Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
Zuquar Bonaparte
Zuquar Bonaparte
New Dawn Corporation
Circle-Of-Two

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 15:28:57 - [841] - Quote

quote of the month

Tiamat has been SUCCESSFULLY deployed Roll
kleinduimpie
kleinduimpie
The 7 star Pirates

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:07 - [842] - Quote

LOL soon they have to change the topic from 2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension into 2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Uptime.

Hopefully it will no take too long anymore.

For those who gets a drawback logon to the test server and do some New player Experience tests.

Patiently waiting to get my character docked Big smile
fuel2310
fuel2310
Balls In Front

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:18 - [843] - Quote

Hey CCp
Would love to have a update on how things are going whit the servers Shocked

we know you work hard to keep us all pleased
KEEP UP THEE GOOD WORK
and give us our game back asap
Hulseinator
Hulseinator
Allcorp Resource Union

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:21 - [844] - Quote

Well, next time could you please schedule a time for the unscheduled downtime you don't expect. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
Kaervek Dalani
Kaervek Dalani
Starcade Group
Elemental Tide

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:40 - [845] - Quote

MailDeadDrop wrote:
Kaervek Dalani wrote:
This is my first post on the Eve Forums, so go easy on me. :)

Just wanted to say that it's pretty awesome a developer takes this much time to respond to our concerns and keep us posted. I know it's crummy that Tranq is down, but I'm impressed that it's this easy to stay informed.

Don't let the blue "Dev" tag mislead you: CCP Falcon isn't a developer. He is the "Community Manager" (or perhaps *a* Community Manager; I'm a little unclear if that's a shared title). It's an integral part of his job to keep us informed.

Actually, I'd be rather annoyed if a developer were in here giving us updates instead of addressing the problem itself.

MDD

Ah, good to know. Well, I'm just pleased they have a position like that. I feel like they could have delegated 'community relations' to an intern, who just made one twitter post: "STUFF IS BROKE".

And now back to pacing the corridor...
Enigma Flux
Enigma Flux
Gods n Monsters
Failure To Communicate Alliance

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:53 - [846] - Quote

Just go back to watching Clear Skies one through 3, thats what we used to do :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5285kr1J4xE One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRJgxkK-t8 Two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehN1eS6HSro Three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVy6uPJnkw Bloopers

Stop Bitching, grab a beer and laugh your asses off
Big Lynx
Big Lynx
The Moustachery

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:57 - [847] - Quote

Free SP inc?
Lonewolf Andrews
Lonewolf Andrews
ROC Academy
ROC.

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:29:58 - [848] - Quote

Syjeklye wrote:
Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
I'm guessing server still down,
But i have to say some of the posts i seen im so ashamed of people CCP have brought us an deep truely awesome game and i read posts and topics of people bashing away at CCP when errors happen.
complaining does nothing specially when CCP working hard to sort it and tbh can those who complain fix it prob not.
is it worth waiting for server to be fixed yes cause when it goes back online normally it's fine so instead on folks having a pop at CCP i would like to Thank them for an awesome game and wish them the best in fixing the issue

Yeah i don't get it, Game the keeps on going, don't have to pay for expansions, keeps on developing people just need wanna be punks sometimes its a shame CCP never lets me down tho, never had a ticket not get answered or a issue not handled.

unfortunately iv had a ticket in the system for 5 days now with no answer
Karlos Slim
Karlos Slim
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:30:19 - [849] - Quote

To those complaining:

Either respect that they are doing everything in their power to resolve the issue..
or
Go take years of IT and networking training and schools and fix it yourself.

Have some respect for the people in this world who do work for a living to satisfy you, especially with something that is not a necessity such as a video game. All joking aside, show some respect for those who make this game possible for you, even if they can be d*cks sometimes.
flapie 2
flapie 2
Planetary Traders Union

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:30:21 - [850] - Quote

La Ahri wrote:
Senirab Olacar wrote:
I heard the servers run Windows? You should probably reboot and try it again.

What if they can't reboot because their boot.ini is deleted?

Just incase the Drifter did shoot Jita 4-4, i think there were some boots.ini for sale in dodi still P
La Rynx
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:30:24 - [851] - Quote

Kosa Galactus wrote:
PRO TIP:

When using the "turn it off and then back on again" method, please also physically unplug the power supply cable from the rear of the server, and leave in unplugged for 10 seconds. Then plug it back in and restart the server.

See how that works for you.

If that doesn't work, get back to me and I'll go through the "jiggling all the wires at the back of the server" procedure.

Good luck with that if discs start failing...

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Forum Main

Unprovoked Attack Jibberjabba
Unprovoked Attack Jibberjabba
Gallente Rebels Inc.
Villore Accords

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:30:37 - [852] - Quote

To all the people complaining just remember...

The server will be up whenever CCP fix it. Whining and moaning here isn't going to make that happen any faster...

Lost but still found

Cedric Rochester
Cedric Rochester
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:31:24 - [853] - Quote

dominique Rotineque wrote:

They can update all they want imho.. but not seeing results angers most folks. People want results not empty promises :)

For all they know they are circle spanking the monkey waiting for the tech that stored a backup tape with all our chars at home wich he misplaced and is now frantically searching for. Wich is not the case.. right? RIGHT?

Fair enough.

A catastrophic database failure, in which you're speaking of, is extremely rare, seeing as how pretty much any business-grade server/cluster has a backup built in. Basically a pile of drives that just store a copy of what's running on the live hard drives. If, for some crazy ass reason (like a very angry hacker, or a disgruntled employee) all data is lost on the live servers, then the backup drives are just hot-swapped in. It's like pulling out a cartridge and sliding another one in, except a crapload more times.

I'd suspect it'd take CCP less than 30 minutes to accomplish a task like that, even if they only have two techs on-call. An hour if those techs were at home. There's no way they'd store their data backups at some employee's house. It'd be on location.

It's more likely an issue raised with the patch they just installed. They're trying to narrow something down in code that will fix an unforeseen problem.

"It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours." -Diogenes of Sinope

Dutchess Kumquat
Dutchess Kumquat
Aurelias Industrial Syndicate

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:31:28 - [854] - Quote

The real reason why the server is down... is because Falcon is secretly Batman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIQQeL2ZYk

Cool
Mars Starforge
Mars Starforge
Delta vane Corp.
Mordus Angels

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:31:51 - [855] - Quote

CCP should provide a complimentary Collector's Edition EVE Offline spaceship. You can only fly it during downtime, and it looks like the old arcade space invaders.
Brian Harrelstein
Brian Harrelstein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:31:55 - [856] - Quote

Unprovoked Attack Jibberjabba wrote:
To all the people complaining just remember...

The server will be up whenever CCP fix it. Whining and moaning here isn't going to make that happen any faster...

But it feels good, that's why everybody does it. P
Ravnik
Ravnik
Choke-Hold

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:31:59 - [857] - Quote

David Deltori wrote:
@CCP have all your hamsters passed away ?

Scientists have recently found out that it may have been in fact hamsters that spread the plague in Europe, and not rats as previously thought.

CCP now needs to check their whole fleet of hamsters to make sure they are clean...

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

insaneopath Crazy
insaneopath Crazy
The 7th Retribution

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:32:07 - [858] - Quote

Please people I know you want to pop a pod ....... but

your ship is down please take a nap

, go get something to eat,

watch a good movie,

or do something you have wanted to do for a long time

the awesome people behind the game that work in the server room are doing there best to get things going

thanks again for all you do CCP and the DEVS too

now for the voting, Jenshae Chiropteera is a good person and I will vote for her

Daeghun Zardoz
Daeghun Zardoz
The Red Scarfs

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:32:22 - [859] - Quote

Pro life tips for earning ISK during downtime: burglarize houses, mug people in the streets, maybe extort a drug dealer or two. Turn loot into PLEX, sell it and BOOM! You just made a couple billion ISK even though the server's down!

And here I thought EVE players were supposed to be creative in their ways to make ISK :<
servalaan
servalaan

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:32:26 - [860] - Quote

Pos was fueled - check
Skill queue was filled - check
Found wallet - check
Dog lead found - check
Attached lead to dog - check
Route to pub planned and optimized - check
Undocking >>> Undocking confirmed.

Autopilot engaged......

If pinocchio told you his nose was about to grow, what would happen?

David Deltori
David Deltori
Not A Holding Corporation
The Andraste

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:32:28 - [861] - Quote

NEW TWITTER POST

===========================

Dear Players

The hamsters have died and now we are having compatibility problems with squirrels, we hope to have the problem resolved soon.

CCP Falcon
Garuda Nil
Garuda Nil
Tailender

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:32:43 - [862] - Quote

Token shitpost.
Herr Opa-Footsa
Herr Opa-Footsa
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:32:43 - [863] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

It was, then it was a software thing, now it's a software and hardware thing Lol

Ouch! That's when you know its a bad day. Peeling back cumulative updates SUCKS! Good luck guys.
Lesen
Lesen
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:33:07 - [864] - Quote

F5 is melting
Nalles
Nalles
Worms Coalition
The Volition Cult

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:33:12 - [865] - Quote

So for every hour we can't play, I assume we get gecko's in compensation? :)
Rayzilla Zaraki
Rayzilla Zaraki
Tandokuno

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:33:20 - [866] - Quote

This is ridiculous. I have jobs to restart, my PI is falling behind, I let my skill queue run out at 1 min before usual downtime and I am on the hours for PLEX plan for the next 17.31456 minutes.

Did I miss anything?

I demand a pony.

Gate campers are just Carebears with anger issues.

Nerath Naaris
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:34:12 - [867] - Quote

Nerath Naaris wrote:
Did I hear someone say Skillpoint reimpursement?

The voices, they get louder and louder.....

Forum-unbanned since 2011.10.20.

Tauempire Avetus
Tauempire Avetus
Relentless Terrorism

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:34:20 - [868] - Quote

I can see both sides tbh yes CCP are working toward fixing the problem as fast as they can as it costs them money when its down, however people pay there subscription fee's in RL money not all pay in plex. So when a product is faulty you would return to the shop and each hour that goes by is costing us RL money from our subscription fee's so just be like me get on that fence and sit back and watch
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:35:04 - [869] - Quote

Nerath Naaris wrote:
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Did I hear someone say Skillpoint reimpursement?

The voices, they get louder and louder.....

You may want to go see somebody for that. Its not a good thing you know.
zuuwly
zuuwly
Perimeter Defense Systems
Templis CALSF

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:35:08 - [870] - Quote

And the pixies sing - Where is my eve , Where is my eve , wheeeeeere is my eve

Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,13s, ref 20240424/2340
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.