Zap
Lord Zap
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2005.08.09 12:51:00 - [90]

Agreed, its ridiculous, I've seen so many people farming these complexes in Vigilants. I managed to find one 3/10 Serp where I got to the 3rd level but the key didn't spawn even after 3 hours of waiting :/ The respawn rate defo needs to be increased. I'm about to give up myself and do something else before I end up pwning one of these nubs and then getting conkordokkened..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,10s, ref 20240425/1108
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.